PDA

View Full Version : Delonte West Banned from Mavericks’ White House Visit + Goes off on Twitter

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-08-2012, 12:06 PM
When the Dallas Mavericks make their highly-anticipated trip to the White House Monday, Delonte West will not accompany them. West is, in his words, “banned” from making the visit because of his criminal past.

“I’m banned from going to the White House, so I’m not going to make it,’’ West said after Saturday’s game. “But I’m going home to D.C., I’m just not allowed to go to the White House.

“That’s what happens when you make bad decisions in your life. You can’t go to the White House,” he told the Ft. Worth Star-Telegram.

West pleaded guilty to a weapons and traffic charge last July. He was pulled over on his motorcycle in 2009 and police found three weapons in a guitar case he was carrying. The arrest led to a 10-game suspension from the NBA, and West has since sought help and been treated for mental issues.

First he can’t play abroad because of his weapons charge, and now he can’t visit the White House. Between this and his car breaking down, thing just aren’t going well for Delonte West.

The ban is just as well anyway; Delonte played for the Celtics last season and wasn’t part of the Mavericks’ championship team.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/delonte_west_banned_from_mavericks_white_house_vis it/9204538

Delonte West is my favorite athlete to follow on Twitter for a number of reasons. He’s funny, silly, open, and honest. But sometimes he is too open and honest, and it can get him in trouble.

That’s what happened when he vented late Saturday evening.

West was apparently upset with a question he was asked by the Dallas media following Saturday’s game, and he went off on a Twitter rant. The tweets have been deleted, but they were captured by Mavs Moneyball.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/delonte_west_goes_off_on_twitter_rant_doesnt_want_ to_be_medias_sideshow/9204709

WVNowitzki
01-08-2012, 12:16 PM
Delonte is the man! One of my favorite NBA players...

How can you not love him after **** like this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVA00Fngvmg

18 mins on the chicken and this ***** says "ok"

Hustla23
01-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Why should he get to go? He wasn't part of the team.

Also he looks like an uneducated thug. Keep him away.

xxplayerxx23
01-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Im kinda lost I thought you had to be on the championship winning team to go to the white house, Plus he is a dirtbag and shouldnt be allowed within 100 feet of the white house

Melo15
01-08-2012, 12:24 PM
I was cracking up reading his tweets about Windhorst.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-08-2012, 12:25 PM
Why should he get to go? He wasn't part of the team.

Also he looks like an uneducated thug. Keep him away.

"Four members of the Dallas Mavericks find themselves in an awkward situation.

The Mavs will visit the White House on Monday where they will meet President Barack Obama. It's an annual treat that goes to the reigning NBA champions.

However, four Mavs players -- Lamar Odom, Delonte West, Vince Carter and Brandan Wright -- were not with the Mavs last season when they won the title in a six-game series victory over the Miami Heat.

So, do those players stay in the hotel or on the bus while the players who were on last year's championship squad are lauded by President Obama? Or do they hop on the stage and act as if they were here last season?

"I asked and they said everybody was well welcomed to go," Wright said. "I don't mind taking the opportunity to walk around the White House."

HOZ THE KNICK
01-08-2012, 12:28 PM

How can you not love him after **** like this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVA00Fngvmg

rasmarbury LMAO!

netsgiantsyanks
01-08-2012, 12:32 PM
wow. it's not like he had plans to blow it up or anything.

LTBaByyy
01-08-2012, 12:49 PM
He got treatment and sought help!!! He is a changed man

That's messes up, he is not a terrorist. I'm sure Dennis Rodman went to the white house knowing his past and behavior

SpeeMN
01-08-2012, 12:51 PM
And what about JJ Barea? Should he not be invited?

rhymeratic
01-08-2012, 01:05 PM
Well I guess its bad being a paid millions of dollars to play a game. SMH dis dude...

pd1dish
01-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Delonte West is hilarious and one of my favorite non-Bulls players. i cant believe they wont let him in the White House. probably a rule if you have any sort of felony on your record like those gun charges

Geargo Wallace
01-08-2012, 01:56 PM

SAUCE! All different kinds of barbecue sauce!

Cal827
01-08-2012, 01:59 PM
lol, nobody other than the winning team should be invited to this. It's a shame that Deshawn, JJ and Butler couldn't be there.

Geargo Wallace
01-08-2012, 02:03 PM
lol, nobody other than the winning team should be invited to this. It's a shame that Deshawn, JJ and Butler couldn't be there.

People would think that the president is having a family reunion.

You'd think that they would plan this for the summer so that everyone could make time for it. It would be really cool to visit the white house and ****.

Ebbs
01-08-2012, 04:17 PM
Butler, JJ, Tyson, DeShawn deserve to be there!

Screw Delonte

ManRam
01-08-2012, 04:22 PM
Man, I really like Delonte, and it's clear that he's got some problems...

Sucks he can't go, but it is what it is. I do think it's silly, however. Oh well.