PDA

View Full Version : Would Bynum stay in Orlando if traded?

billsftw
01-10-2012, 07:09 AM
Bynum has a team option running into next season but after that do you think he would resign with orlando when he could easily demand as much money as Dwight on a championship contender?

Would this be an obstacle to the Magic accepting him in a trade?

Thoughts?

Bruno
01-10-2012, 07:12 AM
really depends on what his options are. maybe his option isn't picked up, maybe he signs with Dallas :shrug:

you know Bynum would love to be a #1 somewhere. Dude could average 25-13 no problem as a #1 somewhere. He also needs to earn his next big contract.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-10-2012, 10:08 AM
He'd be the #1 option there. With his ego, I think he'd stay.

Cal827
01-10-2012, 10:24 AM
I think he would test the market. Assuming he continues to post numbers like this and is able to avoid an injury, he would likely want the most financial security possible. Since he has titles already, that motivation is likely gone. We could basically see the same thing happen to orlando next year as this year lol

Cano-Montero...
01-10-2012, 10:25 AM
He'd be the #1 option there. With his ego, I think he'd stay.

I think I agree with this assessment... Drew really wants to be the no option and I believe magic will do everything to retain him...

shep33
01-10-2012, 10:54 AM
Yes. There have been rumblings in LA before the season starts that Bynum more than anything wants his own team and be the face of a franchise. He wants to prove he can play to the world, at least that's what I was reading/hearing a couple months back

Law25
01-10-2012, 11:17 AM
He also needs to earn his next big contract.http://www.collegefun4u.com/track.php?u=5

Third time is a charm lol I think we get it

Greet
01-10-2012, 11:25 AM
really depends on what his options are. maybe his option isn't picked up, maybe he signs with Dallas :shrug:

you know Bynum would love to be a #1 somewhere. Dude could average 25-13 no problem as a #1 somewhere. He also needs to earn his next big contract.

Dude could also average 0-0 sitting on the bench all season because of injuries. Too much of a risk for Orlando.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-10-2012, 11:32 AM
But but but I thought Brooke Lopez muuuuuuuch greater than Andrew Bynum! ;)

shep33
01-10-2012, 11:32 AM
He also needs to earn his next big contract.http://www.collegefun4u.com/track.php?u=5

haha yes he does, and I think he will considering he knows his injury history (freak accidents by the way on 2 occasions).

310Casper
01-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Laker fan here, and I can tell you by watching every game of theirs, Bynum wants to be the 1 or 2 option, nothing less. He's a huge ..."boy". He's still a kid at heart. He gets frustrated when he doesnt get the ball enough, only because he knows he can easily get 30ppg if he's fed the ball enough.

Being the 3rd/4th option behind kobe and gasol (and odom the past 3 years) has to be frustrating. Put him on a team with a pass happy pg and make bynum the 1st/2nd option and he's in heaven. He's from New Jersey, but i dont see him as the type that has to play in the biggest markets to be happy. As long as he isnt stuck in toronto, milwalkee, or any flyover states, he's fine with most teams that have some chance at success.

Hellcrooner
01-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Yes, he will be delighted with being the number 1 dude ( unless pau goes with him) and wont care a **** for winning games a slong as he is doing 25 ppg.

shep33
01-10-2012, 01:25 PM
Yes, he will be delighted with being the number 1 dude ( unless pau goes with him) and wont care a **** for winning games a slong as he is doing 25 ppg.

Are you serious? This guy was the Lakers MVP from the all-star game on last season. He was an absolute defensive force and their best player in the Hornets series without question.

This guy took his role as the 4th option throughout the years better than most players would. Your being pretty unfair IMO, he's also by far the Lakers' best defensive player and rebounder.

RaiderLakersA's
01-10-2012, 01:54 PM
Bynum has a team option running into next season but after that do you think he would resign with orlando when he could easily demand as much money as Dwight on a championship contender?

Would this be an obstacle to the Magic accepting him in a trade?

Thoughts?

No, Mark Cuban will want him with the Mavs. Or the Heat will want him. Or the Bulls.

JordansBulls
01-10-2012, 02:32 PM
Considering he has rings now, he will want to be the man and make a lot of money. Why stay somewhere to be a role player once you have titles already and you could make more elsewhere and play a bigger role?

billsftw
01-10-2012, 04:45 PM
But but but I thought Brooke Lopez muuuuuuuch greater than Andrew Bynum! ;)

sure you sing when Lopez is injured but were you saying this last year. doubt it.

billsftw
01-10-2012, 04:46 PM
No, Mark Cuban will want him with the Mavs. Or the Heat will want him. Or the Bulls.

How the **** would the Heat sign him? Don't say that discounted bullcrap because we actually do get players discounted.

LAKERMANIA
01-10-2012, 04:54 PM
sure you sing when Lopez is injured but were you saying this last year. doubt it.

Saying Brooke was better than Bynum last season sounded ******** too..

kobebabe
01-10-2012, 05:09 PM
I can assure you all he would be concerned about is making a big pay check and being the "man". Winning will not have much weight on his decisions now that he has several championships. So whoever pays him the most wins! If it is Orlando, he would stay

FriedTofuz
01-10-2012, 05:11 PM
Laker fan here, and I can tell you by watching every game of theirs, Bynum wants to be the 1 or 2 option, nothing less. He's a huge ..."boy". He's still a kid at heart. He gets frustrated when he doesnt get the ball enough, only because he knows he can easily get 30ppg if he's fed the ball enough.

Being the 3rd/4th option behind kobe and gasol (and odom the past 3 years) has to be frustrating. Put him on a team with a pass happy pg and make bynum the 1st/2nd option and he's in heaven. He's from New Jersey, but i dont see him as the type that has to play in the biggest markets to be happy. As long as he isnt stuck in toronto, milwalkee, or any flyover states, he's fine with most teams that have some chance at success.

whats so wrong about toronto, I remember there was trade rumors going on for him to be trade for bosh, but when did bynum say he hated toronto. Also, Toronto has practically the same weatheras new jersey, why would he hate toronto lol

GrapeSoda
01-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Yea I bet he would stay, if you do a straight up Bynum for Dwight swap he could average around 20-28 PPG, 12-15 RPG 2+ BPG easily, that team is really just all straight spot up shooters. As somebody said above he has already gotten his rings, he just wants a max contract and 15+ shots a game, Magic can easily fulfill those needs.

uprightciti
01-10-2012, 05:45 PM
trading howard for bynum and gasol is the worst move the lakers could make

it gives the lakers a -8 for the trade
and
orlando +4

so stupid

rhymeratic
01-10-2012, 05:50 PM
Bynum would probably want to go back to his hometown team of NJ Nets or aka Brooklyn Nets or possibly Knicks after. And I'm being truly sincere and serious.

numba1CHANGsta
01-10-2012, 05:53 PM
yes because he will want max money

LAKERMANIA
01-10-2012, 05:54 PM
Bynum would probably want to go back to his hometown team of NJ Nets or aka Brooklyn Nets or possibly Knicks after. And I'm being truly sincere and serious.

I would do the same if I were him, but watching Bynum since his rookie season (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd-FLEDTfao), he has an ego problem, and would love to be completely on his own with maybe a good PG to give him the ball whenever he wants, instead of playing in NJ/Brooklyn with an inferior Brook Lopez ;)

And BTW I am assuming that if the Lakers trade Bynum for Dwight, then Deron wont stay in NJ hence why he would rather stay in Orlando than play with Lopez and no PG

GrapeSoda
01-10-2012, 05:56 PM
trading howard for bynum and gasol is the worst move the lakers could make

it gives the lakers a -8 for the trade
and
orlando +4
so stupid

this is what you are basing your decision on :eyebrow:

THE MTL
01-10-2012, 07:24 PM
He'll stay. Usually the young future allstar prospect ends up staying with the new team. I expect Eric Gordon to do the same as well.

Plus, he'll be number one option with his every-growing ego along with the significant amount of money Orlando can offer (...and WILL offer him cause they love overspending) he'll def stay.

MTar786
01-10-2012, 08:38 PM
im positive he would stay there. he has made it clear that he would prefer to have his own team

MTar786
01-10-2012, 08:40 PM
if they build around bynum i could see orlando being a consistent 4th or 5th seed in the east with the right pieces around him. bynum just needs to learn how to pass.. he is very selfish. and how to pass out of double teams as well. mayb some defense too. but besides that offensively he is a beast. oh.. he needs better conditioning too

smith&wesson
01-10-2012, 08:52 PM
depends on what they plan to put around him. he may very well stay as being the numbe one option and having some decent players on the squad already like nelson and ryan.

reffahead
01-10-2012, 09:30 PM
He's due to make 16 million, so there's no going down from that. Orlando is looking at a 5 year 90 million deal. Unless someone will give him 100 million I suspect some team will.

kylem4711
01-10-2012, 11:40 PM
how could he not stay? he loves handycapped parking and there is a ton there

LA_Raiders
01-11-2012, 03:26 AM
First Orlando needs to trade Howard, They need to trade him in a month or they will lose him.... Orl GM is an *******. Trade him already....

soundjunkies2
01-11-2012, 03:53 AM
Considering he's already won early in his career I don't see him leaving to purse it. He wants his own team so I think he stays.

Hellcrooner
01-11-2012, 03:58 AM
in other news he has been pretty mediocre the last three games when confronted to some real centers instead of undersized and soft front courts.

beasted86
01-11-2012, 04:05 AM
When Bynum starts getting doubled on a nightly basis with nobody to take pressure off him, and is facing real defensive responsibility to not just go in there and throw his size around and foul out... he'd get frustrated taking on that role and would leave.

All it would take is 1 season of it before he'd be gone. Any trade would have to be conditional on signing an extension, or else the Magic are better off taking Lopez and picks.

celmxc
01-11-2012, 04:47 AM
... i think he wants to prove that he can be an allstar or elite player. thats why he will stay in Orlando for the same money Dwight demmands

shep33
01-11-2012, 04:56 AM
Problem with him is he's facing double and triple teams now, and he admittedly said he needs to do better when he sees them. LA's problem is that they can't shoot to save their life. Outside of Kobe and maybe Steve Blake nobody can hit a perimeter shot on this team. This allows teams to double on Bynum and just leave Fisher, Artest, etc. wide open from the perimeter.

beasted86
01-11-2012, 12:18 PM
Well all I know is right this second, Derek Fisher at 39 is probably as good as Jameer Nelson.

And there's no player remotely close to the caliber of Kobe on the Magic, so when the double teams start coming, or their garbage guards can't get the ball to Bynum in the spots he wants, he will get frustrated as the losses start piling up.