PDA

View Full Version : Kobe's taking Phil Jackson's retirement as an excuse to be a chucker again

NYSpirit1
01-08-2012, 01:24 PM
It's pretty obvious that since Jackson retired, Kobe's pretty much the coach of this team. The Lakers really needed a coach that could handle Bryant, not let him run the team, which is not what Mike Brown is.

Kobe's shooting the ball 23.1 times this season, the most chucks since the horrid 05-06 season, where he shots the ball 27.2 times a game. This season he's shooting just 43.8% and the Lakers are looking eerily similar to those pre-Pau teams before 07-08 at 5-4.

Kobe got offended recently at criticism for shooting too much and claimed he got 5 rings off shooting the ball 28 times, but fact is, in his 5 championship seasons, he averaged 17.9, 22.2, 20.0, 20.9 and 21.5 shots per game, which are far from his top averages in shots per game. The strategy for the Lakers that always worked was less was more with Kobe. The big men (Shaq and then Bynum/Odom/Gasol) is always how the Lakers have won games, not Kobe.

He's averaging the most shots this season since the Lakers became good again after the 06-07 season. Meanwhile, Bynum is averaging 19.6 points and 15.8 boards shooting 60% on just 14 shots per game.

There's no telling whether he'll ever have dominant big man potential while Kobe is on this team, which is a shame, because Kobe would never want another Shaq on the team - unless the Lakers forced the issue and brought in Howard.

NoahH
01-08-2012, 01:28 PM
I feel like Kobe might have an enlarged ego lol

lakers4sho
01-08-2012, 01:33 PM
Actually Phil Jackson was more lenient on Bryant's actions than MB is these days. Phil is known to cater to his superstars [ Jordan, Shaq, Kobe ].

Wade>You
01-08-2012, 01:35 PM
He's a Shooting Guard, that's what he does. Get over it.

;)

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-08-2012, 01:38 PM
shut up OP:)

we have no playmaker other than kobe in this team to pass the ball to pau and bynum...kobe plays heavy minutes again and does it well.

he is putting up 28 7 6 and had one bad game where he went 6-28. he would be shooting over 48 if that would have been decent game.

Nick O
01-08-2012, 01:38 PM
.. lol you can tell by his attitude he just isnt as interested.. would you be? your team will never be what it used to be you have a bunch of championships nothing left to prove your coach is gone .... meh .

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-08-2012, 01:42 PM
and OP doesnt watch lakers game, otherwize he would realize that bynum is gased up at the end of the games.

showtym24
01-08-2012, 01:43 PM

showtym24
01-08-2012, 01:43 PM
.. lol you can tell by his attitude he just isnt as interested.. would you be? your team will never be what it used to be you have a bunch of championships nothing left to prove your coach is gone .... meh .

Yea im sure thats what hes thinking^ LMAO.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-08-2012, 01:44 PM
This is the 10th Kobe thread in the past 2 days. Get over it! Kobe says this, Kobe said that, Kobe killed someone, Kobe shoots a lot......

LakersKB24
01-08-2012, 01:46 PM
And yet another 'Kobe is a chucker' thread. Like we haven't seen enough of them the last couple of days. YES we get it Kobe shoots a lot, he always has. Can we please move on?

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-08-2012, 01:47 PM
I think Kobe is pregnant because he seems to be shooting for 2:rolleyes:

gotoHcarolina52
01-08-2012, 01:47 PM
This is the 10th Kobe thread in the past 2 days. Get over it! Kobe says this, Kobe said that, Kobe killed someone, Kobe shoots a lot......

Meanwhile, LeBron traveled.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Really 2 shots more per game is chucking, and btw bynum is taking more shots than dwight...who's hogging the ball in orlando???

Pau has taken the same amount of shots every year he has been with the lakers(12-13)

These 2 shots kobe has taken more are probably coming from fishers attempts, he has taken loss shots than before...which is awesome, but still takes too many.

YoungOne
01-08-2012, 01:51 PM
If it makes the lakers lose more games I appreciate it :)

Sadds The Gr8
01-08-2012, 01:52 PM
get over it

Geargo Wallace
01-08-2012, 01:53 PM
I puked this morning, not because I drank last night (which I did), but because I saw another Kobe thread. :puke:

Geargo Wallace
01-08-2012, 01:53 PM
get over it

then don't watch.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-08-2012, 02:05 PM
Meanwhile, LeBron traveled.

I know right! These 2 guys should have their own forum for haters to go on and talk about the Lebrons crab dribble and Kobe's divorce

JabberJaw
01-08-2012, 02:14 PM
I was expecting to see some Kobe quotes defending his high shot volume. Were barely into the season and the wolves are out aplenty. If Kobe wears the wrong color socks there's a thread about it claiming some venomous conspiracy that Kobes sock choice is because he is beefing with Pau and wants a trade.
These threads are getting almost hilarious. Kobe has ALWAYS been a volume shooter. Get over it. Compare his stats and theyre not that different from his career averages. He has a higher ppg average, higher assists and rebs per game than his career average. He's down 2% on his fg % and his glaring difference has been 4 turnovers per game. The turnovers probably have a lot to do with his torn wrist ligaments. Watch some Laker games then come back and give some educated insight. Kobe is the only playmaker this team has. He's playing fine and will only get better when he gets more comfortable with the offense and his injured wrist that NOBODY in the league would be comfortable with.

Evolution23
01-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Really 2 shots more per game is chucking, and btw bynum is taking more shots than dwight...who's hogging the ball in orlando???

Pau has taken the same amount of shots every year he has been with the lakers(12-13)

These 2 shots kobe has taken more are probably coming from fishers attempts, he has taken loss shots than before...which is awesome, but still takes too many.

Kobe Bryant is a chucker

Geargo Wallace
01-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Kobe switched to Colgate. Just saying.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Simple explanation to all of this...basketball reasons.

FuriousJatt
01-08-2012, 02:38 PM
since lamar is gone... someone on the team is bound to get those touches.... bynum is getting more touches, pau is getting the same amound of touches, and blake is getting more touches. besides those three i wouldnt want to see fish, metta, or barnes getting extra shots, so i rather see kobe take those extra shots because hes shooting better than most of the team.

lakers4sho
01-08-2012, 02:40 PM

and Odom's

Hellcrooner
01-08-2012, 03:07 PM
0.438 worst since 03-04

4.11 turnovers worst EVER by a LARGE marging.

you can say " kobe shoots thats what he always did" all you want, but the truth is his wrist is hurt and he is aging and thats why he should try to facilitate more instead of chking shots when quadruple teamed.

ClippersE.G
01-08-2012, 04:01 PM
Here we ago again. Reminds of years ago when people blamed Kobe when the Laker lost and said he shot too much, and when they lost and other times they said he shot too little. Comical stuff ....

Barnes, McBob, Murphy, Blake, Kapono, Potluck, Ebanks

....that is all.

whitemamba33
01-08-2012, 04:26 PM
Reality check: He had 3 poor shooting nights out of 9 games. All three games were within the first 6 games of the season following a longer than usual layoff, a shortened preseason, a new coach, and having to retool his shooting form to account for his injured wrist. His last three games he shot 48%, 54%, 46% respectively.

I'm not going to say I haven't been frustrated by some of the shots he's taken, but am I going to buy into the theory that he's washed up because of 3 games?

No.

Evolution23
01-08-2012, 04:28 PM
0.438 worst since 03-04

4.11 turnovers worst EVER by a LARGE marging.

you can say " kobe shoots thats what he always did" all you want, but the truth is his wrist is hurt and he is aging and thats why he should try to facilitate more instead of chking shots when quadruple teamed.

Well the ego on this guy is amazing. He has to realize that without his teamates, he is nothing and teamates must know that they can only win as a unit.

MTar786
01-08-2012, 04:50 PM
Reality check: He had 3 poor shooting nights out of 9 games. All three games were within the first 6 games of the season following a longer than usual layoff, a shortened preseason, a new coach, and having to retool his shooting form to account for his injured wrist. His last three games he shot 48%, 54%, 46% respectively.

I'm not going to say I haven't been frustrated by some of the shots he's taken, but am I going to buy into the theory that he's washed up because of 3 games?

No.

im a huge kobe fan bro.. and even i will say.. if you're going to shoot 28-30 shots then you better be itting ATLEAST 50% of them. i dont feel you have any business taking that many shots if you're not on some kind of hot streak or something

whitemamba33
01-08-2012, 05:01 PM
im a huge kobe fan bro.. and even i will say.. if you're going to shoot 28-30 shots then you better be itting ATLEAST 50% of them. i dont feel you have any business taking that many shots if you're not on some kind of hot streak or something

In a perfect world, every player would follow that rule. But if even the GOAT had trouble keeping within those limits, then I'll give Kobe some slack every now and then.

Bruno
01-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Actually Phil Jackson was more lenient on Bryant's actions than MB is these days. Phil is known to cater to his superstars [ Jordan, Shaq, Kobe ].

x2.

Brown has been much stricter on Kobe. Bryant has been shooting more for two reasons. in the first four games, the team had a new bench, no odom and no bynum. he felt like he needed to carry that load. since bynums return, he's faced less doubles, spare the back to back against Denver. So he has more looks.

the problem isn't FGA per game, it's three point field goal attempts per game. do the math on Bryants percentage from inside the arch, it's great.

LA_Raiders
01-08-2012, 06:19 PM
He said it well, He has 5 rings....

So???

lakerboy
01-08-2012, 07:39 PM
It's pretty obvious that since Jackson retired, Kobe's pretty much the coach of this team. The Lakers really needed a coach that could handle Bryant, not let him run the team, which is not what Mike Brown is.

Kobe's shooting the ball 23.1 times this season, the most chucks since the horrid 05-06 season, where he shots the ball 27.2 times a game. This season he's shooting just 43.8% and the Lakers are looking eerily similar to those pre-Pau teams before 07-08 at 5-4.

Kobe got offended recently at criticism for shooting too much and claimed he got 5 rings off shooting the ball 28 times, but fact is, in his 5 championship seasons, he averaged 17.9, 22.2, 20.0, 20.9 and 21.5 shots per game, which are far from his top averages in shots per game. The strategy for the Lakers that always worked was less was more with Kobe. The big men (Shaq and then Bynum/Odom/Gasol) is always how the Lakers have won games, not Kobe.

He's averaging the most shots this season since the Lakers became good again after the 06-07 season. Meanwhile, Bynum is averaging 19.6 points and 15.8 boards shooting 60% on just 14 shots per game.

There's no telling whether he'll ever have dominant big man potential while Kobe is on this team, which is a shame, because Kobe would never want another Shaq on the team - unless the Lakers forced the issue and brought in Howard.

The best part about this is we have a NY Knick fan taking jab and criticizing Kobe. How can you criticize an individual who has had more success than your entire freaking franchinse :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Fact is, outside Boston, Chicago, and Los Angeles, Kobe has had more success than any of the other teams in the league. THAT IS THROUGHOUT THEIR TEAM'S HISTORY. PERIOD.

C-Style
01-08-2012, 11:15 PM
OP is a fa990t

Gram
01-09-2012, 02:05 PM
OP is dumb.

asandhu23
01-09-2012, 03:20 PM
He's a Shooting Guard, that's what he does. Get over it.

;)

i wish that excuse worked for Monta's chuckerishness.

beliges
01-09-2012, 06:40 PM
i wish that excuse worked for Monta's chuckerishness.

If Monta ever becomes the greatest winner of his generation, he can use this excuse all he wants. That goes for any player. If you dominate your era better than anyone else, you can use this excuse and have it be valid.

JollyRanch
01-09-2012, 07:00 PM
lol

Out of ten games, Kobe has only had 3 poor shooting games.

Geargo Wallace
01-09-2012, 07:08 PM
If Monta ever becomes the greatest winner of his generation, he can use this excuse all he wants. That goes for any player. If you dominate your era better than anyone else, you can use this excuse and have it be valid.

So Kobe chucking now is okay because he was a part of 5 titles in the past?

beliges
01-09-2012, 07:13 PM
So Kobe chucking now is okay because he was a part of 5 titles in the past?

Kobe playing like Kobe is ok because Kobe is the greatest winner of his era playing the way he does. I think he knows what hes doing. Furthermore, Im not sure you watch too many Laker games but besides Kobe, there is no offensive threat on that team that can create their own shot. If you dominate your era with your particular style of play, youre not going to change that because some people want to criticize you.

MTL_123
01-09-2012, 07:27 PM
lKobe has always been a chucker the only difference is that the lakers are lossing so people are realising that he keeps on chucking shot after shot

valade16
01-09-2012, 07:35 PM
Kobe playing like Kobe is ok because Kobe is the greatest winner of his era playing the way he does. I think he knows what hes doing. Furthermore, Im not sure you watch too many Laker games but besides Kobe, there is no offensive threat on that team that can create their own shot. If you dominate your era with your particular style of play, youre not going to change that because some people want to criticize you.

Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum cannot create their own shot? :confused:

Geargo Wallace
01-09-2012, 07:35 PM

The Lakers aren't a great team when Kobe takes a lot of shots. You can blame it on his teammates not being able to score, but maybe you could blame it on his inability to make his teammates better. It's not like he's playing with scrubs.

onlythisfar41
01-09-2012, 08:02 PM
At this point, let Kobe be Kobe.

KnickaBocka.44
01-09-2012, 08:04 PM
The best part about this is we have a NY Knick fan taking jab and criticizing Kobe. How can you criticize an individual who has had more success than your entire freaking franchinse :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Fact is, outside Boston, Chicago, and Los Angeles, Kobe has had more success than any of the other teams in the league. THAT IS THROUGHOUT THEIR TEAM'S HISTORY. PERIOD.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion bro. Just because you're "lakerboy" doesn't make your opinion any more valid than anyone elses or give you more of a right to be critical of other teams or players.

And that championship argument you gave doesn't mean anything because without Phil, Shaq, and Pau he wouldn't have any of them.

Geargo Wallace
01-09-2012, 08:07 PM
At this point, let Kobe be Kobe.

Yup, and let the Lakers stay 7th in the West :)

beliges
01-09-2012, 08:15 PM

Um no they cant. They have to get into good post position and then be agressive once they get the ball to score. Other than that, their points come from put backs. But no, Bynum cant handle the double team yet and Pau cannot get into great position. So to answer your question again, no, Pau and Bynum cannot create their own shot. Their big men. Big men usually cannot create their own shots.

beliges
01-09-2012, 08:18 PM
The Lakers aren't a great team when Kobe takes a lot of shots. You can blame it on his teammates not being able to score, but maybe you could blame it on his inability to make his teammates better. It's not like he's playing with scrubs.

The Lakers have won more championships with Kobe chucking away than any other team in our generation of NBA basketball. Furthermore, Kobe has made his teammates better than anybody has made their teammates during this era of NBA basketball. Everyone from helping Shaq get 3 rings, giving Kwame, Smush, Brian Cook, Chris Mihm and Luke Walton an NBA career, Ariza becoming a champion, Bynum becoming the 2nd best C in the league and Pau into a great big men. Nobody else has that resume of making teammates better.

beliges
01-09-2012, 08:20 PM
Yup, and let the Lakers stay 7th in the West :)

Lakers are a 7th seed currently because they were missing their 2nd best player for half of their games and they have a mediocre at best roster in the league this year. They are not one of the more talented teams, they have the worst starting PG, no bench, no great role players, a new coach and a new system. Guaranteed the Lakers wont be a 7th seed for long and on top of that Kobe has been one of the best players in the league so far this season.

Spiggity_ace
01-09-2012, 08:40 PM
OP thats the dumbest thing i've ever read.

KnickaBocka.44
01-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Lakers are a 7th seed currently because they were missing their 2nd best player for half of their games and they have a mediocre at best roster in the league this year. They are not one of the more talented teams, they have the worst starting PG, no bench, no great role players, a new coach and a new system. Guaranteed the Lakers wont be a 7th seed for long and on top of that Kobe has been one of the best players in the league so far this season.

You just provided a bunch of reasons why they WILL be a 7 seed.

Geargo Wallace
01-09-2012, 09:16 PM
OP thats the dumbest thing i've ever read.

But it's KOOOOOOBE! I'm just going to ignore him now.

Sactown
01-09-2012, 09:42 PM
The Lakers have won more championships with Kobe chucking away than any other team in our generation of NBA basketball. Furthermore, Kobe has made his teammates better than anybody has made their teammates during this era of NBA basketball. Everyone from helping Shaq get 3 rings, giving Kwame, Smush, Brian Cook, Chris Mihm and Luke Walton an NBA career, Ariza becoming a champion, Bynum becoming the 2nd best C in the league and Pau into a great big men. Nobody else has that resume of making teammates better.

Kobe isn't known for making his teammates better, so I'm a little confused...:eyebrow:
Shaq was Shaq before Kobe entered the picture, Kwame has and always will suck and Kobe didn't make him suck or make him better, Luke is still Luke, Bynum is one of the best C's because he's so damn big not because of Kobe.. Mihm,Smuch,and Ariza have and always will be mediocre role players and Kobe didn't make them better... Pau was a great PF before coming to the Lakers..

Geargo Wallace
01-09-2012, 09:48 PM
Kobe isn't known for making his teammates better, so I'm a little confused...:eyebrow:
Shaq was Shaq before Kobe entered the picture, Kwame has and always will suck and Kobe didn't make him suck or make him better, Luke is still Luke, Bynum is one of the best C's because he's so damn big not because of Kobe.. Mihm,Smuch,and Ariza have and always will be mediocre role players and Kobe didn't make them better... Pau was a great PF before coming to the Lakers..

But dude, it's Kobe. His missed shots give Pau and 'Drew offensive boards. He's clearly making them better.

aerion123
01-09-2012, 09:59 PM
As soon as Pau Gasoline stops playing like a p$%sy Kobe will take the shots down.

Lakeshow24KB
01-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Gtfo his nuts. He's a basketball player. One of the best. Let him do his job

lakers4sho
01-09-2012, 11:05 PM

nope

Gagan136
01-09-2012, 11:20 PM
It may seem like he is being a chucker but a few shots every game he gets the ball at the end of the clock so he puts up some ****ty 3's. But overall who else on LA can create there own shot? No one has yet except for Kobe. Did u see what happened when they took kobe out to start the fourth against the Grizz? It was terrible they couldn't generate any type of Offense.

THE MTL
01-09-2012, 11:58 PM
I think Kobe is trying to prove to everyone that he is still "Kobe". I think he is going all out this year in a season where he would finally drop off. Also it looks like his home life has changed his attitude as well.

But seriously, Kobe is playing like a douche. Yes, the Lakers are winning but Kobe's demeanor is just not pleasant and you can tell that he is being VERY SELFISH on the court.

5ass
01-10-2012, 12:27 AM
i love how laker fans say no1 on the lakers except kobe can create their own shot. Bynum, Pau and Artest (in some games) can post up. How is that not creating their shot? let them get good position, clear the area and watch them use their foot work, and post moves to score. Pau was scoring 20+ PPG before he got to the lakers, Pau is capable of creating his own shot AND creating for others. Kobe is playing like a chucker, not only is he taking away from his teammates touches, he also fails to look for the best shot available by passing to the open man, he'll get triple teamed and still shoot the ball a lot of times instead of passing to the open shooter.

time4change
01-10-2012, 12:34 AM
Seriously, do some of you people sit at home, just thinking about new crappy threads to hate on Kobe for?

Dudes got 5 rings sittin on his fingers stfu and respect dude.

5ass
01-10-2012, 12:42 AM
Kobe Jelly Bean Bryant, the black mamba, 5 rings, 7 finals, 2 final mvps, shooting guard, get over it!, 28 shots? **** you i'll take 40 next time because of my 5 rings baby!

can u laker fans stop with this 5 rings argument please? its getting old, shaq & pau & phil jackson were just as important as kobe during their championship runs

beliges
01-10-2012, 01:56 AM
Kobe Jelly Bean Bryant, the black mamba, 5 rings, 7 finals, 2 final mvps, shooting guard, get over it!, 28 shots? **** you i'll take 40 next time because of my 5 rings baby!

can u laker fans stop with this 5 rings argument please? its getting old, shaq & pau & phil jackson were just as important as kobe during their championship runs

Thats funny because Laker fans actually have a valid point. Can you Kobe haters stop with the Kobe's just a chucker argument? Its getting old. Look, there was Shaq, there was Pau, there was Phil but the common denominator in all that was Kobe. Its not a shocker Shaq never won before playing with Kobe and was not able to win as much without Kobe than Kobe was able to win without Shaq. Furthermore, Pau was just a mere good player before teaming up with Kobe. Never even won a playoff game and now all of a sudden he was a beast? Shaq and Pau both played their greatest ball by far while teamed up with Kobe. Dude, Kobe is the greatest winner of our generation. He dominated the league in terms of winning more than anybody else since MJ. Only Kobe, MJ, Magic and Kareem were able to pull off at least 5 titles as the franchise player of their team. Kobe's style of play has proven to be more successful than anyone else's style of play currently in the league. Thats the best evidence Laker fans need to back up their points. On the flip side there is you and a few other complete haters that just criticize the dude no matter what. Well, your criticism lacks any validity due to the fact that Kobe playing the way Kobe does wins. And thats the bottom line.

SportsAndrew25
01-10-2012, 02:16 AM
I think Kobe will snap out of it eventually, but he is still one of the top players in the spot.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-10-2012, 02:17 AM
Kobe's 6th championship is currently in the works. That's all I gotta say.

Hellcrooner
01-10-2012, 02:27 AM
Thats funny because Laker fans actually have a valid point. Can you Kobe haters stop with the Kobe's just a chucker argument? Its getting old. Look, there was Shaq, there was Pau, there was Phil but the common denominator in all that was Kobe. Its not a shocker Shaq never won before playing with Kobe and was not able to win as much without Kobe than Kobe was able to win without Shaq. Furthermore, Pau was just a mere good player before teaming up with Kobe. Never even won a playoff game and now all of a sudden he was a beast? Shaq and Pau both played their greatest ball by far while teamed up with Kobe. Dude, Kobe is the greatest winner of our generation. He dominated the league in terms of winning more than anybody else since MJ. Only Kobe, MJ, Magic and Kareem were able to pull off at least 5 titles as the franchise player of their team. Kobe's style of play has proven to be more successful than anyone else's style of play currently in the league. Thats the best evidence Laker fans need to back up their points. On the flip side there is you and a few other complete haters that just criticize the dude no matter what. Well, your criticism lacks any validity due to the fact that Kobe playing the way Kobe does wins. And thats the bottom line.

You are delusional if you think kObe was the franchise player in the threepeat.

Oh and kareem was the franchise only in his bucks and first laker ring, love how you try to shave MAGIC , the greatest laker EVER no matter what the selfish prick does achievemnets out of him.

310Casper
01-10-2012, 02:38 AM
Kobe's got as many rings on his fingers as there is pages in this long stupid thread alone.

Haters gonna hate. If it wasnt for Kobe's one horrible game last week (which was one of the worst games of his 16 career), this thread wouldnt exist. Lakers with only 4 losses, could easily have 1 loss and be tied with Miami's record right now if their starting center (Bynum) wasnt suspended the first four games of this season.

5ass
01-10-2012, 02:39 AM

first of all i never said kobe is "just a chucker" i said he is playing like a chucker right now, it really doesnt take a basketball genius to figure out that on some nights when his shots arent falling he should get his team more involved instead of shooting them out of the game, he has 2 capable offensive players in his line up, get them more involved. Pau NEEDS to be getting more touches. For once in his life I want him to be more humble about it, not "get over it" and then throwing Pau under the bus ("bynum is our 2nd option"). BTW what kind of BS is that? Bynum is now a better offensive player than Pau? Come on..
I dont like Kobe, but it just bothers me when Laker fans enter this thread just to type 5 championships, like Kobe is always right .
Kobe was put in a good situation since day 1, i give credit to the guy for taking advantage of that situation and coming up BIG, i give him credit for playing a big part in those championships, but being the common factor does not mean he is the most important factor.

beliges
01-10-2012, 02:51 AM
You are delusional if you think kObe was the franchise player in the threepeat.

Oh and kareem was the franchise only in his bucks and first laker ring, love how you try to shave MAGIC , the greatest laker EVER no matter what the selfish prick does achievemnets out of him.

Greatest big man to ever play the game. The Captain. Try again.

SportsAndrew25
01-10-2012, 02:53 AM
BTW, to add to this, Kobe has 276 PTS, which ranks him third all time in a season by a player 33 or older.

cambovenzi
01-10-2012, 03:58 AM
Hes had just 2 "bad" games from the field all year.
One of them was almost a triple double.

His FG% is down not even 1% from last year.
At 23 shots per game, this is the 11th time hes had over 20 shots per game..
Nothing too out of the ordinary there at all.

Having a go-to scorer is invaluable, especially when bynum missed games and odom is gone.

Its not like all he is doing is jacking up shots either.
He is averaging over 6 assists per game.
He is also getting to the line a bunch of times too.

Great player playing through injury and having a great season.

shep33
01-10-2012, 04:06 AM
BTW, to add to this, Kobe has 276 PTS, which ranks him third all time in a season by a player 33 or older.

Yeah I just read that earlier, that's extremely impressive, especially considering he's been playing for 16 years.

I mean he was also just named player of the week... some people thought he was done, but the guy is putting up 28, 6 and 6.

He's actually averaging the most assists he ever has ever this season. I've always contested that if he played in this style offense his whole career, his assists would be drastically higher. Some people don't understand that even MJ in the triangle had his stats dip, including his dimes, especially in his final years. Haha hopefully nobody starts a Kobe vs. MJ response to this, because I'm a Laker fan and I'll straight up say MJ>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kobe, and it isn't close.

JJ_JKidd
01-10-2012, 04:10 AM

Its pretty obvious that Kobe owns the Knicks :rolleyes:

shep33
01-10-2012, 04:14 AM
I'm a huge Melo fan... and if you compare Kobe and Melo's numbers this year, they're almost identical, so we can't say Kobe is sucking this year if he's playing on par with a 27 year old superstar in his prime

Melo- 26.6 ppg, 4.4 apg, 6.2 rpg on 44.1% shooting
Kobe- 27.6 ppg, 6.1 apg, 5.8 rpg, on 44.3% shooting

I mean those numbers are pretty even... Kobe is playing very well this season. Outside of that one horrible shooting game, he's been pretty darn good.

That's actually extremely impressive considering this is Kobe's 16th season, lol I mean the guy has been in the league twice as long as Melo has!

ldawg
01-10-2012, 04:24 AM
One thing about haters they are consistent. Haters will always be haters and when you are good you will always have many. At this point why should Kobe care, he should be use to it being so successful for so many years. The fact that after 15 you are still hating on him means he is doing something right.

Gagan136
01-10-2012, 09:54 PM
i love how laker fans say no1 on the lakers except kobe can create their own shot. Bynum, Pau and Artest (in some games) can post up. How is that not creating their shot? let them get good position, clear the area and watch them use their foot work, and post moves to score. Pau was scoring 20+ PPG before he got to the lakers, Pau is capable of creating his own shot AND creating for others. Kobe is playing like a chucker, not only is he taking away from his teammates touches, he also fails to look for the best shot available by passing to the open man, he'll get triple teamed and still shoot the ball a lot of times instead of passing to the open shooter.

Haha i was one of em guys saying kobe is the only one that can create his own shot.... i was not clear cause i meant of the dribble, meta is a very bad offensive player because he is lost but hes tough and can post up... the offensive is better when kobe if on the floor, yeah he takes bad shots now and then but hes the only one that can create something off his dribble.

beliges
01-10-2012, 10:00 PM
Haha i was one of em guys saying kobe is the only one that can create his own shot.... i was not clear cause i meant of the dribble, meta is a very bad offensive player because he is lost but hes tough and can post up... the offensive is better when kobe if on the floor, yeah he takes bad shots now and then but hes the only one that can create something off his dribble.

No you were very clear, and correct. Nobody on the Lakers roster can create their own shot. The fact that you means off the dribble goes without saying because that much is obvious. Dont listen to a bunch of haters like that dude attempting to make a credible post. Its quite clear why Kobe is taking more jumpers this season than the few seasons of the past. The offense is non-existent.

Gagan136
01-10-2012, 10:00 PM
Hes had just 2 "bad" games from the field all year.
One of them was almost a triple double.

His FG% is down not even 1% from last year.
At 23 shots per game, this is the 11th time hes had over 20 shots per game..
Nothing too out of the ordinary there at all.

Having a go-to scorer is invaluable, especially when bynum missed games and odom is gone.

Its not like all he is doing is jacking up shots either.
He is averaging over 6 assists per game.
He is also getting to the line a bunch of times too.

Great player playing through injury and having a great season.

This.

Gagan136
01-10-2012, 10:02 PM
No you were very clear, and correct. Nobody on the Lakers roster can create their own shot. The fact that you means off the dribble goes without saying because that much is obvious. Dont listen to a bunch of haters like that dude attempting to make a credible post. Its quite clear why Kobe is taking more jumpers this season than the few seasons of the past. The offense is non-existent.

Thanks man, sometimes i wonder if people actually watch the game or only look at the stat sheet.

zB_#85
01-11-2012, 01:55 AM
Chucking worked OK for him tonight :)

Hellcrooner
01-11-2012, 02:19 AM
Chucking worked OK for him tonight :)

Wich means a certified defeat next game when he shoots the same number of shots but with less accuracy

beliges
01-11-2012, 05:09 AM
Wich means a certified defeat next game when he shoots the same number of shots but with less accuracy

Dude, I guarantee you if Pau was playing the way hes supposed to be playing, Kobe wouldnt have to shoot so many shots. The last few seasons, Kobe's shot attempts were lower than what he averaged post-shaq upto that point. The reason for that was he had Pau to rely on to take some of the scoring load. One Pau steps up and plays like he is capable of playing on a consistent basis, youll have your wish and Kobe will stop carrying this team offensively.

time4change
01-11-2012, 10:35 AM

Sorry man, last timer I checked it's one of the only reasons they play the game.

LOL last time I checked I wasn't even a Lakers fan, just an intelligent, logical thinking fan of the game.

Right, because without Kobe those teams would have won Championships easily right? Lol keep telling yourself that to your grave, when just about every NBA all star in the league say something along the lines " He's the best player in the world, we kind of expect him to play like that." (Steve Nash)- To me it really makes haters like you unimportant, because clearly he has the respect of those who matter.

5ass
01-11-2012, 11:10 AM

Doesnt matter if its off the dribble or not, kobe must lear to run the offense through pau more or atleast try to get him more involved. Thats rlly not even a question.

Rentzias
01-11-2012, 11:44 AM

Kobe's shooting the ball 23.1 times this season, the most chucks since the horrid 05-06 season, where he shots the ball 27.2 times a game.
Wasn't Jackson the coach during that season of 27.2 times a game?

Hawkeye15
01-11-2012, 11:52 AM
Kobe does love to shoot, again easily leading the NBA in attempts.

naps
01-11-2012, 12:07 PM
Ofcourse he can shoot as many times he wants because he won 5 rings. Even if he's 40 years old he should be taking 30 shots a game because he has 5 rings unlike LeBron.

blystr2002
01-11-2012, 12:18 PM
51% over last 5 games, 58% for 48 pts. last night going 6/7 in the 4th. Shoot it all day.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Ofcourse he can shoot as many times he wants because he won 5 rings. Even if he's 40 years old he should be taking 30 shots a game because he has 5 rings unlike LeBron.

http://www.google.ee/imgres?q=why+u+mad+though&um=1&hl=et&sa=N&biw=1680&bih=917&tbm=isch&tbnid=ZyPfWuQjho_b1M:&imgrefurl=http://www.golivewire.com/forums/peer-eetioai-support-a.html&docid=FsIpaJlgUwz0xM&imgurl=http://www.golivewire.com/forums/img.cgi%253Fi%253D133479&w=470&h=570&ei=FLgNT-G8E4__-gb8qZ3KAw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=320&vpy=125&dur=736&hovh=247&hovw=204&tx=105&ty=133&sig=114215377412690321991&page=1&tbnh=138&tbnw=119&start=0&ndsp=45&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0

whitemamba33
01-11-2012, 01:07 PM

Returns to this thread the day after Kobe scores 48 just so you can hate on him...lol

Somebody has to lead the league in attempts.

If Kobe is going to do it shooting around 50% and putting up anywhere between 28-48 a night, I'm glad he's in a Lakers uniform. His 10 game spread so far suggests that he had 2 or 3 bad games early on, but has found in rhythm and his legs. For anybody that doesn't hate him just for the sake of hating him, that is an exciting thing.

beliges
01-11-2012, 04:02 PM

I believe MJ has averaged more shot attempts per game than Kobe has if Im not mistaken.