PDA

View Full Version : Heat's James, Lakers' Bryant named Players of the Week

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-10-2012, 06:48 AM
The Miami Heat's LeBron James and the Los Angeles Lakers' Kobe Bryant today were named the Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week, respectively, for games played Monday, Jan. 2, through Sunday, Jan. 8.

James helped the Heat to a 3-1 week, leading Miami in scoring in all three contests in which he appeared.
James averaged 31.0 points on .607 shooting from the field, to go along with 9.3 assists, 7.3 rebounds and 1.33 steals. James' 33-point, 13-assist double-double keyed Miami's largest win of the week, a 118-83 victory over Indiana on Jan. 4.
Bryant guided the Lakers to a 3-1 week, including wins over Houston, Golden State and Memphis. Bryant's 33.0 point average led the league, and he added 6.3 assists while playing a team-high 38.0 minutes. Bryant, who eclipsed the 30-point plateau in three of the Lakers' four games, tallied a season-high 39 points on 13-of-28 shooting during a 97-90 win over the Warriors on Jan. 6.
Here is a recap of the week for James and Bryant:
LeBron James, Miami Heat
Jan. 2 vs. Atlanta: Recorded 28 points, seven rebounds and six assists in a 100-92 loss to Atlanta.
Jan. 4 vs. Indiana: Tallied 33 points, 13 assists, eight rebounds and two steals in a 118-83 win over the Pacers.
Jan. 7 @ New Jersey: Posted 32 points, nine assists, seven rebounds and two steals in a 101-90 win over the Nets.
Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
Jan. 3 vs. Houston: Tallied 37 points, eight rebounds and six assists in a 108-99 win over the Rockets.
Jan. 6 vs. Golden State: Scored a season-high 39 points and added seven assists during a 97-90 victory over the Warriors.
Jan. 8 vs. Memphis: Posted 26 points and chipped in with nine assists as the Lakers notched a 90-82 victory over the Grizzlies.
Other nominees for the Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week were Chicago's Carlos Boozer, Indiana's Roy Hibbert, Los Angeles Clippers' Blake Griffin, Miami's Chris Bosh, Minnesota's Kevin Love, Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant, Philadelphia's Jrue Holiday, Phoenix's Steve Nash, Portland's LaMarcus Aldridge and San Antonio's Richard Jefferson.

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/01/09/players-of-the-week/

Bruno
01-10-2012, 06:57 AM
bryant has been great in the past four games. 33 ppg, 6, 5, 3 to's on 50% shooting. and don't look now but he's averaging a career high in assists per game. take away his abysmal performances against Denver in those back to backs and he's been brilliant thus far. take away those games vs denver and his TS% is elite, his PER is pushing 30.0 and his ws/48 is well above .200. he needs to lay off those threes though.

LBJ has been out of this world. easily the MVP so far.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-10-2012, 07:07 AM
It blows my mind why is kobe chucking so much threes, he's well over .500 inside the arc...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-10-2012, 07:08 AM
bryant has been great in the past four games. 33 ppg, 6, 5, 3 to's on 50% shooting. and don't look now but he's averaging a career high in assists per game. take away his abysmal performances against Denver in those back to backs and he's been brilliant thus far. take away those games vs denver and his TS% is elite, his PER is pushing 30.0 and his ws/48 is well above .200. he needs to lay off those threes though.

ballhog:rolleyes:

Bruno
01-10-2012, 07:14 AM
It blows my mind why is kobe chucking so much threes, he's well over .500 inside the arc...

it kills me. because it kills my fantasy numbers, and it allows people to say that his shot selection is horrible and that he's not getting his teammates involved.

bryants shot selection has been brilliant from inside the arc. but it goes in vain when he's chucking 4.5 3's a game on 20%. this team doesn't need him spreading the floor. LAL needs him to be efficient from inside the arc, and to feed bigs (which he's been doing), they don't need him chucking from behind the line. it's just not practical, and his % makes the argument.

he's been facilitating the offense as good as ever, his assists numbers don't lie.

Green Storm
01-10-2012, 07:33 AM
But according to everyone in the NBA forum Kobe Bryant sucks and is bad for the Lakers.

Law25
01-10-2012, 08:05 AM
Alot of Kobe's threes are agianst the shot clock or if the other team is building big leads on us by hitting threes.I think as the team gets more familiar with the offence ther will be less threes by him. Dont get me wrong he does chuck some. I think Kobe's takes personal when players are hitting three against him or the team and he does the get back at you three which are fun if he hits them but pisses me off when he dosent becuase its a bad shot. Overall I think he's playin great ball and think he and the team will get better.

Bruno
01-10-2012, 08:20 AM
But according to everyone in the NBA forum Kobe Bryant sucks and is bad for the Lakers.

he isn't the most liked guy outside of Los Angeles, New York or China.

Bulls_fan90
01-10-2012, 08:23 AM
Well deserved by kobe. Good to see Boozer nominated, he's been balling. We should still amnesty him and start Taj though :rolleyes:

theheatles
01-10-2012, 09:24 AM
congrats to LeBron and Kobe...so Miami had 1 and 2 in the east?

BALLER R
01-10-2012, 09:51 AM
he isn't the most liked guy outside of Los Angeles, New York or China.
Not sure about the larger population but he gets love from Toronto too. There are so many Kobe fans out here

Raps18-19 Champ
01-10-2012, 09:58 AM
Should have been Bargnani. :pity:

Dolfan305
01-10-2012, 11:01 AM
Lebron has just been stupid good.

Greet
01-10-2012, 11:02 AM

You can't just "take away" his worst game.

daleja424
01-10-2012, 01:32 PM

Yup. You take away Lebron's worst two games and his PER would be pushing 40....

Inconsistancy is part of AVERAGES.

RaiderLakersA's
01-10-2012, 01:58 PM
I'm sure neither player cares about the accolade, but good for them.

Now if we could only fast forward to the playoffs.

WadeKobe
01-10-2012, 02:13 PM
I'm sure neither player cares about the accolade, but good for them.

Now if we could only fast forward to the playoffs.

It's definitely tough as a Heat fan. I know we're going to be a top 4 seed, so let's just get it over with and start the playoffs, lol. Right now we're just going through the motions.

RaiderLakersA's
01-10-2012, 02:30 PM
It's definitely tough as a Heat fan. I know we're going to be a top 4 seed, so let's just get it over with and start the playoffs, lol. Right now we're just going through the motions.

Being a Lakers fan for over 35+ years, that's how I feel every year.

For some teams the regular season is as good as it gets. But if you're a fan of an organization that has won double-digit championships -- and have actually been around to see most of them played -- the REAL season doesn't begin until the playoffs. The regular season starts to feel like an autobahn network with nothing but speed bumps and rumble strips between you and the next exit 82 miles away.

beliges
01-10-2012, 02:42 PM

Yup, thats what happens when your team is great. But sit back and enjoy watching the careers of Wade and LBJ. Both special players. Its very rare you get to see great players of that caliber on your own team. I admit that teh season is a little less exciting if you know your team is making the FInals, but enjoy the ride there. Its crazy how quickly the years go by and you get immune to seeing greatness when you get to watch it on your own team every night. Enjoy the show.

beliges
01-10-2012, 02:44 PM
LBJ's been the best in the East thus far and Kobe's been the best in the West. Nice awards but nobody really cares. Though I must say, Kobe's looking much better than he did last season so far in this short season. We'll see if this continues.

Bruno
01-10-2012, 06:39 PM

Yup. You take away Lebron's worst two games and his PER would be pushing 40....

Inconsistancy is part of AVERAGES.

ha.

never did. just pointing out that he's had eight good games and two horrible ones.

but thanks, I forgot what averages were. and yes, LBJS would be even more off the charts if you took away his worst two games. you could apply that to a lot of players.

Bruno
01-10-2012, 06:41 PM
Not sure about the larger population but he gets love from Toronto too. There are so many Kobe fans out here

thanks for the heads-up. ive never been to Toronto, can't speak from experience.

Tmath
01-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Bargnani got snubbed.

MTar786
01-10-2012, 08:45 PM
lebron has easily been the best in the nba this season.. followed by kobe and then durant
bynum has been impressive too

jam
01-11-2012, 03:25 AM
LeBron is going to walk away with the mvp this year, easily.

With the mavs in total disarray, the Heat have to be favored to win it all. I'm looking forward to a heat/thunder finals.

LA_Raiders
01-11-2012, 03:35 AM
Dont forget about Wade. He is back and had a great game... He is comin back for his team....