PDA

View Full Version : The Philadelphia 76ers

cbreezy34
01-06-2012, 04:19 AM
The Sixers will win the Atlantic Division and finish in the top 4 in the east. I am not the type to go out and make bold predicitions, nor am I an irrational homer (I thought the eagles were way overhyped coming into the year) I just believe with Doug Collins coaching this talented bunch the Sixers are a serious threat this season. For all the talk about the Pacers being the team on the rise in the East (their great don't get me wrong).... I believe the Sixers are the team with the strongest core of young players. Jrue Holiday, Evan Turner, Iggy, Lou Will, Thad Young, Spencer Hawes, Vuvecic are all in their low to mid 20's. With Jrue running the point, Iggy hitting the 3 ball, Hawes dramtically improved numbers,Vuvecic looking like a strong fluid rookie, lou will, turner, and young putting up 20 on any given night coming off the bench, the Sixers have their best team in years. With the Knicks lack of defense and the Celtics players aging and lack of depth, the Sixers young talent and deepest bench in the NBA are making the Sixers a scary team. Laugh, Hate, Diss this post all you want but true knowlegable fans know that youth, depth, and defense win NBA games and allow teams to make runs, the Sixers are 3-0 on the knicks in those categories and 2-1 on the Celtics in these catagories. Were about to make some noise.

Sadds The Gr8
01-06-2012, 04:29 AM
Not if my Raptors have anything to say about it.

bholly
01-06-2012, 04:32 AM
My main response is let's see how the season goes, and then talk about it.

As for specifics, Iggy's jumper has been horrendous - don't count on his 3P% so far to continue. It's also too early to say how Vucevic will produce, and it's highly possible Steve Hawes reverts to Spencer Hawes at any time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm quietly confident too, I just don't think we've done enough to be talking to other people about how great we're going to be just yet.

Cal827
01-06-2012, 04:32 AM
Yup, 2012 is the year of the Raptor, all day, erry day.

Kidding, tis the year of Paul George.

Philly will have a good chance.. since NY will likely take some time to mesh, Boston is old and will lose games due to fatigue and Philly's roster has been together since last year. I think them and Indiana fight for 4-5 seeds.

Wade>You
01-06-2012, 05:10 AM
Sleeping on the Sixers, can't believe I haven't had a chance to see them even with free league pass.

JDink24
01-06-2012, 05:21 AM
:pray:

Bulls_fan90
01-06-2012, 05:25 AM
Sleeping on the Sixers, can't believe I haven't had a chance to see them even with free league pass.

Same, haven't watched them once this season. Under the radar team.

John Walls Era
01-06-2012, 06:07 AM
Yea they could win because of the division.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-06-2012, 06:25 AM
Demar Derozan>Andre Iguodala
Andrea Bargnani>Spencer Hawes
Jose Calderon>Louis Williams

Raptors>Sixers.

And I'm not being a homer(I thought the Blue Jays would have been 4th in their division)

bholly
01-06-2012, 06:47 AM
I really don't want to get into Sixers arguments on here, but...

The Raptors starting PG is better than our backup, so the Raptors are better? Um, what?

Also lol at matching up the three guys where you think you're better, and ignoring that the Sixers' main strength is that they're deep and balanced - you left off Brand, Thad, Holiday (arguably our best player), ET, all of whom are probably better than the next guy on the Raptors.

NYKalltheway
01-06-2012, 06:53 AM
I think Philly will win the division too. Not sure if they can beat the Celtics in a 7 game series though(the team I see finishing 5th). I have Miami, Chicago battling for seeds 1 and 2, Atlanta 3, then it's pretty much open.

I love the depth the 76ers have, very crucial in basketball to have multiple usable players.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-06-2012, 07:20 AM
I really don't want to get into Sixers arguments on here, but...

The Raptors starting PG is better than our backup, so the Raptors are better? Um, what?

Also lol at matching up the three guys where you think you're better, and ignoring that the Sixers' main strength is that they're deep and balanced - you left off Brand, Thad, Holiday (arguably our best player), ET, all of whom are probably better than the next guy on the Raptors.

Now that you've realized how crazy my claims are, did you realize that I made those claims to mock this thread?

I understand the Sixers are a playoff team. But the Celtics and Knicks have played nearly half their games without a star player. Not to mention we are only about 6-7 games into the season.

Maybe we hold off till like the end of the month maybe?

bholly
01-06-2012, 07:25 AM
Now that you've realized how crazy my claims are, did you realize that I made those claims to mock this thread?

I considered it, but I couldn't see any of those types of arguments in the thread, didn't see much that was mock-worthy, and I don't know enough about your posting to know you aren't just crazy, so I thought it was real.

My bad.

I understand the Sixers are a playoff team. But the Celtics and Knicks have played nearly half their games without a star player. Not to mention we are only about 6-7 games into the season.

Maybe we hold off till like the end of the month maybe?

Absolutely.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-06-2012, 07:27 AM
I might as well add to the point that it seems as if he thinks Hawes can hold this throughout the year.

I mean he says the Sixers have defense, youth and depth and beats the Knicks and Celtics in those categories.

If we want to be technical, the Raptors are younger and are holding the opposing teams to 39% shooting this year with a lower points allowed while Sixers have only depth on them. Does that make the Raptors better?

We both agree that this thread is premature. So it would be wise to hold off.

bholly
01-06-2012, 07:33 AM
I think, based on your mock post, that we also agree beating a team in certain categories or matchups doesn't mean being a better team in the aggregate. The only way to see how it all comes together is to see how the games go.

So yeah.

PhillyFaninLA
01-06-2012, 07:48 AM
I'm going to say this.

I predicted them at 46 - 20 before the season started (in a thread on this site) because of 2 things.

1. I was a tad over zealous.
2. I saw what a team that started 3 - 13 to begin last season, go 38 - 28 to end the season, they played the Heat tough in the playoffs, and have young players in year 2 with a proven really good to great coach.

This Sixers team is 8 deep and young. This year they are playing almost as good of defense as last year, Turner is starting to put it together, Hawes has taken the next step, and Jrue Holiday offensively hasn't really put it together yet. 3 - 2 without a home game yet (first one is tonight, every other team has had at least 2).

Eagles710
01-06-2012, 08:50 AM
Well i will say this, nothing makes me happier then People Talking About The 76ers :)

ttam68
01-06-2012, 10:39 AM
I think any Sixer fan can tell you two things:

1. We'll make the playoffs.
2. Thats not good enough anymore.

Other than that the young guys could be real good and live up to expectations, or mediocre and do what they do every year.

sixer04fan
01-06-2012, 10:55 AM
Atlantic Division Champs, 3rd seed in the East. Put it on the board.

YoungOne
01-06-2012, 11:08 AM
I guess we will have to say something about this..

jerz89
01-06-2012, 11:11 AM
Not if my Raptors have anything to say about it.

this

The Ooh Child
01-06-2012, 11:13 AM
I am being thoroughly entertained by the Sixers so far this season, and I think our squad is competitive and dangerous, but pump the breaks fellas...

Theschrems101
01-06-2012, 11:17 AM
This is my first non Chicago thread I have ever posted in. I'm posting in here because its making me sick what I'm reading. I'm so Tired of Toronto fans in forums being the biggest Homers in all of sports. As a Bulls fan I will have to say 76'ers>>>Raptors and Matt Garza is a TORP.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-06-2012, 11:37 AM
This is my first non Chicago thread I have ever posted in. I'm posting in here because its making me sick what I'm reading. I'm so Tired of Toronto fans in forums being the biggest Homers in all of sports. As a Bulls fan I will have to say 76'ers>>>Raptors and Matt Garza is a TORP.

:laugh2: You have much to learn.

Which Raptors fan here was serious? Because most here are pretty much just mocking this thread and trolling.

Stick to Bulls thread.

thunderforce
01-06-2012, 11:53 AM

All I have to say is if you think you are hearing from Raptors fans too much now just wait til next year :D