PDA

View Full Version : Shaq on DH12

jsthornton7
01-05-2012, 02:15 AM
Howard should be putting up 25 points and 20 reb. every game.

on NBA TV.

If only shaq took his advice to howard and did it himself he would be considered the greatest center ever lol.

Supreme LA
01-05-2012, 02:16 AM
Not thread worthy. He's just trying to motivate the guy.

Cal827
01-05-2012, 02:18 AM
I see douchebag number one is telling douchebag number two what they should be doing.

Raph12
01-05-2012, 02:34 AM
Shaq's a joke, he uses the media to throw shots out at guys, Shaq at his best was rebounding on par with Dwight's sophmore season... Dwight's one of the greatest rebounders of all time, but in order for him to avg 20rpg in this era, he'd need a rb rate over 33% for about 36+mpg, which is unprecedented (closest was 29.7% by DRod in 1994-95 in 49 games | no other player grabbed even 25% for anywhere close to 50+gms).

For the impact Dwight has on the defensive end, nearly contesting or affecting any shot even remotely close to the basket, Dwight gets a crazy amount of rebounds. Shaq was the lesser defensive impact player and yet still a lesser rebounder.

Shaq thinking Dwight should get 25-20 every game should be a compliment to Dwight, he's so good Shaq thinks he could do what no player has ever done before (when stats are adjusted).

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-05-2012, 02:38 AM
4 NBA Championships, 3 Finals MVPs, 1 League MVP, 3 All-Star Game MVPs, NBA ROY, 1-time Olympic Gold Medalist, 2x NBA Scoring Champion, Multiple Time All NBA First Team and All Defensive 1st Team, Most Dominant Ever.

Yeah, I think Dwight should listen to what DA DIESEL has to say.

kobes2good
01-05-2012, 02:40 AM
i mean shaqs right because the magic suck if shaq was on a team like that in his prime he would be getting those numbers

Raph12
01-05-2012, 02:52 AM
4 NBA Championships, 3 Finals MVPs, 1 League MVP, 3 All-Star Game MVPs, NBA ROY, 1-time Olympic Gold Medalist, 2x NBA Scoring Champion, Multiple Time All NBA First Team and All Defensive 1st Team, Most Dominant Ever.

i mean shaqs right because the magic suck if shaq was on a team like that in his prime he would be getting those numbers

Shaq had guys like Horace Grant, Robert Horry, Samaki Walker and AC Green playing next to him in the front court, I don't see why he couldn't lead the league in rebounding with those weak *** rebounders next to him... Face it, he was a fat, lazy guy who preferred to save himself for the offense rather than play elite defense and rebound at a high rate.

If Shaq rebounded and played defense like Dwight, no question he'd be the greatest center in league history.

Tanakid777
01-05-2012, 02:58 AM
Shaq had guys like Horace Grant, Robert Horry, Samaki Walker and AC Green playing next to him in the front court, I don't see why he couldn't lead the league in rebounding with those weak *** rebounders next to him... Face it, he was a fat, lazy guy who preferred to save himself for the offense rather than play elite defense and rebound at a high rate.

If Shaq rebounded and played defense like Dwight, no question he'd be the greatest center in league history.

this x1000. Shaq got the most out of the least effort of anyone in any sport ever.

BTW, those chesticles in your sig are on point. Who is the owner of said chesticles?

Raph12
01-05-2012, 03:00 AM
this x1000. Shaq got the most out of the least effort of anyone in any sport ever.

BTW, those chesticles in your sig are on point. Who is the owner of said chesticles?

No idea lol, wish I knew.

GREATNESS ONE
01-05-2012, 03:07 AM
So Shaq's a lazy fat over weight bastard who never played defense and Kobe was non existent ball hog who was lucky to have played with Shaq to get his rings kind of player. Hmmmm sounds kinda weird, wonder how a Ball hog, cancerous player and a Lazy fat egotistical non playing defensive player won multiple championships. Anyways I might have gotten carried away and I'm definitely not defending Shaq's comments. I just love the hypocrisy and Irony of PSD :)

ThuglifeJ
01-05-2012, 03:09 AM

haha i logged in just to say Shaq is wayyyy better than Dwight will ever be..stop being biased ffs Shaq was an utter complete dominant force from the get go and especially once he reached LA. Not only skillwise (which OH MY GOD offensivley Dwight is a joke compared to Shaq) but mentally Shaq is literally a league above Dwight. Maybe if Howard gets an MVP or a finals MVP we can start talking about his impact being comparable to Shaq, until then we'll just call him the best center in a league full of ****** centers.

MagicBucsSox
01-05-2012, 03:11 AM
People so quick to mention shaquilles rings and never mention he's always had top 5 wing talent EVERY SINGLE YR OF HIS CAREER. He never carried a team truly like Dwight has to yet alone a team of hags

Bulls_fan90
01-05-2012, 03:12 AM
Dwight will never be the player Shaq was.

MagicBucsSox
01-05-2012, 03:14 AM
Also a factor people never mention is how shaqs career was played in a era where big men WERE ALLOWED to play big, be physical. Dwight cant do that in this pansy era of bball were playing tough is a whistle.

MagicBucsSox
01-05-2012, 03:15 AM
Dwight will never be the player Shaq was.

All shaq has on Dwight is hall of fame teammate and offense. He does nothing else better then Dwight but score

ThuglifeJ
01-05-2012, 03:22 AM
dam it is halarious to see that 90% of the ppl on here to hype dwight up are ALWAYS MAGIC FANS.

no **** Magic fans will force themselves to think Dwight is comparable to Shaq becuz well let's see Dwight is there franchise (or was until he dips outa there soon) player and Shaq ditched Orlando for LA back in the day..

btw enough with the b.s. Shaq wasnt a good defender please tell me that's a joke. stop please just stop

Wade>You
01-05-2012, 03:26 AM
It's not possible in today's NBA to average 25/20, but if Dwight can have big games like that here and there, I agree that the Magic are contenders.

Raph12
01-05-2012, 03:29 AM
So Shaq's a lazy fat over weight bastard who never played defense and Kobe was non existent ball hog who was lucky to have played with Shaq to get his rings kind of player. Hmmmm sounds kinda weird, wonder how a Ball hog, cancerous player and a Lazy fat egotistical non playing defensive player won multiple championships. Anyways I might have gotten carried away and I'm definitely not defending Shaq's comments. I just love the hypocrisy and Irony of PSD :)

haha i logged in just to say Shaq is wayyyy better than Dwight will ever be..stop being biased ffs Shaq was an utter complete dominant force from the get go and especially once he reached LA. Not only skillwise (which OH MY GOD offensivley Dwight is a joke compared to Shaq) but mentally Shaq is literally a league above Dwight. Maybe if Howard gets an MVP or a finals MVP we can start talking about his impact being comparable to Shaq, until then we'll just call him the best center in a league full of ****** centers.

Give Dwight guys like Penny, Kobe and Wade, then make those comparisons, it's easy to compare accomplishments, but why don't you compare the help around them. Shaq was the laziest piece of **** ever, if he amounted to what he could actually accomplish, he'd easily be the best player the league had ever seen.

Shaq at full potential could eat Jordan, Dwight isn't blessed with the size, touch or bball iq Shaq has to use offensively; but he gives it 100% when he's only the court, which is all that matters... Yes Dwight will never be the player Shaq was in his prime, but that's because Dwight doesn't have even close to the talent or size Shaq had. Dwight tries his best to be his best, which is a lot more than you can say for Shaq.

Btw I agree Shaq is better than Dwight at everything offensively; but defensively, Dwight is better than Shaq at everything as well and he's also a better rebounder on both ends.

njnets825
01-05-2012, 03:41 AM
Give Dwight guys like Penny, Kobe and Wade, then make those comparisons, it's easy to compare accomplishments, but why don't you compare the help around them. Shaq was the laziest piece of **** ever, if he amounted to what he could actually accomplish, he'd easily be the best player the league had ever seen.

Shaq at full potential could eat Jordan, Dwight isn't blessed with the size, touch or bball iq Shaq has to use offensively; but he gives it 100% when he's only the court, which is all that matters... Yes Dwight will never be the player Shaq was in his prime, but that's because Dwight doesn't have even close to the talent or size Shaq had. Dwight tries his best to be his best, which is a lot more than you can say for Shaq.

Btw I agree Shaq is better than Dwight at everything offensively; but defensively, Dwight is better than Shaq at everything as well and he's also a better rebounder on both ends.

Shaq was in the league for 20 years, he wasn't lazy when he was young. let dwight play for a few more years and see if his motor is the same. Shaq will go down as one of the greatest centers ever. can't get to that point playing lazy. dwight is better at everything defensive? did you see shaq in his prime?

--23--
01-05-2012, 03:47 AM
:facepalm: the ppl here trying to compare Dwight to Shaq needs to stop, Dwight will never as dominate and good as Shaq.

Raph12
01-05-2012, 03:48 AM
dam it is halarious to see that 90% of the ppl on here to hype dwight up are ALWAYS MAGIC FANS.

no **** Magic fans will force themselves to think Dwight is comparable to Shaq becuz well let's see Dwight is there franchise (or was until he dips outa there soon) player and Shaq ditched Orlando for LA back in the day..

btw enough with the b.s. Shaq wasnt a good defender please tell me that's a joke. stop please just stop

LMFAO!!! What a joke, you were a Magic fan as well or did you forget that now that you believe Dwight will be leaving?:

Tough loss, but at least we showed some great potential.

we sure did beat ourselves last night. But we showed a lot of great potential for this team.

REmember the NBA finals? Remember when Nelson came in thinking he was an all star? And completely blew games and looked ******** as ever? Which was caused by trying to do too much??

YA THAT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN BOOK IT. Nelsons cocky *** attitude will kill us AGAIN. Other teams dont respect him no one does, he just wants everyone too and he's still trying to prove **** when WE HAVE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT THEN NELSONS CUTE STATS

I dont get why I'm one of the only ones who doesnt see how bad Jameer is for us. I feel like I'm talking to a bunch of sensitive kids who grew up next door neighbors with Jameer or something.
We wont win jack, besides a couple games vs the 76ers, until Jameer goes down again or we get rid of him. He's cost us games with his selfish player, and turnover,dribbling massacre. We got the finals last year, part being he went down and we no longer had some selfish stat hungry PG running the show, with a huge ego, we had a complete team. Everyone played off eachother.

It kinda sucks they got Jamison to matchup with Lewis. I'm really hoping we win this game, but I cant make any predictions

the Cavs just lost their last 2, they're due to win now.

anything can happen, we can win this, they can win this. Hopefully Jameer doesnt give up a career night to Mo Will again.

GO MAGIC

The list goes on and on, all posted in the MAGIC forum... "Damn those homer Magic fans and their dumb blind love for Dwight", so what does that make you?

Raph12
01-05-2012, 03:54 AM
Shaq was in the league for 20 years, he wasn't lazy when he was young. let dwight play for a few more years and see if his motor is the same. Shaq will go down as one of the greatest centers ever. can't get to that point playing lazy. dwight is better at everything defensive? did you see shaq in his prime?

He was still lazy, Shaq had the skills, size and athleticism to be the GOAT, yet he's barely regarded as a Top 5 player. I did see Shaq in his prime, I also noticed that a Shaq-led team was top 5 defensively only once i those 20 years. Shaq accomplished what he did based on his god-given talents alone, if he wanted, he easily could've been the best player ever... Easily.

:facepalm: the ppl here trying to compare Dwight to Shaq needs to stop, Dwight will never as dominate and good as Shaq.

Dwight is already more dominant on the boards and on defense; he'll never be the offensive player Shaq is or close to it, but no one is arguing against that.

MTar786
01-05-2012, 03:56 AM
All shaq has on Dwight is hall of fame teammate and offense. He does nothing else better then Dwight but score

shaq >>>>> dwight

its not even close. and if you think it is then :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:

MTar786
01-05-2012, 03:59 AM

this is the only part of your post that i read and agree with. i didnt read anyting else though

KingPosey
01-05-2012, 04:00 AM
He actually said 28 and 20 every night lol. Just Shaq being Shaq. Last time I checked u never went out and did that, you beautiful black stallion.

Raph12
01-05-2012, 04:06 AM
this is the only part of your post that i read and agree with. i didnt read anyting else though

I'll give you the gist of it; Shaq was lazy for his whole career, preferred offense over defense/rebounding; Dwight isn't lazy and he tries to be the best he can be; Dwight can't be Shaq offensively because of talent, size and bball iq.

Cal827
01-05-2012, 04:34 AM
shaq >>>>> dwight

its not even close. and if you think it is then :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:

lol that's gotta be a record for facepalms in a post. Well done :clap:

ESaady
01-05-2012, 04:40 AM
He actually said 28 and 20 every night lol. Just Shaq being Shaq. Last time I checked u never went out and did that, you beautiful black stallion.
:laugh2:

Cromedome
01-05-2012, 05:03 AM
I've seen Shaq in his prime and he wasn't "lazy" throughout his whole career. He started getting in trouble with his weight around 2002 but he was still dominating nevertheless.

Shaq would DESTROY Dwight.

MAC10TIZZY
01-05-2012, 05:14 AM
LMFAO!!! What a joke, you were a Magic fan as well or did you forget that now that you believe Dwight will be leaving?:

The list goes on and on, all posted in the MAGIC forum... "Damn those homer Magic fans and their dumb blind love for Dwight", so what does that make you?

Wow this by far the best post I've seen on her ytd, great post and 100% epic call out....true defenition of being called out and a bandwagon, well done Ralph

ThuglifeJ
01-05-2012, 05:43 AM
you're allowed to call your own fanbase out. I applaud your wasted effort though. You even did the whole underline thing holy cats.

I will admit im a ****** *** Magic fan and shouldnt call myself one. I dont watch nearly any of their games any more I cant stand the front office, there strategy, nor their roster, and Ive never been a fan of Dwight the robot.

Right now I'm more just neutral following the Mavericks/bandwaggoning I loved that team last year and I want to see my remaining favorite ringless players (VC/Tmac/Nash) get a ring. Kidd and Dirk got one last year and I can honestly say I like Kidd/Dirk last year more than the Magic. That makes me a ****** fan? yes but i'm just being honest with you.

I'll start picking up my <3 for Orlando again once they enter rebuilding. O btw i Lol'ed hard at my Nelson hate..still cant stand that midget.

back on topic. LOL at your arguments Ralph. What is this rec league? "dwight gives it his all!! more than you can say about fatty shaq!!" that is SUCH ********. What Dwight makes Bogut look like is what Shaq would make Dwight look like if they plaeyd together. Surround Dwight with Penny/Kobe? ok Cool you'd get the same dude...Rebounding/Defense monster. A glorified Tyson CHandler or what are you getting at? (ok that was too harsh)

And this "if he tried hed be the greatest C ever!" Are you kidding the dude basically is a lock for top 10 player all time. HOW CAN YOU SAY ANYTHING AGAINST HIM HOW MANY PLAYERS ARE TOP 10 ALL TIME. LIKE 10. do you know how impactful that is? idc how you get there..and for the record I never thought he was lazy just 7'1 and a tank with bad knees 2005-death.
gtfo Dwight wont finish higher than top 40 player all time book it.

ThuglifeJ
01-05-2012, 05:51 AM
btw how can you say Shaq was "given" basketball IQ and touch. Like what the **** kinda argument is that? Bball IQ comes from an array of things, touch comes from an array of things and practice. All was given was his size/height gene. Dwight was given 5 star athleticism at a 6'11 fram and long arms. what the hell does that say about Dwight?

and off the court Dwight threatening to leave? Dwight ripping the Superman nickname? wth is with that anyways? What is Blake Griffin going to start wanting to be called Half Man-Half Amazing now? it's just not right

bgkdbkfda
01-05-2012, 07:09 AM
welcome to: http://50.gd/25

The website wholesale for many kinds of fashion shoes, like the nike,jordan,prada,****, also including the jeans,shirts,bags,hat and the decorations. All the products are free shipping, and the the price is competitive, and also can accept the paypal payment.,after the payment, can ship within short time.

free shipping

competitive price

any size available

accept the paypal

http://50.gd/25

jordan shoes $32

nike shox $32

Christan Audigier bikini $23

Ed Hardy Bikini $23

Smful short_t-shirt_woman $15

ed hardy short_tank_woman $16

Sandal $32

christian louboutin $80

Sunglass $15

COACH_Necklace $27

handbag $33

AF tank woman $17

puma slipper woman $30

http://50.gd/25

kblo247
01-05-2012, 07:17 AM
I've seen Shaq in his prime and he wasn't "lazy" throughout his whole career. He started getting in trouble with his weight around 2002 but he was still dominating nevertheless.

Shaq would DESTROY Dwight.

People gloss over 96-97, 97-98, and 98-99. Shaq got criticized to high hell for being lazy. He got criticized for being too concerned with Hollywood aspirations and records to care about his shape. He missed games, he came up short, and he made no great strides as a player for that period.

In 99-00 Tex Winter is on record of saying he met Shaq that summer to run him through the O before camp, and called him out on all his ****. It is how he got the title "lead insultant". Shaq got pissed, got motivated, cut weight, took care of this body, and won his first MVP and ring.

Next year Shaq came into camp overweight and even insulted Kobe (chronicled on their title DVD) for trying to sow off by improving his game and adding moves over resting like he did from the grind of a finals trip.

Shaq was lazy at his worst in 02-03 with the toe and healing on company time stuff, but his first three years saw him be called out by Dell Harris, Jerry West, and Tex Winters for his focus and dedication.

Now as for what RAPH was saying, Shaq takes a **** on Dwight when it comes to scoring. He especially does on passing. But when it came to rebounding the ball, Dwight ***** on Shaq, when it comes to taking care of your body, Dwight ***** on Shaq, and when it comes to bring it defensively every night protecting the rim and guarding pick and rolls he shuts on Shaq.

Shaq just was far more naturally gifted. He was far more blessed to have guys (Penny, Horace, Nick, Eddie, Kobe, Wade, Nash, Amare, LeBron, Boston's 4) who were the best in the league or top 5 at their position to carry him while he played his way in shape, sat out, didn't care, or was being hack a shaqd.

Dwight as far as Orlando goes, not the nba history as a whole since his career isn't finished, was the better franchise player and did more with far less.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-05-2012, 07:22 AM
Not thread worthy. He's just trying to motivate the guy.

I see it more as a shot than motivation.

abe_froman
01-05-2012, 08:14 AM
too bad no one here actually listened to the conversation as his comment was alluding to a pretty good point.the conversation was about his mentality,whether he's a true alpha male type player or not and that he should be.if he's content getting a good night(even though a good night is great statline) but not going all out,trying to get better.saying he might be cool with just getting 20 and calling it a night when he could get 50 if he tried

Law25
01-05-2012, 08:22 AM
I kind of agree with Shaq. Howards only true competition on the boards are Love and Bynum. Shaq had,Rodman,Robinson,Barkley,Dream,Ewing,Mutombo,Mo urnig,Duncan,Garnett,and Ben Wallace. Just what comes to the top of my head

theheatles
01-05-2012, 10:10 AM
shaq is jealous of dwights fitness

Dankster
01-05-2012, 10:23 AM
LOL put Dwight back in the 90's with the great Centers Shaq saw night in and night out and I'd guarantee you Dwight would be no better than the 3rd or 4th best center in the league.

In their primes, Shaq would absolutely destroy Howard. Anyone who saw him play in the Magic or early LA years would echo that sentiment. It would be kind of embarassing to watch actually, so yes as moronic as he may sound, Shaq is entitled to say whatever he wants basketball wise.

rapjuicer06
01-05-2012, 10:54 AM
People gloss over 96-97, 97-98, and 98-99. Shaq got criticized to high hell for being lazy. He got criticized for being too concerned with Hollywood aspirations and records to care about his shape. He missed games, he came up short, and he made no great strides as a player for that period.

In 99-00 Tex Winter is on record of saying he met Shaq that summer to run him through the O before camp, and called him out on all his ****. It is how he got the title "lead insultant". Shaq got pissed, got motivated, cut weight, took care of this body, and won his first MVP and ring.

Next year Shaq came into camp overweight and even insulted Kobe (chronicled on their title DVD) for trying to sow off by improving his game and adding moves over resting like he did from the grind of a finals trip.

Shaq was lazy at his worst in 02-03 with the toe and healing on company time stuff, but his first three years saw him be called out by Dell Harris, Jerry West, and Tex Winters for his focus and dedication.

Now as for what RAPH was saying, Shaq takes a **** on Dwight when it comes to scoring. He especially does on passing. But when it came to rebounding the ball, Dwight ***** on Shaq, when it comes to taking care of your body, Dwight ***** on Shaq, and when it comes to bring it defensively every night protecting the rim and guarding pick and rolls he shuts on Shaq.

Shaq just was far more naturally gifted. He was far more blessed to have guys (Penny, Horace, Nick, Eddie, Kobe, Wade, Nash, Amare, LeBron, Boston's 4) who were the best in the league or top 5 at their position to carry him while he played his way in shape, sat out, didn't care, or was being hack a shaqd.

Dwight as far as Orlando goes, not the nba history as a whole since his career isn't finished, was the better franchise player and did more with far less.

:clap:

rapjuicer06
01-05-2012, 10:55 AM
LOL put Dwight back in the 90's with the great Centers Shaq saw night in and night out and I'd guarantee you Dwight would be no better than the 3rd or 4th best center in the league.

In their primes, Shaq would absolutely destroy Howard. Anyone who saw him play in the Magic or early LA years would echo that sentiment. It would be kind of embarassing to watch actually, so yes as moronic as he may sound, Shaq is entitled to say whatever he wants basketball wise.

Put Shaq in this era and he'd foul out in the first half

TragicallyHip
01-05-2012, 11:10 AM

This. Show some respect for an all-time great. I bet most of the posters on this site never even saw Shaq in his prime.

SportsAndrew25
01-05-2012, 11:34 AM
Say what you will about Shaq, he won in his career.

Blackryder45
01-05-2012, 11:35 AM

I dont know buddy but last I rem Shaq got doubled and tripled team and the base of the game is to have more point than the opponnents and you win right?
Just saying I think scoring is a huge factor after all its not like the person/team with the most rebounds win lol

SHAQ>>>>>>Dwight
Please dont kid yourself Dwight will always be a shadow of what Shaq was;)

effen5
01-05-2012, 11:46 AM

I mean this is true and all but Shaq also played against some of the greatest centers in the league...

Who the hell is D12 playing against? JoNo and Tyson Chandler in the east? Andrew Bynum in the west?

rapjuicer06
01-05-2012, 12:27 PM
I mean this is true and all but Shaq also played against some of the greatest centers in the league...

Who the hell is D12 playing against? JoNo and Tyson Chandler in the east? Andrew Bynum in the west?

He's also playing against Lebron, Wade, Rose, Durant, Westbrook, Pierce, Anthony...you know...players who drive to the hoop. Dwight is the best help defender in the league, easily. And if those players as much as get touched, they go to the line, and yet, Dwight can still alter their shots. Its not a cool incidence that their field goal % goes down when they play Dwight.

rapjuicer06
01-05-2012, 12:32 PM
I dont know buddy but last I rem Shaq got doubled and tripled team and the base of the game is to have more point than the opponnents and you win right?
Just saying I think scoring is a huge factor after all its not like the person/team with the most rebounds win lol

SHAQ>>>>>>Dwight
Please dont kid yourself Dwight will always be a shadow of what Shaq was;)

And that can't be controled on the defensive side of the floor? Um...the Bulls team from last year say hello to this. They couldn't score a whole lot of points, but neither could other teams. Which is what led them to the best record in the league. Shaq is a lot better than Dwight on offense, for a few reasons. He was smarter, had a lot better back to the basket game, and here's a big one, player in an era where he was hardly EVER called for a charge, even though he lowered his shoulder, elbowed everyone and just completely used all of his 320 lbs to back defenders up. If he would do that in this era....CHARGE....

effen5
01-05-2012, 02:21 PM
He's also playing against Lebron, Wade, Rose, Durant, Westbrook, Pierce, Anthony...you know...players who drive to the hoop. Dwight is the best help defender in the league, easily. And if those players as much as get touched, they go to the line, and yet, Dwight can still alter their shots. Its not a cool incidence that their field goal % goes down when they play Dwight.

We're not talking about defense..we know hes a good defender.

We're talking about Shaq saying D12 should avg 25-20 a game....

In every game, D12 is the biggest athlete on the court and should be averaging a much high PPG then he is because he's not facing Hakeem, Shaq, Ewing, David Robinson, etc....hes facing some of the weakest centers in NBA history.

Storch
01-05-2012, 03:04 PM

Are you serious right now?!?!?!?!? With that mentality that means Dwight Howard's rebounding talent is canceled out too because he has a bunch of rebounding scrubs on his team. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Stop hating on Shaq, he's one of the greatest Centers of all time. He was great at everything a Center should be.

Storch
01-05-2012, 03:08 PM
This thread makes me sick. It's filled with a lot of kids that weren't old enough to see how dominant Shaq was a few days ago. It's hilarious to see people think of Shaq as the Heat/Celtic Shaq where he was washed up. In his early years and especially his prime there was no one as dominant in the NBA as Shaq since Michael Jordan.

rapjuicer06
01-05-2012, 03:10 PM
We're not talking about defense..we know hes a good defender.

We're talking about Shaq saying D12 should avg 25-20 a game....

In every game, D12 is the biggest athlete on the court and should be averaging a much high PPG then he is because he's not facing Hakeem, Shaq, Ewing, David Robinson, etc....hes facing some of the weakest centers in NBA history.

He's also getting about 10-15 touches a game. He's on a team who's game plan is to play defense and shoot three's. Not get the ball to Dwight. There's nothing Dwight can do about that. He demands the ball and people bash him for that, he doesn't demand the ball and he still has people on his case.

Are you serious right now?!?!?!?!? With that mentality that means Dwight Howard's rebounding talent is canceled out too because he has a bunch of rebounding scrubs on his team. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Stop hating on Shaq, he's one of the greatest Centers of all time. He was great at everything a Center should be.

If you can't admit that Shaq was very lazy then you're a fool. Shaq is one of the greatest Centers of all time...he could have easily been the greatest to ever play, but he was lazy.

Dolfan305
01-05-2012, 03:12 PM
Wow, Shaq is ****ing annoying. I don't even watch pre game on TNT cause of him.

nickdymez
01-05-2012, 03:26 PM

Shaq retired this year.

Blackryder45
01-05-2012, 04:08 PM
And that can't be controled on the defensive side of the floor? Um...the Bulls team from last year say hello to this. They couldn't score a whole lot of points, but neither could other teams. Which is what led them to the best record in the league. Shaq is a lot better than Dwight on offense, for a few reasons. He was smarter, had a lot better back to the basket game, and here's a big one, player in an era where he was hardly EVER called for a charge, even though he lowered his shoulder, elbowed everyone and just completely used all of his 320 lbs to back defenders up. If he would do that in this era....CHARGE....

Come on man stop comparing rule's in era, I mean does dwight play with the Ewings, Malone, Robinson, Duncan(Prime), Mutombo(way better than Chanadler for defense), and OOO OLAJUWON and honestly past era were more physical, You cant tell me players guarding Shaq didnt foul him harder than they do Dwight. Shaq was dominant and my bad your right on the defense thing but last I rem Shaq clogged that middle pretty good himself.

I will put this out Im a Laker Fan and I would only trade Bynum for Dwight

But if this was Shaq (Dwights age), Man I'd throw Gasol, Bynum, Nichloson, and Stallone in the trade lol:cool:

BULLSFAN0810
01-05-2012, 04:21 PM
Shaq's a joke, he uses the media to throw shots out at guys, Shaq at his best was rebounding on par with Dwight's sophmore season... Dwight's one of the greatest rebounders of all time, but in order for him to avg 20rpg in this era, he'd need a rb rate over 33% for about 36+mpg, which is unprecedented (closest was 29.7% by DRod in 1994-95 in 49 games | no other player grabbed even 25% for anywhere close to 50+gms).

For the impact Dwight has on the defensive end, nearly contesting or affecting any shot even remotely close to the basket, Dwight gets a crazy amount of rebounds. Shaq was the lesser defensive impact player and yet still a lesser rebounder.

Shaq thinking Dwight should get 25-20 every game should be a compliment to Dwight, he's so good Shaq thinks he could do what no player has ever done before (when stats are adjusted).

I'm going to lay into you.Shaq saying IMO this NBA is weaker than when he played, and if hewas in his prime like Howard he would put up 25 ~ 20 . you guys act if Shaq isn't the best player since MJ. You guys act like Duncan was a challenge to Shaq.You guys forgot Shaq in his prime meant ish wasn't happening down low on offense and defense free their line down. So yeah, I give Shaq comment validity because when he played he was so unguardable you had to give him free throws..you had to! And for 10q years he had it like that ;maybe more, he played 20 years 16 at a high clip.so yeah in this weak NBAwhere they don't foul hard, LBj is king {joke) A Shaq same age as Howard would kill this soft NBA.

nickdymez
01-05-2012, 04:29 PM
I'm going to lay into you.Shaq saying IMO this NBA is weaker than when he played, and of her was in his prime like Howard he would put up 25 ~ 20 . you guys act if Shaq isn't the best player since MJ. You guys act like Duncan was a challenge to Shaq.You guys forgot Shaq in his prime meant ish wasn't happening down low on offense and defense free their line down. So yeah, I give Shaq comment validity because when he played her was so unguardable you had to give him free throws..you had to! And for 10q years he had out like that maybe more, he played 20 years 16 at a high clip.so yrah in this wreak NBAwhere they don't foul hard, LBj is king {joke) A Shaq same age as Howard would kill this soft NBA.

I used to laugh when Duncan and Robinson would try and stick Shaq...

ThuglifeJ
01-05-2012, 04:54 PM
wow nearly all of these posters hyping dwight are soooo biased and making up the dumbest excuses. "Dwight doesn't play against anything but **** centers BUT he plays against guys like Rose, Westbrook, Wade, Lebron, (and I saw a Pierce LOL) and guys who drive to to the basket." What does that even mean! Shaq played against JORDAN, Lebron, Rose, Wade, Vinsanity, Tmac, prime Pierce, Francis, Sprewell, Hill etc etc. All guys who drive as well and has seen even more
The arguments are soo dumb you guys are applying do you even read them before you post them?
What's next...'Global Warming wasn't as apparent in Shaq's time as it is now, which affects the humidity and your ability to finish in the paint"

this doesnt even qualify for argument yet. Shaq is >>>> Dwight by a landslide right now. MVP, Finals MVPs, Stats, ok yea those are facts you cant argue against.

Vincent
01-05-2012, 04:56 PM

Uhhh....

Are you old enough to see Shaq in his prime?

Shaq was a serious BEAST in Orlando and in the early stages of his Lakers days.

amos1er
01-05-2012, 04:57 PM
lol....Like Shaq (Mr. toe surgery right before the season starts) has any room to call any one out for being lazy or underachieving. Like him, if Dwight shows up in the playoffs and takes the regular season off, who cares as long as his team is winning right. :rolleyes:

Raph12
01-05-2012, 05:55 PM
You guys are tripping, did you know that only once in 19 years, did a Shaq-led team finish top 5 defensively? Did you know that Shaq's best rebounding season is on par with Dwight's sophmore season?

Nobody said Dwight could even compare to Shaq on offense, not once did I ever say it was anywhere close on offense. Shaq was lazy as hell, he could've been better than MJ could dream of being, but he settled and for that he's not even Top 5 all time.

Would Shaq eat Dwight in his prime? Hell yeah, but with that being said, he'd also **** all over Kareem, Hakeem, Wilt, Russell or any center in league history. If Shaq tries, he could've took a **** all over the NBA in any era. But he didn't, his rebounding and defense were lacking and he was constantly out of shape... Telling Dwight to get 28-20 in this era is ********, not because of the 28, which is possible with the right amount of touches (considering Dwight had 23ppg last season on 59+FG%); but getting 20 rebounds per game in today's era is borderline impossible.

It's a compliment to Dwight that Shaq believes he could get 20rpg, a HUGE compliment, Shaq is basically saying Dwight could be the greatest rebounder in league history if he tried.

Btw Thuglife, I'm not reading into anything you say, you admitted you're a bandwagonner; you just look for the next big thing. No point of arguing with someone who just jumps on any train everyone else is jumping on, your opinion is fabricated, not genuine.

ThuglifeJ
01-05-2012, 06:37 PM
lol no. I dont like the Magic right now, the whole orginization, roster, FO etc just I dont like so in the meantime I want my favorite ringless players to get a shot in the Finals. Kidd/Dirk were ringless before last year hence my I was cheering for Mavs last year. Im sure plenty were.

And that honesty doesn't make my opinion not genuine at all. I think BIASED fans about their team have non-genuine opinions because they will be apologists for their franchise player to stupid extents. To the extent that they think Dwight Howard is as good or better than Shaq. Shaq is to Dwight as what Dwight is to Bogut. And that is GENEROUS because in Shaq's Era he had centers better than Dwight (arguably).

stop running from the truth for ****s sake Dwight isnt Shaq or nearly as good never will be and never will have the impact Shaq did on the league. And LOL at putting anyones expectations at GOAT or Jordan. give me a break!

ThuglifeJ
01-05-2012, 06:43 PM
o and btw Slam magazine (not that I agree) ranked Shaq 4th best player of all time behind MJ, Wilt, Bill Russell. I mean you can argue Magic and KAJ ahead of him but still there goes your "shaq couldnt even finish top 5 all time"

theheatles
01-05-2012, 06:51 PM
This thread makes me sick. It's filled with a lot of kids that weren't old enough to see how dominant Shaq was a few days ago. It's hilarious to see people think of Shaq as the Heat/Celtic Shaq where he was washed up. In his early years and especially his prime there was no one as dominant in the NBA as Shaq since Michael Jordan.

why would you mention the heat, shaq actually had 1 prime yr in miami (almost mvp) and another solid yr...shaq stunk it up his last yr in miami and on...in phoenix and cleveland he licked nuts

Rndy
01-05-2012, 06:55 PM

lol at the worst post of the year. Shaq won a ring in this "era" with Miami.

Raph12
01-05-2012, 06:55 PM
lol no. I dont like the Magic right now, the whole orginization, roster, FO etc just I dont like so in the meantime I want my favorite ringless players to get a shot in the Finals. Kidd/Dirk were ringless before last year hence my I was cheering for Mavs last year. Im sure plenty were.

And that honesty doesn't make my opinion not genuine at all. I think BIASED fans about their team have non-genuine opinions because they will be apologists for their franchise player to stupid extents. To the extent that they think Dwight Howard is as good or better than Shaq. Shaq is to Dwight as what Dwight is to Bogut. And that is GENEROUS because in Shaq's Era he had centers better than Dwight (arguably).

stop running from the truth for ****s sake Dwight isnt Shaq or nearly as good never will be and never will have the impact Shaq did on the league. And LOL at putting anyones expectations at GOAT or Jordan. give me a break!

No you being a bandwagonner makes your opinion forged, you just like to follow in the direction of others. Arguing with someone like you is futile, you have limited basketball knowledge and just pounce on others opinions if they are unique from the crowd. When you can form your own opinion without reading 40 articles from ESPN or SLAM mag (both garbage sources), get back at me.

You're confused if you think anyone here believes Dwight is better than Shaq and you must either be delusional and/or just like to put words into people's mouths. Dwight's better defensively and on the glass and if you don't believe that, then god help you.

As for Shaq's potential, his numbers in his prime were just as good as MJ's (not just per game), so if he really tried to apply himself to each and every aspect of the game like MJ did, no **** he'd rock it and be GOAT.

o and btw Slam magazine (not that I agree) ranked Shaq 4th best player of all time behind MJ, Wilt, Bill Russell. I mean you can argue Magic and KAJ ahead of him but still there goes your "shaq couldnt even finish top 5 all time"

Right because SLAM mag is gospel right? If you have Shaq ahead of guys like Michael Jordan, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Wilt Chamberlain, Magic Johnson, Bill Russell or even Larry Bird then you don't know much about basketball (unless we're strictly talking primes).

smith&wesson
01-05-2012, 07:05 PM

this

gauth25
01-05-2012, 07:15 PM
People on here are funny. Quit with the biased opinions and look at the facts.

Shaq is clearly one of the greatest to ever play the game but you seem to forget this is what, Dwight's 6-7th year in the league? He's already won how many defensive player of the year awards and he seems to be getting better every year offensively. Van Gundy doesn't run the offense through him, he likes to run a perimeter offense and let his players jack up stupid shots. Live by the sword, die by the sword. Why did Shaq win so many titles? Yes, he did have a great supporting cast throughout his whole career but the Lakers ran the offense through him. He got the ball down low and punished teams. They made a fricken rule for him.

Shaq obviously worked hard to get what he did but face the facts, he was lazy. He's one of the athletes that almost entirely coasted off of his talents. He had the body that could handle not working hard when he was younger but it's funny as he got older, he couldn't hide it. Didn't he go to Phoenix and he had to be put on a conditioning program to get back into shape before playing? I thought so.

Dwight has the 'potential' to be great than Shaq is he continues to work as hard and he does and continues to work on his offensive game. But that's a big IF.

Clearly, Shaq is greater than Dwight at this point but you forget how young Dwight is.

Take a look at the way Shaq went out and how quickly he did. There's a reason for it and don't give me the BS excuse about age. He didn't want to work hard because he was satisfied with what he had accomplished. There's a reason why people like Kobe and Tom Brady continue to play as well as they do. They work their butt off regardless of how old they are.