PDA

View Full Version : Have Calderon and Bargnani an Outsiders shot at Asg?

Hellcrooner
01-05-2012, 12:30 PM
They are keeping his team decent and into playoff contention.

Rose and Rondo are Locks Stoudamire and Bosh are locks too but they could be called in by coaches.

Jose is Second behind lowry in assists right now and has an absolute lead on Assits to turnover ratio.
He is averaging off the charts advanced stats, and his better regular stats of his career right now 12/10/5.
His legs look fresher after the lock out and he is even playing decent defense ( all the team is doing btw, props to raps coach for that)

Bargnani is doing Dirk Like Numbers, not much rebounding, but well neither Dirk or Stou are any kind of dominant rebounders either.
He is doing his best stats on his career too 24 6 and 2,5 assits and has improved significantly his Fg %.

Posting great advanced numbers too.

If they keep their act and the raptors in playoff neighbourhood do you see any of them getting the nod from coaches?

8lllllD
01-05-2012, 12:33 PM
I just voted for my dude andrea and demar for the all star game. i hope they both get in :(

Hellcrooner
01-05-2012, 12:34 PM
I just voted for my dude andrea and demar for the all star game. i hope they both get in :(

Demarr is doing very well too but competition at Sg and sf in the east is much fiercer than at Pg and Pf/C.

Gators123
01-05-2012, 12:37 PM
Hellcrooners All-Stars!

PG- Calderon
SG- Fernandez
SF- Bargnani
PF- Pau Gasol
C- Mark Gasol

8lllllD
01-05-2012, 12:38 PM
lol yeah i already know that but it's worth a shot amirite lol

Hellcrooner
01-05-2012, 12:41 PM
Hellcrooners All-Stars!

PG- Calderon : Outsiders Shot
SG- Fernandez No shot at all
SF- Bargnani Outsider Shot
PF- Pau Gasol 50/50 chance, if he gets his act togheter he will, if not he will deppend on a respect to his career call from coaches
C- Mark Gasol 50/50 Chance, it deppends if coaches give respect call to his brother or to duncan, if not, i mean its just Bynum and him for two spots :p

You forgot Ricky who should be in the rookie game at least.:D

pebloemer
01-05-2012, 01:13 PM
It all depends on team success up to the point when the coaches vote. Coaches rarely take players on losing teams. A surprising start aside, Toronto still projects to be a losing team this season.

smith&wesson
01-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Well the fans pick the starting line up so rose at pg & stat at pf.

the coaches pick the reserves rondo and bosh.

toronto wont have an all star for a long while. but bargs, calderon, and derozan have been playing nice so far.

gwrighter
01-05-2012, 01:47 PM
Bargs does have a chance if he & the Raptors keep up this higher than expected level of play.

ink
01-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Too early.

Tmath
01-05-2012, 01:50 PM
I think Bargnani has a chance if he keeps playing like the way he is now.

Vincent
01-05-2012, 02:01 PM
If Toronto is a top-8 team in the East they have a chance.

But it would most likely be Bargs, I'm pretty sure opposing coaches are more impressed by big names like Rajon Rondo, Deron Williams... or even players like Jrue Holiday, John Wall.

Bargs has a good amount of competition too in Kevin Garnett, Carlos Boozer, Chris Bosh, Al Hortford. But his numbers might trump them.

spreadeagle
01-05-2012, 02:06 PM
Calderon has I believe 60 assists to 10 turnovers so far playing great...Id take Bargs over Bosh so far this yr :cool:....I could see the team being close to 500 at the end of the year a far cry from most ppl who saw us bottom dwelling for years to come...in Coach Casey we trust :D

Birdmannn
01-05-2012, 02:13 PM
As much as I like the Raps, I dont see either making it.

king4day
01-05-2012, 02:29 PM
I dunno that Amar'e is a lock. This is why I hate when fans get to pick. They should be allowed to choose an alternate "fan choice" and that's it.

Hellcrooner
01-05-2012, 02:32 PM
I dunno that Amar'e is a lock. This is why I hate when fans get to pick. They should be allowed to choose an alternate "fan choice" and that's it.

Yep but things are as they are and fanbases are liek they are.

if they are not injured the west Features Kobe/Dirk/BYnum as starters no matther what and the east has Rose/Wade/Lebron/Stou/Howard as starters no matter what ( they ald would be in the asg regardless so not a big deal)

Its curious tough that with the tons of laker fans out there Kobe has his lock, now bynum has his lock too but havent been able to vote Pau in ( PREVIOUS 3 YEARS when he was beasting).

OptiMized
01-05-2012, 02:32 PM
the way DeRo is shooting the ball he might be asked to the 3pt shoot out. jokes

Bargs has been great. we all knew he could shoot but the guys is taking abuse and still nailing them down.

Nick O
01-05-2012, 02:35 PM
..... has a non raptor fan posted yet? lol anyway id like to see it.. the fact Andrea is listed as a forward and a C might kill that though... as a centre id call him a lock if he kept this up

John Walls Era
01-05-2012, 02:52 PM
I think Bargnani is 3rd in scoring for the East. Who knows if he can keep it up.

mjt20mik
01-05-2012, 02:56 PM
Lol, this thread has been packed with Raptors Posters. C'mon we need some outside opinions!

UPRock
01-05-2012, 03:09 PM
Yes, I think so. For me Bargnani will get in, but I don't know about Calderon.

Cal827
01-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Yes, I think so. For me Bargnani will get in, but I don't know about Calderon.

There we go, a non Raptor fan opinion lol

Cal827
01-05-2012, 03:12 PM

When T-Mac and AI got voted in a few years back, Stern should have considered that lol

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-05-2012, 05:25 PM
lmfao, not a chance...cmon

Sadds The Gr8
01-05-2012, 05:29 PM
the amount of raptors posters in here is scary. I thought this was the Raps forum I had to double check.

and yes, it's too early.

BronxBomber300
01-05-2012, 08:05 PM
I think Bargnani has a better chance of being an allstar this year than Calderon if either one of them get in.

bholly
01-05-2012, 08:27 PM
Calderon has zero shot. Bargnani is really unlikely.

4 guards, 4 forwards, 2 centers, and 2 without position.

At guard there's Rose, Wade, Williams, Rondo, JJ, and even guys like DeRozan and Ray Allen are ahead of Calderon. No chance.

Locks at forward are Melo, Stoudemire, LBJ, Bosh, and most likely Pierce.
Locks at center are Dwight and Horford.

That leaves 1-2 spots, where Bargnani would have to beat out KG, Bogut, Noah, and guys who could make a push depending how their season goes like J Smith, Deng, Iggy, Boozer, and also any worthy guards that could take those last two wild card spots.

It's possible, but I think it's really really unlikely. It would require the Raptors to be above .500 at the least, I think.

MountainDew
01-05-2012, 10:52 PM
Calderon? Absolutely not, love his efficency this year but the all star game is simply a popularity contest.
Bargs? ehh .. possibly, he would have to average like 25+ ppg to get enough recognition, is he listed as a F or C ? I don't know who you would consider the C between him and Amir Johnson / Ed Davis haha :shrug:

ramz.n
01-05-2012, 11:08 PM
would like to see demar, calderon and bargnani...but most likely demar will be in the dunk contest..calderon's play will fade and he wont make it over , rondo, rose, d-will and john wall..as for bargnani..he has the greatest chance out of all the raptors to make it..he would be a lock if he could average more than 6 rebounds a game.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Calderon will have to compete with Wade, Rose, Williams, Wall, Rondo, Johnson, Allen, Iguodala and a couple more.

Bargnani will have to compete with Lebron, Bosh, Amare, Carmelo, Pierce, Garnett, Smoove, Boozer, Granger and a couple more.

So it will be hard. But Bargnani has a shot if we are talking right now.

llemon
01-05-2012, 11:18 PM
Why would anyone GAFF?