PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard has not withdrawn his trade request

JordansBulls
01-08-2012, 09:28 PM
That other thread nearly is at 1000 posts, so since this is new updated theme might as well start this one up with Dwight's latest request.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-orlando-magic-news-0109-20120108,0,6188949.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+orlandosentinel%2Fsports%2Fba sketball%2Fmagic+%28OrlandoSentinel.com+-+Orland

Dwight Howard's request to be traded still stands, and the Orlando Magic's general manager doesn't feel the team has done much to change the superstar's mind.

"Nothing has changed," Howard said before the Magic faced the Sacramento Kings at Power Balance Pavilion on Sunday.

Otis Smith confirmed Howard has not taken his trade request off the table and that Howard's agent still has permission to speak with three, and only three, teams: the Dallas Mavericks, the Los Angeles Lakers and the New Jersey Nets.

"I think his leaving or going has nothing to do with Orlando," Smith said of Howard. "I think he wants a bigger market. I can't do anything about that."

Howard revealed he has spoken with some NBA players, including Carmelo Anthony, to see how they've dealt with similar situations.

"I've talked to 'Melo," Howard said. "I've talked to a lot of guys.

"It's the same thing: You have to do what's best for you, regardless of what anybody else says. It's your life and you have to live it your way. You can't do it how everybody wants you to do it or be afraid or be upset about what people are saying, because they're not the ones that have to go through it. Sometimes, you've got to make tough decisions, and you've got to always take care of you and your family first, because nobody else will."

Cano-Montero...
01-08-2012, 09:41 PM
At least Dwight now acknowledges he gotta what is best for him and not the perception of others..

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-08-2012, 09:43 PM
Bynum a first and Ebanks otta do it.

CaptainClutch
01-08-2012, 09:43 PM
Crucial for the the future of DWill. The Nets must pull the trigger and get another third team involved. The longer they wait, the more they lose, and the most frustrated Deron becomes.

ldawg
01-08-2012, 09:56 PM
It's the same thing: You have to do what's best for you, regardless of what anybody else says. It's your life and you have to live it your way. You can't do it how everybody wants you to do it or be afraid or be upset about what people are saying, because they're not the ones that have to go through it. Sometimes, you've got to make tough decisions, and you've got to always take care of you and your family first, because nobody else will."

I have to agree with Howard on that. The lock out, Dan Gilbert, Stern block trade, Clippers told Gordon he was not being traded but was. They all made that clear it business. These team just want to make money which is understandable what business dont? Its a business and the Players should treat it the same. At the end of the day its their life and you only get one crack at it. So do you Howard.

Young and Stupid
01-08-2012, 10:01 PM
Crucial for the the future of DWill. The Nets must pull the trigger and get another third team involved. The longer they wait, the more they lose, and the most frustrated Deron becomes.

You know I love you CC, but every claim in your post is incorrect.

CaptainClutch
01-08-2012, 10:19 PM
You know I love you CC, but every claim in your post is incorrect.

I think Deron is an impatient point guard. He's definitely frustrated with the Nets crappy offense. I do think the more we lose, the more speculation of him getting traded and the less Dwight pictures himself in NJ.

I think we do have a great foundation with Avery / Proky and a top PG. Trust me YnS, I hope my claim is wrong too, but I'm just trying not to put myself in some amazing fantasy and having it shoot me in the foot. It's happened to us Nets fans for quite some time.

ldawg
01-08-2012, 10:22 PM
Howard needs to remove Nets from his list why in the world do he want to go there?

iggypop123
01-08-2012, 10:26 PM
the sky is blue

Cal827
01-08-2012, 10:27 PM
This ****** Has more mood swings than a teenager going through puberty. Just send him off to the WWE.

JordansBulls
01-08-2012, 10:28 PM
Howard needs to remove Nets from his list why in the world do he want to go there?

He only has them because they are moving to Brooklyn and he wants to put them on the map. But if that is the case then he might as well stay in Orlando as Orlando has never won a title either.

iggypop123
01-08-2012, 10:32 PM
check out the image. He tells a fan he's ready to go
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/1078/dwightdm.jpg

CaptainClutch
01-08-2012, 10:33 PM
He only has them because they are moving to Brooklyn and he wants to put them on the map. But if that is the case then he might as well stay in Orlando as Orlando has never won a title either.

Owner willing to spend and get the best players to win a title, new arena and sports in a historic borough of New York, a star PG, a rapper / minority owner with huge glamour appeal and the battle for NY supremacy.

Not too bad if you ask me

oak2455
01-08-2012, 10:37 PM
Pretty sure the Nets need Brook, so where is Brook:confused: If they dont have him, I don't think hes gonna be a Net... IMO

slynxpac
01-08-2012, 11:50 PM
trade him asap

waveycrockett
01-09-2012, 01:53 AM
Deron is always 100% in interviews, he doesnt sugar coat **** as all Nets fans know thats why I believe him when he said 90% he returns even without dwight, 100% he returns with Dwight. We will get D12 in free agency and have Lopez and Marshon to put around them

BRICKCITYPIMP12
01-09-2012, 01:58 AM
you guys all gorget one thing.. the more and more the nets lose the better the pick will be for orlando.. that makes it even better for them.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
01-09-2012, 01:59 AM
Deron is always 100% in interviews, he doesnt sugar coat **** as all Nets fans know thats why I believe him when he said 90% he returns even without dwight, 100% he returns with Dwight. We will get D12 in free agency and have Lopez and Marshon to put around them

OMG..that would be ****in awesome and a huge treat for nets fans..AAANNNDDD dont forget (im 99.9%) nets still have their 1st witch should be like top 10 :)

LA_Raiders
01-09-2012, 02:02 AM
Good to hear, Bynum is ready to go...

Bynum, Ebanks, Metta, + Picks for Dwight and Turk

shep33
01-09-2012, 02:12 AM
you guys all gorget one thing.. the more and more the nets lose the better the pick will be for orlando.. that makes it even better for them.

Yeah but if the Nets are so bad that they won't make the playoffs, would D12 want to go there? I think if he was smart he'd wait till the offseason and just sign there

LakersA's49ers
01-09-2012, 02:18 AM
getting rid of bynum is never a good idea but he has fallen off from the first 3 games, and he's still be fantastic

curtcocaine
01-09-2012, 02:20 AM
Yea but he is also still a Magic and wants to be atleast some what faithfull he's not doing the Labron

Cal827
01-09-2012, 02:52 AM
Yea but he is also still a Magic and wants to be atleast some what faithfull he's not doing the Labron

To me, what he's doing is worse. The best thing he could have done is kept his mouth shut and just talked to the GM about his intentions. The only thing the Media should know about the situations was that Howard was going to try his best to put the Orlando Magic over the top. If he does it like this, Orlando might have more leverage with teams that could sign him outright in the offseason (New Jersey mainly, preventing them from backing them into a wall) since they wouldn't be 100% sure he would even be on the Market.

But instead the ***** ran his mouth, basically talking about how he doesn't have enough impact on who they sign, and that the players on the team no where near the level of talent that he wants, while still being on that team. On top of that, he keeps saying that he wants to be dealt away. Most of us know that Lebron didn't have the best of help around him, but I don't remember him ever speaking out while being on the Cavs about the talent around him.

Don't get me wrong, I think Lebron's departure from Cleveland was bad (as he admitted to), but he gave Cleveland his best for 7 years, and unfortunately, things didn't work out. With Howard's comments, the team's morale can't be high knowing what he thinks of them. That team might need to make even more moves after Howard goes away.

JOhnnyTHaJet
01-09-2012, 03:13 AM
Clearly the Magic are waiting to see Lopez's health and where the Nets pick might be. If its a Top 7 pick, and Lopez is fine, the deal gets done easily. If not, he'll be a Laker or a FA.

ldawg
01-09-2012, 10:33 AM
Clearly the Magic are waiting to see Lopez's health and where the Nets pick might be. If its a Top 7 pick, and Lopez is fine, the deal gets done easily. If not, he'll be a Laker or a FA.then Orlando will just become the Nets and suck. a Quality trade is better than a Quantity trade.

imagesrdecievin
01-09-2012, 11:48 AM
Clearly the Magic are waiting to see Lopez's health and where the Nets pick might be. If its a Top 7 pick, and Lopez is fine, the deal gets done easily. If not, he'll be a Laker or a FA.

If the Nets got DH then they will win a lot more games and their pick will then become late lottery - worse even if they can sneak into the playoffs.

waveycrockett
01-09-2012, 12:11 PM
If the Nets got DH then they will win a lot more games and their pick will then become late lottery - worse even if they can sneak into the playoffs.

If the Magic wait until March deadline to deal Dwight the Nets will def be in too big of a hole to make the playoffs if we keep going at this current pace. Dont forget Dwill and Dwight and the new look Nets would also have to gel together and with so few practices allowed this season I dont think they would start winning immediately. That goes for any team Dwight goes to.

Jarvo
01-09-2012, 12:16 PM
To me, what he's doing is worse. The best thing he could have done is kept his mouth shut and just talked to the GM about his intentions. The only thing the Media should know about the situations was that Howard was going to try his best to put the Orlando Magic over the top. If he does it like this, Orlando might have more leverage with teams that could sign him outright in the offseason (New Jersey mainly, preventing them from backing them into a wall) since they wouldn't be 100% sure he would even be on the Market.

But instead the ***** ran his mouth, basically talking about how he doesn't have enough impact on who they sign, and that the players on the team no where near the level of talent that he wants, while still being on that team. On top of that, he keeps saying that he wants to be dealt away. Most of us know that Lebron didn't have the best of help around him, but I don't remember him ever speaking out while being on the Cavs about the talent around him.

Don't get me wrong, I think Lebron's departure from Cleveland was bad (as he admitted to), but he gave Cleveland his best for 7 years, and unfortunately, things didn't work out. With Howard's comments, the team's morale can't be high knowing what he thinks of them. That team might need to make even more moves after Howard goes away.

BINGO! I don't know why people still talk about what lebron did when what these players are doing are far worse.

MagicBucsSox
01-09-2012, 12:46 PM
Bynum a first and Ebanks otta do it.

Hahahahahahahaha

BullsFTW
01-09-2012, 12:59 PM
If not the Bulls I want Dwight to be sent out West.

SluggeR
01-09-2012, 01:15 PM
Could somebody try to explain to me, why Dwight would want to go to the Mavs? Especially if he expects to be traded their, what would they have beside him and Dirk? They don't even have anything to trade for Dwight. I definitely don't understand why he would want to go to the Nets over the Knicks. The saying is right, "be careful what you wish for..".

RaiderLakersA's
01-09-2012, 01:18 PM
If I can wait, I'm sure Dwight can, too. Leave the trade demand on the table, but expect to play out this season in ORL. When the season ends, helicopter to the airport and catch the G650 to LA.

Finis.

SportsAndrew25
01-09-2012, 01:23 PM
He is so gonna be a Laker.

JordansBulls
01-09-2012, 01:28 PM
He is so gonna be a Laker.

Then he screws himself up. Not only would he had left Orlando like Shaq, but would go to the Lakers like Shaq and have the same nickname of Superman. He is only screwing himself up for failure to live up to what Shaq did if he goes to LA.

Rockice_8
01-09-2012, 01:34 PM
If I can wait, I'm sure Dwight can, too. Leave the trade demand on the table, but expect to play out this season in ORL. When the season ends, helicopter to the airport and catch the G650 to Brooklyn.

Finis.

Fixed

lakerboy
01-09-2012, 01:40 PM
What's troubling is that the Magic management still won't accept responsibility for their failure to assemble a great team around Dwight. They lost him the day they signed Rashard Lewis to a $120M contract. SMH

lakerboy
01-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Then he screws himself up. Not only would he had left Orlando like Shaq, but would go to the Lakers like Shaq and have the same nickname of Superman. He is only screwing himself up for failure to live up to what Shaq did if he goes to LA.

A few championships will fix this.

Young and Stupid
01-09-2012, 01:50 PM
I think Deron is an impatient point guard. He's definitely frustrated with the Nets crappy offense. I do think the more we lose, the more speculation of him getting traded and the less Dwight pictures himself in NJ.

I think we do have a great foundation with Avery / Proky and a top PG. Trust me YnS, I hope my claim is wrong too, but I'm just trying not to put myself in some amazing fantasy and having it shoot me in the foot. It's happened to us Nets fans for quite some time.

Deron is an impatient point guard who signed up for this (by instructing Billy King to take on small, one-year deals in order to facilitate the eventual acquisition of Dwight Howard). People seem to overlook the fact that Williams has, in a sense, submitted to the present in order to improve the future.

Is he frustrated? Sure. The Nets are a horrible basketball team and he's playing like ****. Does it matter if the public believes that Williams will be traded; or, more specifically, request to be traded? No. As long as the ship isn't sinking (in-house) the Nets are okay. Now, could public perception affect Howard's willingness to join the team? Yes. But if the connection between Deron and Dwight is as strong as it appears -- and as strong as they say it is -- then it's not going to deter him from going to the Nets.

Oh, and the by the way, the Nets do not have a good foundation with Avery Johnson as the coach. His system is putrid and his ability to develop players is unsatisfying. If they retain him in the future, he'll hold them back.

ldawg
01-09-2012, 02:14 PM
But the NBA stars GF, model and singer Christine Vest is looking VERY MUCH like a newly engaged woman. FIRST, check out her NEW YEARS outfit (below). She was wearing a DIAMOND ring on her left hand and a TIARA.

And we also got our hands on a recent PAINTING that Christine had COMMISSIONED of herself . . and it shows her in a WEDDING DRESS - with a bible quote commonly used by BRIDES!!!

So given ALL that evidence. We're gonna have to offer a CONGRATULATIONS to Dwight, who is a VERY private person.

And CONGRATS to all the LOS ANGELES LAKERS fans to. Christine was BORN AND RAISED in Los Angeles. And we hear she plans on STAYING in the city of angels for life.

JordansBulls
01-09-2012, 02:16 PM
A few championships will fix this.

That won't happen with that team unless Gasol stays as well. Also he would not come close to Shaq's dominance. If the Lakers gave up both Gasol/Bynum for Dwight that team would be more like the 2003 Lakers who had an even more dominant Kobe and even more dominant Dwight in Shaq that year.

ldawg
01-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Orlando will get nothing for Howard. And its going to be Howards fault. He wants out but he is given them hope he might stay. He is not firm with his request he is tring to be nice about it.

ne3xchamps
01-09-2012, 02:38 PM
this is just getting absurd now. :facepalm:

iggypop123
01-09-2012, 02:45 PM
That won't happen with that team unless Gasol stays as well. Also he would not come close to Shaq's dominance. If the Lakers gave up both Gasol/Bynum for Dwight that team would be more like the 2003 Lakers who had an even more dominant Kobe and even more dominant Dwight in Shaq that year.

the owner has already said he wont trade both. he said it would be silly to do so. so if you think howard goes to the lakers it would be in a bynum package. a big 3 of gasol howard and kobe can and would do some serious damage.

reffahead
01-09-2012, 03:01 PM
I still contend Joe and Al for Dwight (rental) and Turk works for both teams. Orlando gets two all stars and gets far away from Turk. They should sit both new acquisitions down and tank like hell. I'm talking Daniel Orton 36 mins. tanking.

Atl gets Dwight and if he bolts we get much needed salary relief as absolute worst case scenario which is not all that bad. Turk just sucks major balls tho.

shep33
01-09-2012, 03:19 PM
Straight up... Otis should just say "do you want to stay or do you want to go?"

Any hesitation by Howard... just trade him. Unless he signs on the dotted line for that big extension, or unless Orlando wins the title this year, Howard will not stay.

Young and Stupid
01-09-2012, 03:37 PM

Any hesitation by Howard... just trade him. Unless he signs on the dotted line for that big extension, or unless Orlando wins the title this year, Howard will not stay.

?... He's demanded a trade twice; and said that if the Magic don't trade him, they'll end up with nothing. Not sure what else he can do aside from physically give up on the team.

ldawg
01-09-2012, 04:09 PM

they will not win and he will not stay. If they know whats best they should get this **** over with. Look at dude emotions, His dody is there but his mind has left already. What are they waiting for?

LakersMaster24
01-09-2012, 04:42 PM
I think he either gets traded to the Lakers or becomes a free agent and signs somewhere else. I doubt he will get traded anywhere else.

Rockice_8
01-09-2012, 04:50 PM
He said he doesn't think he will be traded this year since they are playing well. Play hard until the end and go sign where you want. I'd trade him but I could definitely see Orlando playing it out.

RaiderLakersA's
01-09-2012, 05:09 PM

Right, because if there is a place where current great centers hate playing in the shadow of past great centers, it's LA. :rolleyes:

Dwight will be fine if he comes to LA. It's not like he's a shooting guard going to the Bulls or something. He has every chance to etch his name in the annals of greatness in LA, no matter what Shaq, or Wilt, or Kareem or whomever else did before him.

gatkins11
01-09-2012, 09:57 PM
Could somebody try to explain to me, why Dwight would want to go to the Mavs? Especially if he expects to be traded their, what would they have beside him and Dirk? They don't even have anything to trade for Dwight. I definitely don't understand why he would want to go to the Nets over the Knicks. The saying is right, "be careful what you wish for..".

Huge market, no state income tax, and great owner to name a few reasons.

The Jokemaker
01-09-2012, 10:10 PM
His life heh? So I guess we don't have to abide by contracts WE sign huh? So I can tell AT&T to shove it because it is MY life and I want to change phone service a year into my deal. Maybe if this clown had gone to college and learned something about how the world works. You sign a contract, you abide by it.

ldawg
01-10-2012, 04:39 AM
His life heh? So I guess we don't have to abide by contracts WE sign huh? So I can tell AT&T to shove it because it is MY life and I want to change phone service a year into my deal. Maybe if this clown had gone to college and learned something about how the world works. You sign a contract, you abide by it.Well if your phone keep droping calls you would want out right? And you will deal with it until your contract ends right? He is still playing the last time i looked. He is not doing the Lebron he is letting them know i want out, you trade me or you get nothing.

Going to school don't make you smart. It give you a skill to put food on your table and walk around with your chest out thinking you a better than the next person only to be lower on the food chain. Hey look at me i got a masters degree, you so stupid why you did't get one? you don't even know how the world works. Hey i did not want to risk an injury. I could have if i knew it made me more important. But i like my decision, Had i gone and got injured i would have a life like yours and make what you make, that would sucks. i'll get my masters when i retire and buy a telescope to see how the world works.

mgsports
01-10-2012, 11:44 AM
http://c.bizjournals.com/ct/c/44117581/Mjg0MzQzMTE6OjM3Mjc4OTE/
Magic get DWill in A Trade to make Howard happy.

JordansBulls
01-10-2012, 01:35 PM
http://c.bizjournals.com/ct/c/44117581/Mjg0MzQzMTE6OjM3Mjc4OTE/
Magic get DWill in A Trade to make Howard happy.

Where in that article does it say that?