PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Offseason Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

NateyB24
03-24-2012, 01:12 AM
If we were getting the young Brandon Jacobs sure but we aren't he is pretty old i would rather draft somebody.

seahawks509
03-24-2012, 01:53 AM
I think the Hawks have a DE in mind and if he is still there at 12 they will take him. My gut tells me there is a 80% chance they will trade down and pick up another 2nd round pick.

If we do have 3 picks in the first 2 rounds i could see DE, LB, and TE being drafted. I think they will wait on a guard, RB, WR until the later rounds, unless one player that is high on their draft board is available.

My thing is we try and trade down or want to trade down all the time but it's just so hard to. Easier if you have pick 4-7 in my eyes.

ThUnDeR HaWk
03-24-2012, 03:31 AM
I think the seahawks will trade for Stewart and/or draft another RB in the later rounds

furmat60
03-24-2012, 04:52 PM
Good interview with Ricardo Lockette. This dude has swag!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGXXzm_za6s

neovenator250
03-24-2012, 05:04 PM
what do you guys think it would cost to aquire Johnathan Stewart from the Panthers? he would be the perfect compliment for Lynch, although i agree that the seahawks need a new "speed" RB sooner or later, Washington regressed this year

I'm thinking maybe a 4th rounder, maybe a 5th.

what about a trade like

future 4th round pick 2013 to CAR for RB Johnathan Stewart and a 2012 6th.

Seattle would get the compliment for Lynch who is also a great reciever. Seattle could still choose to adress the speed RB spot in the draft (miller, wilson, hillman, james) and has the best stable of RB's in the league

just a thought, since green ellis signed with the Bengals, would the Pats be interested in trading up if Richardson was available at 12? The Pats have a TON of draft picks and seattle would surely benifit from the trade!

Been watching Jonathan Stewart against the Saints for a while. He'd be a hell of a get. Be cool to have him back in the Northwest again, too.

House
03-24-2012, 07:58 PM
Lockette seems like he wants to prove some things. That's good for us

ThUnDeR HaWk
03-24-2012, 11:59 PM
Saints signed Lofton, which pretty much means that Hawthorne is back to SEA. Or, if Vilma is released, he could be an option

neovenator250
03-25-2012, 12:59 AM
Saints signed Lofton, which pretty much means that Hawthorne is back to SEA. Or, if Vilma is released, he could be an option

Nah, looks like we'll be keeping Vilma. He probably had to get restructured for us to go get Lofton on a 5 year deal. Likely ya'll will get Hawthorne back.

ztilzer31
03-25-2012, 04:54 PM
at least the saints got a little bit of good news finally lol.

DuckHawk
03-25-2012, 06:38 PM
I would love to bring Stew "home"! Stewart would be awesome......

drew_ellis_23
03-25-2012, 06:51 PM
My thing is we try and trade down or want to trade down all the time but it's just so hard to. Easier if you have pick 4-7 in my eyes.

I think we will take Coples at 12. And I would be fine with that.

House
03-25-2012, 08:43 PM
I think we will take Coples at 12. And I would be fine with that.

I previously had us trading down, but in my latest mock, I have us taking Coples @ #12... I'd be stoked!

ztilzer31
03-25-2012, 08:58 PM
I previously had us trading down, but in my latest mock, I have us taking Coples @ #12... I'd be stoked!

I really hope there are some QB reaches this year or something. I'd thing Coples would be off the board earlier, but you never know.

That would be sick.

seahawks509
03-25-2012, 11:15 PM
Most of the time DE's take time to develope though. That's my only problem.

drew_ellis_23
03-25-2012, 11:43 PM
Any of you guys use walterfootball.com? I like their mock drafts. They got us taking Coples, or Kuechly with our pick. I like both.

ThUnDeR HaWk
03-26-2012, 12:03 AM
my updated 2012 mock draft WITHOUT the seahawks making any trades:
#12 DE Quinton Coples UNC (best pass rusher in draft)
#43 WR Mohammed Sanu RUTGERS (touchdown maker pete carroll talked about)
#76 MLB Micayl Kendricks (even with hawthorne resigned, they can move one or the other to OLB)
#106 RB Chris Polk (perfect compliment to Lynch, could change on whether or not the hawks trade for Stewart)
#169 DE Brandon Lindsey PITT (LEO DE, can get to the QB)
#207 QB Russell Wilson WISCONSIN (project QB behind Jackson and Flynn)
#208 CB Cliff Harris OREGON (pete takes a flier on a guy that was projected as a first round pick before issues with the law, is a very good KR)

downtownhawk
03-26-2012, 01:00 AM
Field Gulls just ran a profile on Joe Adams, WR from Arkansas: http://sidelines.co/article/259701/1037/

This guy's ability to make defenders miss in the open field is quite special. Check out some of the punt return videos in the link. Looks like a solid potential mid to late round pick.

neovenator250
03-26-2012, 04:15 AM
at least the saints got a little bit of good news finally lol.

Amen, brother. And Who Dat.

neovenator250
03-26-2012, 04:17 AM
Any of you guys use walterfootball.com? I like their mock drafts. They got us taking Coples, or Kuechly with our pick. I like both.

Yeah, I check out that site several times a week. Coples has ridiculous talent. His motivation needs to be checked though. Don't know how he's been in interviews, but I imagine that Carroll needs to check him out there.

neovenator250
03-26-2012, 04:17 AM
Field Gulls just ran a profile on Joe Adams, WR from Arkansas: http://sidelines.co/article/259701/1037/

This guy's ability to make defenders miss in the open field is quite special. Check out some of the punt return videos in the link. Looks like a solid potential mid to late round pick.

Down here in the SEC, his return skills are legendary. He had a SICK return against Tennessee.

NateyB24
03-26-2012, 11:57 AM
#76 MLB Micayl Kendricks (even with hawthorne resigned, they can move one or the other to OLB)
#106 RB Chris Polk (perfect compliment to Lynch, could change on whether or not the hawks trade for Stewart)
#208 CB Cliff Harris OREGON (pete takes a flier on a guy that was projected as a first round pick before issues with the law, is a very good KR)

Wow if that actually happened and all those guys fell that would be a unbelievable draft.

I hope Stephen Hill falls to the 2nd round i don't see it though not with the 40 time he put up and the fact that he is 6'4.

seahawks509
03-26-2012, 03:34 PM

Yes, but im not a fan of their mock's. Especially after what they posted about Cleveland not trading for Griffin. Not a fan of Cleveland, but seriously it was hella stupid.

03-26-2012, 04:19 PM
what about trade for dwight freeny? what you think it would cost 3rd and 4th?

ThUnDeR HaWk
03-26-2012, 06:24 PM
god no. Freeney does not at all fit what the seahawks are trying to do.

Hargrove signed with the Packers today, to bad the seahawks didnt resign him

another WR the seahawks should take a look at is WR Jerome Simpson. hes got good size (6'3) and speed, hes just inconsistent

neovenator250
03-26-2012, 11:07 PM

This would be an AWESOME draft. I have my doubts about Coples, but he's probably the most talented D-Lineman in the class. Sanu's stock is dropping, but he could be a dependable possession style WR for Flynn/Jackson. Kendricks is probably gonna be an OLB in the pros I imagine. Once Hawthorne is re-signed either of them could play all of the LB spots, though. Polk from the UW, haha, he could definitely be had here. Stock down post Senior Bowl. I feel really bad for Russell Wilson. If he was 6'2", he'd be drafted early in Round 1. Cliff Harris...ewww...

Seattle4Ever
03-26-2012, 11:40 PM
I forgot about Polk :drool:

NateyB24
03-27-2012, 12:10 AM
Marshawn Lynch became a $31 million man earlier this offseason and now he’s going to work with the six million man.

KING-5 TV in Seattle is reporting that Lynch has signed on to play a role in a movie that also stars Lee Majors, who played Steve Austin on television’s The Six Million Dollar Man in the 70s. The film is not about a Skittles-loving running back who occasionally slips into Beast Mode when running the football. It’s called Matt’s Chance and, per the report, it’s about “a mid-20-something cowboy who’s betrayed by his girlfriend” before slipping into a downward spiral.

The movie also stars Gary Busey, Margot Kidder (a.k.a. Lois Lane from the original Superman movies) and Edward Furlong of Terminator 2 fame. There’s no word on when filming will be completed or when the movie is expected to be released.

For the sake of the team’s future, someone with the Seahawks might want to reach out to Lynch to make sure he doesn’t spend too much time soaking up wisdom in Busey’s trailer during the shoot. That would not be a good move for his future as a running back or an actor.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/26/marshawn-lynch-is-hitting-the-silver-screen/

NateyB24
03-29-2012, 05:32 PM
I forgot about Polk :drool:

Don't know if he will last till the 4th round though maybe 3rd.

neovenator250
03-30-2012, 11:08 PM
Panthers traded RB Mike Goodson to Oakland straight up for OT Bruce Campbell. Looks like they aren't going to be looking for a trading partner to take Jonathan Stewart.

Seattle4Ever
03-30-2012, 11:48 PM
Wow, that's a good swap for both teams.

House
03-31-2012, 12:03 AM
Panthers traded RB Mike Goodson to Oakland straight up for OT Bruce Campbell. Looks like they aren't going to be looking for a trading partner to take Jonathan Stewart.

Wow, that's a good swap for both teams.

Very good trade for both... What do you guys think about Kahlil Bell from CHI? He played us when Forte was out. He is a Right of Refusal Restricted FA. With CHI just signing Bush, they might let him walk...

Seattle4Ever
03-31-2012, 12:10 AM
Eh, I think Bell is a pretty damn good backup. He filled in pretty well for Forte, but I'm not sure if we need a slashing speed back, bruiser back, or combination.

Washington is nearing the end of his better playing days so maybe we could get Bell, draft a speedy back, and either let Leon go this year or next year. Not a big fan of Forsett anymore besides pass pro (which he did not excel at last year) and getting draws for long gains (which are usually just on 3rd and long and don't result in first downs).

ThUnDeR HaWk
03-31-2012, 02:41 PM
sign bell and draft either Miller or Wilson in draft, and try to get Bryce Brown as a late pick or UDFA

another bruising back Seattle could look at in the draft is former Longhorns RB Cody Johnson. He plays alot like Le'ron McClain

House
03-31-2012, 03:20 PM
sign bell and draft either Miller or Wilson in draft, and try to get Bryce Brown as a late pick or UDFA

another bruising back Seattle could look at in the draft is former Longhorns RB Cody Johnson. He plays alot like Le'ron McClain

Slow down killer... LOL

I can't believe I didn't remember this, but we do have Vai Taua is still on the roster. He's 5'10", 225lbs and has good receiving hands. My guess is we go late rd and try to work with what we have

Spartan8585
04-01-2012, 01:26 AM
Not sure if this is new news or anything but it looks as if Hawthorne is close to signing..

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2012/03/31/morning-links-hawthorne-returning-to-hawks/

House
04-01-2012, 01:29 AM
Not sure if this is new news or anything but it looks as if Hawthorne is close to signing..

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2012/03/31/morning-links-hawthorne-returning-to-hawks/

I haven't seen this yet... This is pretty good news.

ccg34
04-01-2012, 01:46 AM
Great news. I believe Hawthorne is the most underrated player on the team.

ChosenReject
04-01-2012, 01:52 AM

:clap:

Burleson81
04-01-2012, 08:48 AM
I like Heater, but PC wanted to get faster at LB. I wonder how this would fit in that plan? Are we interested in re-signing Hill, too?

House
04-01-2012, 09:53 AM
I like Heater, but PC wanted to get faster at LB. I wonder how this would fit in that plan? Are we interested in re-signing Hill, too?

Hawthorne is an interesting case. I personally like the guy, he's a effort guy. His lingering injuries will start to mount and he'll be Tatupu 2.0.

I'm thinking that we are taking LB in the draft. The Rookie will push Hill for the job if Hill returns.

Norm
04-01-2012, 07:03 PM
We need GM's for the Full 7 round forum wide NFL draft mock

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=708489

It was fun last time, I anticipate it will be again.

Seattle4Ever
04-01-2012, 07:10 PM
I'm down. I ****ed up last time.

I'll represent us. This time maybe I can give someone my cell number if I'm away...

Norm
04-01-2012, 07:21 PM
I'll put you down for SEA then.

FWBrodie
04-01-2012, 09:37 PM
S4E, don't **** this up.

Boozerguy47
04-02-2012, 03:56 AM
^^ What Brodie said.

Burleson81
04-02-2012, 05:42 AM
^ Ditto what Brodie said.

Don't draft an Aaron Curry, Rick Mirer, or Brian Bozworth for us. :mad:

neovenator250
04-02-2012, 06:14 AM

No team in their right mind should go near this kid.

furmat60
04-02-2012, 06:45 PM
They have us taking Coples. Hell yes.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/56486/2012-nfl-blog-network-mock-draft

drew_ellis_23
04-02-2012, 11:14 PM
Any rumors or anything about us signing a LB from Jacksonville? I was just told we signed someone, but I can't find anything.

Blazers#1Fan
04-03-2012, 06:34 AM
I seen we signed lumpkin why didnt we sign Ryan Torain the guys a beast i dont know why he's still a free agent

I want coples or kuchley there both monsters i think coples will be julius peppers esc not as good but if he puts his all every game he can be

I see kuchley upside of jared allen

Either one im happy with upshaw wont be as good at the next level IMO

House
04-03-2012, 09:51 AM
I seen we signed lumpkin why didnt we sign Ryan Torain the guys a beast i dont know why he's still a free agent

I want coples or kuchley there both monsters i think coples will be julius peppers esc not as good but if he puts his all every game he can be

Torain has had a million knee injuries.

Kuechly is a MLB. I don't get the Jared Allen comparison. Brian Urlacher maybe...

FWBrodie
04-03-2012, 12:20 PM

Kuechly is not a pass rusher at all. Coples couldn't even stay on the field in the ACC. His coaches had him on the bench most the time. Bad sign.

Seattle4Ever
04-03-2012, 05:39 PM
No pressure ;)

drew_ellis_23
04-03-2012, 07:21 PM
Saints signed Hawthorne! ****!

ThUnDeR HaWk
04-03-2012, 07:57 PM
there is still 3 free agents i would like to see SEA sign
MLB Johnathan Goff (good MLB who is still young and was Giants starter until injured)
WR Jerome Simpson (very talented atheltic WR with good size and speed, but has troubled past which is why he is still available. if price is right good signing)
OG Deuce Lutui (was a very good OG before weight probelms, played at USC, sign on a make good contract

PLAYERS TO SIGN AFTER THE DRAFT:
RFA RB Khalil Bell (very good all around RB who is extremly underrated. has RFA status but idk if the Bears tendered him with anything)
LB Larry Grant (very athletic fast LB who has a 7th round tender, so seattle would have to wait until after the draft to sign him and give up a 2013 7th)

NateyB24
04-04-2012, 02:53 AM
Hawthorne (cont.): "I think they valued me and my body of work and I had never played a snap for them."

https://twitter.com/#!/dannyoneil/status/187356997732143104

Is it just me or does it sound like Hawthorne is being bitter towards our FO? Guess we will have to wait and find out the $ amount.

neovenator250
04-04-2012, 04:17 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/dannyoneil/status/187356997732143104

Is it just me or does it sound like Hawthorne is being bitter towards our FO? Guess we will have to wait and find out the $ amount.

According to a source, he signed with the Saints because they were more willing to commit to a longer deal. I imagine he wasn't too pleased with the Seahawks offer

Thebudler
04-04-2012, 04:38 PM
there is still 3 free agents i would like to see SEA sign
MLB Johnathan Goff (good MLB who is still young and was Giants starter until injured)
WR Jerome Simpson (very talented atheltic WR with good size and speed, but has troubled past which is why he is still available. if price is right good signing)
OG Deuce Lutui (was a very good OG before weight probelms, played at USC, sign on a make good contract

PLAYERS TO SIGN AFTER THE DRAFT:
RFA RB Khalil Bell (very good all around RB who is extremly underrated. has RFA status but idk if the Bears tendered him with anything)
LB Larry Grant (very athletic fast LB who has a 7th round tender, so seattle would have to wait until after the draft to sign him and give up a 2013 7th)

Goff is a good athlete, but has had injury problems. But if the price was right, why not take a flier on him. We are EXTREMELY thin at LB.

Jerome Simpson got busted for a felony drug charge. He is athletic, but I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole!

Deuce could be a cheap signing. He is a nasty player that Cable would probably like. Hawks can never have too much depth on the O-line!

FWBrodie
04-04-2012, 05:32 PM
Jerome Simpson is a dumbass.

NateyB24
04-04-2012, 09:24 PM
According to a source, he signed with the Saints because they were more willing to commit to a longer deal. I imagine he wasn't too pleased with the Seahawks offer

I see well that could mean one of two things Kuechly is a lock or they don't really value the LB position since there D-Line is so big LB play isn't that important to them.

FWBrodie
04-04-2012, 10:25 PM
There are tons of LB's in this draft. Just because Kuechly is the media darling at MLB doesn't mean he's even the best at the position on the Hawks' board, and certainly doesn't mean they view him as the best value. I doubt they ever had plans to re-up Heater unless it was on a short term unguaranteed type of deal. They've had a plan all along. Whether it involves Kuechly remains to be seen, but I guarantee at the very least they haven't put all their eggs in one basket.

NateyB24
04-05-2012, 12:58 AM
What will the Seattle Seahawks do? Separate sources told me today the team hopes to move out of the 12th slot and trade into the later portion of round one, where they will then draft linebacker Donta Hightower. If they can’t move the pick they are seriously considering Hightower’s teammate, safety Mark Barron, at that slot and Kam Chancellor would then move to outside linebacker.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6216

This could just be a smoke screen by Pete and John but why do i get the feeling that Pete would actually experiment with Chancellor at LB?

ztilzer31
04-05-2012, 02:54 AM
There are tons of LB's in this draft. Just because Kuechly is the media darling at MLB doesn't mean he's even the best at the position on the Hawks' board, and certainly doesn't mean they view him as the best value. I doubt they ever had plans to re-up Heater unless it was on a short term unguaranteed type of deal. They've had a plan all along. Whether it involves Kuechly remains to be seen, but I guarantee at the very least they haven't put all their eggs in one basket.

I agree. If we were at a higher position with a guaranteed player at our hands I could see it, but we don't even know if Kuechly is going to be there. The Seahawks are at the position in the draft where drafting the best player available is usually the better route. I do think he's probably valued as the best on the board, but they probably told Heater he wouldn't be guaranteed a starting job. Our defense doesn't rely on the linebacker core as much as Mike Holmgren's did. I'm not that worried. More worried about our O-line being bad again.

ccg34
04-05-2012, 03:03 AM
http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6216

This could just be a smoke screen by Pete and John but why do i get the feeling that Pete would actually experiment with Chancellor at LB?

Id stick to Kam at SS. He was a pro bowler at that spot last year. Don't fix what ain't broke.

Hawksfan2010
04-05-2012, 11:57 AM
Just read this on SB nation. Hightower would be a good pick. Plus we get extra picks.

http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2012/4/5/2927550/report-seahawks-looking-to-trade-back-targeting-donta-hightower

neovenator250
04-05-2012, 03:14 PM
Moving Kam Chancellor to LB? Why? one of the best young safeties in the league. Maybe if they have a guy behind him that they want to give a chance to and they think Kam can bulk up...

Norm
04-05-2012, 04:55 PM
Seahawks are up in the mock draft game.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=708536

Not sure if you guys are doing this together or what the deal is.

neovenator250
04-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Zach Brown, good 2nd rounder for Seattle if you have Ingram in the 1st?

ElFuturoDeESPN
04-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Yeah I was thinkin' Brown, Kendricks or Shea McClellin.. Wanna go Brown? His + Ingram's athleticism = :drool:

neovenator250
04-05-2012, 06:22 PM
Yeah I was thinkin' Brown, Kendricks or Shea McClellin.. Wanna go Brown? His + Ingram's athleticism = :drool:

Had to be Brown. Ridiculous athleticism at LB to go with his size. He's a 3 down LB. Can rush the passer, be physical against the run, and is athletic enough to cover without issue

neovenator250
04-05-2012, 06:23 PM

I'm not as high on Kendricks as a lot of people, but I think you'd have to go with Brown before him, regardless.

FWBrodie
04-05-2012, 07:09 PM
Yeah, tough call there. Kendricks is far more instinctual and could play MLB or OLB, but I think the first priority is range in coverage and Brown is the pick for that. That would be a great situation for the Hawks to be in at that point picking between the two.

jej
04-05-2012, 08:55 PM
I'm definitely on the OL board. If we can get Decastro first round, then brown 2nd we fill both holes, but the bigger one is filled first. I maybe RB or DB 3rd.
I also wouldn't mind a replacement for Hargrove. I like Red but I think having a quicker guy to get some time there is good to have.

ThUnDeR HaWk
04-05-2012, 11:12 PM
^ we need another DE more then we need an OG, and i think OG can be adressed in FA for the time being (Eric Steinbach, Deuce Lutui) or rounds 6-7 (Lucas Nix, Tony Bergstrom).

top needs right now are :
1)2 starting LB AND depth
2)1-2 DEs
3)back up RB (thru trade (J.Stewart) FA (extremly underrated Khalil Bell) and/or draft (Miller, Polk, Wilson)
4)secondary depth
5)Oline depth
6)WR depth
7)QB

FWBrodie
04-06-2012, 03:58 AM
I'm definitely on the OL board. If we can get Decastro first round, then brown 2nd we fill both holes, but the bigger one is filled first. I maybe RB or DB 3rd.
I also wouldn't mind a replacement for Hargrove. I like Red but I think having a quicker guy to get some time there is good to have.

Jason Jones not only replaces Hargrove, but is a dramatic upgrade.

jej
04-06-2012, 09:51 AM
You think a backup RB is more important than a starting OG? And I'm fine with Clemons and Bryant at end right now. At least a lineman 2nd round. Our line was **** last year. And I don't have confidence in MCQuiston as a starter.

FWBrodie
04-06-2012, 11:30 AM
The line featured two rookies and two players getting their first starter action. You have to give them a chance to grow. Where is there room for another lineman? Okung, Carpenter, Unger, Moffitt, Giacomini. That's quality and upside. Late round depth if anything at all.

ChosenReject
04-06-2012, 11:40 AM
The line doesn't need to add any young players. Adding more rookies would be overkill. If anything the line is in need of veteran depth.

ThUnDeR HaWk
04-06-2012, 12:23 PM
the hawks line was solid last year, especially down the stretch. McQuisitan and jeanpierre provide good depth. One of the big reasons Jackson was sacked so much is cause he held onto the ball so long in the pocket

ztilzer31
04-06-2012, 02:42 PM
The line featured two rookies and two players getting their first starter action. You have to give them a chance to grow. Where is there room for another lineman? Okung, Carpenter, Unger, Moffitt, Giacomini. That's quality and upside. Late round depth if anything at all.

I completely disagree. We don't need to give time to "grow". We need results. Our rookies need to put up or shut up. Carpenter was HORRIBLE last season. Not rookie bad, but all around bad. He plain out did not have the quickness to block off the edge. He rarely showed good run blocking. I don't expect him to be a pro bowler off the bat, but he needs to earn the starting job. He was given the job last year, and he completely blew it.

A change to guard might be good, and maybe he does turn out to be good, but I don't think we should just rely on having Carpenter playing well. He was worse than Locklear was at any point of his career IMO. That's pretty sad. I hated Locklear.

ztilzer31
04-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Oh yeah, and I doubt Kam will move out of the secondary. Pete rely's on the secondary a lot in his defensive schemes. He wants his most talented players in the secondary IMO.

I don't like the Melvin Ingram pick for the record. I think he's going to bust. We'll see though DE is a pretty hard position to scout. You definitely got dicked with Coples and Kuechly getting picked ahead of you :(.

FWBrodie
04-06-2012, 02:49 PM
I completely disagree. We don't need to give time to "grow". We need results. Our rookies need to put up or shut up. Carpenter was HORRIBLE last season. Not rookie bad, but all around bad. He plain out did not have the quickness to block off the edge. He rarely showed good run blocking. I don't expect him to be a pro bowler off the bat, but he needs to earn the starting job. He was given the job last year, and he completely blew it.

A change to guard might be good, and maybe he does turn out to be good, but I don't think we should just rely on having Carpenter playing well. He was worse than Locklear was at any point of his career IMO. That's pretty sad. I hated Locklear.
:facepalm:

Burleson81
04-06-2012, 05:52 PM
Seahawks have agreed to terms with G Deuce Lutui, LB Barrett Ruud, CB Roy Lewis.

ThUnDeR HaWk
04-06-2012, 06:00 PM
3 solid depth signings. idk whats been up with Ruud lately, he used to be one of the best MLBs in the league, but hes had injury probelms the last 2 years. still relatively young at 28.

Seattle4Ever
04-06-2012, 06:07 PM
Amazing signings.

Ruud is a ****ing stud, Lutui will be good to fill in for Carp until he is gone and provide depth, and Lewis is a good ST player and backup.

ChosenReject
04-06-2012, 06:08 PM
I like all three of those guys. Awesome signings!

Seattle4Ever
04-06-2012, 06:09 PM
Ruud used to be an absolute tackle machine before he went down on the IR with a shoulder injury.

Burleson81
04-06-2012, 06:13 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/62549/on-seattles-deals-with-lutui-ruud-lewis

Seattle4Ever
04-06-2012, 06:22 PM
Really, really excited about Ruud. He's basically Hawthorne but is more proven and can cover sideline to sideline. He can cover too.

drew_ellis_23
04-06-2012, 09:03 PM
Like the signings today!! 3 weeks until the draft. So stoked!

ThUnDeR HaWk
04-06-2012, 09:13 PM
i hope they resign Hill aswell, and draft two LBs like Kendricks in 2nd and Acho in 4th and/or burficit in 6th

T-Rich23
04-07-2012, 02:12 PM
Has anyone heard about Ruud's run D? I was reading up on him and I'm hearing that his run D is pretty bad, saying he doesn't attack the gaps and can't tackle RB's.

House
04-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Has anyone heard about Ruud's run D? I was reading up on him and I'm hearing that his run D is pretty bad, saying he doesn't attack the gaps and can't tackle RB's.

Early in his career he had issues wrapping up tackles on RBs. From what I saw in TB, he played very agressive towards the line of scrimmage in run defense.

Burleson81
04-07-2012, 07:51 PM
Don't know much about this guy. In his best years, what was Ruud known for? Run stop, pass coverage, or blitzing?

Burleson81
04-07-2012, 07:56 PM
i hope they resign Hill aswell, and draft two LBs like Kendricks in 2nd and Acho in 4th and/or burficit in 6th

If we were going to re-sign one of veteran LB, it should have been Heater. In training camp, I recall Ken Norton raving about Hill. But with his oft off-the-field problems, they should just cut ties.

At this point, I think our D has regressed. But we'll progress again through the draft.

ThUnDeR HaWk
04-07-2012, 11:24 PM
the D hasnt really regressed, theyve lost an oft injured starting LB and gained another one, and added a very good DT

ztilzer31
04-09-2012, 04:29 PM
I think we're kind of in neutral this off season defensively, but the draft could make it better. We'll see. The defense wasn't the problem last year though...

ChosenReject
04-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Trufant's back!
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/2017944482_marcustrufantreturnstotheseahawks.html

furmat60
04-09-2012, 07:03 PM
Trufant's back!
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/2017944482_marcustrufantreturnstotheseahawks.html

I just saw that! I'm so happy!

FWBrodie
04-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Truuuuuf.

Sweet. CB is in great hands. That's done.

furmat60
04-09-2012, 08:24 PM
Truuuuuf.

Sweet. CB is in great hands. That's done.

Especially if he's healthy. If he's healthy he can still play at a starter level, no doubt.

drew_ellis_23
04-09-2012, 09:18 PM
Very pleased to see my boy Tru back in the fold!

House
04-09-2012, 11:42 PM
For the previous $7M+ contract, he wasn't going to stick around. Glad to see he's back and he can play the NB while Thurmond is still recovering.

No need to draft a CB for now...

ztilzer31
04-09-2012, 11:55 PM
:facepalm:

Can you not try to bait me on every forum. You know my policy. If you want to disagree with me come up with something don't just say that's dumb, or this is stupid.

FWBrodie
04-10-2012, 01:20 AM
No, you're right. The Seahawks should abandon their first round pick from last year and draft his replacement in round one this year. Rookie offensive lineman should be pro bowlers in their first seasons. Who needs an offseason these days anyway? Okung made huge strides from his first season to his second, but the game has changed since 2011. We don't have time for that anymore. Let's start another project instead and hope he's an automatic pro bowler.

Once again: :facepalm:

NateyB24
04-10-2012, 01:36 AM
Yea i am with Brodie on this one our line is fine and we have good depth no point in going O-Line in the 1st round if we go O-Line at all this draft it probably won't be till the 4th round.

seasun62
04-10-2012, 02:55 AM
Exactly! last year was a throw away for most of the rookies...no offseason is particularly tough on OL....it's way too early to judge.

FWBrodie
04-10-2012, 03:19 AM
Furthermore, Carpenter wasn't all bad last year. The way he moves at his size is impressive. He needs experience.

ztilzer31
04-10-2012, 04:01 AM
No, you're right. The Seahawks should abandon their first round pick from last year and draft his replacement in round one this year. Rookie offensive lineman should be pro bowlers in their first seasons. Who needs an offseason these days anyway? Okung made huge strides from his first season to his second, but the game has changed since 2011. We don't have time for that anymore. Let's start another project instead and hope he's an automatic pro bowler.

Once again: :facepalm:

One of the first things is said was I don't expect him to be a pro bowler right away.:facepalm:

Don't act like we didn't reach for Carpenter in the first round.

Also, Carpenter played in 9 games, and was HORRIBLE on the edge. No way around that. Sure he got better, but those first 3 games were horrid. Maybe you're right, and he comes out solid, but he looked athletically inferior to the competition last year IMO. Same as last year we have a very inexperienced line. We got Omiyale, and I expect him to start (or at least get a lot of snaps). I'm not saying we give up on Carpenter, but he shouldn't be handed another starting job.

The whole point was made based on the idea we could get screwed on not get either Kuechly or Coples. I always think that you should either draft your guys at the position your want, or the best player available. I don't think either Carpenter, or Moffit cemented their hold on a starting position.

The fact they didn't get a full training camp is a good point, but neither did anyone else.

FWBrodie
04-10-2012, 05:39 AM
The Seahawks didn't reach on Carpenter.

If Omiyale is starting, something has gone horribly wrong.

Carpenter was not "horrible."

I don't want Kuechly or Coples... at least not first.

I always think that you should either draft your guys at the position your want, or the best player available.
What the hell does that mean? I only like numbers between 0 and infinite or numbers from zero to negative infinite. Huh?

Burleson81
04-10-2012, 07:53 AM

Update at 4:09 p.m.: In fact, Thurmond is expected to begin the season on the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list, which would indicate a setback in his recovery from the injury. If a player is on the PUP list after the final roster cuts, he must miss at least the first six games before being activated.

Too bad. I think they need to draft a CB somewhere in the draft.

seasun62
04-10-2012, 10:27 AM
One of the first things is said was I don't expect him to be a pro bowler right away.:facepalm:

Don't act like we didn't reach for Carpenter in the first round.

Also, Carpenter played in 9 games, and was HORRIBLE on the edge. No way around that. Sure he got better, but those first 3 games were horrid. Maybe you're right, and he comes out solid, but he looked athletically inferior to the competition last year IMO. Same as last year we have a very inexperienced line. We got Omiyale, and I expect him to start (or at least get a lot of snaps). I'm not saying we give up on Carpenter, but he shouldn't be handed another starting job.

The whole point was made based on the idea we could get screwed on not get either Kuechly or Coples. I always think that you should either draft your guys at the position your want, or the best player available. I don't think either Carpenter, or Moffit cemented their hold on a starting position.

The fact they didn't get a full training camp is a good point, but neither did anyone else.

Everyone else wasn't a rookie O lineman. Not to mention they played side by side and had been given no chance to gel or learn the system. Offensive line is one of the hardest positions to just walk in and play well.

You complain about Brodie just calling your arguments stupid but you continually make arguments without considering all the factors. Given the FO's track record I think we can expect huge improvements from Carpenter (once healthy) and Moffitt this season.

ztilzer31
04-10-2012, 02:47 PM
Everyone else wasn't a rookie O lineman. Not to mention they played side by side and had been given no chance to gel or learn the system. Offensive line is one of the hardest positions to just walk in and play well.

You complain about Brodie just calling your arguments stupid but you continually make arguments without considering all the factors. Given the FO's track record I think we can expect huge improvements from Carpenter (once healthy) and Moffitt this season.

So you think our O-line is fine, and we don't need anything else?

My draft philosophy is you pick your top guys from the position you need. For example with this years you pick your top LB and top DE (biggest needs IMO). If those 2 guys aren't there you pick the best guy available on the board. You don't reach for someone. You go based off talent.

I'm glad you're the only person in the NFL that didn't think Carpenter was a reach last year Brodie. **** Carpenter thought first round was a reach. He straight up said he didn't expect to go first round.

FWBrodie
04-10-2012, 08:06 PM
The Steelers planned to pick Carpenter right after us and I believe the Eagles as well. This was widely reported after the draft. There's a reason the "scouts" working for ESPN and NFLN and CBS aren't NFL employees. Also, each team scouts differently. There were many people projecting Carpenter in the 20's of the first round, which is where the Hawks picked him. You don't find guys as large and powerful as Carp that can move like him. He's special. Just take a look at Robert Gallery running down the field and compare the two. It's night and day (Gallery looks ugly, unathletic, and slow).

FWBrodie
04-10-2012, 08:08 PM
Okung, Carpenter, Unger, Moffitt, Giacomini

Love that line. Massive potential.

ThUnDeR HaWk
04-10-2012, 10:30 PM
former 49ers and Saints DT Aubrayo Franklin visited SEA today, per Adam Schefter

House
04-10-2012, 10:36 PM
Okung, Carpenter, Unger, Moffitt, Giacomini

Love that line. Massive potential.

Battled tested and all under the age of 27... Could be a great line for several years barring injury!

House
04-10-2012, 10:41 PM
The Steelers planned to pick Carpenter right after us and I believe the Eagles as well. This was widely reported after the draft. There's a reason the "scouts" working for ESPN and NFLN and CBS aren't NFL employees. Also, each team scouts differently. There were many people projecting Carpenter in the 20's of the first round, which is where the Hawks picked him. You don't find guys as large and powerful as Carp that can move like him. He's special. Just take a look at Robert Gallery running down the field and compare the two. It's night and day (Gallery looks ugly, unathletic, and slow).

Agreed. I reported that on Day 2 of the draft last year. SO many people thought Carimi was a better pick, but he isn't athletic.

The BIGGEST thing about people downing on OL need to realize where the player previously played. Carpenter was a LT at Alabama. Having to learn RT w/ no offseason hurt him BIG time. Re-learning how to plant and anchor with an opposite foot takes time, ESPECIALLY when you weigh 300lbs+. He looked good at LG and IMO that is the best spot for him on this team.

FWBrodie
04-10-2012, 11:25 PM
That and NFL defensive ends are vastly more skilled than those in college, not to mention generally way faster and stronger. There's an adjustment period.

NateyB24
04-11-2012, 02:05 AM
Agreed. I reported that on Day 2 of the draft last year. SO many people thought Carimi was a better pick, but he isn't athletic.

The BIGGEST thing about people downing on OL need to realize where the player previously played. Carpenter was a LT at Alabama. Having to learn RT w/ no offseason hurt him BIG time. Re-learning how to plant and anchor with an opposite foot takes time, ESPECIALLY when you weigh 300lbs+. He looked good at LG and IMO that is the best spot for him on this team.

Plus with no Off-Season he probably didn't know how to properly condition himself.

House
04-11-2012, 03:33 AM
Plus with no Off-Season he probably didn't know how to properly condition himself.

Completely agree. This year will be so much different!

House
04-11-2012, 03:36 AM
We just signed Clint McDonald to his Exclusive Rights tender. We'll have him play this year for $540,000.00. Not too shabby for DL depth!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/18457956

ztilzer31
04-11-2012, 03:47 AM
I think the emergence of Giacomini last year really helps our line. That doesn't change the fact we don't have a savvy veteran or even a pro bowler on our line. I think Okung has the potential to be good, and same with Carpenter and Moffit, but how long will that take? Also we need depth still IMO.

Like I said. It's not my first option, but if the best player available is a future star at the guard position, I'm down. Maybe I'm just nervous because the last time we had our "future O-line" was when Holmgren said Chris Spencer, and Sean Locklear were going to be our future for the O-line.

That being said. I don't see what I said being stupid. Can you please always put in your opinion when you disagree. You know I ****ing hate it when someone says "thats dumb" or "face palm". Tell me why, and I'll listen. I always do.

Thebudler
04-11-2012, 09:44 AM

Yeah, I read somewhere the Packers were high on Carpenter also. The only thing that scares me is the way he came into camp. He was extremely out of shape and a little fat. Once he dropped 15 pounds through training camp and first few games, he looked a lot better. Coming off of ACL surgery, I don't think we can put him back at tackle. But I think he could be one hell of a guard.

Burleson81
04-11-2012, 11:56 AM
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter

Aubrayo Franklin visiting Seahwaks today.

Aubrayo Franklin, Defensive Tackle

Anyone know anything about him?

Thebudler
04-11-2012, 12:34 PM
Franklin was an asset for the 49ers, but had very limited success last year with the Saints. He is getting old (Will be 32 when the season starts) and has limited upside. Wouldn't be a bad move for depth, but realistically, I wouldn't expect much if we did sign him.

FWBrodie
04-11-2012, 02:08 PM
Nose tackle. Not really sure how he would fit. I would think Branch would already be enough depth behind Mebane, especially with Jones here now. Pete Carroll isn't f-ing around with DT depth.

Thebudler
04-11-2012, 03:06 PM
What do you guys think about trading for Keith Rivers? I have heard rumors that the Giants are interested. I assume the return will be about the same as the Eagles gave up for Demeco Ryans (mid rounder 4-5). This is interesting to me. He is a great athlete and great football player, but has been very injury plagued. I think the way the hawks draft (get great value with each pick), I would rather keep the pick, but wouldn't be mad if we did make the trade.

Update: Never mind! Rivers just got traded to the Giants for a 5th round pick. Good move for the Giants in my opinion.

ThUnDeR HaWk
04-11-2012, 06:20 PM
too bad, keith rivers would have been a good pick up, and for a 5th round pick is a steal.

FA's still available id like SEATTLE to sign/look at:
QB Dennis Dixon (hasnt been signed yet, could come in and compete for the 3rd/2nd QB spot. i though Dixon played well in relief when he did in PIT)
ILB Johnathan Goff (can play both OLB and ILB, played well for giants before injury. still young, would come cheap)
RB Khalil Bell (good young power back, hasnt got a lot of use in CHI but has looked solid when hes played)
RB Tim Hightower (another possible solid back, has recieved little to no interest because hes coming of a leg injury. could be back to normal, if not no loss cause he costs nothing. good reciever)
WR Patrick Turner (former USC trojan, Turner is a massive reciever and former 3rd round pick that hasnt developped in the NFL so far. played for the Jets last year)
S Tanard Jackson (young and talented, but was vut because he failed his physical. like Lutui, could come in on a make good contract)
DT Aubrayo Frankiln (had an off year in NO, but is a very good run stuffing veteran DT. could possibly sub for Bryant)

House
04-11-2012, 09:11 PM
too bad, keith rivers would have been a good pick up, and for a 5th round pick is a steal.

FA's still available id like SEATTLE to sign/look at:
QB Dennis Dixon (hasnt been signed yet, could come in and compete for the 3rd/2nd QB spot. i though Dixon played well in relief when he did in PIT)
ILB Johnathan Goff (can play both OLB and ILB, played well for giants before injury. still young, would come cheap)
RB Khalil Bell (good young power back, hasnt got a lot of use in CHI but has looked solid when hes played)
RB Tim Hightower (another possible solid back, has recieved little to no interest because hes coming of a leg injury. could be back to normal, if not no loss cause he costs nothing. good reciever)
WR Patrick Turner (former USC trojan, Turner is a massive reciever and former 3rd round pick that hasnt developped in the NFL so far. played for the Jets last year)
S Tanard Jackson (young and talented, but was vut because he failed his physical. like Lutui, could come in on a make good contract)
DT Aubrayo Frankiln (had an off year in NO, but is a very good run stuffing veteran DT. could possibly sub for Bryant)

No thanks to Dixon or Turner. No need to bring another QB in UNLESS we draft one. Turner is a TURD. More concerned about star status than playing football. Dwayne Jarrett 2.0.

ManningToTyree
04-11-2012, 09:21 PM
Hey guys! I didn't want to clutter your forum with an outsiders thread so I'll ask in here.

Giants signed Sean Locklear. I saw that he played most of his career with you guys, but I don't know much about him. Is he any good? Can he still start? Why did you let him go last year?

Thanks fellas

House
04-11-2012, 10:27 PM
Hey guys! I didn't want to clutter your forum with an outsiders thread so I'll ask in here.

Giants signed Sean Locklear. I saw that he played most of his career with you guys, but I don't know much about him. Is he any good? Can he still start? Why did you let him go last year?

Thanks fellas

He had some good games for us, but had much more mediocre ones. What position are you guys looking at him playing. He's probably best suited to play RG. I wouldn't expect a Probowler, but some guys have produced in new places. Good luck to you guys!

House
04-11-2012, 11:30 PM
QB Kevin O'Connell, RB/FB Jacob Hester and DT Aubrayo Franklin all came in for a visit. Hester played w/ Flynn at LSU. He could be a cheap backup if we don't draft one...

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/4/11/2942581/seahawks-try-out-qb-kevin-oconnell-host-fb-rb-jacob-hester-dt-aubrayo

ztilzer31
04-12-2012, 12:43 AM

Thanks fellas

Hey the Giants are my second team! Locklear is ok. He came out of college with pretty good upside, and never really hit his potential. He had injury problems during his NFL career though. Seemed to struggle a lot. He'd definitely be on the bottom half of the list (toward the middle though) if you were to list all the starting RT's.

ThUnDeR HaWk
04-12-2012, 12:51 AM
maybe sign a bigger back like hester, bell and/or hightower and draft more of a speed back like Wilson, James or Miller

Thebudler
04-12-2012, 10:17 AM
Hester would be a solid pick up. He never really got his chance running the ball because the Chargers had Tolbert as their short yardage back. Hester would be a great back-up to Michael Robinson and could get some snaps at RB in short yardage situations. Hester is also a good special teams player. This move makes a lot of sense. I have no interest in QB Kevin O'Connell, I like our QB's right now. If a guy like Cousins slips to you in the draft, go for him, but I like where we are at the QB position.

ManningToTyree
04-12-2012, 01:25 PM
He had some good games for us, but had much more mediocre ones. What position are you guys looking at him playing. He's probably best suited to play RG. I wouldn't expect a Probowler, but some guys have produced in new places. Good luck to you guys!

Not really sure what the plan is for him. Our line is a mystery at the moment. I think he was brought in to compete at RT and LG ( we already have a prowbowl RG)

I guess worse case he is a versitile reserve. Thanks for the input and good luck to you guys as well!

ManningToTyree
04-12-2012, 01:26 PM
Hey the Giants are my second team! Locklear is ok. He came out of college with pretty good upside, and never really hit his potential. He had injury problems during his NFL career though. Seemed to struggle a lot. He'd definitely be on the bottom half of the list (toward the middle though) if you were to list all the starting RT's.

thanks for the input. I'm guessing he will compete and end up as a reserve then.

House
04-12-2012, 03:25 PM
maybe sign a bigger back like hester, bell and/or hightower and draft more of a speed back like Wilson, James or Miller

Most teams don't carry 5 RBs...

FWBrodie
04-12-2012, 03:43 PM
Not really sure what the plan is for him. Our line is a mystery at the moment. I think he was brought in to compete at RT and LG ( we already have a prowbowl RG)

I guess worse case he is a versitile reserve. Thanks for the input and good luck to you guys as well!

He has flashes of greatness as a run blocker, but the next play he'll get worked in pass pro. Pretty inconsistent. Never quite put it all together.

Blazers#1Fan
04-12-2012, 08:26 PM
Most teams don't carry 5 RBs...

If we signed hightower or drafted james or polk we'd probably drop lumpkin

Blazers#1Fan
04-12-2012, 08:32 PM
Draft lamichael james dammit we'd be tomlinson,Turner,sproles 2.0 with Lynch,washington,james not as good but still pretty good

Tomlinson-lynch
Turner-Washingtin
Sproles-james

Seattle4Ever
04-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Tomlinson is nothing like Lynch.

Turner is nothing like Washington.

Flip that around. Still off.

House
04-12-2012, 09:04 PM
If we signed hightower or drafted james or polk we'd probably drop lumpkin

He was saying sign Hightower AND draft a RB...

Lynch, Washington, Robinson, Hightower and Rookie

House
04-12-2012, 09:07 PM
We re-signed LBs LeRoy Hill and Matt McCoy today... Filling veteran depth and McCoy is a ST Monster.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/2017969407_seahawksbringingbackleroyhillmattmccoy. html

furmat60
04-12-2012, 09:42 PM
We re-signed LBs LeRoy Hill and Matt McCoy today... Filling veteran depth and McCoy is a ST Monster.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/2017969407_seahawksbringingbackleroyhillmattmccoy. html

Damn it, sir! You always beat me to posting news! DAH!

ThUnDeR HaWk
04-13-2012, 12:10 AM
He was saying sign Hightower AND draft a RB...

Lynch, Washington, Robinson, Hightower and Rookie

there is no gurantee that Leon Washington is going to be on the roster, although im sure he will be unless the 'Hawks draft Chris Rainey

NateyB24
04-13-2012, 12:50 AM

Thanks fellas

He stink's it wasn't really obvious how bad he was until Hutch left and Walter Jones started aging.

Seattle4Ever
04-13-2012, 01:22 AM
He's underrated by our fans in pass pro. Actually pretty solid there.

ztilzer31
04-15-2012, 02:26 PM
He's underrated by our fans in pass pro. Actually pretty solid there.

I think in pass protection he's fine, but in run blocking he's pretty bad. I wouldn't mind him back right about now.... Chris Spencer was the bad one during those O-Line days IMO. The rest were average lineman (once Walter left.)

House
04-15-2012, 05:09 PM
I think in pass protection he's fine, but in run blocking he's pretty bad. I wouldn't mind him back right about now.... Chris Spencer was the bad one during those O-Line days IMO. The rest were average lineman (once Walter left.)

I didn't dislike Locklear. I was SOOOOOOO glad to see Spencer leave!!!

ztilzer31
04-17-2012, 03:13 PM
I didn't dislike Locklear. I was SOOOOOOO glad to see Spencer leave!!!

Yeah there was an article awhile back on why Locklear was the worst starting center in the NFL. I can't find it anymore though.

Seattle4Ever
04-17-2012, 06:03 PM
That's weird considering Locklear plays predominantly RT and some LT.

House
04-17-2012, 10:02 PM
Yeah there was an article awhile back on why Locklear was the worst starting center in the NFL. I can't find it anymore though.

You meant Spencer right?

ztilzer31
04-18-2012, 02:06 AM
You meant Spencer right?

Yeah my bad, Spencer.

seahawks509
04-18-2012, 02:51 PM
QB Kevin O'Connell, RB/FB Jacob Hester and DT Aubrayo Franklin all came in for a visit. Hester played w/ Flynn at LSU. He could be a cheap backup if we don't draft one...

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/4/11/2942581/seahawks-try-out-qb-kevin-oconnell-host-fb-rb-jacob-hester-dt-aubrayo

Hester is versitile. He can play both RB and FB and is a player that will compete and is ok with a backup role. Seen him play a bit and I like him.

seahawks509
04-18-2012, 02:55 PM
there is no gurantee that Leon Washington is going to be on the roster, although im sure he will be unless the 'Hawks draft Chris Rainey

Im sure he's almost guaranteed a spot

seahawks509
04-18-2012, 02:55 PM
Tomlinson is nothing like Lynch.

Turner is nothing like Washington.

Flip that around. Still off.

So true. LOl

House
04-18-2012, 08:46 PM
Hester is versitile. He can play both RB and FB and is a player that will compete and is ok with a backup role. Seen him play a bit and I like him.

He re-signed with SD....

NateyB24
04-19-2012, 12:56 PM
The Arkansas Razorbacks have a tough spot to fill: they need to land a head coach to replace Bobby Petrino. They're reportedly "likely" to make a move soon, and they're reportedly swinging for the fences and chasing after current Seahawks coach Pete Carroll.

That's according to 5 News Sports in Arkansas (who, incidentally, has a link to my colleague Chip Patterson's post on Philip Fulmer being tied to the Hogs), who also reports that Carroll turned down Arkansas' offer.

5 News also reports that NFL Network analyst Steve Mariucci contacted Arkansas about their opening.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/18660657/report-arkansas-contacted-pete-carroll-steve-mariucci-about-opening

Why in the world would Pete want to go to Arkansas when he has pretty much full control of a NFL team and is getting payed top dollar.

Plus it doesn't seem like a Pete thing to do.

ElFuturoDeESPN
04-19-2012, 01:25 PM
:laugh2: Wish in one hand, **** in the other, Arkansas.. see which one fills up faster.

mdlr52192
04-24-2012, 04:52 PM
I just wanted to come in and share a story cuz I think it's kinda funny:

When I go to the gym to workout, me and a bunch of guys there talk about football a lot, and we start talking about the 2012 season, naturally. They were talking about underrated teams that could make noise, and I bring up the Seahawks, and I tell them about how they're really tough to beat at home, have a great defense against the run, a young and improving secondary, a great run game, an actual QB (no offense to anyone who loves T-Jack), and if Rice and BMW stay healthy all season, they could compete for the NFC West and potentially get a WC spot, and everyone laughs at me....people are stupid :laugh2:

FWBrodie
04-24-2012, 06:41 PM
Yes, people are stupid, but Seattle never gets any respect anywhere but Seattle so it's nothing new.

seahawks509
04-24-2012, 08:41 PM
I had a dream that we won the SB. Most of the details are inappropriate for this form, but let's just say it was the greatest feeling ever. I thought it was real -_-

furmat60
04-24-2012, 09:13 PM
I had a dream that we won the SB. Most of the details are inappropriate for this forum

You mean the "wet" part? ;)

Also, it's true. Seattle sports never get any respect. I've come to terms with it. I still cheer loud and proud while wearing my Hawks gear, and I don't give a single ****.

ztilzer31
04-25-2012, 03:25 PM
Osi is supposedly looking for a trade again. I think we should get him. I kno I'm one of only few that agrees with that.

seahawks509
04-25-2012, 03:35 PM
Osi is supposedly looking for a trade again. I think we should get him. I kno I'm one of only few that agrees with that.

Depends on what they want. I think his stock went way down so we can get him for fairly cheap. If so I would be down.

FWBrodie
04-25-2012, 04:40 PM
You're not ever going to see the Seahawks give anything of value up for a 30 year old player.

kyuss275
04-25-2012, 05:36 PM
Depends on what they want. I think his stock went way down so we can get him for fairly cheap. If so I would be down.

Didn't they want a 1st round pick for Osi last year?

drew_ellis_23
04-25-2012, 07:59 PM
Osi for our 3rd rounder. I am in LOL

ztilzer31
04-25-2012, 09:03 PM
The team he goes to is going to be one that wants to sign him long term. That just doesn't sound like our style. Even though, I do want him on our team, I wouldn't want to overpay him. If he REALLY wants to play here, and is willing to be payed in the area of 8 million a year for 3 years I'd be down. He's still a risk because of injury, but he's guaranteed to give you some production, if he stays healthy. Osi is a game changer as long as he's not a bank breaker.

seahawks509
04-26-2012, 01:02 AM
I'd give trade a 3rd round pick for Osi. With that much talent? Hell yea. Nothing more.

NateyB24
04-26-2012, 11:54 AM
Sal Paolantonio just dissed us on the radio said we had no idea what we are doing and that were dead in the water also said that nobody cares....Same guy who said we would regret not trading for Kevin Kolb thats how credible he is :laugh:

ChosenReject
04-26-2012, 12:45 PM
I'm not sure I would even give up a third for Osi, maybe a fourth.

furmat60
04-26-2012, 12:59 PM
I wouldn't give up a 3rd round pick for him. He's 30. I'd go a 4th too, but nothing more.

ztilzer31
04-26-2012, 03:20 PM
I wouldn't mind trading down (especially if the 2 guys we're looking at get picked) for Osi. Something like our first rounder for the Giants first round/Osi/Giants 4th round pick. I'm not great at making trades, but I think that would work well for the Seahawks. Also it's been rumored that the Giants are really trying to move up for Decastro.

Seattle4Ever
04-27-2012, 12:00 AM
A 3rd for Osi? Take a step back from your keyboard and think about that.

furmat60
04-27-2012, 12:07 AM

I wouldn't give up a 3rd. No way in hell.

Seattle4Ever
04-27-2012, 12:19 AM
I wouldn't even trade for him at all anymore.

House
04-27-2012, 12:35 AM
I wouldn't even trade for him at all anymore.

Maybe for the 6th pick we snagged from PHI... lol

Asante Samuel went for a 7th rd pick to ATL

Seattle4Ever
04-27-2012, 12:39 AM
Eh, still...

House
04-27-2012, 12:50 AM
Eh, still...

I was actually being sarcastic. I'd rather not trade for him at all

NateyB24
04-30-2012, 03:41 AM
I would give up a really low round pick for Osi like a 5th 6th or 7th nothing higher then that.

Clemons,Osi,Irvin :drool:

NateyB24
04-30-2012, 01:09 PM
http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2012/04/russell_wilson_over_kirk_cousi.html

^Michigan State players bashing the Russell Wilson pick and taking shots at Pete Caroll/Schneider.

seahawks509
04-30-2012, 03:41 PM

He's still a top DE. You can't take that away from him. I would say Philly trading Asante for a 7th killed any hopes of the Giants getting anywhere close to a 4th.

Seattle4Ever
04-30-2012, 06:03 PM
Where does he fit on our team? He's just going to take snaps away from Irvin, if anything.

ztilzer31
04-30-2012, 07:20 PM
Where does he fit on our team? He's just going to take snaps away from Irvin, if anything.

Osi can pass rush from any position on the d-line. Highly doubtful that Irvin can. Irvin is a pure edge rusher. Look at the Giants, they ran 4 defensive ends all game against the Pats. I don't think there's a better way to beat a high octane offense like that.

The Giants have Tuck, JPP, and Osi. I don't see the Seahawks having Osi, Clemons, and Irvin as a negative. It's still a risk. Osi plays reckless, and will get injured, but you can never have enough pass rush. If we have the same production on defense, and add another 20 sacks we turn from a top 10 defense to a top 3 defense instantly.

FWBrodie
04-30-2012, 09:01 PM
Once again, you won't see the Seahawks chasing 30+ year olds.

Seattle4Ever
04-30-2012, 11:48 PM
Our D-Line is pretttttty set for the time being. Branch was arguably playing at Pro Bowl level last season, as was Mebane, Irvin can get after the QB, Clemons can do the same, and Bryant shuts down the run and affects our whole line. Then you have Jason Jones who can backup Red and get after the QB, but from the inside (which we have lacked).

Blazers#1Fan
05-01-2012, 01:25 AM
i'd take Osi for a 5th or 6th he can play where branch is

Clemons,Osi,Bryant(?),Irvin

FWBrodie
05-01-2012, 02:00 AM
Jones already has the passing downs at 3 tech.

Thebudler
05-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Osi doesn't intrigue me at all. He is an old rusher with injury problems. He should sign any contract he can with the Giants at this point in his career. I agree with Brodie, it isn't the Seahawk way to invest much into a guy in his 30's. I love our D-line! No need to fix something that isn't broken.

ztilzer31
05-01-2012, 02:45 PM
I think that the amount of money he will want is too much and signing him to a new contract would be expensive. I don't think we'll get him, and I wouldn't want to for too much, but I'm just saying he'd make us instantly better. There's no denying that. He gets a sack a game, and goes for the ball better then any defensive layer I've ever seen, but if he wants a huge contract, and he ain't gonna get it from Seattle.

seahawks509
05-01-2012, 03:28 PM

Probably not

NateyB24
05-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Dennis Green just said we had a bad draft he has one of the most annoying voices i ever heard.

Don't really care what he says though he was a terrible coach with the Cards.

FWBrodie
05-01-2012, 10:15 PM
Dennis Green, LOL.

House
05-02-2012, 12:16 AM
"They are who we thought they were..."

*******!!! lol

Seattle4Ever
05-02-2012, 01:15 AM
Probably not

.... are you kidding me?

Irvin is already going to get limited snaps as it is. He'll be playing a Raheem Brock role. Now you want to add a 30 year old Osi to the mix?

I mean, he'll be able to move inside too, but really all that does is take time away from our young players. We shouldn't even be discussing this because it won't happen. Name the last old player PC/JS have signed from a different team that played a big role that wasn't a mentor (Gallery).

ztilzer31
05-02-2012, 01:17 PM
.... are you kidding me?

Irvin is already going to get limited snaps as it is. He'll be playing a Raheem Brock role. Now you want to add a 30 year old Osi to the mix?

I mean, he'll be able to move inside too, but really all that does is take time away from our young players. We shouldn't even be discussing this because it won't happen. Name the last old player PC/JS have signed from a different team that played a big role that wasn't a mentor (Gallery).

I already said it wouldn't happen ever but I still think it would be awesome. Why do you think we drafted so many D-lineman this year? The Giants formula for beating the Patriots works, and other team are bound to try it. If he wants a lot of money we won't be able to do it though. The most integral part in beating elite passing teams is pressure up the middle (not off the edge) which the Giants have been able to do by putting Osi and Tuck in the middle (sometimes Rocky bernard... miss him) and having them cross (can't remember what type of play that's called) creating pressure up the middle. Yeah it makes things crowded, but look at the Giants DE. They're crowded in the best of ways at DE.

seahawks509
05-02-2012, 03:58 PM
.... are you kidding me?

He's an upgrade over Clemons and they are gonna find ways to put Irvin in. He would get his snaps. He's not gonna take any snaps away from Irvin. If anything he would take them away from Clemons, and if we get him cheap then it would be all worth it.

FWBrodie
05-02-2012, 04:21 PM
Good thing Jason Jones is one of the best penetrating 3 techs in the NFL.

Seattle4Ever
05-02-2012, 10:23 PM
He's an upgrade over Clemons and they are gonna find ways to put Irvin in. He would get his snaps. He's not gonna take any snaps away from Irvin. If anything he would take them away from Clemons, and if we get him cheap then it would be all worth it.

Yes he will.

There's no way in hell you're going to keep Clemons, and Osi happy. And also there is no way in hell you're going to get Osi for cheap, either. He wants to get paid.

On our roster we have four people of age 30 and over, and that's with our 90+ players on the roster.

ztilzer31
05-02-2012, 10:32 PM
Good thing Jason Jones is one of the best penetrating 3 techs in the NFL.

I agree. Tape on Jason Jones shows he's great, but he's not an every down player. He gets gassed a lot. I think the position he'll be in (sharing time with Mebane) will be perfect. If all works out our line will be good with or without Osi.

Seattle4Ever
05-02-2012, 10:38 PM
I wouldn't say anyone at the majority positions is "sharing" time with other players. We'll do a lot of subpackages and plugging players in on certain downs and situations.

A positive thing for our defense: Because we lost a lot of our former players (such as Milloy) and others to injury (Lewis) we couldn't run some of our key defenses so we ran our base defense more. This season you'll see us go back to subpackages more often.

FWBrodie
05-02-2012, 11:22 PM
Bryant
Mebane
Jones
Branch
Clemons
Irvin

All those guys are going to get a ton of snaps in rotation. It's a beautiful thing having 6 starter quality players being utilized in their optimal situations and keeping each other fresh. They'll all be feeding off of and complimenting each other. So pumped for this season.

Seattle4Ever
05-02-2012, 11:26 PM
When we have three downed linemen I'm excited to see Clemons/Red/Irvin and Clemons/Jones/Irvin. Something along the lines of that. We should wreak havoc upon QBs.

House
05-02-2012, 11:36 PM
We are going to jack QBs up!!!

NateyB24
05-03-2012, 04:42 PM
I think Pete drafted Irvin with the mindset that he will replace Clemons after this upcoming season go look at there height they are about the same if Irvin puts on 10 pounds they will be the same size as well.

NateyB24
05-03-2012, 05:23 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/beyond-shutdown-50-olb-bruce-irvin-seattle-seahawks-165019148.html

Here is a good read on Irvin by Doug Farrar i would post it but it's kind long.

House
05-03-2012, 09:51 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/beyond-shutdown-50-olb-bruce-irvin-seattle-seahawks-165019148.html

Here is a good read on Irvin by Doug Farrar i would post it but it's kind long.

Good read. I'm excited to see what the kid's going to do for us!

Thebudler
05-04-2012, 10:15 AM
I already said it wouldn't happen ever but I still think it would be awesome. Why do you think we drafted so many D-lineman this year? The Giants formula for beating the Patriots works, and other team are bound to try it. If he wants a lot of money we won't be able to do it though. The most integral part in beating elite passing teams is pressure up the middle (not off the edge) which the Giants have been able to do by putting Osi and Tuck in the middle (sometimes Rocky bernard... miss him) and having them cross (can't remember what type of play that's called) creating pressure up the middle. Yeah it makes things crowded, but look at the Giants DE. They're crowded in the best of ways at DE.

I disagree. The Giants use the pass rushers on the edge to make the QB's step up and Chris Canty and Rocky get interior pressure. Tuck has been used inside, but the attribute that helps the Giants the most is speed off the end. Osi is washed up and I wouldn't want him at all.

seasun62
05-04-2012, 01:41 PM
While Osi's value doesn't match his financial desires I don't think it's fair to say he's washed up. I don't want him either, I'd rather have Clemons for one more year then transitiion over to BRUUUUUCE as the every down leo (unless we get surprised and Irvin is used as the SLB on 1st and 2nd downs...leo on 3rd).

NateyB24
05-04-2012, 06:03 PM
Listening to Brock and Salk on the Radio they were at practice and Brock said T-Jack threw 2-3 balls into the ground while Flynn made every throw and this was just throwing against air not a good day for T-Jack.

Rookies don't show up till Thursday so Wilson hasn't thrown yet.

ztilzer31
05-04-2012, 07:29 PM
http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Press-Conference-Matt-Flynn/ace0e4d8-c928-48f7-a934-f623bbd0ff19

Video of Matt Flynn talking to Seattle reporters. He comes off as real likable guy right away.

furmat60
05-05-2012, 06:22 AM
Bruce Irvin is going to be taking Tatupu's old jersey number, #51. Bobby Wagner will be wearing #54. Turbin will be taking #22.

http://www.seahawks.com/team/roster.html

ccg34
05-05-2012, 08:46 AM
Freakin pumped about Seahawk football. I just got back from
the Philippines. My computer charger died so I had limited access to the internet the past few weeks.

I didn't get to see the draft, but I loved what we did. I would have liked Coples instead over Irvin but I trust PC and JS in their talent evaluations. I like the Wilson pick also. He has great potential and seems like he has a bright future. The Turbin pick was my favorite pick the whole draft. The dude looks more beastly than Beast Mode. Him and Lynch will be a punishing backfield. By the way, our uniforms are sick. I can't wait to see us whoop on some teams with our sweet uniforms.

NateyB24
05-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Bruce Irvin is going to be taking Tatupu's old jersey number, #51. Bobby Wagner will be wearing #54. Turbin will be taking #22.

http://www.seahawks.com/team/roster.html

Turbin took Julius Jones old number lets hope he has a better career.

ztilzer31
05-05-2012, 03:52 PM
I disagree. The Giants use the pass rushers on the edge to make the QB's step up and Chris Canty and Rocky get interior pressure. Tuck has been used inside, but the attribute that helps the Giants the most is speed off the end. Osi is washed up and I wouldn't want him at all.

I don't see how you could call Osi washed up... Injury prone yes, but whenever Osi is in he's productive.

Blazers#1Fan
05-05-2012, 06:29 PM
Turbin took Julius Jones old number lets hope he has a better career.

or we can compare him to other players on other teams like Emmitt Smith they kinda look alike
julius jones sucked for us i like to forget those years

Blazers#1Fan
05-05-2012, 06:31 PM
who's jersey should i buy that will be with the team for awhile? is ET the only guarantee to be here for awhile?

furmat60
05-06-2012, 12:39 AM
who's jersey should i buy that will be with the team for awhile? is ET the only guarantee to be here for awhile?

You can get a personalized jersey right now. Why don't you just put the name and number of any player that you want instead of ordering that player? It will be the exact same thing.

I am getting a Lynch jersey for sure and I'm not sure about the other one. I want a Turbin jersey now! Maybe I'll get Irvin or Chancellor.

Seattle4Ever
05-06-2012, 12:25 PM
I saw someone on Twitter tell Leon Washington they were getting his jersey. Why would you do that? Lol. He'll be gone after this season, maybe the next.

NateyB24
05-06-2012, 12:31 PM
or we can compare him to other players on other teams like Emmitt Smith they kinda look alike
julius jones sucked for us i like to forget those years

I was making a lame joke lol i think he is going to be great when he gets his touches.

Seattle4Ever
05-06-2012, 12:50 PM
You can get a personalized jersey right now. Why don't you just put the name and number of any player that you want instead of ordering that player? It will be the exact same thing.

I am getting a Lynch jersey for sure and I'm not sure about the other one. I want a Turbin jersey now! Maybe I'll get Irvin or Chancellor.

Personalized jerseys are more expensive.

NateyB24
05-06-2012, 01:29 PM
I am going to get a 12th man one although i may wait for the authentic one's because by the time you put in $100 dollars for the replica you may as well throw in another $100.

drew_ellis_23
05-06-2012, 08:33 PM
I ordered a blue Flynn jersey, should be getting it next week sometime, and I want a grey Earl Thomas but I can't find the grey ones online yet. Just blue and white.

Thebudler
05-07-2012, 10:05 AM
I picked up a Kam Chancellor jersey. When I ordered it, it said it would be 3-4 weeks until I got it, but then I got it the next business day. They fit way different. I am not a fan of the collar, it kind of comes up a little like a small turtle neck. I am just being nit picky, but it was something I noticed. I still want a gray jersey, I am thinking a Marshawn gray jersey would be sick!

furmat60
05-07-2012, 01:03 PM
I picked up a Kam Chancellor jersey. When I ordered it, it said it would be 3-4 weeks until I got it, but then I got it the next business day. They fit way different. I am not a fan of the collar, it kind of comes up a little like a small turtle neck. I am just being nit picky, but it was something I noticed. I still want a gray jersey, I am thinking a Marshawn gray jersey would be sick!

Can you show me a picture? I would really like to see it in person to see how they fit!

Thebudler
05-07-2012, 04:15 PM
There is a picture on this link. You can see the collar standing up a little. It shows the 12 symbols on each side of the neck. They also have a "12" where the tag is.

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,seattle_seahawks

furmat60
05-08-2012, 09:25 PM
There is a picture on this link. You can see the collar standing up a little. It shows the 12 symbols on each side of the neck. They also have a "12" where the tag is.

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,seattle_seahawks

Sweet, thanks!

shen
05-13-2012, 01:07 PM
http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/05/13/2143237/hawks-toughness-born-of-pain.html?storylink=rss

Really getting excited.

ztilzer31
05-13-2012, 01:36 PM
“Where we want to go is being a physical football team that throws the ball on you to score points but runs the ball to beat you,”

Good article. Love this quote from Cable.

Seattle4Ever
05-13-2012, 01:44 PM
Yeah I thought that was a good quote too.

furmat60
05-13-2012, 02:13 PM
I was very surprised at hour our depth on the offensive line did last season. Hopefully we can keep it up!

ThUnDeR HaWk
05-13-2012, 10:30 PM
did the Hawks sign anyone from their Minicamp? I heard Carroll talk about the DB and Barronn, but anyone else? I would like to see TE Shawn Nelson and TE Cooper Helfet signed, to bring more competition to that spot

Seattle4Ever
05-13-2012, 10:39 PM
I heard Helfet is really standing out, and that Barron is quote obviously the most talented try out at OT.

NateyB24
05-16-2012, 05:07 PM
Flynn was interviewed on 710 today and he said Lynch calls him Antonio :laugh:

Seattle4Ever
05-16-2012, 06:08 PM
Is that a reference to something or does he just completely not know his name? :laugh2:

NateyB24
05-17-2012, 01:54 AM
Is that a reference to something or does he just completely not know his name? :laugh2:

Don't know Flynn asked him why he called him that and Lynch said that he thought he looked like an Antonio.

Seattle4Ever
05-17-2012, 02:22 AM
Hahaha, whatever works for him.

jej
05-17-2012, 09:54 AM
He can call him Sally for all I care as long as we win.

drew_ellis_23
05-17-2012, 01:52 PM

What day did you order yours? I ordered mine April 26th and still haven't got it. They haven't even shipped it yet. Pissing me off.

Blazers#1Fan
05-19-2012, 09:08 PM
Don't know Flynn asked him why he called him that and Lynch said that he thought he looked like an Antonio.

he looks more like a johnny

NateyB24
05-21-2012, 04:51 PM
He can call him Sally for all I care as long as we win.

Lol i would of loved to hear what he said to Paul Allen when he signed his contract.

kyuss275
05-21-2012, 11:05 PM
Tampa signed TE Clark today. It's been noted that they are trying to trade Kellen Winslow. Wonder if the hawks go after him if it is for a late pick?

Was surprised that the hawks did not draft a TE this year. Can't think that Carroll would be happy with Morrah and McCoy.

ccg34
05-21-2012, 11:17 PM
Sign him up. He is a solid TE.

ElFuturoDeESPN
05-21-2012, 11:37 PM
The Seahawks scratched their itch for another tight end today when they traded for Kellen Winslow, who averaged 73 receptions the past three seasons for the Buccaneers.
In exchange for Winslow, the Seahawks traded an undisclosed conditional pick in the 2013 NFL Draft.
The Seahawks have been looking for a tight end to complement Zach Miller since John Carlson signed with the Vikings in free agency. Miller was signed in free agency last summer.
The 6-foot-4, 240-pound Winslow was a first-round draft by Cleveland in 2004 and caught 219 passes in four seasons with the Browns, including a career-high 89 in 2006. He also had his career-best in receiving yards (1,106) with the Browns in 2007, when he was voted to the Pro Bowl.
For his career, he has 437 receptions for 4,836 yards and 23 touchdowns. Winslow caught 75 passes last season.
Winslow, who will turn 29 in July, is the son of Hall of Fame tight end Kellen Winslow.

Request received, and answered.

furmat60
05-21-2012, 11:44 PM
I would have rather had Shiancoe, but Winslow is good too!

Baller1
05-21-2012, 11:47 PM
Kellen Winslow is a really, really good player. Can't believe we got him so easily.

shen
05-22-2012, 12:05 AM
Winslow is a fantastic TE. I hoped we would get him when heard Bucs decided to move him, just did not think would actually happen. We should have an easily top 10 offense this year. Dude is a warrior and is yet another big target for whoever our QB ends up being.