PDA

View Full Version : Best rookie so far?

Pages : [1] 2

bballnews12
01-08-2012, 06:19 PM
alot of people would probably say Ricky Rubio, and there probably right but I think Derick Williams is playing excellent to.

tredigs
01-08-2012, 06:46 PM
Should've made a poll. I'm still waiting to see them all for a few more games/weeks.

Kyrie's good, but Rubio's a budding phenom. He has plenty of holes, but I'm more excite about him than any other player; definitely doing work to earn that hype.

Cfrey
01-08-2012, 06:48 PM
1. rubio
2. derrick williams
59. irving

iamsteel
01-08-2012, 06:58 PM
Well, at least the Wolves have 2 of the top 3 rookies (arguably). Irving has the edge right now, I think. Too bad it really doesn't mean anything.

thekmp211
01-08-2012, 07:12 PM
besides those guys, kemba walker has had his moments. iman shumpert and markieff morris also come to mind. i like the long-term potential of this class but it's looking weak in the immediate. not a lot of nba ready contributors.

todu82
01-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Ricky Rubio's been good so far, he'd be my choice.

latinofire21
01-08-2012, 07:29 PM
Iman Shumpert and its not even close!

Fnom11
01-08-2012, 07:30 PM
Rubio>Williams>Walker>Marshawn>Cole>Shump

Hawkeye15
01-08-2012, 07:34 PM
I think Rubio and Irving are the top of the class less than 10 games in, but I really like what I have seen out of Morris, Cole, Brooks, and Walker. Williams has looked like a keeper, but he isn't getting the minutes or role yet to be discussed with the top rookies. Though he could get some time if Beasley goes missing (I am willing to discuss terms).

Everyone needs to remember that the media votes on ROY, and they are in love with Rubio, so even if Rubio just stays in the race, it will be nearly impossible to beat him for the award.

SeoulBeatz
01-08-2012, 07:36 PM
Rubio and Irving just look like stars to me.

Rubio plays like a seasoned vet even while being so young, I really like what I'm seeing out of him.

Lakers4life08
01-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Rubio is fantastic,i think he will have couple of triple-double games this season....

Hawkeye15
01-08-2012, 07:47 PM
I added a poll

knickerbockerny
01-08-2012, 08:04 PM
I truly believe the rookie of the year is a three man race between Ricky Rubio, Kyrie Irving and Iman Shumpert.

Hellcrooner
01-08-2012, 08:28 PM
going wiht homer pick.

anyone surprised?

Korman12
01-08-2012, 08:47 PM
Rubio or Irving. Fine with either at this point.

jpagemn
01-08-2012, 08:57 PM
Right now it is between Rubio and irving, but like Hawk says, the media is in love with Ricky, so Kyrie is going to have to work his way onto top ten plays every night to catch up (which is sad). I would say Iman is next, he is a great two way guard. Marshin has come back down to Earth a bit, but is next for me. The rest have had a game or two, but probably dont make consideration at this point.

Still, it is so early. If one of these guys keeps climbing while the others level out, or we see some changes in starting status or minutes, this thing could easily get opened up.

BaddNewz
01-08-2012, 09:01 PM
Shump is balling but so are Morris from PHX, Rubio, and Cole from MIA too...I vote Shump though named the starter after 7 games...BOOM!

topdog
01-08-2012, 09:09 PM
and there probably right but I think Derick Williams is playing excellent to.http://www.collegefun4u.com/track.php?u=5

If he could get more minutes, he definitely would be getting a lot more consideration.

THE MTL
01-08-2012, 10:00 PM
Its between: Ricky Rubio, Kyrie Irving, Iman Shumpert, and MarShon Brooks.

everyone else doesnt have the playing time to be mentioned as "the best".

CaptainClutch
01-08-2012, 10:24 PM
Brooks has really impressed me, but being on a team struggling for offense, I can see why he's been getting all the credit

nickdymez
01-08-2012, 10:25 PM
Klay looks solid. Didn't know he had a shot like that..

Ebbs
01-09-2012, 01:52 PM
Rubio, Brooks, Cole, Williams, Kyrie would be my top 5 thus far in some order.

magichatnumber9
01-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Shumpert? Realy? I will wait a few more game before I judge on that

Slimsim
01-09-2012, 02:10 PM
Rubio
irving
Iman/Brooks
Brooks/Iman

Iodine
01-09-2012, 02:18 PM
Yeah let's give it to the guy who is shooting 41% and has poor handles and passing stats because he plays for the Knicks!

maddBat
01-09-2012, 02:21 PM
Rubio
irving
Iman/Brooks
Brooks/Iman

solid. from what ive seen and on my fantasy teams. they killing itt so far.

Kashmir13579
01-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Yeah let's give it to the guy who is shooting 41% and has poor handles and passing stats because he plays for the Knicks!

I want to be clear, there were 4 players i would've voted before Shump, but you are sounding like a hater right here. The Kid can ball, and whatever his stats may be, aren't reflective of what he can do. So far i've seen nothing that tells me he can't handle the rock, and his FG% will even out when he gets his feet under him. Out of all the rookies listed, Iman has played the least amount of games. Smallest sample size out of an already small sample size. If you've seen him play you'd know he has all the tools to be a productive NBA player and a nasty defender.

nycericanguy
01-09-2012, 02:36 PM
Way too early, but the top rookies so far to me have been

in no particular order.

Rubio
Shumpert
Irving
Brooks
Cole

Rockice_8
01-09-2012, 02:37 PM
Brooks, Irving, and Rubio in no order for tier 1

Tier 2 looks like Williams, Shumpert, and Kanter.

With all the talk of that being a weak class there are quite a few very solid players.

seikou8
01-09-2012, 02:47 PM

this just stupid this kid can ball he has the abilty to a quality starting pg i am glad to we draft him. now we arent stuck with toney douglas jacking up 3s.

nycericanguy
01-09-2012, 03:13 PM
Brooks, Irving, and Rubio in no order for tier 1

Tier 2 looks like Williams, Shumpert, and Kanter.

With all the talk of that being a weak class there are quite a few very solid players.

Shumpert is averaging 12.5 3.5 & 3.5 on a good team and is now the starting PG. Also shooting 40% from 3 when everyone said he couldnt shoot.

Brooks doesn't do much except score and he's doing so on one of the worst teams in the NBA.

Shumpert has been better than Brooks on both ends so far.

Kashmir13579
01-09-2012, 03:16 PM
Shumpert is averaging 12.5 3.5 & 3.5 on a good team and is now the starting PG. Also shooting 40% from 3 when everyone said he couldnt shoot.

Brooks doesn't do much except score and he's doing so on one of the worst teams in the NBA.

averaging 2 steals as well.

Kashmir13579
01-09-2012, 03:18 PM
^ i honestly believe Shump will be hated on by certain trolls no matter what, but i have seen some of the more respectable (non-Knick fan) posters praising what they've seen out of him so far. He could be the steal of the draft when its all said and done.

XpLiCiTT
01-09-2012, 03:19 PM
I'd definitely have to say Rubio

nycericanguy
01-09-2012, 03:21 PM
^ i honestly believe Shump will be hated on by certain trolls no matter what, but i have seen some of the more respectable (non-Knick fan) posters praising what they've seen out of him so far. He could be the steal of the draft when its all said and done.

agreed, the thing that impresses me about him to is his attitude. He is cocky as hell and thinks he is/will be great, but he has the work ethic to match that attitude. Alot of players are just cocky and think their talent will do all the work for them.

Shumpert reminds me of a Tyreke Evans with a better work ethic.

Iodine
01-09-2012, 03:29 PM
I want to be clear, there were 4 players i would've voted before Shump, but you are sounding like a hater right here. The Kid can ball, and whatever his stats may be, aren't reflective of what he can do. So far i've seen nothing that tells me he can't handle the rock, and his FG% will even out when he gets his feet under him. Out of all the rookies listed, Iman has played the least amount of games. Smallest sample size out of an already small sample size. If you've seen him play you'd know he has all the tools to be a productive NBA player and a nasty defender.

Man I must be a hater!

Try the stats on hoopdata, 82games, BBR, and other sites

And the dudes FG% in college was never great.

So yeah I must be a hater because I don't think he deserves to be mentioned in the same range as Rubio and Irving.

NYsFinest
01-09-2012, 03:33 PM
Man I must be a hater!

Try the stats on hoopdate, 82games, BBR, and other sites

So yeah I must be a hater because I don't think he deserves to be mentioned in the same range as Rubio and Irving.

Only reason shump is shooting 41% is because he shot 3-13 his first game and missed a couple of wide open lay ups (first game jitters).... his other 3 games he has shot 49% and shot within the flow of the offense, is actually a great passer and has been by far the best Knick defender (forcing 5-6 turnovers by himself every game). Way too early to call him ROY or mention him in the same breath as rubio... but the he deserves some credit.

AI4MVP
01-09-2012, 03:34 PM
This rookie class actually have a few Franchise players.

Ricky Rubio, MarShon Brooks, Derrick Williams, and Kyrie Irving will all be stars

Hawkeye15
01-09-2012, 03:34 PM

Shumpert deserves some mention. Its not like this rookie class has a Blake in it. The ROY will very well end up well under 20 ppg for instance, so its a wide open race.

Hawkeye15
01-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Only reason shump is shooting 41% is because he shot 3-13 his first game and missed a couple of wide open lay ups (first game jitters).... his other 3 games he has shot 49% and shot within the flow of the offense, is actually a great passer and has been by far the best Knick defender (forcing 5-6 turnovers by himself every game). Way too early to call him ROY or mention him in the same breath as rubio... but the he deserves some credit.

good points. And that is why I agree, that the ROY race is wide open right now. Clearly Rubio and Irving are leading right now, but there are 56-58 more games to play.

Iodine
01-09-2012, 03:37 PM
this just stupid this kid can ball he has the abilty to a quality starting pg i am glad to we draft him. now we arent stuck with toney douglas jacking up 3s.

Ability is there, yes, dude has good skills all around.

The production hasnt been there whether its been from the injury he had, the lack of any of his shots from 16 ft to the three point line have landed, or he doesnt know what to do out there as a result from meh to lolwut coaching his collegiate and now D'Antoni filled career.

But I guess I am a troll/hater/whatever else kashmir want's to call me because I am not in love with him

seikou8
01-09-2012, 03:39 PM
Man I must be a hater!

what does being a hater get you a cookie?

ThunderousDemon
01-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Tim Tebow

GhostfaceDrilla
01-09-2012, 03:48 PM
Reality: Iman Shumpert looks like he was a steal and could be a solid starter for years to come.

Knicks fans: Iman Shumpert is easily a top 10 player in the NBA and it is a monstrosity for people to say Durant, Dirk, Howard, Wade, and LeBron are better than him. Iman Shumpert is very arguably a top 5 shooting guard in NBA history already and anyone who says he will not be better than Michael Jordan is an idiot.

Kyrie Irving and Rucky Rubio are the leaders. Markieff Morris from Phoenix has been really good too.

Iodine
01-09-2012, 03:48 PM

That game does weight down the FG% yes, but even if you discount that he is shooting under 50% so far. He does create a ton of turnovers (I was at the wiz game on friday and the 5 steals he had was less than it even seemed like), but the thing is I guess I would like a guy who is so athletic and stuff to be able to create better finishes and not average 2.8ish FTA's a game.

Was I overreacting in my original post? Of course I was because if there is one thing I love on PSD it's angering people. But after dealing with around a month and a half worth of Iman gonna be da bestezt! I am underwhelmed. Also since you are rational please ignore the next paragraph.

And it's awesome that I get crucified almost instantly because I am pointing out that based off how he has played so far, not projecting the rest of the season (where I see him stabilizing his shooting and an assist uptick even though I think the TO's are there), or projecting their careers. based on actually performance so far he isnt top five, and when kashmir said "LOLZ SMALL SAMPLE SIZEZEZEZ" I mean what sample size do I have to use for any other rookie. I am not projecting anything, just saying he should not be in contention for the ROY based on how he HAS PLAYED UP TO THIS POINT

Cole World
01-09-2012, 03:51 PM
This rookie class actually have a few Franchise players.

Ricky Rubio, MarShon Brooks, Derrick Williams, and Kyrie Irving will all be stars

Nobody in this rookie class will be a "star"

Kashmir13579
01-09-2012, 03:52 PM
Man I must be a hater!

Funny they have the same offensive rating. And like i said, Iman's sample size in the NBA is HALF of Kyrie's - so citing stat websites isn't gonna fly, yet.

You said he can't handle the rock, or pass, which sounds like hate to me. Knicks play tonight, might wanna tune in and familiarize yourself with the kid's skillset and on-court demeaner - you might be singing a different tune.

Hellcrooner
01-09-2012, 03:54 PM

Deppends what you consider a star.

Was Jason Kidd one?

Kashmir13579
01-09-2012, 03:56 PM
And it's awesome that I get crucified almost instantly because I am pointing out that based off how he has played so far, not projecting the rest of the season (where I see him stabilizing his shooting and an assist uptick even though I think the TO's are there), or projecting their careers. based on actually performance so far he isnt top five, and when kashmir said "LOLZ SMALL SAMPLE SIZEZEZEZ" I mean what sample size do I have to use for any other rookie. I am not projecting anything, just saying he should not be in contention for the ROY based on how he HAS PLAYED UP TO THIS POINT

I truly find that insulting.

EDIT: I'm fine with him not being in conrtention for ROY at this point, as i stated in my first post responing to you. My gripe is the filler you added to your post. To say he doesn't have handles and can't pass is sooo far off.

I love how easily you catagorize me as a fan who overrates their players, when i made it clear from the start i didn't think he was in contention for ROY, at this point.

GhostfaceDrilla
01-09-2012, 04:00 PM
Deppends what you consider a star.

Was Jason Kidd one?

Uhhh is that even a question....

alencp3
01-09-2012, 04:07 PM
1. Rubio
2. Irving
3. Morris
4. Cole

AI4MVP
01-09-2012, 04:07 PM

You are wrong.

KingsOfQueens
01-09-2012, 04:09 PM
1. Rubio
2. Irving
3. Shumpert (Really not trying to be a homer but if you see NYK play when he is on the floor they are a completely different team)
4. Williams
5. Morris/Brooks

Hellcrooner
01-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Uhhh is that even a question....

for some kids nowdays you are only a star if you score a ton.

Slimsim
01-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Reality: Iman Shumpert looks like he was a steal and could be a solid starter for years to come.

Knicks fans: Iman Shumpert is easily a top 10 player in the NBA and it is a monstrosity for people to say Durant, Dirk, Howard, Wade, and LeBron are better than him. Iman Shumpert is very arguably a top 5 shooting guard in NBA history already and anyone who says he will not be better than Michael Jordan is an idiot.

Kyrie Irving and Rucky Rubio are the leaders. Markieff Morris from Phoenix has been really good too.

Finally Someone gets it

This is terrible trolling by the way

Slimsim
01-09-2012, 04:34 PM
No one mention kemba ?

Antipod
01-09-2012, 04:41 PM
i`ve been rly impressed by Rubio...after that, there is Brooks and Shumpert

Rockice_8
01-09-2012, 04:41 PM

I'm in no way hating on Shumpert here but no he hasn't been better then Brooks on both ends of the floor, that's flat out false. Watch Brooks play he's so much more then a scorer. His PER is top 25 in the whole league and best in the rookie class. He's a very good passer with nobody to finish the play for him so his APG aren't as high as they should be. Brooks has been better then Shumpert so far (by a slight margin). Stop with the whole good team bad team argument. Shumpert isn't getting doubled like Brooks in the Celtics game.

Shump is shooting 40% from deep which is great and 40% overall which is bad. He beat out Douglas for the starting PG spot, not all that impressive. The fact that Shumpert is 2nd in this voting just shows how many Knicks homers there really are. Clearly Rubio, Brooks, and Irving have all been better.

beasted86
01-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Kyrie Irving.

Look at the weapons around Rubio, and look at the weapons around Irving. Then ask why the teams have the respective records they do.

Noicee
01-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Why isn't Brandon Knight an option?

:laugh2: He's avg 12 points 3 ast 3 reb.

In limited playing time.

Noicee
01-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Kyrie Irving.

Look at the weapons around Rubio, and look at the weapons around Irving. Then ask why the teams have the respective records they do.

Then look @ the weapons for Detroit.

No one

Noicee
01-09-2012, 04:45 PM
You should put Knight in the pool considering he's probably top 3 rookie lol

Sactown
01-09-2012, 04:47 PM
Put the money on JIMMER

jmoney85
01-09-2012, 04:52 PM
this whole thread will consist of picking the rookie from your favorite team even though he should be nowhere near the roy award (shumpert)

in reality from what ive seen so far its rubio,brooks,irving...

jpagemn
01-09-2012, 04:55 PM

I think this might quickly deteriorate into a "super model" arguement, but I am genuinely curious what you, and some other PSDers, think the definition of "star" is.

Care to elaborate?

nycericanguy
01-09-2012, 04:56 PM
I'm in no way hating on Shumpert here but no he hasn't been better then Brooks on both ends of the floor, that's flat out false. Watch Brooks play he's so much more then a scorer. His PER is top 25 in the whole league and best in the rookie class. He's a very good passer with nobody to finish the play for him so his APG aren't as high as they should be. Brooks has been better then Shumpert so far (by a slight margin). Stop with the whole good team bad team argument. Shumpert isn't getting doubled like Brooks in the Celtics game.

Shump is shooting 40% from deep which is great and 40% overall which is bad. He beat out Douglas for the starting PG spot, not all that impressive. The fact that Shumpert is 2nd in this voting just shows how many Knicks homers there really are. Clearly Rubio, Brooks, and Irving have all been better.

Rubio & Irving have clearly been better, Brooks vs Shumpert is very much debatable.

I dont like playing the "what if" game, but if Shumpert was on NJ I think he'd be averaging close to 18ppg. Brooks has 1ppg on Shumpert but Shumpert beats him pretty much everywhere else. Brooks at 46% fg vs Shumpert at 41% isn't a big deal. Shumpert was 3-13 his first game and missed several easy layups, he was nervous. But since then he's been at 50%.

I've seen Brooks play almost every game, he can play, I'm just not too impressed with 13ppg on a horrible team.

Kashmir13579
01-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Rubio & Irving have clearly been better, Brooks vs Shumpert is very much debatable.

I dont like playing the "what if" game, but if Shumpert was on NJ I think he'd be averaging close to 18ppg. Brooks has 1ppg on Shumpert but Shumpert beats him pretty much everywhere else. Brooks at 46% fg vs Shumpert at 41% isn't a big deal. Shumpert was 3-13 his first game and missed several easy layups, he was nervous. But since then he's been at 50%.

I've seen Brooks play almost every game, he can play, I'm just not too impressed with 13ppg on a horrible team.

He will get better as will Iman. Truth be told i was hoping we would draft Brooks, but i understand why we went with the better defender and distributor.

beasted86
01-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Then look @ the weapons for Detroit.

No one

I don't get where you are trying to go with this. Their record is worse than Cleveland and Minnesota.

Cleveland is at least .500 and has a pretty weak roster, and Kyrie is ballin'.

Rubio, Knight, and others are playing well, but their team is losing and/or they have better teammates.

beasted86
01-09-2012, 05:10 PM

Shumpert is 1st among rookies in minutes per game, 4th among all rookies in FGA per game, and 4th on the Knicks in FGA.

What makes you think he'd average any more on the Nets than he does on the Knicks? As a matter of simple common sense logic, Shumpert didn't even average 18 PPG in college playing as the #1 option of a losing Georgia Tech team taking 100 more shots in the season than the next closest guy on the team.

nycericanguy
01-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Shumpert is 1st among rookies in minutes per game, 4th among all rookies in FGA per game, and 4th on the Knicks in FGA.

What makes you think he'd average any more on the Nets than he does on the Knicks? As a matter of simple common sense logic, Shumpert didn't even average 18 PPG in college playing as the #1 option of a losing Georgia Tech team taking 100 more shots in the season than the next closest guy on the team.

you dont think he'd get more than 11 FGA PG in NJ? I certainly think he would, but thats just my opinion of course.

Sactown
01-09-2012, 05:24 PM
I think it's got to be IMAN, he's rumored to be the best 2 way player! Haven't you heard!? :speechless:

3mikee_
01-09-2012, 05:26 PM
People hating on Brooks? By far the best scorer and is single handedly giving that crappy New Jersey team a chance in games. I think it's Rubio and Brooks and the rest aren't even close.. especially Shumpert whose played in like 3 games.

Ill21
01-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Rubio, Iman and Irving have all been really good.

jmoney85
01-09-2012, 05:40 PM
shumpert isnt even that good... i swear i have only seen knick fans say hes been good

njnets825
01-09-2012, 05:47 PM
shumpert is pretty good, i've watched some knick games. he's aggressive, confident and brings energy. averaging 18 pts on the nets is a stretch. brooks is averaging whatever he is and teams are already doubling the guy. shumpert has amare and melo, defenses get to focus on him like they do to brooks.

Rockice_8
01-09-2012, 05:58 PM
you dont think he'd get more than 11 FGA PG in NJ? I certainly think he would, but thats just my opinion of course.

And what you completely fail to ignore how efficiently Brooks is getting those points. He's not chucking like Shumpert in the SSOL offense. If Brooks was on NY he'd be averaging 20ppg. Brooks PER is top 25 in the league (the whole league that is).

Shumpert is getting way better shots playing with guys like Melo and Amare and did you just seriously type that 41% isn't that different then 46%. You do realize that that's alot better right?

Shumpert plays better D and Brooks is the better scorer.

Ill21
01-09-2012, 05:59 PM
shumpert isnt even that good... i swear i have only seen knick fans say hes been good

Out of all Rookies he is 3rd in points with 12.5 ppg, 4th in eff with 13.2, 1st in min with 29.9, 1st in steals 2.0 pg. So the stats back up the argument.

Rockice_8
01-09-2012, 06:02 PM
http://www.nba.com/rookie-ladder/

Apparently the best rookie isn't even on the list. Shump is nowhere to be found.

elonepb
01-09-2012, 06:03 PM
Knicks fans will say Shumpert, Nets fans will say Marshon Brooks, and the rest of the people with brains will say Rubio.

elonepb
01-09-2012, 06:04 PM
http://www.nba.com/rookie-ladder/

Apparently the best rookie isn't even on the list. Shump is nowhere to be found.

And deservedly so. He's only played in what, 2 games?

nycericanguy
01-09-2012, 06:06 PM
And what you completely fail to ignore how efficiently Brooks is getting those points. He's not chucking like Shumpert in the SSOL offense. If Brooks was on NY he'd be averaging 20ppg. Brooks PER is top 25 in the league (the whole league that is).

Shumpert is getting way better shots playing with guys like Melo and Amare and did you just seriously type that 41% isn't that different then 46%. You do realize that that's alot better right?

Shumpert plays better D and Brooks is the better scorer.

I'm not sure where you've been but this tells me you havent watched many Knick games. NY hasn't run the SSOL offense in almost 3 years!

Brooks attemps over 17 FG's per 36 minutes, Shumpert 13.5, so who's really the chucker?

Nikola Vucevic is top 10 in the NBA right now in PER... Al Harrington is top 25, that doesn't mean much this early in the season, almost silly to even bring it up really.

beasted86
01-09-2012, 06:10 PM

He would, but would in turn miss more shots.

Even remaining at the same 41 FG%, getting to the FT line at the same rate, and making the same amount of 3PT shots per game..... he'd have to take approx 16-17 FGA a game to average 18PPG which is more than Deron Williams takes right now.

So in short, no, he wouldn't get the shot attempts or shoot a high enough % to average 18 PPG.

Spiggity_ace
01-09-2012, 06:10 PM
lol **** i voted irving cuz i keepforgetting rubio is a rookie but id go rubio, irving, brooks

in that order, i hope by the end of theseason knight is in first place

nycericanguy
01-09-2012, 06:18 PM
He would, but would in turn miss more shots.

Even remaining at the same 41 FG%, getting to the FT line at the same rate, and making the same amount of 3PT shots per game..... he'd have to take approx 16-17 FGA a game to average 18PPG which is more than Deron Williams takes right now.

So in short, no, he wouldn't get the shot attempts or shoot a high enough % to average 18 PPG.

its just too early to judge any of these stats really. As someone bought up, Shumpert has shot 50% since that 3-13 game against BOS. Not that you should throw that game out the window entirely, but those who watched it saw him miss 2 or 3 point blank layups out of nervousness. Understandable as it was his 1st NBA game

I don't expect him to shoot 50% or to continue to shoot 40% from 3, but his stroke is too good to shoot 41% all year, things will even out. You can really tell he worked real hard on his shot.

cbreezy34
01-09-2012, 06:19 PM
It's hard to taske PSD seriously when Irving finishes where he finished here.

jmoney85
01-09-2012, 06:19 PM
its just too early to judge any of these stats really. As someone bought up, Shumpert has shot 50% since that 3-13 game against BOS. Not that you should throw that game out the window entirely, but those who watched it saw him miss 2 or 3 point blank layups out of nervousness. Understandable as it was his 1st NBA game

I don't expect him to shoot 50% or to continue to shoot 40% from 3, but his stroke is too good to shoot 41% all year, things will even out. You can really tell he worked real hard on his shot.

well his georgia tech history proves otherwise

nycericanguy
01-09-2012, 06:21 PM
well his georgia tech history proves otherwise

you're right, players can't improve their shot after college. :rolleyes:

If theres one thing I really like about Shumpert is his work ethic, he knows people said he couldnt shoot, and he worked on it alot...

jmoney85
01-09-2012, 06:24 PM
you're right, players can't improve their shot after college. :rolleyes:

If theres one thing I really like about Shumpert is his work ethic, he knows people said he couldnt shoot, and he worked on it alot...

he shot terrible for 3 years at GT... you think he never tried working on his shot? some people arent good shooters

NYKNYGNYY
01-09-2012, 06:33 PM
well obviously i wanna say Shump but thats cus i havnt seen much of the others, just moved into my own appartment dont have cable yet...its crushing me :facepalm: i have to drive 20 miles to go to my moms n watch knicks games with my lil bro

RenegadeRiot36
01-09-2012, 06:40 PM
It has to be Kyrie. People are forgetting about another facet of the game called defense. Also you cant argue with his stats so far this year. He is the sole reason the Cavs have the record they do right now. And he does it without Kevin Love and Michael Beasley on his team. Its amazing how much people give into the media who are in love with Rubio.

Yes, i am a Cavs fan but Im going through this unbiased, and it is ridiculous how the poll results can be as bad as they are.

jpagemn
01-09-2012, 06:45 PM
It has to be Kyrie. People are forgetting about another facet of the game called defense. Also you cant argue with his stats so far this year. He is the sole reason the Cavs have the record they do right now. And he does it without Kevin Love and Michael Beasley on his team. Its amazing how much people give into the media who are in love with Rubio.

Yes, i am a Cavs fan but Im going through this unbiased, and it is ridiculous how the poll results can be as bad as they are.

Agree that Love helps Rubio, disagree that Beasley does. Would add that once a game lobs to AR and Williams sure do help, too.

Rubio has been pretty good on defense, too, actually. He gets lost in picks, though, that's for sure.

But that last sentence irks me, not just about this topic, but PSD, and probably the web in general. So you, a Cavs fan, can be unbiased (and I am not disputing that) but all the people who vote for Rubio must have given in to this media bias? How can that be? Can't some fans be as unbiased as you are?

Cfrey
01-09-2012, 06:46 PM
Beasely ? -_________________ -

LOL dude you are stupid... the wolves are a top team in the league when Rubio is on the court I don't care what anybody else has to say. the dude does things on the court that would make any team 100x better

nycericanguy
01-09-2012, 06:52 PM
he shot terrible for 3 years at GT... you think he never tried working on his shot? some people arent good shooters

I personally watched David Lee go from being a bad shooter, to one of the best shooting big men in the NBA. Amare did the same.

The kid is 21 years old, of course he can improve his shot! he already has from what I've seen. Keep in mind he was "the guy" at GT and had to take alot of bad shots against the clock. Its not uncommon at all for good players to have shot poorly in college.

jmoney85
01-09-2012, 06:58 PM
I personally watched David Lee go from being a bad shooter, to one of the best shooting big men in the NBA. Amare did the same.

The kid is 21 years old, of course he can improve his shot! he already has from what I've seen. Keep in mind he was "the guy" at GT and had to take alot of bad shots against the clock. Its not uncommon at all for good players to have shot poorly in college.

amare and david lee shot pretty well from the get go

david lee shot almost 60 percent in his rookie year

and amare shot 47 percent when he was a 19 year old rookie

bofakop
01-09-2012, 07:06 PM
I see alot of my fellow Knick fans have been in here...lol I like Rubio.. although I really hate that he can even be included in the Rook class. Don't really feel this is a super strong draft class
Kyrie gonna be pretty good
Shump gonna be solid all around player .. good defender.. working on shot.. seen him more than any others so can't really comment yet on alot of players.. think need to wait at least a month to get legit reading on all the rooks

smood999
01-09-2012, 07:12 PM
lol at shump in 2nd...but honestly irving, rubio, then shump...then brooks/cole

miller
01-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Rubio has been the best so far, but come the end of the season I think Irving will be the best rookie.

ee
01-09-2012, 07:21 PM
marshon should be a solid starter this season.... seen him every game and tgose long arms gives leverage both on offense and defense.....

jmoney85
01-09-2012, 07:29 PM
how has rubio been the best... his stats say otherwise

SlimKid
01-09-2012, 07:35 PM

How??

Crackadalic
01-09-2012, 08:06 PM
amare and david lee shot pretty well from the get go

david lee shot almost 60 percent in his rookie year

and amare shot 47 percent when he was a 19 year old rookie

That's because most of there points came from around the rim and not 15-18 feet away from the basket which they learn to do over the coarse of there career

Hellcrooner
01-09-2012, 08:23 PM

watch the games not the stats or highlits, dont be another tool.

jmoney85
01-09-2012, 08:29 PM
watch the games not the stats or highlits, dont be another tool.

if people are going to bring up the stat argument in other scenarios than why not with rubio? does he get a pass... stats matter in every sport... players get paid on stats

jmoney85
01-09-2012, 08:32 PM
That's because most of there points came from around the rim and not 15-18 feet away from the basket which they learn to do over the coarse of there career

i was actually saying how they shot pretty well from deep...

jpagemn
01-09-2012, 09:04 PM

is it the first in rookies in assists and ninth overall in the league you dont like? Or is it fourth in the leageu amongst pgs in rebounds? He doesnt score enough for your basketball sensabilities? OK, fair enough. I am pretty sure I know a PSD poster who is, in all actuality, JJ Berea. I will ask him if, for you, he can talk Rubio into scoring more.

John Walls Era
01-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Derrick Williams, Marshon Brooks, Cole and maybe Rubio.

jpagemn
01-09-2012, 09:24 PM
Derrick Williams, Marshon Brooks, Cole and maybe Rubio.

you're cute when you are confused. Like a puppy.

nycericanguy
01-09-2012, 09:24 PM
i was actually saying how they shot pretty well from deep...

no offense but did you watch Lee & Stat EARLY in their careers? THey were HORRIBLE outside shooters.

Lee just kept working on it and by year 3 he was a very good outside shooter.

UPRock
01-09-2012, 09:25 PM
Going with Irving, but if Rubio becomes a starter he's going to be the Rookie of the year.

beasted86
01-09-2012, 09:32 PM
Does anyone know why Rubio isn't the starter, or more importantly why Ridnour is still playing more minutes than him even if Rubio is coming off the bench?

jpagemn
01-09-2012, 09:44 PM
It probably has as much to do with the condensed schedule as it does his being a rookie. Adlman has been bemoaning not getting enough practice time. Not a bad idea to bring him along a bit at a time, Imo. And until today, the Wolves didnt have another option than Ridnour. JJ is back tonight, but he is more of a midget SG who sometimes remembers to pass than a PG.

naps
01-09-2012, 09:56 PM
I think it's Rubio or Kyrie at this moment but Norris Cole has been a stud so far. ROY award usually goes to the player who has the best stats. If Cole was not in Miami and getting as many minutes I firmly believe he would be in the race.

NBAfan4life
01-09-2012, 10:08 PM
I really just like Rubio's game so he got my vote.

LA_Raiders
01-09-2012, 10:53 PM
Rubio should be starting by now... He is great...

CostanzaNumba0
01-09-2012, 11:31 PM
Shumpert looks awesome when he manages to play

Noicee
01-09-2012, 11:49 PM
Knight with another good game.

13 Points 5 rebounds...

6-10 fg.

Why are people not including Knight in here. All I see is Shumpert are people really stupid

THE MTL
01-09-2012, 11:52 PM
Knight with another good game.

13 Points 5 rebounds...

6-10 fg.

Why are people not including Knight in here. All I see is Shumpert are people really stupid

Iman Shumpert 16pts 6 rebounds 4assists 3 steals in a WIN! (not a blow-out loss). Are u really stupid?

mdm692
01-10-2012, 12:02 AM
^^^markieff morris 13pts 10rbs 3asst a couple blocks in an *** whooping of the bucks last night

mdm692
01-10-2012, 12:03 AM
And morris is 9th in nba in 3pt shooting

beasted86
01-10-2012, 12:11 AM
Marson Brooks 1/9/12 vs. Hawks:

19pts 10rbs 2asst 50% FG 50% 3PT.

Are we really going to just keep doing this "I'll try and one up your statline" game?

All things said Irving and Rubio are ahead of everyone else. They control the game, and are leaders when they are in there. They aren't just another role player. Teams are scouting them as game-changers.

jmoney85
01-10-2012, 12:16 AM
same thing with brooks... dude gets doubled like crazy ... just gotta wait till brook gets back i guess

Slimsim
01-10-2012, 12:19 AM
Iman best rookie defender

jmoney85
01-10-2012, 12:35 AM
knick fans : iman shumpert is the next jordan and in the offseason he cures cancer in 3rd world countries

seikou8
01-10-2012, 12:45 AM
knick fans : iman shumpert is the next jordan and in the offseason he cures cancer in 3rd world countries

wow stop saying that not every knicks fan is a homer and troll like you now go back to trash you live under please and thankyou, ps no knicks fan has even siad anything homerish or wrong about iman shumpert dumbass posters:facepalm:

Slimsim
01-10-2012, 12:47 AM
Why did so many teams pass up on Brooks ? He is clearly the best scorer in the draft

AddiX
01-10-2012, 12:51 AM
Why did so many teams pass up on Brooks ? He is clearly the best scorer in the draft

Because he's built like a high school girl and doesn't do anything but shoot.

But even I'll admit I was in the Knicks forum screaming for them to draft him.:D

I'm more than happy with shump though, and I don't think any rookie has separated themselves from the rest of the pack yet. None of them have been consistent, and its far to early for this thread IMO.

Slimsim
01-10-2012, 12:51 AM

nets fans : marshon brooks is the next kobe and in the offseason he will cure aids and feed starving childern in 3rd world countries

:facepalm:

billsftw
01-10-2012, 12:53 AM
wow stop saying that not every knicks fan is a homer and troll like you now go back to trash you live under please and thankyou, ps no knicks fan has even siad anything homerish or wrong about iman shumpert dumbass posters:facepalm:

so saying hes a potential superstar isnt homerish?
hes not even close

waveycrockett
01-10-2012, 12:59 AM
Because he's built like a high school girl and doesn't do anything but shoot.

But even I'll admit I was in the Knicks forum screaming for them to draft him.:D

I'm more than happy with shump though, and I don't think any rookie has separated themselves from the rest of the pack yet. None of them have been consistent, and its far to early for this thread IMO.

Marshon Brooks just had 10 rebounds today LOL

Knicks21
01-10-2012, 01:07 AM
Marshon Brooks just had 10 rebounds today LOL

Rebounds don't mean anything unless you do it on a consistent basis.

Greet
01-10-2012, 01:09 AM
I haven't posted in this thread yet because I didn't want to come off as a homer but I have to put my input into it now.

Marshon has been the best rookie in the NBA so far and it's apparent. You guys talk about Iman and Rubio but c'mon really, when teams play the Knicks who are they worried about? Not Iman.

Brooks is already drawing double teams when he touches the ball, he's playing with a lack of talent on the team outside of Deron and he's been playing great.

Knicks21
01-10-2012, 01:15 AM
Rubio has been the best so far, and no MarShawn has not played better.

Knicks21
01-10-2012, 01:16 AM
I haven't posted in this thread yet because I didn't want to come off as a homer but I have to put my input into it now.

Marshon has been the best rookie in the NBA so far and it's apparent. You guys talk about Iman and Rubio but c'mon really, when teams play the Knicks who are they worried about? Not Iman.

Brooks is already drawing double teams when he touches the ball, he's playing with a lack of talent on the team outside of Deron and he's been playing great.

Rubio changes the game, Morrow could do what MarShawn is doing.

Greet
01-10-2012, 01:19 AM
Rubio changes the game, Morrow could do what MarShawn is doing.

Rubio is becoming so overrated. Morrow can't do what Marshon does (Please for the love of god spell his name right), not many players can. Marshon has natural scoring ability and despite being one of the two guys on the team who can create his own shot and faces a double team, he's been playing unbelievably. Rubio is good, but he's still averaging a lot of turnovers and needs to get smarter with his decisions.

GrandDaddyPurp
Jimmer is not an option in the poll. Close this thread immediately.

NYsFinest

Dude I would get double teamed on that roster... Teams aren't "worried" about anyone on the Nets.

Watch Iman play, its not about his points and scoring isn't even his strong suit, but he literally hounds people on defense. He is 6-5 and build like amar'e and he's been getting 3-4 clean steals a game, causing lots of deflections and has the opposing guard scrambling on every play down the court. This guy literally doesn't take a play off on defense.

He's extremely versitile... can rebound, has been the Knicks best passer and ball mover as well, I was very surpised to see him threading the needle into the paint and throwing lobs everywhere.

AddiX
01-10-2012, 01:20 AM

Ad iman still has better #s almost across the board than him, and is 200x better on defense. But your not a homer?

Are we also forgetting how iman bested on deron and marshon in the preseason?

I'm not even a marshon hater one bit, but you guys keep coming in here building up marshon and talking smack on shump, shon looked like a scared child when they went head to head.

meloman1592
01-10-2012, 01:21 AM
Shump.......that is all

LongIslandIcedZ
01-10-2012, 01:22 AM

So we're gonna punish Shumpert and Rubio because they play with more threatening teammates? That doesnt make sense.

Every time I wanna vote Shumpert, I get flashes of all Rubio's awesome passes. It's Rubio

Knicks21
01-10-2012, 01:23 AM
Rubio is becoming so overrated. Morrow can't do what Marshon does (Please for the love of god spell his name right), not many players can. Marshon has natural scoring ability and despite being one of the two guys on the team who can create his own shot and faces a double team, he's been playing unbelievably. Rubio is good, but he's still averaging a lot of turnovers and needs to get smarter with his decisions.

I got the capital S right at least :D. Point guards usually do average more turnovers than shooting guards. Rubio has changed that wolves team, i give more credit to players who can set up team mates than ones who can score individually.

Slimsim
01-10-2012, 01:27 AM
I just think Iman defense is what makes him so great between the other rookies

Hawkeye15
01-10-2012, 01:29 AM
Jimmer is not an option in the poll. Close this thread immediately.

why should he be right now?

NYsFinest
01-10-2012, 01:30 AM
I just think Iman defense is what makes him so great between the other rookies

Nets fans bragging about MarShon getting 10 rebounds with a frontcourt of Petro and Sheldon Williams... when Shump had 5 steals the other game.

Hawkeye15
01-10-2012, 01:30 AM
I will say, the overall number of Knicks fans on this site do crush some polls, but it really doesn't matter. The media votes for ROY. They are literally in love with Rubio. Its his award to lose this season.

Yankee Clipper
01-10-2012, 01:31 AM
Irving, Rubio, and Shumpert have impressed me the most so far.

Slimsim
01-10-2012, 01:31 AM
I will say, the overall number of Knicks fans on this site do crush some polls, but it really doesn't matter. The media votes for ROY. They are literally in love with Rubio. Its his award to lose this season.

I just hope Iman can get top 5 in the rookies ladder

NYsFinest
01-10-2012, 01:32 AM

Rubi should and will win it, hes averaging 8 assists in 28 mpg.... just saying Shumpert will be top 3.

Corey
01-10-2012, 01:33 AM
Irving and Rubio are tier 1 right now in my opinion.

Hawkeye15
01-10-2012, 01:34 AM
I just hope Iman can get top 5 in the rookies ladder

good chance he will. He is a good two way player who plays a position that his team needs production from. I think he will have a good rookie season.

Knicks21
01-10-2012, 01:37 AM
Polls like these are really quite useless, may as well rename the title vote for the rookie on your team.

latinofire21
01-10-2012, 01:37 AM
I agree with Hawkeye for once but only partially. Right now its Rubios to lose but I think its because Shumpert went down early with an injury. Shumpert has just as much media power as Rubio. Hes already a fan favorite in NY the media captial of the world.

If the Twolves dont make the playoffs and the Knicks make a top 3 standing with shumpert in the starting lineup I dont think you can give it to Rubio. They are both putting up impressive numbers, but when your an integral part of making a superteam work together and you make a playoff run I think you will be higher regarded then a team that doesnt make the playoffs. With that said if the Timberwolves even make the playoffs then I dont see Shumpert beating Rubio.

AddiX
01-10-2012, 01:49 AM

I agree with you there, this mother fcker turns the ball over and they say "wow, isn't this kid something else? What a pistol pete type turnover!":D

Maybe nit that bad, but it's bad, I've never seen a player outside of lebron James, who do something so normal and average and have the world act like it's special.

His NBA.com highlights have been open layups and simple mid range jumpers. Really?:facepalm:

Greet
01-10-2012, 02:11 AM
Ad iman still has better #s almost across the board than him, and is 200x better on defense. But your not a homer?

Are we also forgetting how iman bested on deron and marshon in the preseason?

I'm not even a marshon hater one bit, but you guys keep coming in here building up marshon and talking smack on shump, shon looked like a scared child when they went head to head.

First of all, comparing what they did head to head in a preseason game doesn't mean jack ****. So get that out of your head.

Iman has played 5 games this season. What AWESOME teams has he played? Bobcats twice, wizards, detroit and the Celtics. So the only good team he's played (And this was even WITHOUT Paul Pierce) Iman shot 3-13 from the field with 4 rebounds, 2 fouls and 2 turn overs. The Knicks have had such a god damn cup cake schedule thus far it's ridiculous.

Who has Marshon played? The Hawks THREE times, the Magic, the Pacers, the Celtics and the Heat. He's had to go up against some damn good defensive teams. I'd almost personally guarantee that all 5 of those teams are going to be top 10 defensive teams this year by seasons end.

AND he's facing double teams already.

SportsAndrew25
01-10-2012, 02:20 AM
Irving, Rubio and Shumpert are the best so far. I love Shumpert's hustle.

Slimsim
01-10-2012, 02:29 AM
First of all, comparing what they did head to head in a preseason game doesn't mean jack ****. So get that out of your head.

Iman has played 5 games this season. What AWESOME teams has he played? Bobcats twice, wizards, detroit and the Celtics. So the only good team he's played (And this was even WITHOUT Paul Pierce) Iman shot 3-13 from the field with 4 rebounds, 2 fouls and 2 turn overs. The Knicks have had such a god damn cup cake schedule thus far it's ridiculous.

Who has Marshon played? The Hawks THREE times, the Magic, the Pacers, the Celtics and the Heat. He's had to go up against some damn good defensive teams. I'd almost personally guarantee that all 5 of those teams are going to be top 10 defensive teams this year by seasons end.

Marshon has good stats on a bad team big deal. He has the green light to do anything he wants on the court.

Knicks21
01-10-2012, 02:35 AM

Like it matters if Paul Pierce was on the team or not. How would that effect Imans play? I do find it Ironic how you come in hear and you talk about Pierce, Wade didn't play against the nets either, and wade would play defence on brooks.

Dankster
01-10-2012, 02:42 AM
Well I personally think Marshon will have a good NBA career but I can't recognize what his ceiling is. He's a very crafty scorer but doesn't bring much defensively. Iman is a 2 way player, more athletic and a better passer than Brooks. I think both guys are in perfect situations where their skills are being utilized very well. Nets need Brooks' scoring punch and Knicks need Iman's defensive intensity and playmaking abilities. Both teams got awesome players for such late picks.

I think right now the best rookie is between Kyrie and Rubio. I'm surprised how well the Cavs have started the season, I didn't expect them to win more than 2 games by now.

Lake_Show2416
01-10-2012, 02:57 AM
ive been most impressed wit Rubio n his passing, everyone being a bounce pass' lol

lakerboy
01-10-2012, 03:30 AM
Any good big men?

Nirvanaskurdt
01-10-2012, 07:56 AM
^^Markieff Morris!! :D

Greet
01-10-2012, 08:42 AM
Marshon has good stats on a bad team big deal. He has the green light to do anything he wants on the court.

Marshon is already getting double teamed! He's still putting up the points though. Things will change once Brook gets back, since they won't be able to double team Marshon. He should have some high scoring games when Lopez is down low again.

Like it matters if Paul Pierce was on the team or not. How would that effect Imans play? I do find it Ironic how you come in hear and you talk about Pierce, Wade didn't play against the nets either, and wade would play defence on brooks.

When you have a star player out (and a good defender) you have to change up your whole defense. It gives more attention to Melo and Stat and less on guys like Douglas/Shumpert, etc.

Well I personally think Marshon will have a good NBA career but I can't recognize what his ceiling is. He's a very crafty scorer but doesn't bring much defensively. Iman is a 2 way player, more athletic and a better passer than Brooks. I think both guys are in perfect situations where their skills are being utilized very well. Nets need Brooks' scoring punch and Knicks need Iman's defensive intensity and playmaking abilities. Both teams got awesome players for such late picks.

Yes. This is very true. Two steals.

mdm692
01-10-2012, 08:51 AM
Any good big men?

u will see tonight :D

Rockice_8
01-10-2012, 09:37 AM

When people use arguments like that you sound ignorant. Way more impressed with a guy putting up good stats EFFICIENTLY on a bad team since teams are focused on stopping them. D-Will and Brooks are the only ones on the whole team that can create shots, the rest of the roster is spot up shooters and role players. If Brooks was shooting as bad as Shumpert then I'd agree but he's so smart with the ball and takes what the defense gives him.

Iman PER - 16.97
Brooks PER - 21.84

nycericanguy
01-10-2012, 12:54 PM
When people use arguments like that you sound ignorant. Way more impressed with a guy putting up good stats EFFICIENTLY on a bad team since teams are focused on stopping them. D-Will and Brooks are the only ones on the whole team that can create shots, the rest of the roster is spot up shooters and role players. If Brooks was shooting as bad as Shumpert then I'd agree but he's so smart with the ball and takes what the defense gives him.

Iman PER - 16.97
Brooks PER - 21.84

PER is not really a measure of efficiency, it takes into account all stats.

But really PER 8 or 9 games into a season is absolutely useless, not sure why you keep bringing it up as if its the end all be all stat. As I said earlier Nikola Vucevic is top 10 in the NBA right now in PER... Al Harrington is top 25...

And you say "If Brooks were shooting as bad as Shumpert? Dude Shumpert is at 44% 35% from 3 and 91% Ft's, Brooks at 46%... so you sound pretty ridiculous there. If Shumpert hits his next 2 shots they are even...lol

Shumpert is dishing out 4 apg and over 2 spg to go along with 4rpg and over 13ppg, he's done it on both ends and on a winning team. To me thats more impressive than 14ppg and little else on one of the worst teams in the NBA.

HOZ THE KNICK
01-10-2012, 01:03 PM

pierce didn't play and baron davis didn't play what's your point?

Kashmir13579
01-10-2012, 01:06 PM
PER is not really a measure of efficiency, it takes into account all stats.

But really PER 8 or 9 games into a season is absolutely useless, not sure why you keep bringing it up as if its the end all be all stat. As I said earlier Nikola Vucevic is top 10 in the NBA right now in PER... Al Harrington is top 25...

And you say "If Brooks were shooting as bad as Shumpert? Dude Shumpert is at 44% 35% from 3 and 91% Ft's, Brooks at 46%... so you sound pretty ridiculous there. If Shumpert hits his next 2 shots they are even...lol

Shumpert is dishing out 4 apg and over 2 spg to go along with 4rpg and over 13ppg, he's done it on both ends and on a winning team. To me thats more impressive than 14ppg and little else on one of the worst teams in the NBA.

Iman was ballin' out of control last night. :nod:

I can't get enough of this kid.

HOZ THE KNICK
01-10-2012, 01:10 PM
iman will put the league on notice, folks stay tune..

Robbw241
01-10-2012, 01:10 PM
All the rookies are overrated!!!

jmoney85
01-10-2012, 01:12 PM
pierce didn't play and baron davis didn't play what's your point?

did you not read anything that guy said to you? what does baron davis have anything to do with what he said ?

HOZ THE KNICK
01-10-2012, 01:13 PM
rookie vs sophomore game all star weekend let's see who shine.

HOZ THE KNICK
01-10-2012, 01:15 PM
did you not read anything that guy said to you? what does baron davis have anything to do with what he said ?

did you read what he said....

jmoney85
01-10-2012, 01:16 PM
did you read what he said....

yes and what does baron davis have anything to do with what he said? ... he was comparing the knicks schedule vs the nets

Hellcrooner
01-10-2012, 01:16 PM
what i wonder is how are they gonna assemble the rookie team at asg.

All the good ones are Guards.

Robbw241
01-10-2012, 01:19 PM
Walker-Rubio-Irving-Brooks-Shumpert

do it

jmoney85
01-10-2012, 01:19 PM
marshon had 20 and 10 last night against the hawks...

Robbw241
01-10-2012, 01:20 PM
marshon had 20 and 10 last night against the hawks...

Cool

HOZ THE KNICK
01-10-2012, 01:21 PM
what i wonder is how are they gonna assemble the rookie team at asg.

All the good ones are Guards.

i guess some well deserve guards won't make it unfortunately, hopefully some big men prove before than their worth.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-10-2012, 01:22 PM
Why isn't MarShon gettin any love?

I don't think he'll be ROY but, I do believe he deserves some recognition.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-10-2012, 01:26 PM
Iman was ballin' out of control last night. :nod:

I can't get enough of this kid.

Exaclty what I'm thinkin...

You know, 8 years into Iverson's career I started to think about, when he retires who my new favorite player would be. Carmelo came along... now 8 years into Mel's career I'm starting to think who my favorite player will be when he retires. Iman has arrived.

HOZ THE KNICK
01-10-2012, 01:26 PM
Why isn't MarShon gettin any love?

I don't think he'll be ROY but, I do believe he deserves some recognition.

brooks is a nice young player i like the kid game but they turned this into a bash shump thread it's ridiculous

jmoney85
01-10-2012, 01:40 PM
brooks is a nice young player i like the kid game but they turned this into a bash shump thread it's ridiculous

its a bash shump thread because of the knicks fans that make him out to the 2nd coming of jesus christ....hes a solid young player but hes not even a top 5 rookie right now

nycericanguy
01-10-2012, 01:42 PM
its a bash shump thread because of the knicks fans that make him out to the 2nd coming of jesus christ....hes a solid young player but hes not even a top 5 rookie right now

no PSD just hates the knicks...lol.

I mean just yesterday we had someone making fake accounts to try to make Knick fans look bad.

Everyone always says Knick fans are over hyping a guy if they like a young player, I haven't seen many posters claiming Shumpert to be a superstar at all.

And yes he certainly has been a top 5 or top 3 rookie. Can you name 5 rooks that have played better?

Slimsim
01-10-2012, 01:43 PM

I owuld never get these type of comments obviously that's Tim Tebow. But when Nets fans call brooks the next kobe and how they wouldn't trade for Howard if brooks was include is just as crazy.

nycsports2
01-10-2012, 01:43 PM
wow a new york player gettn love on psd??? lol lets see how long this lasts but my man shumpert is a ball player man i was gettn bashed 2 weeks ago smh

nycsports2
01-10-2012, 01:44 PM
lmaooooooo.... and i look up and the knicks fans are in a debate.. WHAT A SUPRISE!!!!

Slimsim
01-10-2012, 01:45 PM

I mean just yesterday we had someone making fake accounts to try to make Knick fans look bad.

Everyone always says Knick fans are over hyping a guy if they like a young player, I haven't seen many posters claiming Shumpert to be a superstar at all.

And yes he certainly has been a top 5 or top 3 rookie. Can you name 5 rooks that have played better?

Na I think even some of the notorious Knicks hater haven't even bash Iman because they know the kid is good. It's just Nets fans turning this to a Iman vs brooks thread

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-10-2012, 03:34 PM

your high. Please tell me 5 rookies better then Iman. (this should be hilarious)

It's obvious you haven't watch ANY of the games Shumpert has played in.

Hawkeye15
01-10-2012, 03:37 PM
wow a new york player gettn love on psd??? lol lets see how long this lasts but my man shumpert is a ball player man i was gettn bashed 2 weeks ago smh

click open the voting.....

jmoney85
01-10-2012, 03:40 PM
your high. Please tell me 5 rookies better then Iman. (this should be hilarious)

It's obvious you haven't watch ANY of the games Shumpert has played in.

irving, rubio, brooks, knight and cole

Hawkeye15
01-10-2012, 03:40 PM
rookie vs sophomore game all star weekend let's see who shine.

if you think that really matters, its Rubio's for sure then. Rubio is built for games like that where he can throw whatever kind of passes he wants.

nycericanguy
01-10-2012, 03:43 PM

Do you honestly in your heart of hearts think those 2 guys have been better than Shumpert? Or does your NY hate just run that deep?

Shumperts numbers blow away those 2 guys, not even debatable.

NYsFinest
01-10-2012, 03:51 PM
Do you honestly in your heart of hearts think those 2 guys have been better than Shumpert? Or does your NY hate just run that deep?

Shumperts numbers blow away those 2 guys, not even debatable.

So far Shumpert is:

3rd in scoring
2nd in efficiency
2nd in pts + boards + assist
1st in steals (by far)

and he's not a top 5 rookie :eyebrow:

DMasta718
01-10-2012, 03:54 PM

I agree with Rubio and Irving. Brooks is looking solid as well but Shumpert is playing just as well as Cole. Maybe even better. He is playing better than Knight.

nycericanguy
01-10-2012, 03:57 PM
I agree with Rubio and Irving. Brooks is looking solid as well but Shumpert is playing just as well as Cole. Maybe even better. He is playing better than Knight.

Shumpert has Cole beaten handily in every statistical category except FG %

Cole 46%, Shumpert 44%

Right now the top 4 rooks have been

Rubio
Irving
Shumpert
Brooks

jmoney85
01-10-2012, 03:59 PM
shumpert also averages 30 mins a game.... much more than any other rookie

MTL_123
01-10-2012, 04:04 PM

OMG wat r u talking about saying we NEVER said Shumper is a superstar. U KNICKS FANs Made a stupid thread on how shumper is like Wade. WAT ARE U GUYS SMOKING if u think an unproven rookie is the nxt wade thats why people talk **** about knicks fans because they overhype their players and say stupid comments

nycericanguy
01-10-2012, 04:10 PM
OMG wat r u talking about saying we NEVER said Shumper is a superstar. U KNICKS FANs Made a stupid thread on how shumper is like Wade. WAT ARE U GUYS SMOKING if u think an unproven rookie is the nxt wade thats why people talk **** about knicks fans because they overhype their players and say stupid comments

:facepalm: umm that wasnt a knick fan, that was a Knick troll that has been creating new accounts to make threads to try to make Knick fans look dumb... guess you fell for it. yes thats how far people will go...

hence it was closed.

No serious knick fan will say Shumpert is wade...

DoMeFavors
01-10-2012, 04:16 PM
No lie this guy Iman is the next Fields, a nobody that if he was playing on the Bucks nobody would talk about. Knick fans said Fields was better than Griffin last year.
Anyway Brooks is ROY so far.

jmoney85
01-10-2012, 04:28 PM
No lie this guy Iman is the next Fields, a nobody that if he was playing on the Bucks nobody would talk about. Knick fans said Fields was better than Griffin last year.
Anyway Brooks is ROY so far.

as much as domefavors makes no sense most of the time.... this is a true statement

waveycrockett
01-10-2012, 04:34 PM
Rebounds don't mean anything unless you do it on a consistent basis.

Lmao this has been the dumbest post in this entire thread. He said all Marshon does is shoot. Well he had 10 rebounds today and this is your come back? 8 games into his career you are saying he can only shoot after he puts up double digit rebounds? lol

waveycrockett
01-10-2012, 04:36 PM
real talk how is Schumpert hype any different than Fields? Knicks fans were slobbing on Fields knob for about 4 months saying he was better than Jon Wall blah blah blah. Are we really going to do this every year with their rookies?

NYsFinest
01-10-2012, 04:53 PM
real talk how is Schumpert hype any different than Fields? Knicks fans were slobbing on Fields knob for about 4 months saying he was better than Jon Wall blah blah blah. Are we really going to do this every year with their rookies?

everyone knew fields was a what you see is what you get type of player, no knick fan every claimed he was going to have anywhere near the career of wall or griffin. Shumpert is a 6-5 220 PG with elite athleticism who is far from a finished product. Completely different....

Better question is how is Brooks any different from Nick Young.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-10-2012, 05:05 PM

ahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-10-2012, 05:08 PM
Clearly, you haven't watched any games. So this discussion is pointless.

rhymeratic
01-10-2012, 05:14 PM
All I know is Shumpert gave Brooks the BUSINESS in both preseason games and Shumpert has played legit from day one...

I'm not saying he gonna be superstar.. I'm just saying Knicks got their money's worth with that draft pick no differently than David Lee, Wilson Chandler, Danillo Gallinari, Nate Robinson, Trevor Ariza meaning at worst we know he is a rotation player.

jmoney85
01-10-2012, 05:19 PM
All I know is Shumpert gave Brooks the BUSINESS in both preseason games and Shumpert has played legit from day one...

I'm not saying he gonna be superstar.. I'm just saying Knicks got their money's worth with that draft pick no differently than David Lee, Wilson Chandler, Danillo Gallinari, Nate Robinson, Trevor Ariza meaning at worst we know he is a rotation player.

outscore him in 1 game while playing more minutes and taking more shots

brooks outscored him the next game while playing less

GrapeSoda
01-10-2012, 05:26 PM
In my opinion the only people with potential to be Stars in this league are Kyrie, Rubio, Derrick Williams and maybe, maybe Brooks. I do like what I have seen from the 2 young PG's, Williams is an athletic freak and Brooks has displayed impressive scoring abilities. (still pulling for Kanter & Biyombo though, honestly haven't seen them play so can't comment on their potential :) )

nyKnicks126
01-10-2012, 06:07 PM
I like Shumpert a lot, he is quickly becoming a fan favorite.. But FOR NOW I would have to go with Ricky Rubio..

Kashmir13579
01-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Its too EARLY to say which was the better pick. Posters bashing either Brooks or Shumpert are idiots, plain and simple. I can guarantee you that if Knicks drafted Brooks and Nets Iman, we would be having the same exact argument from different sides.

What i am sick and tired of is trolls bashing Iman simply because he is on the Knicks. I try to be as diplomatic as possible but enough is enough. Might as well start playing the part.... Iman is a BEAST and WILL be a top 5 rookie. IMO he is already one of the best backcourt defenders in the NBA. Posters saying he can't ball don't know their *** from their elbow. Quote me.

Da Knicks
01-10-2012, 06:14 PM
All the hate just because knick fans like shumpert? If that troll Reke Havok wouldnt be making different accounts to make knick fans look dumb most of these posters would agree that Shumpert is the real deal. I like Rubio though dude is one bad mofo, if he can make that 20 ft jumper he could be a really big threat for years.

SeoulBeatz
01-10-2012, 06:15 PM
Nikola Vucevic

Kashmir13579
01-10-2012, 06:18 PM
All the hate just because knick fans like shumpert? If that troll Reke Havok wouldnt be making different accounts to make knick fans look dumb most of these posters would agree that Shumpert is the real deal. I like Rubio though dude is one bad mofo, if he can make that 20 ft jumper he could be a really big threat for years.

Don't give him or PSD more credit than they deserve.

nycsports2
01-10-2012, 06:34 PM
Don't give him or PSD more credit than they deserve.

im opting for psdNY.... lets make it happens!!!!!!!!!!!! lolol

redhorse
01-10-2012, 06:37 PM
Its too EARLY to say which was the better pick. Posters bashing either Brooks or Shumpert are idiots, plain and simple. I can guarantee you that if Knicks drafted Brooks and Nets Iman, we would be having the same exact argument from different sides.

What i am sick and tired of is trolls bashing Iman simply because he is on the Knicks. I try to be as diplomatic as possible but enough is enough. Might as well start playing the part.... Iman is a BEAST and WILL be a top 5 rookie. IMO he is already one of the best backcourt defenders in the NBA. Posters saying he can't ball don't know their *** from their elbow. Quote me.

Agreed. I have been watching knick games and tell u in my opinion he looks like a good player.( sorry psd is that ok? Am i overrating him?) I just like his poise. He plays like a 10 year vet which I didnt expect at all and he has been playing good D which the team needs. I guess hands down its rubio. Although if rubio played for the knicks he probably wouldnt get this much love here and would be overrated which I think ppl are doing right now with him.

besides rubios passing what else does he do good? Does he shoot? Play defense? not bashing but it seems like u guys are just judging from his highlights on espn.

Sactown
01-10-2012, 06:59 PM
I hate the Knicks, but Shumpert shows serious confidence and swagger..
but still not ROY to me.

theheatles
01-10-2012, 07:30 PM
wtf how does shump shump have so many ****ing votes

redhorse
01-10-2012, 07:43 PM
wtf how does shump shump have so many ****ing votes

iite tell me ur opinion on what u see in shumperts game? What are ur criticisms about him?

GrandDaddyPurp
01-10-2012, 08:00 PM
Kanter is on this list and no Jimmer. Whoever made this poll should be ashamed of themselves. Absolutely pathetic. Close this thread immediately.

Hawkeye15
01-10-2012, 08:07 PM

why do you let that get to you though? Move past the non-subjective opinions, and ignore it when someone says, "Knicks fans overrate all their players!". Sure some do. But there are plenty who don't.

Don't let them get under your skin. 2 years in a row it appears the Knicks scouting department did their job, and got nice finds for their draft spot. That is all Knicks fans should care about.

He is one of the better guard defenders in the rookie class, easily. He has a decent all around game that may indeed have limited upside as far as star potential goes, but I don't see why he can't be a very good starter for years.

Again man, don't let the Knicks haters get under your skin. And remember, part of the reason is that 15% of horrible fan base I told you about. Unfortunately, that 15% represents a TON more fans than most other teams even have haha. So get tougher dealing with the trolls.

Hawkeye15
01-10-2012, 08:09 PM
Kanter is on this list and no Jimmer. Whoever made this poll should be ashamed of themselves. Absolutely pathetic. Close this thread immediately.

dude, Fredette is getting outplayed by his man at a huge rate, and his advanced numbers make you throw up in your mouth. Cmon man.

Greet
01-10-2012, 08:22 PM
dude, Fredette is getting outplayed by his man at a huge rate, and his advanced numbers make you throw up in your mouth. Cmon man.

Shumpert or Brooks at this point into the season? Just want your opinion.

Hawkeye15
01-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Shumpert or Brooks at this point into the season? Just want your opinion.

I have not been able to catch Brooks play, so my opinion would be purely statistical. I am not comfortable using just stats without watching someone. I will try and catch him and let you know what I think.

Kashmir13579
01-10-2012, 08:26 PM
why do you let that get to you though? Move past the non-subjective opinions, and ignore it when someone says, "Knicks fans overrate all their players!". Sure some do. But there are plenty who don't.

Don't let them get under your skin. 2 years in a row it appears the Knicks scouting department did their job, and got nice finds for their draft spot. That is all Knicks fans should care about.

He is one of the better guard defenders in the rookie class, easily. He has a decent all around game that may indeed have limited upside as far as star potential goes, but I don't see why he can't be a very good starter for years.

Again man, don't let the Knicks haters get under your skin. And remember, part of the reason is that 15% of horrible fan base I told you about. Unfortunately, that 15% represents a TON more fans than most other teams even have haha. So get tougher dealing with the trolls.

When you're right, you're right.

Hawkeye15
01-10-2012, 08:27 PM
When you're right, you're right.

I will add, as a Knicks fan, you deal with a TON more haters than I do as a Wolves fan haha.

Greet
01-10-2012, 08:28 PM
I have not been able to catch Brooks play, so my opinion would be purely statistical. I am not comfortable using just stats without watching someone. I will try and catch him and let you know what I think.

Alright. I mean looking at stats, who would you have picked? Just wondering.

Hawkeye15
01-10-2012, 08:32 PM
Alright. I mean looking at stats, who would you have picked? Just wondering.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=shumpim01&y1=2012&p2=brookma01&y2=2012

I hate doing this with such a small sample size, but they are dead even for me. Iman is obviously the better passer and defender, but it looks like Brooks may be a classic SG in a sense where his job is to score, and do it effectively.

theheatles
01-10-2012, 08:40 PM
iite tell me ur opinion on what u see in shumperts game? What are ur criticisms about him?

it's a small sample size for all but iman played less than half as much as every other rookie on this list...it's surprising that he was the 2nd highest vote getter (maybe not since he's a knick), but as of now i'd put rubio, kyrie and brooks over shumpert and coles game vs the celtics is far more impressive than anything shump has done

jmoney85
01-10-2012, 08:47 PM
if you dont agree with a knick fan you're a "hater"

Chill_Will_24
01-10-2012, 08:49 PM
As a Nets fan i have to admit Shumpert would prolly outplay MarShon 9/10. Shump is so good defensively and would have no trouble handling Brooks while Brooks is notoriously bad defensively. I think Brooks is better offensively but thats about it.

However the Knicks have played nobody yet. Im looking forward to seeing what Shumpert can do vs the elite guards.

arkanian215
01-10-2012, 08:56 PM

He's relatively efficient from the field. 46.2% from the field and 40% from behind the arc. Sure it's easier to put up more points if you get more touches but being efficient while putting up decent numbers on a bad team has to be incredibly hard because they can just concentrate on him on defense.

Da Knicks
01-10-2012, 08:57 PM

Very well put hawkeye eventhough you and chronz both dislike melo yaw both are some of my fav posters.

elonepb
01-10-2012, 09:05 PM
For anyone who hasn't seen MarShon Brooks play, there is a YouTube channel that has highlights of all his games (rebounds, steals, points, hustle plays): http://www.youtube.com/user/MarShonChannel

He's been impressive. Shumpert looks good too. Rubio will win ROY.

Hawkeye15
01-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Very well put hawkeye eventhough you and chronz both dislike melo yaw both are some of my fav posters.

I actually like Melo a lot, I just don't think he belongs in the convo for top 5 players man. That's all.

redhorse
01-10-2012, 09:08 PM
it's a small sample size for all but iman played less than half as much as every other rookie on this list...it's surprising that he was the 2nd highest vote getter (maybe not since he's a knick), but as of now i'd put rubio, kyrie and brooks over shumpert and coles game vs the celtics is far more impressive than anything shump has done

whats ur critique on his game? Have u watched him play is what Im asking.Cause if u have I honestly dont see how u can criticize his play.

Sure hes behind rubio and kyrie. I dont know if id put brooks over shumpert though although brooks is a looking like a good player, but hes playing for the nets. Who other than dwill is the next scoring option so he will get his share of opportunties maybe more than other rookie. Nets get blown out most of those games... so some of those stats are inflated.

seikou8
01-10-2012, 09:08 PM
[QUOTE=theheatles;20485372]it's a small sample size for all but iman played less than half as much as every other rookie on this list...it's surprising that he was the 2nd highest vote getter (maybe not since he's a knick), but as of now i'd put rubio, kyrie and brooks over shumpert and coles game vs the celtics is far more impressive than anything shump has done[/QUOT

watch i think shumpeert is a good pg with a good upside but noone say he is micheal jordan or even a star we just want a good quailty pg for the future and we hope he can be that guy.

Da Knicks
01-10-2012, 09:15 PM
I actually like Melo a lot, I just don't think he belongs in the convo for top 5 players man. That's all.

Fair enough:)

Knicks21
01-10-2012, 09:21 PM

Obviously since he's a knick.

elonepb
01-10-2012, 09:23 PM
I dont know if id put brooks over shumpert though although brooks is a looking like a good player, but hes playing for the nets. Who other than dwill is the next scoring option so he will get his share of opportunties maybe more than other rookie. Nets get blown out most of those games... so some of those stats are inflated.

If any offensive system inflates stats more than anything else, it's D'Antoni's system. No question about it.

Brooks is very efficient at his scoring, thus the reason he is ranked 27th in the whole league in Hollinger PER. Shumpert at 105.

It's not that he's on the Nets, it's that he's doing it efficiently, making his shots, passing well and playing good defense (which is a surprise).

redhorse
01-10-2012, 09:31 PM
If any offensive system inflates stats more than anything else, it's D'Antoni's system. No question about it.

Brooks is very efficient at his scoring, thus the reason he is ranked 27th in the whole league in Hollinger PER. Shumpert at 105.

It's not that he's on the Nets, it's that he's doing it efficiently, making his shots, passing well and playing good defense (which is a surprise).

well true in any other season, but its hard to get up shots in this offense with melo and amare chucking the ball. So shumpert has to be pretty efficient with his scoring opportunities. And he has. Buts its early hes playing well so far not calling this guy ROY, but i honestly believe ppl trash the guy because hes on the knicks. But lets be fair here he has played very well and not garbage as ppl suggest

elonepb
01-10-2012, 09:34 PM
well true in any other season, but its hard to get up shots in this offense with melo and amare chucking the ball. So shumpert has to be pretty efficient with his scoring opportunities. And he has. Buts its early hes playing well so far not calling this guy ROY, but i honestly believe ppl trash the guy because hes on the knicks. But lets be fair here he has played very well and not garbage as ppl suggest

I think he's been very impressive. He's looked good on decent for sure and had a positive impact on the game when he's been in. But I do think Hollinger PER is usually pretty accurate about a player and right now Brooks is WAY ahead of him. Long way to go though.

nycericanguy
01-10-2012, 09:41 PM

Knicks haven't run D'antoni's SSOL offense in 3 years. Not sure why some people still think its an "inflated" stats system. Knicks are only scoring 96ppg this year and giving up only 95.

I do agree with you that Holingers PER is pretty accurate, but this early in the season its really not worth looking at, not enough data has been accumulated. I mean right now Nikola Vucevic is 3rd in the NBA in PER...

Metsboi69
01-10-2012, 09:58 PM
Is Landry Fields eligible? Oops

seikou8
01-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Is Landry Fields eligible? Oops

:facepalm:

omdigga
01-10-2012, 11:37 PM
ricky rubio.. kid got sooo much hate on here before he got to play.. good to see people comin around..

j11430
01-10-2012, 11:44 PM
Rubio looked slick tonight, gonna have a long successful career

Hawkeye15
01-10-2012, 11:50 PM
Putting aside homerism, Rubio is the easy, and only answer at this point.

Greet
01-10-2012, 11:59 PM
Putting aside homerism, Rubio is the easy, and only answer at this point.

5 TOs is still not a good number

tr3ymill3r
01-11-2012, 12:02 AM
Parsons from houston

Hellcrooner
01-11-2012, 12:03 AM
5 TOs is still not a good number

Its not a probelm if you WATCH THE GAME instead o fthe boxcore and watch that 3 of them were his teamamtes fault not his.

Greet
01-11-2012, 12:05 AM
Its not a probelm if you WATCH THE GAME instead o fthe boxcore and watch that 3 of them were his teamamtes fault not his.

Yes and all of his assists are because he's made 12 amazing passes that got his guys wide open and easy shots. No, it works both ways.