PDA

View Full Version : Otis Smith receives threats from Magic fans

Wade>You
01-09-2012, 03:09 PM
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-01-08/sports/os-orlando-magic-otis-smith-interview-0109-20120108_1_sin-blockbuster-trades-magic-gm-otis-smith/2
Sentinel: Do you mean not having you at home?

Smith: No, just all the comments. Just because I don't read it, that doesn't necessary mean that they don't or aren't threatened by it.

Sentinel: When you say "threatened," you don't mean physically?

Smith: I've gotten those, too.

Sentinel: You have. But not your family?

Smith: No, I've gotten those, too.

Sentinel: What do you do in those cases? Do you call the police?

Smith: I just have to be a little extra cautious and let those around me know that the threat is there. But I don't concern myself with it.:clap: to the Magic fans, instead placing all the blame on external forces, they take charge of the situation and place the blame squarely where it belongs: on their GM.

Granted I hope nothing happens to Smith other than he resigns from his job, but this is a great way for fans to get the message across about what Ownership needs to do.

Fans of perennial losers: I hope you're jotting down notes!

Cfrey
01-09-2012, 03:11 PM
.......... this is totally not warranted and if they want to blame anyone it should be Dwight just for requesting a trade.. you do that internally

itsripcity32
01-09-2012, 03:12 PM
And you don't think Lebron and company receive threats?

justinnum1
01-09-2012, 03:13 PM
horrible gm

shep33
01-09-2012, 03:14 PM
I don't think Otis is as bad as people think.

John Walls Era
01-09-2012, 03:15 PM
How can anyone think this is great?

jrm2054
01-09-2012, 03:18 PM
Trade him then

spreadeagle
01-09-2012, 03:18 PM
Its a ****ing game you retards...im a die hard fan but im never gunna threaten someone's family over it,which is a crime like wtf :confused:

shep33
01-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Its a ****ing game you retards...im a die hard fan but im never gunna threaten someone's family over it,which is a crime like wtf :confused:

Yeah this is absolutely pathetic... a game is placed before the life of a human being and his family. Terrible stuff right there.

Cole World
01-09-2012, 03:33 PM
Shocking .. he is an absolutely horrid GM, the contracts he gives out to mediocre players is completely obsurd, with that being said .. nobody deserves death threats.

jmoney85
01-09-2012, 03:46 PM
at least dwight requested a trade and now you can get something for him...lebron keep it quiet and just bounced lol

Chi StateOfMind
01-09-2012, 03:49 PM
I don't understand some people. Is it worth it to threaten someone bc of a game or player. It amazes me the stupidity of some people. I love sports and my Chicago teams but it would never cross my mind to send hate mail or threaten someones life.

PacersForLife
01-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Weren't people saying that Otis Smith was a good GM a few years ago before all of this? Death threats are just stupid and not necessary for anything, especially a sport. It isn't all the GM's fault either, Dwight is the one requesting trades and what not.

ee
01-09-2012, 03:54 PM
nothing otis can do if Dwight wants a bigger market.....

jpagemn
01-09-2012, 03:57 PM
I really hope the OP is being sarcastic, here. This is 100% not ok. The threats, the idea they are warranted in any way, the thread itself...

iggypop123
01-09-2012, 04:09 PM
this is just a function of the internet.

bovice163
01-09-2012, 04:31 PM
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-01-08/sports/os-orlando-magic-otis-smith-interview-0109-20120108_1_sin-blockbuster-trades-magic-gm-otis-smith/2:clap: to the Magic fans, instead placing all the blame on external forces, they take charge of the situation and place the blame squarely where it belongs: on their GM.

Granted I hope nothing happens to Smith other than he resigns from his job, but this is a great way for fans to get the message across about what Ownership needs to do.

How is this the right thing to do? I think some people need to get priorities in check, if their lives revolve around a couple guys throwing a ball through a hoop, and consequently send death threats because of that.

It's a sport we all love, but when you're threatening to harm someone because of a game, then something is very, very wrong there.

rapjuicer06
01-09-2012, 04:37 PM
First off as an Orlando fan, I am embarrassed for how they are behaving. Terrible

I don't understand some people. Is it worth it to threaten someone bc of a game or player. It amazes me the stupidity of some people. I love sports and my Chicago teams but it would never cross my mind to send hate mail or threaten someones life.

If Chicago traded Rose I'm sure someone in Chicago would actually kill the GM

MagicHero3
01-09-2012, 04:49 PM
"Smith: I handle it fine. I can't do anything more than I can do, one. Second, my track record pretty much speaks for itself. Until we go all the way down, how can you condemn me? For what? Trying? Condemn me. If trying is a sin, then I have sinned a lot, because I'm never going to stop trying. That's not my makeup. I don't read what you write. I really don't. When I say I don't, I really don't. So I don't know. I get a lot of people saying, "Hang in there." And I don't really know what they're talking about, because I don't read it. And I really don't. Good or bad, I just don't read it. So, from my standpoint, I will continue to do what I have to do in order to get this team where it needs to be"

Otis doesnt listen to anyone but himself. He doesnt listen to his critics or any 3rd party for that matter.
HE LIVES IN HIS OWN WORLD OF WHAT HE THINKS IS GOOD!! instead of taking advice from millions of people, he wants to do what he wants with no regard for anyone else.

Fire Otis, dont kill him!

beasted86
01-09-2012, 04:55 PM

Some people are total lunatic basket case psychopaths.

bovice163
01-09-2012, 05:02 PM
"Smith: I handle it fine. I can't do anything more than I can do, one. Second, my track record pretty much speaks for itself. Until we go all the way down, how can you condemn me? For what? Trying? Condemn me. If trying is a sin, then I have sinned a lot, because I'm never going to stop trying. That's not my makeup. I don't read what you write. I really don't. When I say I don't, I really don't. So I don't know. I get a lot of people saying, "Hang in there." And I don't really know what they're talking about, because I don't read it. And I really don't. Good or bad, I just don't read it. So, from my standpoint, I will continue to do what I have to do in order to get this team where it needs to be"

Otis doesnt listen to anyone but himself. He doesnt listen to his critics or any 3rd party for that matter.
HE LIVES IN HIS OWN WORLD OF WHAT HE THINKS IS GOOD!! instead of taking advice from millions of people, he wants to do what he wants with no regard for anyone else.

Fire Otis, dont kill him!

Isn't that why a GM is hired, to make decisions based on years of experience in the league and most specifically basketball? Millions of people might be clamoring to keep Dwight, but millions of people are ****ing idiots too. People need to remember that this is a very profitable business first and foremost. As long as the fans come to the games, they could care less if they're happy with the organization.

Some of you people need to take the blinders off and rationalize these things before making dumb statements.

Chi StateOfMind
01-09-2012, 05:13 PM
First off as an Orlando fan, I am embarrassed for how they are behaving. Terrible

If Chicago traded Rose I'm sure someone in Chicago would actually kill the GM

Dwight is asking to be traded, Otis Smith isn't just trading him for no reason. Either way its still not a reason to threaten someones life. Not that ****ing serious.

ChitownSports16
01-09-2012, 05:14 PM
This is just a way to get out of ORL.....

5ass
01-09-2012, 05:20 PM
Dwight is asking to be traded, Otis Smith isn't just trading him for no reason. Either way its still not a reason to threaten someones life. Not that ****ing serious.

just because otis is receiving threats doesn't mean they're going to murder him for ****s sake, its probably just a bunch of idiot kids who have access to the internet.
Anyway, this thread only makes Orl fans look bad, noway in hell any logical person would want otis dead for the mistakes he's done.

dtmagnet
01-09-2012, 05:22 PM
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-01-08/sports/os-orlando-magic-otis-smith-interview-0109-20120108_1_sin-blockbuster-trades-magic-gm-otis-smith/2:clap: to the Magic fans, instead placing all the blame on external forces, they take charge of the situation and place the blame squarely where it belongs: on their GM.

Are you ********? You're praising people for physically threatening someone? My god you really are scum.

ManRam
01-09-2012, 05:22 PM
You're condoning threatening him?

People are so dumb. Otis was a major player in getting us to the FINALS and two ECFs. Sure, he's made a bad move or two, oh well. Not every GM is perfect. We've had some really great teams, and it's hard to get over the hump as a small market team and as a team that keeps pumping money into the team to win. It sounds like the owner, who wants to win at all costs and seemingly pushed for a few of those trades and pushed for re-signing J-Rich is as much to blame. Many people around the Magic feel that Otis is basically a puppet of our owner.

Dwight is trying to make him the scapegoat so he doesn't look as bad...he's thrown everyone but himself under the bus.

Threatening the GM is just embarrassing. We clearly have some stupid Magic fans out there../.

RLundi
01-09-2012, 05:26 PM

One of the most insanely ridiculous posts I have ever seen. You are actually encouraging this kind of behavior?

Unreal.

Let's hope you are the perfect employee wherever you work, lest someone not threaten you and your family when you make a mistake.

MagicHero3
01-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Isn't that why a GM is hired, to make decisions based on years of experience in the league and most specifically basketball? Millions of people might be clamoring to keep Dwight, but millions of people are ****ing idiots too. People need to remember that this is a very profitable business first and foremost. As long as the fans come to the games, they could care less if they're happy with the organization.
Some of you people need to take the blinders off and rationalize these things before making dumb statements.

so gettin people to show up to games and spend $ is more important than winning championships? you should hit up Jerry Jones!

thats cool, bovice thinks money is the most important thing in the world. And the millions of people giving Otis advice arent all stupid fans (most of them are). Theres analysts, journalists, etc who might try to spread light on Otis Smith's close-mindedness, but he doesnt want to hear it. Well Otis, your "methods" or "style" havent worked at all so far, so why WOULDNT you "try" something different besides trading for old expensive worn out players to surround dwight.

Seriously... maybe you should take your hater-blinderz off before you try to call out someone...

MagicHero3
01-09-2012, 05:40 PM
hey bovice nice quote! what has Rose done to prove ppl wrong? everyone thought he deserved MVP, no real big debate for that, and he got it...he didnt win a championship, so he proved nobody wrong there either...

i hate when people create these imaginary haters and critics in their head to try to motivate themselves or try to get some sympathy from people. its kind of pathetic. I was always taught to ignore the haters, not create them in your puny little mind so you feel important.

LongIslandIcedZ
01-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Basketball is a game. Anyone "fan" mailing him and his family physical threats are absolutely pathetic.

FriedTofuz
01-09-2012, 05:42 PM
back a few years ago, otis smith looked like a genious gm, just because howard is considering multiple options doesn mean otis is a bad gm. heat fans and magic fans need to stop scapegoating and actually conside what otis has done.

Wade>You
01-09-2012, 05:51 PM
I really hope the OP is being sarcastic, here. This is 100% not ok. The threats, the idea they are warranted in any way, the thread itself...Dunno if you read my post:

a) I hope nothing happens to Otis
b) Otis needs to resign, he's been robbing the Magic organization of millions of dollars (just his salary, not even Rashard, Arenas, etc) and burying them in a hole.

And to you I ask: is it OK to hold a lockout for "competitive balance" (:laugh2:) reasons when it's the crappy GMs that continue to put their teams in terrible positions? It's GMs like Otis Smith that continue to kill their franchises while simultaneously killing the NBA.

Wade>You
01-09-2012, 05:53 PM
back a few years ago, otis smith looked like a genious gm, just because howard is considering multiple options doesn mean otis is a bad gm. heat fans and magic fans need to stop scapegoating and actually conside what otis has done.lol I don't think anyone ever thought that, unless you're referring to yourself. I'm pretty sure everyone saw Rashard Lewis' contract as a huge albatross that was gonna hurt them down the line.

bholly
01-09-2012, 06:05 PM
Dunno if you read my post:

b) Otis needs to resign, he's been robbing the Magic organization of millions of dollars (just his salary, not even Rashard, Arenas, etc) and burying them in a hole.

And to you I ask: is it OK to hold a lockout for "competitive balance" (:laugh2:) reasons when it's the crappy GMs that continue to put their teams in terrible positions? It's GMs like Otis Smith that continue to kill their franchises while simultaneously killing the NBA.

I don't think you understand the criticism. Even if you hope nothing happens, you're applauding and condoning threats against a GM and his family. That's ****ing disgusting. The threats are not okay, and are a crime - regardless of whether or not anything actually happens to him in the end.
That's why people are criticizing you, and rightly so.

bovice163
01-09-2012, 06:11 PM
so gettin people to show up to games and spend $ is more important than winning championships? you should hit up Jerry Jones!

thats cool, bovice thinks money is the most important thing in the world. And the millions of people giving Otis advice arent all stupid fans (most of them are). Theres analysts, journalists, etc who might try to spread light on Otis Smith's close-mindedness, but he doesnt want to hear it. Well Otis, your "methods" or "style" havent worked at all so far, so why WOULDNT you "try" something different besides trading for old expensive worn out players to surround dwight.

Seriously... maybe you should take your hater-blinderz off before you try to call out someone...

Please, don't put words in my mouth. Money is the least important to me if you really wanna know, spirituality is the most important.

All I said is that basketball is a BUSINESS. Owners want to win championships not for bragging rights, for REVENUE INCREASE. This is how the owners treat the game, otherwise they wouldn't have invested $500 million in each of their teams. Otis made mistakes, now all of you Magic fans are disheartened because your best player is leaving Orlando, for the second time in history, so you have to blame someone.

macc
01-09-2012, 06:19 PM
nothing otis can do if Dwight wants a bigger market.....

I agree. I've been a Magic fan for 20 + years. Magic fans never started complaining about Otis until Dwight said he wanted to leave, then all of a sudden it was Otis' fault. I've always liked Otis and still do, he's not affraid to shake things up and make changes.

If a player wants to go to a bigger market then what can you do? I'm not a typical fan that needs a scape goat to blame. I understand it's a business and that's just what happens in the game.

MagicHero3
01-09-2012, 06:21 PM
Please, don't put words in my mouth. Money is the least important to me if you really wanna know, spirituality is the most important.

All I said is that basketball is a BUSINESS. Owners want to win championships not for bragging rights, for REVENUE INCREASE. This is how the owners treat the game, otherwise they wouldn't have invested $500 million in each of their teams. Otis made mistakes, now all of you Magic fans are disheartened because your best player is leaving Orlando, for the second time in history, so you have to blame someone.

oohh so now your flip flopping?
bc you were just defending him for only wanting to "run a business"
... we can agree yes, for him, its only about the money
and thats the problem
but winning a championship isnt the only way he can obtain money.
as for me and you, its not about the money, its about winning and teamwork and a city comin together.
for him, its not that. its just him in his own world.

blame? why would we not blame who is actually responsible? you even said it yourself, "Otis made mistakes". so you just blamed him yourself. and then tried to call out magic fans for blaming him.
were just fans, were not out there playing... most of us support dwights decision...the blame DOES fall on Otis in this case. sorry buddy! youre 0-2 now

Melo15
01-09-2012, 06:22 PM

Agreed, I don't see how anybody can honestly support this.

MagicHero3
01-09-2012, 06:25 PM
I agree. I've been a Magic fan for 20 + years. Magic fans never started complaining about Otis until Dwight said he wanted to leave, then all of a sudden it was Otis' fault. I've always liked Otis and still do, he's not affraid to shake things up and make changes.

If a player wants to go to a bigger market then what can you do? I'm not a typical fan that needs a scape goat to blame. I understand it's a business and that's just what happens in the game.

never? never one complaint ever? do you work in the "complaint dept" where you count and monitor every single fans complaint? im sorry buddy, dont try to throw your fellow fans under the bus based on your own speculation. People been complaining about Otis since we lost the finals and he made very questionable roster moves. Since then, hes only made worse roster moves. way before dwight requested a trade.

Hes not afraid to make changes, thats obvious. But the quality of those changes are crap. hey, we made it to the finals, now lets make some changes and bring in guys on the decline with fat contracts.
does that make sense to u?

macc
01-09-2012, 06:26 PM
Dunno if you read my post:

Well a couple things....

1) Orlando is a small market team, small market teams have to overpay for players to keep them in their small market. We're not LA where you have quality players/stars taking pay cuts to play in LA

2) I would rather overpay for talent then not have talent to pay to begin with

3) It's not all on Otis. The Orlando Magic owner Rich Devos is 84 years old and his health is declining. He only has so much time left which is why they have paying out the ***** in luxury taxes to have a competitive team so he can hopefully/maybe see his team win a ring before he dies. So when you're owner (boss) is pushing you to stay competitive and not to rebuild, what can you do?

NYKNYGNYY
01-09-2012, 06:26 PM
and then if he dosnt trade him and gets nothing in return theyll threaten him to...blame dwight not smith...its not like he wants to trade a top 3 player in the leauge

bovice163
01-09-2012, 06:27 PM
oohh so now your flip flopping?
bc you were just defending him for only wanting to "run a business"
... we can agree yes, for him, its only about the money
and thats the problem
but winning a championship isnt the only way he can obtain money.
as for me and you, its not about the money, its about winning and teamwork and a city comin together.
for him, its not that. its just him in his own world.

blame? why would we not blame who is actually responsible? you even said it yourself, "Otis made mistakes". so you just blamed him yourself. and then tried to call out magic fans for blaming him.
were just fans, were not out there playing... most of us support dwights decision...the blame DOES fall on Otis in this case. sorry buddy! youre 0-2 now

Otis made mistakes yes, but because good players all want to play in large markets, look at Dwight for Gods sake, doesn't mean it all lies on Otis' shoulders. I don't even know what you're arguing about with me. All I said is these teams treat the game like a business, and you start talking about Otis like you've known the guy all your life.

You can't even recognize my point, so what's the use arguing with a guy who is as blind as the 'haterz' you claim to be? The fact that you believe you won arguments with me is even better. Some of the people in this world are as dull as rocks.

macc
01-09-2012, 06:28 PM
never? never one complaint ever? do you work in the "complaint dept" where you count and monitor every single fans complaint? im sorry buddy, dont try to throw your fellow fans under the bus based on your own speculation. People been complaining about Otis since we lost the finals and he made very questionable roster moves. Since then, hes only made worse roster moves. way before dwight requested a trade.

Hes not afraid to make changes, thats obvious. But the quality of those changes are crap. hey, we made it to the finals, now lets make some changes and bring in guys on the decline with fat contracts.
does that make sense to u?

So, your wrong.

I'm basing it off of all the Magic fans I talk to in my life and on here. Go back in our threads when we made the Carter/Anderson trade, and when we made the trades to get J Rich, Clark and co. I didn't hear YOU or other Magic fans in our forum crying about the trades. People were optimistic about them. Esp since Vince was clearly in decline and Rashard was doing nothing more then a role players job.

Look it up

MacFitz92
01-09-2012, 06:35 PM
Anyone promoting the idea of hate messages to someone is... beyond words. Basketball is a game, and to threaten someone's family over it is completely unwarranted and deserves to be prosecuted by law.

jammastershake
01-09-2012, 06:51 PM
I kinda wanna punch the op in his mouth after reading this thread.

5ass
01-09-2012, 07:04 PM
I'm basing it off of all the Magic fans I talk to in my life and on here. Go back in our threads when we made the Carter/Anderson trade, and when we made the trades to get J Rich, Clark and co. I didn't hear YOU or other Magic fans in our forum crying about the trades. People were optimistic about them. Esp since Vince was clearly in decline and Rashard was doing nothing more then a role players job.

Look it up

What are you talking about? so many people were criticizing how he left us with no back up C and wing defenders for the season last year (look it up), you've always defended otis like he's ur dad. You never acknowledge the mistakes he's made. If a few posters on PSD who have a life outside basketball were able to see what was wrong, i find it hard for some1 who's only job requires having a very high understanding of the NBA not being able to realize that.
Its really simple, SVG is a defensive coach, bring him some defenders FFS. look at chicago, they have noah, asik, deng, brewer, bogans for thibodeau to use.
oh and btw, we still have no wing defenders (aside from what q-rich and clark combining for a whopping 15 minutes per game) and no back up C (except for 6'6 big baby).

5ass
01-09-2012, 07:09 PM

this i can agree with, except had we won a championship with dwight, he probably wouldnt have said anything.

5ass
01-09-2012, 07:11 PM
Well a couple things....

1) Orlando is a small market team, small market teams have to overpay for players to keep them in their small market. We're not LA where you have quality players/stars taking pay cuts to play in LA

2) I would rather overpay for talent then not have talent to pay to begin with

3) It's not all on Otis. The Orlando Magic owner Rich Devos is 84 years old and his health is declining. He only has so much time left which is why they have paying out the ***** in luxury taxes to have a competitive team so he can hopefully/maybe see his team win a ring before he dies. So when you're owner (boss) is pushing you to stay competitive and not to rebuild, what can you do?

this is also true

macc
01-09-2012, 07:15 PM
What are you talking about? so many people were criticizing how he left us with no back up C and wing defenders for the season last year (look it up), you've always defended otis like he's ur dad. You never acknowledge the mistakes he's made. If a few posters on PSD who have a life outside basketball were able to see what was wrong, i find it hard for some1 who's only job requires having a very high understanding of the NBA not being able to realize that.
Its really simple, SVG is a defensive coach, bring him some defenders FFS. look at chicago, they have noah, asik, deng, brewer, bogans for thibodeau to use.
oh and btw, we still have no wing defenders (aside from what q-rich and clark combining for a whopping 15 minutes per game) and no back up C (except for 6'6 big baby).

I've never said Otis was perfect. I'm just saying I like the fact he took chances. I like having a GM that is willing to gamble a bit, look at Dallas, it took Cuban a few years of blowing up his team to finally put a championship team around Dirk to get it done.

BTW this having no back up C was a huge glaring hole on our offense, I mean the guy was averaging a whopping 12 MPG. That Otis Smith move really crippled us for sure......

You bring up our defense....which is funny because we've been a top 3 defense the last 5 years.......using the players Otis brought in....soooo what is your point there again?

I'm just consistant with supporting somone. I'm not going to play the blame game and use Otis Smith as a scapegoat for the fact that Dwight wants to play in a big market. Esp with the fact alot of the moves Otis made was to appease the 84 year old owner who only has a few years left on this earth and wants to see his team compete for a championship.

Theres alot of factors that come into play here.

macc
01-09-2012, 07:34 PM
It's just it gets old when people put the majority of the blame on Otis for Dwight wanting to leave. To me alot of this is just common sense. We don't have to be making millions to figure out how some of this stuff works.

If you have the choice to work in either Minnesota or LA, you're going to pick LA, if you have the choice to work in Orlando or Miami/LA, you're going to Miami or LA, even if you like your job where you're at, at the very least you're going to explore different options when you have the oppurtunity. You don't have to be an NBA player to know this.

Because in reality, Dwight says he wants to win. Well he's winning in Orlando. They are at least very competitive each year and got close to winning it all in 2009. If he was in an "win only" mentality then why wouldn't he want to go to Oklahoma City with Durrant, Harden, Ibaki & Westbrook? Orlando could get a some good talent back from Dwight and the Thunder would be a great team. Oh wait, it's because they are in Oklahoma City....

Big markets simply matter to superstars. It's not a coincidence the Lakers get the best players in the league on a consistant basis.

todu82
01-09-2012, 07:39 PM
I get wanting the team to be better but come on threatening the GM, there is no need for that.

gwrighter
01-09-2012, 07:46 PM
American's are crazy.

reminds me of the incident where a fan burned down Reggie Miller's house.

MagicHero3
01-09-2012, 08:01 PM

Of course people want to keep dwight...those aren't the "millions of ppl" i was referring to. I was referring to his quote, saying he doesn't read any articles about himself, good or bad. I was obviously exaggerating on how he only wants to do things his way, and my point was, his way has brought $ but not a better team. He kept signing guys who were on the decline and with a large contract. He wanted to skip getting the youthful, potential and went after the older guys. you defended him, and then ...

quite obvious you were baiting for an argument there..."you people" as in magic fans who don't like otis?

Cano-Montero...
01-09-2012, 08:04 PM
.......... this is totally not warranted and if they want to blame anyone it should be Dwight just for requesting a trade.. you do that internally

Dwight will leave no matter what...so why blame him? at least via trade they get something back..

5ass
01-09-2012, 08:05 PM
I've never said Otis was perfect. I'm just saying I like the fact he took chances. I like having a GM that is willing to gamble a bit, look at Dallas, it took Cuban a few years of blowing up his team to finally put a championship team around Dirk to get it done.

BTW this having no back up C was a huge glaring hole on our offense, I mean the guy was averaging a whopping 12 MPG. That Otis Smith move really crippled us for sure......

You bring up our defense....which is funny because we've been a top 3 defense the last 5 years.......using the players Otis brought in....soooo what is your point there again?

I'm just consistant with supporting somone. I'm not going to play the blame game and use Otis Smith as a scapegoat for the fact that Dwight wants to play in a big market. Esp with the fact alot of the moves Otis made was to appease the 84 year old owner who only has a few years left on this earth and wants to see his team compete for a championship.

Theres alot of factors that come into play here.

Come on man, you know how big Gortat was for us, especially in the playoffs, when dwight got into foul trouble/suspended, knowing that dwight is foul prone and picks up a lot of technicals we should atleast have a decent C, not an undersized PF. You know that in the play offs, if dwight gets suspended or in foul toruble the games are too important for us to be playing bass at C.

Also, since when is being a top 5 defensive team enough? why should it be enough with Dwight Howard and SVG on your team? Why not help take the pressure off dwight on defense a bit? Why not be the best defensive team in the NBA? Why not bring in better perimeter defenders since players like wade, bron, melo, durant, crawford, johnson and others killed us?

see this is what i mean u always defend otis.

rapjuicer06
01-09-2012, 09:20 PM
back a few years ago, otis smith looked like a genious gm, just because howard is considering multiple options doesn mean otis is a bad gm. heat fans and magic fans need to stop scapegoating and actually conside what otis has done.

No one thought Otis was a genius (ironic how you spelled that word wrong). Otis inherited a good team...

Nelson/Arroyo/Dooling
Bogans/Redick/Ariza
Hill/Turk/Garrity
Outlow/Battie/
Howard/Milicic

Granted back then it wasn't great, but he had a lot of talent on the team. Then he gives a max contract to Lewis, brings him aboard (overpays but was a good player, then played him out of position..which was ********) The team gels together and then make it to the finals...then he blows the team up like crazy. Why do you blow a finals team up? And for a over the hill player? Again left everyone scratching their heads...They then opt to let Turk go (I didn't like him, but he was a big reason we made it to the finals) because he'll cost too much. So we lose Lee, and scrap for Carter and Anderson(best player in the trade) and Hedo in a S&T. Then we trade our best trade chip (Gortat) our huge expiring contract in Carter, our wing defender in Pietrus and a first round pick for Richardson (a guy Nash made look great) and Turk (a guy we could have signed but traded away instead, then trade our best stuff to get him back) and Earl Clark. Then we resign J-Rich after a terrible time with us, trade Bass for Davis (pretty good trade I will admit although Davis is a little overpayed).....Tell me where he became a genius?

Magic fans have always been complaining about Otis...

Big markets are so damn annoying. If you are a player who has marketability, then you know what? You will be marketed wherever you are. How many big market teams are there? I mean seriously, not all big names go to huge markets because get this...THEY ARE ALREADY OVER THE CAP, they can't just sign there. This is why small market owners annoy the hell outta me. They ***** about big markets getting all the players when their dumbass GM's sign and trade their players there lol. I mean seriously, don't trade the player there and let him look around in free agency with a bunch of other small market clubs. Big markets don't have anything more to offer a player than a small market team. You go to LA, cool, now you have to pay a **** load in taxes and cost of living is ridiculous...same as New York and Chicago. Dwight Howard can be marketed wherever the dude plans to play. Look at Rubio in ****ing Minnesota...I mean seriously. It's all about the player and the people he has around him, not the market he's in.

Avenged
01-09-2012, 09:36 PM
You're applauding a threat? Damn...