PDA

View Full Version : Can the 76ers win it in the East ?

Slimsim
01-10-2012, 08:13 PM
Thoughts ?

Sixerlover
01-10-2012, 08:14 PM
NOOOO!

Keep the Sixers threads off the main forum. Somebody close this :cry:

ChaseHamels
01-10-2012, 08:17 PM
Thoughts ?

Thanks for this thread. I really appreciate it.

xxplayerxx23
01-10-2012, 08:18 PM
NOOOO!

Keep the Sixers threads off the main forum. Somebody close this :cry:

Why its a lot of respect even too ask this question

GrapeSoda
01-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Can they? Absolutely
Will they? Highly unlikely but they have been playing great team basketball this year, love their bench. Still wish they drafted Cousins instead of Turner though :shrug:

Hawkeye15
01-10-2012, 08:22 PM
I give it a 20% chance of them winning the east. Hawes can not possibly continue his play, completely blowing up. They do have the depth needed for this packed season, but I think they finish 3rd seed.

Monta is beast
01-10-2012, 08:22 PM
I don't think they will, but they have a shot. They have allot of depth on that team, and that going to be a huge advantage this season.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-10-2012, 08:24 PM
5 game win streak and a thread pops up already smh...

GThawks
01-10-2012, 08:24 PM
I give it a 20% chance of them winning the east. Hawes can not possibly continue his play, completely blowing up. They do have the depth needed for this packed season, but I think they finish 3rd seed.

Would be shocked if they finished 3rd. Give me Heat, Hawks, Bulls, Celtics and possibly Knicks over them.

Sixerlover
01-10-2012, 08:30 PM
Would be shocked if they finished 3rd. Give me Heat, Hawks, Bulls, Celtics and possibly Knicks over them.

Why is that? Philly is a much better defensive team and deeper than all 3 of those squads.

Honestly, I'd rather play the underappreciated role, but I like the love being shown everywhere today. I said prior to the year a 3rd or 4th seed and a first round series win for this squad. That's great for a team full of 23 year olds or younger + Iguodala + Brand

DITKA4GOV
01-10-2012, 08:32 PM
Yes, they can win. Only if the Nba moves the heat magic and bulls into the west.

NYtilIdie
01-10-2012, 08:34 PM
It would be a nice story, but I doubt it.

Hawkeye15

the Sixers depth and defense will give them a chance in this shortened season to have a higher winning percentage than an 82 game season would dictate though. Denver of the east imo.

GThawks
Why is that? Philly is a much better defensive team and deeper than all 3 of those squads.

Honestly, I'd rather play the underappreciated role, but I like the love being shown everywhere today. I said prior to the year a 3rd or 4th seed and a first round series win for this squad. That's great for a team full of 23 year olds or younger + Iguodala + Brand

Don't think the 76ers are MUCH better defensively or deeper that the Hawks. You have played well but like to see how you against some of the top teams in the NBA. Hawks/76ers should be a good game next friday.

GThawks
01-10-2012, 08:35 PM
yes, they can win. Only if the nba moves the heat hawks and bulls into the west.

fify

llemon
01-10-2012, 08:37 PM
I'd be very, very, very very surprised. But it's possible.

I'd like to know what Vegas odds on Sixers making the Finals, and on winning the Title are.

PhillyFaninLA
01-10-2012, 08:38 PM
In the main prediction topic I had the Sixers at 46 - 20 may have been over zealous but I predicted it so I'll stand by it. The Celtics don't seem to be as good as I thought and the Knicks we'll see if they can put it together and be the team I thought they would, I see no reason the Sixers can't.

edit:

I meant I think they can win the division. I'm not sure about the conference.

Iodine
01-10-2012, 08:38 PM
the Sixers depth and defense will give them a chance in this shortened season to have a higher winning percentage than an 82 game season would dictate though. Denver of the east imo.

If you flipped mentalities on D and O pretty much lol.

justinnum1
01-10-2012, 08:43 PM
They lost to the heat in 5 last season. and i dont see them winning more than 2 agasint the heat...so no.

Fnom11
01-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Do you really think this team is better than the Bulls/Heat? With Wade hurt/not playing they still managed to beat the Celtics Hawks Pacers Dallas....

oak2455
01-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Moses Malone and Dr. J now those are your Daddies Sixers:clap:

bovice163
01-10-2012, 08:48 PM
They have a very well rounded, and extremely well coached team, but I really don't see them getting past the Heat or the Bulls. I think they'll definitely make a ton of noise, but we'll have to see how they fare a little later in the season, it's too early to make this kind of assumption.

oak2455
01-10-2012, 08:48 PM
The Heat are the Best(non champs) only problem, they have Mr. No 4th Quarter:D

smith&wesson
01-10-2012, 08:49 PM
i like jru, loius, iggy, & thad young. they have a nice core of young players. they may not be good enough to contend with miami but they have a chance. they are a good young team.

oak2455
01-10-2012, 08:50 PM
i like jru, loius, iggy, & thad young. they have a nice core of young players. they may not be good enough to contend with miami but they have a chance. they are a good young team.

I agree with this, plus you never know .....this is why you play the games

Slimsim
01-10-2012, 08:53 PM
Big thaddeus fan and i think Sixers are the 3rd best team behind Miami and Chicago. And their nice and young with fresh legs

billsftw
01-10-2012, 08:59 PM
The Heat are the Best(non champs) only problem, they have Mr. No 4th Quater:D

the knicks are 6-4...

SB75
01-10-2012, 09:03 PM
10%......

The Heat, Bulls, and Hawks are all better teams. Philly has played very well!

Sixerlover
Waiting for the tipoff Join Date: Jul 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by GThawks

Deeper than the Hawks? I doubt that! The Hawks are going 10 deep right now without Kirk. So when Kirk comes back from injury they will have the luxry of making a move or 2 to get better and not have to worry about depth.

WHen bringing up what Philly has done defensively, you have to remember who they have played and who they have Beaten. Philly has only played 8 games as of now ( 2 less than Atlanta) and they have yet to play Miami or Chi. In fact they have only beaten one team above .500 (IND) and one team at .500 (PHX). So the schedual has been kind to them. But they are off to a great start!

Slimsim
01-10-2012, 09:05 PM
the knicks are 6-4...

5-4

Sixerlover
01-10-2012, 09:05 PM
10%......

The Heat, Bulls, and Hawks are all better teams. Philly has played very well!

Deeper than the Hawks? I doubt that! The Hawks are going 10 deep right now without Kirk. So when Kirk comes back from injury they will have the luxry of making a move or 2 to get better and not have to worry about depth.

Never said the Hawks weren't a deep team, but seeing how the sixers have the best bench in the league and have 3 guys that would be starters on many teams (Lou, Thad and Turner) I think they're deeper than the Hawks as well.

oak2455
01-10-2012, 09:06 PM
the knicks are 6-4...

OK and that mean Mr No 4th Quarter is different now.....lol .....makes sense

Iodine
01-10-2012, 09:07 PM
OK and that mean Mr No 4th Quarter is different now.....lol .....makes sense

Did Wade die?

BklynKnicks3
01-10-2012, 09:08 PM
i say they finish 6th

oak2455
Did Wade die?

but LBJ is who I'm talking about:o

5ass
Did Wade die?

no man he's still alive, he's just been injured thats why he's not been playing recently.

Dolfan305
01-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Give me a break. They have been playing great lately but guys like Spencer Hawes will not keep it up. I guarantee they will cool off and fall down to earth. i se them as a 5th seed and going to the 2nd round at best.

Iodine
01-10-2012, 09:11 PM
no man he's still alive, he's just been injured thats why he's not been playing recently.

I know lol

SB75
01-10-2012, 09:15 PM
Big thaddeus fan and i think Sixers are the 3rd best team behind Miami and Chicago. And their nice and young with fresh legs

And the dissrespect of the Hawks continue's.......:mad:

SB75
01-10-2012, 09:24 PM
Never said the Hawks weren't a deep team, but seeing how the sixers have the best bench in the league and have 3 guys that would be starters on many teams (Lou, Thad and Turner) I think they're deeper than the Hawks as well.

And like I said, I doubt that! But you do have a good bench! I just think the Hawks bench has more exp and a better understanding of their role to the team. So when Kirk comes back, I think they will have the best bench in the NBA.

Slimsim
01-10-2012, 09:25 PM

Yes because your team is the definition of inconsistent

Sixerlover
01-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Big test tomorrow vs the Knicks. Already up 20 on the Kings in the 3rd quarter. Hopefully some of our key players get rest

Slimsim
01-10-2012, 09:30 PM
Big test tomorrow vs the Knicks. Already up 20 on the Kings in the 3rd quarter. Hopefully some of our key players get rest

I just hope we we don't get blown out to be honest

PhillyFaninLA

Saying that other teams are ranked top 3 in the league is not being disrespectful to your team.

Being disrespectful would be saying they will end up worse then the Wizards (sorry Wizards fan using this to make a point) this year.

Talking positively about one thing does not mean everything else is the opposite.

XpLiCiTT

Gonna be tough on 3 straight gamedays and then travelin to NY, if we get the W tomorrow id be real impressed. Sixers are nutting all over the Kings right now I think i'm in love..(and no i dont care if the Kings aren't a contender, if you're watching the game the Sixers are playing great)

kswissdaf
01-10-2012, 09:31 PM

Dont want to offend you but the hawks are going nowhere there your typical average team that every year isnt good enough to contend but not bad enough to rebuild , to be honest I would try to blow that team up and start over

SB75
01-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Yes because your team is the definition of inconsistent

But you don't know if you are or not. You have only beaten 1 above .500 team. Stop listening to that drunk Charles Barkley! One bad game against the Heat reserves does not cancel out a good win vs a healthy Heat team or 2 great games vs. Chi. going 2 and 2 against the 2 top teams in the eat in a week and a half is a win!

The Ooh Child
01-10-2012, 09:34 PM
I love this team, but we're in the tier behind the contenders. But we have a good team, and I expect we will just keep getting better

weststar11
01-10-2012, 09:35 PM
Do you really think this team is better than the Bulls/Heat? With Wade hurt/not playing they still managed to beat the Celtics Hawks Pacers Dallas....

Yes while we did lose to the Heat in 5, we were in every game untill the last few seconds. Only one game did we deserve too lose. That series could have easily been switched to where we win in 5.

No I dont think we will win the conference this year. I think a 3, or 4 seed is very likely. Give this team some time too grow, and mature together.. I'm telling you, in a year or so ( maybe even this year ? ) we'll be giving the Heat, and Bulls hell.

SB75
01-10-2012, 09:35 PM
Dont want to offend you but the hawks are going nowhere there your typical average team that every year isnt good enough to contend but not bad enough to rebuild , to be honest I would try to blow that team up and start over

Where you offended when we beat your healthy MIAMI team? (JK)

But seriously, the Sxiers are not a better team than the Hawks. And what you just said descibes about 26 of the 30 NBA teams.

Jint.
01-10-2012, 09:36 PM
no

weststar11
01-10-2012, 09:38 PM

I agree with that. First, if I were the GM, I'd try and make a splash via trade or FA.. If that doesnt work, rebuild. They make some noise each year, but their never a threat.

Fnom11
Yes while we did lose to the Heat in 5, we were in every game untill the last few seconds. Only one game did we deserve too lose. That series could have easily been switched to where we win in 5.

No I dont think we will win the conference this year. I think a 3, or 4 seed is very likely. Give this team some time too grow, and mature together.. I'm telling you, in a year or so ( maybe even this year ? ) we'll be giving the Heat, and Bulls hell.

My mind is so full of fvk

kswissdaf
Where you offended when we beat your healthy MIAMI team?

Your kind of proving my point, be honest do you really think that game 5 or 6 in the regular season really matters. Its just my opinion but there is zero percent chance this current core of the hawks team can compete for a title, maybe if you guys added a true superstar then you guys could win it

Nycbball08
01-10-2012, 09:42 PM
Win the east?..is this a joke?..

XpLiCiTT
01-10-2012, 09:44 PM
Sixers will be the first team to win the NBA Finals without the help of a mascot.

SB75
01-10-2012, 09:44 PM
Your kind of proving my point, be honest do you really think that game 5 or 6 in the regular season really matters. Its just my opinion by there is zero percent chance this current core of the hawks team can compete for a title, maybe if you guys added a true superstar then you guys could win it

Now that's just arrogant!

To be honest, I picked Miami to win it all. LBJ fan, what can I say. But to say that the game didn't matter is just pissy arrogance and bad sportsmanship. Miami tried to win the game and tried hard. So yes the game did matter! Cut that out man, you're going to ruin a good debate!

5ass
01-10-2012, 09:46 PM
I know lol

i know, it was a joke. lol

utl768
01-10-2012, 09:47 PM
they might win a series in the playoffs but thats about it

kswissdaf
01-10-2012, 09:48 PM
Now that's just arrogant!

To be honest, I picked Miami to win it all. LBJ fan, what can I say. But to say that the game didn't matter is just pissy arrogance and bad sportsmanship. Miami tried to win the game and tried hard. So yes the game did matter! Cut that out man, you're going to ruin a good debate!

Cmon dude do really think both teams were going all out...anyways it really doesn't matter, but answer this question can this current hawks team win a nba championship

EaglesJackson10
01-10-2012, 09:51 PM
I loved how I got laughed at when I said the Sixers were better than the Knicks in the preseason. Now people think they have a shot in the east. For the record I don't but this is a very good team. I don't think they can beat the Heat or Bulls in a playoff series but I think they're the third best team in the East. Can't wait to see them play Atlanta and Miami.

SB75
01-10-2012, 09:55 PM
Cmon dude do really think both teams were going all out...anyways it really doesn't matter, but answer this question can this current hawks team win a nba championship

Dude!..... There's that arrogance again! Did you watch the game? If you did you would have seen the fustration LBJ and Wade showed durring the game. So yes, they went all out as they do every night, it's what makes them great players. The thought that you are trying to push across that they can't be beat when they go all out is just terrible ( Charlse Barkley voice). The Hawks match-up very well with Miami and Chi when all are healthy. However we don't match-up well with the 76ers. Still hoping for a trade for Howard so I won't answer that question!

kswissdaf
01-10-2012, 10:00 PM
Dude!..... There's that arrogance again! Did you watch the game? If you did you would have seen the fustration LBJ and Wade showed durring the game. So yes, they went all out as they do every night, it's what makes them great players. The thought that you are trying to push across that they can't be beat when they go all out is just terrible ( Charlse Barkley voice). The Hawks match-up very well with Miami and Chi when all are healthy. However we don't match-up well with the 76ers. Still hoping for a trade for Howard so I won't answer that question!

:clap: I win lol

SB75
01-10-2012, 10:02 PM
:clap: I win lol

No you don't! It wasn't about if we could win a championship. Just what our place was in the east and your arrogance on trying to down play our win. So no sir you loose again!

seikou8
01-10-2012, 10:02 PM

its a regular season game dude once the playoffs start its oneand done or second round then gone like every year there built for the regular season not playoffs. they dont have a true superstar that what they need.

seikou8
01-10-2012, 10:05 PM
No you don't! It wasn't about if we could win a championship. Just what our place was in the east and your arrogance on trying to down play our win. So no sir you loose again!

one win and in the regular season ,the heat beat the hawks too without lbj and dwade so whats your argument

SB75
01-10-2012, 10:08 PM
its a regular season game dude once the playoffs start its oneand done or second round then gone like every year there built for the regular season not playoffs. they dont have a true superstar that what they need.

Still trying to say it doesn't matter is BS! Again our debate is not about if the Hawks are going to win a championship this year. But I would like our chances if we Chi in the 2nd round to get to the Eastern conf finnals. As teams are presently constructed!

I don't dissagree we need a superstar. Never denied that.

SB75
01-10-2012, 10:09 PM
one win and in the regular season ,the heat beat the hawks too without lbj and dwade so whats your argument

We also beat Chi! Point is we have beat good teams! Our record is not fluff. After Philly plays thoes teams 4 times, let's see what their record is then.

meloman1592
01-10-2012, 10:10 PM
They're like an east version of denver...they'll be solid in the regular season and face a 1st round exit when the game pace slows down. They don't have a true go to guy

CousinsEvansDUO
01-10-2012, 10:11 PM
Wow why are the sixers fans acting like the sixers are good? Kings don't have thornton who is our best scorer, and we don't have hayes who is our best defender. When two of your starters are missing the whole chemistry of the team is messed up. Stop acting like this win for you is deserving because it's not. Not only are the kings a young team, we just got a new coach who is changing the teams whole offensive mindset, plus the injuries from thornton and hayes= too much change in too little time. There is no way that the sixers are beating bulls or heat.

XpLiCiTT
01-10-2012, 10:11 PM
They're like an east version of denver...they'll be solid in the regular season and face a 1st round exit when the game pace slows down. They don't have a true go to guy

You don't need a go to guy with the overall team chemistry, speed, and defense of this team...that is to get past the first round.

Sixerlover
01-10-2012, 10:13 PM
I just don't think the kings can lose this game. Essentially the sixers are a more experienced team than the kings with less talent and less potential. With the superb defense that tyreke has been playing sixers back-court won't really amount to much scoring and elton brand...lol...will not be doing anything while cousins is out there. Salmons is terrible though and might allow iggy to get unfair, ridiculously lucky and unfair easy points which shouldn't happen..but if we move tyreke to the 3 and jimmer and thornton at the 1-2, we just won't lose. Plus this is tyreke's hometown, and he will sure to entice the Philly crowd with his unreal performance..I'm thinking something like 35-8-8 for tyreke tonight. The last two games he's been getting better and better as an all-around player, this will be the night.

Wow why are the sixers fans acting like the sixers are good? Kings don't have thornton who is our best scorer, and we don't have hayes who is our best defender. When two of your starters are missing the whole chemistry of the team is messed up. Stop acting like this win for you is deserving because it's not. Not only are the kings a young team, we just got a new coach who is changing the teams whole offensive mindset, plus the injuries from thornton and hayes= too much change in too little time. There is no way that the sixers are beating bulls or heat.

:up:

ChaseHamels
01-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Why do so many people on this site mistake "lose" with "loose"?

It's not that difficult everyone.

GThawks
01-10-2012, 10:16 PM

Still pissed about that game. If we hit are free throws in the 4th against Miami and Chicago we'd be 9-1 right now. :mad:

Dark Donnie
01-10-2012, 10:18 PM

First, the thread was started by a Knicks fan... Second, Sixers are a much much better team then The Kings....with or without Thorton.

PhillyFaninLA
01-10-2012, 10:24 PM

A few things you need to know:

The Kings are not better then

- the 90's Bulls
- the 80's Lakers or Celtics
- the late 70's early 80's Sixers
- 3/4 of the league now

Cousins is not better then Wilt.
Jimmer is not a better 3 point shooter then Reggie Miller.
Evans is not better then Stockton.

ChaseHamels
01-10-2012, 10:29 PM

The Sixers may be a few years away from legit contenders... but buddy your Kings are a LONG ways off.

BallIsAll
01-10-2012, 10:31 PM
Over heat bulls and maybe even the Knicks if they get it together ? Nahh they might have hc in the playoffs tho

Iodine
01-10-2012, 10:34 PM
I know Sixer already did it buuuut

I just don't think the kings can lose this game. Essentially the sixers are a more experienced team than the kings with less talent and less potential. With the superb defense that tyreke has been playing sixers back-court won't really amount to much scoring and elton brand...lol...will not be doing anything while cousins is out there. Salmons is terrible though and might allow iggy to get unfair, ridiculously lucky and unfair easy points which shouldn't happen..but if we move tyreke to the 3 and jimmer and thornton at the 1-2, we just won't lose. Plus this is tyreke's hometown, and he will sure to entice the Philly crowd with his unreal performance..I'm thinking something like 35-8-8 for tyreke tonight. The last two games he's been getting better and better as an all-around player, this will be the night.

The Ooh Child
01-10-2012, 10:37 PM
You guys are taking that Kings fan to Clown Town

ChaseHamels
01-10-2012, 10:41 PM
Brand goes for 21 points and 10 Rebounds. Yup Cousins locked him down.

Oh and he only played for half the game.

Rain 816
01-10-2012, 10:53 PM
The sixers beat 1 team wit a record over .500 and suddenly they r east contenders??? Seriously????

BADizzleBoY
01-10-2012, 10:56 PM
note: This reflects a small portion of our fan base, true sixer fans love the underdog role and don't care what others think

xbrackattackx
01-10-2012, 10:58 PM
Cousinsevansduo may or may not haves just had roid rage.

xbrackattackx
01-10-2012, 10:59 PM
note: This reflects a small portion of our fan base, true sixer fans love the underdog role and don't care what others think

Dude,all sixers fans have been cool and no one negative. Why this post?

XpLiCiTT
01-10-2012, 10:59 PM
The sixers beat 1 team wit a record over .500 and suddenly they r east contenders??? Seriously????

(note: I never said we can win the East)

This thread wasn't even started by a Sixers fan. And also, have you watched the Sixers play, or are you just one of those guys thats going to go to ESPN.com and check their schedule to see they haven't played a "contender" and then write them off?

BADizzleBoY
01-10-2012, 11:00 PM
Dude,all sixers fans have been cool and no one negative. Why this post?

That's why

SeoulBeatz
01-10-2012, 11:00 PM
sorry double post, that was wierd.

BADizzleBoY
01-10-2012, 11:02 PM
Sixers are for real there is no denying that. Will we win the east? Hell to the no. Not with the Heat. Will we make noise in the playoffs? Believe it.

pd7631
01-10-2012, 11:06 PM
I just want to beat the Knicks tomorrow, love this team though and we're becoming relevant again

KKell2507
01-10-2012, 11:06 PM

Its not they are beating average teams, its that their completely destroying them. And the argument that they havent played anyone is valid, however looking at some other east contenders theyre schedule isnt as bad as it seems.

Sixers are 19th in SOS(strength of schedule) so far on the year.
Heat are 20th
Pacers are 24th
Magic are 25th
Celtics are 28th
Knicks are 30th

even the hawks are only at 17th, two spots ahead of them.

bulls are the only team that are significantly higher than them in SOS at 11th.

and maybe there wins dont look so great on paper, but watching them with the eye, they are destroying teams. theyve won by 8, 10, 20, 23, 27, 28, and 35 so far this year. Their losses were by 4 and 3. They are dominating a team by mid-way through the 3rd quarter and then rest there top 8 the rest of the game and getting ready for the next night, which is exactly the way to go this year with the compact schedule.

SeoulBeatz
01-10-2012, 11:07 PM

We were the last team to get a home game, started the season on a 5 game West Coast trip. We went 3-2 and regardless, that's not an easy feat.

Our competition hasn't been the strongest, but what is really surprising is how we are BLOWING OUT weaker teams.

We just had another blowout win a few mins ago, 112-85 Sixers over Kings.

We have the highest Point Differential in the nba at +16 points per game.

We have the 4th highest offensive rating and 1st in defense.

The fact is this is a young team with a lot of chemistry and athleticism that plays great defense night in and night out.

You can judge the Sixers because none of the names pop out at you on paper but when you watch us play you can see why we have the #1 defense. This team hustles like their lives depend on it and they have fun doing it.

Watch the vid to see for yourselves:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDO-XnscYIE
pretend that mo speights isn't in the vid lol

But NO, we will not win the East this year. The heat are clearly on a mission and I'm picking them, but i do think the Sixers could win a round or two depending on the matchup.

SeoulBeatz
01-10-2012, 11:13 PM
thought this was noteworthy

@ESPNStatsInfo: 76ers with 5 20-point wins in 9 games
already this season. ELIAS: Last team to do that was 1969-70
NBA champion Knicks.

I guess it's guaranteed now

mamba24
01-10-2012, 11:14 PM

uhhh... underappreciated??? they are ranked number 1 in hollinger's rating system... i'd say they are actually really OVERRATED!!!

THE MTL
01-10-2012, 11:19 PM
Philly cannot possibly win the East with the Miami Heat. But I do believe that they can finish as high as 3rd or 4th seed. However, the playoffs are about big moments and stars rise to the occasion. I love that Philly went the team route however the reason why teams are moving towards acquiring superstars is for moments in the playoffs. Philly w/o a star isnt an as dangerous playoff team as Boston or New York.

BADizzleBoY
01-10-2012, 11:22 PM
How are they overrated. Oh please, oh please for the love of god, somebody help me. Are you just catching onto the Sixers like the rest of america? They have the 4th best record in the east since they started 3-13 of last season. The continually beat teams the "shouldn't" beat. They made a series out of the Heat last season. ARE YOU TELLING ME THE PHILADELPHIA 76ERS, ONE OF THE MOST UNDER-APPRECIATED TEAMS IN THE PAST DECADE, are overrated? Go watch espn, let those guys deprive any kind of life or basketball knowledge you may start gaining, just because everyone else is just starting to buying into them doesn't make them overrated.....

XpLiCiTT
01-10-2012, 11:22 PM
uhhh... underappreciated??? they are ranked number 1 in hollinger's rating system... i'd say they are actually really OVERRATED!!!

He didn't say we are under appreciated...:facepalm:

SeoulBeatz
01-10-2012, 11:26 PM
Philly cannot possibly win the East with the Miami Heat. But I do believe that they can finish as high as 3rd or 4th seed. However, the playoffs are about big moments and stars rise to the occasion. I love that Philly went the team route however the reason why teams are moving towards acquiring superstars is for moments in the playoffs. Philly w/o a star isnt an as dangerous playoff team as Boston or New York.

I totally understand this argument but I honestly don't think not having a star is as big of a hinderance as it seems.

It's not like the Sixers are without scorers. Anyone on this team can off on any given night, which has actually been an advantage for us this season.

Just look at our game logs, each game we have 2 different leading scorers from the last. Many of these players could put up bigger numbers on different teams, but have accepted smaller scoring roles for the team concept that Doug Collins preaches.

Lou Williams is the Sixers best scorer and if you match his minutes to Monta Ellis their numbers are IDENTICAL. He's one of the best scorers in the NBA and it's no secret now. Some nights he'll go off, or it will be Jrue Holiday, Iggy, Thad, Evan, Meeks, Brand, or even Spence(?).

The Sixers are the 4th higest rated offense; they haven't had much trouble scoring so far because they have so many options to go to that it's actually one of their best assets.

bringbackfredex
01-10-2012, 11:31 PM
The Atlantic? Absolutely, they were my preseason pick to win the division. The Celtics window is closing rapidly due to age, and the Knicks are going to experience growing pains. A shortened season plays right into the hands of the Sixers due to their youth and depth.

The East? No chance, too many powerhouse teams. The shortened schedule leaves the possibility I guess, but the Heat and Bulls are way too good right now and the Sixers should not even be discussed here yet.

The future is looking really bright however with the development of our young guys, and imagine if we can sneak in and pawn off guys like Iggy, Hawes and others for Howard. The Magic are looking to stay competitive, so these two with the addition of other promising young players like Vucevic, Thad, or Turner could be a good deal for them.

Holiday
Turner
Thad (try to keep him in a deal)
Brand
Howard

Once they get that team on the floor, make this thread again and we will have a serious conversation.

ChaseHamels
01-10-2012, 11:31 PM
How are they overrated. Oh please, oh please for the love of god, somebody help me. Are you just catching onto the Sixers like the rest of america? They have the 4th best record in the east since they started 3-13 of last season. The continually beat teams the "shouldn't" beat. They made a series out of the Heat last season. ARE YOU TELLING ME THE PHILADELPHIA 76ERS, ONE OF THE MOST UNDER-APPRECIATED TEAMS IN THE PAST DECADE, are overrated? Go watch espn, let those guys deprive any kind of life or basketball knowledge you may start gaining, just because everyone else is just starting to buying into them doesn't make them overrated.....

Ummmmm... NO.

BADizzleBoY
01-10-2012, 11:33 PM
Ummmmm... NO.

Uhm yes, no one ever gives us a shot ever. After the NBA final apperance and a quick playoff exit the next year everyone hopped off.

XpLiCiTT
01-10-2012, 11:33 PM
If we could get Howard, would you guys mess this chemistry up for it? I mean how confident are you all that we can actually keep this up? It'd be interesting..Howard to Philly, who knows lol

ChaseHamels
01-10-2012, 11:40 PM
Uhm yes, no one ever gives us a shot ever. After the NBA final apperance and a quick playoff exit the next year everyone hopped off.

They haven't had a above .500 record in like the past 7 years. So NO they have not been under appreciated or whatever woe is me type attitude you have.

BADizzleBoY
01-10-2012, 11:41 PM
No I don't want Howard keep our team exactly how it is.

KKell2507
01-10-2012, 11:41 PM
Well if people arent convinced yet, the Sixers will have a perfect opportunity to prove themselves come february. They play 15 games in February, 7 at home and 8 on the road. Their home games you might ask?

Chicago
Miami
LA Lakers
San Antonio
LA Clippers
Dallas
Oklahoma City

YIKES! if that isnt a brutal month of home games, then I dont know what is. I guess better to be at home than on the road though. Road schedule is pretty weak for the most part in February.

ChaseHamels
01-10-2012, 11:42 PM

Yea, we def wouldn't want the best Center in the league.

bootsy
01-10-2012, 11:42 PM
The Atlantic? Absolutely, they were my preseason pick to win the division. The Celtics window is closing rapidly due to age, and the Knicks are going to experience growing pains. A shortened season plays right into the hands of the Sixers due to their youth and depth.

The East? No chance, two many powerhouse teams. The shortened schedule leaves the possibility I guess, but the Heat and Bulls are way too good right now and the Sixers should not even be discussed here yet.

The future is looking really bright however with the development of our young guys, and imagine if we can sneak in and pawn off guys like Iggy, Hawes and others for Howard. The Magic are looking to stay competitive, so these two with the addition of other promising young players like Vucevic, Thad, or Turner could be a good deal for them.

Holiday
Turner
Thad (try to keep him in a deal)
Brand
Howard

Once they get that team on the floor, make this thread again and we will have a serious conversation.

Made a slight change for you. The Heat and I guess the Bulls, although I'm still not completely sold because Rose has to do it himself especially in the playoffs and I don't think he can yet. Those are the only two powerhouses. What other powerhouses are you talking about?

ne3xchamps
01-10-2012, 11:43 PM
5 game win streak and a thread pops up already smh...

this. I was thinking the same thing. :laugh2:

SeoulBeatz
01-10-2012, 11:44 PM
this. I was thinking the same thing. :laugh2:

ay it's 6 games now, so you know it's legit! :)

XpLiCiTT
01-10-2012, 11:45 PM

Yeah, I think thats a little TOO much confidence, if a chance at getting Dwight came, you'd HAVE to pull the trigger, I don't care what our record is. But lets not go there.

goalie
01-10-2012, 11:45 PM
They havent even played anyone good yet. Toughest game was against the Refs in Utah. Tommorrow vs. NYK is their 1st real test.

BADizzleBoY
01-10-2012, 11:46 PM
They haven't had a above .500 record in like the past 7 years. So NO they have not been under appreciated or whatever woe is me type attitude you have.

They were above or at .500 for 3 of the last 7 seasons. And in the two playoff appearances they had they almost upset or gave competition to the 08-09 Orlando Magic squad. The same on that went to the NBA finals and took them to 6 games. Also last season this Sixer team had the Miami Heat on upset alert as they lost 4 of the 5 games by 6 points or fewer. Get real they constantly start off horrid and finish great and consistently get overlooked by many teams.

BADizzleBoY
01-10-2012, 11:46 PM

Exactly, we def would want a one year rental who would end up leaving and mess up all the chemistry that has given us this 7-2 start this season.

KKell2507
01-10-2012, 11:47 PM
And NO to Howard. Trade wise atleast. If we can convince him and make a run at him in Free Agency by amnestying Brand then go for it, but only amnesty Brand id Howard is coming. Then wed have the exact same team just replacing Brand and Hawes(hed leave in free agency) with Howard and Thad Young. Then wed still have the guard rotation in tact plus Vucevic to back up both Howard and Young.

The knicks will forever regret trading for anthony instead of waiting for free agency to get him. they would be beyond loaded right now had they been patient and waited.

BADizzleBoY
01-10-2012, 11:50 PM
And NO to Howard. Trade wise atleast. If we can convince him and make a run at him in Free Agency by amnestying Brand then go for it, but only amnesty Brand id Howard is coming. Then wed have the exact same team just replacing Brand and Hawes(hed leave in free agency) with Howard and Thad Young. Then wed still have the guard rotation in tact plus Vucevic to back up both Howard and Young.

The knicks will forever regret trading for anthony instead of waiting for free agency to get him. they would be beyond loaded right now had they been patient and waited.

I completely agree, if we can get Howard without giving up our young talent minus Iguodala, and somehow get him to stay I'm all for it.

ChaseHamels
01-10-2012, 11:53 PM
They were above or at .500 for 3 of the last 7 seasons. And in the two playoff appearances they had they almost upset or gave competition to the 08-09 Orlando Magic squad. The same on that went to the NBA finals and took them to 6 games. Also last season this Sixer team had the Miami Heat on upset alert as they lost 4 of the 5 games by 6 points or fewer. Get real they constantly start off horrid and finish great and consistently get overlooked by many teams.

They haven't had an above .500 record since 2005.

I'm being real you're just coming off stupid. This team has NO SHOT of winning an NBA title with the team they are putting on the floor as of today. That is a fact.

I'm enjoying watching them play but I refuse to turn into some stupid fanboy who thinks that this team is an elite NBA franchise.

ChaseHamels
01-10-2012, 11:56 PM
Exactly, we def would want a one year rental who would end up leaving and mess up all the chemistry that has given us this 7-2 start this season.

Obviously you wouldn't trade for Howard without a commitment to sign a multi-year deal...

BADizzleBoY
01-11-2012, 12:04 AM
They haven't had an above .500 record since 2005.

I'm being real you're just coming off stupid. This team has NO SHOT of winning an NBA title with the team they are putting on the floor as of today. That is a fact.

I'm enjoying watching them play but I refuse to turn into some stupid fanboy who thinks that this team is an elite NBA franchise.

And what about the other point about making playoff games close? Give them a year or two, Sixers will be forreal. I hope they stay under the radar. But if anyone tell me that they are overrated, thats coming off stupid.

KingOf215
01-11-2012, 12:16 AM
They still seem to be underrated by the mediocre teams which is great. I know of a few idiot Rocket fans that continue to underrate the Sixers even though the Rockets haven't beaten the Sixers since 2007. :rolleyes:

shellshocked430
01-11-2012, 12:21 AM
someone really said the hawks are deeper? okay they play more players, but really? Let's take a look at the sixers top 3 off the bench: lou, thad, and turner.. now name three better bench players on the hawks please. The hawks play uninspired (losing to heat with only bosh to man the load).. and the sixers are more passionate.. As much as I bash Iggy, he is one of the premier perimeter defenders which is HUGE against teams like knicks or heat, and does everything well but shoot (which he has decreased for the better of the team).. Jrue and Turner will be our starting backcourt by season's end, being the scariest young tandem at the 1 and 2 spot I can fathom (not including the defenseless Warriors).. This team will defend well against the Knicks, are more talented across the board than the Magic, and will literally run all over the Celts.. They are, NBA enthusiasts, the third best team right now.. we're winning by 30+ while the knicks are losing to the bobcats.. Also, if hawes keeps it up....point is watch out for philly.

2-ONE-5
01-11-2012, 12:32 AM
i say they finish 6th

your talking about the Knicks right?

ClippersE.G
01-11-2012, 02:03 AM
No cant win the East, but they can probably beat the Heat, because the Heat suck.

EvanTurner
01-11-2012, 02:06 AM
um were the best team from top to bottom. so of course we can win the east. No team can handle the pressure of our starters. let alone we have 3 legit nba starters in our back up group lol. The sixers are going to get an unexpected ring this year. Might suprise most of you including some sixer fans but ive said it all off season that the sixers would be contenders.

bringbackfredex
01-11-2012, 02:26 AM
um were the best team from top to bottom. so of course we can win the east. No team can handle the pressure of our starters. let alone we have 3 legit nba starters in our back up group lol. The sixers are going to get an unexpected ring this year. Might suprise most of you including some sixer fans but ive said it all off season that the sixers would be contenders.

I really hope this wasn't a serious post, and if it was let me save you from the other fan bases that are about to rip you apart.

The Sixers are very much improved, and winning the Atlantic is something that they are very capable of. But if you claim that any 5 people we put on the court are better than Lebron, Wade, and Bosh, then you really have no idea what you're talking about. Depth doesn't matter at all when you face a team like that, as witnessed in the playoffs last year.

We aren't the best team from top to bottom, especially since we don't have anyone that can take over a game. Every shooter we have is streaky at best, and those inconsistencies will eventually cost us in a star driven league. They do play great defense which is why I love to watch them again, but until they get that game changer, the Sixers will not win a championship.

They will make some noise this year though, and if they do win the Atlantic as I predicted, winning a playoff series is a reasonable expectation for the season.

slynxpac
01-11-2012, 04:06 AM
They have a shot at it

celmxc
01-11-2012, 04:50 AM
they are really impressive defensively ... if they find a way to stop the heat from fast breaking and/or contain Rose then they have a shot

MJ-BULLS
01-11-2012, 05:07 AM
id give them a 25% chance.

its the BULLS and Heat.

Reptar
01-11-2012, 08:54 AM
Hawks have Joe Johnson, Al Horford and Josh Smith and then the rest of their roster is booty. To say they are as deep as the sixers is down right disrespectful. I can't wait to smoke the hawks.

Mishmin
01-11-2012, 09:31 AM
Nope

Rockice_8
01-11-2012, 10:12 AM
After the Bulls and Heat it's wide open

Philly
NY
ATL
ORL
IND
BOS

That's the best eight in the east and it could go anyway in terms of seeding. Can they win the Atlantic? Sure why not NY isn't all that scary cause they play no D and BOS is getting up there in age. Both of them have very poor depth as well.

Can they win rep the East in the Finals? Doubtful this is MIA to lose.

omdigga
01-11-2012, 12:17 PM
i like philly... good team, that plays great D.. but i think they need a clear cut go-to-guy to close games before they win the east...

GThawks
01-11-2012, 02:01 PM
Hawks have Joe Johnson, Al Horford and Josh Smith and then the rest of their roster is booty. To say they are as deep as the sixers is down right disrespectful. I can't wait to smoke the hawks.

^ Has not watched the Hawks play this year.

GThawks
01-11-2012, 02:06 PM
And I never said the Hawks have a better bench than the 76ers. I love Thad and Lou Will...both great players. However Hawks starters>>>>>>Philly starters.

Team*Chicago
01-11-2012, 02:15 PM
76ers are good but I say they are the 4th best team in the East behind the Bulls, heat and Hawks.

PhillyFaninLA
01-11-2012, 02:19 PM
Even though its early I think tonight will tell us all a lot about the Sixers as they are right now.

For those that don't know its the 3rd game of a back-back-back and its at MSG.

2-ONE-5
01-11-2012, 02:41 PM
You dont need a superstar when you have a team that is capable of shutting down any superstar in the East. I dont think the Sixers will win the East but they could compete to win it for the regular season. Playing the Bulls/heat in a 7 games is series is a whole other thing. Also the Hawks dont have any superstars either and are not even close to as deep as the the Sixers. Sixers win the Atlantic plain and simple

MetroMan
01-11-2012, 02:58 PM
no they wont win.

PatsSoxKnicks
01-11-2012, 03:03 PM

I actually picked the 76ers to win the Atlantic Division at the start of the year. Looks like great minds think alike ;)

Anyways, these were my predictions from the round table:

My Bold Seedings
East Conf
1) Bulls
2) Heat
3) 76ers
4) Pacers
5) Knicks
6) Magic
7) Celtics
8) Hawks

Here are the actual standings today:
1) Bulls
2) Heat
3) 76ers
4) Hawks
5) Pacers
6) Magic
7) Knicks
8) Celtics

I'm not doing so well at the bottom there but the top 3? Exactly as I predicted. Also looking good with the Pacers. Of course, we're only 10 games into the season, so I could end up being completely wrong but so far, I'm looking good.

h2r09
01-11-2012, 04:31 PM
they have no chance of even making it to the ECF. those teams dont win in the playoffs. You are the nuggets of last year. you need a star in teh playoffs. you dont win with 5 good players.

RLundi
01-11-2012, 05:18 PM
Wait till they come back down to earth, then we'll have a better indication of where they are. Though I have to admit, winning on the road is extremely impressive.

EvanTurner
01-11-2012, 06:22 PM
I really hope this wasn't a serious post, and if it was let me save you from the other fan bases that are about to rip you apart.

The Sixers are very much improved, and winning the Atlantic is something that they are very capable of. But if you claim that any 5 people we put on the court are better than Lebron, Wade, and Bosh, then you really have no idea what you're talking about. Depth doesn't matter at all when you face a team like that, as witnessed in the playoffs last year.

We aren't the best team from top to bottom, especially since we don't have anyone that can take over a game. Every shooter we have is streaky at best, and those inconsistencies will eventually cost us in a star driven league. They do play great defense which is why I love to watch them again, but until they get that game changer, the Sixers will not win a championship.

They will make some noise this year though, and if they do win the Atlantic as I predicted, winning a playoff series is a reasonable expectation for the season.

let me be the first to tell you that i dont giva a **** what you or anybody else here says about what i think of my team. period. Your not changing my mind.

thee end.

EvanTurner
01-11-2012, 06:28 PM
they have no chance of even making it to the ECF. those teams dont win in the playoffs. You are the nuggets of last year. you need a star in teh playoffs. you dont win with 5 good players.

like the detroit pistons huh? womp womp

sixer04fan
01-11-2012, 06:39 PM

1) We are not the Nuggets of last year, at all. The Nuggets were high offense, bad defense. The Sixers are universally known as one of the best defensive teams in the league. You need defense in the playoffs. The Nuggets allowed the most PPG in the playoffs last year, and allowed 103 PPG during the season last year. Not good at all. Pretty horrible actually.

2) The east has arguably only 2 team better than the Sixers, so making the ECF is very possible. The Nuggets had to play the Thunder for crying out loud. The Sixers will most likely being playing a team like the Magic, the Knicks, the Hawks, or the Pacers... All these teams are undeniably much worse than the Thunder were last year, so a first round exit isn't nearly as likely.

3) We don't have 5 good players. We have 9 good players. And we are winning with 9 good players, if you are paying any attention to the standings.

And that, my friend, is why you are wrong in every point you just made.

PhillyBoomerang
01-11-2012, 06:44 PM
Right now I say the Atlantic Division is the weakest in the NBA IMO
I say the Sixers are one of the most complete teams and they are just picking up where they left off last season, playing good balanced basketball where multiple guys can go off and be the go-to scorer i mean we already seen guys like Lou Williams,Jodie Meeks, Jrue Holiday, Spencer Hawes, Andre Igudala, Thad Young, and Even Big Elton Brand having a big game yesterday. Evan Turner is playing very well to start the season and Nick Vuck is a steal for the Sixers. They are a team that will only get better as the season goes on, they are fun to watch though right now and if they can keep it up nobody can stop them, show teams like Heat/Knicks it takes a team to win and i think the Sixers are a great TEAM

Dolfan305
01-11-2012, 06:55 PM
1) We are not the Nuggets of last year, at all. The Nuggets were high offense, bad defense. The Sixers are universally known as one of the best defensive teams in the league. You need defense in the playoffs. The Nuggets allowed the most PPG in the playoffs last year, and allowed 103 PPG during the season last year. Not good at all. Pretty horrible actually.

2) The east has arguably only 2 team better than the Sixers, so making the ECF is very possible. The Nuggets had to play the Thunder for crying out loud. The Sixers will most likely being playing a team like the Magic, the Knicks, the Hawks, or the Pacers... All these teams are undeniably much worse than the Thunder were last year, so a first round exit isn't nearly as likely.

3) We don't have 5 good players. We have 9 good players. And we are winning with 9 good players, if you are paying any attention to the standings.

And that, my friend, is why you are wrong in every point you just made.
The Sixers aren't "universally known" as the best defensive team.

Dark Donnie
01-11-2012, 06:56 PM
He said "one of" which they are.

sixer04fan
01-11-2012, 06:57 PM
The Sixers aren't "universally known" as the best defensive team.

They are definitely known as ONE OF THE BEST defensive teams in the league, as I said. Do you even watch the NBA?

Dolfan305
01-11-2012, 07:01 PM
Right now I say the Atlantic Division is the weakest in the NBA IMO
I say the Sixers are one of the most complete teams and they are just picking up where they left off last season, playing good balanced basketball where multiple guys can go off and be the go-to scorer i mean we already seen guys like Lou Williams,Jodie Meeks, Jrue Holiday, Spencer Hawes, Andre Igudala, Thad Young, and Even Big Elton Brand having a big game yesterday. Evan Turner is playing very well to start the season and Nick Vuck is a steal for the Sixers. They are a team that will only get better as the season goes on, they are fun to watch though right now and if they can keep it up nobody can stop them, show teams like Heat/Knicks it takes a team to win and i think the Sixers are a great TEAM

How are the 76ers "showing it takes a team to win"? The Heat beat them in the playoffs in 5 games and have a better record this season. Besides, the Heat not having depth is old news, Chalmers and Norris Cole are a very good young PG duo, James Jones is a great three point shooter, Battier can hit the three, elite perimeter defender, Haslem is a good defender, leader, best rebounder of the bench in the NBA, Mike Miller is a former 6th man of the year and still good when healthy. Besides, Philly just doesn't have a star. The only team to ever win a championship in the past 40+ years without a star player was the Pistons.

Dolfan305
01-11-2012, 07:04 PM
They are definitely known as ONE OF THE BEST defensive teams in the league, as I said. Do you even watch the NBA?

Yes, I do watch the NBA. When I think "one of the best" I think top 3 or so, and I just don't think the Sixers are a top 3 defense, and 9 games against mediocre teams isn't going to change my opinion

RLundi
01-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Lol at how everyone is writing off the Celtics in the Atlantic division. I love the start Philly has had, but Boston will still be better at the end of the season. I like Philly anywhere from the fourth to seventh seed, but let's not get carried away just yet. Their road wins are extremely impressive and that's typically a mark of a good team, but sustenance is also important and the season is still young.

Let's see where they are in a few weeks before making an absolute playoff determination.

RLundi
01-11-2012, 07:08 PM
Yes, I do watch the NBA. When I think "one of the best" I think top 3 or so, and I just don't think the Sixers are a top 3 defense, and 9 games against mediocre teams isn't going to change my opinion

:laugh2:

Please don't be such a homer. They have a winning record on the road and are undefeated at home.

And this schedule versus 'mediocre teams'? Yeah, the Heat have actually had an easier strength of schedule than the Sixers.

Try again.

h2r09
01-11-2012, 07:09 PM
like the detroit pistons huh? womp womp

except their 3rd best player would probably be your best player, maybe even 4th with tayshaun prince not far behind

sixer04fan
01-11-2012, 07:13 PM

Regardless of what your opinion is, which no one here cares about, I said they are known as one of the best defensive teams in the league. If you don't think they are one of the best, that doesn't mean they aren't generally known by most people that cover the NBA as one of the best, which is what I said.

You keep either misreading what I'm writing or taking things out of context. We get it, dude. You're a Heat fan. Everyone knows the Heat are good. They are blatantly the favorites to win the East. You don't have to get all defensive when a Knicks fan makes a thread about if the Sixers are good enough to take the conference.

Dolfan305
01-11-2012, 07:17 PM
:laugh2:

Please don't be such a homer. They have a winning record on the road and are undefeated at home.

And this schedule versus 'mediocre teams'? Yeah, the Heat have actually had an easier strength of schedule than the Sixers.

Try again.

The Heat killed the Mavs at Dallas on opening day on Christmas, Beat the Celtics, Beat the Hawks without Lebron or Wade, and slaughtered the Pacers without Wade. 76ers have only beaten 1 good team.

Dolfan305
01-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Regardless of what your opinion is, which no one here cares about, I said they are known as one of the best defensive teams in the league. If you don't think they are one of the best, that doesn't mean they aren't generally known by most people that cover the NBA as one of the best, which is what I said.

You keep either misreading what I'm writing or taking things out of context. We get it, dude. You're a Heat fan. Everyone knows the Heat are good. They are blatantly the favorites to win the East. You don't have to get all defensive when a Knicks fan makes a thread about if the Sixers are good enough to take the conference.

The question is if the 76ers can win the East, I'm simply giving my opinion, is that not the point of this forum? It's not being defensive, maybe your the one being defensive....

RLundi
01-11-2012, 07:23 PM
The Heat killed the Mavs at Dallas on opening day on Christmas, Beat the Celtics, Beat the Hawks without Lebron or Wade, and slaughtered the Pacers without Wade. 76ers have only beaten 1 good team.

Heat strength of schedule so far is .463, Sixers is .480. End of story.

Philly started off with 5 straight road games. It doesn't matter who they played, 5 straight road games at any time, much less to begin a season, is extremely difficult. In context, those Heat wins aren't as impressive as you think they are.

sixer04fan
01-11-2012, 07:35 PM
The question is if the 76ers can win the East, I'm simply giving my opinion, is that not the point of this forum? It's not being defensive, maybe your the one being defensive....

So the question is if the 76ers can win the East, and you respond by taking an out of context quote from me, in which I was saying the Sixers are not like the Nuggets at all, to say that you don't think they are one of the best defensive teams in the league (when I was saying that most people know that they are, you can't disagree with that).

Then you go on to post a few sentences about the Heat's bench players in a response to someone saying that the Sixers are showing that it takes a team to win games. What does one have to do with the other? I have no idea. And what does the Heat having a better record, or beating the Sixers in the playoffs, have anything to do with the Sixers showing that it takes a team to win? Again, I have no idea. You're making random points about the Heat that are completely unrelated to the points made about the Sixers in which you're arguing.

Again, we understand the Heat are a good team. Everyone knows this. You're not stating your opinions about if the Sixers are good enough to take the conference at all. You're taking points, responding with something unrelated, and then making that your conclusion about the Sixers... It does not make any sense, I'm sorry man. You just sound like a Heat homer, so no one can take you seriously.

bbcmillionaire
01-11-2012, 07:42 PM
I don't think so but as a bulls fan, I'm keeping an eye on them

DaBear
01-11-2012, 07:55 PM
I'll go 1A) Heat 1B) Bulls 3) Sixers

sixer04fan
01-11-2012, 07:58 PM
1. Heat
2. Bulls

3. Sixers

We have a shot, but I'm definitely not going to say we're better than the Heat or Bulls yet.

01-11-2012, 08:17 PM
It would be a nice story, but I doubt it.
'Bruh saved the world', made me laugh out loud:clap:

hgtiger32
01-11-2012, 08:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFCfUl1R7SQ

Michael Kyle says it the best ^^^^

blahblahyoutoo
01-11-2012, 10:21 PM

detroit pistons.

LOOTERX9
01-11-2012, 11:32 PM
SIxers have zero star power and a coach that I never liked. They play hard but they dont have the go to guy in the end of games to hit big shots or draw fouls. So I say they have ZERO shot a winning the east. Same as the Nuggets having no shot at winning the west for the same reasons

bringbackfredex
01-12-2012, 12:02 AM
let me be the first to tell you that i dont giva a **** what you or anybody else here says about what i think of my team. period. Your not changing my mind.

thee end.

Well let me be the first to tell you that you're wrong. You're obviously entitled to be a homer, but my job is to bring you back to reality.

All of the reasons why I said they couldn't win the east or a championship were displayed tonight when they actually played a good team. They will contend to win the Atlantic, but have a 0.01% chance to win the East or a title.