PDA

View Full Version : should portland or atlanta make a move for howard?

Yunqn
01-06-2012, 05:55 PM
portland

lamarcus aldrige, pick & filler for dwight howard..

they dont free up cap space but this would be a legit young allstar whos under a good contract and doesnt have injury history like the other deals and the magic can keep moving foward this season being productive..

atlanta

al horford,jeff teague,marvin williams & picks

for

dwight howard & hedo turkologu

portland basically is replacing L.A with dwight howard.. portland imo is this years dallas.. there REALLy deep and i can see them having a top record with dwight and dwight would win mvp this season..maybe not his fav. spot to live but to win and be the GUY and dominat with a deep team, portland looks great.. see dirk in dallas

and atlanta is dhowards hometown and have a really close childhood friend josh smith and they joe johnson who isnt himself but i can bet orlando would love to have him if it wasnt for the contract ..

both teams would be able to compete with howard right away imo..
i dont see nj or gs being able to do the same..

MagicBucsSox
01-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Portland is adidas capital. But Dwight makes more for them in bk, TX or la. No way they move LaMarcus with no ext. Same as atl and they have crap outside Horford.

And why would Orlando trade to become the hawks?

sjbirds
01-06-2012, 06:04 PM
portland no... i think they are good without him... atl should do something because its the same team year in and year out... seems like they have no heart so maybe dh would change the attitude of the team

PacersForLife
01-06-2012, 06:06 PM
Dwight is from Atlanta and I think that Portland is good with what they have as long as they don't have any injuries to key players. I think Atlanta should make a strong push for Dwight even if it isn't one of the places he prefers, but doubt it will happen. That team needs somebody for that crowd to cheer for.

shep33
01-06-2012, 06:08 PM
Portland would have to give up Aldridge + other good players... dont' know if that's a good idea, they're playing so well right now.

IndyRealist
01-06-2012, 06:28 PM
LaMarcus Aldridge IS a legit young all-star, or at least he should be. I don't see a 5-1 team trading their marquee player.

jiggin
01-06-2012, 06:34 PM
portland will just keep quiet, and continue to win under the radar. They beat several good teams already and are 5-1 on the year, not even playing their best basketball to date.

portland is use to getting the snub from east coast writers and fans as well as Cali diehardons....and has said this year, they like it. :)

They are playing way more run and gun mixed in with their formal style of play...and have a much better all around team (even distribution of the ball now that Roy is gone).

Its going to be fun to watch them, all year. But they don't need to give up insane amounts for Howard. If he stays out of the west conf. they will be golden.

valade16
01-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Portland would have to give up Aldridge + other good players... dont' know if that's a good idea, they're playing so well right now.

Portland would have to give up at a minimum Aldridge and Batum, plus a few 1st round picks and you'd have to take back Turkoglu's contract in the deal, and since they already amnestied Roy they couldn't get Turk's contract off the books.

I mean for Howard you almost do whatever you can but still, high price...

Felton
Mathews/Crawford
Turkoglu
Wallace
Howard

Camby on the bench?...

jiggin
01-06-2012, 06:36 PM
Portland is adidas capital. But Dwight makes more for them in bk, TX or la. No way they move LaMarcus with no ext. Same as atl and they have crap outside Horford.

?? think you mean nike capital...right? :D

MountainDew
01-06-2012, 06:43 PM
I see no reason as to why Portland would even think about trading for Howard ... they are playing great team basketball this season and have a very solid team, they don't lack skill at any position IMO, their big man depth could be better but they do have Oden.

Atlanta -ABSOLUTELY should trade for Dwight .. give them anyone they want .. If they can rebuild with Dwight + JJ/Horford/Smith I would do that in a second .. their current roster is very talented that just do not fit together. If they want another 2nd round exit at best in the playoffs then keep the team, if not make a push for Dwight

SteveNash
01-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Joe & Ivan Johnson for Howard makes the most sense.

valade16
01-06-2012, 06:49 PM
Joe & Ivan Johnson for Howard makes the most sense.

:confused:

I think your getting the words "most" and "zero" confused...

THE GIPPER
01-06-2012, 06:49 PM
Ivan for Howard and two 1sts.

theheatles
01-06-2012, 07:44 PM
atlanta makes sense...josh smith, jeff teague, marvin williams, ivan johnson and picks for dwight and hedo

goblazers7
01-06-2012, 08:04 PM

LA is under contract for another 4 years, if that's what you meant by no ext. AND Portland will NOT trade LA, we have Batum, Wesley Matthews, Nolan Smith, and Picks to trade. Batum is a great player with a ton of potential, only 23 years old. Wallace is a volume scorer with great defense. Those 2 should be enough for D12 (Along with 1st rd picks). No way Por gives away LA for anyone.

ElFuturoDeESPN
01-06-2012, 08:11 PM
I doubt they're even looking to trade Wes or Crash though bro. If anyone would be on their way out it would be Batum. Even then I don't think Portland has the pieces to acquire Dwight, not without having to give up LA as well.

ElFuturoDeESPN
01-06-2012, 08:13 PM
I'm perfectly happy with the rotation they have going at the moment. Deepest in the league for sure, and there's really no need to mix up the chemistry and momentum they have going forward in exchange for a possible one year rental. Nike capital or not, Portland is too small of a market for an ego as big as Dwight's.

valade16
01-06-2012, 08:31 PM
LA is under contract for another 4 years, if that's what you meant by no ext. AND Portland will NOT trade LA, we have Batum, Wesley Matthews, Nolan Smith, and Picks to trade. Batum is a great player with a ton of potential, only 23 years old. Wallace is a volume scorer with great defense. Those 2 should be enough for D12 (Along with 1st rd picks). No way Por gives away LA for anyone.

Batum, Mathews, and Smith isn't even close to enough to get Howard...

thekmp211
01-06-2012, 08:40 PM
blazers need to build around lamarcus not trade him.

tmacsc2
01-06-2012, 09:19 PM
?? think you mean nike capital...right? :D

Adidas USA headquarters is now in Portland too! I work at ups down the hill from
That mammoth place.

BleedingGreen9
01-07-2012, 02:16 AM
just throwing this out there but what do u think of

westbrook harden and ibaka for howard and nelson?

Wade>You
01-07-2012, 02:37 AM
Howard and Josh smith would be a sick shotblocking combination.

king4day
01-07-2012, 03:00 AM
Too much for both teams to give up without an extension. Even with one I think it's too much for Atlanta unless a PG is coming back.

Yunqn
01-07-2012, 04:21 AM
Portland would have to give up at a minimum Aldridge and Batum, plus a few 1st round picks and you'd have to take back Turkoglu's contract in the deal, and since they already amnestied Roy they couldn't get Turk's contract off the books.

I mean for Howard you almost do whatever you can but still, high price...

Felton
Mathews/Crawford
Turkoglu
Wallace
Howard

Camby on the bench?...

the trade i gave was the exact way of it happening... if turk is added portland will have to deplete its team to match incoming salary./

portland will not include batum nor should they ... l.a is the best player orlando will get and he doesnt have any ionjury history...

you guys are making it seem like portland would be trading aldrige for cap.. its dwight howard.. dwight howard on a team thisdeep will win 10 - 15 more games in the reg season with howard in this pace as apose to l.a and def win playoff series' and will compete this season..

portland would win enough to retain dwight.. and feltons game will improve to allstar level again and portlands defense would be among the best..

and for atlanta.. you either trade for dwight or trade josh smith for gortat & childress.. atlanta is settling for being solid .. and the owners were complaining?? you cant just sit still when you have no future or present.. you have to keep making moves..

Yunqn
01-07-2012, 04:28 AM
just throwing this out there but what do u think of

westbrook harden and ibaka for howard and nelson?

i had that thought during mid season after deron got traded..

i also thought that ryan anderson wouldve been a filler but imagine that lol..
perkins would have to be involved though.. thunder would have ZERo floor spacing.. but dwight & durant would compete for best duo in history in my opinion.. its just too good of a complement..dwight cares less about shooting and they both are physicall and talent mismatches for any defense out there..

Yunqn
01-07-2012, 04:32 AM
blazers need to build around lamarcus not trade him.

dwight >>>>>>>>> lamarcus

you cant be serious.. if its a straight up swap & portland adds picks..you would be out your mind not too.. it would be the best deal orlando can get by far.. bynum is a lock to go down and if lopez admittedly said he is lazy and doesnt rebound because of that its not like his attitude would change in orlando..

he's a true center verison; of a physical bargnani..

Yunqn
01-07-2012, 04:38 AM
no way atlanta adds josh smith..
thats the only leverage of keeping dwight.. its his best friend..

dwight & turk for horford,teague,2 1st & marvin williams

and if they get to keep jj & josh smith with dwight & hinrich? thats a REALLY good team and your hometown.. dwight would for sure resign.. atlanta has talent they just dont mesh..

Cal827
01-07-2012, 04:43 AM
Atlanta Should. At least they could rid themselves of the terrible contracts once Howard decided to leave and join his Olympic team b-buddy in NJ or Dallas.

**** Marc Cuban.

Ebbs
01-07-2012, 04:59 AM
Assuming they deal smith/Marv/Teague

for

Howard and Hedo

a team of:

Dwight
Horford
Hedo
McGrady
JJ

Would be pretty good

The_Jamal
01-07-2012, 05:02 AM
I quit being an NBA fan if the Blazers pair LMA and Howard for the next 10 years. No one would be able to touch them. especially in the West

The_Jamal
01-07-2012, 05:04 AM
I doubt they're even looking to trade Wes or Crash though bro. If anyone would be on their way out it would be Batum. Even then I don't think Portland has the pieces to acquire Dwight, not without having to give up LA as well.

I disagree. G-force, Batum, Wes Matthews and 1st round picks is hell of a lot more than most other teams are offering for Dwight.

MagicBucsSox
01-07-2012, 09:20 PM
Dude Portland has no pieces for dwight if your gonna exclude LA. Get real. I'm tired of fans thinking your gett Dwight while keeping your best player. Aldridge is good but he's no Dwight by far.

Batum & Mathews ??? Lololololololol

ugafan
01-07-2012, 10:43 PM
The Hawks aren't trading Smith for Dwight. They want to play together because they're good friends and swapping them for each other makes no sense for either team and Dwight would absolutely NOT sign an extension.

Horford is who would go and he's the more valuable piece anyways. Horford+Teague and a couple firsts for Howard and Hedo.

*Silver&Black*
01-07-2012, 10:49 PM
I don't think we would have to trade Teague.

JOSKOMANG4
01-07-2012, 11:08 PM
It was said in the beginning of the season that the Magic had interest in Joe Johnson.

- C/PF A.Horford, SF/SG J.Johnson, & PG K.Hinrich to the Magic for C D12, F Hedu Turk, & PG C.Duhon.

Magic Starting Five:

C- Horford
PF- R.Anderson
SF- J.Johnson
SG- J.Rich
PG- J.Nelson

Hawks:

C- D12
PF- JSmoove
SF- M.Williams
SG- Kirk
PG- Teague.

thekmp211
01-08-2012, 12:28 PM
dwight >>>>>>>>> lamarcus

you cant be serious.. if its a straight up swap & portland adds picks..you would be out your mind not too.. it would be the best deal orlando can get by far.. bynum is a lock to go down and if lopez admittedly said he is lazy and doesnt rebound because of that its not like his attitude would change in orlando..

he's a true center verison; of a physical bargnani..

right. but it won't be. cause it isn't happening. jeez.