PDA

View Full Version : I Was Wrong, ShaQ Ruins Inside The NBA

MetroMan
01-06-2012, 02:35 AM
At first I thought shaq joining the cast would be a blast. But instead his " YACK YACK" is so fkn annoying. Also his high pitched voice makes my teeth cringe.

The thing with shaq is that he visibly seems uncomfortable around certain subjects. Talking about Kobe, Dwight putting up numbers similar to him, or one of his flaws visibly makes him uncomfortable. The thing with Chuck and Kenny is that they can really laugh at themselves when being the butt of the joke

--23--
01-06-2012, 02:36 AM
Shaq has a high pitched voice?

Raps18-19 Champ
01-06-2012, 02:37 AM
I haven't seen him except for this. So I can't really agree with you but that part I saw was funny enough for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNDqAlqFzX0

ClippersE.G
01-06-2012, 02:37 AM
The Lakers lost, dont take it out on SHaq, hes great

Paul Westphal
01-06-2012, 02:38 AM
Well, since I am out of a job, I would be happy to take his place. I could really give great insight especially if it's about offense.

MetroMan
01-06-2012, 02:39 AM
The Lakers lost, dont take it out on SHaq, hes great

shaq is the best. Agreed, but I watch Inside the NBA alot lately. I just dont think shaq fits. He says Yack Yack alot which makes no sense. He also yells in a high pitched voice is a good replay happens.

grayski
01-06-2012, 02:43 AM
I agree also. He throws off the chemistry and tries too hard to bring something special or be funny. He is just annoying so far because he takes up Charles and Kenny's time.

heyman321
01-06-2012, 02:44 AM
you're not alone. Totally agreed he takes the flow out of Inside the NBA. He is trying too hard to be funny when Charles really is the only one who is. I mean he was hilarious tonight with Reggie and Kevin Harlan.

Geoff Petrie
01-06-2012, 02:44 AM
Well, since I am out of a job, I would be happy to take his place. I could really give great insight especially if it's about offense.

They'd fire you just like I did Paul.

John Walls Era
01-06-2012, 02:47 AM
I use to like just Charles and Kenny, but Shaq kind of butts into the conversation. Hes a funny guy, but he doesn't add much to the show (The whole is less than the sum of its parts). He might get better as time passes, but he needs to be more clear when speaking and stop making yak yak noises.

MetroMan
01-06-2012, 02:47 AM
OMFG Shaq just said YACK YACK like 25 times in a row. aghh.

Wade>You
01-06-2012, 02:48 AM
The only good analyst on Inside the NBA is Kenny, everyone else is there for off-topic stuff.

I feel for Kenny as he tries to talk about basketball and Shaq and Barkley keep going off-topic and cracking stupid jokes.

Mudvayne91
01-06-2012, 02:48 AM
It wasn't that good to begin with :shrug:. It did have some comedic relief though. Or I should say it probably does, haven't watched it this year.

Sadds The Gr8
01-06-2012, 02:54 AM
He hasn't been as good as I thought either. He should look to analyze the games more instead of fooling around so much. At least Barkley TRIES to be a good analyst and isn't just goofing off 90% of the time...But he's new so maybe he'll settle in and get better.

shep33
01-06-2012, 02:54 AM
Honestly I really miss Webber or McHale. I liked them both better than Shaq.

--23--
01-06-2012, 02:57 AM
OMFG Shaq just said YACK YACK like 25 times in a row. aghh.

it was a being replayed over & over relex :laugh2:

YACK YACK

Wade>You
01-06-2012, 02:58 AM
"Lemme tell you sumtin Kinny, Lemme tell you sumtin Urrnie, the thing about Atlanta is, and Joe Johnson is not a superstar, but Josh Smith has to stop taking jumpshots, and I really think this team is underachieving, but they are soft."

Charles Barkley wasting away the good years of your hearing and slowly deteriorating your IQ.

ayuntalo
01-06-2012, 02:58 AM
yeah, Shaq has been a dissapointment. i thought it will be more funny with him but he kinda ruins it, he's like always telling bed time stories

P.S.
as much as i hate Mark Jackson, JVG hasn't been as funny as before when Mark left the broadcast

Gibby
01-06-2012, 03:04 AM
The only good analyst on Inside the NBA is Kenny, everyone else is there for off-topic stuff.

I feel for Kenny as he tries to talk about basketball and Shaq and Barkley keep going off-topic and cracking stupid jokes.

Barkley is funny but i agree he goes off topic. I find Kenny's personality really annoying but they make a good pair. I would love if Reggie Miller joined them instead of Shaq. Reggie is smart but he can be funny also. However shaq trying to hard, being loud isn't funny.

C_Mund
01-06-2012, 03:05 AM
i may be in the minority as far as this audience is concerned but I truly think that most of that crew is piss poor. They'd all better as interviews or cut-to anaylists than full-time studio jockeys. I don't really think that outside of comeraderie ANY of them can actually stand on their own as a broadcaster. Kenny has gotten much better though.
p.s. Reggie Miller has pretty much the worst persona of any colour commentator. Again, he understands the game from an insiders' point of view, but has he ever actually said anything funny or original?

Sadds The Gr8
01-06-2012, 03:05 AM
yeah, Shaq has been a dissapointment. i thought it will be more funny with him but he kinda ruins it, he's like always telling bed time stories

P.S.
as much as i hate Mark Jackson, JVG hasn't been as funny as before when Mark left the broadcast

yea the ABC crew sucks w/o Mark Jackson

Gibby
01-06-2012, 03:07 AM
"Lemme tell you sumtin Kinny, Lemme tell you sumtin Urrnie, the thing about Atlanta is, and Joe Johnson is not a superstar, but Josh Smith has to stop taking jumpshots, and I really think this team is underachieving, but they are soft."

Charles Barkley wasting away the good years of your hearing and slowly deteriorating your IQ.

i dont think he is stupid but he cant articulate his thoughts. Before completely explaining one point he moves onto another one.

LGhost
01-06-2012, 03:15 AM
Most of the stuff Shaq "does" is scripted and looks stupid although sometimes can be funny. He still talks as if he doesn't belong but as time goes on, he will get more serious with experience of being an analyzer. Everyone will adjust to him sooner or later...

Barkley definitely gets lost in his thoughts (or his lines) and sometimes will just spit out a bunch of scrambled words and finish with a serious face (that is hard for him to hold)...

They all suck but who wants to hear intellectual people discuss basketball??? \shot at statheads :D

Sadds The Gr8
01-06-2012, 03:21 AM
I'm watching it now, and he does do the stupid "yackyack"/sound FX alot but at least he's analyzing more often than the past couple of episodes.

Derick713
01-06-2012, 03:25 AM
I'm a huge Shaquille O'Neal fan and I don't think he's added much to Inside the NBA. Hopefully he'll come into his own. It'd be nice to see him add commentary and become a personality. The Yak Yak thing has to go.

J4KOP99
01-06-2012, 03:29 AM
I completely agree. i was thinking this same thing the other day. Shaq just tries too hard to be funny and is in constant need of attention. Barkley takes the discussion off-topic but he is hilarious in doing so. Shaq is just annoying to listen to.

BigEric
01-06-2012, 03:57 AM
Shaq please make a return to the NBA. This is depressing.

Mane
01-06-2012, 04:00 AM
Yeah he's pretty pitiful. tries too hard to be funny instead of serious.

PacersForLife
01-06-2012, 04:22 AM
I really haven't watched much of it, but I watched most of it last night and he isn't as bad as some of you make him out to be. He has always been like this so you can't expect much different. He has complimented players like Bynum which kinda surprised me.

ink
01-06-2012, 04:22 AM
you're not alone. Totally agreed he takes the flow out of Inside the NBA. He is trying too hard to be funny when Charles really is the only one who is. I mean he was hilarious tonight with Reggie and Kevin Harlan.

I said he would be awful when he was hired. He doesn't like to share the spotlight. He's only entertaining to some, and only when he's got a bunch of sycophantic sports writers taking down disses of other players in a locker room.

Jewelz0376
01-06-2012, 04:31 AM
Yea i dont think shaqs been too great either...Maybe he'll get better as time goes..

I like it best when its Chuck, Kenny, and Cwebb

FlashMacker
01-06-2012, 04:37 AM
I love the Yak Yak I've even started saying it too

rasajr23
01-06-2012, 04:52 AM
Shaq is really starting to look like a fatter version of Rick Ross. He is no good for the show. Not sure when it was but I think Shaq really pissed Barkley off one night with his sound effects and not knowing his role on the show. Not sure about you guys but wouldn't mind seeing round 2 Barley vs Shaq....lol..
http://youtu.be/VIXPPmzd6Ro

Spiggity_ace
01-06-2012, 04:54 AM
shaq can't take a joke worth ****, he gets offended like no one is supposed to say nething to him, remember wen bynum elbowed him slightly how mad he got, he should man up once in a while

MetroMan
01-06-2012, 05:51 AM
Also it was so weird having charles at the miami game. me think shaq had something to do with it

lol, please
01-06-2012, 06:13 AM
At first I thought shaq joining the cast would be a blast. But instead his " YACK YACK" is so fkn annoying. Also his high pitched voice makes my teeth cringe.

The thing with shaq is that he visibly seems uncomfortable around certain subjects. Talking about Kobe, Dwight putting up numbers similar to him, or one of his flaws visibly makes him uncomfortable. The thing with Chuck and Kenny is that they can really laugh at themselves when being the butt of the joke

You are a Shaq hater, we get it. He is a legend, get over it. And,...your a Laker fan, well that is just embarrassing.. :facepalm:

Cromedome
01-06-2012, 06:37 AM
I knew he'd be an instant fail. His "yack yack" or whatever stupid sound effects he keeps doing when people make a shot is dumb.

He's not even funny or entertaining. I'm a Shaq fan but he has no business on TV.

Rosh
01-06-2012, 06:54 AM
I didn't like this move from the beginning. I didn't get why everyone was so pumped. Shaq's "funny" is more of a one-guy thing. The thing that makes (made?) Inside the NBA so great was the chemistry. Shaq's loud attention grabbing just ruins the dynamic for me.

KingPosey
01-06-2012, 07:13 AM
The problem with Shaq is, he is ALWAYS talking. Someone is commentating on highlights, and he is mumbling in the background, saying each players name and making some comment and its just loud enough to hear.

But the commentators have to stop EVERY time and ask Shaq what he said because he interupts and it has nothing to do with whats being said.

Shaq's biggest problem is that he is his biggest fan. Nothing makes someone less funny then if they think of themselves as really funny.

justinnum1
01-06-2012, 10:41 AM
he kept accumulating some white **** in the corner of his mouth, very distracting, and disgusting

Daunter
01-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Honestly I really miss Webber or McHale. I liked them both better than Shaq.

I hate Mchale but Webber is much better than Shaq

heatfan03
01-06-2012, 11:49 AM

Can't stand listening to the guy, gotta get rid of him

Akuhpelluh
01-06-2012, 12:16 PM
Actually, the best and funniest tandem was Webber and Payton. They were ****ing hysterical.

Denver-boy
01-06-2012, 12:18 PM
shaq is funny, he made the show better for sure. I knew some people were gonna not like the move, speaking to the low class people who like mark jackson, JVG. just odd people who like to listen to boring people. IM happy shaq is here. this thread wont make a difference. just make the people id see hating on shaq look more stupid.

Cromedome
01-06-2012, 03:11 PM
shaq is funny, he made the show better for sure. I knew some people were gonna not like the move, speaking to the low class people who like mark jackson, JVG. just odd people who like to listen to boring people. IM happy shaq is here. this thread wont make a difference. just make the people id see hating on shaq look more stupid.

You must be joking.

Kakaroach
01-06-2012, 03:38 PM
He has some really nice insights, like how some players can help in front office decisions like he did and other cool insider stuff. But overall he sucks. He takes shots at Bosh and D12 every chance he gets and its making him look really bad. Not to mention he is always awkward when it comes to the Lakers.

Wade>You
01-06-2012, 03:39 PM
Shaq called, he said "YACK YACK"

rhymeratic
01-06-2012, 03:43 PM
Kenny Smith is the man.... DeMarcus Cousins shouldn't get you fired! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

heyman321
01-06-2012, 04:31 PM

Seems you're in the low class minority actually. JVG is hilarious and Shaq is just ruining the flow of the TNT crew.

D-Leethal
01-06-2012, 04:44 PM
Shaq might have the lowest pitched voice in the history of mankind

SportsAndrew25
01-06-2012, 05:35 PM
Maybe we should give Shaq more time.

smith&wesson
01-06-2012, 06:01 PM

he has a low pitch voice not a high one. the chipmunks would be an example of high pitched.

kenny smith and charles barkley have been retired for years. its not like they retired last year and their careers are fresh. shaqs probably still getting used to the idea that he is now retired and his career is passed him.

i like shaq, reggie, barkley, steve kerr, chris weber. the only annoying guys to me are kenny smith (mr know it all) and steve smith (mr i never lived up to any of my hype but still think i had a great career).

smith&wesson
01-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Kenny Smith is the man.... DeMarcus Cousins shouldn't get you fired! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

he's an idiot.

Lakers4life08
01-06-2012, 06:11 PM
Where i can watch or download Inside the NBA

blahblahyoutoo
01-06-2012, 06:15 PM
holy ebonics ****!
"who HE play for?"
wtf are we teaching the kids this days?

AddiX
01-06-2012, 06:15 PM
Threadstarter is right, I thought shaq was going to be awesome, he is god awful, he makes magic Johnson tolerable.

Both need to go IMO.

RaiderLakersA's
01-06-2012, 07:17 PM
I've never been a big fan of Barkley or Shaq as commentators. Having both on the same show...no thanks. Press mute and let me know when the game is on.

Keep one or the other to play off of Kenny, but bring back C. Webb -- or anyone more eloquent than Sir Charles and Shaq -- as the voice of reason.

Squad13
01-06-2012, 07:47 PM
Cant be any worse than the glove. That's where i learned about "willin' out"

LOOTERX9
01-06-2012, 07:53 PM
Shaq is pretty horrible. You can't hear what he is saying and plus he is too dry. Very boring

ManRam
01-06-2012, 07:57 PM
I never had high hopes.

Shaq is bland, has no charisma and isn't exciting.
Shaq's humor has always been forced.
Shaq provides no significant insight, informative discussion and hardly any interesting perspective.

He's just a WAY worse version of Chuck...basically useless to have on any show like that.

Master Mind
01-06-2012, 09:02 PM
Shaq has a high pitched voice?

Yep.

KingPosey
01-08-2012, 02:09 AM
I know that every guy is there for the pay, but the biggest problem is Shaq is only there for Shaq. He's not there for basketball, he isnt there to insight knowledge. His venue to have people look and listen was gone, and this was his way to gain an audience. Shaq loves to have his ego stroked.

Sadds The Gr8
01-08-2012, 02:13 AM
he's an idiot.

how? they need Kenny...he's the best analyst they have. he can be funny, and he knows the game. Kenny is perfect for the show...they all have their importance (except Shaq right now but maybe he'll get accustomed to it in the next couple months)

alexander_37
01-08-2012, 02:33 AM
I haven't seen him except for this. So I can't really agree with you but that part I saw was funny enough for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNDqAlqFzX0

Hilarious.

whitvalid
01-12-2012, 03:22 AM
I didn't like this move from the beginning. I didn't get why everyone was so pumped. Shaq's "funny" is more of a one-guy thing. The thing that makes (made?) Inside the NBA so great was the chemistry. Shaq's loud attention grabbing just ruins the dynamic for me.

This.

Listening to NBA Game Time right now and it is hell. Host guy reading off the quick box stats and he has to keep stopping because Shaq has some 7th grade attention grabbing joke, or more often the 2nd grade joke just say the guy's name over and over and laugh. Can tell the host wants to slap him. Absolutely disgusting oh great now he's making a little baby voice while he says ****.

blahblahyoutoo
01-12-2012, 11:47 AM
how long are they going to keep shaq as a personality because he is beyond bad.
he's not there for analysis obviously, and he's emotionless so he's not there for color commentary.

heyman321
01-12-2012, 11:53 AM
Yes his jokes are so forced, he needs to stop saying freaking yak yak cause it's stupid, and he also needs to get a vocal chord transplant cause nobody can undesrtand what the hell he says.