PDA

View Full Version : If the 2010 draft was done over...

Detroit's Time
01-09-2012, 11:35 PM
Would Greg Monroe be the #2 overall pick? He had a solid rookie season and has really built off that this season and really enhanced his low-post game. He seems to has really flown under the radar compared to other centers in today's game. I'd like to hear other people's opinions, but if this isn't thread worthy feel free to lock it.

Cal827
01-09-2012, 11:40 PM
I'd probably put him between 2nd or 3rd (Toss up between him and Wall..don't like what I've seen from him in terms of improvement).

1. Paul George
2. Wall/Monroe
3. Monroe/Wall
4. Demarcus Cousins (basket case but has good potential still)
5. The rest of Paul George.

The_Jamal
01-09-2012, 11:46 PM
DeMarcus Cousins will be the best player from that draft. Hell, he's playing better than most of them already

Swashcuff
01-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Now looking back I'm pretty certain we'd take Monroe. I'm confident Evan will become a quality player within the very near future but Monroe is better right now and fills a larger void for our team (though Spencer Hawes has been playing amazingly this season).

Phenomenonsense
01-09-2012, 11:58 PM
DeMarcus Cousins will be the best player from that draft. Hell, he's playing better than most of them already

Only he isn't playing better than Monroe. 14/10/6 in 27 minutes tonight, and he wasn't limited in minutes by PFs unlike Cousins. I actually have no idea why he wasn't in.

StriveGreatness
01-10-2012, 12:07 AM
I'd probably put him between 2nd or 3rd (Toss up between him and Wall..don't like what I've seen from him in terms of improvement).

1. Paul George
2. Wall/Monroe
3. Monroe/Wall
4. Demarcus Cousins (basket case but has good potential still)
5. The rest of Paul George.

Paul George at #1? :confused:

Gram
01-10-2012, 12:11 AM

He's 6-10, why wouldn't you draft him?

beasted86
01-10-2012, 12:16 AM

^This. :punish:

NYKnicks4511
01-10-2012, 12:29 AM

YEAH!!! Except Amar'e grew to 6'11 so Paul George is still a scrub

dee279
01-10-2012, 12:32 AM
Well he was 6'8 at the time of the draft... But! Paul George has the mind power to go in executives heads and make them draft him just because the simple fact he had a late growth spur. With that comes invincibility. Paul George will become the G.O.A.T.

GrandDaddyPurp
01-10-2012, 01:12 AM
I agree but that would put DeMarcus Cousins as the first overall. He's the best player from the 2010 draft.

Gators123
01-10-2012, 01:50 AM
Monroe is having a very nice season so far.

15.4 PPG
8.7 RPG
3.0 APG

24.6 PER

Cal827
01-10-2012, 03:38 AM

The guy is going to be legendary. He's already 6-10. A few more growth spurts and he'll be able to jump over mount Everest in a single bow. I guess I should have been more direct with my results

1. Paul George's Pituitary Gland
5. Rest of Paul George.

Cal827
01-10-2012, 03:40 AM
Back to the actual point though. Monroe has looked great for where he was picked. Anybody surprised by how bad Wall has been. I mean I understand that the Wiz are bad, but still. 35% from the field?

THE GIPPER
01-10-2012, 04:19 AM
Wall would still be #1. Monroe is looking very good but its too early to tell who will be the best big out of Cousins, Favors and Monroe.

shep33
01-10-2012, 04:31 AM
I'd go Paul George at #1 also... he's already grown to 6'10, in 3 years he'll be like 8'11 and completely own everybody

PrettyBoyJ
01-10-2012, 04:39 AM
Monroe prob. go 2nd he has a lot of potential

John Walls Era
01-10-2012, 04:43 AM
All the Kings fans and Cousinsduo think the exact same.

Fireworld
01-10-2012, 04:52 AM
Don't forget Rubio was in that draft. I think RR would be the second overall pick.

dhopisthename
01-10-2012, 05:05 AM
Don't forget Rubio was in that draft. I think RR would be the second overall pick.

no he wasnt

Knicks21
01-10-2012, 05:06 AM

He wasn't 6ft 10 at the time.

The_Jamal
01-10-2012, 05:08 AM
All the Kings fans and Cousinsduo think the exact same.

Lolz, because Wall's live up to his ridiculous hype has he? He's been a lot worse than Cousins in his pro career up to this point

FarOutIos
01-10-2012, 05:22 AM
As a kings fan... I gotta say I always liked what Monroe brought to the table. I still do think that Cousins has a higher ceiling... just don't know if he will ever get near his potential.

Since the coaching change, though, he has been absolutely great. So if this continues, I think he will be better than Monroe. If he reverts to his old ways, then Monroe is better.

Either way, I think both are good players and it is a close call. Monroe right now seems to be better offensively. While Cousins has been better defensively.

John Walls Era
01-10-2012, 05:24 AM
Lolz, because Wall's live up to his ridiculous hype has he? He's been a lot worse than Cousins in his pro career up to this point

^^^ Example of when someone can't make a case. I didn't mention Wall at all (Ad hominem), but he couldn't make a case for Cousins, so he needs to make a case against John Wall... which doesn't even make sense since time and time again I have shown to be the most objective person on this site (not that its an achievement).

But if you wanna talk John Wall then lets talk John Wall: I looked at both their stats and that alone I would take Wall. Lets then take into consideration the garbage team the Wizards are.... yeah I'll stand by it. We can also talk about character, but I think you rather I don't go there.

FarOutIos
01-10-2012, 05:29 AM
Either way... this is way too soon to even talk about who is the best player yet. They are all developing still... and it does seem like there was some decent talent in the class.

I think you really need to wait at least a few years before you can know who should have been taken 2nd in that draft. Unlike the 2003 draft...

The_Jamal
01-10-2012, 05:56 AM
^^^ Example of when someone can't make a case. I didn't mention Wall at all (Ad hominem), but he couldn't make a case for Cousins, so he needs to make a case against John Wall... which doesn't even make sense since time and time again I have shown to be the most objective person on this site (not that its an achievement).

But if you wanna talk John Wall then lets talk John Wall: I looked at both their stats and that alone I would take Wall. Lets then take into consideration the garbage team the Wizards are.... yeah I'll stand by it. We can also talk about character, but I think you rather I don't go there.

I was comparing Cousins to the "unanimous #1 pick" when in reality, Wall hasn't nearly lived up to the hype. Take it as an ad hominem attack if you wish.

I'm curious how you came to the conclusion that Wall has played better than Cousins. Other than his passing ability, he's been garbage in every other statistical offensive category. He has been solid defensively, but any contribution he's made on that end is nullified by how terrible his offensive numbers are
Cousins on the other hand, while still struggling a bit offensively, has become a pretty good defender this season. He's doubled his block %, leads the league in offensive rebounding, is 7th overall in the NBA in rebounding, has a PER of 22.7 and developed a real knack for taking a lot of charges. He's been playing a ton better under Coach Smart who's reigned him in and given him direction to follow. He needs to work on his foul problem sure, but his p/36 numbers of 20-14-2blocks-2steals should give you an idea how dominant he can be if he stays on the floor

You really should at least try to know whole situation with Cousins/Westphal before you comment on his "character issues." Being the most objective poster that you are should lead you to believe that the Cousins situation was way overblown and they're was A LOT going on that didn't come out in the media. Westphal basically lost the respect of this team mid-way last year and was trying to defer blame for the Kings sucking off on Cousins. Yes, Cousins needs to keep his emotions in check, but that sort of buisiness should not be leaked out to the media like Westphal did. He alienated the players and you'll see how badly the quit on him in his final games of coaching

By the way, using the "my team sucks worse than yours" with the Kings really doesn't mean much. We might be a little better at this point, but it's not like Cousins is surrounded by a playoff veteran team and a hall of fame coach. The Kings are the youngest team in the NBA who already fired their head Coach and just lost our team leader Chuck Hayes for 3-4 weeks. The team situations are basically equal

Shammyguy3
01-10-2012, 06:11 AM
You do realize Cousins sucks right? The guy has a 49.9ts% as a 6'11" power forward for crying out loud.

billsftw
01-10-2012, 07:05 AM

sure kings fans say this now but when he leaves they;ll be singing a different tune
are all fans in the California region this bad?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-10-2012, 07:12 AM

I dont take centers who shoot .400 from the field seriously, especially if they take 15 shots per game.

Bulls_fan90
01-10-2012, 08:33 AM
Paul George.

Jint.
01-10-2012, 08:54 AM
Wall still goes 1st.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-10-2012, 10:54 AM

are you kidding me?

Mishmin
01-10-2012, 11:13 AM
Wall's struggling right now, but he's clearly the #1 pick in that draft. George, Monroe, Cousins.. all tied for second.

The_Jamal
01-10-2012, 03:43 PM
I have yet to hear a legitimate argument about how Wall has been better the Cousins or Monroe

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-10-2012, 03:47 PM
I have yet to hear a legitimate argument about how Wall has been better the Cousins or Monroe

Wall's rookie season>Cousins' and Monroe's rookie season

thats pretty much it

GThawks
01-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Everybody is underestimating Favors. He will be an all star in a few years.

Hawkeye15
01-10-2012, 05:53 PM
Wall
Monroe
Cousins
Favors
George
Turner
Davis

who cares about the rest at the moment. That is my order.

Hawkeye15
01-10-2012, 05:54 PM

Wall hasn't been this season. But his upside is far superior to either.

ramz.n
01-10-2012, 05:58 PM
how bout some love for ed davis..slipped all the way to the raptors at #13.

The_Jamal
01-10-2012, 06:05 PM
Wall hasn't been this season. But his upside is far superior to either.

With Monroe I agree, but Cousins has just as much potential as Wall. His P/36 numbers this season give you an idea how dominant he can be if he figures out how to stay out of foul trouble.

GrapeSoda
01-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Wall
Monroe
Cousins
Favors
George
Turner
Davis

who cares about the rest at the moment. That is my order.

Wall
Cousins
Favors
Monroe
George
Turner

Basically agree, I am just going of potential upside and I think that Cousins/Favors have more than Monroe .. all 3 are very, very close to each other on my list IMO kind of like a 2a. 2b. 2c.

Corey
01-10-2012, 06:14 PM
Mine, personally:

1. John Wall

2. DeMarcus Cousins

3. Greg Monroe

4. Evan Turner

5. Ed Davis

6. Paul George

7. Derrick Favors

8. Wesley Johnson

9. Gordon Hayward

10. Jordan Crawford

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-10-2012, 06:29 PM
With Monroe I agree, but Cousins has just as much potential as Wall. His P/36 numbers this season give you an idea how dominant he can be if he figures out how to stay out of foul trouble.

6.8 fouls per36, that must be league high

OlivaThor
01-10-2012, 06:36 PM
Monroe, Cousins > Wall

The_Jamal
01-10-2012, 06:37 PM
6.8 fouls per36, that must be league high

Why does Wall get a pass on his turnover rate+atrocious shooting but Cousins doesn't?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-10-2012, 06:45 PM
Why does Wall get a pass on his turnover rate+atrocious shooting but Cousins doesn't?

cmon one of them plays PG and other is C, guess who handles the ball more?

per36

Wall 3.7 TO
Cousins 4.2 TO...yikes

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-10-2012, 06:50 PM
About the shooting...

DMC shot .430 in his rookie year while Wall shot .410...Again DMC is one of the worst shooting Centers in the league(dont know the stats about the average FG% for C's, but it must be over 50%)

.410 isnt that bad but it isnt good either( again I'm guessing the average NBA PG shoots around 45% from field maybe less idk, but you get the point)

Wall in his rookie year blows DMC out of the water, simple as that.

Sactown
01-10-2012, 06:54 PM
cmon one of them plays PG and other is C, guess who handles the ball more?

per36

Wall 3.7 TO
Cousins 4.2 TO...yikes

Doesn't TOV% dictate that? and Wall has the higher TOV%
While Cousins has the higher Usage%

so doesn't that explain the turnover thing?

SteveNash
01-10-2012, 07:00 PM
Monroe has plays no defense and has a limited upside. Monroe outplaying Cousins at this stage wouldn't be much of a shock to anyone that was drafting in 2010.

Iodine
01-10-2012, 07:01 PM
Gotta love that a thread about greg monroe becomes Wall vs. Cousins.

Oh and before the draft I was hoping Grog would go to No Jorsoy because I thought he had the talent for the 3rd pick. Detroit got quite the grab with him

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-10-2012, 07:06 PM
Doesn't TOV% dictate that? and Wall has the higher TOV%
While Cousins has the higher Usage%

so doesn't that explain the turnover thing?

it explains a little, but still a PG handles the ball so much more than a C.
Centers usually have less TOs than perimeter player but DMC's and Wall's TOV% is pretty much the same...so dont think thats good. Cousins turns the ball over way too much considering what position he plays.

aussiepiston
01-10-2012, 07:06 PM
Monroe has plays no defense and has a limited upside. Monroe outplaying Cousins at this stage wouldn't be much of a shock to anyone that was drafting in 2010.

I'm gonna go right ahead and assume you don't watch the Pistons much. Monroe may not rack up stats defensively (blocks/steals), but he is at least a competent defender of the pick and roll and guarding close to the basket. He won't set the world on fire, but he gets his job done as best he can in a poor team

cooters22
01-10-2012, 07:10 PM

I wouldn't choose him in a million years in a redraft if I knew eventually he was going to cost me my job.

BronxBomber300
01-10-2012, 07:18 PM

Size is always a great thing to have in a young talent, but I would still have to rank Wall, Monroe and Cousins over him. However I would take Paul George over Cousins, because George is much more stable and reliable than Cousins unpredictable personality.

SteveNash
01-10-2012, 07:21 PM
I'm gonna go right ahead and assume you don't watch the Pistons much. Monroe may not rack up stats defensively (blocks/steals), but he is at least a competent defender of the pick and roll and guarding close to the basket. He won't set the world on fire, but he gets his job done as best he can in a poor team

Watch plenty of Monroe. He plays too far off on P&R a lot of times and is too slow. A poor team needs some shot blocking that Monroe doesn't provide. He would only be considered competent on a good defensive team that doesn't require a lot of help and has the luxury of going against weak Centers on a nightly basis.

Sactown
01-10-2012, 07:24 PM
it explains a little, but still a PG handles the ball so much more than a C.
Centers usually have less TOs than perimeter player but DMC's and Wall's TOV% is pretty much the same...so dont think thats good. Cousins turns the ball over way too much considering what position he plays.

Yeah I know, but it shows that they turn the ball over at the same % and Cousins isn't handing the ball off twice as often as Wall is like it seemed you were trying to illuminating too. It's no secret Cousins turns the ball over, but he also makes more plays off the dribble than any other C in the league.. he tries to play a little more PG than he should be, but it seems Keith Smart is using him in the post more often which is good.

2-ONE-5
01-10-2012, 07:28 PM

Even if Rubio was in the 2010 draft the Sixers would not of taken him.

Corey
01-10-2012, 07:31 PM
Forgot all about Rubio.

kozelkid
01-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Forgot all about Rubio.

What's there to forget about him? He was in the 2009 draft...

CousinsEvansDUO
01-10-2012, 07:44 PM
Wow are you guys insane? Have you watched any kings games the past I don't know..two games? Cousins has been an absolute MONSTER. As good as Howard/Bynum. A TRUE dominant center. Yeah his stat sheet might not be amazing, but that is only because of young immaturity, because of fouling out all the time. None of that matters, it will fix itself with time as he ages. Right now he's playing like 20 minutes yet he averages 15/15 and is the true defensive anchor of the kings. Monroe is a solid player but he is more like a tyson chandler type of guy. Cousins is playing like a mix between Shaq and Tmac.

Hawkeye15
01-10-2012, 07:46 PM

physically he MIGHT. But I can't believe at this point anyone thinks the kid will reach his potential with that brain on him. Besides, he is still a foul machine who plays with way too much emotion. I just don't think he will ever realize his full potential. My personal opinion. Defend his immaturity if you like, but sports are 70% mental dude.

SlimKid
01-10-2012, 07:54 PM
CousinsEvansDUO:
"Cousins is playing like a mix between Shaq and Tmac."

Just when I thought I've heard it all..

Hawkeye15
01-10-2012, 07:59 PM
Wow are you guys insane? Have you watched any kings games the past I don't know..two games? Cousins has been an absolute MONSTER. As good as Howard/Bynum. A TRUE dominant center. Yeah his stat sheet might not be amazing, but that is only because of young immaturity, because of fouling out all the time. None of that matters, it will fix itself with time as he ages. Right now he's playing like 20 minutes yet he averages 15/15 and is the true defensive anchor of the kings. Monroe is a solid player but he is more like a tyson chandler type of guy. Cousins is playing like a mix between Shaq and Tmac.

I honestly hope you are kidding with your posting style about the Kings and their players. Alas, I don't think you are...

StriveGreatness
01-10-2012, 07:59 PM

Worst comparison ever.

Just quit posting.

Iodine
01-10-2012, 08:00 PM
CousinsEvansDUO:
"Cousins is playing like a mix between Shaq and Tmac."

Just when I thought I've heard it all..
I was actually in the middle of quoting his post when I read that and just shoved shards of plastic through my scrotum.

And Hawkeye brings up a solid point, yes if DMC reaches his potential he will **** **** up, but the odds of that have always been lower than Monroe reaching his lower ceiling, and right now the floor for both heavily favors Monroe

Iodine
01-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Worst comparison ever.

Just quit posting.

That's not even the worst comparison he has done today probably

NYKNYGNYY
01-10-2012, 08:07 PM
cousins has so much potential imagine he wasnt a nutcase??

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-10-2012, 08:08 PM

:laugh2:

The_Jamal
01-10-2012, 08:23 PM
physically he MIGHT. But I can't believe at this point anyone thinks the kid will reach his potential with that brain on him. Besides, he is still a foul machine who plays with way too much emotion. I just don't think he will ever realize his full potential. My personal opinion. Defend his immaturity if you like, but sports are 70% mental dude.

I 100% agree. I've watched every Kings game this season and Cousins honestly looks a lot better on the court. He hasn't been whining about every damn call and he hustles his *** off when he's on the floor. While the Westphal situation is certainly inexcuseable, the fact remains the Westphal left Cousins out to dry and tried to save his job by going to the media. He wasn't the only one who fought with Westphal, just the most vocal We'll see what happens with Smart, but every indication has him trusting and respecting Coach Smart by his recent interviews.

Cousins has a long way to go still mainly becoming more efficient and staying out of foul trouble. If he can do those things while getting his maturity in check, there's maybe 3 other bigs in basketball i'd rather have than Cousins

The_Jamal
01-10-2012, 08:24 PM
:sigh: and then there's CEDuo who makes any discussion of Kings basketball a joke

Gators123
01-10-2012, 08:27 PM
Worst comparison ever.

Just quit posting.

That's not even the worst comparison he has done today probably

:laugh2:

Iodine
01-10-2012, 08:29 PM
:sigh: and then there's CEDuo who makes any discussion of Kings basketball a joke

He's not a kings fan. He is simply a beta version of clever bot gone rouge

Hawkeye15
01-10-2012, 08:29 PM
I 100% agree. I've watched every Kings game this season and Cousins honestly looks a lot better on the court. He hasn't been whining about every damn call and he hustles his *** off when he's on the floor. While the Westphal situation is certainly inexcuseable, the fact remains the Westphal left Cousins out to dry and tried to save his job by going to the media. He wasn't the only one who fought with Westphal, just the most vocal We'll see what happens with Smart, but every indication has him trusting and respecting Coach Smart by his recent interviews.

Cousins has a long way to go still mainly becoming more efficient and staying out of foul trouble. If he can do those things while getting his maturity in check, there's maybe 3 other bigs in basketball i'd rather have than Cousins

That boy needs anger management!

Cal827
01-10-2012, 08:30 PM
You know, if Cousins ever reaches that incredible potential that CED is mentioning, someone is going to have to buy him a drink lol

Mishmin
01-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Evans def wouldnt have gone #2 thats for sure.

Phenomenonsense
01-10-2012, 09:25 PM

Ha, Monroe is a great on ball defender and post defender. He is great on the pick and roll. He isn't a help side defender and is a minimal threat to block shots. Monroe looks unguardable for the most part in single coverage this year. He takes it at Chandler, Noah, KG, Hibbert, whoever. He needs an Anthony Davis next to him, sure.

Iodine
01-10-2012, 09:47 PM
Ha, Monroe is a great on ball defender and post defender. He is great on the pick and roll. He isn't a help side defender and is a minimal threat to block shots. Monroe looks unguardable for the most part in single coverage this year. He takes it at Chandler, Noah, KG, Hibbert, whoever. He needs an Anthony Davis next to him, sure.

Why does he needs the producer of Atmosphere :p

GrapeSoda
01-10-2012, 09:53 PM

Is this real life?

hugepatsfan
01-10-2012, 10:12 PM
A mix between Shaq and T-Mac... honestly the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

pd7631
01-10-2012, 11:13 PM
I wouldn't trade Evan Turner for anyone else taken in that draft. Anyone thinking he is a bust is not taking into account the role he plays on a good team in which a different guy steps up every night. His numbers aren't gonna blow anyone away right now, but at least he's not putting up empty numbers on a team getting blown out every night.

IndyRealist
01-10-2012, 11:46 PM
I wouldn't trade Evan Turner for anyone else taken in that draft. Anyone thinking he is a bust is not taking into account the role he plays on a good team in which a different guy steps up every night. His numbers aren't gonna blow anyone away right now, but at least he's not putting up empty numbers on a team getting blown out every night.

Turner's really gone under the radar because he was so terrible last year. He's shooting, rebounding, and defending much better, and his team is a buzzsaw right now. He's not a superstar, but besides maybe Jodie Meeks there isn't a single scrub on that team that gets minutes.

On Wall vs. Cousins, I can give at least one legitimate argument for Wall. He gets 6.8apg on THAT team. Imagine the damage he could do if anyone besides JaVale McGee could hit a shot?

itsripcity32
01-11-2012, 12:04 AM

Uh oh Homer alert. I'm sure you'd trade Evan Turn for today's Allen Iverson right? HOMErrrrrrrrrrr

streetballa
01-11-2012, 12:32 AM
A mix between Shaq and T-Mac... honestly the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I think he is saying he has talent, but not championship caliber

Swashcuff
01-11-2012, 12:36 AM
I think he is saying he has talent, but not championship caliber

You're being sarcastic right?

Cal827
01-11-2012, 12:40 AM
Mix between T-Mac and Shaq?? In terms of what, ego? lol

streetballa
01-11-2012, 12:42 AM
You're being sarcastic right?

facetious, but sure

topdog
01-11-2012, 01:26 AM
I still think Favors and Wall would have something to say about letting George and Monroe mosey on up. Favors was a known project but looks to be a worthwhile one. Turner and Johnson certainly would fall off though.

pd7631
01-11-2012, 02:04 AM
Uh oh Homer alert. I'm sure you'd trade Evan Turn for today's Allen Iverson right? HOMErrrrrrrrrrr

First of all, what does AI have anything to do with this thread or what I said?

Now, how exactly am I being a homer here?

-Evan Turner is the best rebounding guard in the NBA.

-In terms of intangibles, this guy is great. He has always wanted to be great, and by working on his shot all summer with Herb Magee, he is showing his commitment to trying to be the best.

-He is a terrific ball handler with great court vision and does a fantastic job of setting his teammates up.

-Defensively he's been very good and puts max effort in on defense every game.

-Both ET's high school and college coaches have said that Evan will need 2-3 years to find his groove, and he will flourish. They never pretended that he was gonna be great out the gates, but they assured Doug Collins that as Evan gets more comfortable, his game will skyrocket. Based on the improvements he's made from last year to this year, I'd say he's right on course. If he showed no improvement, or regressed....then yeah, I'd be worried.

-Demarcus Cousins has decent numbers, but he's a NBA center shooting 42%....that is an absolute joke

-Greg Monroe is a great young player, as a huge G'Town fan, I knew exactly what the kid was about and that he'd be a successful NBA player. But when you look at the Sixers roster, IMO he wouldn't be as important to us as Evan is. Evan comes in the game with Lou and Thad and is essentially our backup PG. We need another ball handler and distributor when Jrue is out, and ET is that guy.

If you have watched the Sixers, then you'd how versatile ET is and you'd also take notice of how no single player will stick out on this team over the course of the season.......it's a different guy ever night. So yeah, I'm sure if ET were on some **** bag team like the Pistons or Wizards, his numbers would look pretty good too. On the Sixers, it's about knowing your role, and starring in it.

Again....would not trade the Kid for anyone taken in that draft.

Phenomenonsense
01-13-2012, 07:49 PM
Hell Monroe is top 5 overall in PER right now.

Swashcuff
01-13-2012, 07:53 PM
Hell Monroe is top 5 overall in PER right now.

Best among all Cs in terms of PER while being hella efficient. I'm really really high on him ATM. He's going to be an all star in the very near future. Career night last night but its only the first of many if you ask me.

Phenomenonsense
01-13-2012, 08:00 PM
Monroe will get the "Kevin Love" effect this year if he keeps up these numbers. "Sure he's doing well, but he's on the Pistons so it doesn't count!" As if he isn't going against Chandler, Howard, Bogut, Noah, etc every night. The best thing about Monroe is that he has hit 9-16 (I think) of his 15-18 footers this year as well. Some of the passes he had in that Bucks game last night were RIDICULOUS. It was amazing.

And Monroe doesn't rely on athleticism at all really lol. He'll be this player for 14-15 years without slowing down just due to the fact that he'll always be as athletic as he is now.

FarOutIos
01-13-2012, 08:07 PM
This has GOT to be one of the ridiculous threads ever. Like I said before guys... IT'S WAY TOO SOON TO TELL.

I'm a Kings fan and a Cousins fan... and I can spout off all I want about how he'll be better than Monroe... but we don't know yet. At the beginning of the year, he was underperforming. The last few games, he has been a beast. 19 Boards... wow.

BUT... Monroe has been great himself. I don't think there will be a clear cut winner between these two guys for a couple of years. At least. Before the draft, I was high on both Monroe and Cousins. Still am.

I think both teams did very good with that draft. Sometimes, you don't really know who is better. It's more of a Bosh Vs West 2003 nba draft comparison with these two than a Bosh vs Millicic comparison... Lol.

FarOutIos
01-13-2012, 08:12 PM
Monroe will get the "Kevin Love" effect this year if he keeps up these numbers. "Sure he's doing well, but he's on the Pistons so it doesn't count!" As if he isn't going against Chandler, Howard, Bogut, Noah, etc every night. The best thing about Monroe is that he has hit 9-16 (I think) of his 15-18 footers this year as well. Some of the passes he had in that Bucks game last night were RIDICULOUS. It was amazing.

And Monroe doesn't rely on athleticism at all really lol. He'll be this player for 14-15 years without slowing down just due to the fact that he'll always be as athletic as he is now.

Monroe is a good player, no doubt.

I think the biggest differences between Monroe and Cousins is that Monroe is shooting a better % so far... and gets more assists.

Cousins is a better rebounder and better is both steals and blocks. As a kings fan, I am really disappointed in how low Cousins assist totals have been this year. Really, though, up until recently, our team has had low assist totals.

Oh... and Cousins can be a headache at times...

Tony_Starks
01-13-2012, 08:28 PM
Monroe has to get out of Detroit so I can actually watch him more. The Pistons are a basketball abomination........

Phenomenonsense
01-13-2012, 10:45 PM
Monroe has to get out of Detroit so I can actually watch him more. The Pistons are a basketball abomination........

I definitely wonder if he'll leave. He doesn't seem like a lights chaser but it's hard to know. He's definitely the type of player I'll watch regardless of where he goes. I won't even be mad if he leaves after the usual "rookie contract + extension" if we don't win.

Sixerlover
01-14-2012, 12:51 AM
Evan Turner's last 3 games

12 / 5 / 4 / 57% shooting against Washington
16 / 7 / 2 against New York
16/ 10 / 8 / 50% shooting against Sacramento

Understand his role on a good team before your quick to call him a bust *directed at anyone who called him a bust :D*

Alayla
01-14-2012, 04:46 AM
Way to early but to awnser opers question as a sixers fan (sixers being the team with the number 2)
I still take ET no disrespect to any player picked atfer him
The sixers wanted to win and 2 was a glareing need we where at a stage where wille green was a starter >.< you all forget we had sammy D then and have hawes who is finnally playing the way I allways though he could when he was on the kings (my 2nd favotite team 10 years running) I was thrilled when the sixers got hawes and I'm satisfyed with turners play of late

Alayla
01-14-2012, 04:54 AM
Also
Dmc = headcase
Favors = raw and high risk
Monore = inresting but not there
Paul gourge I may heavely consider
Wes ... I think got picked to high anyways (small forward is also the last thing we need)
You have to consider the situation the team with the number to pick is in as well as the player production within that conspet none of the drafties would be outdoing what et is doing for philly this year within the ball shareing over stat padding consept and also et is the only one on a good team right now they only guy who might have the talent to outplay turner from that draft as of now is john wall who was of the board anyways

Alayla
01-14-2012, 04:55 AM
Also we have jrue and lou will so even his numbers would take a ugly dip

Phenomenonsense
01-14-2012, 06:25 AM
Also
Dmc = headcase
Favors = raw and high risk
Monore = inresting but not there
Paul gourge I may heavely consider
Wes ... I think got picked to high anyways (small forward is also the last thing we need)
You have to consider the situation the team with the number to pick is in as well as the player production within that conspet none of the drafties would be outdoing what et is doing for philly this year within the ball shareing over stat padding consept and also et is the only one on a good team right now they only guy who might have the talent to outplay turner from that draft as of now is john wall who was of the board anyways

"Monroe interesting but not there" While being behind only Manu, Durant, Lebron, and Kobe in PER and ahead of Dwight Howard.

MonroeFAN
01-14-2012, 11:58 AM
Yeah, Monroe is definitely 'there'. The guy is a beast.

And I don't think Turner is a bust, that's not fair to say. He's played well for a good team.

heyman321
01-14-2012, 01:35 PM
Demarcus Cousins is like a mix between Kobe and Tim Duncan. In a sense, he already has 9 championships. Greg Monroe isn't even close!

Sactown
01-14-2012, 01:39 PM
"Monroe interesting but not there" While being behind only Manu, Durant, Lebron, and Kobe in PER and ahead of Dwight Howard.

Per isn't a very good stat to use with such a small sample size, but yeah Monroe has had a monster season so far

The_Jamal
01-14-2012, 03:10 PM
Per isn't a very good stat to use with such a small sample size, but yeah Monroe has had a monster season so far

Wrong. PER is the only way to judge a players talent thus Monroe being a top 5 player in basketball

Federal Reserve
01-14-2012, 03:12 PM
Monroe is a center who barely averages one block every two games and does nothing to help his team win. His numbers are a result of the terrible team that he is on.

MonroeFAN
01-14-2012, 03:48 PM
He's averaging 17 PPG on damn near 60% shooting. The guy is a beast on offense, no one is claiming that he's a defensive superstar.

Gators123
01-14-2012, 03:52 PM
Monroe is a center who barely averages one block every two games and does nothing to help his team win. His numbers are a result of the terrible team that he is on.

:laugh2: Do you say that for everyone on a bad team thats putting up good numbers?

Monroe is having a very good year so far. Not his fault that nobody else is giving a consistent effort every night.

Hawkeye15
01-14-2012, 03:56 PM

haha, I was just telling a Detroit fan yesterday that this was coming up next now that Monroe has stepped up his game to all star level.

So many are totally incapable of evaluting roster talent on this site, and in general. Its mind boggling.

Hawkeye15
01-14-2012, 03:58 PM
I had Kyle Lowry as my preseason MIP, and he may still win it. But Monroe is going to push him for it if he keeps this up.

Hawkeye15
01-14-2012, 03:58 PM
I am assuming there is no way Anderson or Hawes continue to dominate like they are btw, which is why I am leaving them out

Phenomenonsense
01-14-2012, 04:04 PM
Anderson and Hawes have been playing very well this year. I actually think Hawes may keep it up, and I think it is a lot of confidence for Anderson so he may actually keep it up too.

Phenomenonsense
01-14-2012, 04:12 PM

Lmao! Monroe can't block a lot of shots. He just doesn't have the lift. That will always hinder him on defense, however he plays great post defense and is 11/33 in post ups this season. You cannot say "terrible" team without watching the games. It was Monroe's fault that we lost games when he's putting up monster numbers and getting 4-6 assists in the past few games. He doesn't make his teammates better actually. It is his fault that BG has had a 9 turnover game ALONE. It is his fault that BKnight has been making a lot of rookie turnovers, that Daye has regressed beyond belief, that Jerebko has had a lot of foul trouble, that Prince doesn't care on the court anymore. Yes, he doesn't do anything.