PDA

View Full Version : High Picks not playing?

Nick O
01-05-2012, 02:31 PM
I dont understand why you go out of your way to take a high pick and not play them.. the ones that have most annoyed me are 2 of the guys ive most looked forward to watching play One is Jan Veesely who plays for the worst team in basketball and i dont think has even seen the court yet despite being asked and saying he wants to play the other to me is kenneth faried who had like the best 9 minute stat line ever last night.. now i know thats against the Kings and it was garbage time but i dont understand. im sure there are other scenarios out there too. so my question is if you draft someone with your first round pick would that not mean your trying to build them for your future?. sitting them on the bench wont accomplish that. they need playing time.. and ya i know its early but a bunch of TOO early threads have already been made so -.-

sixers247
01-05-2012, 02:49 PM
Faried will play more now. Vessely hasn't played because of injury if i am not mistaken.

Joshtd1
01-05-2012, 02:54 PM
You have to look at the teams situation.

I don't know the Wiz situation so I wont comment, but I believe Jan is hurt and when he returns he will play.

For others though sometimes the rookies are still raw, and aren't better than the guys ahead of them. Some need to be brought along slowly. For example Leonard on the Spurs...he was our highest pick since the Duncan era, but Pop is bringing him on slowly right now because our SG/SF depth is pretty good.

Plus these rookies haven't had a proper training camp either, have to take that in account as well.

Iodine
01-05-2012, 02:55 PM
Wait you mean a weak draft that happens during a lockout that shortens the season hurts rookies development leading to playing time?

NO WAY

kduce
01-05-2012, 02:56 PM
I agree with you, at least for the really bad teams in the rebuilding process. Brandon Knight for the Pistons is getting minutes but I would like to see him get a lot more especially if we expect to be bad. Give the future of your team expirience and let them work out the kinks in their game so you can see what you really drafted.

DeRozan10
01-05-2012, 02:56 PM
D-will isnt playin a whole behing Beasely and Love

dhopisthename
01-05-2012, 03:03 PM
faried is on one of the deepest teams in the league and was not a high pick. I don't get why he would be a problem. Also someone like kanter and burks both of whom have gotten very little time is that they just aren't ready yet. no summer league, no training camp, no real preseason games where they get 30+ minutes and this is what you get

Nick O
01-05-2012, 03:04 PM
D-will isnt playin a whole behing Beasely and Love

and he should be,.. minnie isnt going to the playoffs so i think its a perfect year to give him muntes.. same with Veesely and guys like Knight and Walker . Im a jimmer fan and even though hes not doin all that great /: hes been getting good minutes although TBH its a **** show in Sacramento

Nick O
01-05-2012, 03:06 PM
faried is on one of the deepest teams in the league and was not a high pick. I don't get why he would be a problem. Also someone like kanter and burks both of whom have gotten very little time is that they just aren't ready yet. no summer league, no training camp, no real preseason games where they get 30+ minutes and this is what you get

but look at the players who have recieved extended minutes, irving, Cole, Thompson, Rubio , fridette, knight they are playing pretty well i think extended minutes for a rookie escpecially your first round pick is an important thing

Hawkeye15
01-05-2012, 03:23 PM
its already been said here. It was a weak draft filled with maybe 10 starting players, no superstars, and a ton of role players. Tie that in with limited training camp, and team need (Derrick Williams would get huge minutes on a team needing a PF, but with the Wolves, he will be brought along slowly for example), and you see what we are seeing.

The cool thing about it is that the ROY race will be all over the place this season.

Birdmannn
01-05-2012, 03:32 PM
its already been said here. It was a weak draft filled with maybe 10 starting players, no superstars, and a ton of role players. Tie that in with limited training camp, and team need (Derrick Williams would get huge minutes on a team needing a PF, but with the Wolves, he will be brought along slowly for example), and you see what we are seeing.

The cool thing about it is that the ROY race will be all over the place this season.

Yup and so many explosive point guards to watch. I believe one of the points are going to take ROY this year.

Lake_Show2416
01-05-2012, 03:41 PM
it was a pretty weak class so the top guys were more potential then NBA ready. There will be some good players but it will take a little time for them to find their way

Hawkeye15
01-05-2012, 03:46 PM
Yup and so many explosive point guards to watch. I believe one of the points are going to take ROY this year.

I am hoping Rubio wins it, only so we can have 2 straight ROY players who weren't even drafted with the rest of the rookie class.

Rubio, Irving, Brooks, and even Norris have all looked great out of the gate. I also like Thompson for a darkhorse, but its so early.

Iodine
01-05-2012, 04:51 PM
and he should be,.. minnie isnt going to the playoffs so i think its a perfect year to give him muntes.. same with Veesely and guys like Knight and Walker . Im a jimmer fan and even though hes not doin all that great /: hes been getting good minutes although TBH its a **** show in Sacramento

See, I would debate this, but your lack of the english language hurts my head

THE GIPPER
01-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Faried is a beast and played extremely well in the time he was given last night.

He had 7pts 4rebs 4blks in only 9 mins. I would think he will get more playing time now, but GK doesnt usually like to play rookies and as a Nuggets fan, its one of the few things i dont like about GK.

He had a few amazing plays last night on both ends of the floor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydLtteyzLg8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMrL6MivNao

Nick O
01-05-2012, 05:11 PM
See, I would debate this, but your lack of the english language hurts my head

.. because i spelled minutes wrong? ....

Birdmannn
01-05-2012, 06:31 PM
I am hoping Rubio wins it, only so we can have 2 straight ROY players who weren't even drafted with the rest of the rookie class.

Rubio, Irving, Brooks, and even Norris have all looked great out of the gate. I also like Thompson for a darkhorse, but its so early.

Those were who I was thinking of.
Brooks has had some nice points so far but anything else? he is a SG right?
My darkhorse pick is the spurs rookie. I forget his name at the moment but SA chooses great picks and I think this year will show the same.

Nick O
01-05-2012, 08:00 PM
Those were who I was thinking of.
Brooks has had some nice points so far but anything else? he is a SG right?
My darkhorse pick is the spurs rookie. I forget his name at the moment but SA chooses great picks and I think this year will show the same.

chris Joseph?

Kakaroach
01-05-2012, 09:21 PM
I can't speak for all teams, but here in Utah its cuz Kanter and Burks just aren't ready. The lockout sucked really screwed up some of these rookies, but it will get better with time.

Nick O
01-05-2012, 11:24 PM
I can't speak for all teams, but here in Utah its cuz Kanter and Burks just aren't ready. The lockout sucked really screwed up some of these rookies, but it will get better with time.

ya but dont you think kanter should maybe get a few more? . ive noticed hes barely played