PDA

View Full Version : Did Deron quit on the Nets already ?

Slimsim
01-12-2012, 01:19 AM
Thoughts ?

AddiX
01-12-2012, 01:28 AM
I watched his game last night, he was playing very hard. I can't blame him for being disappointed playing in nj, I saw him scoring from every direction possible, setting up teammates inside and out, he was attacking relentlessly.

I was watching the game thinking, there really isn't anything else he can do.

llemon
01-12-2012, 01:30 AM
He is playing like crap thus far this season

thenetslegend
01-12-2012, 01:36 AM
yes, just trade him, brook, and brooks for shumpert

DoMeFavors
01-12-2012, 01:37 AM
No, he is waiting for the Howard trade to go through.

jmoney85
01-12-2012, 01:38 AM
thread had to be started by a knick fan... go figure ... this is baiting to the max

Slimsim
01-12-2012, 01:39 AM
yes, just trade him, brook, and brooks for shumpert

Pass

But seriously NO

But all joking aside HELL NO

phen0m
01-12-2012, 01:40 AM
The only reason he was ever considered good was because he played with Carlos Boozer.

Slimsim
01-12-2012, 01:41 AM
thread had to be started by a knick fan... go figure ... this is baiting to the max

Well I'm not a master baiter

I haven't really been watching nets games because NY usually play the same night but looking at his stats it seems unusually low.

uptownfan
01-12-2012, 01:42 AM

Honestly I'd be very surprised if Dwight still wants to go to NJ after seeing how bad they've been this year. It would have to take another solid player heading to NJ for Dwight to still want to go there. I think Dwight's ultimately gonna wind up with the Lakers

jmoney85
01-12-2012, 01:42 AM

I haven't really been watching nets games because NY usually play the same night but looking at his stats it seems unusually low.

or that you were trolling the nets board and saw us talking about it

Slimsim
01-12-2012, 01:45 AM
or that you were trolling the nets board and saw us talking about it

I just wanted to see if there was any comment on Gallo play tonight

Beltrans Mole
01-12-2012, 01:55 AM

Right.

DoMeFavors
01-12-2012, 01:58 AM
Honestly I'd be very surprised if Dwight still wants to go to NJ after seeing how bad they've been this year. It would have to take another solid player heading to NJ for Dwight to still want to go there. I think Dwight's ultimately gonna wind up with the Lakers

Face it Dwight and Deron are playing with each other, Nets havent had a full roster all year 3 of their starters are out one being their second best player. It wont matter how bad Nets are now if Dwight comes..because it will be an entire new team.

smood999
01-12-2012, 02:02 AM
nj ruined marburys career and it will ruin d wills...he needs to get out unless they get howard...he will commit career suicide if he stays without howard there

jmoney85
01-12-2012, 02:07 AM
nj ruined marburys career and it will ruin d wills...he needs to get out unless they get howard...he will commit career suicide if he stays without howard there

marbury ruined his own career

kidd flurished is NJ

Cal827
01-12-2012, 02:11 AM

That's my Job :D

Deron has quit on that team. Nets are going to be almost as bad as the Wizzyerdds. This is why Paul>>> Williams All Day, Erry Day.

Knicks are overrated

Derrick Rose is a product of the System, look what Lucas did today. Unlike Lebron, he can be replaced, so don't give me that crap that Lebron isn't as valuable as Rose :D

ok I'm done.

Slimsim
01-12-2012, 02:18 AM
ny ruined marburys career and it will ruin d wills...he needs to get out unless they get howard...he will commit career suicide if he stays without howard there

Fixed

GiantsSwaGG
01-12-2012, 02:35 AM
Nets ruined Marbury and Keith Van Horn's career. D-Will is next!

jmoney85
01-12-2012, 02:37 AM
how did the nets ruin keith van horns career?... he didnt have a career outside of nj lol

mvb815
01-12-2012, 02:42 AM
say what you want, he was the only high caliber player who signed with a team without a superstar on it in recent years.

that takes some balls

Afridi786
01-12-2012, 02:49 AM
^He didn't sign anything with NJ, he's leaving for Dallas.

gaughan333
01-12-2012, 02:51 AM
he out

JNA17
01-12-2012, 02:53 AM
Deron is gone.

LongIslandIcedZ
01-12-2012, 02:54 AM
say what you want, he was the only high caliber player who signed with a team without a superstar on it in recent years.

that takes some balls

Amare?

mvb815
01-12-2012, 02:56 AM
Amare?

if amare didn't already know superstars would be joining him in new york he wouldn't be there right now

Cal827
01-12-2012, 02:59 AM

that takes some balls

lol no he didn't.

thenetslegend
01-12-2012, 03:09 AM
deron needs to team upwith paul george already, george is 6'10. that means 6-10 championships in a row

GREATNESS ONE
01-12-2012, 03:14 AM
think everyday that passes Deron is getting more and more frustrated. If NJ can't pull off a trade and land another superstar next to him, you might as well deal him before he walks.

LongIslandIcedZ
01-12-2012, 03:17 AM
if amare didn't already know superstars would be joining him in new york he wouldn't be there right now

Oh my bad.

llemon
01-12-2012, 03:18 AM
Nets ruined Marbury and Keith Van Horn's career. D-Will is next!

Marbury ruined Van Horn's career, though Kidd didn't like Keith either.

Cassell liked Van Horn.

llemon
01-12-2012, 03:21 AM

that takes some balls

No, all it took was all that Knicks money

thenetslegend
01-12-2012, 03:27 AM

no its cause he got overpaid badly

seikou8
01-12-2012, 03:38 AM
no its cause he got overpaid badly

bet you want him and melo but just like every star no one wants to be a net they arent good every player remember when they said the nets last year the nets were going to be a better team than the knicks:laugh2: that was funny.

llemon
01-12-2012, 03:43 AM
bet you want him and melo but just like every star no one wants to be a net they arent good every player remember when they said the nets last year the nets were going to be a better team than the knicks:laugh2: that was funny.

Yeah. That was funny.

Remember when the Knicks won a playoff game? No? Me neither.

smood999
01-12-2012, 03:45 AM
marbury ruined his own career

kidd flurished is NJ

kidd flourished with a different cast...marbury had kittles (always hurt), van horn (always hurt), jayson williams (always hurt)...when the nets traded him for kidd and added k mart and richard jefferson...it became marburys fault the nets were bad..ppl completely ignored his lack of a supporting cast...i could see the story with d wills..forced his way out of utah, got sloan fired...tried to be the man in nj but couldnt....etc...its very similar to marbury forcing way out of minny ending up in nj and not being able to live up to what he was suppose to do..whether his fault or not...

llemon
01-12-2012, 03:49 AM
kidd flourished with a different cast...marbury had kittles (always hurt), van horn (always hurt), jayson williams (always hurt)...when the nets traded him for kidd and added k mart and richard jefferson...it became marburys fault the nets were bad..ppl completely ignored his lack of a supporting cast...i could see the story with d wills..forced his way out of utah, got sloan fired...tried to be the man in nj but couldnt....etc...its very similar to marbury forcing way out of minny ending up in nj and not being able to live up to what he was suppose to do..whether his fault or not...

Marbury played with Kenyon. Kenyon was glad to see Marbury go.

Lake_Show2416
01-12-2012, 03:50 AM
Hes on cruise control until they try & get Howard or the offseason

llemon
01-12-2012, 03:56 AM
Hes on cruise control until they try & get Howard or the offseason

It's heaven and hell. Mostly hell since Kidd left.

Edit:Correction. Mostly hell since the moment Nets resigned Carter.

thenetslegend
01-12-2012, 04:14 AM

i take carmelo, not amare

jam
01-12-2012, 04:20 AM
You're mistaking cause and effect: it's not that new jersey "ruined" either player; it's that both Marbury and Deron are knuckleheads and were sent out to the boonies as punishment.

The nets won't sign howard, and even if they did, they still wouldn't have enough talent to be anywhere near a championship contender.

llemon
01-12-2012, 04:24 AM
You're mistaking cause and effect: it's not that new jersey "ruined" either player; it's that both Marbury and Deron are knuckleheads and were sent out to the boonies as punishment.

The nets won't sign howard, and even if they did, they still wouldn't have enough talent to be anywhere near a championship contender.

Nets signed Marbury to a big contract

Stephon wasn't worth Cassell straight up.

shep33
01-12-2012, 04:29 AM
If they're going to be awful by the deadline, I don't even know if Howard would want to go there anymore... actually it's the worst scenario for him, might as well land via free agency.

If they trade away all their young assets for Howard, that team isn't going to be a top team in the East. They still need a lot of pieces.

Cano-Montero...
01-12-2012, 04:50 AM
If they're going to be awful by the deadline, I don't even know if Howard would want to go there anymore... actually it's the worst scenario for him, might as well land via free agency.

If they trade away all their young assets for Howard, that team isn't going to be a top team in the East. They still need a lot of pieces.

actually if they suck at the deadline Orlando would want to trade with them... plus they could easily surround dwight and deron with players in FA...

aussie
01-12-2012, 08:34 AM
more than likely

oak2455
01-12-2012, 09:04 AM
He's going to Dallas.....Howard to the lakers

lvlheaded
01-12-2012, 09:14 AM
I get the feeling the longer they lose, the more likely that D-Will leaves. Just a hunch, I can't see him staying unless they pull Howard and things start turning around. The question that also must be posed, is Dwight more concerned with winning or being in a big market? Cause even with Dwight and D-Will, although they'd probably be a playoff team, they'd also probably be 1 and done because there would be ZERO supporting cast left

onlythisfar41
01-12-2012, 09:19 AM

that takes some balls

Ummmm, he didnt sign with NJ he got traded there. That doesnt take balls its just something that happened and I promise you he didnt want to go from a great playoff caliber team in Utah, to a crappy lottery team in NJ.

Greet
01-12-2012, 09:20 AM
No. He's already said he needs to fix his body language on the court. He's talked about how he feels about this team plenty of times in interviews and knows it's a learning process.

BigEric
01-12-2012, 09:47 AM
Can everyone just forget about Dwight to NJ. They DON'T have the picks. They DON'T have the pieces. They're an empty team. Ok, they have money BUT, so do a lot of other teams with better pieces. NJ is probably in the worst position, out of EVERY NBA franchise.

Rockice_8
01-12-2012, 10:13 AM

No he's raising the value of the 2012 draft pick so when they sign Dwight in the offseason they'll have more assets to build a team.

Honestly though the team is a bunch of shooters. They were expecting to have Lopez/D-Will running the P&R and without a guy to consistently draw double teams (Lopez) the shooters aren't getting the open looks they need. Outside of D-Will the only guy they have that can create shots is Brooks (who is just a rookie). Clearly this has to be the case since they have one of if not the worst FG% in the league.

He hasn't quit though he understands the big picture. He's still committed to building a winner in Brooklyn, nothing has changed there.

oak2455
01-12-2012, 10:14 AM
Can everyone just forget about Dwight to NJ. They DON'T have the picks. They DON'T have the pieces. They're an empty team. Ok, they have money BUT, so do a lot of other teams with better pieces. NJ is probably in the worst position, out of EVERY NBA franchise.

What....LOL

BKLYNpigeon
01-12-2012, 10:16 AM
Its kind of hard for Deron Williams to compete when Kris Humphries is the second best player on the team right now.

Rockice_8
01-12-2012, 10:18 AM

:laugh2:

You know nothing about basketball I see. This site just gets worse and worse.

oak2455
01-12-2012, 10:20 AM
No he's raising the value of the 2012 draft pick so when they sign Dwight in the offseason they'll have more assets to build a team.

Honestly though the team is a bunch of shooters. They were expecting to have Lopez/D-Will running the P&R and without a guy to consistently draw double teams (Lopez) the shooters aren't getting the open looks they need. Outside of D-Will the only guy they have that can create shots is Brooks (who is just a rookie). Clearly this has to be the case since they have one of if not the worst FG% in the league.

He hasn't quit though he understands the big picture. He's still committed to building a winner in Brooklyn, nothing has changed there.

You honesty think Orlando will just let him go like Shaq?? I dont that's happening....

Rockice_8
01-12-2012, 10:25 AM
You honesty think Orlando will just let him go like Shaq?? I dont that's happening....

Then where is he getting traded to and for who. LA for Bynum and what else. Bynum alone isn't getting it done. They have nothing else cause they don't want to include both bigs.

Lopez/Morrow or Brooks/2012 1st (top 5-7 most likely), HOU 1st and salary relief is better then Bynum/Ebanks and the 30th pick.

Plus Dwight wants Brooklyn it's his number one choice and yes that means something. It's far from a guarantee but the Nets can make a deal, it's not LA or nothing.

nycericanguy
01-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Then where is he getting traded to and for who. LA for Bynum and what else. Bynum alone isn't getting it done. They have nothing else cause they don't want to include both bigs.

Lopez/Morrow or Brooks/2012 1st (top 5-7 most likely), HOU 1st and salary relief is better then Bynum/Ebanks and the 30th pick.

Plus Dwight wants Brooklyn it's his number one choice and yes that means something. It's far from a guarantee but the Nets can make a deal, it's not LA or nothing.

Probably not, but at the end of the day Bynum is better than letting him walk. What we have learned the last 2 years after the Lebron saga is these teams will NOT let their stars just walk.

I think he'll end up in LA, Lakers will trade Bynum & Gasol, but they'll get back other pieces in a 3 way like Hedo and maybe Glen Davis? Since they'd need a PF.

Rockice_8
01-12-2012, 10:44 AM
Probably not, but at the end of the day Bynum is better than letting him walk. What we have learned the last 2 years after the Lebron saga is these teams will NOT let their stars just walk.

I think he'll end up in LA, Lakers will trade Bynum & Gasol, but they'll get back other pieces in a 3 way like Hedo and maybe Glen Davis? Since they'd need a PF.

Yes Bynum is better then nothing but so is the Nets package. Buss has said multiple times that he doesn't want to trade both so while you might think they should it's his decision and he doesn't want to do it. I almost don't blame him though cause they are playing great. He loves Bynum almost to a fault.

rhymeratic
01-12-2012, 10:46 AM
Deron Williams is tough to figure out right now. Its like I question whether the talent is really that bad in NJ... but then again if Deron was sooo great... wouldn't he be able to overcome that and make his team RISE to the occasion. I feel like Chris Paul wouldn't let this team suck this bad imo.

Deron looks more and more like a guy that doesn't make his team better and gets hollow stats. Marbury 1.5 -> He's not a headcase

oak2455
01-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Yes Bynum is better then nothing but so is the Nets package. Buss has said multiple times that he doesn't want to trade both so while you might think they should it's his decision and he doesn't want to do it. I almost don't blame him though cause they are playing great. He loves Bynum almost to a fault.

Like I've said numerous times Howard will be a Laker and Deron a MAV.....imo

nycericanguy
01-12-2012, 11:17 AM

Nets have a shot, but at the end of the day I think ORL would prefer LAL's package heavily given that Lopez is having foot problems and Bynum is turning into a beast.

I'm sure Buss doesn't WANT to trade both, but if they are getting back Howard, Turk and can get back a decent PF as well, I don't see how the Lakers turn that down.

Ill21
01-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Face it Dwight and Deron are playing with each other, Nets havent had a full roster all year 3 of their starters are out one being their second best player. It wont matter how bad Nets are now if Dwight comes..because it will be an entire new team.

Just like it was destiny for melo to be a net. :eyebrow:

omdigga
01-12-2012, 11:50 AM
i dont think he quit.. losing brook is huge.. they just need more talent over there..

JerseysFinest
01-12-2012, 11:53 AM
I get the feeling the longer they lose, the more likely that D-Will leaves. Just a hunch, I can't see him staying unless they pull Howard and things start turning around. The question that also must be posed, is Dwight more concerned with winning or being in a big market? Cause even with Dwight and D-Will, although they'd probably be a playoff team, they'd also probably be 1 and done because there would be ZERO supporting cast left

The reason they're losing is because outside of him, the team is trash. MarShon Brooks is a nice player, but he's still a rookie, he can't carry the team by himself. Brook Lopez is out also, which hurts them more. He knows the Nets are after Howard, so while he may be pissed at the fact they're losing, he realizes the end result will be well worth the sacrifice.

PhillyBoomerang
01-12-2012, 11:59 AM
This Season has been a total disaster for the Nets already, Lopez going down with an early injury really hurts the Nets, I think unless Nets get some more impact players with D-Will he will have this lackluster year and sign with another team.. If he has talent around him Deron Williams would be a superstar player. I think that the lack of talent on the team is hurting Deron the most..

ee
01-12-2012, 12:00 PM
Once he shows signs of quitting, he will be traded.....Right now, they're figuring out their offense without him taking over 18 field goals which is not his game.....

D Blue987
01-12-2012, 12:16 PM

I dont think its out of the realm of possibility that both of them play with each other, but I dont think its gonna be on the Nets. I will bet Howard doesnt want to play for them anymore. They are pretty bad. Lopez is a good player but wont bring the same skill set that Bynum can bring back to Orlando. Howard is basically the Lakers to lose at this point. If they want him they can get him. That is assuming that the only real teams that Howard is interested in are the Lakers,Dallas, and Nets still. I dont see why Howard wouldnt want to play for the Lakers either. Kobe looks like he is turning back the clock right now and willing his team to victories again. With Howard in the middle, it will make them much more formidable against the other elite teams. Makes perfect sense for both Orlando and the Lakers.

D Blue987
01-12-2012, 12:20 PM
The reason they're losing is because outside of him, the team is trash. MarShon Brooks is a nice player, but he's still a rookie, he can't carry the team by himself. Brook Lopez is out also, which hurts them more. He knows the Nets are after Howard, so while he may be pissed at the fact they're losing, he realizes the end result will be well worth the sacrifice.

I will say that the Nets would be a playoff team in the East if it were to happen but they are not anywhere close to being a championship contender this season even with him in the middle. You need more than two players in this day and age to win it all. The end result will be an early playoff exit. Not worth the sacrifice. You can hope but lets face it the Nets are not ready to be championship contenders this year.

Ebbs
01-12-2012, 12:44 PM
If I'm Dwight, Deron's play/attitude thus far would not convince me that we could win in NJ.

29$JerZ
01-12-2012, 12:52 PM
Dwight still wouldn't save that team

From top to bottom the talent is awful
For their sake they need him though.

jimbobjarree
01-12-2012, 12:54 PM
he's playing one against five every night, I don't blame him for getting frustrated. Dude's in the prime of his career, he must be feeling as if his talents are being wasted.

But, if he remains patient the reward should come in Dwight Howard, and if not, he'll be able to sign somewhere else anyway. Just has to get through Brook's injury with his sanity.

smood999
01-12-2012, 01:14 PM
truth be told and ive said this many other times even before deron got traded to the nets...what seperates rose and cp3 from deron is deron cannot carry a team...he's played with more talent in his career than either one of those guys...utah wasnt making the playoffs last yr with him ak47, millsap, jefferson....i think that deron is just not the player alot of ppl thought he was...he's in a batman role when he needs to be robin or alfred...nets put all their eggs in the dwight howard basket, i hated when the knicks did the same with the 2010 fa class...it somewhat worked out for ny, but nj is the other possible result i feared for the knicks....deron didnt quit he's just on a bad team and he isnt capable of carrying a team

smood999
01-12-2012, 01:25 PM
also, i would like to add for further proof deron may not have been the player ppl thought....as good as deron is nj should not be one of the worst teams in the nba...that logic is y nj traded away favors and 2 firsts...they werent expecting those picks to be top 10 picks...and in hindsight if thats the case, its a terrible trade cause if nj doesnt get dwight they cant even benefit from their poor play and build through the draft....as a knick fan i know...noah, aldridge, gordon hayward amongst others were players drafted with knick draft picks...u trade first round picks when the trade u make makes ur team not in the lottery

29$JerZ
01-12-2012, 01:27 PM
To be fair for this season alone NJ has no Brook and are riddled with some injuries so its essentially

Deron - Brooks - Farmer - Humphries, etc

However that is more of a sign of a terrible roster than it is giving up on a team. Deron just has no help.

jimbobjarree
01-12-2012, 01:27 PM
truth be told and ive said this many other times even before deron got traded to the nets...what seperates rose and cp3 from deron is deron cannot carry a team...he's played with more talent in his career than either one of those guys...utah wasnt making the playoffs last yr with him ak47, millsap, jefferson....i think that deron is just not the player alot of ppl thought he was...he's in a batman role when he needs to be robin or alfred...nets put all their eggs in the dwight howard basket, i hated when the knicks did the same with the 2010 fa class...it somewhat worked out for ny, but nj is the other possible result i feared for the knicks....deron didnt quit he's just on a bad team and he isnt capable of carrying a team

I agree with you, although the Jazz were making the playoffs before Deron got injured/traded last season. They were like 3rd or 4th seed from what I remember. I think its the best start in NBA history not to make the playoffs, a proud record to hold.

It was Deron's team in Utah, but he never stepped up, never led by example, never become the vocal leader we needed. He just seemed to moan and sulk when things didn't go his way.

Rockice_8
01-12-2012, 01:34 PM
also, i would like to add for further proof deron may not have been the player ppl thought....as good as deron is nj should not be one of the worst teams in the nba...that logic is y nj traded away favors and 2 firsts...they werent expecting those picks to be top 10 picks...and in hindsight if thats the case, its a terrible trade cause if nj doesnt get dwight they cant even benefit from their poor play and build through the draft....as a knick fan i know...noah, aldridge, gordon hayward amongst others were players drafted with knick draft picks...u trade first round picks when the trade u make makes ur team not in the lottery

Um yeah they knew they'd be top 10 picks. He only played 12 games for the Nets last year and the Nets were already in the lottery the other pick they traded wasn't even theirs.

Deron isn't a Kobe, Durant, or a Wade type that can score 50 any given night, he's a guy that will set up others for open looks and right now when he's hitting open guys in the post for dunks and layups they are missing or getting blocked (Petro and Sheldon). Dwight will not be missing these and the rest of the guys on the team (mostly shooters) will now be getting open looks.

The Nets have been crushed so far by injuries and have had a very tough schedule. Deron is nasty but not a guy that carries teams he's a PG that can score some.

Melo had a very good team in DEN and never did anything. He got his points and that was it.