PDA

View Full Version : Ken Berger talks about Dwight to the Knicks and the latest news on Dwight.

NYman15
01-06-2012, 10:06 AM
"We endured the Melodrama. We tolerated the CP3 fiasco. History may very well say that neither had anything on the Dwight Dilemma.

This is a nightmare facing the Orlando Magic, the possible and seemingly inevitable departure of Dwight Howard from central Florida to center stage somewhere else. Whether the Magic try to get a superstar, prospects and draft picks or simply keep Howard and dare him to take less money to leave, it already is shaping up to be a tenuous six weeks for the franchise that still hasn't lived down the loss of Shaquille O'Neal.

Rival executives say Magic GM Otis Smith has been keeping a low profile lately, and it doesn't appear that Howard is going anywhere soon. Sources said Howard's business and marketing reps engaged in a lengthy conference call this week to plan a party in Howard's honor during All-Star weekend in Orlando. They wouldn't be spending the money or expending the effort on such an extravaganza if Howard wasn't going to be representing the Magic in the All-Star Game in his home arena.

But here's the thing: The Magic might be able to make it through February with Howard, but not past the March 15 trade deadline. Not unless they're willing and prepared to watch him walk.

All the superstars in the recent conga line out of town have something in common: They got the team and city they wanted, and they got the max money, too. LeBron James got it in Miami, Carmelo Anthony got it in New York and Chris Paul got something in between; he got out of New Orleans and will have the chance to get max money from the Clippers if he wants to stay. With a new, more restrictive collective bargaining agreement, one of these stars with eyes for greener pastures eventually is going to have to put his money where his wanderlust is. One of them is going to have to stare at a big pile of money -- $25 to $30 million -- and pass it up on the way out of town.

Is Howard that guy? At 26, the fifth year and 3 percent more in raises that Orlando could offer him as a free agent next summer isn't as crucial as it sounds. This is especially true since, if Howard is still in Orlando the morning after the March 15 trade deadline, he'll know that he won't be able to do what James did to get to Miami. He won't be able to get max money in a sign-and-trade. And he can't do what Anthony did, because max money in an extend-and-trade is no longer an option in the new CBA.

If Howard wants to go to Dallas or Brooklyn, what difference would it make whether he made that additional $25 million in the last year of a five-year deal with Orlando or the first year of a new deal when he becomes a free agent again in 2016? As long as he stays healthy, the answer is simple: no difference.

If Howard wants to be a Laker, his only path there would be via trade. Would the Lakers give up Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum, who returned this week with three straight double-doubles and the first 20-20 game of his career? The Lakers say no, but that's easy to say in January when the trade deadline is in March. The Lakers very clearly are the wild card in the Howard scenario.

Rival execs are dubious that a Nets package centered around the injured Brook Lopez and first-round picks will be enough to entice Orlando. In that case, the Nets' bid to get a third team involved will be crucial to their efforts to add the one player who could persuade Deron Williams to embrace the organization and the move to Brooklyn. But with Williams' body language already suffering during the Nets' 1-6 start, observers say to be on the lookout for D-Will to soon lose his will to stay in New Jersey long enough to make it to the New York City boroughs.

"I don't think he feels it there," said a person who knows Williams and his tendencies well. "I could see him saying, 'I've got all the money. I can go back to Dallas. That's my home.' I don't see any spunk in his game right now. He's going through the motions."

This is where the Magic's nightmare scenario intersects with doomsday for the Nets. If the Magic elect not to trade Howard -- thus showing their fan base that they did everything in their power to keep him and he still wouldn't stay -- or trade him somewhere besides New Jersey, the Nets would be sunk. Having given up Derrick Favors, two first-round picks and Devin Harris for Williams, the Nets would be devastated if Williams passed up the money for a chance to return home to Dallas -- something those who know Williams say the headstrong point guard might just be bold enough to do.

Throw into the mix that with a couple of moves -- amnestying Brendan Haywood and buying out Lamar Odom -- the Mavs would have room for both Williams and Howard, and this cruel game of musical chairs could bring two franchises to their knees.

It's a tangled web, which we'll attempt to unravel in the rest of this week's Howard-heavy Postups:

A factor not to be dismissed in the Howard saga is his endorsement deal with Adidas. Top executives with the shoe company have made no secret of the fact that they'd like nothing more than to see Howard in either New York or Los Angeles. With fellow client Derrick Rose in Chicago, Howard would give Adidas a stronghold in two of the country's three biggest markets and the wherewithal to challenge Nike. "They'd love to corner those two markets," said a person connected to the sneaker industry. "They'd be in heaven, I can tell you that."

There are also indications that Brooklyn isn't viewed as the only avenue for Howard to give Adidas a foothold in New York. With the Knicks (2-4) off to an abysmal start -- losing at home to Toronto and Charlotte this week on the second night of back-to-backs for both substandard teams -- already there are rumblings of discord on the coaching staff. The confusion and lack of commitment to new defensive assistant Mike Woodson's schemes is painfully evident -- "We're trying to improvise on the fly, and you can't do that," defensive stalwart Tyson Chandler said -- as is the tenuous situation for head coach Mike D'Antoni. If the acquisition of Anthony last February wasn't evidence enough, the addition of Woodson has only underscored how D'Antoni's influence within the organization has waned. D'Antoni is coaching in the final year of his contract without an extension offer forthcoming, an issue that threatens to consume whatever momentum the Knicks built last season.

If the Knicks keep struggling, the focus will spread from the coaching to the roster, and sources advise not to be surprised if the notion of a possible deal sending Amar'e Stoudemire to Orlando for Howard gains traction. If the Magic opt to convert Howard into a superstar of reasonably comparable stature, they could do a lot worse than selling Stoudemire -- a central Florida native -- to their restless fan base. The biggest issue would be Stoudemire's uninsurable knees, but there is risk involved in every scenario Orlando will be presented with between now and March 15. From the Knicks' standpoint, such an arrangement would break up the ill-fitting offensive combo of Stoudemire and Anthony and allow the versatile Chandler to move to the power forward spot, where he'd be a terror as a weak-side shot blocker and in Stoudemire's spot as the roll man in D'Antoni's pick-and-roll offense. A deeper question exists in whether Madison Square Garden chairman James Dolan would sign off on trading Stoudemire, who was the only star willing to commit to the Knicks and embrace the challenges of New York in July 2010. For the aforementioned reasons, sources say it's plausible but unlikely that the Knicks and Orlando would be able to get any such talks off the ground. For one thing, it makes too much sense."

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/16737029/postups-how-will-the-howard-saga-end

29$JerZ
01-06-2012, 10:16 AM
Never happening
Orlando cants be so stupid to Swap Dwight with STAT and tell fans we are competitive.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-06-2012, 10:24 AM
If Otis would trade Dwight for Amare...:laugh2:

knicks_champ
01-06-2012, 10:26 AM
Not this again.... They like linking us to every player and the other fan base hates the Knicks like it's our fault.

RLundi
01-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Lol this will NEVER happen unless NY gives up Melo.

I still stay Otis keeps Dwight the whole year, make a run at a ring and just pray he stays.

PlezPlayDKnicks
01-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Worthless article. D12 wants no part on Ny and Orlando wants no part of Amare. They could easily sell Bynum who is younger and cheaper to the fan base

GMEN4EVER
01-06-2012, 10:33 AM
You're talking about the same franchise who had Rashard Lewis, Hedu, and Arenas all on their team. They have made some relatively dumb moves in the past, this would be a rather epic fail on their part, but hey, it's the NBA, crazy stuff happens.

With that said, it's not really note worthy yet. This is like a one in a million chance. And even then it'll probably involve us taking Hedu and giving them Chandler. It's just another fun idea in about a billion possibilities with player movement in the league.

theheatles
01-06-2012, 10:33 AM
amare is from the orlando area and may be sick and tired of new york citys taxes and not being the number 1 option, which he wants

Heatcheck
01-06-2012, 10:35 AM
^But whats the alternative? would you rather trade a ferrari for a lexus? or walk?

airronijordan
01-06-2012, 10:35 AM
I can only see this happening if Lakers dont offer a package of Bynum+Gasol for Dwight and if the Knicks offer a package of Amare, Chandler, Shumpert, and other fillers for Howard and Turk

But I don't think Dolan would ever agree to do that....I still see Dwight going to the Lakers

And if that piece about Deron Williams is true (that he's losing his interest in Brooklyn), that might mean that Dwight has told him lately that he (Dwight) is also losing interest in being a Net

quade36
01-06-2012, 10:46 AM
why trade for amare??? Why can't the Knicks trade for Dwight and still have Amare and Carmelo???

:facepalm:

sixer04fan
01-06-2012, 10:50 AM
^But whats the alternative? would you rather trade a ferrari for a lexus? or walk?

none of the above. trade a ferrari for young pieces and draft picks.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-06-2012, 10:57 AM
why trade for amare??? Why can't the Knicks trade for Dwight and still have Amare and Carmelo???

Iman for dwight

lvlheaded
01-06-2012, 10:59 AM
It won't happen but if it did im pretty sure every Net fan in the forum would jump off the Brooklyn Bridge

Slimsim
01-06-2012, 11:08 AM
Iman for dwight

trying to rip us off i see

CaptainClutch
01-06-2012, 11:09 AM
It won't happen but if it did im pretty sure every Net fan in the forum would jump off the Brooklyn Bridge

Call all the news outlets in NYC, get the cameras to the bridge and watch us fall lol

uprightciti
01-06-2012, 11:33 AM
honestly howard with chandler in the middle makes no sense

howard is a down low guy that cant shoot free throws and cant shoot from distance

amare at least can shoot from down town

Dankster
01-06-2012, 11:41 AM
If it were to happen (which it more than likely won't,) I'd assume it'd be centered around Amare and Tyson plus filler and picks for Howard and Ryan Andersen and an overpaid scrub to make contracts match up. I don't think the Knicks could obtain Dwight with just Amare as the centerpiece in the trade.

It's not the worst package Orlando would be taking. Stat for all his flaws is an All-Star and a top notch scorer, and Tyson is an excellent defensive big man. As Orlando's GM stated he wants veterans to come back to the team to keep them competitive for the nearby future, so offering that package doesn't seem too far fetched to me.

But the way Bynum has been looking, if LA decides to give up their twin towers I don't see anyone else in the league that can come up with a more competitive package than them.

rhymeratic
01-06-2012, 11:52 AM
Who has a worse knee.... Amare or Bynum.... I'd think I'd have to say Bynum.

Slimsim
01-06-2012, 12:01 PM
well at this point i would give up amare and chandler for Dwight and anyone else beside melo and shump

mavwar53
01-06-2012, 12:02 PM
Funny, the warriors making noise trying to get dwight and a knicks fan/writer has to bring their name up to make himself feel better.

Slimsim
01-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Funny, the warriors making noise trying to get dwight and a knicks fan/writer has to bring their name up to make himself feel better.

Then we fans get hated on because of it. Notice anyone star related Knicks are always involve

Denver-boy
01-06-2012, 12:13 PM
these knick fans talk hard game, but reality is they give up alot for howard, i remember when melo talks they said we were gonna not trade us gallo, wilson, and especially aint felton, they named abunch of scrubs. we got all the 3 and more...... they live in a pipe dream in the big city. they want durant and lebron for Iman and fields, but someone has to wake em up... ny fans always trying to make it seem everyone want to go there, MARK My WORDS HOWARDS NEVER GONNA BE A KNICK!!

Pierzynski4Prez
01-06-2012, 12:19 PM
these knick fans talk hard game, but reality is they give up alot for howard, i remember when melo talks they said we were gonna not trade us gallo, wilson, and especially aint felton, they named abunch of scrubs. we got all the 3 and more...... they live in a pipe dream in the big city. they want durant and lebron for Iman and fields, but someone has to wake em up... ny fans always trying to make it seem everyone want to go there, MARK My WORDS HOWARDS NEVER GONNA BE A KNICK!!

Umm, pretty sure most knicks fans know its not happening, as reflected by their posts in this thread.

P Styles
01-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Umm, pretty sure most knicks fans know its not happening, as reflected by their posts in this thread.

Thank you. Don't get me wrong I KNOW there were plenty of Knicks fans claiming we would get Carmelo for Bill Walker and Fields.. Then the same fans pretty much said we'd get Chris Paul for Bill Walker and Fields LOL.

Knicks fans give themselves the bad rep with their outlandish trade scenarious, and thoughts that everyone wants to come here. But writers like this add fuel to the fire. They provide ammo to the delusional fans.

There are actually some really knowledgable humble Knicks fans on this board but unfortunately they get overshadowed.

Hopefully after Denver ripping us off for Melo and CP3 going to LA for a nice package, reality has set in for some of these Knicks fans

king james
01-06-2012, 12:52 PM
What makes this guy think that if Orlando wanted both Bynum and Gasol, that they wouldn't want STATS and Chandler.

This is the deal that would get it done IMO.

Howard, Hedo to the knicks
For
Amare, Chandler and a 1st rd.

Knicks get the C they always wanted since Ewing left. Then u get the versatility of Hedo who could probably take off in D'Antonie's system.

Orlando gets hometown player with Amare, so u can still keep the ticket sells up and have someone that is still young enough to be the face of the franchise for years to come. Also u get a nice athletic C in Chandler that can continue to make the same defensive impact that Howard did, plus u stay competitive (personally I think they would get better) and u get rid of Hedo's contract. Sounds like a win win to me.

elonepb
01-06-2012, 01:10 PM
What a ridiculous bunch of dribble by Berger. He's proven to have very little insight into much of what is going on, especially with Deron. Are you serious with that source?

Someone familiar with his "tendencies"?? LOL! Same person thinks maybe he might possibly maybe could be go to Dallas maybe? Horrendous reporting by Hamburger.

If Dwight makes it to FA, he's a Net. No question about it, nowhere else is he going.

If Dwight gets traded, it'll be to whoever gives up the most. At the moment Bynum for Howard is the best 1 to 1 Orlando will get, but then Magic still stuck with Hedo. No way Lakers give up Bynum + Gasol.

So maybe Golden State for a rental? Or in the end, just like with Melo, Dwight gets what he wants and heads to the Nets for Lopez + Brooks + all the cap relief they need + 2012 lottery pick.

Knicks fans kept hammering everyone (and correctly) that Melo wanted to be a Knick, so he'll be a Knick. This despite Berger, Woj, and everyone else saying their package wasn't appealing. Now they are saying that about the Nets package.

Why is that theory changing now? He wants to be a Net so....

rapjuicer06
01-06-2012, 01:12 PM
What makes this guy think that if Orlando wanted both Bynum and Gasol, that they wouldn't want STATS and Chandler.

For

Knicks get the C they always wanted since Ewing left. Then u get the versatility of Hedo who could probably take off in D'Antonie's system.

Orlando gets hometown player with Amare, so u can still keep the ticket sells up and have someone that is still young enough to be the face of the franchise for years to come. Also u get a nice athletic C in Chandler that can continue to make the same defensive impact that Howard did, plus u stay competitive (personally I think they would get better) and u get rid of Hedo's contract. Sounds like a win win to me.

That first round pick is useless. Howard makes that team better, even while losing Amare and Chandler. It'd take a little more than a first round pick. Shumpert would likely have to be included instead of that worthless first round pick

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-06-2012, 01:14 PM

For

horrible, 2 terrible contracts for dwight smh

Slimsim
01-06-2012, 01:15 PM
That first round pick is useless. Howard makes that team better, even while losing Amare and Chandler. It'd take a little more than a first round pick. Shumpert would likely have to be included instead of that worthless first round pick

How about fields and toney Douglas along with balkman weed supply

Slimsim
01-06-2012, 01:16 PM

Every trade is horrible if bynum isn't involve right ?

KnickaBocka.44
01-06-2012, 01:22 PM

If those two contracts are terrible, then what word describes Hedo Turkoglu's contract? Because anyone who gets Dwight is also going to have to take on the worst contract in the deal, regardless.

babyang04
01-06-2012, 01:36 PM
The Knicks have opened talks that would send Amare Stoudemire to Orlando in a swap to rent Dwight Howard, according to hoopshype.com

Greet
01-06-2012, 01:41 PM
lol'd if the Magic take that terrible contract.

smith&wesson
01-06-2012, 01:42 PM
i can see chandler and stat for howard and hedo.

oak2455
01-06-2012, 01:42 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/06/video-report-knicks-willing-to-trade-stoudemire-to-rent-howard/

ohhhh boy:facepalm:

1_team_1_dream
01-06-2012, 01:43 PM
lol'd if the Magic take that terrible contract.

link?

PC
01-06-2012, 01:43 PM
The Knicks have opened talks that would send Amare Stoudemire to Orlando in a swap to rent Dwight Howard, according to hoopshype.com

Seems like they're piggybacking Berger's report more than anything. In my opinion, the whole thing sounds highly doubtful

oak2455
01-06-2012, 01:46 PM
link?

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/06/video-report-knicks-willing-to-trade-stoudemire-to-rent-howard/

Young and Stupid
01-06-2012, 01:48 PM
I would mock Knicks fans for buying into this nonsense, but it is Otis Smith we're talking about -- you never know what could happen.

I'll stick with my original prediction that the Magic will hold onto Howard for the duration of the season and test his ability to walk away from the team.

sep11ie
01-06-2012, 01:49 PM

That would be the smallest mass suicide ever.

oak2455
01-06-2012, 01:50 PM
He's gonna be a laker:D

Pierzynski4Prez
01-06-2012, 02:01 PM
If those two contracts are terrible, then what word describes Hedo Turkoglu's contract? Because anyone who gets Dwight is also going to have to take on the worst contract in the deal, regardless.

Chandler's new contract is far worse than Hedo's.

NYman15
01-06-2012, 02:10 PM
I don't see him ending up in NY with the Knicks.

knicks=love
01-06-2012, 02:14 PM
amar'e for dwight? i wouldn't do that for either side. i'd rather give tyson chandler cause what would be the reason for having two 7 footers?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Every trade is horrible if bynum isn't involve right ?

bynum is basically expiring

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-06-2012, 02:29 PM

ohhhh boy:facepalm:

dolan is panicking again

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-06-2012, 02:30 PM
He's gonna be a laker:D

If bynum remains healthy, then Jimmy wont trade him

knicks_champ
01-06-2012, 02:34 PM
dolan is panicking again

Lakers also.

Chill_Will_24
01-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Amare and Dwight would compliment each other so well. It would make so much more sense if NY offered Melo who is younger and a marketable scorer that they can build around. Chandler is untradeable with that contract so im guessing they could offer:

Chandler+Melo for Dwight+Turk

NY

Davis
Shumpert
Turkoglu
Stoudemire
Howard

ORL

Nelson
Reddick
Melo
Anderson
Chandler

shep33
01-06-2012, 02:40 PM
I don't get this deal for the Magic at all. Amare and Chandler are great players, but if your gonna take on their combined $143 mill, you have to stick with that for the next 4 years minimum. Consider that both those guys will be 30 later this year, they'll become nearly untradeable. Remember they came straight out of high school, so there is more wear and tear there than would be normal players.

Don't get why the Magic would do that deal.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-06-2012, 02:45 PM
Lakers also.

:confused:

Weezy
01-06-2012, 02:47 PM
:confused:

How is Dolan panicking?.. this is an absolute no-brainer for NY to pull. Not sure if Magic would though but we shall see.

Slimsim
01-06-2012, 02:47 PM
I don't get this deal for the Magic at all. Amare and Chandler are great players, but if your gonna take on their combined $143 mill, you have to stick with that for the next 4 years minimum. Consider that both those guys will be 30 later this year, they'll become nearly untradeable. Remember they came straight out of high school, so there is more wear and tear there than would be normal players.

Don't get why the Magic would do that deal.

The reason why this is being consider Magic owner don't want to rebuild and may have Otis pull the trigger. Chandler and Amare for Dwight isn't a fair trade but it isn't a rape neither

Slimsim
01-06-2012, 02:49 PM
Amare and Dwight would compliment each other so well. It would make so much more sense if NY offered Melo who is younger and a marketable scorer that they can build around. Chandler is untradeable with that contract so im guessing they could offer:

Chandler+Melo for Dwight+Turk

NY

Davis
Shumpert
Turkoglu
Stoudemire
Howard

ORL

Nelson
Reddick
Melo
Anderson
Chandler

Melo is untouchable. even for a more superior player like Dwight

lvlheaded
01-06-2012, 02:50 PM
It isn't going to happen. I'd be totally and utterly shocked to see this deal happen.

Nycbball08
01-06-2012, 02:50 PM
I wish were able to trade coaches like we're able to trade players...lol

Chill_Will_24
01-06-2012, 02:54 PM
Melo is untouchable. even for a more superior player like Dwight

Why?

FriedTofuz
01-06-2012, 02:54 PM
Never going to happen,as of right now the lakers have the best pieces to trade for howard, sorry knick fans, stat isnt going to cut it

Slimsim
01-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Why?

Hometown kid And we traded Everything for him

Slimsim
01-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Never going to happen,as of right now the lakers have the best pieces to trade for howard, sorry knick fans, stat isnt going to cut it

True but will lakers accept him as a rental ?

rapjuicer06
01-06-2012, 02:58 PM
True but will lakers accept him as a rental ?

lol you're joking right? Dwight wants to go to LA

Nycbball08
01-06-2012, 02:59 PM

Just like they had the best pieces foe cp3...?

ewmania
01-06-2012, 02:59 PM

exactly... and melo and amare are pretty close so im pretty sure this wont go down

and im also pretty sure when amare came here he knew melo was coming here aswell

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-06-2012, 03:02 PM
How is Dolan panicking?.. this is an absolute no-brainer for NY to pull. Not sure if Magic would though but we shall see.

wait a minute, are you thinking that magic are offering this:confused::laugh:

HOZ THE KNICK
01-06-2012, 03:07 PM
chandler for dwight straight up it's better than losing him for nothing.....now bait ppl?

Rockice_8
01-06-2012, 03:11 PM
Ken Berger = FAIL

Rather read Broussard and his nonsense at least it's entertaining.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-06-2012, 03:12 PM
chandler for dwight straight up it's better than losing him for nothing.....now bait ppl?

niiiice, franchise player for a role player

LongIslandIcedZ
01-06-2012, 03:14 PM
I mean if that article is true about Orlando being idiots and wanting veterans instead of youth and picks, then STAT and Chandler could work....Who am I kidding, this would never happen as awesome as it would be.

strahan92osi72
01-06-2012, 03:17 PM
I mean if that article is true about Orlando being idiots and wanting veterans instead of youth and picks, then STAT and Chandler could work....Who am I kidding, this would never happen as awesome as it would be.

Exactly. If Orlando wants vets, Stat is the most explosive vet out there, and Chandler's pretty good too. However, as a Knick fan the only way I'm trading Amare is if Dwight is definitely staying and signing an extension. If Dwight doesn't commit to the Knicks long term, get lost.

strahan92osi72
01-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Did it ever occur to any of you this could just be the Knicks trying to get Amare po'd and then he goes on a hot streak on the court?

rwynyc
01-06-2012, 03:27 PM
Because he has gone on how many hot streaks when playing defense?

Pierzynski4Prez
01-06-2012, 03:28 PM
Did it ever occur to any of you this could just be the Knicks trying to get Amare po'd and then he goes on a hot streak on the court?

It doesn't work that way.

strahan92osi72
01-06-2012, 03:29 PM
Because he has gone on how many hot streaks when playing defense?

How many 30+ point games has Howard ever had in a row, I'll wait.

strahan92osi72
01-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Some of you Knick fans crack me up, it's only 6 games and you're in full panic mode. Now you want Dwight, lol. You think he's gonna cure our problems? Last I checked, Dwight can't play PG.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-06-2012, 03:33 PM
How many 30+ point games has Howard ever had in a row, I'll wait.

Are you saying Amare>Dwight?

strahan92osi72
01-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Are you saying Amare>Dwight?

Offensively yes, defensively no. That being said I'd rather have Dwight, but it's not like Dwight is gonna cure the Knicks problems. And I'm sure as heck not trading Amare for a rental, I don't care if it's Dwight.

LOOTERX9
01-06-2012, 03:46 PM
Sign me up! Trade Amare for Dwight and knicks win title

strahan92osi72
01-06-2012, 03:50 PM
Sign me up! Trade Amare for Dwight and knicks win title

Howard doesn't plug any holes though, it's just a panic move. The holes on the Knicks right now are PG, SG, and head coach. Howard is not any of the 3.

HOZ THE KNICK
01-06-2012, 04:57 PM
get it done baby....

HOZ THE KNICK
01-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Howard doesn't plug any holes though, it's just a panic move. The holes on the Knicks right now are PG, SG, and head coach. Howard is not any of the 3.

davis and shump will clog those holes soon enough and i can't wait but the biggest hole is coach i hope the knicks offer phil jackson the farm.

SportsAndrew25
01-06-2012, 05:22 PM
Never happening
Orlando cants be so stupid to Swap Dwight with STAT and tell fans we are competitive.There was a thread here a couple of days ago which stated that the Magic's owner wanted good veterans in return for Dwight.

VillaMaravilla
01-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Offensively yes, defensively no. That being said I'd rather have Dwight, but it's not like Dwight is gonna cure the Knicks problems. And I'm sure as heck not trading Amare for a rental, I don't care if it's Dwight.

dude I respect you opinion but its not only trading Amare away its trading that contract, I dont know about you but I for one dont feel good knowing we are on the hook for 4 years roughly 80 million with a player that has has some serious injuries in his past and obviously the insurance companies didnt either

SportsAndrew25
01-06-2012, 05:23 PM
If there is any holes the Knicks need to plug, it is the back court and the head coaching positions.

VillaMaravilla
01-06-2012, 05:25 PM
Amare and Tsyons contract scare the hell out of me, if those 2 can get us Dwight you better bet Jimmy will be pulling that trigger at the end of the day it doesnt matter that fan x or fan y want or dont want to make this trade its on Jimmy and the owner of Orlando I guess time will tell if this rumor has any legs either way im good

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-06-2012, 05:35 PM
davis and shump will clog those holes soon enough and i can't wait but the biggest hole is coach i hope the knicks offer phil jackson the farm.

:laugh:

RLundi
01-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Lol at any chance the Knicks get Dwight for Chandler and/or Amar'e.

Evolution23
01-06-2012, 06:51 PM
Stern is going to **** block the knicks like he did with LA

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Stern is going to **** block the knicks like he did with LA

he cant

oak2455
01-06-2012, 07:12 PM
Lol at any chance the Knicks get Dwight for Chandler and/or Amar'e.

I don't think there is any truth to this but what makes you so sure?? are you a former GM:D

OrLMaGiK1
01-06-2012, 07:33 PM
Dwights best option is to stay in Orlando. With Anderson and Redick continuing to play tremendously well all we need is a good starting PG...Howard will realize this by summer time....why not wait until Turk and Duhans contracts come off the books? Besides if he stays will come to the magic kingdom

Evolution23
01-06-2012, 07:35 PM
he cant

it was a joke but I don't see the Knicks making the trade in the first place.

LOOTERX9
01-06-2012, 07:35 PM
Dwights best option is to stay in Orlando. With Anderson and Redick continuing to play tremendously well all we need is a good starting PG...Howard will realize this by summer time....why not wait until Turk and Duhans contracts come off the books? Besides if he stays will come to the magic kingdom

Dwight is leaving Orlando. It's over