PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Offseason Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

ztilzer31
03-13-2012, 09:25 PM
I think the right side is still the biggest necessity for the o-line. Jason Campbell signed with the Bears to back up Cutler. If the Seahawks are checking out Henne, I think that means they're out on Flynn. Tarvaris/Henne/Portis. Hopefully we don't get rid of Portis... Red resigns though. Thank god. If we resign M-Rob, and sign Mario that's probably just about all of our money.

It's starting to look like great defense, and questionable QB again. That kind of sucks :(.

furmat60
03-13-2012, 10:24 PM
I really wish people would learn the difference between resign and re-sign. Holy hell lol.

Also, I think Henne is underrated, and he can win games. He's been given the shaft. I think he would actually be an upgrade over TJack.

ThUnDeR HaWk
03-14-2012, 12:27 AM
agreed about henne

ztilzer31
03-14-2012, 04:22 AM
I really wish people would learn the difference between resign and re-sign. Holy hell lol.

Also, I think Henne is underrated, and he can win games. He's been given the shaft. I think he would actually be an upgrade over TJack.

I rarely use hyphens where applicable. It only can really get confusing when talking about coaches...

Blazers#1Fan
03-14-2012, 06:03 AM
so my thinking about matt flynn

dolphins - just traded brandon marshall the main reason to go there besides money

Browns - have no weapons on offense besides peyton hillis and i dont think he(Hillis) will return. only reason to go Money!

Seahawks - we have the money the Oline,RB,WR's,TE and a great coaching staff literally no reason not to sign here besides not giving up money

but honestly we will give him the best chance to be a top QB in the NFL if he's smart he comes here! we got everything he needs to excel!

seahawks509
03-14-2012, 03:24 PM
Not even sure if the Seahawks are interested in Flynn

NateyB24
03-14-2012, 04:41 PM

dolphins - just traded brandon marshall the main reason to go there besides money

Browns - have no weapons on offense besides peyton hillis and i dont think he(Hillis) will return. only reason to go Money!

Seahawks - we have the money the Oline,RB,WR's,TE and a great coaching staff literally no reason not to sign here besides not giving up money

but honestly we will give him the best chance to be a top QB in the NFL if he's smart he comes here! we got everything he needs to excel!

Except Schneider is smart with his money he isn't going to break the bank for Flynn if the Dolphins fail at getting Manning they will drive his price up and he will be a Dolphin imo.

NateyB24
03-14-2012, 05:59 PM
#Titans DL Jason Jones will leave St. Louis and head to Seattle, per a league source.

https://twitter.com/#!/TitanInsider247/statuses/180048917562535936

If we miss out on Mario Williams to Buffalo i wouldn't mind this guy he is a great interior pass rusher.

FWBrodie
03-14-2012, 06:48 PM

I think you're looking at it from the completely wrong angle. Matt Flynn needs to sell the Seahawks, not the other way around.

Caribou Lou
03-14-2012, 09:01 PM
Pretty sure Matt Flynn's just going to go to the highest bidder. The end.

Seattle4Ever
03-14-2012, 09:17 PM
Gallery to be released.

Seattle4Ever
03-14-2012, 09:18 PM
Also Hutch is expected to be signed (per Adam Wright, among others).

Gallery's agent Rick Smith said he will be released, BTW.

Seattle4Ever
03-14-2012, 09:23 PM
Softy has reported Gallery is officially released.

Seattle4Ever
03-14-2012, 09:23 PM
We have re-signed Paul McQuistan.

kyuss275
03-14-2012, 09:27 PM

Wow. So does this mean Hutch is in? Anybody know how Hutch at his age is? Not sure about this move.

After looking this up, i didn't know that Gallery was going to get $6.5 million for the year after bonus. That's a bit much for him.

Caribou Lou
03-14-2012, 09:31 PM

Wow no ****? Opening up another $4mil or so in cap.

Seattle4Ever
03-14-2012, 09:35 PM
Opens up $5 M.

Softy reports Jason Jones will be visit the VMAC sometime late tomorrow or Friday.

seahawks509
03-14-2012, 09:43 PM
I like Jones

Caribou Lou
03-14-2012, 09:49 PM
My bad, first thing I read about it said about $4. Don't we still owe him $666,667 though?

FWBrodie
03-14-2012, 09:50 PM
Pete Carroll has specifically mentioned upgrading the interior pass rush this offseason. Jones would suffice.

Not gonna miss gallery.

Seattle4Ever
03-14-2012, 09:54 PM
Yeah, I like Branch, but I've heard Jones is a good pass rusher. Him and Mebane would be dirty. After that, I think drafting a DE would solidify the line.

ChosenReject
03-14-2012, 10:00 PM
Meh, Gallery can go. It's too bad he didn't work out, but he wasn't performing. Good to see McQuistan back though.

Seattle4Ever
03-14-2012, 10:10 PM
mark schlereth ‏ @markschlereth
Seahawks signed Robert Gallery to a 3 yr 15 mill contract July 2011 & released him today...NFL contracts should be written on toilet paper

Schlereth is such a ****ing biased ******.

ChosenReject
03-14-2012, 10:13 PM
mark schlereth ‏ @markschlereth
Seahawks signed Robert Gallery to a 3 yr 15 mill contract July 2011 & released him today...NFL contracts should be written on toilet paper

Schlereth is such a ****ing biased ******.

I hate that guy, I barely watch ESPN because he is always on talking trash towards someone.

Caribou Lou
03-14-2012, 10:13 PM
Yeah...not a fan of player analysts and their biases regarding contract issues. If Gallery didn't think he was getting enough "guaranteed money" than maybe he shouldn't have signed the ****ing contract.

Seattle4Ever
03-14-2012, 10:17 PM
I used to respect him but he just blatantly shows his hate for the 'Hawks and doesn't give a damn.

On another note, Marcus McNeill is a free agent. I think because of injuries he may retire (rumors). But if not, he would be an amazing signing for us if he can play RT. Has anyone heard about this? Last season we were going crazy over signing him or V-Jack.

ChosenReject
03-14-2012, 10:19 PM
I used to respect him but he just blatantly shows his hate for the 'Hawks and doesn't give a damn.

On another note, Marcus McNeill is a free agent. I think because of injuries he may retire (rumors). But if not, he would be an amazing signing for us if he can play RT. Has anyone heard about this? Last season we were going crazy over signing him or V-Jack.

Wow, how did I miss that one. I had no idea McNeill was available. If he is healthy, I would love to have him.

drew_ellis_23
03-14-2012, 10:21 PM
Where are you guys getting all this? I have found nothing regarding us getting Hutch.

ChosenReject
03-14-2012, 10:23 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/60944/steve-hutchinsons-surprise-seahawks-visit

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2012/03/14/steve-hutchinson-meets-with-seahawks-again-%E2%80%93-can-fans-forgive-him/

Seattle4Ever
03-14-2012, 10:30 PM
Mostly everything I post is from Twitter, yo.

drew_ellis_23
03-14-2012, 10:34 PM
Mostly everything I post is from Twitter, yo.

Ah **** Twitter, I don't have anything on gallery being released or Hutch being in the fold. I did read on my Hawks feed on Facebook that Flynn will be meeting with us this week. Hope we get him signed.

FWBrodie
03-14-2012, 10:36 PM
It's everywhere Drew.

drew_ellis_23
03-14-2012, 10:40 PM
Ah NFL.com has it. Nothing on Hutch signing, just that he was here. Good stuff.

Seattle4Ever
03-14-2012, 10:45 PM
Yeah. But he'll be signed, or we'll draft DeCastro.

drew_ellis_23
03-14-2012, 10:45 PM
Well Henne signed so I guess he won't be visiting. Anyone else rumored to be coming here? Mario must have no interest, appears he is still in Buffalo.

Baller1
03-14-2012, 10:48 PM
Get a Twitter Drew... I use it specifically for sports. In that regard, it's awesome. Otherwise I hate it.

ChosenReject
03-14-2012, 10:51 PM
Get a Twitter Drew... I use it specifically for sports. In that regard, it's awesome. Otherwise I hate it.

Same here, Twitter is worthless for people that aren't famous.

Seattle4Ever
03-14-2012, 10:54 PM
Same here, Twitter is worthless for people that aren't famous.

6 months ago I would have agreed, but it has grown in popularity vastly.

Still hate girls who use it. Gee.

seahawks509
03-14-2012, 11:04 PM
Yeah, I like Branch, but I've heard Jones is a good pass rusher. Him and Mebane would be dirty. After that, I think drafting a DE would solidify the line.

Branch will get a lot of playing time. Not sure if I would want Branch to be starter. Very solid rotational player. It would be crazy if we got Jones and Mario. We would have our interior rushers, and a stud on the outside.

Blazers#1Fan
03-14-2012, 11:05 PM
Well Henne signed so I guess he won't be visiting. Anyone else rumored to be coming here? Mario must have no interest, appears he is still in Buffalo.

Danny Kelly
The Chad Henne to Seattle rumors are over, because he signed in not Seattle (Jacksonville). Matt Flynn is due here tomorrow for a visit, Steve Hutchinson was here today, and apparently Jason Jones is either here or going to be here soon. TE Visanthe Shiancoe will visit Seattle, and apparently John Clayton was on the phone with Curtis Lofton's agent when good ole' Johnny Boy Schneider called.

released Gallery Re-signed Paul McQuistan

About Jason Jones

Interesting comparison betwn FA DL Jones + Coples. Both play DE + DT. Jones quicker laterally better pass rusher, Coples stronger at point.

Coples will be 1st rd pick, Jones was not. There were times Jones looked outstanding as pass rusher. Never gained consistency. Why he's FA.

On the surface of things, you'd like him to have more than four sacks (we don't recognize half sacks,) but as we always say, there's more to life than sacking the QB. There weren't many better than Jones at putting pressure on the quarterback. The former First Team All-MAC performer was getting pressure on 9.17% of all defensive plays (eighth among defensive tackles,) proving more than a handful for interior linemen who couldn't deal with his explosiveness.

To some degree, this would be expected. Carrying less weight than most defensive tackles, he should be flying past the comparably sluggish guards and centers of the NFL. Conversely, you'd also expect him to be driven out of running lanes on a regular basis because he is so keen on getting up the field, but that didn't happen.

Aggressive enough to penetrate, but disciplined enough not to sacrifice his run responsibilities, Jones ended the year with a positive grade in run defense. From being one of the worst run defenders we'd ever seen in his rookie year, Jones was ranked in our top twenty just two seasons later. That he did it without his pass rushing missing a beat (he earned our highest grade for a DT in pass rushing), is a testament to his development."

seahawks509
03-14-2012, 11:06 PM
DeCastro would be nice. But he's gonna go in the 1st. 12 is way to high, and won't be around in the 2nd.

NateyB24
03-14-2012, 11:08 PM
I hate that guy, I barely watch ESPN because he is always on talking trash towards someone.

Him and Rice are the 2 i can't really listen to.

seahawks509
03-14-2012, 11:09 PM
My freshman year my wrestling partner was a Senior, and he had storys about DeCastro in High School. He said the guy was just a monster. My wrestling partner was a mammoth. About 6'2, 320. He had to cut weight to wrestle. He said that the best guy on the team, our C, dominated people. He was always reliable to hold his own. But DeCastro would through him down like a ragdall. He also said that the guy was book smart, like SUPER smart but wasn't sure if he was all there. Lol

ChosenReject
03-14-2012, 11:31 PM
Danny Kelly
The Chad Henne to Seattle rumors are over, because he signed in not Seattle (Jacksonville). Matt Flynn is due here tomorrow for a visit, Steve Hutchinson was here today, and apparently Jason Jones is either here or going to be here soon. TE Visanthe Shiancoe will visit Seattle, and apparently John Clayton was on the phone with Curtis Lofton's agent when good ole' Johnny Boy Schneider called.

released Gallery Re-signed Paul McQuistan

About Jason Jones

Interesting comparison betwn FA DL Jones + Coples. Both play DE + DT. Jones quicker laterally better pass rusher, Coples stronger at point.

Coples will be 1st rd pick, Jones was not. There were times Jones looked outstanding as pass rusher. Never gained consistency. Why he's FA.

On the surface of things, you'd like him to have more than four sacks (we don't recognize half sacks,) but as we always say, there's more to life than sacking the QB. There weren't many better than Jones at putting pressure on the quarterback. The former First Team All-MAC performer was getting pressure on 9.17% of all defensive plays (eighth among defensive tackles,) proving more than a handful for interior linemen who couldn't deal with his explosiveness.

To some degree, this would be expected. Carrying less weight than most defensive tackles, he should be flying past the comparably sluggish guards and centers of the NFL. Conversely, you'd also expect him to be driven out of running lanes on a regular basis because he is so keen on getting up the field, but that didn't happen.

Aggressive enough to penetrate, but disciplined enough not to sacrifice his run responsibilities, Jones ended the year with a positive grade in run defense. From being one of the worst run defenders we'd ever seen in his rookie year, Jones was ranked in our top twenty just two seasons later. That he did it without his pass rushing missing a beat (he earned our highest grade for a DT in pass rushing), is a testament to his development."

If we can bring all of them in, then I think we will have a fantastic team this year. I'll be much more excited then last year, and I was thrilled then.

FWBrodie
03-14-2012, 11:48 PM

Agreed. Except that some athletes are ****ing stupid and annoying.

I still don't understand the ins and outs of Twitter and I've had it for over a year.

Seattle4Ever
03-14-2012, 11:55 PM
I get it now :) it didn't take too long. Retweeting was the hardest for me to understand.

furmat60
03-15-2012, 01:22 AM
What the **** is Twitter?

Baller1
03-15-2012, 01:31 AM
Agreed. Except that some athletes are ****ing stupid and annoying.

I still don't understand the ins and outs of Twitter and I've had it for over a year.

Yup, there's a few I've had to unfollow because they ****ing live on it. But for the most part, I enjoy following people like David Aldridge, Adam Schefter, Chris Mortenson, etc for the updates. It's great.

Skip Bayless is fun to follow because of all the ******** he spews out.

House
03-15-2012, 01:31 AM
DeCastro would be nice. But he's gonna go in the 1st. 12 is way to high, and won't be around in the 2nd.

If we addressed our other needs, if he's there and we need him, it isn't out of the question...

Baller1
03-15-2012, 01:33 AM
https://twitter.com/

Sign up Furmat. Not to be a dick, but I have no ****ing clue how you don't know what Twitter is... Unless you're amish. It runs the internet/sports world/social networking these days.

House
03-15-2012, 01:36 AM
What the **** is Twitter?

Really? I opened a Twitter account when we were in Iraq. I followed Pete Carroll during that Draft (2010).

I haven't used it since though...

ThUnDeR HaWk
03-15-2012, 01:37 AM
McNeil would be a great signing to play RT. Good move releasing Gallery aswell, maybe this signals the possible signing of a free agent oline. anyway thats +5 million to spend, now its around 28 million.

i would be estatic if the seahawks got DE williams, MLB lofton, OLB woodyard, DE/DT jones, RT mcneil QB flynn with that, but more realistically not williams at this point.

Seattle4Ever
03-15-2012, 01:46 AM
Yeah can't tell if Furmat is kidding or not, lol.

House
03-15-2012, 01:46 AM
McNeil would be a great signing to play RT. Good move releasing Gallery aswell, maybe this signals the possible signing of a free agent oline. anyway thats +5 million to spend, now its around 28 million.

i would be estatic if the seahawks got DE williams, MLB lofton, OLB woodyard, DE/DT jones, RT mcneil QB flynn with that, but more realistically not williams at this point.

Guys we have a good chance of signing.

ThUnDeR HaWk
03-15-2012, 01:50 AM
why not a guy like Woodyard? hed come relatively cheap and is a good OLB. there seems to be no market for LB's which plays into Seattles favor. I still see Seattle as a possible destination for Williams, albeit an unlikely one

House
03-15-2012, 02:03 AM
why not a guy like Woodyard? hed come relatively cheap and is a good OLB. there seems to be no market for LB's which plays into Seattles favor. I still see Seattle as a possible destination for Williams, albeit an unlikely one

I've been looking for us to check up on him, but from what I've heard, he wants to stay in DEN.

FWBrodie
03-15-2012, 03:05 AM
I don't have any issue with Giacomini starting at RT. I don't think tackle is a need at all.

furmat60
03-15-2012, 03:12 AM
I was joking haha. I know WHAT Twitter is, but that's the extent of that.

ztilzer31
03-15-2012, 03:23 AM
I don't have any issue with Giacomini starting at RT. I don't think tackle is a need at all.

We still could use depth at the position though. James Carpenter was really bad last year from that side. He was straight up not quick enough, and Russel Okung has had problems with injury. I think we just changed a need to guard on this team for sure though. Looks like Gallery is officially a bust.

seahawks509
03-15-2012, 03:55 AM
We still could use depth at the position though. James Carpenter was really bad last year from that side. He was straight up not quick enough, and Russel Okung has had problems with injury. I think we just changed a need to guard on this team for sure though. Looks like Gallery is officially a bust.

But your bringing in a guy like that, he's gonna want to start. He's also gonna want to get paid

seahawks509
03-15-2012, 03:55 AM
I say get Jones, Lofton, maybe Mario. Call it a day for defense in FA

seahawks509
03-15-2012, 04:14 AM
Hey so who do you guys think is a better prospect? Claiborne or Patrick Patterson. You could also put Eric Berry in there. The guy was hyped up so much. He's good though.

neovenator250
03-15-2012, 04:51 AM
Hey so who do you guys think is a better prospect? Claiborne or Patrick Patterson.

Well, as an LSU student, I've been lucky enough to see both in person. Claibourne isn't the physical specimen that Peterson is, but he's more technically sound and his body control is better as well (comes from being a converted WR). Both are quality return men, but Peterson has the edge there (even though Claibourne is an underrated one) Tough to choose one over the other...

NateyB24
03-15-2012, 11:35 AM
Kind of surprised Laron Landry is still out there i thought he was a pretty good player for the Redskins and he is only 27 we really don't need a Safey though.

ChosenReject
03-15-2012, 11:47 AM
Kind of surprised Laron Landry is still out there i thought he was a pretty good player for the Redskins and he is only 27 we really don't need a Safey though.

Me too, but I feel like our safeties are some of the best around, so we really have no need. I just hope we can re-sign Chancellor in a year or two and keep it together.

Seattle4Ever
03-15-2012, 11:47 AM
I say get Jones, Lofton, maybe Mario. Call it a day for defense in FA

We should just get Williams, Manning, Vincent Jackson, and Landry and call it a day.

:punish:

ChosenReject
03-15-2012, 11:52 AM
We should just get Williams, Manning, Vincent Jackson, and Landry and call it a day.

:punish:
Seems doable. Sense we have unlimited cap room and all...
:D

NateyB24
03-15-2012, 01:50 PM
Rams still hopeful on DL Jason Jones, but he leaves St. Louis without a contract. Next stop: Seattle.

https://twitter.com/#!/jthom1/status/180325431801679872

Sign him then get Nick Perry and our D-Line is going to be really good.

FWBrodie
03-15-2012, 02:57 PM
HAHA. Someone mentioned this on Twitter, but what a horrible day to be hosting a free agent in Seattle.

I'm not a Nick Perry fan BTW Nate. I'd take him in round two I guess, but I think he's really missing football instincts despite some nice athleticism.

seahawks509
03-15-2012, 04:53 PM

Supposably Landry has gotten a lot bigger, like Body Builder big.

NateyB24
03-15-2012, 05:16 PM
Supposably Landry has gotten a lot bigger, like Body Builder big.

I think your getting him confused with his brother who is accused by some people to be taking steroids i believe it to the guy is huge its just doesn't look natural.

seahawks509
03-15-2012, 11:27 PM
I think your getting him confused with his brother who is accused by some people to be taking steroids i believe it to the guy is huge its just doesn't look natural.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/photos-laron-landry-big-incredible-hulk-big-225404479.html

seahawks509
03-15-2012, 11:31 PM
The Seahawks are awfully quiet. Do you think they have big plans for the draft?

Seattle4Ever
03-15-2012, 11:40 PM
History indicates big spenders in FA are not successful. You don't see the Patriots or Green Bay going crazy.

ChosenReject
03-15-2012, 11:42 PM
Just look at the Eagles and their "Dream Team". Didn't work out too well.

Seattle4Ever
03-16-2012, 12:00 AM
Eh, I think they'll be really good if they draft well. DeSean Jackson is healthy, and if Lofton joins them that'll help the weakest part of their D.

seahawks509
03-16-2012, 12:15 AM
But even last year we kinda did a lot. Not a whole bunch, but more than now. I have a feeling something special is gonna happen.

ChosenReject
03-16-2012, 12:19 AM
I have a feeling we will sign Flynn, Shiancoe, and Jones. I wouldn't mind seeing Hill back either.

It's not as rushed as last year either so there really is no need for free agents to rush around.

kyuss275
03-16-2012, 12:37 AM
I have a feeling we will sign Flynn, Shiancoe, and Jones. I wouldn't mind seeing Hill back either.

It's not as rushed as last year either so there really is no need for free agents to rush around.

I think the hawks will sign Jones and maybe Shiancoe.

The only way Flynn signs with the Hawks is if Miami gets Manning. Dolphins will give him starter money.

edit: not to mention that if he comes to Seattle he has to fight with T-jack for starting job. In Miami i think he becomes the favourite to start. He knows the system.

furmat60
03-16-2012, 01:26 AM
Him staying another day in Seattle is a good sign.

NateyB24
03-16-2012, 01:38 AM
Wouldn't surprised me if he still went to Miami though players do this all the time get a free meal then end up with another team kinda like Meachem did to Buffalo.

raidersrockets
03-16-2012, 01:43 AM
nice jerseys

ThUnDeR HaWk
03-16-2012, 01:51 AM
Matt Moore played well last season, he wont give up his job without a fight

DT Jones or DE/DT Langford, ILB Lofton, OLB Woodyard (age 25) (or OLB Henderson) ,QB Flynn , TE Shiancoe are the guys id like to see the seahawks sign, maybe another T and another DE (wimbley if he is released like expected)

what about a guy like Tracy Porter at CB? I know hes not really big (5'11) but hes a playmaker. he hasnt garnered much interest on the market and I think the 'Hawks should at least bring him in for a visit to guage his interest and value. still young at age 25, and one of the best corners on the market

Pete still hasnt added that "playmaker" on offense, I wonder who hes looking at in the draft

raidersrockets
03-16-2012, 01:58 AM
no porters coming to oakland

seahawks509
03-16-2012, 02:26 AM
I think him being behind Aaron Rodgers and watching Rodgers win a SB. I think he wants that. I wouldn't surprised if he comes here off less money than going to Miami.

seahawks509
03-16-2012, 02:27 AM

True

furmat60
03-16-2012, 04:44 AM
Michael Robinson just re-signed!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/17826968

Blazers#1Fan
03-16-2012, 06:59 AM
Only teams intrested are green lol

Baller1
03-16-2012, 11:36 AM
I'm sure that's his top priority, finding manly colors to wear.

ChosenReject
03-16-2012, 11:40 AM
I'm sure that's his top priority, finding manly colors to wear.

He has to find a team with a good color scheme. He wouldn't want to be seen in rags that don't match would he? Orange, and light blue? Puuuuleasssse....

NateyB24
03-16-2012, 01:06 PM
Looks like Flynn is going to sign with Miami didn't really want him anyways.

seahawks509
03-16-2012, 03:32 PM
He could sign before leaving Seattle. Has he left to Miami yet?

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/03/16/dolphins-seahawks-vying-for-flynn

NateyB24
03-16-2012, 03:48 PM
Wimbley was just released by the Raiders he could be our new Chris Clemons.

neovenator250
03-16-2012, 05:47 PM
He could sign before leaving Seattle. Has he left to Miami yet?

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/03/16/dolphins-seahawks-vying-for-flynn

Flynn is going to visit Miami before deciding to sign with either the Seahawks or the Dolphins, apparently. The Fins are apparently lowballing him contract-wise and banking on him wanted to play in Philbin's offense again.

FWBrodie
03-16-2012, 06:09 PM
I think he wants to play for the biggest joke in the NFL... the Raiders.

Seattle4Ever
03-16-2012, 07:16 PM
Saw on Twitter that the Dolphins are lowballing Flynn.

Seattle4Ever
03-16-2012, 07:16 PM
Oh, someone already posted that. My bad, yo.

neovenator250
03-16-2012, 08:34 PM
Oh, someone already posted that. My bad, yo.

All good. Interesting though. I wonder if he'll feel insulted and sign with Seattle.

furmat60
03-16-2012, 09:19 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/41462/chargers-bring-back-charlie-whitehurst

Good riddance!

ztilzer31
03-16-2012, 09:42 PM
I think he wants to play for the biggest joke in the NFL... the Raiders.

What does that make the Browns?

Seattle4Ever
03-16-2012, 09:53 PM
Browns aren't bad.

ztilzer31
03-16-2012, 10:09 PM
I think they'll be one of the worst teams in the NFL this year. Funny how 5 years ago, the biggest joke would of been Arizona without a doubt, and this year they had a legitimate chance to sign Manning.

NateyB24
03-17-2012, 01:51 PM
I think its kind of sad to pick on the Brown's anyways there fan's never stick up for themselves they just take it.

Anyways we signed Jones i love it now lets give Wimbley a call him and Clemons teamed up at the Leo would be sweet.

DL Jason Jones agrees to terms with Seattle on a one-year deal. Nice pick up for the Seahawks. #freeagency

https://twitter.com/#!/JasonLaCanfora/status/181072063530942465

NateyB24
03-17-2012, 02:04 PM
The reason Jason Jones signed with Seattle instead of Jeff Fisher and the Rams is he has a better chance to resurrecting his career in Sea

https://twitter.com/#!/ClaytonESPN/status/181077302472486912

:laugh:

ChosenReject
03-17-2012, 02:22 PM
Finally! We signed someone!

furmat60
03-17-2012, 02:35 PM
Good signing! Productive pass rusher on the cheap. Now let's get Flynn!

Seattle4Ever
03-17-2012, 02:38 PM
Amazing.

ThUnDeR HaWk
03-17-2012, 02:53 PM
im really surprised at how slow the LB market has been. If the seahawks could get Lofton at MLB and either Woodyard or Henderson at OLB, their D would be set BEFORE the draft (which means they can go BPA route and shouldnt feel pressure to draft for need instead of ability) through in Wimbley at LEO and Porter at CB if the price is right, and you have one hell of a defense

Has anybody seen anything about the market for RB Mike Tolbert. Hed be a great backup power runner to lynch if the price was right

Seattle4Ever
03-17-2012, 02:58 PM
Tolbert is not going to settle for being a backup.

ThUnDeR HaWk
03-17-2012, 03:06 PM
whos going to give him starters money tho

if the seahawks can get lofton and either henderson or woodyard, and get wimbley and maybe porter, id be fine with them drafting Richardson if he is available at 12. Or trade back and draft Miller in round 2, either would be great

House
03-17-2012, 03:08 PM
whos going to give him starters money tho

if the seahawks can get lofton and either henderson or woodyard, and get wimbley and maybe porter, id be fine with them drafting Richardson if he is available at 12. Or trade back and draft Miller in round 2, either would be great

Porter who?

Caribou Lou
03-17-2012, 03:12 PM
Im assuming he's talking about Joey Porter...

House
03-17-2012, 03:14 PM
Im assuming he's talking about Joey Porter...

**** no! I know ThunderHawk mentioned Tracy Porter (CB, New Orleans) the other day. I don't want him either.

Caribou Lou
03-17-2012, 03:17 PM
lol...yeah joey's definitely on the decline and I don't really see a need for Tracy.

House
03-17-2012, 03:27 PM
lol...yeah joey's definitely on the decline and I don't really see a need for Tracy.

He could a stiff arm dummy for Marshawn like he was in this clip... "Get off me... He says to Tracy Porter"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCI-bAPtBRo

ChosenReject
03-17-2012, 04:13 PM
:laugh:

Joey Porter....

FWBrodie
03-17-2012, 06:24 PM
Jason Jones is a HUGE addition. He's a rough assignment for interior offensive lineman and can battle RT's on the edge too. Brock and Hargrove's roles were both filled with one signing. The fact that he's so young too, I mean he could blow up.

House
03-17-2012, 06:38 PM
I watched video of him playing DE and looked like he just got stuffed over and over. He looked very disruptive coming up the middle though. With our HYBRID defense, he can play multiple positions and that excites me. If he does well, we need to make sure we sign in BEFORE the season ends!

seahawks509
03-17-2012, 06:44 PM
He could a stiff arm dummy for Marshawn like he was in this clip... "Get off me... He says to Tracy Porter"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCI-bAPtBRo

Just jizzed a bit

seahawks509
03-17-2012, 06:45 PM
What was the deal for?

House
03-17-2012, 06:47 PM
What was the deal for?

Everything I have seen says "no details have been released", other than 1 year deal. My guess is $800K-$2.5M. I know its a BIG window, but I couldn't see us paying more than that

Seattle4Ever
03-17-2012, 06:51 PM
His one year deal might be a Carlos Rogers-esque strategy to try to get big money next year. I'm excited about him. He can backup Red and he can sub in on passing downs at DT.

Seattle4Ever
03-17-2012, 07:07 PM
Seahawks are giving DT Jason Jones $4.5M fully guaranteed with another $500k in performance incentives this year.

Not bad.

House
03-17-2012, 07:45 PM
His one year deal might be a Carlos Rogers-esque strategy to try to get big money next year. I'm excited about him. He can backup Red and he can sub in on passing downs at DT.

Not bad.

Everything I saw posted mentioned "Carlos Rogers". $4.5M interesting number.

furmat60
03-18-2012, 02:04 AM
Long article, but definitely worth the read.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/3/16/2877821/matt-flynn

ThUnDeR HaWk
03-18-2012, 03:00 AM
i think Corey Graham would be a good signing at CB

another CB the seahawks should take a look at is former Bears CB Zach Bowman. He didnt play much last year, but has good size (6'1) good hands (had 6 picks 2 years ago) and is pretty young (just turned 27). Should be able to get him for cheap if CB depth is an issue.

House
03-18-2012, 03:21 AM
i think Corey Graham would be a good signing at CB

another CB the seahawks should take a look at is former Bears CB Zach Bowman. He didnt play much last year, but has good size (6'1) good hands (had 6 picks 2 years ago) and is pretty young (just turned 27). Should be able to get him for cheap if CB depth is an issue.

Bowman has good size, but his coverage skills are horrible. I am surprised he has never moved to safety. He isn't very fluid and has been burnt from the line SEVERAL times.

drew_ellis_23
03-18-2012, 10:14 AM
Alex Smith is in Miami. Hope we can sign Flynn while he is there LOL. Niners signed Mario Manningham too. They have made a couple nice moves. They get Manning then we are in deep ****.

NateyB24
03-18-2012, 10:35 AM
Sounds like Alex Smith is visiting the Dolphins we could get Flynn at a reasonable price which is what i wanted all along.

Burleson81
03-18-2012, 11:33 AM
Alex Smith is in Miami. Hope we can sign Flynn while he is there LOL. Niners signed Mario Manningham too. They have made a couple nice moves. They get Manning then we are in deep ****.

It's going to be another good game between us and the Niners. NFC West is no longer the worst division.

kyuss275
03-18-2012, 11:34 AM
Sounds like Alex Smith is visiting the Dolphins we could get Flynn at a reasonable price which is what i wanted all along.

Even more twists to the Manning and Flynn situations. If Alex does sign with the Dolphins and Manning does not go to 49er's, what do they do? I would have to think they would at least think of Flynn.

House
03-18-2012, 12:01 PM
Even more twists to the Manning and Flynn situations. If Alex does sign with the Dolphins and Manning does not go to 49er's, what do they do? I would have to think they would at least think of Flynn.

MY OPINION: Peyton more than likely ends up in TEN. SF would sign Hasselbeck for a year to let Kaepernick further develop.

Burleson81
03-18-2012, 12:06 PM
MY OPINION: Manning signs with Niners. Flynn and Smith sign with Dolphins. We draft Cousins.

Just joking.

NateyB24
03-18-2012, 12:11 PM

If i was Flynn i would go to Seattle even if i had to take a little less money i think Seattle has the 49er's beat or atleast even in every offensive weapon category besides TE pains me to say this but Vernon Davis is a beast.

kyuss275
03-18-2012, 12:11 PM
MY OPINION: Peyton more than likely ends up in TEN. SF would sign Hasselbeck for a year to let Kaepernick further develop.

I think Broncos are the team that gets Manning. 49er's are not going to want Tebow.

ChosenReject
03-18-2012, 12:27 PM
I don't really think the 49ers are going to sign a QB if they don't get Manning. I read that they see Kaepernick as the future, and I'm pretty sure they might give him the chance to start.

Anyways, I actually kind of want Alex Smith, I'm not sure why. But it's good that his name has entered the mix because it gives us the opportunity to sign somebody.

House
03-18-2012, 12:28 PM
MY OPINION: Manning signs with Niners. Flynn and Smith sign with Dolphins. We draft Cousins.

Just joking.

I have no problem with that. That scenario was actually mentioned in an article this morning. (Flynn and Smith in MIA)

drew_ellis_23
03-18-2012, 01:02 PM
I hope we get Flynn and the Niners get nobody. I think Hasselbeck will be a Brown. And I am liking the Titans to land Manning.

NateyB24
03-18-2012, 01:23 PM
Miami offered Garrard a deal when Chad Henne was lost for '11 season; couldn't agree on terms and then Garrard needed surgery #freeagency

https://twitter.com/#!/JasonLaCanfora/status/181425103962255362

Caribou Lou
03-18-2012, 01:48 PM

Totally agree on Manning. He went to school @ Tennessee. His wife is from Memphis. The team nearly made it to the playoffs even though Chris Johnson decided to have the worst year of his career. Why wouldn't he go there?

And I tend to agree that Hasselbeck will then end up in SF or possibly (like someone said above) Cleveland.

shen
03-18-2012, 03:42 PM
Manning - Titans
Hasselbeck - Browns
Smith - Dolphins
Flynn - Seahawks

Think that's how it shakes out.

Cheflhale
03-18-2012, 03:51 PM
Alex Smith to Seattle? http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/61236/seattle-now-its-on-for-49ers-alex-smith

furmat60
03-18-2012, 06:12 PM
Nope! We got Flynn!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7706316/2012-nfl-free-agency-seattle-seahawks-matt-flynn-reach-26m-deal-source-says

shen
03-18-2012, 06:18 PM
So far my Flynn prediction is right, now how about the rest.

furmat60
03-18-2012, 06:29 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/Dbfresh15/status/181504738049794048

ChosenReject
03-18-2012, 06:29 PM
So far my Flynn prediction is right, now how about the rest.

It looks like you'll be right about Smith too. He met with Miami for 5 hours today.

ThUnDeR HaWk
03-18-2012, 08:13 PM
GREAT signing in Matt Flynn. not much guranteed money, and him choosing seattle over miami shows hes ready to win.

Seahawks had about 30 million to spend before signing Flynn and Jones, so they should have about 18 million still to spend. Set aside 3 million for the draft picks and UDFA's and there is still 13 million to spend, if the seahawks choose to do so.

Heres some players out on the market still who could garner some interest from seattle and be possible signings:
MLB Curtis Lofton 4years 20 million (there hasnt been much of a market for LBs at all this season, so he should come relatively cheap for someone of his skill set)
OLB Wesley Woodyard 3 years 9 million (good young fast OLB, fits the mold of what Pete Carroll is looking for at OLB)
CB Corey Graham 2 years 3 million (good special teams corner who has size)
resign DT Anthony Hargrove 1 year 1.5 million (good depth DT who played well last year)
RB Mike Tolbert (maybe, if price is right) 1 year 4 million (hasnt drawn much attention as a free agent, would be the perfect bruiser back complement to Lynch. seahawks still need a speed back, but that can be addresed in the draft)
DE Kameron Wimbley (maybe if price is right) 1 year 3 million (very good pass rushing DE/OLB who would provide depth at DE spot)
DT Amobi Okoye(if price is right) 2 years 4 million (provide more depth at DT, solid pass rusher)
G Chris Kemoatu1 year 1 million (provide depth at OG)
T Marcus McNeil1 year 2 million (provide depth at T, low risk high reward signing)

DRAFT 2012:
#12 and future 4th trade to CIN for #21, #84, #116, #148 , #158 and #211
#21: DE Courtney Upshaw ALABAMA (pass rushing LEO DE seattle needs)
#43: RB Lamar Miller MIAMI (extremly fast RB with good size.reminds alot of scouts of Lesean McCoy. absolute steal at this point)
#76: DE Chandler Jones SYRACUSE (more pass rushing help for Seattle, Jones is extremly underrated)
#84: OLB Lavonte David NEBRASKA (underrated OLB that will help shore up seattles LB corps)
#106 QB Brock Orsweiler ARIZONA ST (seattle loves this QB and he might not be here at this point, but his stock has been slipping a little. even with the signing of Flynn drafting a QB is still a good choice)
#116 TE Ladarius Green LOUISIANA LAFAYETTE (freakishly athletic TE who could is another good target for Flynn)
#148 SS George Iloka BOISE STATE (another huge safety to provide seattle with depth)
#158 WR Dwight Jones UNC (should be drafted way higher based on his skill, but Jones's stock has been slipping since the combine where he ran a slow 40 (4.55) but has good size (6'4) and good hands)
#170 CB Brandon Hardin OREGON STATE (this guy is extremly talented but has been flying under the radar because he sat out most of 2011 season with an injury. has fantastic size (6'3) and good ball skills for a DB)
#208 OLB Darius Fleming ND (good fast OLB who under produced in college)
#209 (from OAK) WR Chris Owusu STANFORD (has injury concerns that plagued him at Stanford, but is extremly fast and was productive when healthy)
#211 MLB Kevin Reddick UNC (solid ILB who has eligibility problems at UNC)

furmat60
03-18-2012, 08:16 PM
If we got Tolbert and or Wimbley, I'd be giddy as hell.

ChosenReject
03-18-2012, 08:39 PM
I still think we should go after Lofton. I know we weren't the front runners for him, but nothing is really progressing for him, so we might as well make him an offer.

ChosenReject
03-18-2012, 08:40 PM
Or bring back Hawthorne of course.

seahawks509
03-18-2012, 09:26 PM
Ok so now that we got Flynn, that make Smith a no go for us right? And what does that mean about drafting Cousins.

furmat60
03-18-2012, 09:41 PM
Ok so now that we got Flynn, that make Smith a no go for us right? And what does that mean about drafting Cousins.

Smith will probably sign with Miami if he leaves San Francisco. I wouldn't rule drafting cousins out, but I think it's unlikely. We'll probably trade down in the draft and get more picks. We can find talent at LB and DE in the rounds 1-3 and we need more picks.

ThUnDeR HaWk
03-18-2012, 10:48 PM
i think if seattle had not gotten flynn cousins would be the pick in round 2. Now i am almost certain seattle will move back in draft and try to aquire as many picks as possible as seen in my mock draft above. Orsweiller or maybe Wilson will probably be the pick at QB now

NateyB24
03-18-2012, 11:16 PM
This is fantastic news first Schneider signs Flynn to a sweet deal and now Alex Smith may sign with the Dolphins. :dance:

furmat60
03-18-2012, 11:28 PM
If Smith signs with the Dolphins and they don't get Manning, that would be awesome.

NateyB24
03-18-2012, 11:29 PM
If Smith signs with the Dolphins and they don't get Manning, that would be awesome.

Titans or Broncos i hope.

ztilzer31
03-18-2012, 11:59 PM
GREAT signing in Matt Flynn. not much guranteed money, and him choosing seattle over miami shows hes ready to win.

Seahawks had about 30 million to spend before signing Flynn and Jones, so they should have about 18 million still to spend. Set aside 3 million for the draft picks and UDFA's and there is still 13 million to spend, if the seahawks choose to do so.

Heres some players out on the market still who could garner some interest from seattle and be possible signings:
MLB Curtis Lofton 4years 20 million (there hasnt been much of a market for LBs at all this season, so he should come relatively cheap for someone of his skill set)
OLB Wesley Woodyard 3 years 9 million (good young fast OLB, fits the mold of what Pete Carroll is looking for at OLB)
resign DT Anthony Hargrove 1 year 1.5 million (good depth DT who played well last year)
RB Mike Tolbert (maybe, if price is right) 1 year 4 million (hasnt drawn much attention as a free agent, would be the perfect bruiser back complement to Lynch. seahawks still need a speed back, but that can be addresed in the draft)
DE Kameron Wimbley (maybe if price is right) 1 year 3 million (very good pass rushing DE/OLB who would provide depth at DE spot)
DT Amobi Okoye(if price is right) 2 years 4 million (provide more depth at DT, solid pass rusher)

DRAFT 2012:
#43: RB Lamar Miller MIAMI (extremly fast RB with good size.reminds alot of scouts of Lesean McCoy. absolute steal at this point)
#76: DE Chandler Jones SYRACUSE (more pass rushing help for Seattle, Jones is extremly underrated)
#84: OLB Lavonte David NEBRASKA (underrated OLB that will help shore up seattles LB corps)
#106 QB Brock Orsweiler ARIZONA ST (seattle loves this QB and he might not be here at this point, but his stock has been slipping a little. even with the signing of Flynn drafting a QB is still a good choice)
#116 TE Ladarius Green LOUISIANA LAFAYETTE (freakishly athletic TE who could is another good target for Flynn)
#148 SS George Iloka BOISE STATE (another huge safety to provide seattle with depth)
#158 WR Dwight Jones UNC (should be drafted way higher based on his skill, but Jones's stock has been slipping since the combine where he ran a slow 40 (4.55) but has good size (6'4) and good hands)
#170 CB Brandon Hardin OREGON STATE (this guy is extremly talented but has been flying under the radar because he sat out most of 2011 season with an injury. has fantastic size (6'3) and good ball skills for a DB)
#209 (from OAK) WR Chris Owusu STANFORD (has injury concerns that plagued him at Stanford, but is extremly fast and was productive when healthy)

Not bad, but I'd like a veteran guard better then any of the free agents you have out there. Mike Tolbert is a waste to me. I'd rather get a RB for less than a million a year in the draft then pay Tolbert 4 million.

Lastly after this video I'm not sure I'm sold on Upshaw. I know it's just one game, but I really don't see him getting off the line very fast, and he get's beat quite a bit. He also doesn't seem like Leo at all. Of course LSU is running the ball quite a bit so he's playing a gap assignment for the most part (even plays some LB), but I'm not sure if he's the guy I thought he was. I just don't see the necessary football speed to be a pass rusher in the NFL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2NGJD_naF0&feature=related

Really good video though. Take what you can out of it, but I'm not that great at scouting DE's.

ccg34
03-19-2012, 12:26 AM

Matt Hasselbeck will go to SF. :facepalm:

Blazers#1Fan
03-19-2012, 12:34 AM

DRAFT 2012:

i dont think upshaw will fall to 21st
we shouldnt draft a RB in the 2nd (i think zach brown will be there in the 2nd) go after a defensive player in the 2nd that slips out of the 1st

1st Courtney Upshaw DE/LB
2nd Zach Brown OLB
3rd Chris Polk RB
4th Ladarius Green TE
5th Marshawn Lynch
6th CB,WR,OT,OG
7th CB,WR,OT,OG

ThUnDeR HaWk
03-19-2012, 01:19 AM
yea but i think Miller is going to be a very special talent in the NFL. Is there any good FA Guards available for Seattle as of now? and i would almost gurantee that seattle will trade back in the draft, they are so good making picks in rounds 4-7 count that the more picks they have there, the better. they just keep taking guys that other teams miss

The only way i could not see Seattle trading down was if they were so enamored with one player that they had to take him there, or if Claiborne/Blackmon somehow slips to them. I do think Upshaw will be available in the Earlys 20's and if seattle still doesnt have a MLB by the draft id go with Kendricks in rds 2-3.

ThUnDeR HaWk
03-19-2012, 01:24 AM
another RB that could interest seattle is Benjarvus Green Ellis or Ryan Grant. they should come a little cheaper than Tolbert.

also why is Carolina interested in Tolbert? if he signed there would that make Stewart expendable? would be a great pickup for seattle if traded or let go

FWBrodie
03-19-2012, 01:30 AM
I would kill somebody to get J Stew.

NateyB24
03-19-2012, 12:02 PM
Peyton Manning to Denver just heard it on 950AM yes!

Baller1
03-19-2012, 12:05 PM
Beat me to it Natey! Adam Schefter is tweeting about it like crazy as well. **** yes.

Now Alex Smith needs to go to Miami, and the 49ers can have Tebow.

kyuss275
03-19-2012, 12:05 PM
Peyton Manning to Denver just heard it on 950AM yes!

Let it be true. Please Smith sign with the Dolphins.

Baller1
03-19-2012, 12:06 PM
Also, Seattle is trying to bring in Michael Bush... But there's no meeting set up yet, probably because Bush can get more money and touches on another team. I'd absolutely love a 1-2 punch of Lynch and Bush, especially since Bush is a great pass protector and Lynch is not.

I don't feel like getting a link, so I'm saying **** off in advance. It's on twitter.

Cheflhale
03-19-2012, 12:22 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/181749547800866816

Cheflhale
03-19-2012, 12:23 PM
How much would the Niners have to give up to get Tebow? Hopefully a lot.

ChosenReject
03-19-2012, 12:30 PM
So no more Tebowing for awhile. I'm happy about that.

ChosenReject
03-19-2012, 12:35 PM
I gotta say that I admire John Elway a lot for not buying into all the Tebow hype.

NateyB24
03-19-2012, 12:57 PM
John Elway never bought into Tim Tebow this is the perfect time for him to replace him.

Baller1
03-19-2012, 01:11 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/19/seahawks-lineman-arrested-for-sexual-assault/related/

Jarriel King arrested for rape.

ChosenReject
03-19-2012, 01:13 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/19/seahawks-lineman-arrested-for-sexual-assault/related/

Jarriel King arrested for rape.

Well then.....

Baller1
03-19-2012, 01:17 PM
Jarriel King has been released... Surprise.

ChosenReject
03-19-2012, 01:22 PM
Jarriel King has been released... Surprise.
I say good riddance. I have no sympathy for him.

Baller1
03-19-2012, 01:32 PM
I say good riddance. I have no sympathy for him.

Nor do I. No need for a person like that on our squad.

Thebudler
03-19-2012, 02:08 PM
The Jason Jones signing doesn't make much sense to me. I am left scratching my head after this signing. We gave him a one year "Show me what you got" contract, but I just don't see his role on this team. He is an adequate DE with good moves and mediocre speed. He plays with good leverage, so a 3 technique makes sense, but we have Mebane for that. I love adding depth, but I feel we need a true pass rusher. Maybe someone like Kam Wimbely who could be a starting DE opposite of Big Red. Don't get me wrong, it is a low risk, high reward type deal, but the resources could have been better utilized in my opinion.

ztilzer31
03-19-2012, 03:24 PM
It's just a cheap guys low risk high reward move. We have to spend so much of our cap anyways this year, but we don't want to be giving the wrong guy a big deal.

That's why the Mario deal was stupid. If we signed him we'd be good for the next 2 years, but then when we started having to sign our young secondary we wouldn't be able to sign everyone.

I like it. Interior pass rush is the point for Jason Jones. If it doesn't pan out don't re-sign him.

seahawks509
03-19-2012, 04:38 PM
The Jason Jones signing doesn't make much sense to me. I am left scratching my head after this signing. We gave him a one year "Show me what you got" contract, but I just don't see his role on this team. He is an adequate DE with good moves and mediocre speed. He plays with good leverage, so a 3 technique makes sense, but we have Mebane for that. I love adding depth, but I feel we need a true pass rusher. Maybe someone like Kam Wimbely who could be a starting DE opposite of Big Red. Don't get me wrong, it is a low risk, high reward type deal, but the resources could have been better utilized in my opinion.

He's not gonna play DE. He's gonna be a 3rd down pass rusher. Branch will be the run stuffer, but isn't a great pass rusher. We brought Jones in to help Mebane, and to also disrupt upfront. It's good for Jones because I personally feel he isn't gonna be an every down kind of player. I fersonally feel it's a great fit and perfect for us

NateyB24
03-19-2012, 05:51 PM
I'm tired of ppl fearing players....i hope Manning goes to niners....he will have at least 2tough days a season...

https://twitter.com/#!/RSherman_25/status/181462157316202497

Kinda late but i love our secondary's attitude.

FWBrodie
03-19-2012, 07:24 PM

Jason Jones was rated the #1 pass rushing DT in the NFL in 2010 by Profootballfocus and like #20 run defender. The guy is hell for interior lineman to try to block. Pete Carroll's defense calls for penetration from the 3 tech spot and Jones is the best in the NFL according to at least one stat. He's a DT first with the versatility to swing outside. Also he's only 25. His best football may very well be in front of him.

FYI Mebane played from the 1 tech spot last season, occupying two gaps while Branch played 3 tech on most downs. Hargrove and McDonald played a lot of 3 tech too on passing downs. Jones will likely take all of their snaps and get some run on the outside too spelling Red.

Put it this way, on obvious passing downs, offenses are going to have somebody to fear coming up the middle now where they did not before. That makes everybody better.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/03/15/secret-superstar-jason-jones-tennessee-titans/

FWBrodie
03-19-2012, 07:28 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/RSherman_25/status/181462157316202497

Kinda late but i love our secondary's attitude.

When I went to training camp last year, Sherman would not stop running his mouth for one second. I believe I read that Pete Carroll values that kind of audacity at the CB position. Love the attitude.

furmat60
03-19-2012, 07:36 PM
When I went to training camp last year, Sherman would not stop running his mouth for one second. I believe I read that Pete Carroll values that kind of audacity at the CB position. Love the attitude.

I like it on defense. Any other position and it just get's annoying. Not only does he run his mouth, he backs up his trash talk too.

seahawks509
03-19-2012, 09:01 PM
I like it on defense. Any other position and it just get's annoying. Not only does he run his mouth, he backs up his trash talk too.

I would also say RB, especially with a back like Lynch. He's not that kind of guy, but a guy that plays like him.

House
03-19-2012, 09:55 PM
I had HIGH hopes for King... That being said, I hope that scumbag gets what he deserves. I can't stand being away from my family in some of the crappiest places on earth defending this country and then seeing people do **** like this. Makes me sick!!!

furmat60
03-19-2012, 10:08 PM
I had HIGH hopes for King... That being said, I hope that scumbag gets what he deserves. I can't stand being away from my family in some of the crappiest places on earth defending this country and then seeing people do **** like this. Makes me sick!!!

I'm right there with ya, sir.

Seattle4Ever
03-19-2012, 11:42 PM
Alex Smith would be a fool to not go back to the Whiners.

Hopefully he acts a fool :D

Boozerguy47
03-20-2012, 12:04 AM
^ Well said sir.

ztilzer31
03-20-2012, 03:42 PM
http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Keeping-their-own-and-adding-to-it/865991d2-a292-4b45-be0f-e256e3142f7c

Visanthe Shiancoe Jacobb Tamme and Michael Bush plan to visit. I hope we can get Shiancoe and I wouldn't mind Bush.

NateyB24
03-20-2012, 04:26 PM

He is one of those guys that Pete can tinker with i know his stats don't show much but the Titans forced him to play DE when he is more of a DT and he can get after the QB which Mebane wasn't really good at. It is a great move and a very under rated one if he can stay healthy.

furmat60
03-20-2012, 06:26 PM
Pete is going to make him into a MACHINE.

GGGGG-Men
03-21-2012, 01:49 PM
Adam Caplan‏@caplannfl

DE Dave Tollefson scheduled to visit the Seahawks on Thursday, according to a source. The Bucs and Packers also have interest.

Damn....really want him back to the Giants. Good luck if you can land him. Been a backup for a while, but can definitely be a starter. Great pass rusher.

NateyB24
03-21-2012, 02:53 PM
^Thanks for the info GGGGG. Ben Jarvis just signed with Cincinnati now we have a real shot at Michael Bush since there is no openings for a starting RB would be awesome to pair him with Lynch.

Source: BenJarvus Green-Ellis likely to be a Cincinnati Bengal quite soon. #nfl #patriots

https://twitter.com/#!/Mary_Paoletti/status/182530337090453505

ChosenReject
03-21-2012, 02:57 PM
I know this might be suggesting the ridiculous. But what about LaDainian Tomlinson? I know he is aging and his stats haven't been as good in the last couple of years. But he could be a good fill in for Lynch. He would also be a good target for Flynn out of the backfield.

ChosenReject
03-21-2012, 03:00 PM
Wow
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827c0dd9/article/nfl-suspends-williams-indefinitely-saints-payton-one-year-?module=HP11_hot_topics

The Saints might as well fire Payton at this point. At least they would have a head coach.

shen
03-21-2012, 03:45 PM
Wow
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827c0dd9/article/nfl-suspends-williams-indefinitely-saints-payton-one-year-?module=HP11_hot_topics

The Saints might as well fire Payton at this point. At least they would have a head coach.

Makes Rams better and opens up a playoff spot.

seahawks509
03-21-2012, 03:55 PM
I know this might be suggesting the ridiculous. But what about LaDainian Tomlinson? I know he is aging and his stats haven't been as good in the last couple of years. But he could be a good fill in for Lynch. He would also be a good target for Flynn out of the backfield.

I'd pass. Not sure how he would fit with us and we wanted to go younger. Plus I doubt he would want to come here.

FWBrodie
03-21-2012, 07:22 PM

He'd be a nice 3rd down back.

BUT, I think they want somebody that can fill in for Lynch for a game or two. LT isn't that guy anymore.

Seattle4Ever
03-21-2012, 07:31 PM
Michael Bush fits the profile of the guy we want perfectly.

Although I think we need a speed back to replace Leon sooner or later, he is 30 or 31 this year.

Ian.
03-21-2012, 08:25 PM
Omiyale?

I've heard he's awful. Like a detriment to the QB every snap.

FWBrodie
03-21-2012, 08:34 PM
They called him "gate 68" in Chicago because everybody came right through.

ChosenReject
03-21-2012, 08:35 PM
They called him "gate 68" in Chicago because everybody came right through.

Haha, that's awesome. :laugh2:

House
03-21-2012, 10:54 PM
Omiyale should be DEPTH and not much else. Then again, people have come to SEA and proved to play better. He played in 3 different positions last year and hopefully we limit him to 1 or 2.

ThUnDeR HaWk
03-22-2012, 12:49 AM
what do you guys think it would cost to aquire Johnathan Stewart from the Panthers? he would be the perfect compliment for Lynch, although i agree that the seahawks need a new "speed" RB sooner or later, Washington regressed this year

FWBrodie
03-22-2012, 01:09 AM
I'm thinking maybe a 4th rounder, maybe a 5th.

House
03-22-2012, 01:31 AM
Mike Gibson signed w/ PHI today. I actually thought he had a chance sticking w/ the team.
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2012/3/14/2872275/eagles-sign-ol-mike-gibson-from-seahawks

ThUnDeR HaWk
03-22-2012, 03:39 AM
what about a trade like

future 4th round pick 2013 to CAR for RB Johnathan Stewart and a 2012 6th.

Seattle would get the compliment for Lynch who is also a great reciever. Seattle could still choose to adress the speed RB spot in the draft (miller, wilson, hillman, james) and has the best stable of RB's in the league

just a thought, since green ellis signed with the Bengals, would the Pats be interested in trading up if Richardson was available at 12? The Pats have a TON of draft picks and seattle would surely benifit from the trade!

ztilzer31
03-22-2012, 04:21 AM
what about a trade like

future 4th round pick 2013 to CAR for RB Johnathan Stewart and a 2012 6th.

Seattle would get the compliment for Lynch who is also a great reciever. Seattle could still choose to adress the speed RB spot in the draft (miller, wilson, hillman, james) and has the best stable of RB's in the league

just a thought, since green ellis signed with the Bengals, would the Pats be interested in trading up if Richardson was available at 12? The Pats have a TON of draft picks and seattle would surely benifit from the trade!

I think that would be amazing on the Stewart trade idea. He's still extremely young. It's a pipe dream probably, but would definitely put our run game at elite level.

They probably would, but I don't think Richardson is going to be available. I think he'll get picked pretty early.

kyuss275
03-22-2012, 12:34 PM
Michael Bush signed with the bears. Got good money also for being a #2. I believe $7 million guaranteed. Bears are looking good.

ThUnDeR HaWk
03-22-2012, 01:54 PM
except for their aging D and the fact that Cutler gets sacked every other play. They already have Forte and Barber idk why they want Bush, when they should be using that money to upgrade their oline

Spartan8585
03-22-2012, 02:34 PM
I don't get the Michael Bush signing by Chicago..

FWBrodie
03-22-2012, 03:05 PM
Pretty bummed we didn't get Bush. I think they'll turn to the draft now.

But yeah, hey Chicago, might want to check out some O-lineman?

seahawks509
03-22-2012, 04:43 PM
Pretty bummed we didn't get Bush. I think they'll turn to the draft now.

But yeah, hey Chicago, might want to check out some O-lineman?

They are ignoring the most important piece.

NateyB24
03-22-2012, 04:45 PM
I think Bush will do fine in Chicago hopefully Forte doesn't hold out though Bush can't carry the load when McFadden went out in Oakland it looked like he could but his production slowed down after 5 games.

This probably means we will look at a Polk,James,Miller later in the draft like 3rd-4th Round Miller probably won't be there but Polk and James might.

NateyB24
03-22-2012, 05:28 PM
But there was a catch to Williams’ performance last season. He played on an ankle that was originally injured during training camp, bothered him through the first three months of the season – when he also was sidelined with by a concussion and a hamstring injury – and finally gave out on the December afternoon in Chicago.

That’s why you’ll find Williams at Virginia Mason Athletic Center every week day, continuing the rehabilitation process that followed the surgery to place a plate and four screws on the fracture in his left leg.

“I’m just going through the process of getting back,” Williams said. “This is a different process. Being injured is a lot different from the other road I took to get back. But it’s still the same approach to having a good offseason.”

“Everybody has a different perception on how they look at things,” he said. “I’m still not satisfied. I have three regular-season touchdowns (in two seasons with the Seahawks). So I look at it like I’ve haven’t done anything yet. I look at 2010 as that was a start.

“What I’m used to, I have yet to accomplish in this league. The expectations I have for myself have yet to be achieved in this league. Until I get a 1,000-yard, eight-plus touchdown season, I have not reached the bar – and that would be the bottom of the bar.”

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Williamss-long-road-to-recovery/bf7b1952-a814-441b-bd26-17b007fd72c1

Besides Jackson not really targeting him this could be why he wasn't really productive he was playing hurt from the beginning of the season.

FWBrodie
03-22-2012, 06:21 PM
Hugh Millen trashed his route running all year. Said he got lazy. Maybe this is why?

furmat60
03-22-2012, 06:59 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/22/coby-fleener-creates-buzz-at-stanford-pro-day/

I want this guy!

House
03-22-2012, 08:06 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/22/coby-fleener-creates-buzz-at-stanford-pro-day/

I want this guy!

If he by freak chance makes it out of the 1st, IND will take him @ #34. Luck to Fleener would continue for years to come

Ian.
03-22-2012, 08:18 PM
We pretty much have that guy in Zach Miller. We just need to throw him the ball

Seattle4Ever
03-22-2012, 08:35 PM
That explains Mike Williams' problem........ hopefully.

FWBrodie
03-22-2012, 09:05 PM
S4E, is your google broken?

Seattle4Ever
03-22-2012, 09:12 PM
I don't follow.

drew_ellis_23
03-22-2012, 09:36 PM
Fleener and Miller at TE would be sick. I would trade down and take him later in the first for sure.

NateyB24
03-23-2012, 12:37 AM
If Coples,Floyd or Ingram are there i take one of them at 12 if not then trade back.

I hear the name Kuechly but i don't think Caroll and Schneider value LB's as highly plus i don't like the negatives i read about him sounds alot like Curry.

Burleson81
03-23-2012, 06:25 AM
If Coples,Floyd or Ingram are there i take one of them at 12 if not then trade back.

I hear the name Kuechly but i don't think Caroll and Schneider value LB's as highly plus i don't like the negatives i read about him sounds alot like Curry.

Kuechly is not Curry. Unless they see something in Macolm Smith, I think we draft Kuechly if available.

drew_ellis_23
03-23-2012, 10:15 AM
Kuechly is not Curry. Unless they see something in Macolm Smith, I think we draft Kuechly if available.

I hope we get that kid. He would be a great addition to the defense. Reminds me of Urlacher. Great instincts and football IQ. Great tackling skills too. All are abilities Curry did not have.

DuckHawk
03-23-2012, 10:29 AM
Carroll was on SiriusXm and he was talking about how deep the draft is in LB's. I got from him that they will not draft a LB in round 1 because there is plenty to pick up later in the draft. He actually quoted that there are about 12 good ones to be had. He could have been just blowing hot air, but the hosts agreed with him that he was right.

ChosenReject
03-23-2012, 10:57 AM
Carroll was on SiriusXm and he was talking about how deep the draft is in LB's. I got from him that they will not draft a LB in round 1 because there is plenty to pick up later in the draft. He actually quoted that there are about 12 good ones to be had. He could have been just blowing hot air, but the hosts agreed with him that he was right.

I really get the feeling that we are going to trade down. Whether we should wait that long to draft a LB or not is a different question though.

seahawks509
03-23-2012, 10:59 AM

LOL. They were calling Curry the best LB prospect in the past 10 years or so. He was a sure shot cannot miss draft pick. Curry was an amazing college player, with freak body. He was an amazing athlete. I think we failed to appropriately use him, and that our coaches did a bad job developing him.

seahawks509
03-23-2012, 11:12 AM
If not a QB, or a LB then who? Claiborne and Richardson probably won't be there. We most likely wouldn't grab Blackmon if he was there (he won't). I wounder if we had drafted Orakpo, Matthews, or Brian Cushing instead of Curry if they would be doing as good as they are with us.

NateyB24
03-23-2012, 11:27 AM

Usually you can't trust what a GM or a Coach says but you can tell the way the LB's are going in FA that this is the truth.

Maybe it has been a pretty weak class for LB's but in the last 2 drafts only 3 have been taken in the 1st round only 1 last draft.

kyuss275
03-23-2012, 11:35 AM
If not a QB, or a LB then who? Claiborne and Richardson probably won't be there. We most likely wouldn't grab Blackmon if he was there (he won't). I wounder if we had drafted Orakpo, Matthews, or Brian Cushing instead of Curry if they would be doing as good as they are with us.

I think the Hawks have a DE in mind and if he is still there at 12 they will take him. My gut tells me there is a 80% chance they will trade down and pick up another 2nd round pick.

If we do have 3 picks in the first 2 rounds i could see DE, LB, and TE being drafted. I think they will wait on a guard, RB, WR until the later rounds, unless one player that is high on their draft board is available.

NateyB24
03-23-2012, 11:45 AM
Its going to be hard to get a top tier pass rushing DE if we trade back.

kyuss275
03-23-2012, 12:13 PM

I think Nick Perry and Whitney Mercilus will still be available if the hawks drop 8- 10 spots. They are not to shabby.

Also if the hawks wait until the 3rd-4th round they could get Jared Crick. He was a stud going into this season until he got hurt.

Would not be against drafting Coby Fleener if the Hawks do trade down. The coach really wants a 2 TE set. Fleener and Miller would be lethal.

FWBrodie
03-23-2012, 01:48 PM

Chandler Jones might be available later on in the first/early second.

zach09
03-23-2012, 04:55 PM
tyrell sutton a seahawk? all over twitter!:confused:

zach09
03-23-2012, 05:03 PM
not a big move or anything just seen it thought id post it. he might make the final cut maybe not.

House
03-23-2012, 05:18 PM
Chandler Jones might be available later on in the first/early second.

I'm really liking Jones. If he is 1/2 the athlete and 1/2 as dedicated as his brother Jon, we're getting a great guy!

House
03-23-2012, 05:19 PM
tyrell sutton a seahawk? all over twitter!:confused:

not a big move or anything just seen it thought id post it. he might make the final cut maybe not.

We signed him to a "future" contract back in January. I think he's a decent player. We also Vai Taua under contract as well.

House
03-23-2012, 05:24 PM
We signed Kregg Lumpkin today. He's got good size and could play ST as well. Nice pickup!!!
http://seattle.sbnation.com/seattle-seahawks/2012/3/23/2898203/seahawks-sign-free-agent-rb-kregg-lumpkin

FWBrodie
03-23-2012, 05:55 PM
Lumpkin, future cut.

Baller1
03-23-2012, 06:22 PM
Lumpkin, future cut.

Agreed. Talk about striking out on Michael Bush.

Seattle4Ever
03-23-2012, 06:45 PM
I like Lumpkin.

NateyB24
03-23-2012, 07:04 PM
Lumpkin will be cut after Pre-Season unless he tears it up.

zach09
03-23-2012, 07:17 PM
I like Lumpkin.

I do aswell he might suprise some of you. This was quoted in the link! " Lumpkin was originally a highly recruited tailback - 2nd only to Reggie Bush in 2003 rankings"

Baller1
03-23-2012, 07:29 PM
I do aswell he might suprise some of you. This was quoted in the link! " Lumpkin was originally a highly recruited tailback - 2nd only to Reggie Bush in 2003 rankings"

Fair enough, but lets not ignore the fact that you're referring to almost a decade ago. Things change a little bit in 9 years.

zach09
03-23-2012, 07:32 PM
^Agree but there is still so hope haha! at least we can wish.:D

03-23-2012, 08:22 PM
i kinda wanna see Brandon jacobs as a hawk, i think he'd be pretty cheap and something to prove

House
03-23-2012, 08:43 PM
i kinda wanna see Brandon jacobs as a hawk, i think he'd be pretty cheap and something to prove

The dude is an ***-clown. No need to even entertain the thought of letting that poison anywhere near our club.

ChosenReject
03-23-2012, 10:08 PM

No way, the guy is a slug on the football field and off of it. He's a product of the system that won two Super Bowls. Now that he's off the Giants, his career is over.