PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Hawks whats about them?

ldawg
01-07-2012, 10:25 PM
One thing about the Hawks they always have a competitive team on the floor year after year. As long as i can remember they always did just a bad here and there. They can beat the best team in the NBA and loose to the worst. What can get them over the top? I see many teams go in this so called rebuild mode and be stinks for many years hoping to land a star in the draft rather than putting a team on the floor that can compete. Why even bother and watch a team that only win 10 games a season? Even after you draft that player you waited on you brand(you franchise) has a bad reputation and other players become hesitant to play there.

*Silver&Black*
01-07-2012, 10:30 PM
Very Hot and Cold team. Has the talent to match up with anybody, yet sometimes plays down to the teams they are playing (hence why they blow leads as well). We are undersized, so a big guy would help this team. A star big guy would put it over the top (Dwight Howard).

Mr. Baller
01-07-2012, 10:31 PM
Too inconsistent. One night they look great and the next night they look awful. Until they can play at a high level consistently they won't go far in playoffs

effen5
01-07-2012, 10:33 PM
Very Hot and Cold team. Has the talent to match up with anybody, yet sometimes plays down to the teams they are playing (hence why they blow leads as well). We are undersized, so a big guy would help this team. A star big guy would put it over the top (Dwight Howard).

Too inconsistent. One night they look great and the next night they look awful. Until they can play at a high level consistently they won't go far in playoffs

These...

They are just way too inconsistent...especially Joe Johnson and Josh Smith.

IF Josh Smith play the way he played tonight....Atlanta could be a very good team....

Cal827
01-07-2012, 10:36 PM
Exactly, the beat a full roster of the two best teams in the East, then they lose a game to the Lebron/Wade-less Heat at Home.

First round defeat is most likely.

ldawg
01-07-2012, 11:05 PM
Should they call up Lakers and ask what it would take to land Fisher and Pau and get their experience to the Hawks and motivate their talent? Maybe a swap for Al Horford and Kirk try to land deron Willians on his way out of Jersey. Atlanta got good weather he may not mind a move to Atl its better than playing for the nets at this point.

PurpleJesus28
01-07-2012, 11:10 PM
they're a frustrating team to watch, and im not particularly a fan of em. seems like sometimes they just come out flat and with no heart/determination and they just let the games get outta hand. they have a very solid roster and have the ability to compete on a nightly basis, but until they show consistency i feel like this team has reached its ceiling.

josh smith is such a wild card for em too. he has the ability to come play hard and with alotta energy and win em games, or he can start chuckin threes and lose em games too.

*Silver&Black*
01-07-2012, 11:11 PM
ldawg, If it doesn't cost us Horford, Teague, or Smith, which I doubt.

GoPacers33
01-07-2012, 11:14 PM
Enough of the Hawks threads

Bravo95
01-07-2012, 11:15 PM
What can get them over the top?
1) A better coach.

ldawg
01-08-2012, 01:51 AM
ldawg, If it doesn't cost us Horford, Teague, or Smith, which I doubt. well they have to give up something to get somthing. no one wants Joes contract. Harford for Pau seem fair or Smith, Kirk and Picks

Wade>You
01-08-2012, 01:56 AM
They don't have a star player that holds his teammates accountable. Leadership is lacking.

KingPosey
01-08-2012, 02:12 AM
You must not be very old because I remember them sucking dick not TOO long ago.

slynxpac
01-08-2012, 03:51 AM
They are inconsistent

Slug3
01-08-2012, 04:08 AM
They don't have a star player that holds his teammates accountable. Leadership is lacking.

The thing that use to scare me about the Hawks is they had Crawford.... now he is gone and I dont look at them the same. Crawford had the ability to score 20 in the forth alone.

PacersForLife
01-08-2012, 04:59 AM
The Hawks are getting so much attention while the Pacers have quietly gone 6-2 and are third in the East. I think the Hawks will most likely be a 1st round out unless something changes.

LakersIn5
01-08-2012, 08:31 AM
What can get them over the top?

if the heat, celtics, bulls, thunder, lakers, blazers, 1/3 of the nba decide to leave the nba

ldawg
01-08-2012, 10:13 AM
they're a frustrating team to watch, and im not particularly a fan of em. seems like sometimes they just come out flat and with no heart/determination and they just let the games get outta hand. they have a very solid roster and have the ability to compete on a nightly basis, but until they show consistency i feel like this team has reached its ceiling.

At least its watchable and don't know who will win.. Can't be more frustrating than watching the Nets, Wizards, Bobcats, Cavs, Hornets, Golden State, Wolves, Pistons, Bucks, etc. They all have a 5% chance of winning a game in which they are not playing each other and even then you can put an L next to both teams.
Whats the goal between Nets and Hornets playing each other? Lets see who can stink it up more so i can get a better chance for the #1 draft pick. To many teams a playing for the draft than trying to put a team on the floor that can compete. They are consumed buy the picks and these are the same owners that want the better teams to follow their lead.

ChitownSports16
01-08-2012, 10:44 AM
The Hawks are getting so much attention while the Pacers have quietly gone 6-2 and are third in the East. I think the Hawks will most likely be a 1st round out unless something changes.

Let's crown the pacers!!! Season over.....

Dré
01-08-2012, 11:21 AM

Lol, the Pacers are 6-2, but they've played no one of worth except for Miami (a game in which they were routed), even the final score of their game versus Detroit (a game which they lost) wasn't indicative of how lopsided that game was (after three quarters, the Pistons were up eighteen). Routing Boston and Charlotte impressed me somewhat, but the Celts have an efficiency diff of +0.5 (compared to Phoenix that's 3-4 and has a point diff of +1.6), and the Bobcats... Well the Bobcats are bad.

Not only has Atlanta's schedule been more grueling to start the season (ranked 5th (http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/ranking/strength-of-schedule-by-team) in SOS), they just went 2-1 after completing a back-to-back-to-back, which consisted of 4 overtime periods.

The Hawks may have a worse win-loss, but at the moment, all indications point to them being the better team (better point diff, surviving a tough week, etc).

Philly has been the most impressive team thus far, they've absolutely crushed the competition (and it hasn't even been close). Of course, they've played a lot of bottom feeders (why they've been feasting), but that's nonetheless been impressive (the consistency). If Hawes keeps playing the way he has been, the Sixers could be that dark horse team (in the EC).

So far, I'd say the East looks like this:

1. MIA
T-2. CHI
T-2. PHI (I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, not to mention, they own the best point diff in the league :D)
T-2. ATL
5. ORL
6. IND
7. NYK
8. BOS
---
9. CLE

I expect Cleveland to stay in the hunt, but despite having a better point diff than Boston and New York, I don't see them being better at season's end (this week will tell us all we need to know about the Cavaliers when they head west).

*Silver&Black*
01-08-2012, 02:57 PM

Maybe it has something to do with the Hawks being one of ONLY 3 teams that has made the 2nd round of the playoffs for a couple seasons straight (Celtics, Lakers, and Hawks).

Pacers off to a nice start, but Hawks and Pacers have nothing in common in terms of a winning product the last few years.