PDA

View Full Version : Warriors willing to trade a lot for a d12 rental

310Casper
01-05-2012, 05:15 PM
This puts the warriors in the mix now too. They dont care about a contract extension from him.

source: 710espn radio via Steve Wojnyak of yahoo sports.

Sactown
01-05-2012, 05:18 PM
Were there names thrown around?

marj987
01-05-2012, 05:21 PM
I wouldnt do that at the risk of losing Curry, or Monta, Warriors need those two.

Nick O
01-05-2012, 05:22 PM
who do they have to trade? i mean Monta ellis but besides him? you dont wanna get rid of steph but even if you do his trade stock would be real low atm with the prospect of a ****ed up ankle. and besides those 2 there really isnt anyone else who could be a D12 trade piece? is there

shep33
01-05-2012, 05:25 PM
This makes 0 sense for the Warriors. Essentially they'd probably trade Monta and Steph, and they'd be left with very little talent after that.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-05-2012, 05:25 PM
warriors have noone to trade

CaptainClutch
01-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Don't understand that. Unless they think they can win a championship this year, he won't re-sign with GS

The_Jamal
01-05-2012, 05:28 PM
The Warriors have plenty to trade. It would just be incredibly stupid to do so

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-05-2012, 05:31 PM

yeah, but who would be left to the warriors to play with dwight? klay thompson lol?

shep33
01-05-2012, 05:32 PM

I agree, I mean they can trade Curry and Ellis, and I doubt the Magic want David Lee especially when they already have Baby and Ryan Anderson there. But that Warriors team IMO, doesn't even improve much at all with that trade.

Warriors have been really desperate for a big over the years, they wanted Chandler this year, they wanted DeAndre, but going all in for Howard is the wrong move.

CaptainClutch
01-05-2012, 05:32 PM
yeah, but who would be left to the warriors to play with dwight? klay thompson lol?

Can we just forward to March 14th and have 24 hours of madness

CityofTreez
01-05-2012, 05:33 PM
For a rental?

I really like Klay Thompson, and Udoh has shown that he can be an impact in the league. Throw in a draft pick or two and this could be a possibility?

CaptainClutch
01-05-2012, 05:37 PM
For a rental?

I really like Klay Thompson, and Udoh has shown that he can be an impact in the league. Throw in a draft pick or two and this could be a possibility?

I think Otis wants to give Dwight to a team who's gonna sign him long-term cause Orlando will get more for it. No way will you get value for DH12 only for 3-4 months

Wes_Craven
01-05-2012, 05:38 PM
Let's be real, Curry will be included in this trade-a package of Curry, Biedrins, David Lee and some picks for Howard and Hedo. That's smooth.

Smith
Ellis
Hedo
Ekpe
Howard

with a bench of..

Robinson
Thompson/Rush
Wright
Tyler
Brown...Make it happen GSW!!!

Wes_Craven
01-05-2012, 05:41 PM
Are people forgetting that the Magic want back vets? Warriors really won't have to give up that much of their talented young players, and maybe not even Monta(Howard has expressed how he wants to play with him).

jimbobjarree
01-05-2012, 05:41 PM
The only sense I see in it is that they don't have their first rounder this year, so sucking this year has no benefit to them. After Dwight walks though, they'd be right back to square 1.

If they keep Curry and shift a couple contracts I actually think I'd do this, they don't have much else anyway

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-05-2012, 05:49 PM
Let's be real, Curry will be included in this trade-a package of Curry, Biedrins, David Lee and some picks for Howard and Hedo. That's smooth.

Smith
Ellis
Hedo
Ekpe
Howard

with a bench of..

Robinson
Thompson/Rush
Wright
Tyler

why they would want david lee and his awful contract?

doesnt make any sense

hugepatsfan
01-05-2012, 05:57 PM
Don't trade Curry. Anyone else would be fine. Monte + Udoh + Klay + a pick. It wouldn't be a smart move, but it wouldn't be a set you back years move either. They'd lose some talent, but they'd get back extra cap too by trading Monte for an expiring. Again, I wouldn't do it from a basketball perspective, but it might be worth it from a marketing perspective (even a Dwight rental is big income).

shep33
01-05-2012, 06:01 PM
Don't trade Curry. Anyone else would be fine. Monte + Udoh + Klay + a pick. It wouldn't be a smart move, but it wouldn't be a set you back years move either. They'd lose some talent, but they'd get back extra cap too by trading Monte for an expiring. Again, I wouldn't do it from a basketball perspective, but it might be worth it from a marketing perspective (even a Dwight rental is big income).

That's a pretty weak deal though, particularly because the Warriors don't have any first rounders this upcoming draft

gwrighter
01-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Don't do it, its not worth it.

nolafan33
01-05-2012, 06:34 PM
They said they were willing to rent Chris Paul too.

hugepatsfan
01-05-2012, 06:37 PM
That's a pretty weak deal though, particularly because the Warriors don't have any first rounders this upcoming draft

You're right, it is a weak deal. And that speaks to my point that as long as they don't give up Curry, it doesn't set them back too much, even if Dwight leaves. Give him up - it's a bad deal because you lose that marketable star for the future. If you keep Curry, you get a huge marketing/fan base boost from Dwight for the year, and then you aren't set back too much for your future.

beliges
LOL. Not only will the Warriors not give away their best players for a one season rental of Howard, but they have nobody to even trade away IF this were remotely true. Orlando will not give away Howard for Monta or Curry when other teams are offering much better deals.

Monta is beast
I think what there doing is trying to either become an elite team or re-build. If Howard resigns we have a shot at becoming a top team in the West, if he leaves we start to re-build the right way.

Monta is beast
01-05-2012, 06:39 PM
LOL. Not only will the Warriors not give away their best players for a one season rental of Howard, but they have nobody to even trade away IF this were remotely true. Orlando will not give away Howard for Monta or Curry when other teams are offering much better deals.

Who has offered a better deal? Curry is capable of being one of the best point guards in the game. Ellis is averaging 23 points and 8 assist per game this season. Add in guys like Udoh and Biedrins and getting rid of Turkoglu's contract. That's one hell of a deal imo.

beliges
01-05-2012, 06:40 PM
I think what there doing is trying to either become an elite team or re-build. If Howard resigns we have a shot at becoming a top team in the West, if he leaves we start to re-build the right way.

Well theres a lot of problems with this statement. For starters, GState has nobody to trade for Howard. They dont have a deal that is remotely close to what other teams are offering. Secondly, with or without Dwight, GState is not remotely close to being an elite team. And lastly, theres a zero percent chance Dwight resigns with them even if all these improbable incidents occur.

beliges
01-05-2012, 06:42 PM
Who has offered a better deal? Curry is capable of being one of the best point guards in the game. Ellis is averaging 23 points and 8 assist per game this season. Add in guys like Udoh and Biedrins and getting rid of Turkoglu's contract. That's one hell of a deal imo.

Well, for starters, the Lakers are offering a much much better deal. And secondly, GState is not offering both Monta and Curry. And even if they were, if they get Howard, theyre still not a playoff team. This is one rumor with zero credibility.

lol, please
01-05-2012, 06:47 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_dwight_howard_warriors_010512
Article here.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-05-2012, 06:49 PM

andrew bynum

Monta is beast
01-05-2012, 06:50 PM
andrew bynum

Stephen Curry. I agree there is no way the Warriors are trading both Curry & Ellis. I think it would be Curry, Lee, Biedrins, Udoh and a 1st round pick.

Lloyd Christmas
01-05-2012, 06:58 PM
andrew bynum

I forget but who else was involved in that trade scenario?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-05-2012, 07:03 PM
I forget but who else was involved in that trade scenario?

:shrug:

Odom? picks?

Kdirt
01-05-2012, 07:04 PM
Well theres a lot of problems with this statement. For starters, GState has nobody to trade for Howard. They dont have a deal that is remotely close to what other teams are offering. Secondly, with or without Dwight, GState is not remotely close to being an elite team. And lastly, theres a zero percent chance Dwight resigns with them even if all these improbable incidents occur.

Uh, Steph Curry is a better build around prospect than anyone else being offered out there, plus the Warriors have a few lotto pick players to add to the mix. Biedrins can be included to make the money work and he will expire next offseason. So how do they not have anything to trade?

Curry, Beans, Klay, Udoh for Dwight

and if the Magic want to dump Turkoglu for a better talent than we have David Lee.

Keep in mind this is a RENTAL, not a resigned Dwight.

Lloyd Christmas
01-05-2012, 07:05 PM
:shrug:

Odom? picks?

Huh. So I wonder what the Lakers would offer now that Odom is gone...

Lloyd Christmas
01-05-2012, 07:06 PM
Uh, Steph Curry is a better build around prospect than anyone else being offered out there, plus the Warriors have a few lotto pick players to add to the mix. Biedrins can be included to make the money work and he will expire next offseason. So how do they not have anything to trade?

and if the Magic want to dump Turkoglu for a better talent than we have David Lee.

Did you mean Kwame? Biedrins has like 3 years left.

jmoney85
01-05-2012, 07:14 PM

ill take bynum or lopez over curry any day in a trade for dwight.... curry is not a pg... hes an undersized combo guard... its alot harder to find quality big men in this league

Kdirt
01-05-2012, 07:30 PM
ill take bynum or lopez over curry any day in a trade for dwight.... curry is not a pg... hes an undersized combo guard... its alot harder to find quality big men in this league

We cant trump Pau and Bynum, thats a solid deal, but who knows if that is being offered.

Nets and Lakers have ZERO young talent to include in the mix unless you want to count Marshon Brooks. Lakers do have the TPE working for them, to absorb Turk, if the TPE is large enough.

310Casper
01-05-2012, 07:38 PM
What if Orlando wipes out the Warriors of all their available talent, headed by Curry.

Dwight plays out the 3 months in Golden State.

Then Dwight re-signs with Orlando in the offseason and joins a much improved Orlando squad that includes Curry and more.

All part of a master plan?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-05-2012, 07:41 PM
We cant trump Pau and Bynum, thats a solid deal, but who knows if that is being offered.

Nets and Lakers have ZERO young talent to include in the mix unless you want to count Marshon Brooks. Lakers do have the TPE working for them, to absorb Turk, if the TPE is large enough.

we have ebanks

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-05-2012, 07:41 PM
What if Orlando wipes out the Warriors of all their available talent, headed by Curry.

Dwight plays out the 3 months in Golden State.

Then Dwight re-signs with Orlando in the offseason and joins a much improved Orlando squad that includes Curry and more.

All part of a master plan?

lmfao

Sandman
01-05-2012, 07:43 PM
we have ebanks

:laugh:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-05-2012, 07:59 PM
:laugh:

he has played very well and has a higher ceiling than Ariza...I didnt said it...those were colby's words:shrug:

beliges
01-05-2012, 08:22 PM

Pau and Bynum were never being offered and never will. It was Bynum that was being offered. ANd the Lakers have the absolute best young talent in the league to offer in Bynum. Actually, thats the absolute best player any team is gonna offer.

GoPacers33
01-05-2012, 08:27 PM
They could trade Lee and Curry and picks and still have Ellis Rush Wright Udoh Thompson Howard that would be a decent team I think

Cal827
01-05-2012, 08:28 PM
we have ebanks

:laugh2:... :laugh:

Bynum sure has impressed me though. But the question is whether Orlando wants to deal with the risk of him leaving in a year (like NJ with Deron) or his injury woes.

GS would be just plain stupid to make a deal like this for a few month rental. They would give up way too much to be a contender.

ejdacanay
01-05-2012, 08:30 PM
Monta or Curry, not both. I'd do Curry + Lee for him.

Monta is beast
01-05-2012, 08:58 PM
I'm not sure If this is a legit trade idea though. Curry's stock is at an all-time low, were not going to deal both Ellis and Curry, and the Magic have no interest in Lee.

ejdacanay
01-05-2012, 09:00 PM
I'm not sure If this is a legit trade idea though. Curry's stock is at an all-time low, were not going to deal both Ellis and Curry, and the Magic have no interest in Lee.

Salaries need to match though, I've read they want Veterans and to win now opposed to rookies and to rebuild. While Steph's stock is tanking, Ellis' is rising, I don't mind either to go right now, but I'd rather keep Monta, even though I'm a Steph fan.

xxplayerxx23
01-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Ellis or curry which ever they perfer, Udoh, Klay rush, first round picks for next 3 years, any other expiring contracts for dwight, And if they want to add turk then let them. Take on his bad contract
Pg. Curry/Ellis
SG wright
Sf.Turk
PF Lee
C.Howard
Bench Nate lol

xxplayerxx23
01-05-2012, 09:26 PM
They should do anything to keep LEE, and One of the two headed monster guards. They would have a shot

smith&wesson
01-05-2012, 09:31 PM
david lee and two first and fillers ??

tredigs
01-05-2012, 09:32 PM
Curry's ankle is going to be a major, MAJOR cause for concern in any potential trade. If we end up losing Curry (due to perceived value being low right now) and Lee for a D. Howard rental + Turk and his **** contract I am going to be pissed. But being a fan of the Warriors, that is nothing new.

I really am not excited about the Warriors or their future right now, especially if they get Dwight.

Losing Lee would be HORRIBLE if they do indeed get Dwight seeing as D. Howard is the perfect compliment to him.

tredigs
01-05-2012, 09:34 PM
In a normal situation I would say DO NOT trade Curry under any circumstances for a VERY likely rental, but his ankle situation scares me. A lot. And Monta/Lee/Howard would do damage.

slynxpac
01-05-2012, 10:24 PM
who will the Warriors offer?

Monta is beast
01-05-2012, 10:26 PM
According to a report by Yahoo! Sports, the Warriors have emerged as aggressive suitors for Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard.

The report indicated the Warriors would be willing to part with either Stephen Curry or Monta Ellis and also that they would be willing to acquire Howard without a guarantee he would re-sign in Golden State.

Howard can exercise an early termination option on his contract and become a free agent at the end of the season.

Orlando Magic general manager Otis Smith, responding to a text message, indicated the team is not close to a deal for Howard and aren’t looking to move him.

When asked at the Warriors’ team hotel about the report, Golden State general manager Larry Riley said: “I think it’s obvious that our ownership would like to come up with a superstar to add to this team. We’ll always look into opportunities where someone might be available.”

It is unknown how the Magic feel about either Curry or Ellis, however it seems likely that Curry’s current ankle situation would complicate any potential deal. Curry has sprained his ankle three times in six games this season, including two preseason games.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/warriors-talk/post/Larry-Riley-responds-to-Dwight-Howard-re?blockID=625706&feedID=5882

Raps18-19 Champ
01-05-2012, 11:24 PM
Ellis/Curry, Lee, Udoh and Wright?

aussie
01-05-2012, 11:32 PM
Lee, Wright, Udoh, 2 firsts for Howard and Turkoglu

mavwar53
01-05-2012, 11:39 PM
Lee is not going to be in the deal, if the deal happens I guarantee that it will be a 3 way with Biedrins going to Houston.

Monta is beast
01-05-2012, 11:47 PM
Curry, Lee, Biedrins, Udoh and a first round pick for Howard and Turkoglu.

sixer04fan
01-05-2012, 11:48 PM

Smith
Ellis
Hedo
Ekpe
Howard

with a bench of..

Robinson
Thompson/Rush
Wright
Tyler

Haha. Howard would bolt so fast at the end it's not even funny. And you'd be left with the worst team in the league.

tredigs
01-05-2012, 11:52 PM
Curry, Lee, Biedrins, Udoh and a first round pick for Howard and Turkoglu.

Thank God you are not our GM. WOW what a horrible deal for Golden State. If it was D. Howard signed through 2015 I'm not even in love with that deal (I take it, but am not excited about a chance at a title run).

Wes_Craven
01-05-2012, 11:56 PM
Lee is not going to be in the deal, if the deal happens I guarantee that it will be a 3 way with Biedrins going to Houston.

That makes sense.

Houston gets Biedrins, Magic get Curry, Ekpe, Scola(maybe), Thabeet, Warriors get Dwight and Hedo.

Monta is beast
01-06-2012, 12:05 AM
That makes sense.

Houston gets Biedrins, Magic get Curry, Ekpe, Scola(maybe), Thabeet, Warriors get Dwight and Hedo.

Houston gets raped in that deal. There trading Scola and Thabeet for Biedrins.

Monta is beast
01-06-2012, 12:06 AM
Thank God you are not our GM. WOW what a horrible deal for Golden State. If it was D. Howard signed through 2015 I'm not even in love with that deal (I take it, but am not excited about a chance at a title run).

Are you kidding me? Howard is the most dominant big man in the game. Curry's value is really low right now and Lee doesn't have allot of value with his contract. It's not all about the players getting traded, it's about the money and years.

tredigs
01-06-2012, 12:36 AM
Are you kidding me? Howard is the most dominant big man in the game. Curry's value is really low right now and Lee doesn't have allot of value with his contract. It's not all about the players getting traded, it's about the money and years.

You do realize there is little to no chance Howard is resigning if he gets traded to GS, right? And you would sweeten their deal by throwing out our closest thing to a franchise player (weak ankle right now or not), our perfectly complementary double double PF, our lottery pick from last year and a future #1 pick... basically all for a terrible contract that Hedo Turk would bring after D. Howard 100% leaves this summer if the roster is that destroyed.

Yikes, dude.

Monta is beast
01-06-2012, 12:48 AM
You do realize there is little to no chance Howard is resigning if he gets traded to GS, right? And you would sweeten their deal by throwing out our closest thing to a franchise player (weak ankle right now or not), our perfectly complementary double double PF, our lottery pick from last year and a future #1 pick... basically all for a terrible contract that Hedo Turk would bring after D. Howard 100% leaves this summer if the roster is that destroyed.

Yikes, dude.

1) We can offer Howard 30 million more then any other team
2) Adidas endorsement
3) Silicon Valley
4) Peter Guber is a producer (can advertise Howard)
5) New Arena

Chrisstyles
01-06-2012, 01:02 AM
would you guys in golden state trade ellis and lee for amare and fields

Tmath
01-06-2012, 01:05 AM

Your stuck with Amare.

Face it bro. :laugh2:

Tmath
01-06-2012, 01:09 AM
Ed Davis & Barbosa for a rental Howard.

Monta is beast
01-06-2012, 01:09 AM

Amare doesn't want to play for GS.

utl768
01-06-2012, 01:53 AM
dumb move since he wont sign up there longterm and they wont win a title this season with dwight

pd1dish
01-06-2012, 02:10 AM
i dont understand the point of this trade. if they were able to keep Curry AND Ellis (which is completely unrealistic) then they would be in contention for this year. D12, Curry, Ellis, and Lee would be great, but without Curry and/or another one of those players, you're out of contention and Dwight then leaves and you lose your young talent. i just dont get it...

Lloyd Christmas
01-06-2012, 02:17 AM
i dont understand the point of this trade. if they were able to keep Curry AND Ellis (which is completely unrealistic) then they would be in contention for this year. D12, Curry, Ellis, and Lee would be great, but without Curry and/or another one of those players, you're out of contention and Dwight then leaves and you lose your young talent. i just dont get it...

How do you know about Brotha Lynch?

SportsAndrew25
01-06-2012, 02:22 AM
Why would you blow up your team for a guy who wants to play with the Lakers? :confused:

Wes_Craven
01-06-2012, 03:01 AM
Houston gets raped in that deal. There trading Scola and Thabeet for Biedrins.

How so? They're really trading Scola for Biedrins, Thabeet is an obvious throw-in.

A Houston team of:
Lowry/Dragic/Flynn
Martin/Lee
Williams/Budinger
Morris/Patterson/Hill
Biedrins/Dalembert/Parsons-isn't still competitive(if you even can call them that now)?

Be smart sir.

Yunqn
01-06-2012, 03:03 AM
idk if it works cap wise..

but curry,thompson,udoh,biedrins and something else maybe wright for howard turk jameer...

i cant see orlando wanting to part with ryan anderson anymore which excludes him and david lee involved.. i think gs knows something about currys ankle more than we do and dwight wanted to play with monte which probably means that they have a friendship along with respect for ones game...

nelson
monte
turk
lee
howard

with rush and nate robinson being the only real backups.. maybe they make a couple free agent signings..

even if gs loses howard they still keep jameer and turk even thought thats not much but its not like its 6 players for 1.. both guys are starters and they get rid of a few contracts and make themselves free agent players for a center and a bench..

Wes_Craven
01-06-2012, 03:03 AM
Why would you blow up your team for a guy who wants to play with Deron Williams? :confused:

Fixed.

Monta is beast
01-06-2012, 03:14 AM
Why do people automatically assume he would leave. From what I'm hearing Lacob is trying to start promoting Howard by using the Silicon Valley. We have Peter Guber who is a producer. We would be able to pay him 30 million more then any other team. The Bay Area is the 5th largest market in the NBA. Were going to build a new arena in SF pretty soon. He publicly said he would like to play with Monta Ellis. And we have the best fans in the NBA.

robbnen#31
01-06-2012, 04:24 AM

Yes, I would.

As for the trade, the Warriors can't deal a 1st round pick until 2016 so you guys might want to re-work some of those potential proposals.

I would say a realistic offer would look like:

Ellis Biedrins Udoh 1st rounder (2016) for Howard and Turkoglu

or

Curry Lee Biedrins 1st rounder (2016) for Howard and Turkoglu

The second one would be the best for Orlando out of those 2, Warriors would look like this with the 2nd trade:

Ellis/Robinson/Smith
Thompson/Rush
Turkoglu/Wright/McGuire
Udoh/Tyler/McGuire
Howard/Brown/Tyler

Monta is beast
01-06-2012, 05:00 AM
Yes, I would.

As for the trade, the Warriors can't deal a 1st round pick until 2016 so you guys might want to re-work some of those potential proposals.

I would say a realistic offer would look like:

Ellis Biedrins Udoh 1st rounder (2016) for Howard and Turkoglu

or

Curry Lee Biedrins 1st rounder (2016) for Howard and Turkoglu

The second one would be the best for Orlando out of those 2, Warriors would look like this with the 2nd trade:

Ellis/Robinson/Smith
Thompson/Rush
Turkoglu/Wright/McGuire
Udoh/Tyler/McGuire
Howard/Brown/Tyler

Is that lineup better then the Clippers? Certainly better defensively. I think Thompson & Rush would benefit from Howard.

robbnen#31
01-06-2012, 05:47 AM
Is that lineup better then the Clippers? Certainly better defensively. I think Thompson & Rush would benefit from Howard.

It depends on how Klay looks playing defense for an entire game, other than that it would be solid defensively as Monta can actually guard a pg. I guess we could always give Rush more minutes if Klay was getting punked out there. The big question mark would be whether Tyler could play those minutes as the primary back up 4/3rd string center.

Monta is beast
01-06-2012, 06:26 AM
It depends on how Klay looks playing defense for an entire game, other than that it would be solid defensively as Monta can actually guard a pg. I guess we could always give Rush more minutes if Klay was getting punked out there. The big question mark would be whether Tyler could play those minutes as the primary back up 4/3rd string center.

I think he can. He has looked good with his foot work and timing when he has been on the floor. And I think having D12 standing next to him would help out allot. Man I'm really hoping a deal gets worked out!

abe_froman
01-06-2012, 06:31 AM
hope so,gs needs a big time star finally

Monta is beast
01-06-2012, 06:45 AM
hope so,gs needs a big time star finally

Imagine what it would be like at Oracle in the playoffs with Howard! We believe part 2. Coming soon to an arena near you lol.

BlazeIlluminati
01-06-2012, 06:50 AM
This is definately not just a rumor because there are way to many respectable sites reporting they heard similar or the same thing yahoo reported. Whether it comes true, thats a different story. Warriors in general have been aggressive pursuing everyone they can think of to show the fans and the rest of the NBA that they are willing to try anything to make their team better, or just show that they are for real and mean business when it comes to taking High Risk/High reward manuevers. I think its great to see them trying to do what they can to turn everything around here.

With that said, Money is nto a problem GS has anymore. We have owners with deep deep pockets. And our Owners have friends with even deeper pockets. With the Bay Area being the 5th biggest Market in the NBA, along with ongoing talks with the San Francisco Giants to build an Arena near their ball park (they own the rights to that area), there is a lot to look up to here.

Now the trading of players part. Orlando has J-rich and Ryan Anderson tied up at 2 and 4 respectively. What they want is a PG, a decent C, draft picks, and some other good pieces to build around or trade in the future. Who knows what other teams are offering. Is Bynum really up for grabs? All i have heard is a rumor revolving him, nothing concrete. And even if him being on the block for Howard were true, isnt Bynum a much bigger risk than say Curry? Bynum has only been injured for most of his NBA career right? And he's a real Big, real tall dude which guess what, only puts further stress and weight on his troublesome injuries (which i believe are his knees right?)

Brook Lopez going down with a broken foot hurt Nets chances BIG TIME. So its open season now, anyone can make a play for Howard. Orlando will need to move Howard by the trade deadline or stand to lose him for nothing since he has said he wont be back. So what if the Warriors offer is the best one?

Im not sure what the offer is, but i think Orlando is listening to everything, and in the end, they'll take something rather than nothing (especially if the other deals dont make too much sense for them if they're looking for impact veterans with up and coming rookies along with draft picks).

I think the trade from GS has to revolve obviously around Curry, not Ellis. I dont see Orlando wanting to pick up Lee's contract, but Curry, Udoh, Biedrins, D. Wright and Future 1st round Pick is not by any stretch a bad deal for Howard (might not be the best, but bad it is not).

Like someone mentioned earlier though, i think more than likely, it would be a three team trade that gets any potential trade to GS done.

Curious to see how this plays out

Daunter
01-06-2012, 11:02 AM

Smith
Ellis
Hedo
Ekpe
Howard

with a bench of..

Robinson
Thompson/Rush
Wright
Tyler

Looks pretty good to me

Sandman
01-14-2012, 08:38 PM
who do they have to trade? i mean Monta ellis but besides him? you dont wanna get rid of steph but even if you do his trade stock would be real low atm with the prospect of a ****ed up ankle. and besides those 2 there really isnt anyone else who could be a D12 trade piece? is there

In a trade for Dwight Howard, I don't think it can get any higher...