PDA

View Full Version : Charles Barkley Forgets Cameras Are Rolling, Trashes Weight Watchers

MetroMan
01-06-2012, 02:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOAPL5Td7uo&feature=player_embedded

"I'm not giving away no free money Kev," Barkley told Harlan. "I thought this was the greatest scam going--getting paid for watching sports. This Weight Watchers thing is a bigger scam."

Barkley and Harlan then went on to trash the Hawks.

"I can't stand watching this Atlanta Hawks team play," Barkley said.

"This game is terrible," added Harlan. "Look at this team--31% [shooting], God almighty!"

Miller was the only one of the three that didn't have anything bad to say about the Hawks, but Barkley kept going.

"The Hawks aint got nothing but a bunch of nice guys," Barkley continued. "If I were the Hawks, they're the team to me I'd try to anything to get Dwight Howard. Say 'you can have anybody on our team.'"

Wow

MountainDew
01-06-2012, 02:16 PM

"I'm not giving away no free money Kev," Barkley told Harlan. "I thought this was the greatest scam going--getting paid for watching sports. This Weight Watchers thing is a bigger scam."

"This game is terrible," added Harlan. "Look at this team--31% [shooting], God almighty!"

Miller was the only one of the three that didn't have anything bad to say about the Hawks, but Barkley kept going.

"The Hawks aint got nothing but a bunch of nice guys," Barkley continued. "If I were the Hawks, they're the team to me I'd try to anything to get Dwight Howard. Say 'you can have anybody on our team.'"
Wow

I actually would probably agree with this .. you can rebuild a solid team around Howard with his buddy Josh Smith or Horford / Joe Johnson ..
This team is always a 2nd round exit anyways, I would absolutely try to push for Dwight

Mitchell133
01-06-2012, 02:18 PM
Gotta love Chuck, but he should be a little bit more careful.

SeoulBeatz
01-06-2012, 02:19 PM
Lol at least he was being honest.

I too agree, that Atlanta Hawks team isn't what they're touted to be.

Joe Johnson making 120,000,000???? Are you kidding me? He was useless yesterday, he already looks like his best days are waaay behind him.

I like Jeff Teague and Josh Smith, but the rest of the roster has got to go.

MountainDew
01-06-2012, 02:21 PM
Lol at least he was being honest.

I too agree, that Atlanta Hawks team isn't what they're touted to be.

Joe Johnson making 120,000,000???? Are you kidding me? He was useless yesterday, he already looks like his best days are waaay behind him.

I like Jeff Teague and Josh Smith, but the rest of the roster has got to go.

Ivan Johnson outplayed Joe Johnson IMO

John Walls Era
01-06-2012, 02:22 PM
What did people expect? Barkley is an idiot. Thank god he got basketball talent. Still funny though.

310Casper
01-06-2012, 02:25 PM
I wish things like this were filmed and aired. I love behind-the-scenes honesty, especially from guys like charles.

The Ooh Child
01-06-2012, 02:25 PM
He didn't really trash Weight Watchers. He's basically just saying it feels like he is scamming Weight Watchers, because he is getting paid to lose weight. That is why he compared it to his gig at TNT.

He isn't calling the Weight Watchers program a scam, he is saying he is scamming Weight Watchers. It just sounded worse, because he is so dumb. God I love Chuck

static_inferno
01-06-2012, 02:26 PM
I think the top comment on that video is right. All he's saying is he can't believe he's getting paid for losing weight. In essence, he's "scamming" weight watchers since most people pay them to lose weight.

I thought this video was great just to see these guys when they think the cameras aren't rolling. Kevin Harlan commenting on such a bad game saying "God Almighty!" was hilarious. I wonder what he felt like by the end of the game.

smith&wesson
he is not an idiot. he is right! if you want to lose weight eat healthy and exercise.

John Walls Era
****ing b****** (white hand) had to quickly remind them they were live. Wish he wouldve gone on. And yeah ww is probably a scam... I recommend self discipline.

THE GIPPER
01-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Ivan

MiamiWadeCounty
01-06-2012, 02:30 PM

It seems like he was referring to the fact that he is getting paid to lose weight and do weight watchers, not that weight watchers scams people out of their money.

knicks_champ
01-06-2012, 02:34 PM
He didn't really trash Weight Watchers. He's basically just saying it feels like he is scamming Weight Watchers, because he is getting paid to lose weight. That is why he compared it to his gig at TNT.

He isn't calling the Weight Watchers program a scam, he is saying he is scamming Weight Watchers. It just sounded worse, because he is so dumb. God I love Chuck

This.

xBLAMEITON24x
01-06-2012, 02:35 PM
yea he wasnt really calling weight watchers a scam he was saying getting paid every week to lose 2lbs when hes already lost 38 is a scam so all he had to do is show up to collect a check still funny video i rather watch barkley uncut then inside the nba anyday.

Geargo Wallace
01-06-2012, 02:36 PM
I've been thinking that they should entertain a Howard for Johnson + fillers trade.

beasted86
01-06-2012, 02:41 PM
I think the top comment on that video is right. All he's saying is he can't believe he's getting paid for losing weight. In essence, he's "scamming" weight watchers since most people pay them to lose weight.

I thought this video was great just to see these guys when they think the cameras aren't rolling. Kevin Harlan commenting on such a bad game saying "God Almighty!" was hilarious. I wonder what he felt like by the end of the game.

A couple people here get it.

Dolfan305
01-06-2012, 02:43 PM
What do people expect? Barkley is a moron. If it weren't for his basketball talent, he'd be mopping floors in the arena instead of broadcasting games in it.

smith&wesson
01-06-2012, 02:45 PM
What do people expect? Barkley is a moron. If it weren't for his basketball talent, he'd be mopping floors in the arena instead of broadcasting games in it.

are you upset because you have no basketball talent ?

FriedTofuz
01-06-2012, 02:48 PM
terrible! * in barkley voice*

pd1dish

i agree. weight watchers is perfectly healthy. portions just arent that big so you have to have some self control when it comes to how much you eat, so if you exercise at the same time, you will definitely lose weight.

but, nonetheless, still a funny conversation lol

PurpleJesus
haha, hilarious. But he isnt trashing weight watchers, he is talking about how he is getting paid to lose weight, and it feels like it is something he is getting paid for that he should do anyways.

Dolfan305
01-06-2012, 02:50 PM
are you upset because you have no basketball talent ?

Not sure what this has to do with anything. There is no denying that Barkley was a great basketball player but he's dumb as hell. He's not fluid when he speaks and has awful grammar. I'm just saying that if it weren't for his history in the NBA, he wouldn't be broadcasting games. BTW, I'd like to think i have a fair amount of basketball talent :D

ugadawgsfan17
01-06-2012, 02:56 PM

Wow
That isn't trashing anything...he's basically saying how amazing it is to get A. Paid to watch sports and B. Paid to lose weight.

John Walls Era
01-06-2012, 03:37 PM
Barkley is scamming Weight Watchers and Weight Watchers is scamming fat people. Its nothing that anyone with motivation and discipline can't do by themselves.

BKLYNpigeon
01-06-2012, 03:59 PM
haha, I wonder if we will still be seeing his commercials. Barkley has said and done worse. who cares.

bholly
01-06-2012, 04:13 PM
This wasn't about stupidity or him forgetting he was live. He wasn't supposed to be live at the time - Reggie and Kevin made the exact same mistake. This came from league pass broadband, where a lot of the time during timeouts you get arena video and sound instead of cutting to interviews or whatever. It isn't that uncommon at all to catch people talking when they're supposed to be off air.

It's a ****up by the producers, not by Charles.

LOOTERX9
01-06-2012, 04:18 PM
hahahahhaah!!!!!!!!

ElFuturoDeESPN
01-06-2012, 04:21 PM
Funniest ****in' thing I've heard/seen in a while. You slay me, Chuck.

D-Leethal
01-06-2012, 04:37 PM
I think Chuck had his first and last gig as a color commentator last night.

1) You can't understand a word the ****ing guy says
2) He treats it like a half time show, way too many jokes, lost sight of the game, rambled on about nothing during huge moments in a hotly contested game, and although the game was very close he basically just kept going on about how bad the game was, even *****ing and moaning at a 3rd OT.....I am sure Stern/Ted Turner loved that
3) Going on about his keeping his beer cold. It actually sounded like Chuck was getting drunker as the game went on.
4) Constant bashing of a team that likely has 10-15 more national TV appearances basically telling the casual fan 'Don't watch the Hawks'
5) Advertising of NFL games some of which directly interfere with NBA broadcasts. And after Kevin Harlan cut him short and basically said STFU Dumbass, he comes back 10 mins later and talks about 2 more games he wants to watch........keep in mind this was during a 1 point game in the 4th quarter and he was talking like the game wasn't even on

LeBron was right, Barkley is ****ing stupid. Sure, hes funny, like most fat guys who tell jokes and butcher the English language are funny, but the dude is a complete fool

Wade>You
01-06-2012, 04:39 PM
Bigger scam:

Taco Bell paying you to gain weight
Weight Watchers paying you to lose weight

I think Chuck had his first and last gig as a color commentator last night.

1) You can't understand a word the ****ing guy says
2) He treats it like a half time show, way too many jokes, lost sight of the game, rambled on about nothing during huge moments in a hotly contested game, and although the game was very close he basically just kept going on about how bad the game was, even *****ing and moaning at a 3rd OT.....I am sure Stern/Ted Turner loved that
3) Going on about his keeping his beer cold. It actually sounded like Chuck was getting drunker as the game went on.
4) Constant bashing of a team that likely has 10-15 more national TV appearances basically telling the casual fan 'Don't watch the Hawks'

LeBron was right, Barkley is ****ing stupid. Sure, hes funny, like most fat guys who tell jokes and butcher the English language are funny, but the dude is a complete foolAgreed, if it wasn't for the immature fans that like his commentary (a good chunk of NBA fans, tbh), this guy would be out of a job.

SportsAndrew25
01-06-2012, 05:14 PM
:laugh: Just hilarious.