PDA

View Full Version : Lakers willing to Part with Pau and Bynum?

shep33
01-10-2012, 01:28 PM
New York Daily News:

The Netsí hopes of acquiring Howard via a trade were compromised when Brook Lopez suffered a broken foot. The Mavsí best chance to acquire Howard would be to sign him over the summer. But if the Magic elect to trade its franchise center before the March deadline, the Lakers may be the best option because they have Andrew Bynum.

Bynum does have a history of injury problems but there is talk of the Lakers trying to work the same three-team deal with the Magic that they nearly pulled off with the Hornets for Paul. The trade would include the Lakersí Pau Gasol heading to Houston and the Rockets sending Luis Scola, Kevin Martin and of course Bynum to Orlando for Howard.

Bynum does have a history of injury problems but there is talk of the Lakers trying to work the same three-team deal with the Magic that they nearly pulled off with the Hornets for Paul. The trade would include the Lakersí Pau Gasol heading to Houston and the Rockets sending Luis Scola, Kevin Martin and of course Bynum to Orlando for Howard.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-knicks-amar-e-stoudemire-linked-dwight-howard-trade-rumors-article-1.1003690#ixzz1j4nv5c7w

HOZ THE KNICK
01-10-2012, 01:30 PM
get it over with..

Hellcrooner
01-10-2012, 01:31 PM
doubt houston still wants to gut half their team for pau since they missed on Marc Gasol in FA.

The best third partner lakers can find is Minnesota

LakersIn5
01-10-2012, 01:32 PM
basically bynum and gasol for dwight? lakers should get a lil bit more, mabye nelson? or flynn?

JordansBulls
01-10-2012, 01:33 PM
New York Daily News:

The Netsí hopes of acquiring Howard via a trade were compromised when Brook Lopez suffered a broken foot. The Mavsí best chance to acquire Howard would be to sign him over the summer. But if the Magic elect to trade its franchise center before the March deadline, the Lakers may be the best option because they have Andrew Bynum.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-knicks-amar-e-stoudemire-linked-dwight-howard-trade-rumors-article-1.1003690#ixzz1j4nv5c7w

Dwight should just want to come to Houston.

sep11ie
01-10-2012, 01:34 PM
Yea, don't see the point in gutting for Gasol now that free agency is done and over...

nycericanguy
01-10-2012, 01:38 PM
That would be a nice package for ORL, but I think LA would need to get more back, especially after they gave away Odom.

AntiG
01-10-2012, 01:47 PM
basically bynum and gasol for dwight? lakers should get a lil bit more, mabye nelson? or flynn?

Its prob Turkoglu since Orlando wants to be rid of his contract. The amts match up too.

Keep in mind that Dwight is the commodity in demand.

shep33
01-10-2012, 01:47 PM
That would be a nice package for ORL, but I think LA would need to get more back, especially after they gave away Odom.

I agree. It seems like the best possible package for the Magic at this point, however, LA would probably want another decent player. The only reason I'd think LA would do this deal, obviously this is just a rumor, otherwise the Magic probably would've accepted by now, is to save money for free agency.

The Lakers would actually save something like 36 mill for this deal come free agency, add in LO's contract and that becomes 45 mill. I'm sure they'd amnesty Artest/Walton too, and Fisher looks to be ready to retire. If that happens the Lakers would have 4 players on the roster next year... Kobe, Blake, Walton (expiring), McRoberts.

I don't really get any other explanation on why LA would this other than for that reason... which is a huge stretch.

I mean why even get Houston involved then if it were Pau + Bynum, which are the pieces reported on what the Magic want from the Lakers?

Honestly I just want this fiasco to end. Trade him already to any team in the league lol, just end it Otis!

RaiderLakersA's
01-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Won't happen.

And personally, I think it's stupid to lose Odom, Pau and Bynum only to gain Dwight and NO point guard.

Better to leave the team as it is and pick up Dwight during the offseason. He's going to walk anyway, what's the point in gutting your team for him?

shep33
01-10-2012, 01:54 PM
Won't happen.

And personally, I think it's stupid to lose Odom, Pau and Bynum only to gain Dwight and NO point guard.

Better to leave the team as it is and pick up Dwight during the offseason. He's going to walk anyway, what's the point in gutting your team for him?

I agree it won't happen. However, if it doesn't happen then LA most likely won't get him via free agency.

jmkh
01-10-2012, 01:55 PM
Won't happen.

We dont have cap space. In order to get Dwight in FA, we need to get rid of Pau, Bynum's contract so we will technically trade bynum and pau for Dwight

310Casper
01-10-2012, 01:58 PM
Lakers will not lose pau and bynum for just dwight. Zero chance of that.

Only way they do that is if they get an above average pg in return as well. When Derek Fisher is your starting pg in 2012, you need an upgrade badly.

Lakerfrk
01-10-2012, 02:02 PM
If we get Howard and Scola, Im down, ;) but not just Howard.....

BigEric
01-10-2012, 02:02 PM
Is the gap between Bynum and Dwight really worth Pau?

nycericanguy
01-10-2012, 02:04 PM

yes. If LA knew Bynum would keep playing this way and play more than 50 games out of 82 then no, but Bynum is a huge injury risk and could come back down to earth.

shep33
01-10-2012, 02:07 PM

Yeah I agree with you.

Lindystud36
01-10-2012, 02:12 PM
Bynum and Pau First Rounder traded to the Nets for Deron and Brooke is moved to Sacremento for Cousins who travels to LA

Nets get: Bynum, Pau, Pick
Lakers get : Dreon and Cousins
Sac Gets: Brooke and another Lakers pick

RaiderLakersA's
01-10-2012, 02:13 PM
We dont have cap space. In order to get Dwight in FA, we need to get rid of Pau, Bynum's contract so we will technically trade bynum and pau for Dwight

Are you sure that we won't have the space next year? I thought Pau, Kobe, Bynum (team option), Luke Walton and one or two others all come off the books for us next season. Maybe I'm wrong, but if so, that leaves us plenty of options where Dwight is concerned. We could add him and retool the squad.

WVNowitzki
01-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Why not Pau for Amare??? How do Lakers /Knicks fans feel about that?

shep33
01-10-2012, 02:17 PM
Why not Pau for Amare??? How do Lakers fans feel about that?

No way LA takes on Amare's 83 mill... it's not that Amare is bad, I like Amare a lot, but he's gonna be 30, has the knee history, and already has a lot of miles on him coming from high school.

Even though Pau is 31, he's always in great shape and has never suffered a severe injury. The way Pau plays can enable him to play for a long time, the guy is puttin up 17 and 9 on 58% shooting, so he's pretty good still.

Don't think LA would want Amare at all in all truth

Baller1
01-10-2012, 02:18 PM
If this is true, Otis Smith needs to finalize this **** immediately. That is a great package for Orlando, damn.

Of course it isn't true though, there's no way.

shep33
01-10-2012, 02:25 PM
If this is true, Otis Smith needs to finalize this **** immediately. That is a great package for Orlando, damn.

Yeah, no way this is true... because Otis would've accepted it already. I haven't heard many offers that trump that one, and I'm willing to bet the Magic get a few draft picks as well.

As a Laker fan I hope it's not true, cause we have seriously gut our roster for D12.

AntiG
01-10-2012, 02:27 PM

Only if it involves Turkoglu leaving the Magic. They need to open up cap space.

smith&wesson
01-10-2012, 02:27 PM
so houstons giving up martin, scola for gasol

orlando giving up howard for martin, scola and bynum

LA giving up bynam and gasol for howard.

not a bad trade for all invovled imo.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
01-10-2012, 02:33 PM
ok..WTF??? first of all i click the link in the OP and it talks me to amare for D12.. nothing bout lakers.

and 2nd.... this is old news...they had been talking bout doing this trade for some weeks now.

this is wat i been saying and thinking...if lakers wanted D12 they would of been pulled the trigger...so yea... AND if bynum is playing so beastly why in the world would they trade him (and have to add all star gasol)?
JUST SAYIN

rapjuicer06
Here's what I say

Orlando sends-Howard/Turk to LA J-Rich to Houston

Houston sends-Scola to LA Martin/another to Orlando

Lakers send-Pau to LA Bynum and Dallas' first round pick to Orlando

jmkh
Are you sure that we won't have the space next year? I thought Pau, Kobe, Bynum (team option), Luke Walton and one or two others all come off the books for us next season. Maybe I'm wrong, but if so, that leaves us plenty of options where Dwight is concerned. We could add him and retool the squad.

Pau will be a FA after 13-14 season, same with Kobe. Walton will be a FA after 12-13 season. Players coming off the books after this season are Bynum (option), Fisher (option), Barnes + bench. If Bynum and Fishers options are not picked up, we are at 63M for next year which is still over the cap.

shep33
01-10-2012, 02:34 PM
Only if it involves Turkoglu leaving the Magic. They need to open up cap space.

LA would say no to that imo... Because I think the whole point of getting Houston involved is to not take back Turks contract...

Orlando has supposedly wanted Pau + Bynum....so why don't they just do a straight up trade of Pau + Bynum for Turk + Howard like Orlando already kinda hinted too?

I bet that's the kicker

Htownballa1622
01-10-2012, 02:35 PM
I'd rather Rockets just let lakers try and get Howard straight up. I'd rather suck for a while before assisting the lakers in any way.

Oh and pau here solo doesn't sound appealing with free agency over. Not to mention I couldn't stand hearing Pau scream like a ***** for every rebound.

shep33
01-10-2012, 02:36 PM
ok..WTF??? first of all i click the link in the OP and it talks me to amare for D12.. nothing bout lakers.
and 2nd.... this is old news...they had been talking bout doing this trade for some weeks now.

this is wat i been saying and thinking...if lakers wanted D12 they would of been pulled the trigger...so yea... AND if bynum is playing so beastly why in the world would they trade him (and have to add all star gasol)?
JUST SAYIN

It's in the middle of the article

beliges
01-10-2012, 02:37 PM
These Pau + Bynum for Howard deals are funny. Not only do the Lakers have the best possible deal they can provide Orlando without Pau, they have publicly stated that they will not give up both of their big men for Dwight. Yet people still try to insist that itll happen. The bottom line is, no other team that is in the running for Dwight has anything remotely close to Bynum to offer. Pau will not be included in this deal. That is of course the Lakers will get back another all-star quality player or two for Pau.

Lakerfrk
so houstons giving up martin, scola for gasol

orlando giving up howard for martin, scola and bynum

LA giving up bynam and gasol for howard.

not a bad trade for all invovled imo.

A little scary for the Lakers... Id like something like this...

Lakers get: Howard, Scola, Turkoglu
Magic get: Bynum, Martin, Dragic, Laker 1st, Dallas 1st
Rockets get: Gasol, Goudelock

Hows that feel?

jmkh
Here's what I say

I would do that trade. I think that would clear up cap to sign a PG in FA, hopefully DWill

Hustla23
Pretty crappy trade for the Magic.

Bynum is as injury prone as they get and Scola and Martin are too old.

They should push for a Clippers-esque package from some other team with assets and young players.

shep33
01-10-2012, 02:38 PM
I'd rather Rockets just let lakers try and get Howard straight up. I'd rather suck for a while before assisting the lakers in any way.

Oh and pau here solo doesn't sound appealing with free agency over. Not to mention I couldn't stand hearing Pau scream like a ***** for every rebound.

I'll say this, if Houston does deal for Pau, they'll still not be very good... however, they're looking longterm now, they are not only gonna have a top PF in the league, but they'll also have a high pick, + a ton of cap room for next season. I think they have like 7-8 players with team options next year. I expect the Rockets to go after a lot of talent next offseason.

Htownballa1622
01-10-2012, 02:40 PM
I'll say this, if Houston does deal for Pau, they'll still not be very good... however, they're looking longterm now, they are not only gonna have a top PF in the league, but they'll also have a high pick, + a ton of cap room for next season. I think they have like 7-8 players with team options next year. I expect the Rockets to go after a lot of talent next offseason.

That's my point. Regardless if pau is here we'll still be bad. Id rather let l.a. Try and get him solo rather than depend on us to sweeten the deal.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-10-2012, 02:42 PM

:laugh2:

this would be horrible trade for the lakers...just thinking about it...yikes

shep33
01-10-2012, 02:43 PM
That's my point. Regardless if pau is here we'll still be bad. Id rather let l.a. Try and get him solo rather than depend on us to sweeten the deal.

See I think the Lakers can get him solo, which is why I'm kinda not understanding this deal. Either scenario involves them giving up Pau + Bynum.

More-Than-Most
01-10-2012, 02:46 PM
Why would the lakers give up both Paul and Bynum? Even with the addition of Howard they would be getting worse

Htownballa1622
01-10-2012, 02:47 PM
See I think the Lakers can get him solo, which is why I'm kinda not understanding this deal. Either scenario involves them giving up Pau + Bynum

My thoughts too.

I don't think Orlando gets better package than bynum/pau.

Problem is...they might want to send Turk.

Supa
01-10-2012, 02:48 PM
These Pau + Bynum for Howard deals are funny. Not only do the Lakers have the best possible deal they can provide Orlando without Pau, they have publicly stated that they will not give up both of their big men for Dwight. Yet people still try to insist that itll happen. The bottom line is, no other team that is in the running for Dwight has anything remotely close to Bynum to offer. Pau will not be included in this deal. That is of course the Lakers will get back another all-star quality player or two for Pau.

Bingo, why even offer Bynum + Gasol when other teams can't even offer someone close to Bynum.

Lakers might as well keep the twin towers, and let Orlando scramble to something less desirable.

---

shep33
01-10-2012, 02:49 PM
My thoughts too.

I don't think Orlando gets better package than bynum/pau.

Problem is...they might want to send Turk.

Quite possibly, i think that's why LA is getting a 3rd team involved, they probably want nothing to do with Turks deal

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-10-2012, 02:52 PM
Here's what I say

:facepalm:

Htownballa1622
01-10-2012, 02:52 PM
Quite possibly, i think that's why LA is getting a 3rd team involved, they probably want nothing to do with Turks deal

I feel ya

Otis is just wasting time.

shep33
01-10-2012, 02:56 PM
I feel ya

Otis is just wasting time.

Yeah, this whole scenario is getting old. I hope this just ends, I honestly don't even care where he goes, let him go to the Wiz for Andray Blatche for all I care lol... just end it

thekmp211
01-10-2012, 02:57 PM
that remaining team in orlando would be pretty good, if bynum stayed healthy. they would still be competitive. from previous comments it seems as though orlando's elderly owner doesn't feel as though he has the time for rebuilding.

i understand the problem with acquiring veterans but it's not always a bad deal. bynum is young, and martin and scola will at least be productive through their current contracts. it's much better than nothing.

Htownballa1622
01-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Yeah, this whole scenario is getting old. I hope this just ends, I honestly don't even care where he goes, let him go to the Wiz for Andray Blatche for all I care lol... just end it

Haha +1

I just find it funny how the tables have turned. How Dwight called out Lebron for wanting out.now he wants out lol.

rasajr23
01-10-2012, 03:02 PM
I've said it before and will say it again, If Bynum continues to play the way he is no third team will be needed. Bynum+Barnes+ 2 1st round draft picks should be enough.

RLundi
01-10-2012, 04:29 PM
A little scary for the Lakers... Id like something like this...

Lakers get: Howard, Scola, Turkoglu
Magic get: Bynum, Martin, Dragic, Laker 1st, Dallas 1st
Rockets get: Gasol, Goudelock

Hows that feel?

I like this deal for all the teams, though I think Houston deserves more than just Goudelock...

RLundi
01-10-2012, 04:31 PM
Here's what I say

This is probably the most realistic deal. All teams benefit nearly equally. The trigger needs to be pulled on this deal immediately.

JordansBulls
01-10-2012, 04:45 PM
Bulls get Dwight
Lakers get Noah/Boozer
Magic get Bynum/Gasol

Works for everyone

LAKERMANIA
01-10-2012, 04:48 PM
Bulls get Dwight
Lakers get Noah/Boozer
Magic get Bynum/Gasol

Works for everyone

You wish, Dwight isn't going to Chicago I can guarantee that

utl768
01-10-2012, 04:53 PM
i wouldnt deal both

beliges
01-10-2012, 04:54 PM

Pau never was and never will be part of the Dwight deal unless Pau goes to Houston and LA gets something like Scola and Lowry in return. But I just dont see that happening.

beliges
01-10-2012, 04:55 PM
Bulls get Dwight
Lakers get Noah/Boozer
Magic get Bynum/Gasol

Works for everyone

This might outdo the LO for nothing deal as possibly the worst deal the Lakers have ever made.

kobebabe
01-10-2012, 05:02 PM
This would not make sense at all. Trading essentially 3 good players (LO, Pau and Bynum) for one doean't make much sense. I say wait til free agency and work things out!

kobebabe
01-10-2012, 05:04 PM
Bulls get Dwight
Lakers get Noah/Boozer
Magic get Bynum/Gasol

Works for everyone

Don't really hurt to dream man! I ain't mad at you:cool:

beliges
01-10-2012, 05:06 PM
This would not make sense at all. Trading essentially 3 good players (LO, Pau and Bynum) for one doean't make much sense. I say wait til free agency and work things out!

Dude, Lakers are not offering both Pau and Bynum. They never were offering Pau in the Howard deal and they will never offer Pau in the Dwight deal unless of course they were going to acquire another all-star caliber player in return. Bynum is as good a deal Orlando will be able to acquire. There is absolutely no need to offer Pau in a Howard deal. Again, no teal will be able to match the Bynum offer.

Lakers + Giants
01-10-2012, 05:16 PM
Bynum and Gasol for Howard? **** no.

Bynum and Gasol for Howard and Scola? Maybe

Bynum and Gasol for Howard and Lowry? **** YEA!

GrapeSoda
01-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Would you rather have Kobe + Howard OR Kobe + Bynum, Gasol, Odom?

I actually think I would rather have the 1st option, but if they can't get Howard they made a huge mistake trading Odom for what could turn out to be nothing

beliges
01-10-2012, 05:24 PM
Would you rather have Kobe + Howard OR Kobe + Bynum, Gasol, Odom?

I actually think I would rather have the 1st option, but if they can't get Howard they made a huge mistake trading Odom for what could turn out to be nothing

Giving away LO for nothing was already one of the dumbest moves the Lakers have ever made and by far the worst move of the off-season by any team. But if the Lakers acquire Dwight, then a Kobe+Pau+Dwight trio will most likely be the favorites to win it all this season.

Rockice_8
01-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Dude, Lakers are not offering both Pau and Bynum. They never were offering Pau in the Howard deal and they will never offer Pau in the Dwight deal unless of course they were going to acquire another all-star caliber player in return. Bynum is as good a deal Orlando will be able to acquire. There is absolutely no need to offer Pau in a Howard deal. Again, no teal will be able to match the Bynum offer.

Lopez, Brooks, and the Nets 1st blows Bynum out of the water.

Yunqn
01-10-2012, 05:28 PM

you guys really think that lakers will come out and say yeah one of these guys are going to go?

do you not realize that the lakers had already made a deal to trade TWO bigs for A GUARD ?

the lakers should atleast add a pick to get back jameer nelson .. which is not bad if they sign pryzbilla to back up dwight .. atleast they'll have depth.. you guys should pray that the lakers trade bynum before he goes down..

and the magic should do w.e it takes to have a starting 5 of
flynn martin hedo scola bynum with ryan anderson, j rich & jj reddick off he bench? thats a loaded team..DEPENDING on how good bynum can be that team can compete for a title later on..

lakers should look for a guard in this deal.. getting hedo though wouldnt be bad for the lakers..

beliges
01-10-2012, 05:29 PM

Lopez is hurt and will be coming off a broken foot. Plus with this surge of Bynum, the Nets dont really have a shot anymore if Lakers offer Bynum. Bynum+fillers+picks blows anything NJ can offer out of the water. Lopez? Get the hell out of here. Lakers will be swapping the #2 Center in the league for the #1 center in the league.

Htownballa1622
01-10-2012, 05:31 PM
Ha Lowry to l.a. Dream on.

beliges
01-10-2012, 05:31 PM
you guys really think that lakers will come out and say yeah one of these guys are going to go?

do you not realize that the lakers had already made a deal to trade TWO bigs for A GUARD ?

the lakers should atleast add a pick to get back jameer nelson .. which is not bad if they sign pryzbilla to back up dwight .. atleast they'll have depth.. you guys should pray that the lakers trade bynum before he goes down..

and the magic should do w.e it takes to have a starting 5 of
flynn martin hedo scola bynum with ryan anderson, j rich & jj reddick off he bench? thats a loaded team..DEPENDING on how good bynum can be that team can compete for a title later on..

lakers should look for a guard in this deal.. getting hedo though wouldnt be bad for the lakers..

Lakers made the deal of two bigs for the best PG in the game precisely because they would still have Bynum out there, who is by far the 2nd best C in the league at this point. Wouldve been an amazing deal for LA if it wasnt for the rest of the owners whining and *****ing about the Lakers being too good.

ManRam
01-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Since Otis apparently doesn't like Brook anymore (if he ever did), I guess this is the only trade to do. I don't know if I'm ready to move on or not...but whatever. Either way, I don't care.

beliges
01-10-2012, 05:33 PM
Since Otis apparently doesn't like Brook anymore (if he ever did), I guess this is the only trade to do. I don't know if I'm ready to move on or not...but whatever. Either way, I don't care.

Bynum as the #1 option will give you very similar numbers to Dwight. Obviously hes not as good defensively or nearly as athletic, but he will be a great cornerstone to build around.

ellisgw
01-10-2012, 05:39 PM
why would orlando want bynum, when he only has one year left on his contract. this means they would over pay a max contract to keep him, while he is very injury prone. Then take on contracts of scola and martin. When you lose a superstar, you want young prospects and 1st round draft picks not solid players with stupid contracts.

Avenged
01-10-2012, 05:40 PM
No.. Just no! One yes, but not both..

Would Dwight really commit to the Lakers with only a 33 year old Kobe? Unless the Lakers are planning or at least going to try to acquire another star player somehow in FA.

The Rockets I guess I can see them doing it only because they have had such a slow start and are 25th in the league..

Rockice_8
01-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Lopez is hurt and will be coming off a broken foot. Plus with this surge of Bynum, the Nets dont really have a shot anymore if Lakers offer Bynum. Bynum+fillers+picks blows anything NJ can offer out of the water. Lopez? Get the hell out of here. Lakers will be swapping the #2 Center in the league for the #1 center in the league.

Wait so since Bynum has played well for less then 10 games he's now the second best center in the league, wake up. The guy has had multiple knee surgeries and whatever difference between Bynum and Lopez you think there might be Brooks and a top 10 pick sure as hell off set that.

Brooks is a ROY candidate and is looking great and by the time the trade goes down NJ will be in too big a hole to climb out. That pick will for sure be around a top 10 pick. Bynum and garbage isn't better then Lopez, Brooks, and a top 10 pick.

The only way Dwight wears a LA uniform is if Bynum and Pau are traded and at that point LA isn't looking all that attractive anymore.

beliges
01-10-2012, 05:45 PM
Wait so since Bynum has played well for less then 10 games he's now the second best center in the league, wake up. The guy has had multiple knee surgeries and whatever difference between Bynum and Lopez you think there might be Brooks and a top 10 pick sure as hell off set that.

Brooks is a ROY candidate and is looking great and by the time the trade goes down NJ will be in too big a hole to climb out. That pick will for sure be around a top 10 pick. Bynum and garbage isn't better then Lopez, Brooks, and a top 10 pick.

The only way Dwight wears a LA uniform is if Bynum and Pau are traded and at that point LA isn't looking all that attractive anymore.

Bynum was the best C in the league starting from last season, especially in the playoffs last year. So far this year, he has become teh #2 option on teh Lakers and is putting up all-star numbers. He is a lock to be the starting C in the west this year in the all-star game, barring injuries of course. His value is on another level as compared to Lopez, and in the end, if Orlando is going to trade Dwight, I have no doubt in my mind their #1 choice would be to acquire Bynum. Sorry but Lopez doesnt hold a candle to Bynum. But at this point, even thats a moot point since Lopez is out for at least a couple of months.

MTar786
01-10-2012, 05:46 PM
the only way i even consider this deal is if we get back dwight, nelson and scola. and also somehow make one of them take on artest

a front line of scola and dwight is still not as good as bynum and gasol IMO. especially since bynum and gasol ALREADY have some chemistry due to being togeter for a few years now.

then maybe we use the odom tpe for someone really good

MTar786
01-10-2012, 05:48 PM
Bynum as the #1 option will give you very similar numbers to Dwight. Obviously hes not as good defensively or nearly as athletic, but he will be a great cornerstone to build around.

dwight is wayyy better defensively.. but bynum is significantly better offensively. dwight is stll better overall.. because offense is the ONLY thing byum has over dwight

LAKERMANIA
01-10-2012, 05:50 PM

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-10-2012, 05:52 PM
Bulls get Dwight
Lakers get Noah/Boozer
Magic get Bynum/Gasol

Works for everyone

lakers would downgrade both players horribly LMFAO:laugh::laugh::laugh:

btw I like how JB says: Works for everyone

trolling?

Rockice_8
01-10-2012, 05:53 PM

Oh Lakers fans you do stick together. I wonder what an unbiased fan would say?

iggypop123
01-10-2012, 05:54 PM
buss has already said it would b silly to offer both. I agree. would be stupid. I trust the horse's mouth than his newspaper

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-10-2012, 05:55 PM

Bynum is so, so much better than Lopez...it isnt even close.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-10-2012, 05:58 PM

depends of the year

ManRam
01-10-2012, 06:00 PM

True. But he's a Grade A Douche.

I hope if we are gonna trade him, we just do it now so our record sucks more than it will as is.

Thing is, our owner doesn't wanna rebuild :sigh:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-10-2012, 06:00 PM

Unbiased fan would say Bynum is 2nd best C in the league and much better player than Lopez.

LAKERMANIA
01-10-2012, 06:01 PM

There's no such thing as an unbiased fan.. Why would Orlando take that deal and attempt to rebuild? When they can have Dwight Howard Jr. and still contend with Jameer giving him the ball?

Smith has said numerous times he isn't looking to rebuild at all..There's your unbiased answer.. It's very biased to be bitter that Laker fans were right this entire time in saying that Bynum is better than Lopez and I still see all the bitter fans who I remember VERY WELL who laughed at that statement.

Greet
01-10-2012, 06:02 PM
Lakers will not lose pau and bynum for just dwight. Zero chance of that.

Only way they do that is if they get an above average pg in return as well. When Derek Fisher is your starting pg in 2012, you need an upgrade badly.

So you expect to get an ABOVE average PG and the BEST C in the NBA? Oh please

beliges
01-10-2012, 06:04 PM
True. But he's a Grade A Douche.

I hope if we are gonna trade him, we just do it now so our record sucks more than it will as is.

Thing is, our owner doesn't wanna rebuild :sigh:

I dont think hes as much as a douche as he is a kid. But he is maturing day by day. Plus, you guys will have a great piece to build around. Hes bigger/longer than Dwight and his post game is already better than Dwight's and he is still getting better and better. Let Dwight win a couple of rings in LA and you guys will be a few players away from contending while having more flexibility than right now.

Greet
01-10-2012, 06:05 PM
True. But he's a Grade A Douche

Believe me, this is a factor. You can't rebuild with Bynum, period. When rebuilding you need to look at three things: potential, character, injury problems.

Bynum fails in 2 of those categories.

beliges
01-10-2012, 06:06 PM
So you expect to get an ABOVE average PG and the BEST C in the NBA? Oh please

Well, if the Lakers give up Bynum AND Pau they will surely get Dwight AND an above average PG. Lakers will be giving up the 2nd best C in the league as well as Pau. They should at the very least get Dwight + A very very good PG.

Greet
01-10-2012, 06:09 PM
Well, if the Lakers give up Bynum AND Pau they will surely get Dwight AND an above average PG. Lakers will be giving up the 2nd best C in the league as well as Pau. They should at the very least get Dwight + A very very good PG.

Oh so the 31 year old PF and the injury prone C who both have RIDICULOUS contracts are going to net you the best Center in the NBA and a very very good PG? Delusional.

5ass
There's no such thing as an unbiased fan.. Why would Orlando take that deal and attempt to rebuild? When they can have Dwight Howard Jr. and still contend with Jameer giving him the ball?

Smith has said numerous times he isn't looking to rebuild at all..There's your unbiased answer.. It's very biased to be bitter that Laker fans were right this entire time in saying that Bynum is better than Lopez and I still see all the bitter fans who I remember VERY WELL who laughed at that statement.

LMAO, Orl would not be contenders. Low seed, 1st round exit in playoffs at best.

MJ-BULLS
Since the Lakers got rid of Lamar Odom... if you do package Andrew Bynum and gasol in a trade for Howard that will be a lot to lose considering you're only getting Howard. in my opinion, the Lakers would be better off getting a point guard instead of trading both pau and bynum, maybe you can only trade one of them.

I know Steve Nash isn't going to request for a trade. But maybe the Lakers should inquire about him. he would be a tremendous fit for their team. considering that their point guard position is the weakest from their starting rotation.

Rockice_8
01-10-2012, 06:11 PM
Bynum is so, so much better than Lopez...it isnt even close.

Wow another LA fan. How about someone without LA or Kobe in their name chimes in.

Lopez finally has a star to play with and he gets hurt. Must be nice playing with Kobe and Pau instead of Humphries and Devin Harris.

beliges
01-10-2012, 06:14 PM
Since the Lakers got rid of Lamar Odom... if you do package Andrew Bynum and gasol in a trade for Howard that will be a lot to lose considering you're only getting Howard. in my opinion, the Lakers would be better off getting a point guard instead of trading both pau and bynum, maybe you can only trade one of them.

I know Steve Nash isn't going to request for a trade. But maybe the Lakers should inquire about him. he would be a tremendous fit for their team. considering that their point guard position is the weakest from their starting rotation.

Well thats just teh thing, Lakers are NOT packaging Bynum and Pau for Dwight. They have already publicly stated they wont. Plus, why would the Lakers add Pau in there if they can get Dwight with just Bynum. No other team has an asset like Bynum to offer. Pau will not be part of the deal and the reason Lakers make this deal is because a Pau+Dwight+Kobe combo will make the Lakers a slight favorite over teh Heat

beliges
01-10-2012, 06:15 PM
Wow another LA fan. How about someone without LA or Kobe in their name chimes in.

Lopez finally has a star to play with and he gets hurt. Must be nice playing with Kobe and Pau instead of Humphries and Devin Harris.

Bynum is better than Lopez. Its not even worth debating. Every single Nets fan will trade Lopez for Bynum straight up in a heartbeat and you seem to be the only person left disputing this fact. Get over it.

5ass

If the lakers are going to get Howard, i think they will give up Pau and Bynum. They will get something else in the deal, other than howard and turk, and i think it will be jameer, or possibly some1 else from a 3rd team. Jameer is actually a good fit with Kobe in the backcourt.

-Kobe24-TJ19-

Good luck trading injured Lopez

DoubleDragon
01-10-2012, 06:18 PM
Unbiased fan would say Bynum is 2nd best C in the league and much better player than Lopez.

Yep. That's a no brainer. Lopez is a nice piece, but c'mon. Not in the same class as Bynum and certainly not Howard. I'd put Joakim Noah ahead of Lopez easily as well.

Bynum and Pau for Howard is just way too much IMO. We need some size left in our front line.

A PG would be nice too (are ya listening D-Will?);)

Now Howard and D Will alongside Mamba? Now we're getting closer to the money:D

IMO, Pau is greatly underestimated, even amongst Laker fans.

Now i forgot my point...what were we talking about?
Curious to see how this all shakes out in the next 2 months.

Cano-Montero...
01-10-2012, 06:20 PM
pls no... rather have Bynum and Pau than dwight alone...

DoubleDragon
01-10-2012, 06:21 PM

Agreed.

ManRam
01-10-2012, 06:22 PM
I dont think hes as much as a douche as he is a kid. But he is maturing day by day. Plus, you guys will have a great piece to build around. Hes bigger/longer than Dwight and his post game is already better than Dwight's and he is still getting better and better. Let Dwight win a couple of rings in LA and you guys will be a few players away from contending while having more flexibility than right now.

Hard to really tell weather or not he's maturing honestly...

He does tower over Dwight. But still...I don't want him :laugh:

Cano-Montero...
01-10-2012, 06:26 PM
If the lakers are going to get Howard, i think they will give up Pau and Bynum. They will get something else in the deal, other than howard and turk, and i think it will be jameer, or possibly some1 else from a 3rd team. Jameer is actually a good fit with Kobe in the backcourt.

actually if we can land jameer and turk and dump walton to another team I would gladly do this deal... Hopefully we dont give up any picks if we trade both pau and drew..

something like this. did not try in in trade machine

Lakers get: Howard, Nelson and Turk
Magic get: Bynum, Scola and Martin
Rockets get: Gasol, walton and 3 million cash

ManRam
01-10-2012, 06:26 PM
pls no... rather have Bynum and Pau than dwight alone...

I'd imagine you'd get other players...at the very least, Hedo.

Fisher/Blake
Kobe/Kopono
Hedo/Barnes/Metta
McBob/Murphy
Dwight

Hell, maybe we'd even part with Jameer...that would make it worth. He'd be the best PG you've had in years...and his shooting ability would be huge.

Still a good amount of depth, and Hedo's ball handling actually would probably be a considerable asset...

Not sure if guys like Caracter or Ebanks etc. would be fillers...but I think that team would be solid. It wouldn't win this year, but convince Dwight to stay and you could fill that roster out pretty well. Every FA would want to go to LA to play with Dwight and Kobe.

xBLAMEITON24x
01-10-2012, 06:27 PM
any one thinking the lakees are including pau for cap relief or to possibly sign another player in free agency possibly a pg

72 Wins
01-10-2012, 06:30 PM
Bynum is better than Lopez. Its not even worth debating. Every single Nets fan will trade Lopez for Bynum straight up in a heartbeat and you seem to be the only person left disputing this fact. Get over it.

Not necessarily. You have to consider that Bynum is injury prone and who knows when he'll be out next. I agree that Bynum is much better and skilled than Lopez, but you really have to put Bynum's history of injuries into consideration. If I was a GM, I would probably take Lopez at this point over Bynum. Lopez's foot injury is nothing compared to Bynum's multiple knee issues.

5ass
01-10-2012, 06:31 PM
I'd imagine you'd get other players...at the very least, Hedo.

Fisher/Blake
Kobe/Kopono
Hedo/Barnes/Metta
McBob/Murphy
Dwight

Hell, maybe we'd even part with Jameer...that would make it worth. He'd be the best PG you've had in years...and his shooting ability would be huge.

Still a good amount of depth, and Hedo's ball handling actually would probably be a considerable asset...

Not sure if guys like Caracter or Ebanks etc. would be fillers...but I think that team would be solid. It wouldn't win this year, but convince Dwight to stay and you could fill that roster out pretty well. Every FA would want to go to LA to play with Dwight and Kobe.

Yes, i think they would end up signing antwan jamison or rashard lewis (if amnestied, which he most likely will be) for the MLE next season to better the PF spot.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-10-2012, 06:31 PM

What are u smoking, lakers FO already said they are not trading pau+bynum for dwight.

Jim Buss said both lakers and magic would laugh their ***** off if one of them offers that to other.

Bruno
01-10-2012, 06:32 PM
Bynum AND Pau for Howard?

no way. dwights not '96 Shaq, he's not worth that kinda package, imo.

naps
01-10-2012, 06:34 PM
So Lakers are basically losing their entire front-court (Pau, Bynum, and Odom), which happened to be the most dominant front-court in the league just for Dwight? I mean Dwight is great and all but he ain't gonna fill the void left by all three.

5ass
01-10-2012, 06:35 PM
What are u smoking, lakers FO already said they are not trading pau+bynum for dwight.

Jim Buss said both lakers and magic would laugh their ***** off if one of them offers that to other.

what you're not getting is that they would be getting other pieces too aside from howard and turk, like maybe Scola or Nelson or some1 else.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-10-2012, 06:35 PM
Yes, i think they would end up signing antwan jamison or rashard lewis (if amnestied, which he most likely will be) for the MLE next season to better the PF spot.

no he wont

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-10-2012, 06:37 PM
what you're not getting is that they would be getting other pieces too aside from howard and turk, like maybe Scola or Nelson or some1 else.

yes in three team deal, no way they are trading both of them to magic

5ass
01-10-2012, 06:41 PM
yes in three team deal, no way they are trading both of them to magic

what did i say? i said they give up both Pau and Bynum i didnt say they would send them to the magic, read carefully before u post dumb cliches like "what are u smoking?"
thnx

Teeboy1487
01-10-2012, 06:45 PM
I swear. I will stop being a Lakers fan if we give up Gasol and Bynum for Dwight. He's not worth both of them. We need PG, not a center.

iggypop123
01-10-2012, 06:46 PM

don't think the rockets want gasol anymore. but if the Lakers trade gasol and bynum, unless they get back scola with Howard the deal wont be made.

beliges
01-10-2012, 06:47 PM
So Lakers are basically losing their entire front-court (Pau, Bynum, and Odom), which happened to be the most dominant front-court in the league just for Dwight? I mean Dwight is great and all but he ain't gonna fill the void left by all three.

No, Lakers are not losing Bynum and Pau. They never offered Bynum and Pau and Buss said they will not in the future offer Bynum and Pau for Dwight. Again, lets all think before we speculate. Lakers have no need to offer Pau as well when no other team can offer a player like Bynum. People are still buying into all these speculation stories. Lakers are not, were never, and will not give up both Bynum and Pau for Dwight. They are trying to put together a Pau, Kobe and Dwight trio which would give teh Lakers the best chance at a championship or two or three.

lakerboy
01-10-2012, 06:50 PM
We don't need to trade Bynum AND Pau. No no no no no. No other team can offer the Orlando Magic a better player than Andrew Bynum. No need to buy a candy for $2 bucks when you can get it for $1.

Otis Smith is just in denial still right now, but he will have to pull the trigger somehow. Believe me, we will have Dwight Howard by season's end. Brook Lopez is injured! :)

Teeboy1487
01-10-2012, 06:51 PM
Bynum AND Pau for Howard?

no way. dwights not '96 Shaq, he's not worth that kinda package, imo.

He's not Prime Shaq in any shape or form. This would be a horrible move by the lakers and we would be a much worse team if this happens. We don't even need Dwight. Even if we trade him for Bynum straight up, we would not improve that much. The Lakers need to focus on getting a point guard.

shep33
01-10-2012, 07:50 PM
Yeah, we really don't need to give up both our bigs for Howard. He can go to the Nets or Mavs or wherever if we're gonna completely gut our roster

Bruno
01-10-2012, 07:52 PM
Bulls get Dwight
Lakers get Noah/Boozer
Magic get Bynum/Gasol

Works for everyone

good one jb.

LAKERMANIA
01-10-2012, 08:24 PM
LMAO, Orl would not be contenders. Low seed, 1st round exit in playoffs at best.

Says you

MTar786
01-10-2012, 08:36 PM
dwight isnt worth gasol and bynum, especially when dwigt wants out AND wont sign an extension.

dwight for bynum is not a fair trade.. but its decent
but
dwight that wants to be traded and will walk for nothing by seasons end is worth it STRAIGHT up for bynum. especially when bynum is by far te best offer they will get from anyone else. unless OKC wants to take their chances

MTar786
01-10-2012, 08:37 PM
He's not Prime Shaq in any shape or form. This would be a horrible move by the lakers and we would be a much worse team if this happens. We don't even need Dwight. Even if we trade him for Bynum straight up, we would not improve that much. The Lakers need to focus on getting a point guard.

prime shaq >>>>> dwight

shep33
01-10-2012, 08:49 PM
prime shaq >>>>> dwight

Without doubt. I wouldn't trade Pau + Drew for D12.

C-Style
01-10-2012, 08:57 PM
That's a bad trade for the Lakers unless they get Scola and Nelson or another PG

lpdunks8
01-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Kobe, Bynum (not even 70% healthy at the time), and Gasol beat Dwight, Nelson, and Turk in the finals.

There is no way I am trading both bigs for DH.

Lakeshow24KB
01-10-2012, 09:10 PM
Lakers are idiots if they do this.

5ass
01-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Says you

Really?
Nelson/Duhon
J-rich/Redick
Q-rich/Clark
Anderson/Davis
Bynum/Davis

That line up can compete in a 7 game series against New York, Miami, Chicago, Boston and Atlanta? No way, they're not contenders, not even close.

Hellcrooner
01-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Kobe, Bynum (not even 70% healthy at the time), and Gasol beat Dwight, Nelson, and Turk in the finals.

There is no way I am trading both bigs for DH.

You mean KObe, PAU and Odom with some trash minutes from bynum defeated the magic?

Yep

LAKERMANIA
01-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Really?
Nelson/Duhon
J-rich/Redick
Q-rich/Clark
Anderson/Davis
Bynum/Davis

That line up can compete in a 7 game series against New York, Miami, Chicago, Boston and Atlanta? No way, they're not contenders, not even close.

Bynum averages 20 and 15 as a second option with Pau with him in the post... Bynum offensively will be by himself, first option will average more and get more minutes..

Oh and Bynum isn't even back in game shape yet... On top of all that, he finally plays with a PG who can give him the ball whenever he asks for it...

They will be the same as this season, 2nd round exit possibly losing to Chicago or Miami but that still makes them contenders because that team is better than NYC and Atlanta

Anything else?

ArmLaker
01-11-2012, 06:09 AM
Really?
Nelson/Duhon
J-rich/Redick
Q-rich/Clark
Anderson/Davis
Bynum/Davis

and if orlando doesn't make the trade and lets dwight walk then your lineup would be
nelson/duhon
j-rich/redick
q-rich/clark
anderson/???
davis/?????

now do you think that lineup would compete against indiana,toronto, or even new jersey? lol you would be in the basement in the east but orlando can always get something in return for dwight and at least remain playoff-bound but i guess thats for otis to decide

Raps18-19 Champ
01-11-2012, 07:07 AM
Rockets would be getting destroyed with that deal.

Scola, Martin and like 2 more people and picks for Pau?

Veto that ****.

kblo247
01-11-2012, 07:15 AM
Bynum averages 20 and 15 as a second option with Pau with him in the post... Bynum offensively will be by himself, first option will average more and get more minutes..

Oh and Bynum isn't even back in game shape yet... On top of all that, he finally plays with a PG who can give him the ball whenever he asks for it...

They will be the same as this season, 2nd round exit possibly losing to Chicago or Miami but that still makes them contenders because that team is better than NYC and Atlanta

Anything else?

Andrew gets 22 and 10 with 2 blocks as a first option on 52% from the field IMO.

I wont bs Magic fans.

The first fact is pg or no pg, if you are a big, your efficency spike with Kobe. It happened with Shaq, Kwame, Mihm, Pau, Lamar, and so on. He gets them great looks and draws attention to the point they get easier buckets than any pg gets a C. Leaving Kobe and having a defender stick to you instead of help on him will alter your percentages, there are less gimmes.

Andrew won't put up 25 largely because he will get doubled and tripled. He struggles with that. He has to learn how to read them and either score on em like Kobe does for instance or dissect em with a pass like Shaq did.

The magic d will also take a hit off sheer mobility. Andrew is the biggest big in the league. He can alter stuff at the rim but pick and roll will leave you vulnerable as he cants make up steps or show off quickness like Dwight does.

Rebounds may be a wash because of sheer size, fundamentals, and length.

All that said, Andrew is the best replacement big out there for the Magic with Dwight set in leaving. He isn't as good, no one is, but he is closer than any other big out there.

Conversely, the big who benefits most if it was Dwight for Drew is Dwight. He comes to a capable front office unlike Orlando. He steps on the court with Kobe and likely will see highs in his fg% and efficency. He moves to a team with better defenders, and yes Fisher is better fundamentally than Nelson on that end but it is offset by the fact Andrew and him don't communicate and are a slow combo on pick and roll coverage. He plays with Pau who he would feed off of much better as Rwight isn't fixated on being a post up scorer and they could switch matchups on the other end when a PF is too fact like Lamar once gave him the option of doing. He would get the spotlight, the chance to go up in the ceiling with the best of the best, and have access to a big in Kareem who is worlds better than Ewing.

That isn't to say Bynum would not have a lot of what he wants. He would be the lone post up option unlike in LA where Kobe and Pau clearly have better skills there. He would get to be the first option on offense and probably get close to 20 shots since he already averages more attempts than Dwight in LAL. He would get to see his name in lights. He would get to go to management and talk about who he wants to help build his team without having the fact they are trying to win around Kobe be priority one. He would get minutes. He also wouldn't be under a microscope with the LA media no longer around him.

kblo247
01-11-2012, 07:17 AM
Rockets would be getting destroyed with that deal.

Scola, Martin and like 2 more people and picks for Pau?

Veto that ****.

Counter would be either they go up or go down instead of in basketball purgatory where they can't get a good pick yet can't make the playoffs. Either they would be a playoff team or a lotto team with no middle ground, which has to be frustrating for management and fans

Raps18-19 Champ
01-11-2012, 07:24 AM
Counter would be either they go up or go down instead of in basketball purgatory where they can't get a good pick yet can't make the playoffs. Either they would be a playoff team or a lotto team with no middle ground, which has to be frustrating for management and fans

They are giving up half their team to get Pau. So they will only go worse than what they already are. At least in the offseason, they would have had cap to sign someone to round out the team. But if they think Gasol has it in him and they can sign someone this off season, it would be decent.

I'd assume the deal be something like this

LAL Receive: Howard, Big Baby or Anderson
Rockets Receive: Gasol, Richardson
Magic: Bynum, Scola, Martin

So LAL gets 2 big men, Rockets get a replacement SG and Magic get Scola as an upgrade from Big Baby or Anderson and Martin as an upgrade from Richardson to accommodate the downgrade from Howard to Bynum.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-11-2012, 07:25 AM
dwight isnt worth gasol and bynum, especially when dwigt wants out AND wont sign an extension.

dwight for bynum is not a fair trade.. but its decent
but
dwight that wants to be traded and will walk for nothing by seasons end is worth it STRAIGHT up for bynum. especially when bynum is by far te best offer they will get from anyone else. unless OKC wants to take their chances

But trading for Howard, in theory, should improve the Lakers chance at the title.

Do you wait but risk the chance at the title?

Cano-Montero...
01-11-2012, 08:45 AM
Never would trade Pau and Drew for Dwight...

Drew, ebanks, puke, cash and picks for Dwight and hedo...

looka09
01-11-2012, 10:50 AM
He's not worth it absolutely.I'd much rather have D-Will but with Bunym on the team.

SoCalKid
01-11-2012, 11:19 AM
If Lakers have to wait till March to get Dwight Howard why would the Lakers give up Pau and Bynum... the Magic will be held at ransom because if they don't trade him at that point they lose him to FA with nothing in return! The Magic front office is dumb, at the beginning of the season they would have for sure got Pau and Bynum for D-12. They put all their faith in being able to get Howard to re-sign. Now because Howard basically chooses where he wants to go, because he must agree to an extension with that team before being traded, the Magic have Nets, Mavericks, and Lakers as trade partners. Lakers with Bynum have the best option to fulfill that void left by Howard out of those teams. Nets have Brook Lopez (who is coming off a broken foot) and the Mav's have no one of equal value because Dirk is untouchable and the rest of the team is a bunch of twilight of their career guys.

Everyone was upset with Lakers brass (including me) for not pulling the trigger on Howard once the deal for Paul was vetoed. But looks like Mitch once again made the right move, because Lakers are still winning games and in contention and may have a front court of D-12 and Pau. Even with old man Fish at the point the Lakers become a favorite again.

rapjuicer06
01-11-2012, 12:47 PM
and if orlando doesn't make the trade and lets dwight walk then your lineup would be
nelson/duhon
j-rich/redick
q-rich/clark
anderson/???
davis/?????

now do you think that lineup would compete against indiana,toronto, or even new jersey? lol you would be in the basement in the east but orlando can always get something in return for dwight and at least remain playoff-bound but i guess thats for otis to decide

I'd rather take that and be a lotto team

They are giving up half their team to get Pau. So they will only go worse than what they already are. At least in the offseason, they would have had cap to sign someone to round out the team. But if they think Gasol has it in him and they can sign someone this off season, it would be decent.

I'd assume the deal be something like this

LAL Receive: Howard, Big Baby or Anderson
Rockets Receive: Gasol, Richardson
Magic: Bynum, Scola, Martin

So LAL gets 2 big men, Rockets get a replacement SG and Magic get Scola as an upgrade from Big Baby or Anderson and Martin as an upgrade from Richardson to accommodate the downgrade from Howard to Bynum.

That was pretty much the exact trade I put up earlier. Would love it, except Turk will be added to the Lakers and no way Anderson is even considered.

IF this deal were to go down, who could Orlando flip Scola and Martin for??

ewmania
01-11-2012, 12:56 PM
Here's what I say

lakers would be so dangerous it wouldn't make any sense lol

howard
scola
artest
kobe
fisher

6th man - turk

can u say ring #7 for kobe... he'd win at least two more

pd1dish
01-11-2012, 01:09 PM
doubt houston still wants to gut half their team for pau since they missed on Marc Gasol in FA.

The best third partner lakers can find is Minnesota

this is what i was thinking....idk why the Rockets would be willing to do this trade. this would screw them

LAKERMANIA
01-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Andrew gets 22 and 10 with 2 blocks as a first option on 52% from the field IMO.

I wont bs Magic fans.

The first fact is pg or no pg, if you are a big, your efficency spike with Kobe. It happened with Shaq, Kwame, Mihm, Pau, Lamar, and so on. He gets them great looks and draws attention to the point they get easier buckets than any pg gets a C. Leaving Kobe and having a defender stick to you instead of help on him will alter your percentages, there are less gimmes.

Andrew won't put up 25 largely because he will get doubled and tripled. He struggles with that. He has to learn how to read them and either score on em like Kobe does for instance or dissect em with a pass like Shaq did.

The magic d will also take a hit off sheer mobility. Andrew is the biggest big in the league. He can alter stuff at the rim but pick and roll will leave you vulnerable as he cants make up steps or show off quickness like Dwight does.

Rebounds may be a wash because of sheer size, fundamentals, and length.

All that said, Andrew is the best replacement big out there for the Magic with Dwight set in leaving. He isn't as good, no one is, but he is closer than any other big out there.

Conversely, the big who benefits most if it was Dwight for Drew is Dwight. He comes to a capable front office unlike Orlando. He steps on the court with Kobe and likely will see highs in his fg% and efficency. He moves to a team with better defenders, and yes Fisher is better fundamentally than Nelson on that end but it is offset by the fact Andrew and him don't communicate and are a slow combo on pick and roll coverage. He plays with Pau who he would feed off of much better as Rwight isn't fixated on being a post up scorer and they could switch matchups on the other end when a PF is too fact like Lamar once gave him the option of doing. He would get the spotlight, the chance to go up in the ceiling with the best of the best, and have access to a big in Kareem who is worlds better than Ewing.

That isn't to say Bynum would not have a lot of what he wants. He would be the lone post up option unlike in LA where Kobe and Pau clearly have better skills there. He would get to be the first option on offense and probably get close to 20 shots since he already averages more attempts than Dwight in LAL. He would get to see his name in lights. He would get to go to management and talk about who he wants to help build his team without having the fact they are trying to win around Kobe be priority one. He would get minutes. He also wouldn't be under a microscope with the LA media no longer around him.

My point was that Drew is still young, he has a lot to learn but for a guy who has a lot to learn and is averaging 18 and 15? He still has a lot more post moves to learn, get in shape, and learn how to react with double teams..

Thats not a bad player at all to have if you're the Magic and if you're going to trade the best center in the league

5ass
01-11-2012, 04:15 PM
My point was that Drew is still young, he has a lot to learn but for a guy who has a lot to learn and is averaging 18 and 15? He still has a lot more post moves to learn, get in shape, and learn how to react with double teams..

Thats not a bad player at all to have if you're the Magic and if you're going to trade the best center in the league

MY point is there is no way a line up of
Nelson/Duhon
J-rich/Redick
Q-rich/Clark
Anderson/Davis
Bynum/Davis

are contenders. They cannot compete with any of the top 4 teams in the east, its just impossible.We will get knocked out in the 1st round, 2nd round AT BEST if EVERYTHING goes right. We dont want to be stuck in mediocrity, its either contending or rebuilding, not neither. I think your throwing the word "contenders" around too loosely to make the trade look better. Our chances of a championship with that line up is ZERO.

rapjuicer06
01-11-2012, 04:17 PM
lakers would be so dangerous it wouldn't make any sense lol

howard
scola
artest
kobe
fisher

6th man - turk

can u say ring #7 for kobe... he'd win at least two more

Why would Orlando do it? Because its easily the best offer possible for Dwight lol

beliges
01-11-2012, 04:17 PM
MY point is there is no way a line up of
Nelson/Duhon
J-rich/Redick
Q-rich/Clark
Anderson/Davis
Bynum/Davis

are contenders. They cannot compete with any of the top 4 teams in the east, its just impossible.We will get knocked out in the 1st round, 2nd round AT BEST if EVERYTHING goes right. We dont want to be stuck in mediocrity, its either contending or rebuilding, not neither. I think your throwing the word "contenders" around too loosely to make the trade look better. Our chances of a championship with that line up is ZERO.

Everything you just said applies to the Magic NOW with Dwight. You guys are stuck in mediocrity now. You guys are a 5 seed and a most likely 1st round exit. Magic have no shot at a title this year with the team currently assembled. At least with Bynum, you get a chance to rebuild around a very good big man without really going through the lottery stages of losing.

koberulesall
01-11-2012, 04:43 PM
I think orlando is getting to desperate, bynum has been killing it the lakers might be able to wait and just trade bynum straight up for howard cause orlando doesnt want to risk not getting anything......then LA could turn around and trade pau for sayyy d.williams.....ok maybe in my wet dream

elonepb
01-11-2012, 04:54 PM
Lakers with Bynum have the best option to fulfill that void left by Howard out of those teams. Nets have Brook Lopez (who is coming off a broken foot) and the Mav's have no one of equal value because Dirk is untouchable and the rest of the team is a bunch of twilight of their career guys.

Actually the Nets have Lopez + MarShon Brooks + 2012 lottery pick (at the deadline) + cap relief for all their bad contracts. That's 3 guys on rookie salaries including a 20PPG center who loves Orlando more than life itself.

But none of this matters because he doesn't really want to play for the Lakers. Unless, of course, you acquire Deron Williams somehow. Those two have a pact.

rapjuicer06
01-11-2012, 04:58 PM
Dwight and Deron do not have a pact lol

jmoney85
01-11-2012, 05:14 PM

keep thinking that

RLundi
01-11-2012, 05:16 PM
Never would trade Pau and Drew for Dwight...

Drew, ebanks, puke, cash and picks for Dwight and hedo...

Get out of here with that nonsense.

elonepb
01-11-2012, 05:19 PM

It's incredibly obvious they do. Ever seen the video from the summer where he pretends to forget Deron's name?

Did you hear about Dwight Howard requesting a trade to the Nets? I mean seriously, the NETS?

And Dallas? He wants a bigger market... so he's going to Dallas?

The pact is there, and probably was talked about back in the Olympics.

rapjuicer06
01-11-2012, 05:43 PM
If it's incredibly obvious they do, why doesn't Deron want to play with Dwight in Orlando? Dwight has talked to Deron about it, and Deron just doesn't want to be in Orlando. Kind of a pact breaker huh?

thekmp211
01-11-2012, 05:46 PM
It's incredibly obvious they do. Ever seen the video from the summer where he pretends to forget Deron's name?

Did you hear about Dwight Howard requesting a trade to the Nets? I mean seriously, the NETS?

And Dallas? He wants a bigger market... so he's going to Dallas?

The pact is there, and probably was talked about back in the Olympics.

dallas is a big market

numba1CHANGsta
01-11-2012, 05:48 PM
Magic get Bynum+picks
Nets get 3-4 players
Rockets get Pau
Lakers get D12+D-Will

problem solved :D

elonepb
01-11-2012, 05:50 PM
If it's incredibly obvious they do, why doesn't Deron want to play with Dwight in Orlando? Dwight has talked to Deron about it, and Deron just doesn't want to be in Orlando. Kind of a pact breaker huh?

Because who is going to trade Deron to the Magic? They have zero assets.

And don't you think they'd rather headline a Brooklyn team in New York City with lots of cap room to build their team with? Same with Dallas, who will basically just have Dirk if they can get rid of Haywood and Marion (Marion will be tough though).

And of course, they just had a publicized dinner together when the Nets visited Orlando.

rapjuicer06
01-11-2012, 08:27 PM
Because who is going to trade Deron to the Magic? They have zero assets.

And don't you think they'd rather headline a Brooklyn team in New York City with lots of cap room to build their team with? Same with Dallas, who will basically just have Dirk if they can get rid of Haywood and Marion (Marion will be tough though).

And of course, they just had a publicized dinner together when the Nets visited Orlando.

Dwight takes every star out to dinner when they come to Orlando, so that doesn't matter

And whether the Nets would trade Williams to Orlando or not is irrelevant. Deron told Dwight, so I've read, that he does not want to play in Orlando. That kinda breaks a pact, does it not?