PDA

View Full Version : Kobe on his shot selection: "Get over it."

Gators123
01-06-2012, 05:52 PM
:laugh2:

http://www.csnnw.com/pages/landing3?Kobe-on-his-shot-selection-Get-over-it=1&blockID=625910&feedID=5212

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-06-2012, 05:58 PM
:laugh:

Nick O
01-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Lmao .....

Wade>You
01-06-2012, 06:10 PM
"Some nights I have 24 shots, some nights I have 29 shots. :facepalm: Get over it."

:laugh:

smith&wesson
01-06-2012, 06:12 PM
lol man i feel bad for kobe this year. he should just take the year off and get healthy and tell the lakers front office to make some serious trades so that they can compete for a ship again next season.

NYKnickFanatic
01-06-2012, 06:15 PM
I <3 Kobe.

GodsSon
01-06-2012, 06:26 PM
lol man i feel bad for kobe this year. he should just take the year off and get healthy and tell the lakers front office to make some serious trades so that they can compete for a ship again next season.

The Lakers need to re-build, especially after they just gave away Odom for nothing.

It's going to be a long season for Kobe and his frustration is already shining through.

The Final Boss
01-06-2012, 06:36 PM
The Lakers need to re-build, especially after they just gave away Odom for nothing.

It's going to be a long season for Kobe and his frustration is already shining through.

Odom sucks.

ManRam
01-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Such a team player!

TO Rapz
01-06-2012, 06:45 PM
:laugh2:

Awesome.

Klivlend
01-06-2012, 06:45 PM

you have got to be kidding

VillaMaravilla
01-06-2012, 06:46 PM
Kobe is on a mission lol

THE GIPPER
01-06-2012, 06:47 PM
hahaha oh kobe. he will never get it will he.

smith&wesson
01-06-2012, 06:51 PM

id be frustraited too. he is getting older but can still def play. what the team needed was an upgrade to revamp the roster. why they didnt need was to give their glue guy away. they killed their chances at a ship because with out odom that 2nd unit has no depth

you have got to be kidding

not at all. the guy is 33 and can still ball for another 2-3 years. instead of increasing his chances by revamping the roster they went and gave one of their best players away for nothing. I want to see kobe compete for his 6th ring. whats wrong with that. i grew up watching him play and he is my fav player.

Hawkeye15
01-06-2012, 07:02 PM
If Bron did this, you guys would all **** on him. Always contradicting here.

Kobe, what a team player.

Lakeshow24KB
01-06-2012, 07:05 PM
Lol. I wonder what all his teammates think

Celticsfan2007
01-06-2012, 07:13 PM
I've said this in other Kobe threads and I'll say it again.

Kobe doesn't give a **** about the 2012 Lakers. He knows this team cannot compete for a championship this season.

He is simply going to chuck up shots strictly for numbers sake to boost his career numbers, he doesn't care about the 2012 Lakers anymore.

Evolution23
01-06-2012, 07:15 PM
He's making them but the Lakers play better when he shoots less.

TboneM3
01-06-2012, 07:35 PM
You could look at it another way. Teammates of Kobe have had much, much, much higher odds of winning a championship than if they weren't his teammate, so perhaps you could say that Kobe has been a better teammate than anyone else (maybe not Duncan?)

Evolution23
01-06-2012, 07:36 PM
You could look at it another way. Teammates of Kobe have had much, much, much higher odds of winning a championship than if they weren't his teammate, so perhaps you could say that Kobe has been a better teammate than anyone else (maybe not Duncan?)

Any time you play with Kobe you can beat any team on any given night.

NYtilIdie
01-06-2012, 07:48 PM

Kobe curses in front of kids, the reaction

"Its the parents fault for being late, they were no longer on Kobe's time, he had all the right to cuss"

Lebron doesn't give the ball boy his warm up gear

"Who the ***k does this douche bag think he is?!?!"

Hustlenomics
01-06-2012, 08:08 PM
anything to help the Lakers continue lose im all for it, keep it up Kobe

lakerboy
01-06-2012, 08:59 PM
You guys a re funny. He has 5 championships, and none the posters in the first page have even watched their team win a 'ship.

Believe it or not, we have a good shot at coming out in the west against this year.

lakerboy
01-06-2012, 09:01 PM
Oh btw, he just shot 13/26 last game, a cool 54%.

Hawkeye15
01-06-2012, 09:01 PM
You guys a re funny. He has 5 championships, and none the posters in the first page have even watched their team win a 'ship.

Believe it or not, we have a good shot at coming out in the west against this year.

thank you for proving my point. Apparently you can only be a complete dick if you win rings with the best NBA franchise in modern history giving you absolutely more help than any other player has had the benefit of having.

netsgiantsyanks
01-06-2012, 09:02 PM

cool story. tell it again.

Gators123
01-06-2012, 09:06 PM

I have, against your Lakers.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-06-2012, 09:10 PM
oh btw, he just shot 13/26 last game, a cool 54%.

13/24

Hellcrooner
01-06-2012, 09:14 PM
and that ladys and gentleman is why i have been hating his guts since 1996

C-Style
01-06-2012, 09:34 PM
thank you for proving my point. Apparently you can only be a complete dick if you win rings with the best NBA franchise in modern history giving you absolutely more help than any other player has had the benefit of having.

:laugh2: How is he being a dick??? hahaha

CHANGO
01-06-2012, 09:40 PM
I have, against your Lakers.
:burn:

13/24

double :burn:

lakerboy
01-06-2012, 09:42 PM
i have, against your lakers.

lmao. 2010?

lakerboy
01-06-2012, 09:43 PM

So what if he is a dick? Michael Jordan punched a freaking teammate for Christ's sake. :facepalm: and if you don't want to give the guy credit, that's okay. No use arguing with you.

lakerboy
01-06-2012, 09:47 PM
and that ladys and gentleman is why i have been hating his guts since 1996

He helped us win 5 championship rings and brought us to 7 championship appearances you ungrateful *beep beep*

Hawkeye15
01-06-2012, 09:49 PM
So what if he is a dick? Michael Jordan punched a freaking teammate for Christ's sake. :facepalm: and if you don't want to give the guy credit, that's okay. No use arguing with you.

you are missing the point entirely. If its Bron, he gets dumped on. If its Kobe, "oh, its just Kobe, 5 rings!".

Complete double standards.

Hawkeye15
01-06-2012, 09:49 PM
point is, a dick is a dick. Just wish people realized it.

Hellcrooner
01-06-2012, 09:50 PM
He helped us win 5 championship rings and brought us to 7 championship appearances you ungrateful *beep beep*

Phil, Shaq, Gasol.

he can thank god for them.

lakerboy
01-06-2012, 09:56 PM
point is, a dick is a dick. Just wish people realized it.

What's your fascination with dicks man? 99% of NBA players are dicks. Even the guy in your sig hit a woman

Hawkeye15
01-06-2012, 09:57 PM
Phil, Shaq, Gasol.

Phil Jackson
Rick Fox
Brian Shaw
Derek Fisher
Ron Harper
Andrew Bynum
blah
blah
blah

He has had more help in his 16 year career than maybe any other star I can think of.

Hawkeye15
01-06-2012, 09:58 PM
What's your fascination with dicks man? 99% of NBA players are dicks. Even the guy in your sig hit a woman

Kobephiles refuse to admit their hero is a complete dick. That is my problem.

LakersKB24
01-06-2012, 10:13 PM
Phil, Shaq, Gasol.

Yeah especially Gasol, he could've done it all by himself right? LOL Give me a break! And without Kobe on the team Shaq wouldn't have threepeated, no matter how dominant he was. It takes more than one player.

I don't get why it's such a big deal right now. Like Kobe just started this season to shoot a lot... Of course this interview makes him look like an arrogant *******, which he is, but he's always been like this and it's just Kobe being Kobe. Love him or hate him, but off the top of my head I don't know too many players, that CHANGED their philosophy. Kobe is a scorer and always will be a scorer. It's not like he couldn't be a playmaker but that's just not his way of approaching the game.

Avenged
01-06-2012, 10:14 PM
Kobe just so badly wants to be the bad guy IMO. I honestly don't think he gives a ****.

These 22+ FGA games with questionable shot selection has and will continue to hurt the Lakers. He has shown he still has it in him, and he not only has Pau now but Bynum but yet is shooting even more now. Doesn't really make sense to me but I won't get to heavy questioning Kobe, he has done a lot for the Lakers playing the way he does.

Squad13
01-06-2012, 10:17 PM
I've said this in other Kobe threads and I'll say it again.

Kobe doesn't give a **** about the 2012 Lakers. He knows this team cannot compete for a championship this season.

He is simply going to chuck up shots strictly for numbers sake to boost his career numbers, he doesn't care about the 2012 Lakers anymore.

You're an idiot. You're thinking of the celtics

LakersKB24
01-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Kobe just so badly wants to be the bad guy IMO. I honestly don't think he gives a ****.

These 22+ FGA games with questionable shot selection has and will continue to hurt the Lakers. He has shown he still has it in him, and he not only has Pau now but Bynum but yet is shooting even more now. Doesn't really make sense to me but I won't get to heavy questioning Kobe, he has done a lot for the Lakers playing the way he does.

The only thing that bothers me right now is that he's hurt and he still shoots that much. He should give Pau and Drew more touches until the injury doesn't affect his shot anymore.

Other than that I don't mind Kobe taking 20-25 shots a game.

Hellcrooner
01-06-2012, 10:28 PM
Phil Jackson
Rick Fox
Brian Shaw
Derek Fisher
Ron Harper
Andrew Bynum
blah
blah
blah

He has had more help in his 16 year career than maybe any other star I can think of.

Mchale, Parish, Ainge, quinn buckner, Walton, Dennis johnson and so on and on

the white dude probably holds the record of elite help since..............bill russelll :D

silvTeg98
01-06-2012, 10:40 PM
carmelo shot 33 times tonight

kobebabe
01-06-2012, 10:48 PM
:clap:

Bruno
01-06-2012, 11:05 PM
what needs to be gotten over is Bryants desire to shoot threes. his percentage is horrendous and as a student of the game he needs to recognize that. he's playing with the best PF-C combo in the league and he needs to feed the post rather than chuck 3's with his wrist. I'm okay with 18-23 shots from Kobe, but not if 1/3rd of them are from behind the arch.

you won't see me criticize the dude much, but this right here is bs.

Bruno
01-06-2012, 11:11 PM
he is 7/37 from behind the arch this season. that's 19%. His three point percentage has gone down hill since the broken fingers in the shooting hand in 2009-2010, and this ligament tear in his shooting wrist has proven to be the breaking point. he's shooting 4.6 threes on 19%! that's unacceptable. he needs to get a clue.

this will of corse continue to happen so long as LAL doesn't have a ball-handeler who can penetrate. If Bryant has the responsibility to facilitate, he will continue be and shoot 3's from behind the arc. His TS% is trash right now because of these horrible 3's. His efficiency is fine from inside the line. Bryant needs to accept his limitations from behind the arch and play smarter.

Reporters should continue to criticize him despite his extremely defensive response. He needs to take a clue out of the MJ/LBJ/Wade handbook. DONT SHOOT 3'S! he doesn't need to be a floor spreader for this laker team.

goNYgoNYgo
01-06-2012, 11:19 PM

lbj isn't kobe. kobe earned the right to say it. 5 rings.

Law25
01-06-2012, 11:31 PM
Mchale, Parish, Ainge, quinn buckner, Walton, Dennis johnson and so on and on

the white dude probably holds the record of elite help since..............bill russelll :D

:clap: Good job Crooner I thought we lost you there for a minute, lol.......... Oh and stop bashing our players not named Pau :mad:

i.got.the.nutz
01-06-2012, 11:42 PM
Phil Jackson
Rick Fox
Brian Shaw
Derek Fisher
Ron Harper
Andrew Bynum
blah
blah
blah

More than Bird, Magic, Russell, and Shaq?

C-Style
01-07-2012, 12:05 AM
Fisher,Fox,Harper, Shaw??? hahaha

TheRunKiller
01-07-2012, 12:07 AM
Haha great answer. Kobe is a beast

Hawkeye15
01-07-2012, 12:39 AM
lbj isn't kobe. kobe earned the right to say it. 5 rings.

hahaha

Hawkeye15
01-07-2012, 12:39 AM
More than Bird, Magic, Russell, and Shaq?

over a period of 16 years? Yes.

whitemamba33
01-07-2012, 12:42 AM

Ya I know...people are SO unfair to LeBron. I hate it when people show up in almost every LeBron thread just to bash the man.

...kind of like you with Kobe, eh? Before you disagree...please consider the fact that you are in a Kobe thread right now...still bashing him.

whitemamba33
01-07-2012, 12:48 AM
what needs to be gotten over is Bryants desire to shoot threes. his percentage is horrendous and as a student of the game he needs to recognize that. he's playing with the best PF-C combo in the league and he needs to feed the post rather than chuck 3's with his wrist. I'm okay with 18-23 shots from Kobe, but not if 1/3rd of them are from behind the arch.

you won't see me criticize the dude much, but this right here is bs.

I don't have exact numbers for you, but i'm willing to bet that MOST of those three's come late in the fourth quarter with the Lakers down. Either that, or when they just pass the ball to Kobe with 3 seconds left in the shot clock and expect him to do something with it.

Nobody else steps up for the Lakers in the clutch. As good as Bynum is, he's a lot like Shaq in the sense that he doesn't maintain his presence late in the game. And Gasol is worse.

That being said, I think Kobe knows he's taken a boat load of bad shots..and I think he's going to keep an eye on it. He did shoot over 50% last night, but people won't talk about that as much as they talk about his poor shooting nights. If anyone expected him to respond any other way than the way he did, then they just don't know the man.

Hawkeye15
01-07-2012, 12:52 AM
Ya I know...people are SO unfair to LeBron. I hate it when people show up in almost every LeBron thread just to bash the man.

...kind of like you with Kobe, eh? Before you disagree...please consider the fact that you are in a Kobe thread right now...still bashing him.

again, thank you for proving my point.

people are so unfair to Kobe. I mean, he was charged with rape, ran his once in a generation center out of town, demanded trades publically, had sex with everything in site despite having a hot wife, who dumped him, yet, Bron has done none of this, but gets crapped on for sneezing, when we continue to walk on ice around Kobe's statements, simply because he was drafted into an organization that is the best run NBA team in modern history, and was given championship talent for 9 of his seasons.

Sadds The Gr8
01-07-2012, 12:56 AM
He's on my fantasy team in my money league so I'm happy with this. KEEP SHOOTING KOB!

DLCK
01-07-2012, 12:56 AM
Phil, Shaq, Gasol.

should shaq thank kobe and wade?.. should Robinson thank Duncan? should Peirce thank Kg and Allen? That argument is so ridiculous

DLCK
01-07-2012, 01:00 AM
I dont get the LBJ argument at all. Everybody in this thread is bashing Kobe for it other then Lakers fans. What do you want?

whitemamba33
01-07-2012, 01:06 AM

people are so unfair to Kobe. I mean, he was charged with rape, ran his once in a generation center out of town, demanded trades publically, had sex with everything in site despite having a hot wife, who dumped him, yet, Bron has done none of this, but gets crapped on for sneezing, when we continue to walk on ice around Kobe's statements, simply because he was drafted into an organization that is the best run NBA team in modern history, and was given championship talent for 9 of his seasons.

again..thank you for proving my point. Here you are, hating on Kobe, and hating on people for hating on LeBron at the same time. And you are trying to call out other people for making contradictory statements?

Personally..I couldn't care less about anybody's personal life. I know Kobe is a great player. I know Kobe has an amazing work ethic. Those are things I know and things I believe in. I don't know Kobe on any other level, so I'm not going to let the media decide that for me. Hell, Mickey Mantle showed up to his retirement ceremony with both his wife and his mistress, yet he's one ofthe most loved Yankee players EVER. I gave up on believing in the person behind the athlete a LONG time ago. I think for the drama queens, it's probably great to be able to follow these players so closely that you start to think you are qualified to make judgments about who they are as people, which you obviously buy into quite a bit. But it's not for me.

As much as you want to paint the picture that people are "walking on ice" about Kobe's comments and that there is this HUGE contradiction...i'm really only seeing Lakers fans trying to justify his comments, and the rest, yourself included, taking it negatively.

CityofTreez
01-07-2012, 01:07 AM
But Kobe, my mom died yesterday in a tornado and her last wishes were to see you limit your shot selection?

Get over it!

Geargo Wallace
01-07-2012, 01:21 AM
Kobe's pretty game got all the kids dancing :dance:

I love how every Kobe argument starts with "well he has 5 rings." Kobe is a great player, I get it, but he's also glorified to another level. He gets way too much credit. He's the most privileged player that I can think of. He gets all of the cool toys, but yet he'd still rather play with himself. Kobe this. Kobe that. Kobe blah blah blah.

whitemamba33
01-07-2012, 01:26 AM
Kobe's pretty game got all the kids dancing :dance:

I love how every Kobe argument starts with "well he has 5 rings." Kobe is a great player, I get it, but he's also glorified to another level. He gets way too much credit. He's the most privileged player that I can think of. He gets all of the cool toys, but yet he'd still rather play with himself. Kobe this. Kobe that. Kobe blah blah blah.

Then hate him because he's successful. Most people do that anyways.

Geargo Wallace
01-07-2012, 01:33 AM
Then hate him because he's successful. Most people do that anyways.

I just dislike the Kobephiles who give him praise for everything. They act as if he can do no wrong. He's a great player, but he's been put in a great position to win titles year after year. Hearing these "rings" arguments when you try to compare him to others is just annoying.

whitemamba33
01-07-2012, 01:48 AM
I just dislike the Kobephiles who give him praise for everything. They act as if he can do no wrong. He's a great player, but he's been put in a great position to win titles year after year. Hearing these "rings" arguments when you try to compare him to others is just annoying.

Well hating him and hating certain people who like/defend him are two VERY different things.

I'm not a fan of arguing rings above all else either. But as much as he's glorified, people line up to bash him any chance they get. They bash him because he can't live up to MJ...which he's never tried to. They bash him because he cheated on his wife...which strangely makes him MORE like MJ. They bash him because he's played for a winning franchise...which really isn't his "fault", and actually has a LOT to do with what he brings to the game. They bashed him because in his early 20's he wasn't the most important player on a championship team that had one of the best centers of all time on it. And here they are bashing him for telling people to "get over it" in reference to his shot selection....like some reporter is supposed to tell him what shots he should and shouldn't be taking.

With the two extremes, ranging from "Kobephiles" to the Kobe haters, just stick with what you know. As you said, he's a great player.

Kobe2324
01-07-2012, 01:55 AM
I like the shots that kobe is taking, he's just not hitting the shots that he would usually hit if th wrist was 100% id say he takes maybe 2-3 bad shots per game but for the most part they are in his comfort zone, just got to get that wrist healthy.

Hellcrooner
01-07-2012, 02:32 AM
should shaq thank kobe and wade?.. should Robinson thank Duncan? should Peirce thank Kg and Allen? That argument is so ridiculous

Yes they Should

i.got.the.nutz
01-07-2012, 03:25 AM
again..thank you for proving my point. Here you are, hating on Kobe, and hating on people for hating on LeBron at the same time. And you are trying to call out other people for making contradictory statements?

Personally..I couldn't care less about anybody's personal life. I know Kobe is a great player. I know Kobe has an amazing work ethic. Those are things I know and things I believe in. I don't know Kobe on any other level, so I'm not going to let the media decide that for me. Hell, Mickey Mantle showed up to his retirement ceremony with both his wife and his mistress, yet he's one ofthe most loved Yankee players EVER. I gave up on believing in the person behind the athlete a LONG time ago. I think for the drama queens, it's probably great to be able to follow these players so closely that you start to think you are qualified to make judgments about who they are as people, which you obviously buy into quite a bit. But it's not for me.

As much as you want to paint the picture that people are "walking on ice" about Kobe's comments and that there is this HUGE contradiction...i'm really only seeing Lakers fans trying to justify his comments, and the rest, yourself included, taking it negatively.

Hawkeye is not a Kobe fan. He will never like Kobe. He will bash Kobe every opportunity he gets. Why even respond? It's like arguing with a kid when talking about Kobe with him.

i.got.the.nutz
01-07-2012, 03:28 AM
Kobe's stat line tonight: 39/7/4

Like a give a flying *** if he's a good guy or not.

GREATNESS ONE
01-07-2012, 03:28 AM
White Mamba FTW !!!!!!!!!!

kobelaughsatall
01-07-2012, 04:36 AM

you got him there buddy... Hawkeye where is your response after he just owned you!

rasajr23
01-07-2012, 05:16 AM
Hellcrooner?? To say you hated Kobe since 96 is insane. The dude only averaged 15 minutes per game that year and only started 6 games. He was coming off the bench throughout the entire year and still averaged close to 8 points per game. Hawkeye?? Go back and do your homework... Your making it seem like Kobe had ALL STARS surrounding him from 96 to current. We never even had a true point guard in any of those years. I will give you Oneil and Gasol but the rest were fillers. As it is right now I still feel it's just Kobe and Gasol. I don't consider Bynum a star.. please don't bring up Odom because he had one great year with us.

There IS a double standard amongst Kobe and Lebron. Kobe hands down is the MAN in bball. 16 years in and he is still making rookies and vets look stupid on the court even with torn ligaments in his wrist. See... Here is the difference... Kobe plays hurt/sick... Kobe takes all the risk and receives all the rewards and criticism. After getting bounced out of the playoffs Kobe didn't wear a shirt that stated "Check My Stats" like Lebron did...Instead he worked on his game even hiring Hakeem to work on some new moves. Kobe is not afraid to take the first shot, last shot, or go to the line to make an important freethrow. Kobe has the hunger that most NBA players don't have. Kobe has higher standards set for his team and the players that surround him, even more so than some coaches in the league.

To bring up Kobe and his cheating ways is stupid when we are talking about basketball. The hottest wives/girlfriends are sometimes the biggest bit ches to keep happy... To bring up the case that was settled out of court in Colorado?? There is no need to.. Kobe showed everyone that no matter what the issues were in his personal life he was not going to allow it to affect him on the court. He played better than anyone else during that time. As it is he is going through some rough personal times with the divorce and is still 3rd or 4th in the league in scoring. Any of these personal issues would have easily been detrimental to most NBA players with weak minds.

Kobe really is a living legend in the NBA. So as Kobe would say "GET OVER IT"!! Hawkeye stay off the TMZ website...

Miami Heat
01-07-2012, 05:35 AM

this

everyone knows it true

kblo247
01-07-2012, 05:44 AM
Phil Jackson
Rick Fox
Brian Shaw
Derek Fisher
Ron Harper
Andrew Bynum
blah
blah
blah

Man, Hawkeye come off that ****.

Barkely - Dr.J, Cheeks, Moses, KJ, Hakeem, Pippen
Jordan- Pippen, Rodman, Horace, Kerr, Kukoc, Harper,
Nash - Amare, Marion, Joe, Q, Hill, Finley, Dirk, Van Exel, Walker, Jamison
Shaq - Penny, Wade, Van Exel, Jones, Rice, Kobe, Horace, Karl, Gary, Zo, Nash, Amare, LeBron

Difference s he said it himself, you give him a all star piece and he wins. He wins.

And you can't argue with the logic of this statement:
'I've won 5 titles and been to 7 finals doing it this way, why change now? Anyone else have that kind of resume? ****, don't tell me what to do."

If no one in the league has has won more by doing it the "right way" then maybe what they are doing is the wrong way

JayW_1023
01-07-2012, 06:19 AM
Kobe's shot selection has gave me headaches over the years, but he is still the only player in uniform who shows up every game. His mentality is still why the Lakers are good. He not only holds the players around him accountable, but also himself.

He even admitted today he shot the ball too much.

Heatcheck
01-07-2012, 01:07 PM
Man, Hawkeye come off that ****.

Barkely - Dr.J, Cheeks, Moses, KJ, Hakeem, Pippen
Jordan- Pippen, Rodman, Horace, Kerr, Kukoc, Harper,
Nash - Amare, Marion, Joe, Q, Hill, Finley, Dirk, Van Exel, Walker, Jamison
Shaq - Penny, Wade, Van Exel, Jones, Rice, Kobe, Horace, Karl, Gary, Zo, Nash, Amare, LeBron

Difference s he said it himself, you give him a all star piece and he wins. He wins.

And you can't argue with the logic of this statement:
'I've won 5 titles and been to 7 finals doing it this way, why change now? Anyone else have that kind of resume? ****, don't tell me what to do."

If no one in the league has has won more by doing it the "right way" then maybe what they are doing is the wrong way

Yea i can, he won because he had shaq in his prime and then 3 7fters cleaning up his mess, he single handedly screwed up that finals against the pistons doing this same ****.

They said it right on TV last night, he needs to get bynum involved in the game first and open up the floor for him to get easier shots. he's not doing his team any favors just chucking up everything.

if anyone has the talent to pull it off healthy, its him, but not with so many injuries.

NFLNBA
01-07-2012, 01:21 PM

Who else is gonna shoot the ball for the Lakers? They have the worst backcourt players besides himself lol Fisher washed up and done, Blake is garbage, Kapano can only shoot set shots as Kobe's back up and thats it they have no one else!

And to do with the Lebron comment Kobe is a scorer and SG Lebron is more of a playmaker who relies on his athleticism. Wade is that teams scorer but Lebron def has a lot more trust cause he has better players around him. Lakers have GREAT bigs in Bynum and GAsol but the Hheat have WAY better scorers shooters

Hellcrooner
01-07-2012, 01:23 PM
Who else is gonna shoot the ball for the Lakers? They have the worst backcourt players besides himself lol Fisher washed up and done, Blake is garbage, Kapano can only shoot set shots as Kobe's back up and thats it they have no one else!

And to do with the Lebron comment Kobe is a scorer and SG Lebron is more of a playmaker who relies on his athleticism. Wade is that teams scorer but Lebron def has a lot more trust cause he has better players around him. Lakers have GREAT bigs in Bynum and GAsol but the Hheat have WAY better scorers shooters

Both Pau and Bynum can use more touches for sure.

ManningToTyree
01-07-2012, 01:42 PM
I love Kobe

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-07-2012, 01:45 PM
Both Pau and Bynum can use more touches for sure.

Then Pau should pass less.

cubbies7177
01-07-2012, 02:07 PM

Kobe's earned it with 5 rings.

Honestly, on this current LAL team, the highest % chance to score is likely Kobe's jumpshot. They don't have a true PG to distribute and make their new players all that much better, so I don't see why a team wouldn't go with their highest % score, which is Kobe.

Heatcheck
01-07-2012, 02:10 PM
Kobe's earned it with 5 rings.

Honestly, on this current LAL team, the highest % chance to score is likely Kobe's jumpshot. They don't have a true PG to distribute and make their new players all that much better, so I don't see why a team wouldn't go with their highest % score, which is Kobe.

The fact that youve won 5 rings doesnt give you an automatic 6 point lead to start the game. in the present, its not working

If Kobe is so great, he should be able to find a way to get 2 very offensively capable 7 footers involved in the game. I doubt a contested jumper is the best chance of scoring.

Hawkize31
01-07-2012, 02:34 PM
My buddy told me his theory yesterday, and i makes some sense to be honest. He thinks Kobe realizes the championship window is either closed, or a lot smaller, and now all Kobe is trying to do is catch Jordan in points. Idk if its true, but I don't how you can be as smart about basketball as Kobe is, and think chucking it non-stop will help your team.

Heatcheck
01-07-2012, 02:41 PM
My buddy told me his theory yesterday, and i makes some sense to be honest. He thinks Kobe realizes the championship window is either closed, or a lot smaller, and now all Kobe is trying to do is catch Jordan in points. Idk if its true, but I don't how you can be as smart about basketball as Kobe is, and think chucking it non-stop will help your team.

exactly. he's been doing this too long to seriously think he'll win that way. ESPECIALLY if his body is as F'ed up as "sources" say.

thekmp211
01-07-2012, 02:52 PM
exactly. he's been doing this too long to seriously think he'll win that way. ESPECIALLY if his body is as F'ed up as "sources" say.

uh i mean im not the guy to go "rings" but... "rings"?

he's done just fine playing like this.

i think it's funny that he doesn't even care about media pandering anymore. and that it has somehow made him more genuine and endearing because we all know he's a prick in real life. i laughed.

rasajr23
01-07-2012, 02:54 PM

Tell your buddy that Kobe is only 33 years old. Yes, he has been in the league for 16 years but he still has 3-4 solid years left and about 2-3 decent years after that. The window is not "alot smaller/closed". Not sure about you guys but I don't think Kobe cares about the points scored. I'm sure he cares more about the rings. I think he would be happy with just getting ahead of Shaq.

ALL TIME LEADERS: POINTS
PLAYER Points:
1. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 38,387
2. Karl Malone 36,928
3. Michael Jordan 32,292
4. Wilt Chamberlain 31,419
5. Shaquille O'Neal 28,596
6. Kobe Bryant 28,118

Heatcheck
01-07-2012, 03:06 PM
uh i mean im not the guy to go "rings" but... "rings"?

he's done just fine playing like this.

i think it's funny that he doesn't even care about media pandering anymore. and that it has somehow made him more genuine and endearing because we all know he's a prick in real life. i laughed.

but like i said earlier, that was then, with the most dominant player down low either getting rebounds or making way for the PF to get rebounds, or with 3 very good rebounding 7fters. now you have one less and there will be stretches wher youll only have one elite rebounder out there.
The most important thing about this situation now, is that Kobe is supposedly very hurt, one thing is a healthy Kobe taking shot after shot, and another is someone who reportedly has no cartilage left in his knee, who so banged, taking tough shot after tough shot.

Heatcheck
01-07-2012, 03:12 PM
^
Players who havent played 1200+ games start to decline naturally at 32, and this guy has years of wear and tear. plus the knee problems, you really think he has "3-4 solid years left"? and play until he's 39 40? I think your being unrealistic. plus he's a gaurd, not a big man, he needs to be mobile, in a young mans game..

Doogolas
01-07-2012, 03:15 PM

Honestly, I think it's pretty simple: People have gotten over the fact that Kobe is a giant *******, Kobe knows it, the league knows it and the fans know it. But he's won, so whatever.

LeBron, for me at least, is the most frustrating player ever. Because there's NO REASON he should be such an insufferable little *****. If he just shut his mouth, didn't act like a ******** monkey and hell, if he just acted like a dick instead of a child, he'd be so marketable and likable. But without fail the man manages to do something obnoxious every other month. There is no reason he should not be loved. The man is amazing. He doesn't break the law. He doesn't cheat on his wife. As you pointed out. But he's so frustrating because he acts like an immature ******* all the time.

At least that's my problem with him. With Kobe, it's all old news. It's not worth caring anymore. But I really would like to like LeBron James, he just makes it impossible. With Kobe, I respect him as a player and accept he's a *******. So it's easy to like him.

Hawkeye15
01-07-2012, 03:31 PM
Honestly, I think it's pretty simple: People have gotten over the fact that Kobe is a giant *******, Kobe knows it, the league knows it and the fans know it. But he's won, so whatever.

LeBron, for me at least, is the most frustrating player ever. Because there's NO REASON he should be such an insufferable little *****. If he just shut his mouth, didn't act like a ******** monkey and hell, if he just acted like a dick instead of a child, he'd be so marketable and likable. But without fail the man manages to do something obnoxious every other month. There is no reason he should not be loved. The man is amazing. He doesn't break the law. He doesn't cheat on his wife. As you pointed out. But he's so frustrating because he acts like an immature ******* all the time.

At least that's my problem with him. With Kobe, it's all old news. It's not worth caring anymore. But I really would like to like LeBron James, he just makes it impossible. With Kobe, I respect him as a player and accept he's a *******. So it's easy to like him.

To me, that is one of the more logical explanations I have ever heard regarding the matter. Kudos.

However, if I see two things that are exactly alike, I tend to judge them both the same. Just because this black pot pours tea and this one pours water doesn't make them the same damn thing.

Heatcheck
01-07-2012, 03:49 PM

Id say he's pretty damn marketable as it is.

And if he acts like a immature ******* child like you say, maybe its cuz people have been pulling on his nuts since he was 16, when most of us are trying to figure out how to fit in, theyre putting him on the cover of SI calling him the next great player, then chanting his name at MSG while he drops 50 pts on them, has people running on to the court like groupies to tell him how much they love him and so on.
He's been raised in a society where people act as if athletes, (who are where they are because of their physical attributes, the majority of which don't have to work half as hard as the rest to gain, [just ask tyrus thomas] and their ability to PLAY A GAME , not solve issues or help others, or discover new things) are Gods. and that goes for artists and pretty B.itches who have nothing to offer this world except their looks, yet we find these people fascinating enough to spend hours watching them on TV and "following them" on twitter. This is the monster we have created.

Hawkeye15
01-07-2012, 03:53 PM
Id say he's pretty damn marketable as it is.

And if he acts like a immature ******* child like you say, maybe its cuz people have been pulling on his nuts since he was 16, when most of us are trying to figure out how to fit in, theyre putting him on the cover of SI calling him the next great player, then chanting his name at MSG while he drops 50 pts on them, has people running on to the court like groupies to tell him how much they love him and so on.
He's been raised in a society where people act as if athletes, (who are where they are because of their physical attributes, the majority of which don't have to work half as hard as the rest to gain, [just ask tyrus thomas] and their ability to PLAY A GAME , not solve issues or help others, or discover new things) are Gods. and that goes for artists and pretty B.itches who have nothing to offer this world except their looks, yet we find these people fascinating enough to spend hours watching them on TV and "following them" on twitter. This is the monster we have created.

you couldn't be more right.

MickeyMgl
01-07-2012, 04:09 PM
hahaha oh kobe. he will never get it will he.

:eyebrow:
What it takes to win?

Doogolas
01-07-2012, 04:13 PM
I don't care what the reason for him acting the way he acts is. That has nothing to do with how I feel about it. And yes, he is incredibly marketable now. I'm not stupid. But he could own the NBA the way Jordan is with how incredible the man is. But he doesn't. Because he's hard to be in love with due to his incredible immaturity. He can't accept things and at least pretend to grow up and be serious. Yeah, it's a game. And yes, he's had his nuts sucked on every day of his life since he was about 14 years old. But I can't respect him because he makes it impossible with his buffoonery. If he wants to goof around and be silly I really wouldn't mind that. I LOVE Chad Johnson. Love him. Because he knew he was an entertainer. He was well aware of his shenanigans. But the acting like an idiot and then turning around and going, "Huh? What'd I do?" Takes it from, "Oh silly LeBron" to obnoxious and frustrating.

I want to see LeBron choose what he wants to be and then own it. Kobe chose to be a giant *******. But he doesn't care. I can respect that. I might think he's a total dickbag, but I can respect that he accepts his role and doesn't try to be like, "Nah, I'm not like that. I'm a great human being." Then two months later do something douchey.

I'm basically repeating myself, and it might not be fair to LeBron. But I expect things out of public figures, especially the really, really, really big ones like him. I want to root for them, even if I disagree with a lot of the **** they do, I want to root for them. But to do that I have to be able to respect them and he makes that impossible for me. And he has no real reason to because he's clearly a likable person if he'd stop being an immature twat. Again, despite why he is.

MickeyMgl
01-07-2012, 04:19 PM

That's probably why Lebron is still seeking his first ring. Because of a misguided conception that "team player" means you have to share the ball equally, even at times when the best thing you can do for your team is to keep scoring. Kobe IS a team player, inasmuch as he'll do whatever it takes to win. If all is going smoothly, he takes fewer shots. When the team is struggling, he'll get more aggressive. He is mostly effective at making these decisions, but most people don't pay attention until he has a 6-24 game.

Kobe's a team player to the tune of five championships and seven trips to the Finals.

beliges
01-07-2012, 04:28 PM

Because the Lakers win championships with Kobe playing the way he does. LBJ, not so much. And a team player? If you watch Laker games it would be very easy to understand why Kobe shoots a lot. He is the ONLY one on the Lakers that can create his own shot. With him out of the lineup, the Lakers cant find ways to score. I really dont understand why people are hating on Kobe for this again. I mean look, if the dude was costing his team games its one thing. But the dude has won more than anybody else in this era and more than pretty much anyone in the history of the league outside of a handful of players. This isnt some high school game where everyone is supposed to get a touch. This is the NBA. A team player is one who does whats best for his team. Kobe, well, hes the ultimate team player in the sense that he does whats best for his team to win. His way of doing things is more successful than anyone else's way of doing things currently in the league. Its fascinating how people comment on things they simply dont understand.

lakers4sho
01-07-2012, 04:28 PM
Kobe tells his haters to look at his rings.
LeBron tells his haters to "check my $tat$"

there's the difference

beliges
01-07-2012, 04:33 PM
^
Players who havent played 1200+ games start to decline naturally at 32, and this guy has years of wear and tear. plus the knee problems, you really think he has "3-4 solid years left"? and play until he's 39 40? I think your being unrealistic. plus he's a gaurd, not a big man, he needs to be mobile, in a young mans game..

You act like its some regular player. Its Kobe Bryant. Hes actually improved from last season so far this year. He has another 2 years left on his contract and will play at pretty much this level for that long. The dude is the most skilled player in the world. Hes already way out of his prime and is averaging 27-6-5 right now I believe. Believe me, while the Lakers have a pretty crappy roster this season, Kobe will continue to be one of the top players in the league and will do so until he retires. Youre talking about one of the top 6-7 players to ever play the sport.

beliges
01-07-2012, 04:34 PM
Kobe tells his haters to look at his rings.
LeBron tells his haters to "check my $tat$"

there's the difference

Lebron's a team player who cant lead his team to championships and Kobes a ball hog whose won more than anyone else in his era.

Heatcheck
01-07-2012, 04:44 PM
That's probably why Lebron is still seeking his first ring. Because of a misguided conception that "team player" means you have to share the ball equally, even at times when the best thing you can do for your team is to keep scoring. Kobe IS a team player, inasmuch as he'll do whatever it takes to win. If all is going smoothly, he takes fewer shots. When the team is struggling, he'll get more aggressive. He is mostly effective at making these decisions, but most people don't pay attention until he has a 6-24 game.

Kobe's a team player to the tune of five championships and seven trips to the Finals.

but in this case, being more aggressive is obviously not helping nor is it the answer, as per the results, he's not that kobe anymore. he needs to get bynum more involved, and like the guy uptop said, pau needs to stop passing so much.

Heatcheck
01-07-2012, 04:51 PM
You act like its some regular player. Its Kobe Bryant. Hes actually improved from last season so far this year. He has another 2 years left on his contract and will play at pretty much this level for that long. The dude is the most skilled player in the world. Hes already way out of his prime and is averaging 27-6-5 right now I believe. Believe me, while the Lakers have a pretty crappy roster this season, Kobe will continue to be one of the top players in the league and will do so until he retires. Youre talking about one of the top 6-7 players to ever play the sport.

his body is made from the same stuff all the other players bodys are made from, its still an athletic competition and your skills are only as good as your body.

Its a very small sample size and while he's averaging 2pts 1reb and 1ast more per game he's shooting 41% (which is horrible) as opposed to 45% last year. he's at that age where your body starts breaking down rapidly, not little by little anymore, injuries and fatigue all take a much higher toll, to think this man will play at this level that long, i think is unrealistic.

6-7 players? slow down he might be top ten when he retires, might be.

Vinylman
01-07-2012, 04:56 PM
his body is made from the same stuff all the other players bodys are made from, its still an athletic competition and your skills are only as good as your body.

Its a very small sample size and while he's averaging 2pts 1reb and 1ast more per game he's shooting 41% (which is horrible) as opposed to 45% last year. he's at that age where your body starts breaking down rapidly, not little by little anymore, injuries and fatigue all take a much higher toll, to think this man will play at this level that long, i think is unrealistic.

6-7 players? slow down he might be top ten when he retires, might be.

wrong

43.8%

ClippersE.G
01-07-2012, 05:02 PM
The Lakers have

Matt Barnes
Steve Blake
Troy Muprhy
Luke Walton
Ron Artest (stinking it up)
Devin Ebanks

(aside from Walton) They are all getting heavy minutes... you really think Kobe is going to hope a bum like Matt Barnes scores 17 again? Blake double digits? The Warriors rendered bynum useless yesterday and he had no other choice than to score since Bynum kept getting stripped, turning the ball over or trying little butterly offensive moves of his that kept resulting in misses...

lowdown32
01-07-2012, 05:05 PM
Odom sucks.

:clap:

Hellcrooner
01-07-2012, 05:19 PM

Maybe.

dwilly4rilly
01-07-2012, 07:53 PM
There is no denying Kobe's greatness.....but if I saw him in public I would punch him right in his douchbag face then take the beating with a smile.

kblo247
01-07-2012, 08:02 PM
but like i said earlier, that was then, with the most dominant player down low either getting rebounds or making way for the PF to get rebounds, or with 3 very good rebounding 7fters. now you have one less and there will be stretches wher youll only have one elite rebounder out there.
The most important thing about this situation now, is that Kobe is supposedly very hurt, one thing is a healthy Kobe taking shot after shot, and another is someone who reportedly has no cartilage left in his knee, who so banged, taking tough shot after tough shot.

Who said he had no cartilage in his knee? The whole point of the freezing chamber and surgery was stem cells to stimulate growth and platelets to sooth inflammation and pain. He also repaired his ankle with stem cells and platelets. He paid the high cost to have that issue fixed. He's said that his knee is at 90-95% and the best it has been in years because the stem cells worked.

We can talk about it balance all we want, but Bynum is averaging 15 shots a game, which is more than Dwight Howard. He can't handle a double team, Mike Brown has even said it and Bynum admitted when he asked for tapes to see how to combat them after the past two games.

Pau is averaging 12 shots a game. That falls in line with him whole time in LA and in Memphis. In fact his career average is 12 and career high is 14 per which he has never duplicated. It isn't that he doesn't get touches, he holds the balls, passes the ball, and swings it against the clock to be bailed out and not ruin his percentage. You can look at the Portland game the other night where he was holding the ball at the point line for 5 seconds and threw it to Kobe who was running back to the other end and was 27 feet out to chuck a shot clock beater. He just isn't the guy who is aggressive enough to take 15-20 shots a game because it requires pounding and fighting through doubles. He does get 3-4 times the amount of touches than actual shots though.

Fish's minutes are a low for him as a starter as are his 3 point attempts in this offense. The SF spot has been a window, which I hope Matt is just given point blank. Black Luke can't even get off the floor with regularity and likes to throw bricks from 3. Blake has been good but he is looking for his now which is still better than being timid and McRoberts was good but has been out with turf toe. Murphy and Kapono also seem scared to shoot which is weird for shooters as they are passing up open ones. Ebanks got benched for standing and watching too much according to Mike Brown

Rather people like the statement or not, Kobe said the truth. There is no model in the current NBA for you to say this wins better than him. There isn't a player. There isn't a way to play. There isn't even a facilitator as he has been the playmaker on more title teams than NAsh, Kidd, Paul, Deron, Rondo, Bron and so on combined. After 5 rings and 7 titles and being the primary playmaker and a top scorer on every team, maybe he just knows how to win and has earned the right to approach the game that way which has won for him

kblo247
01-07-2012, 08:03 PM
The Lakers have

Matt Barnes
Steve Blake
Troy Muprhy
Luke Walton
Ron Artest (stinking it up)
Devin Ebanks

(aside from Walton) They are all getting heavy minutes... you really think Kobe is going to hope a bum like Matt Barnes scores 17 again? Blake double digits? The Warriors rendered bynum useless yesterday and he had no other choice than to score since Bynum kept getting stripped, turning the ball over or trying little butterly offensive moves of his that kept resulting in misses...

From now on Ron is known as Black Luke.

Hell Luke couldn't not be worse from the perimeter or defend worse

NYtilIdie
01-07-2012, 08:16 PM
I love it how horrible Metta World Peace is, he sucks so bad he does that stupid *** kissing biceps s**t every time he makes a shot because its so rare.

Geargo Wallace
01-07-2012, 08:26 PM

Maybe everyone should pass less so that the Lakers could look like the Wizards.