PDA

View Full Version : Report: Team USA Preliminary Roster Set

phlp_bj
01-11-2012, 01:30 AM
USA Basketball is set to name 19 players who make up the preliminary roster for the 2012 Olympics. The group will gather for a short training camp, with the final 12-player roster submitted in mid-June.

According to SheridanHoops, this is the preliminary roster of 19:

LaMarcus Aldridge
Carmelo Anthony
Chauncey Billups
Chris Bosh
Kobe Bryant
Tyson Chandler
Kevin Durant
Eric Gordon
Blake Griffin
Dwight Howard
Andre Iguodala
LeBron James
Kevin Love
Lamar Odom
Chris Paul
Derrick Rose
Dwyane Wade
Russell Westbrook
Deron Williams

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/01/10/exclusive-team-usas-preliminary-roster/

Hellcrooner
01-11-2012, 01:34 AM
No rondo? Wtf"!

xbrackattackx
01-11-2012, 01:34 AM
I def see odom getting cut and maybe Westbrook. Sad too odom was great last time he played international ball.

Cubby
01-11-2012, 01:35 AM
No Rondo because he isn't that good...lol. Every PG on that roster is better than him,

HOZ THE KNICK
01-11-2012, 01:38 AM
monta ellis should get a shot.

cambovenzi
01-11-2012, 01:39 AM
Looking forward to some more international domination.
Roster looks pretty sick.

asandhu23
01-11-2012, 01:39 AM
No Rondo because he isn't that good...lol. Every PG on that roster is better than him,

and here goes another PSD fight.

so far...

LeBron vs Rose

Amare vs Lee

and now this.

Lakers4life08
01-11-2012, 01:40 AM
I think Rondo was unhappy last time he was on USA team that not getting more minutes,and when he got cut from team,so offcourse now they won't call him

phlp_bj
chauncey wont make it. odom and bosh are iffy too. rest all have a shot

xbrackattackx

I take Rondo all day over Westbrook. but that's my opinion.

BranWingss
01-11-2012, 01:41 AM
Canada has the potential for a superteam as well.

Ovratd1up
01-11-2012, 01:53 AM
Rose/Paul/Deron
Kobe/Wade/Gordon
James/Melo
Durant/Griffin
Howard/Love

I don't know. Perhaps they still start Paul over Rose, or start Love somewhere.

LA_Raiders
01-11-2012, 02:01 AM
Bosh, Odom, Billups will not make it...

LA_Raiders
01-11-2012, 02:03 AM
CP3
Kobe
Durant
Love
Howard

Hellcrooner
01-11-2012, 02:03 AM

0 Pg on that rosters are better than Rondo playing like a point guard should play.

Ill agree that all of them are better at this new position called Chuking Guard

Lakers4ItAll
01-11-2012, 02:06 AM
LaMarcus Aldridge
Chauncey Billups
both shouldnt be on the roster

jetsfan28
01-11-2012, 02:06 AM
Howard, Aldridge
LeBron, Love, Griffin
Durant, Melo
Wade, Kobe, Gordon
Paul, Rose

Cut Chandler, Billups, Odom, Westbrook, Bosh, Iggy, Williams (last one hurts, but I don't think you need the extra true PG)

THE GIPPER
01-11-2012, 02:10 AM
cp3
durant
LBJ
Love
Howard

Geargo Wallace
01-11-2012, 02:21 AM
Billups probably shouldn't be there.

soundjunkies2
01-11-2012, 02:23 AM
A lot of talent on this roster. It's gonna be tough choosing who to keep and who to cut.

hgtiger32
01-11-2012, 02:25 AM
LaMarcus Aldridge
Chauncey Billups

L.A. should. Without a doubt.

More-Than-Most
01-11-2012, 02:33 AM
0 Pg on that rosters are better than Rondo playing like a point guard should play.

this

Rondo is actually the best fit for team USA in terms of being a real point guard... You want your point guard to be able to pass and play defense and he is 2nd to none at both... He would not be in my top 5 for top point guards in the nba but for the world game in this situation he would be my first choice.

Baller1
01-11-2012, 02:36 AM
Dwight/Aldridge
Lebron/Love
Durant/Melo/Iggy
Wade/Kobe
Paul/Rose/Westbrook

Corey
01-11-2012, 02:36 AM
Rondo isn't worth a **** in the international game, he can't shoot.

John Walls Era
01-11-2012, 02:38 AM
Bosh will probably make it if its a 12 man team.

Doesn't matter who makes it. Sergio Llull and company will roll through USA.

Corey
01-11-2012, 02:38 AM
LaMarcus Aldridge
Chauncey Billups

Couldn't disagree more about Aldridge. He definitely belongs.

shep33
01-11-2012, 02:44 AM
A boss lineup would be:

-Wade
-Kobe
-Lebron
-Durant
-Howard

Let LBJ play the point.

billsftw
01-11-2012, 02:47 AM
Jesus christ rondo is a better POINT GUARD than most players (rose, westbrook etc)
he may not be as good a scorer but he definetely is the better point guard
only reason he's not in? Lack of a 3pt shot.

goalie
01-11-2012, 02:47 AM
Kobe won't play, surgery in the offseason

billsftw
01-11-2012, 02:48 AM
Bosh will probably make it if its a 12 man team.

Doesn't matter who makes it. Sergio Llull and company will roll through USA.

lol highly unlikely
Bogut + irving will destroy any team.

Corey
01-11-2012, 02:50 AM
Jesus christ rondo is a better POINT GUARD than most players (rose, westbrook etc)
he may not be as good a scorer but he definetely is the better point guard
only reason he's not in? Lack of a 3pt shot.

Your point? Rose is a better overall player and he isn't inept on the offensive end. He was also better defensively last season, believe it or not.

iggypop123
01-11-2012, 02:55 AM
remember this is international ball. rondo would be pathetic there. rose was horrible, he couldnt shoot, they even benched him for KIDD!! most of the team is the same as before. i think griffin has no business being on the team. has to go to alridge. his game is best equiped to play internation ball. spain is gonna be tough. their frontline is elite in the nba, let alone for international ball.

Bulls_fan90
01-11-2012, 02:59 AM

The Chuking guard took a dump on Rubio today with a bum ankle. ;)

Bulls_fan90
01-11-2012, 03:03 AM
remember this is international ball. rondo would be pathetic there. rose was horrible, he couldnt shoot, they even benched him for KIDD!! most of the team is the same as before. i think griffin has no business being on the team. has to go to alridge. his game is best equiped to play internation ball. spain is gonna be tough. their frontline is elite in the nba, let alone for international ball.

What are you talking about? Kidd was never on the World Championship roster. :confused:

JJ_JKidd
01-11-2012, 03:06 AM
I'd rather have (insert your favorite player here even if that player obviously is underserving for intl play) :facepalm:

SMH!
01-11-2012, 03:07 AM
LaMarcus Aldridge
Chauncey Billups

L.A is a beast!

abe_froman
01-11-2012, 03:09 AM
for those saying rondo,he couldnt even break camp in 10 ,so dont get where this great outpouring for him is coming from:confused:

...anyways,looks good.another gold for us a certainty

D1JM
01-11-2012, 03:10 AM
this

Rondo is actually the best fit for team USA in terms of being a real point guard... You want your point guard to be able to pass and play defense and he is 2nd to none at both... He would not be in my top 5 for top point guards in the nba but for the world game in this situation he would be my first choice.

Rondo and FIBA play ??? :laugh: you clearly don't have a clue

Bulls_fan90
01-11-2012, 03:15 AM
No need to turn this into a Rondo bashing thread. The posters that said he should play over Rose, or any other PG on the roster aren't even Boston fans.

More-Than-Most
01-11-2012, 03:16 AM
Rondo and FIBA play ??? :laugh: you clearly don't have a clue

Why cant he use his ability to pass and his defense? Last time I checked you have other scorers on the team... Why not just play the point how it is suppose to be played? Why is there a need for the point guard to chuck it up or score all the time? I am actually asking because I really don't get it... In my eyes Rondo who excels with stars would have a ton on his team if playing for team USA.

D1JM
01-11-2012, 03:19 AM
Why cant he use his ability to pass and his defense? Last time I checked you have other scorers on the team... Why not just play the point how it is suppose to be played? Why is there a need for the point guard to chuck it up or score all the time? I am actually asking because I really don't get it... In my eyes Rondo who excels with stars would have a ton on his team if playing for team USA.

Let me ask you this. You understand whats the big difference with FIBA and the NBA?

_KB24_
01-11-2012, 03:21 AM
Rondo should of made the cut over Billups......

Bulls_fan90
01-11-2012, 03:23 AM
Let me ask you this. You understand whats the big difference with FIBA and the NBA?

Dunks don't count if you dunk over a European? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieXETZVLJa4)

More-Than-Most
01-11-2012, 03:27 AM

No... I see all the rules and have looked them up and I see everyone saying to be successful you need to be able to shoot/Score in fiba but I am not understanding why he cant play his game and excel in fiba... I have read some things about fiba being more solo friendly and not as team friendly but again why cant his game translate to fiba? I am honestly asking because I really don't understand

iggypop123
01-11-2012, 03:32 AM
No... I see all the rules and have looked them up and I see everyone saying to be successful you need to be able to shoot/Score in fiba but I am not understanding why he cant play his game and excel in fiba... I have read some things about fiba being more solo friendly and not as team friendly but again why cant his game translate to fiba? I am honestly asking because I really don't understand

if you cannot shoot you dont belong on the court in fiba. simple as that. teams end up zoning up anyways so rondo's supposed penetration is gone. his defense is a bit overrated but in fiba ball its a bit useless. its not one on one its constant picks, and the refs there allow more things to go away. i think youtube might have the spain usa final game. watch it. it was a great game and they nearly lost until kobe said im ending this.

JLynn943
01-11-2012, 03:34 AM
Billups? I'd rather see a better shooting PG or SG, like Steph Curry or Kevin Martin

Rocketsfan85
01-11-2012, 03:36 AM
Anybody that knows basketball would understand Rondo would flourish in international ball why do u think Kidd started over Paul and Dwill cuz he played defense and he was a true floor general didn't even need to take a shot in the game but I will agree Kidd shoots better than Rondo though but IMO this is my roster

CP3
Kobe
Lebron
Durant
Howard

DWill
Wade
Melo
Griffin
Chandler

Rose/Iguadala(defense purposes)
Love or Bosh(but doubt he'll make the cut)

Hustlenomics
01-11-2012, 03:36 AM
Rondo got snubbed big time. lol @ billups

don't listen to them he can dominate FIBA

Hellcrooner
01-11-2012, 03:51 AM
The Chuking guard took a dump on Rubio today with a bum ankle. ;)

you mean he scored 20 of his points on ridnour? then 10 on rubio?

Cool.

D1JM
01-11-2012, 03:53 AM

In fiba they play a lot of 2-3 zone defense. They want you to take non high percentsge shots from the outside Wgile preventing you to attack the basket. IF you have enough good shooters from the outside you could break that defense . They could force rondo to take the jumpshot as they mam mark everyone else. You have to remember in fiba is a lot more physical so those weak focus aren't being called.

Hellcrooner
01-11-2012, 03:56 AM
mmmm havent tought yet what spains final roster will be.

Candidates:

Pg; Calderon ( raps) rubio ( wolves) R Lopez ( ex jazz) S Rodriguez (ex blaz/Knicks/Kings

sg: Navarro ( ex grizz), Rudy F ( nugg) Llul ( rockets rights)

SF : Claver ( blazers rights) Mirotic ( Bulls rights) Garbajosa ( ex Raps)

Pf; Pau ( Lak) Ibaka ( thun) Aguilar ( 2012 draft)

C; Marc ( grizz) , Vazquez ( Orlando rights)

Crap!!!! we got a ****ing Nba Team that could make playoffs.

D1JM
01-11-2012, 03:57 AM
People might think rondo deserves it because he is a true pg and then might mention look at Rubio. Well Rubio has range apparently so that comparison could be put to rest.

Hustlenomics
01-11-2012, 04:05 AM
Fiba three is closer

iggypop123
01-11-2012, 04:20 AM
how long are your guys memories. he didnt even crack the squad last year. he was benched the last game and he "withdrew" to deal with "family matters"or in other words covering for colangelo cause he didnt want to cut him and maybe embarrass him.

Dilbert456
01-11-2012, 04:29 AM

Theres no right or wrong way to play a certain position. Every player has there strengths, be it in scoring passing or defense or anything

NYKalltheway
01-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Fiba three is closer

50cm closer... not that great of a deal

I see Lithuania as the 1st team to make it. Then Greece, Puerto Rico and Russia should fight for the other 2 spots. Hopefully Greece makes it, even without our star players.

As for the US team, we can all just wait and see. The talent pool is vast and it's a hard selection for the coach. Stars vs more suitable players. Rose, Lebron and Griffin should not make the team realistically. But the NBA wants to market these players so they will.

I think the best possible team would be this:

Howard C
Billups G
Aldridge PF/C
Wade G
Paul G
Love PF/C
Durant F
Chris Bosh PF/C
Iguodala G/F
Bryant G/F
Anthony F
Westbrook G

Positions above listed as they'd be in FIBA play.
Most teams lack the bigs, so having more bigs than guards would be overkill for the rest of the world. FIBA play is similar to the 90s game, where as you remember, it was dominated by centers and power forwarsd besides 3-4 other position stars of course.
You want to translate that game into FIBA play, not the current NBA game.
As for Westbrook over Rose, well I think Rose would not like being played just 8-10 minutes plus Westbrook is used to having a 2nd scorer in his team which makes him more open to the style of play. And I remember liking him more on the US team in 2010 than Rose.

sixer04fan
01-11-2012, 11:35 AM
monta ellis should get a shot.

Ehh...

DaBUU
01-11-2012, 11:37 AM
Rose/Paul/Deron
Kobe/Wade/Gordon
James/Melo
Durant/Griffin
Howard/Love

I don't know. Perhaps they still start Paul over Rose, or start Love somewhere.

I'm sure Coach K goes with the better player, so Rose will start.

Hawkeye15
01-11-2012, 11:40 AM
Rondo can't shoot and can't hit free throws, two things our PG's need to be able to do. This has been discussed before.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Paul/Rose/Deron
Wade/Kobe
LBJ/Durant/Melo
Love/Blake/
D12/Chandler

Something like that. They may pass on Chandler and go with 4 PF's and Dwight. Who knows.

effen5
01-11-2012, 11:50 AM
Jesus christ

Derrick Rose
Dwayne Wade
Lebron James
Blake Griffin
Dwight Howard

WOW

PhillyFaninLA
01-11-2012, 11:51 AM
People might think rondo deserves it because he is a true pg and then might mention look at Rubio. Well Rubio has range apparently so that comparison could be put to rest.

Rubio does not belong in this debate. This topic is about team USA and he would not ever be on team USA.

Jint.
01-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Melo & Chandler :clap::clap:

blystr2002
01-11-2012, 12:11 PM

Have you watched Deron Williams or CP3 play. They don't just shoot. They are true point guards. Rose is young and is the only one on the Bulls who can create his own shot anytime, so maybe he will learn to or they will get someone else at wing or SG who can create as well.

Hawkeye15
01-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Melo & Chandler :clap::clap:

Melo has shown he thrives in FIBA ball, but so has LeBron and Durant. It will be interesting to see how minutes shake out.

slynxpac
01-11-2012, 12:12 PM
Jesus christ

Derrick Rose
Dwayne Wade
Lebron James
Blake Griffin
Dwight Howard

WOW

:clap:

Da Knicks
01-11-2012, 12:22 PM
Rubio does not belong in this debate. This topic is about team USA and he would not ever be on team USA.

They where not talking about Rubio being on the usa team. He just came up because rondo has a similiar game and people are saying that Rondo does not belong because he cant shoot. I think the usa roster will be good but will struggle because of the stars who are not reliable shooters. I know i will get hate because of this but some players should not be in the team and will make it because of the big name. Players like Lebron, Rose and Iggy should not be on the team unless they come in just to play defense and make good passes.

Pg. cp3
sg. Wade or Kobe i guess the matchup will dictate the starter
sf. Durant he can catch and shoot and his length will help.
pf. Melo can shoot post up pretty much international game is a perfect fit.
c. Howard or Chandler for defensive purposes but Love could come in as well if offense is needed.

DaBUU
01-11-2012, 12:24 PM

huh? what the hell tournament were you watching? He didn't play horrible, he actually ran the point very well and he was never benched for anyone. Gotta love the blind hate.

Da Knicks
01-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Jesus christ

Derrick Rose
Dwayne Wade
Lebron James
Blake Griffin
Dwight Howard

WOW

Possibly the worst starting lineup for fiba play, not a single guy that can knock down the open jump shot consistently. For a game at the park that would be awesome with all the dunks but for fiba play that team could be as bad as the usa team that had iverson.

Jint.
01-11-2012, 12:31 PM
Melo has shown he thrives in FIBA ball, but so has LeBron and Durant. It will be interesting to see how minutes shake out.

Big time log jam at the 3.. Lebron, Durant & Melo.. and maybe Iggy too.

I think Lebron will play alot at the 4..

Hawkeye15
01-11-2012, 12:42 PM
Big time log jam at the 3.. Lebron, Durant & Melo.. and maybe Iggy too.

I think Lebron will play alot at the 4..

agreed, as well as Durant (like he did last time in FIBA). Melo is for sure great in the FIBA game, his skillset is perfect for it, so I can't see leaving him out of the rotation at all.

Jint.
01-11-2012, 12:46 PM
my 12 man roster:

Paul - Rose
Kobe - Wade
Lebron - Durant - Melo
Love - Griffin
Howard - Chandler

last spot is tough between D Will and Aldridge, probally need another guard though..

pd1dish
01-11-2012, 12:54 PM
i like the roster. im sensing another gold medal in our future!

pd1dish
01-11-2012, 01:02 PM
Possibly the worst starting lineup for fiba play, not a single guy that can knock down the open jump shot consistently. For a game at the park that would be awesome with all the dunks but for fiba play that team could be as bad as the usa team that had iverson.

their defense would be unstoppable and we are going to be unstoppable anyways. we have the most athletic players and best defenders/size. Melo, Kobe, and Durant would help spread the floor and the threat of Lebron, Rose, and Westbrook are all big threats going to the basket and our PF's are great mid-range shooters. hell, in FIBA, Kevin Love, Aldridge, and Bosh all can hit the 3 pointers because they can all hit that deep jumper just inside NBA 3-point range. we have the most dominant players at all facets of the game. we are going to play great.

Hellcrooner
01-11-2012, 01:15 PM
The best TEAM that COach K can make with that players, to work as a REAL Cohesive team and winning the gold, instead of making it a collection of stars going their way with the risk of losing would be

Starters : Paul / Wade /Lebron / Durant/ Love
Bench : Rose / Gordon/ Igoudala/Melo / Chandler
+ Billups + Odom

Hustlenomics
01-11-2012, 01:19 PM
Rondo can't shoot and can't hit free throws, two things our PG's need to be able to do. This has been discussed before.

so westbrook and rose are good shooters now?

Hellcrooner
01-11-2012, 01:31 PM
Rubio COULDNT shoot ( until he aparently improved it this summer) and Is not good with FT, yet he has been a HUGHE part on spains succes this last few years.

Dont see why Rondo wouldnt fit.

Hawkeye15
01-11-2012, 02:04 PM

Rose is, yes. Westbrook is far from the liability Rondo is, but I don't think he belongs on the team either.

Hawkeye15
01-11-2012, 02:05 PM
Rubio COULDNT shoot ( until he aparently improved it this summer) and Is not good with FT, yet he has been a HUGHE part on spains succes this last few years.

anytime we have sent poor shooting PG's to FIBA play, they are exposed. No reason to send Rondo when you have a Rose, and then Curry or some other shooters to go with him.

Corey
01-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Best not debate with Huslenomics about Rondo...its pointless.

Hustlenomics
01-11-2012, 02:12 PM
Rose is, yes. Westbrook is far from the liability Rondo is, but I don't think he belongs on the team either.

Rose shoots 40% from 16-23 feet and westbrook is shooting 33% I wouldn't say they are shooters but they get hot at times and make nice dunks so I can see why people would think that

Hellcrooner
01-11-2012, 02:13 PM

Debate with me.

Im a Laker fan Rondo dresses in Green so.....................

D1JM
01-11-2012, 02:15 PM

I wish the opposite team would let rose be wide open to take a shot. Too bad he mostly has two guys guarding him all the time and contesting every shot.

Probably bad coaching. Maybe love helped him out during the lockout.

Howard is going to be on the floor. Everyone in Spain's team can shoot. You really think coach K is going to want rondo and Howard on the floor together when Spain is forcing them two to take a jumpshot?

GrapeSoda
01-11-2012, 02:17 PM
I would much rather give Rondo a shot than Billups/Odom

Hellcrooner
01-11-2012, 02:18 PM
I wish the opposite team would let rose be wide open to take a shot. Too bad he mostly has two guys guarding him all the time and contesting every shot.

Probably bad coaching. Maybe love helped him out during the lockout.

Howard is going to be on the floor. Everyone in Spain's team can shoot. You really think coach K is going to want rondo and Howard on the floor together when Spain is forcing them two to take a jumpshot?

Sergio rodriguez cant, Ibaka Cant, Fran Vazquez Cant ( consistently), Sada is mediocre at shooting.

Hustlenomics
01-11-2012, 02:20 PM

i just state facts

he does not get double teamed on every shot

PennyMy#1
01-11-2012, 02:22 PM
Team USA will be owned by Zimbabwe ! Book it.

Hellcrooner
01-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Anyway Usa, regardless of roster should win gold.

The only teams that hold a chance agains tit are

France 5%
Argentina 5%
Lithuania 2%
Greece 2%
Spain 10%

D1JM
01-11-2012, 02:27 PM
i just state facts

he does not get double teamed on every shot

Nah he doesnt. I just exaggerated a little, but he never gets those wide open shots like rondo does though

Hellcrooner
01-11-2012, 02:29 PM
In Fiba point guards are there to find the open man.

Rondo is the best american player in that regard.

Corey
01-11-2012, 02:33 PM
There isnt anything to debate. He can't consistently knock down an open jumper or convert his free throws. You need to do both in FIBA.

Hustlenomics
01-11-2012, 02:37 PM

we need point guards to chuck up 20 shots nowadays for some reason

Hellcrooner
01-11-2012, 02:38 PM
There isnt anything to debate. He can't consistently knock down an open jumper or convert his free throws. You need to do both in FIBA.

Rubio does neither, he is a key piece for spain, explain.

Kashmir13579
Steph Curry over Russell, imo. It should be clear why Rondo isn't on the roster.

mmilton017
Instantly connect to what's most important to you. Follow your friends,
experts, favorite celebrities, and breaking news.

Kashmir13579
01-11-2012, 02:40 PM

We have much better options than Spain.

Corey
01-11-2012, 02:41 PM

Simple, the USA is a lot deeper at point guard than Spain is.

Hustlenomics
01-11-2012, 02:47 PM

but you guys are saying Rondo isn't capable of being a key piece yet Rubio didn't do any of things rondo is being criticized for yet he played good against Team USA

john545455
01-11-2012, 02:49 PM
Bynum needs to be there hes top 3 center in the league. Dwight Howard and Bynum would be interesting to see on the floor at the same time. I think all our guards and shooting guards can penetrate so well power forward might not matter. Just penetrate and lob to our centers.

CTCUBBIES
01-11-2012, 02:49 PM

Maybe the Celtics need one since they are currently ranked 21st in scoring in the NBA.

stoopboy45
01-11-2012, 02:51 PM
I take Rondo all day over Westbrook. but that's my opinion.

That is a moot point because I don't see Westbrook making the final roster either!!!! With those guards I don't even see Billups making it.

Corey
01-11-2012, 02:53 PM

but you guys are saying Rondo isn't capable of being a key piece yet Rubio didn't do any of things rondo is being criticized for yet he played good against Team USA
Rondo isnt capable of being a key piece because there are better players available.

Corey
01-11-2012, 02:54 PM

Maybe the Celtics need one since they are currently ranked 21st in scoring in the NBA.
Boom

D1JM
01-11-2012, 02:54 PM

The for sure guys that are going to be there most likely Lebron, wade and Kobe could handle the ball handling.

stoopboy45
01-11-2012, 02:55 PM

I agree 100%!!! Can't compare the US to Spain in this regard.....it's not even fair to Spain.

Hellcrooner
01-11-2012, 02:56 PM
Rondo isnt capable of being a key piece because there are better players available.

Rubio is a key piece for spain, while many people woudl say Calderon is better and "fits" better the fiba game because he shoots jumper and FT.

So, nope thats not a good explanation.

Hustlenomics

he's averaging 15 relax

alencp3
Where is Harden?

beardown4243
01-11-2012, 02:59 PM
This would be my team...

CP3/Rose
Kobe/Wade/Ray Allen
Durant/Melo
Lebron/Aldridge/Griffin
DH/Love

I can see the argument where Rondo might be a good fit because you don't need your PG to be a scorer, but he can't shoot and CP3/Rose are completely capable of passing and playing defense at the same level as Rondo.

Hellcrooner
01-11-2012, 03:00 PM
This would be my team...

CP3/Rose
Kobe/Wade/Ray Allen
Durant/Melo
Lebron/Aldridge/Griffin
DH/Love

I can see the argument where Rondo might be a good fit because you don't need your PG to be a scorer, but he can't shoot and CP3/Rose are completely capable of passing and playing defense at the same level as Rondo.
Passing, maybe playing defense, no way.

smith&wesson
01-11-2012, 03:03 PM

chris paul > rondo.
drose > rondo
d.will even > rondo

paul and dwill can both pass. no way either of those guys are chuckers.

Hellcrooner
01-11-2012, 03:05 PM
chris paul > rondo.
drose > rondo
d.will even > rondo

paul and dwill can both pass. no way either of those guys are chuckers.

Not in my definition of what a PG is.
And in fiba game Pg are still PG not Chuking guards.

Specially when you got OTHER dudes to take the scoring role ( durant, Kobe, Lebron, Anthony etc).

Hustlenomics
01-11-2012, 03:06 PM
deron williams is shooting a consistent 34% from the field this season

ramz.n
01-11-2012, 03:07 PM
LaMarcus Aldridge
Carmelo Anthony
Kobe Bryant
Kevin Durant
Blake Griffin
Dwight Howard
LeBron James
Kevin Love
Chris Paul
Derrick Rose
Dwyane Wade
Deron Williams

^ I could see that being the team.

paul/rose/ williams
kobe/wade
james/anthony/durant
griffin/aldridge
howard/love

D1JM
01-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Not in my definition of what a PG is.
And in fiba game Pg are still PG not Chuking guards.

Specially when you got OTHER dudes to take the scoring role ( durant, Kobe, Lebron, Anthony etc).

too bad coach K expects his PG to do more than just pass. Maybe you should email him or email the FO of the celtic why they want to trade rondo.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-11-2012, 03:23 PM
C-Howard, Bosh
PF-Griffin, Carmelo
SF-Lebron, Durant, Iguodala
SG-Kobe, Wade, Rose
PG-Paul, Williams

Corey
01-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Rubio is a key piece for spain, while many people woudl say Calderon is better and "fits" better the fiba game because he shoots jumper and FT.

So, nope thats not a good explanation.

Good for Rubio and Spain.

USA is a completely different team, with a completely different makeup, with completely different players.

You're comparing Rubio's role on Spain to a completely different scenario.

Oh, and just a hunch....But I believe Coach K might be a LITTLE BIT more informed on which players are the best fit for team USA than you are.

Hellcrooner
01-11-2012, 03:39 PM
Good for Rubio and Spain.

USA is a completely different team, with a completely different makeup, with completely different players.

You're comparing Rubio's role on Spain to a completely different scenario.

Oh, and just a hunch....But I believe Coach K might be a LITTLE BIT more informed on which players are the best fit for team USA than you are.

I believe coach K decision is not based on talent but personality, if i dont remember badly there were some problems with him in that regard the last time around.

Corey
01-11-2012, 03:46 PM
There have been problems with Rondo's personality since high school.

Either way, he didn't make it because there are better options available.

Ebbs
01-11-2012, 03:46 PM
4/5: Howard, Griffin, Love, Bosh
3: LeBron, Durant, Melo
2: Kobe, Wade
1: Rose, Paul, Ellis (assuming he is american.)

Corey
01-11-2012, 03:57 PM
4/5: Howard, Griffin, Love, Bosh
3: LeBron, Durant, Melo
2: Kobe, Wade
1: Rose, Paul, Ellis (assuming he is american.)

No Aldridge?

justinnum1
01-11-2012, 04:08 PM
bosh is on it, he played really well in beijing

Mikeleafs
01-11-2012, 04:10 PM
C Dwight Howard LaMarcus Aldridge
PF Blake Griffin Chris Bosh
SF LeBron James Kevin Durant Carmelo Anthony
SG Dwyane Wade Kobe Bryant
G Deron Williams Derrick Rose Chris Paul

Hawkeye15
01-11-2012, 04:14 PM
There have been problems with Rondo's personality since high school.

Either way, he didn't make it because there are better options available.

pretty much.

jmoney85
01-11-2012, 04:21 PM
its gonna be lob city in london... but seriously does anybody know how any other roster will look like... canada? austrailia?

sp1derm00
01-11-2012, 04:22 PM
A boss lineup would be:

-Wade
-Kobe
-Lebron
-Durant
-Howard

Let LBJ play the point.

That lineup would be ridiculous.

The other team should just forfeit upon seeing that lineup, because you're basically able to start the 5 best players in the world, in one lineup and it will probably work.

TheRunKiller
01-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Just give USA the gold right now. that team is sick

sp1derm00
01-11-2012, 04:25 PM
I know Curry isn't on that list and neither is Ray Allen but....

Curry
Allen
Durant
Love
Howard

IMO, that would be DEADLY in international play.

Hellcrooner
01-11-2012, 04:42 PM
Just give USA the gold right now. that team is sick

Not so quick.

they have had the better roster on the paper in every competition since 1992.
It hasnt been all golds .

Hawkeye15
01-11-2012, 04:45 PM
Not so quick.

they have had the better roster on the paper in every competition since 1992.
It hasnt been all golds .

very true.

shep33
01-11-2012, 04:47 PM
That lineup would be ridiculous.

The other team should just forfeit upon seeing that lineup, because you're basically able to start the 5 best players in the world, in one lineup and it will probably work.

I could actually see that lineup working really well too...

Wade
Kobe
Lebron
Durant
Howard

Having LBJ run the point, Kobe converting to a lockdown defender again, Wade doing everything, Durant scoring at will, and Howard controlling the boards and paint.... pretty damn scary right there, especially defensively.

Bringing Melo, Bosh, Rose, Love/Griffin, Deron, etc. off the bench too... wowzers. I wonder who the backup big will be? Aldridge or Chandler maybe?

DubiousCustomer
01-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Despite Howard's size, the more I think about the FIBA game the more I want Love in at center all the time. Sure Howard will be good to have on the team for specific situations, but Love gives you enough defense and rebounding plus the option is there to shoot from the outside. With Howard in they will just swarm and foul him whenever he touches the ball. I can see him getting frustrated and playing poorly under the circumstances.

shep33
01-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Despite Howard's size, the more I think about the FIBA game the more I want Love in at center all the time. Sure Howard will be good to have on the team for specific situations, but Love gives you enough defense and rebounding plus the option is there to shoot from the outside. With Howard in they will just swarm and foul him whenever he touches the ball. I can see him getting frustrated and playing poorly under the circumstances.

See I think we need Howard desperately because of his shot blocking presence. But I understand your point

Ill21
01-11-2012, 05:31 PM
Rondo> Westbrook

shep33
01-11-2012, 05:34 PM
Rondo> Westbrook

Don't think either of those guys get many minutes if one made it anyways. Dwill + CP3 + Rose are the guys

Hellcrooner
01-11-2012, 05:38 PM
Howard underperformed in 08, Love and Chandler are btter for fiba game, but not sure if K will have the balls to snub him

todu82
01-11-2012, 08:20 PM
That looks like a gold medal lineup once again. Let's see if they play like a gold medal team this time.

Taimla
01-11-2012, 08:51 PM
the ones who say Bosh don't make it are idiots. (btw I'm ''heat hater'')

Bosh will make it 100%, there is no chance he won't make it.
There is only one open spot

Paul/Rose/Deron
Kobe/Wade
James/Durant
Anthony/Griffin
Dwight/Bosh

I think it's Love becose of the lack of frontline.

theheatles
01-11-2012, 10:31 PM
there is a 0% chance rose starts

Chris Paul/ Deron Williams/ Derrick Rose
Kobe Bryant/ Dwyane Wade/ Andre Iguodala
LeBron James/ Kevin Durant/ Carmelo Anthony
LaMarcus Aldridge/ Kevin Love/ Chris Bosh
Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler/ Blake Griffin

kobebabe
01-11-2012, 10:52 PM
LO, Bosh and Billups will be cut
Starting line-up
CP3
Kobe
Dwight
James
Durant

Pretty sick IMO

kobebabe
01-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Do we still have coach K?

ne3xchamps
01-11-2012, 11:18 PM
Holy **** have some point guards!! :laugh2:

NBA-GMaster
LeBron, Howard, Durant, Kobe and Paul would be starters

bench: Rose, Deron, Wade, Melo, Griffin, Bosh and Love

LAKobeBryant
I def see odom getting cut and maybe Westbrook. Sad too odom was great last time he played international ball.

nah they get guarantee spots because they won that last international tournament lol forgot what its called

jrm2054
01-11-2012, 11:54 PM
Why Billups i dont see him making it everyone else ya

smiddy012
01-12-2012, 12:05 AM
There are 20+ rosters people posted with CP3 as the starting SG...

And a total of 3 for DRose...

Wow I knew the main was ******** but JC... this is ignorant.

Bar injury, Rose will start for the national team after he continually owns CP3 in practice - mark my words.

And if you honestly believe Rose is not a good to very good shooter, you haven't seen him play this or last season. There isn't a PG in the league who is anywhere near the 4th quarter PG DRose is btw.