PDA

View Full Version : When will OKC stop the silliness?

The Smurf
01-08-2012, 09:07 PM
When will OKC stop this ridiculous practice of starting Sefalosha and give Harden more minutes. I understand that he plays more minutes then Thabo, but Harden is clearly the 2nd best player on their team and might be a borderline all-star if he received a little more time on the court. I get that they are winning games, but it is stupid not to start him.

lovingTO
01-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Manu

smith&wesson
01-08-2012, 09:19 PM
When will OKC stop this ridiculous practice of starting Sefalosha and give Harden more minutes. I understand that he plays more minutes then Thabo, but Harden is clearly the 2nd best player on their team and might be a borderline all-star if he received a little more time on the court. I get that they are winning games, but it is stupid not to start him.

maybe they need him as a spark off the bench.

Baller1
01-08-2012, 09:22 PM
I hated it, but I've actually come to terms with it. Harden still plays at the end of games, still gets time with Durant and Westy, and is actually able to do more being on the second unit.

I'll just go with the cliche thing to say here, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

GoPacers33
01-08-2012, 09:34 PM
It doesn't matter as long as u win

utl768
01-08-2012, 09:41 PM
he is on my fantasy team so i want him to start but realistically his role is perfect as a scorer with the 2nd unit

stawka
01-08-2012, 09:56 PM
Manu

sb123
01-08-2012, 10:06 PM
Problem is, if I am Harden -- I leave OKC fast b/c he could be a max player but not with the minutes he gets.

Deception
01-08-2012, 10:08 PM
Problem is, if I am Harden -- I leave OKC fast b/c he could be a max player but not with the minutes he gets.

Or he could stay and be on a championship caliber team

sb123
01-08-2012, 10:12 PM
Or he could stay and be on a championship caliber team

Or he could sign a contract that nets him an extra 50 million for his career.

... Kids nowadays, must be easy when daddy pays the bills.

Geargo Wallace
01-08-2012, 10:31 PM
... Manu.

AnalyzeNShoot
01-08-2012, 10:46 PM
They need scoring off the bench, I think there are just fine the way they are, alot ppl are much big deal outta harden and westbrook one of the important things of this time was that there were no egos and i dont think its a problem.

concerned about ibaka though his scoring is down his rebound is down what going on

Cal827
01-08-2012, 10:48 PM
I don't know... I thought the FO's of the NBA day consisted of spinning around in circles on their mopeds trying to punch each other in the balls.

barreleffact
01-08-2012, 10:49 PM
Harden is NOT the 2nd best player on their team. Also, they would have no depth with him starting and their chemistry would be gone as well. You either start Harden or start Westbrook but not both. There are only so many shots to go around. Considering last year Westbrook was virtually identical to Rose, I think it's a better bet to start him.

seikou8
01-08-2012, 11:02 PM

i agree with you but okc and pay him or westbrook but not both.

DoubleDragon
01-08-2012, 11:17 PM

I agree in some ways, then again, (Laker fan here) the way the Lakers utilized Odom alot of the time, was quite effective. Leader of the bench, giving the second unit, effectively a starting quality player. Works for San Antonio as well, because Ginobli is definitely not the sixth option on that team. And that formula has won many championships, at least over the last decade. Is Harden a superior player, absolutely. But if it ain't broke...you get the jist.

GunFactor187
01-08-2012, 11:18 PM
Perfect analogy - You know how in every group of chicks there's ALWAYS that one ugly chick? Yeah, Thabo's that chick. It's when there's a high profile party that goes on where you bring another chick friend who's WAY better looking that chick being Harden.

DoubleDragon
01-08-2012, 11:18 PM
I hated it, but I've actually come to terms with it. Harden still plays at the end of games, still gets time with Durant and Westy, and is actually able to do more being on the second unit.

I'll just go with the cliche thing to say here, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

didn't see this before I posted. Great minds;)

MJ-BULLS
01-08-2012, 11:19 PM
As long as the team is winning And he is playing in the 4th quarter. Go with what you are doing that keeps making your team win.

ee
01-08-2012, 11:29 PM
off the bench is the way to go. mavs had stevenson starting over terry and won the title...

llemon
01-09-2012, 12:16 AM
Some people, and collectives of people, can sometimes find being silly to be fun and entertaining.

Obviously, not all people.

blastmasta26
01-09-2012, 12:46 AM
Harden is fine off the bench, his game is somewhat similar to Manu's anyway.

The Smurf
01-09-2012, 12:50 AM
I think it is nonsense. He is a much more complete player than a guy like Manu or Terry. He has the opportunity to be one of the best shooting guards in the game if given the playing time. I agree with the post that said he will soon leave to collect money and play a bigger role. I dont agree with the, "if it aint broke" philosophy. We dont know whether it is broke or not. Regardless of the decision with Harden OKC was going to be a top team in the league. There is no evidence to support that they wouldnt be better with him starting.

Cal827
01-09-2012, 12:56 AM
Maybe they worry about how he'll be as a starter. I mean for their next contract for him. If they play him off the bench, he won't be paid as much then as if he was a starter.

Suppose he started games next year (just before he becomes a FA) and averages 22-5-6 with great defense and like 50% from the field. Those types of numbers could garner him a max deal from someone. The fact that they are going to make a decision on Westbrook this year (he might get close to max) and the contracts that they already have, they would be in serious financial problems (since the Lux Tax is higher rate). If he comes off the bench and averages like 15-3-4, they wouldn't have to pay him a ton most likely (maybe 10 or 11 million per year at most).

If he resigns with OKC to a large deal, then I see him becoming starter the year he signs. Until then, taking their time is more fiscally responsible.

Gagan136
01-09-2012, 01:17 AM
Sefolosha only gets the starting role cause he is a good shooter but the main reason is his D, he usually steps up to guard the other teams best player, but i agree i think Harden should start and is undoubtedly there second best player.

WildcatsPride
01-09-2012, 01:20 AM
As good as James Harden is, you want your 6th man to be the best player coming off the bench. I think Harden is a much better player than Thabo, however, I don't think Thabo would an effective 6th man like Harden is.

mjokc
01-09-2012, 01:58 AM
Sefolosha only gets the starting role cause he is a good shooter but the main reason is his D, he usually steps up to guard the other teams best player, but i agree i think Harden should start and is undoubtedly there second best player.

Dude, wtf team are you watching?

ModernDaySavage
01-09-2012, 01:29 PM

People love to act so cool on the internet, this dude probably lives with his parents.

But for the topic, I don't see why people are so dumbfounded. For one, Westbrook is the 2nd best player on their team. For two, Harden off the bench is perfect because he can lead them and actually score. Thabo is a perfect role player because of his good defense, and he doesn't need to score one bit with Durant/Westy in the starting lineup. Switch Harden and Thabo and the lineup is nowhere near as effective since Harden's scoring isn't NEEDED with the starters.

KnickaBocka.44
01-09-2012, 01:31 PM
^ I think he meant adequate spot up shooter for Durant and Westbrook to kick too. But he did say the main reason was his D.

Cole World
01-09-2012, 03:42 PM
I think it is nonsense. He is a much more complete player than a guy like Manu or Terry. He has the opportunity to be one of the best shooting guards in the game if given the playing time. I agree with the post that said he will soon leave to collect money and play a bigger role. I dont agree with the, "if it aint broke" philosophy. We dont know whether it is broke or not. Regardless of the decision with Harden OKC was going to be a top team in the league. There is no evidence to support that they wouldnt be better with him starting.

How is James Harden a more complete player than Manu Ginobli?