PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with Curry's ankles?

spreadeagle
01-05-2012, 02:22 PM
Is he on a Brandon Roy path here...every time I hear about dude hes injuring an ankle

"When you come in here after the game, the reality sets in," said power forward David Lee, who had 13 points and 10 rebounds. "More than anything, you feel bad for Steph. He works so hard and does all of the right things. He just has a little bit of misfortune.

"He needs to get his ankle right, whether that's coming back for the L.A. game or waiting six weeks."

Curry had surgery to strengthen his right ankle in May after a series of sprains cost him eight regular-season games. After two more sprains this season, he spent an off day at Nike headquarters in Beaverton, Ore., to have his foot measured and fit. He switched shoes and changed methods for taping his ankle.

Still, with a little more than three minutes remaining in the third quarter, it happened again. Curry corralled a loose ball, tried to push off his right foot to start a break and instead rolled it. Seconds later, he limped to the locker room in what he called the worst pain yet.

"It's another frustrating incident that I have to deal with," said Curry, who had 20 points and eight assists to two turnovers. "It's just deja vu all over again for me.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/01/04/SPUM1MKVVE.DTL#ixzz1ibqBAZzB

Chi StateOfMind
01-05-2012, 02:28 PM
I don't know but even my wife who knows absolutely nothing about basketball or Stephen Curry was like this dude is always hurt. They made shoes for him and everything and he still rolls his ankles. Good player but I would be worried that this will continue to happen if im a GS fan.

PC
01-05-2012, 02:28 PM
The Warriors would be ******** if they didn't let him heal fully.

He tweaked his ankle something like 7 or 8 times last year and he still played in 74 games. Let him rest...

Corey
01-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Yep.

He has weak ankles to begin with, but he clearly came back too soon.

Nick O
01-05-2012, 02:32 PM
this is depressing... if he ends up being one of those guys with chronic injuries were gonna be looking back and wondering what could have been.... i hope they fix it /:

Corey
01-05-2012, 02:41 PM
He should get with Ray Allen in the offseason and talk to him about ankles. Ray had double ankle surgery the offseason before the Celtics got him.

Joshtd1
01-05-2012, 02:49 PM
Yea he really just needs to rest. He was going to have a damn good game last night too, even better than what he did but he had that unfortunate roll.

I understand where he's coming from, most everyone wants to play after an injury because its the competitiveness in him. Plus he's young so he thinks he's invincible (don't we all..) but rest would just be the best thing.

Iodine
01-05-2012, 02:50 PM
His Ligaments are constantly being stretched too far and its not going to be good if it doesnt get fixed

Joshtd1
01-05-2012, 02:51 PM
Just adding in something extra..I tore my ligament in my ankle over a year ago, but I was stupid and only took a few days off to rest it before I started playing on it again. Bad choice..I thankfully didn't keep spraining it like Curry has, but my ankle is even more prone now since I didn't let it heal correctly, and I still have some soreness in it from time to time.

rhymeratic
01-05-2012, 02:56 PM
Steph Curry will forever have BROKE ankles. I think this is gonna be a career ending deal eventually.

Iodine
01-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Well josh is faggy

Corey
01-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Just adding in something extra..I tore my ligament in my ankle over a year ago, but I was stupid and only took a few days off to rest it before I started playing on it again. Bad choice..I thankfully didn't keep spraining it like Curry has, but my ankle is even more prone now since I didn't let it heal correctly, and I still have some soreness in it from time to time.

Same with my knees. I'm 21 years old and I already have chronic knee pain if I'm prone too long because of ligament damage and constant dislocations from when I was in my early teens. I was planning on getting surgery, but it went away when I stopped playing sports competitively...Now that I work out a lot, it's back.

AddiX
01-05-2012, 03:03 PM
Physically he was also a question coming into the NBA. There was lots of questions from scouts if he was too brittle.

On top of that, he's probably been playing basketball since he could hold one, that's a lot of wear and tear even for a young man. Especially one thats fragile.

BKLYNpigeon
01-05-2012, 03:18 PM
He's fine, just needs to fully heal. i think he should take a month off.

72 Wins
01-05-2012, 03:23 PM
Agree with the comments here. Time is the only way to heal his ankle. If they continue to put him in until he's 100%, he'll continually have issues.

utl768
01-05-2012, 04:04 PM
he looks really brittle

NYKalltheway
01-05-2012, 05:45 PM
they shouldn't rush him in the court.... he needs to fully heal his ankle, he's just 23 years old for gods sake

ESaady
01-05-2012, 06:20 PM
So depressing and deflating as a Warriors fan.

GodsSon
01-05-2012, 06:32 PM
I sprained my ankle really bad back in early August and wasn't able to walk on it all for about a week. After that week, I went and resumed regular activity at work, leisure, etc.

It's been 5 months since I first sprained it, and it's STILL not 100% as I can feel tightness/soreness if I over-extend myself. Leg injuries are definitely the worst, and the Warriors would be smart to give Curry prolonged rest time before this becomes an even bigger problem.

billsftw
01-05-2012, 06:34 PM
His Ligaments are constantly being stretched too far and its not going to be good if it doesnt get fixed

are you on Zoloft? :p
Remember to not drink or operate machinery :)

ChicagoRox
01-05-2012, 06:57 PM
His ankles are made out of glass. Poor guy. So much talent. Maybe he needs to hire a better physical therapist and for sure sit out for a while.

Sportfan
01-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Curry is one of my favorite college and NBA players, hope he gets better

GS must be kicking themselves in the butt for shooting down Rondo for Curry

beerman28
01-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Rose broke em

Tony_Starks
01-05-2012, 08:09 PM
He better take a lesson from Penny Hardaway and really wait until his ankle is fully recovered and strong before he comes back. Once you start getting those reoccuring injuries like that it can be a very quick career......