PDA

View Full Version : Jumpsoles?

Dolfan305
01-10-2012, 09:09 PM
I'm not sure if this belongs in this forum, but I don't know where else to ask it so... do Jumpsoles really work? Have any of you bought them, and if so, did you see any results? I looked them up on line and I've seen alot of mixed reviews, so if you've had the jumpsoles, what's your take on them?

lpdunks8
01-10-2012, 09:13 PM
I'm not sure if this belongs in this forum, but I don't know where else to ask it so... do Jumpsoles really work? Have any of you bought them, and if so, did you see any results? I looked them up on line and I've seen alot of mixed reviews, so if you've had the jumpsoles, what's your take on them?

Are you looking to strengthen your calf/achilles area, or are you looking to jump higher?

The calf complex plays a small % of the part when it comes to leaping. Most power comes from the hips followed by quads/back (with great technique).

Your best bet to help with your vert is find a gym that has bumper plates and get to work on Olympic lifts.

If you are looking to strengthen your calf complex only, jumpsoles are pretty good.

John Walls Era
01-10-2012, 09:13 PM
Probably increases Calf Muscles. Nothing special, but it should work.

xxplayerxx23
01-10-2012, 09:15 PM
I have had them they do work, strengthens Your calf muscles, and eventually helps your jumping abilty, It takes a while but I now can dunk on a 9.5 hoop when I used to barley get up on 9

Knicks21
01-10-2012, 09:19 PM
jumpsoles force you to have your heals of the ground, putting more strain on your calfs. It takes a while, and does get quite painful but it eventually works.

Dolfan305
01-10-2012, 09:22 PM
I already work out at the gym on my quads, calves, core etc. I thought the jumpsoles would just be a little something extra, just wondering if it's worth the buy.

Dolfan305
01-10-2012, 09:23 PM
I can already dunk because of how my height and how long I am, but my vert is pretty average at best. I want to get more explosive

lmeas11
01-10-2012, 09:36 PM
Yeah they do work. I'm only 5'4 and I used them to get up higher. In high school I was able to jump pretty high for a small dude, but once I tried the soles, I was able to touch a 10 foot rim.

Just touch not grab or dip or anything. Haha.

But the soles helped me with my quickness and hangtime. I was best at little man dunking haha.

Little man dunking is when you layup and slap board, if any one didn't know.

But yeah they do work, you just gotta stick with the workout and take the pain.

GrapeSoda
01-10-2012, 09:55 PM
Yes they do help, I used a similar product if not the Jumpsoles themselves back oh I wanna say like 8 years ago .. I am 5'9 and I could eventually dunk .. before I could only grab rim an inch or so with my fingertips. Its tough though, you will get sore muscles that you didn't even know existed, exhausting but worth it in the long run if your serious and dedicated.

Dolfan305
01-10-2012, 10:13 PM
I used have have a 35" standing vertical back when I was a senior in highschool, but a tore my ACL a few years ago and my lift has never been the same. I can get pretty high on the move but I just can't get up on a stand still. So if the jumpsoles work that'll be great, ordering them right now. How long does it normally take until you get some results?

imagesrdecievin
01-10-2012, 10:19 PM
I used the strength shoes years ago - similar product - and had great results. More important than jumping higher - I found myself jumping "quicker". It also greatly improved my lateral movement and defense.

You have to follow the program diligently and give it about a month before the dividends start to pay off.

danzaqk
01-10-2012, 10:40 PM
Probably increases Calf Muscles. Nothing special, but it should work.

so,i agree.http://www.collegefun4u.com/track.php?u=2

s3antana5757
01-10-2012, 11:12 PM
Calf muscles have little to nothing to do with jumping, just how quickly you jump. The muscles you want to improve are the hamstrings. Go to the gym, do some jump squats, and you'll be jumping like a monster in about a month.

Hester23Jordan
01-10-2012, 11:46 PM
As a 5'9 white kid, I did track in high school and I specialized in Long and high jump. As a freshman and sophomore I was decent but not great. My Junior year they had me use the Jump Soles a lot during plyos and jumping workouts. I ended up being a state qualifier and did fairly well my last two years. I was very close to dunking but my hands were too small to get a good grip on the ball so I could only dunk like a womens ball.

I think the Jump Soles do help, but not to the point of where they are necessary. Do a lot of squats, lunges, and jumping exercises. Make sure you heat and ice your legs as well. That will be your best bet.

tr3ymill3r
01-10-2012, 11:59 PM
I used jumpsoles when I was in high school. I'm 5'11" and WHITE, at the end of my sophomore year I could touch the bottom of the rim on a good day. I used jumpsoles almost everyday, which you aren't supposed too, followed the workout it came with and could dunk at the beginning of my junior year. You will strengthen your ankles, hamstrings, quads, and calves. If you just follow the workout routine, drink a lot of water, and maybe even take a protein shake or supplements you will see huge results.

Dolfan305
01-11-2012, 12:54 AM
Just a little advice, since we're on the subject of jumping. a surprising amount of people may not know this, flexibility is a key to being able to jump higher. When you think jumping, it's your calves, quads etc. but being more limber and flexible can do wonders. Just basic stretching 15 minutes a day can really help. Also, a strong core is a factor in attaining your maximum leaping ability. Just a bunch of crunches, push ups etc.

lmeas11
01-11-2012, 11:22 AM
I used have have a 35" standing vertical back when I was a senior in highschool, but a tore my ACL a few years ago and my lift has never been the same. I can get pretty high on the move but I just can't get up on a stand still. So if the jumpsoles work that'll be great, ordering them right now. How long does it normally take until you get some results?

For me, I saw results as soon as 1 week.

I did like 30 mins Mon-Fri and then came Saturday, I went out to ball and man....

Jumping was fun. I started blocking shots I normally wouldn't get.

Even though you get sore working out with them, I just went with it.

To me, no pain no gain right? Haha.

You don't have to order them online, your local Big 5 store should have them. Just call. That's how I got mine. It's like 80-90 dollars? But you won't need to pay for shipping.

pacofunk64
01-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Damn...this is gonna date me a little but I had these things when they first came out...**** it's been about 15 years ago when I was in 10th grade. I loved them and I seriously thought they helped. I would jump rope, do vertical jumps at the hoop, run, and whatever. It's not the sole component to a great vertical but it will also help you get quicker feet and more explosiveness. Good luck!

Numbers: 6'2" approx vertical of 32"-35" (senior year of course). I wasn't the greatest scorer in high school about 10ppg but I was a good defender and rebounder.
Numbers now: same but vertical is probably 22" :) That might be pushing it, lol

Dolfan305
01-11-2012, 12:56 PM
For me, I saw results as soon as 1 week.

I did like 30 mins Mon-Fri and then came Saturday, I went out to ball and man....

Jumping was fun. I started blocking shots I normally wouldn't get.

Even though you get sore working out with them, I just went with it.

To me, no pain no gain right? Haha.

You don't have to order them online, your local Big 5 store should have them. Just call. That's how I got mine. It's like 80-90 dollars? But you won't need to pay for shipping.

I found them on craigslist for 35$. Picking them up tonight.

theLgndKllr35
01-11-2012, 01:12 PM
I'd try Air Attack before Jumpsoles. I had Jumpsoles, and while they did strengthen my calf, my jumping didn't drastically improve.