PDA

View Full Version : PSDiscussion: The paradox of the blistering pace

DitchDat
01-06-2012, 08:54 AM
On the one hand, I'm really enjoying the NBA right now. In previous years, sometimes you had to wait 2 or 3 days for an insteresting matchup (depending on who is your favorite team).

This season we get 6 to 12 games EVERY NIGHT. Either your fave team is playing, one of your sleeper teams, an interesting rookie or sophomore,...

That's what I love about the condensed season.

However, I also see some negatives.

- some teams are not built for 66 games in 120-some days
- the schedules benefit some teams, this will affect the final standings
- minutes need to be managed carefully - I cringe when coaches fail to do this

So, to make this a legit thread: how does the schedule affect YOUR fave team? Is your team young or old? Sensible coach? Any horrific stretches of games? Do you play elite teams a lot or doormats?

Discuss and keep it respectful.

mikekhel.angot
01-06-2012, 09:05 AM
I was just thinking about this. I actually think it's great. But hey, this is coming from a guy who roots for a young team and only have one injury in the roster. Hypothetically, if the NBA adopt this kind of a schedule, we will see more of less star dominance era because of what it can bring to the player's body. That issue is what i'm really not sure of, but I think it might be nice when breaking records are not some of the most important arguments in the league when talking about who is better than who. It's like watching or playing pick up games, you can say who is better than who simply by just watching their games.

BULLSFAN0810
01-06-2012, 10:02 AM
Benefits the BULLS.CONDENSED season with a very deep team.Miami hasn't gotten better, they seem to fall off in the fourth and they can't break a zone defense.Every elite team is either old or traded someone away/or no go to guy /off or defensively weak.Basically it is almost in the bag.

Heater4life
01-06-2012, 10:32 AM
As a Heat fan i have noticed this condensed season has its share of pros and cons for my team.

In all honesty, i believe it slightly benefits Miami, but overall it is a double edged sword. It caries as many disadvantages for the players as it does advantages.

RLundi
01-06-2012, 10:39 AM
Not me, I LOVE it :D

Heater4life
01-06-2012, 10:44 AM
Benefits the BULLS.CONDENSED season with a very deep team.Miami hasn't gotten better, they seem to fall off in the fourth and they can't break a zone defense.Every elite team is either old or traded someone away/or no go to guy /off or defensively weak.Basically it is almost in the bag.

What did the Miami Heat have to do with your analysis on pace?

sixer04fan
01-06-2012, 11:03 AM
I like the fast paced season, mostly because I think it benefits my Sixers more than other teams. Teams with youth and depth, such as the Sixers/Blazers/Nuggets are going to thrive, while teams that are older with less depth such as the Celtics are going to struggle in the regular season.

But let's be honest, it's not about the regular season. While a team like the Celtics may be lower in the regular season standings than you would expect, you know they are going to be well rested and focused for a playoff run. That is their only train of thought right now. If resting Pierce/KG/Allen for a couple extra games here and there makes them suffer in the standings, they'll happily do it anyways to have them ready for playoffs.

justinnum1
01-06-2012, 11:42 AM

:laugh2:

GoPacers33
01-06-2012, 02:05 PM
I LOVE it too:clap:http://www.collegefun4u.com/track.php?u=5

me to