PDA

View Full Version : Should the Magic just keep Dwight Howard???

Ty Fast
01-07-2012, 11:02 PM
Even if he does walk they are gonna get 2 1st rounders and a $15 million (or bigger) trade exception like Cleveland and Toronto got for their stars, which isn't a lot worst than what they are getting offered now. With him they could finish as high as 3rd and could probably win a playoff round with him, and go into the 2nd round. That could generate and extra 6 home playoff games and bring in some nice revenue for the team. The only negative thing about this approach is they will not be able to dump Hedo's contract.

Cano-Montero...
01-07-2012, 11:04 PM
Even if he does walk they are gonna get 2 1st rounders and a $15 million (or bigger) trade exception like Cleveland and Toronto got for their stars, which isn't a lot worst than what they are getting offered now. With him they could finish as high as 3rd and could probably win a playoff round with him, and go into the 2nd round. That could generate and extra 6 home playoff games and bring in some nice revenue for the team. The only negative thing about this approach is they will not be able to dump Hedo's contract.

how would they get 2 1st rounders? Dallas and NEts could sign him in FA...

Ty Fast
01-07-2012, 11:07 PM
how would they get 2 1st rounders? Dallas and NEts could sign him in FA...

they get Compensation depending on how much money he gets. miami lost 4 1st when they got bron and bosh

*Silver&Black*
01-07-2012, 11:13 PM
I would give them Horford and a 1st. Atleast you know one is going to be an all-star at PF/C for you instead of 2 draft picks which could be busts.

Dstmccoy
01-07-2012, 11:16 PM
I thought Lebron and Bosh allowed Cleveland and Toronto to do last minute sign and trades
So they weren't left high and dry.

OptiMized
01-07-2012, 11:21 PM
I thought Lebron and Bosh allowed Cleveland and Toronto to do last minute sign and trades
So they weren't left high and dry.
I thought that was what happened too. Maybe some new rules since the lockout?

topdog
01-07-2012, 11:25 PM
That's no guarantee. If the team Howard signs for is willing to do an S&T then Orlando will get something but that's IF.

And do you know why Miami was handing out 1st rounders like candy? Because those picks are going to be somewhere close to #30 and Miami can most likely buy a pick in that range if that see somebody they like.

Jint.
01-07-2012, 11:38 PM
I would give them Horford and a 1st. Atleast you know one is going to be an all-star at PF/C for you instead of 2 draft picks which could be busts.

true, would Dwight sign with ATL though..?

Evolution23
01-07-2012, 11:41 PM
No, get something back now or lose him for nothing. How is that helping Orlando in the future?

iggypop123
01-07-2012, 11:43 PM
I think the sin and trade rules have been changed to prevent that . They are better off just signing' no longer get extra year for sign and trade

Fly
01-07-2012, 11:44 PM
No, get something back now or lose him for nothing. How is that helping Orlando in the future?

this.

shep33
01-07-2012, 11:55 PM
Exhibit A: Cleveland Cavaliers
Exhibit B: Toronto Raptors

Both these franchises are still struggling to get back to the playoffs

Exhibit C: Denver Nuggets- Playoff team, maybe even becoming better without Melo
Exhibit D: NO Hornets- Likely to get 2 top 10 picks, they got an expiring in Kaman, and also have a very good 2 guard. Good rebuilding pieces.

You trade him. Tell him to sign now, if he doesn't deal him. Get value from any team, and get rid of Turks contract in the process

RLundi
01-08-2012, 12:09 AM
As if it were that simple.

RLundi
01-08-2012, 12:10 AM
As if it were that simple.

HOZ THE KNICK
01-08-2012, 12:15 AM

you don't have a clue what you are talking about do you?

Dade County
01-08-2012, 12:36 AM
trade that man to a team that is not going to make the playoffs, even if they have him... lol

But seriously, contact the LAC or OKC, try to show Howard that these two teams can make it to the WCF with him their...

If that doesn't work, send him to L.A or try to get one of the HEAT trio (when I say that, I mean bosh and fillers). The owner of the magic does not want to rebuild, he wants veterans back.

I think orlando wants to make out like Denver in the Melo trade.

MagicBucsSox
01-08-2012, 12:37 AM
Exhibit A: Cleveland Cavaliers
Exhibit B: Toronto Raptors

Both these franchises are still struggling to get back to the playoffs

Exhibit C: Denver Nuggets- Playoff team, maybe even becoming better without Melo
Exhibit D: NO Hornets- Likely to get 2 top 10 picks, they got an expiring in Kaman, and also have a very good 2 guard. Good rebuilding pieces.

You trade him. Tell him to sign now, if he doesn't deal him. Get value from any team, and get rid of Turks contract in the process

This, GSW offer the best so far

Wade>You
01-08-2012, 12:37 AM
Trade him to New Jersey.

*Silver&Black*
01-08-2012, 12:42 AM

Better for ATL to take that risk than not to.

Cano-Montero...
01-08-2012, 12:46 AM
they get Compensation depending on how much money he gets. miami lost 4 1st when they got bron and bosh

Compensation for what? :confused: do you know what you are talking about.. It was a sign and trade that gave those 1st rounders... If D12 sign outright elsewhere magic would be left with nothing...

Bulls_fan90
01-08-2012, 12:48 AM
you don't have a clue what you are talking about do you?

No he doesn't.

Lake_Show2416
01-08-2012, 12:51 AM
trade that man to a team that is not going to make the playoffs, even if they have him... lol

But seriously, contact the LAC or OKC, try to show Howard that these two teams can make it to the WCF with him their...

If that doesn't work, send him to L.A or try to get one of the HEAT trio (when I say that, I mean bosh and fillers). The owner of the magic does not want to rebuild, he wants veterans back.

I think orlando wants to make out like Denver in the Melo trade.

the Magic arent gonna trade him to a division rival, they were mad enough when the Heat got Lebron n Bosh lol

Dade County
01-08-2012, 12:58 AM
the Magic arent gonna trade him to a division rival, they were mad enough when the Heat got Lebron n Bosh lol

So you over looked my entire post and attacked anything that had to do with the HEAT ..... lmao... lol I'm just joking!

I already no that...

But want gives the magic the right to be angry at a team that signs players during free agency :confused: I mean, the nerve of them :p

slynxpac
01-08-2012, 01:06 AM
Trade Dwight

Gagan136
01-08-2012, 01:28 AM
Orlando already said they don't want to rebuild so its unlikely that they will go for the cash and picks.

Melo313
01-08-2012, 02:08 AM
No they don't...the only reason Cleveland and Toronto got something was only because Lebron and Bosh got to max out if traded, if they would of just signed...they would of lost their Bird rights and had to take less money. So Cleveland and Toronto wanted some picks to help them max out. So, Orlando don't get a thing for Dwight unless he wants a max deal somewhere and they trade him. If they let him walk, they get nothing. That's why he wants to be traded. You make more money keeping your Bird rights, you lose them signing as a FA.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
01-08-2012, 05:11 AM
No they don't...the only reason Cleveland and Toronto got something was only because Lebron and Bosh got to max out if traded, if they would of just signed...they would of lost their Bird rights and had to take less money. So Cleveland and Toronto wanted some picks to help them max out. So, Orlando don't get a thing for Dwight unless he wants a max deal somewhere and they trade him. If they let him walk, they get nothing. That's why he wants to be traded. You make more money keeping your Bird rights, you lose them signing as a FA.

THIS.

also the dude that made this had no clue wat he talkin bout.

and to the dude that said that orlando wants to come out of this like the nuggets did with trading melo....it could happen..BBUUTTT isent that just rebuilding?? lol nuggets dident get any vet..well unless u consider felton one..haha

man.. jus trade him to the nets and lets call it a day...they might not want to rebuild or so they say but obviously thats the best thing for them right now. lopez helps replace d12 and then guess wat guys..nets are doing ******..yes.. we will keep doing ****** til march then we get d12.. but by then its 2 late and magic can get great picks in the draft......JUST SAYIN.

ArmLaker
01-08-2012, 05:33 AM
We have the best offerfor Dwight. Last I checked Orlando wants to stay competitive or atleast somewhat decent so why not take a chance on Drew....is there any better offer out there? At least the Magic will be playoff bound in a weak eastern conference.

JOhnnyTHaJet
01-08-2012, 05:49 AM

They have no cap space to do so.

John Walls Era
01-08-2012, 07:30 AM

Even then this is not 100% accurate. I think that Lebron and Bosh get an extra year even though they took less per year in the S&T.

OP is wrong and Magic should trade Dwight soon.

ldawg
01-08-2012, 09:58 AM
No they should trade him for a package built around the best player. A quality trade is better than a quantity trade. Or they could just sit back and do nothing while he end up in dallas playing with Williams and Dirk. and get nothing but trash for him.

Rocco007
01-08-2012, 11:56 AM
It's clear DHoward wants to move on...and its clear you must get a young big man in return..
If Orlando doesn't trade for Bynum real soon...this will end badly...The longer they wait, the less leverage they'll have...As Bynum is putting up ridiculous stats per 48 mins...Clearly the only true and throwback center in the NBA...
Management has known all along what he's capable of...Lakers are in no rush right now...
Although talented, it's unclear what Brook Lopez can offer after his injury...Yao Ming just retired off of a similar ailment...He was already a subpar rebounder prior to...
No one else can offer a legit center with good upside...Orlando appears not to have a clear vision on what they want to do...Which is precisely why DHoward wants to get out of town in the 1st place...