PDA

View Full Version : Seattle Supersonics

ztilzer31
01-05-2012, 11:23 PM
It seems like ages ago that the Sonics were ever a team, and being from Washington yes I'm still very bitter. Now if I were one of the fans of the remaining teams I wouldn't care too much. That being said there are still certain teams I would hate to see leave sports.

Harsh honesty is well accepted in the post, but basically I wanted to know if anyone sort of misses the Sonics?? Everyone love Kemp and Payton videos (Griffin and Paul are a mirror image IMO), but is there any lossed love around the NBA fans? Former players of the Sonics and people like Shaq have shown love toward's Seattle, but is that supported by the other fans of the NBA.

I'd love the Hornets to go down there, but do the NBA fan's feel the same way or would they rather the team go to Las Vegas or something else?

Nick O
01-05-2012, 11:27 PM
im surprised the clippers have actually lasted so long but now with paul and blake they wont have an issue. scramento almost left and i dont think new orleans was really a smart buisness decision. however no i really dont want to see any pro sports team in vegas. they wouldnt have fans. they would have tourists some watch them but there wouldnt be any atmosphere . i dont wanna see that

Chacarron
01-05-2012, 11:27 PM
I want a team in Seattle because it is my favorite city in the United States.

Hellcrooner
01-05-2012, 11:29 PM
Yes i misse them and hate the thunder as a side effect.

would love any of the younger franchises ( raps, grizz, bobcats, Thunder) to be moved back to Seattle and revive sonics.

I also miss the CHARLOTTE HORNETS and the BULLETS name fror washington

Nick O
01-05-2012, 11:32 PM
Yes i misse them and hate the thunder as a side effect.

would love any of the younger franchises ( raps, grizz, bobcats, Thunder) to be moved back to Seattle and revive sonics.

I also miss the CHARLOTTE HORNETS and the BULLETS name fror washington

ya we got too big a fan base for that,.. i mean i know seattle had decent fans but were the only team in a whole country. the TV deal is huge

BGeer091
01-05-2012, 11:45 PM
I miss the Sonics. I hope they move N.O to SEA. I'm sorry but Payton + Kemp>>>> then Paul and Griffen.

sixer04fan
01-05-2012, 11:50 PM
I miss the Supersonics, definitely. Also miss the Charlotte Hornets and the Vancouver Grizzlies. Shareef Abdur-Rahim baby!

Carey
01-05-2012, 11:54 PM
Def miss the Sonics, i was proud to be fan of them

ztilzer31
01-06-2012, 12:19 AM
I miss the Sonics. I hope they move N.O to SEA. I'm sorry but Payton + Kemp>>>> then Paul and Griffen.

Completely agree, but Paul and Blake will only get better if the team stays together.

I agree on Toronto staying in Canada... Maybe the Toronto Grizzlies? Lol. I mean the sport was invented there.

sixer04fan
01-06-2012, 12:29 AM
I agree on Toronto staying in Canada..

Pretty sure, no matter what happens, Toronto is staying in Canada lol.

ztilzer31
01-06-2012, 12:32 AM
Oh man lol *facepalm*

ztilzer31
01-06-2012, 12:42 AM
Supposedly a company with assets around 2 billion dollars just bought a lott right next to Safeco. The hope is Seattle gets an NHL team (STANLEY CUP 1917 PUNKS) rumored to be the Pheonix Coyotes (didn't they just move there?) and an NBA team. Alot of sonics fans were rooting for no season in hopes that would lead to a bigger offseason, and allow them to get the ball rolling.

Think how awesome that sky view would look with Safeco and Clink and another arena!

jimbobjarree
01-06-2012, 12:52 AM
yah I feel the same way. Bring them back.

leftie5
01-06-2012, 12:54 AM
I live in Seattle now and definitely would like to have a team here, but like the above poster said, a hockey team is more likely at this point.

static_inferno
01-06-2012, 12:54 AM
Sonics shouldn't have left in the first place, but OKC is proving to be a great NBA city. If Kings really do leave Sac, they should definitely go to Seattle, NOT Anaheim. Seattle has great fans, they deserve an NBA team.

ztilzer31
01-06-2012, 01:16 AM
Sonics shouldn't have left in the first place, but OKC is proving to be a great NBA city. If Kings really do leave Sac, they should definitely go to Seattle, NOT Anaheim. Seattle has great fans, they deserve an NBA team.

Yeah, I agree OKC deserved a team, but the way Clay set it up was so Kevin would play his rookie season in seattle then move to OKC the next year. That's why he bought the last year of the contract out with Key Arena. He knew that if there was all of a sudden a huge turnout of support it would be harder for him to move the team. THe guys spent years making crappy draft picks and finally gets a chance to get a young super star in Durant to build around. All of a sudden when this happens Seattle is a lost cause and needs to be moved...

Howard Schultz is to blame too. Screw Starbucks.

Ty Fast
01-06-2012, 01:33 AM
the nba is so stupid that way. sonics should have stayed and the hornets should have moved to oklahoma city.

ee
01-06-2012, 01:38 AM
The reason why there's no Seattle team is because basketball didn't have the support of the city.....If people are true fans of the team, they would be loving the Thunder right now.....I don't care where my team moves, I still be routing for them....

dsonLAL24
01-06-2012, 01:38 AM
seattle deserves a team

MrfadeawayJB
01-06-2012, 01:45 AM
They should just move the lakers there

Boozerguy47
01-06-2012, 01:47 AM
The reason why there's no Seattle team is because basketball didn't have the support of the city.....If people are true fans of the team, they would be loving the Thunder right now.....I don't care where my team moves, I still be routing for them....

Definitely not the case among the majority of posters in the Seahawk/Mariner forums. I know there are a couple PSD members who say they're fans of the Thunder, but I for one am not. I hope they lose every game.

Once Rashard and Ray Allen left Seattle I felt like the team was already gone.

utl768
01-06-2012, 01:49 AM
i liked the sonics although for a pretty dumb reason

i stay up late alot so it was cool watching late night sonic games

Wade>You
01-06-2012, 02:31 AM
The NBA isn't quite the NBA without the Sonics.

No one would even notice if Cleveland got hit by a nuke tomorrow, but the Sonics were special.

They had 2 titles IIRC, Dennis Johnson, Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp, Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis when he was good, etc.

spreadeagle
01-06-2012, 02:37 AM
ya Payton and Kemp big bball memories growing up...bring back the Sonics!

CaptainClutch
01-06-2012, 11:29 AM
I really think Seattle is a great sports town. Look at Seahawk fans, one of the loudest places in the NFL

ztilzer31
01-06-2012, 02:53 PM

Tell that to people in Minnesota... In 1969 the Minneapolis Lakers won the NBA championship. The next year the team was moved to L.A. Even to this day fans of minnesota hate the Lakers and root for the Celtics because of the rivalry. Then when Minnesota trades Garnett they say that the trade only would of happend with Boston... HMMMM.

I still like the Thunder. I harbor no ill will towards their players. Yes Sam Presti and Clay Bennet are a couple of rednecks that stole my team, but Durant was very respectfull when he left. The stadium sold out the last day with fans going crazy. Plus Steve Balmer (CEO of Microsoft) came up with the beginning of a resolution a year before the team was suppose to leave. Clay didn't want it. He said it was too late... Well yeah it was too late Clay because you had already been planning on moving the team for a few years by then.

01-06-2012, 04:52 PM
MISSED THE SONICS BAD. went to many games before they left. last game with MAVS was crazy. when they drafted KD they should have kept Ray Allen not trade him and seattle would have had a decent season. i still like old sonics ( KD ) but only person i root for on thunder. i had a opportunity to meet KD at social event and he's a stand up guy.

Sly Guy
01-06-2012, 04:56 PM
I miss the sonics, kinda like if portland ever left I'd miss them too. Great fans.

beasted86
01-06-2012, 05:04 PM
I feel it's better for the league to have a team in Seattle versus places like Charlotte and Memphis.

Iron24th
01-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Yeah was a fan of the supersonics too,The Glove,The Reignman even Vin Baker,I'm serious.

John Walls Era
01-06-2012, 05:13 PM
Unfortunate from them. They got a raw deal and lost out on seeing KD grow and getting a young team that could contend.

smith&wesson
01-06-2012, 05:25 PM
i prefer to have a seatle supersonics team >> a new orleans hornets team.

loved gary payton and shawn kemp.

ztilzer31
01-06-2012, 10:37 PM
Seattle appreciates the love guys!

Carey
01-06-2012, 10:50 PM
i liked the sonics although for a pretty dumb reason

i stay up late alot so it was cool watching late night sonic games

Not a dumb reason, thats how i became a fan as a kid

theheatles
01-06-2012, 11:03 PM
i miss the sonics, my sonics ray allen jersey is my favorite non heat jersey i own

FWBrodie
01-07-2012, 03:29 PM

Wrong and wrong.

FWBrodie
01-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Yeah was a fan of the supersonics too,The Glove,The Reignman even Vin Baker,I'm serious.

Good god, Vin Baker was a mess.

ztilzer31
01-07-2012, 08:15 PM
Woah woah woah... That was a great trade Kemp for Baker. That's right when Kemp started going down hill. Then somewhere down the line Baker stopped working out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW-7XqFoLJE&feature=relmfu

GET EM BRENT BARRY

X12Celtics3
01-07-2012, 10:31 PM
I miss the Sonics.

Hellcrooner
01-07-2012, 10:40 PM
I liked the sonics back in the day with poor Polynice, xavier mcdaniels, dale ellis, Johnson, Mcmillan,Lister, Mckey etc etc

ztilzer31
01-08-2012, 01:33 AM
I liked the sonics back in the day with poor Polynice, xavier mcdaniels, dale ellis, Johnson, Mcmillan,Lister, Mckey etc etc

If you're going old school you got go with Jack Sikma, Lenny Wilkens, Gus Williams, and Downtown Freddy Brown!

Hellcrooner
01-08-2012, 01:34 AM
If you're going old school you got go with Jack Sikma, Lenny Wilkens, Gus Williams, and Downtown Freddy Brown!

yep but except for sikma i didnt wacht them , im old but not yet a grandaddy :p, and the sikma i remember was alredy on the bucks

Wade>You
01-08-2012, 01:58 AM
The Sonics have made a bigger impact and have more memorable moments in the NBA than the Cavs, but the Cavs are allowed to survive.

Dade County
01-08-2012, 02:00 AM
Send OKC back to seattle... then any other team that is trying to relocate, send them to Oklahoma; period!

mjokc
01-08-2012, 03:26 AM
Get over it.

Hellcrooner
01-08-2012, 04:01 AM
The Sonics have made a bigger impact and have more memorable moments in the NBA than the Cavs, but the Cavs are allowed to survive.

Actually the cavs were a very likeable team back in the day with Price, harper, Nance, Hot rod william, Ehlo, Daugherty.

Pity they ****ed it all up trading harper for Danny Ferrys draft rights.
Injurys did the rest.