PDA

View Full Version : Watch out NBA, the Raptors are better than advertised...

Pages : [1] 2

GodsSon
01-05-2012, 12:24 AM
Before anybody throws out "it's only been 6 games", I've already seen enough premature threads about other issues in the NBA forum and decided to show my hometown team some love.

First off, Dwane Casey has been an absolute God-send and has already had a noticeable impact on our team from a DEFENSIVE standpoint as we are currently tied for 18th in Def. Eff., 13th in Opp. FG%, 14th in Opp. PPG and currently rank 2nd in Opp. points in the paint behind only Orlando. All the while still maintaining a top 15 offence. Impressive for a team many said didn't have the personnel to be able to defend.

There's also been a noticeable difference in a few of our players; namely, Bargs, DeRozan and Calderon. Jose Calderon has seemingly found the fountain of youth thus far and is playing at an All-Star calibre level right now. 12 points, 9.8 assists, 3.8 rpg and 1.0 stls on 49 FG% (47 3FG%) and is still perfect from the FT line while boasting only 1.9 TOPG; and an ORTG of 130 and DRTG of 108 (tied for the best in his career) with 22 win shares per 48. While he'll never be a great defender, his has looked significantly better out there under Casey's solidifying of the team D.

Next up, Bargnani. We all knew he could score the ball incredibly well and was a good offensive player, but he's seemingly taken his game to the next level in more than one aspect this year. First off, he's averaging the highest PPG of his career with greater efficiency (52 FG%) and with fewer FG attempts. He is playing much closer to the rim this season, and is averaging the highest amount of FTA in his career combined with the lowest amount of 3PA. His play-making has significantly improved (2.4 apg), and he looks much more engaged on D, boasting the second highest DRTG of his career. Yes, his rebounding is still not high enough, but he seems to have significant improvement in other areas of his game that you can live with the 6 boards he'll get you. Oh, his stat-line tonight? 31 points (11-16 FG), 7 boards, 3 assists and a block. Solid.

Last is DeRozan, but I'll keep this brief and only make one point. For a guy who was so heavily criticized for shooting a pathetic 9% from 3 last year, he is definitely showing the work he put into his shot during the lockout and is currently 10-16 from 3 this year (62.5%), shot 5-8 tonight, and has already surpassed his entire COMBINED total of made 3 point attempts from his first two seasons.

I know, I know, we're only 3-3 with two wins coming against the Cavs; but in our 3 losses against Indy, Dallas and Orlando we have been RIGHT there with them in the last 5 minutes of the 4th Q. So while we will probably not make the playoffs this year, we're not going to be the roll-over team that many in the NBA forum predicted IMO. With Valanciunas, a likely top 8 pick in the 2012 draft plus a ton of cap-space next summer and a full year of tutelage under Casey, we could potentially be a very good team on the rise in the EC as early as next year.

Dolfan305
01-05-2012, 12:28 AM
wow!, 3-3. Congrats on ALMOST beating the Mavs, Pacers and Magic!

tyfreaks brotha
01-05-2012, 12:31 AM
:yawn:

jimbobjarree
01-05-2012, 12:32 AM
may as well raise the banner at the ACC already

FriedTofuz
01-05-2012, 12:32 AM
Raptors definatly look improved , especially bargnani and derozan. However, its only been 6 games, and the raptors beat only teams that were under .500. Yes they lost to the mavericks and magic because of mental toughness but that isnt an excuse. They allowed the magic to shoot 49% during the game though, which was unacceptable. Mavericks shot 44%. when the raptors play against contending teams, theyre defense wasn as good as it was against cleveland and new york.

Lakeshow24KB
01-05-2012, 12:38 AM
Is someone talking about Canada? Next thread...

GodsSon
01-05-2012, 12:38 AM

I suppose the NBA forum is best served talking about Haslem vs. Bosh and whether a Pau for Bosh trade makes sense.

GTFO

Tmath
01-05-2012, 12:41 AM
I suppose the NBA forum is best served talking about Haslem vs. Bosh and whether a Pau for Bosh trade makes sense.

GTFO

This. Ignorance in some people. :pity:

Stuckey#3
01-05-2012, 12:41 AM
Derozan will be top 5 SG by seasons end. I hate to say it... but they are looking pretty good. They could be the OKC of the east next year. Young talent that is learning how to finish games.

Kenny Powders
01-05-2012, 12:42 AM

typical of a kid whose been here for all of a month.

GodsSon
01-05-2012, 12:42 AM

Says the guy with Drake as his avatar lol. Hilarious.

Rego247
01-05-2012, 12:44 AM

Lol what a twat.

Raph12
01-05-2012, 12:45 AM

Magic are 5-2, same as the Thunder and 1 game behind the Heat for 1st in the East... Do some research before talking.

Sadds The Gr8
01-05-2012, 12:45 AM
As soon as I opened this thread, I knew the OP and Raptors would be getting bashed. We always get crucified in this ****in forum lmao

Kenny Powders
01-05-2012, 12:46 AM

:laugh2:

Jay
01-05-2012, 12:46 AM

I hate people like you!

mvb815
01-05-2012, 12:47 AM
i've seen every game thus far and the raptors are SOLID.

i was expecting this to be a tanking year and was waiting to brag about how good they'll be next year, but they are impressive.

the only thing they need to work on is closing out games, they should be at least 4-2 right now

Kenny Powders
01-05-2012, 12:47 AM
As soon as I opened this thread, I knew the OP and Raptors would be getting bashed. We always get crucified in this ****in forum lmao

That's because the majority of the NBA forum is 14 year olds living in mom and dads basement.

FriedTofuz
01-05-2012, 12:49 AM

Lakeshow24KB , he got you there. Did you know drake is from canada?

Jay
01-05-2012, 12:50 AM
Bargnani is playing at an all-star level. He's making the transition to "great" NBA player. Better late than never.

FriedTofuz
01-05-2012, 12:50 AM
That's because the majority of the NBA forum is 14 year olds living in mom and dads basement.

well if theyre 14 where do you expect them to live, on the street? I think you meant to say people with an older age lol

FriedTofuz
01-05-2012, 12:51 AM
people will start giving bargnani more love and will agree that he was the best player out of the 2006 draft

Kinglorious
01-05-2012, 12:51 AM

Ha. Ha.

FriedTofuz
01-05-2012, 12:52 AM
instead of bashing canada, focus on the progress of the raptors.

Kenny Powders
01-05-2012, 12:53 AM
well if theyre 14 where do you expect them to live, on the street? I think you meant to say people with an older age lol

Sorry, I meant to say the majority of them are immature brats.

Tmath
01-05-2012, 12:53 AM
Lol what a twat.

haha

Kinglorious
01-05-2012, 12:54 AM
Dwane Casey is the best thing that could have happened to this team.

Geargo Wallace
GodsSon, you're my boy, but please stop trolling with this thread. You're making us Toronto fans look like Bulls fans. I hate looking this stupid.

Sadds The Gr8
Lol what a twat.

:laugh:

Luca68
instead of bashing canada, focus on the progress of the raptors.

this thank youu

Cal827
01-05-2012, 12:55 AM
Sorry, I meant to say the majority of them are immature brats.

I got sympathy for a lot of them. It's not their fault that their parents are cousins :D

blastmasta26
01-05-2012, 12:55 AM
The increased focus on defense is huge, and the Raptors just seem to be working harder all around. If Valanciunas makes an immediate impact next season, the playoffs will definitely be within reach.

murphturph
01-05-2012, 12:56 AM
Yo **** the haters, Raptors are on the Come UP!

John Walls Era
01-05-2012, 12:57 AM
:yawn:

Just finished watching the Kings I see ;)

LOL at having Drake in ur dpic

Recruits aren't allowed in here.

NSJ
01-05-2012, 12:58 AM
So while we will probably not make the playoffs this year, we're not going to be the roll-over team that many in the NBA forum predicted IMO.

I don't see why they couldn't take the 8 seed, there's a lot of sub par ball being played right and if you continue to improve with the rest of them they could make it. Bargnani is still lookin soft on the glass and if he could start grabbin around 10 a game the Raps would be looking real good.

Kinglorious
01-05-2012, 12:59 AM
Some cap space this summer too... Things are looking up.

topdog
1. It's great when fan-bases are energized and get to enjoy watching their team rather than holding themselves hostage as the beatdown finishes up. I, as a Wolves fan, have seen both sides of this.

2. I keep having to remind myself to keep the standings in context. I hate the close losses my Wolves have experienced leaving them 2-4 BUT it's 6 games and not every team has played the same opponents.

3. Here's to a great, if not winning, NBA season for all! :cheers:

Gibby
i saw the raptors play and i know they improved but lets wait. Your making all raptor fans look bad. 2 wins against cavs and 1 against an amare less knicks is not a big deal.

Gibby
01-05-2012, 01:01 AM
people will start giving bargnani more love and will agree that he was the best player out of the 2006 draft

aldridge?

Rego247
01-05-2012, 01:02 AM
LOL at having Drake in ur dpic

Recruits aren't allowed in here.

He's probably changing his avatar as we speak.

RD-Swaggg
01-05-2012, 01:03 AM
Ye raps looking good, raps said there looking to draft Thuryl Saddler from Ravenscliffe University.

Slimsim
01-05-2012, 01:03 AM
The Lockout really ****ed with reality

CousinsEvansDUO
01-05-2012, 01:04 AM
No. Absolutely no way. None of these games mean anything wins or losses it doesn't matter. Pretend this is the preseason because in reality it is. This is the time that normally teams would be playing in preseason games. Kings are losing but we shouldn't be losing..none of this means anything and it will change after 1 month. Forget it raptors fans your way over your head.

GodsSon
01-05-2012, 01:05 AM
Derozan will be top 5 SG by seasons end. I hate to say it... but they are looking pretty good. They could be the OKC of the east next year. Young talent that is learning how to finish games.

Big praise from a cousin south of the 401. Respect.

Dolfan305
I don't see why they couldn't take the 8 seed, there's a lot of sub par ball being played right and if you continue to improve with the rest of them they could make it. Bargnani is still lookin soft on the glass and if he could start grabbin around 10 a game the Raps would be looking real good.

There are 8 teams in the East clearly better than Toronto IMO. Heat, Bulls, Celtics, Hawks, Magic, Knicks, 76ers, Pacers.

Tmath
Still very early but I like what I'm seeing so far.

blastmasta26
aldridge?
Roy...until...:sigh:

Kenny Powders
No. Absolutely no way. None of these games mean anything wins or losses it doesn't matter. Pretend this is the preseason because in reality it is. This is the time that normally teams would be playing in preseason games. Kings are losing but we shouldn't be losing..none of this means anything and it will change after 1 month. Forget it raptors fans your way over your head.

Maybe we will get Cousins, seeing as he doesn't want to play with the Kings.

Sportfan
Bargs looks a lot better I must say

Won't be a playoff team, but defiantly on the right path

GodsSon
01-05-2012, 01:06 AM
GodsSon, you're my boy, but please stop trolling with this thread. You're making us Toronto fans look like Bulls fans. I hate looking this stupid.

lol there's only about 1 Raptor thread per year in the NBA forum. With that said, they're usually started by me :D.

topdog
01-05-2012, 01:07 AM

Seriously dude? A Sacto fan is trying to chastize Raps fans for being hopeful and optimistic? I would think a fan of a "lowly" team like th Kings would be more understanding.

I'm a Wolves fan. You wanna make a sig bet?

Tmath
01-05-2012, 01:07 AM
aldridge?

Alridge has been the better for sure.

Il Mago50
01-05-2012, 01:10 AM
It's time that people finally start showing some love to Andrea Bargnani and the Toronto Raptors. I'm not going to get into the improvements by Bargnani because watching a handful of games will tell you all you need to know.

The fact is that our team is one that is very close to being able to not only compete with the best of them within a year's time, but one where free agents might seriously consider.

The core of this team is currently made up of Andrea Bargnani, who has 25 PPG potential and brings an offensive game that has rarely been seen in the league outside of names like Stojakovic, Durant, Dirk and Bird at that size. Next, you have Demar Derozen, who is quickly climbing the ranks as one of the top young SGs in the game. For these two alone, the thing that one must know is that they work their ****ing *** off each and every offseason. A team's star leads by example and these two are the hardest workers on the team and have consistently improved their game each and every year to reach this level and open the stage for further improvement in the future.

Outside of those two, we have Ed Davis, who at the very least is a Taj Gibson like 12-10 type player who provides good shot blocking, a nose for the ball, scrapiness and a load of potential as he is still very raw both game and skill wise. Next, you have arguably the best player out of last year's draft in Jonas Valancianus who will be joining this team next season to provide interior defense, rebounding and scoring.

With the core of Derozen, Bargnani, Davis and Valancianus, you already have a bright future.

After those guys, I'd like to delve into this year's draft pick. Currently, the only teams I see that will finish with less win then us are: Washington, NJ, Charlotte, Sacramento, Detroit and Cleveland with the Jazz and Hornets also being close to us in terms of where we'll end up in my opinion. That gives us a pick in the 7-12 range which in this very deep draft can net us a very good player such as Michael Gilchrist, Kendall Marshall, Perry Jones, etc., any of which would be a good piece to the team's future plans.

With those players alone, you have yourself one of the better cores in the league for the foreseeable future.

That leads me to a big hypothetical. We all know CP3 has decided his fate. Now, there is talk that if the Magic do not trade Dwight, they could either retain him or there is talks of him and Deron teaming up in Dallas with Dirk. Now, in the event that this cannot happen or Dwight is dealt to the Lakers, I could see us as being an attractive destination for a star that is looking for a team to win a championship.

I know it sounds weird at worst but listen to me for a minute. In the event that Dwight and Deron cannot team up, who would Deron rather join: an aging Dallas team that has another 2-3 top flight years of Dirk and nothing much else to compete for a championship or a team that has a two up and coming stars, good young post players and good role players like Amir Johnson, James Johnson and Jose Calderon (who is a top 15-20 PG in the league at the moment and the best back-up in the league if used that way).

The future is bright for our team guys, you better believe it.

GodsSon
01-05-2012, 01:12 AM
Did people actually ready my post? I said at the beginning and end of it that it's still early and that we probably don't make the playoffs this year. What I was pointing out, was the drastic increase on the defensive end as we are in the top half of MOST defensive categories; something we repeatedly were trolled about throughout the lock-out. The three players I pointed out have also started the season on fire and are proving they're worth more than what the average poster likes to harp on.

Also, I consistently kept seeing people say we would be a bottom two team, but I really don't see that happening from what I've seen THUS FAR. I never said anywhere in my post we would win a championship or never alluded to that; trolls will be trolls though, I suppose.

Kinglorious
01-05-2012, 01:12 AM

Ah, shut up!

beasted86
01-05-2012, 01:14 AM

GTFO
^Clowns these days... :rolleyes:

Go check who started those threads. Then get back to me.

Il Mago50
01-05-2012, 01:15 AM
btw for the idiots that are ripping Canada....

Who's 14-16 trillion dollars in debt, attacking countries and putting in political puppets all for a few barrels of oil, has a higher unemployment rate, 90 million of 350 million people living off of food stamps and where 1 % of the people make more then 96% of the country combined.

Canada is a great country, fix your ****ing **** hole of a country and get out of your delusional bubble where China doesn't own your *** because of debt and your still a superpower and the "land of opportunity"

coolmo
01-05-2012, 01:16 AM

is this a joke? not even funny.
prepare to make another account, cuz u aren't going to see cousins for long with evans.

GodsSon
01-05-2012, 01:17 AM

That's not the point.

The point is that it's called the NBA FORUM. The NBA consists of 30 teams, not 5, so if a fan of a team that isn't as "popular" wants to make a thread about their team, they have just as much of a right as anyone else.

I, for one, have been glad to see an increased presence of Wolves, Pacers and Clippers threads and hope for more diversity in the near future.

Nick O
01-05-2012, 01:19 AM
bargs is beastin right now and DD is looking good but..... i mean... its been 6 games and were... 3 and 3... 2 of those wins coming against the Cavs.. so im not exactly ready to say much

cdnsportsfan
01-05-2012, 01:21 AM
Way too early to make any big claims but the team as a whole looks more organized, they are finally concentrating on D for the first time in years, and they seem more confident as a whole. They'll have plenty of cap room this offseason and hey, let's be honest, they're playing well right now but they won't be making the playoffs so they have a lottery pick coming as well. Put that together with an actual Centre arriving next season and things look bright for the future of this team.

Playoffs will not happen this season, may not happen next season either, but Toronto is moving in the right direction and the postseason is closer rather than further away. And as a Raps fan it's great to see!

Cal827
01-05-2012, 01:26 AM

The great CED speaks again :clap:

Some of it is valid, but the irony of this comment just made me **** in my pants.

BALLER R
01-05-2012, 01:28 AM
Toronto has beat the teams its suppose to beat and their banging with the teams that are better than them on paper

mvb815
01-05-2012, 01:28 AM
everybody's chastizing the wins because 2 of them were against the cavs?

don't look now, but the cavs are 3-1 against teams that aren't the raptors.

beasted86
01-05-2012, 01:29 AM
That's not the point.

The point is that it's called the NBA FORUM. The NBA consists of 30 teams, not 5, so if a fan of a team that isn't as "popular" wants to make a thread about their team, they have just as much of a right as anyone else.

I, for one, have been glad to see an increased presence of Wolves, Pacers and Clippers threads and hope for more diversity in the near future.

I actually side with your point of view, but as the known HEAT hater that you are, I'm sure it's no coincidence you made an effort to try and point out two Miami HEAT related threads. It was a needless jab because of your dislike of the attention Miami gets. But the truth is at least 90% of those threads in the NBA forum are started by non-HEAT fans.

Anyway, on topic, the Raptors are a defensive/shooting SF away from getting into the playoff chase.

I like what the team is getting out of Calderon and Bayless. Reminds of the days of TJ Ford and Calderon. Bargnani can put up points and has Johnson and Davis to help cover him on the glass and defensive end.

But seriously the team needs to amnesty Kleiza and get a defensive wing who is a lot better than crappy Rasual Butler.

Tmath
01-05-2012, 01:30 AM
That's not the point.

ESPN makes people stupid.

Nick O
01-05-2012, 01:32 AM
I actually side with your point of view, but as the known HEAT hater that you are, I'm sure it's no coincidence you made an effort to try and point out two Miami HEAT related threads. It was a needless jab because of your dislike of the attention Miami gets. But the truth is at least 90% of those threads in the NBA forum are started by non-HEAT fans.

Anyway, on topic, the Raptors are a defensive/shooting SF away from getting into the playoff chase.

I like what the team is getting out of Calderon and Bayless. Reminds of the days of TJ Ford and Calderon. Bargnani can put up points and has Johnson and Davis to help cover him on the glass and defensive end.

But seriously the team needs to amnesty Kleiza and get a defensive wing who is a lot better than crappy Rasual Butler.

yessssss

Gram

Do you just like typing? Because everything you type is ****ing lame, stupid, and laughed at by every other person on this forum. Stupid kid. Eat your tongue and sit down!

Pfeifer
It's just nice to be able to sit down and watch a raps team put in an organized, hard fought effort. It's amazing what a good coach can do for you. This type of defensive game plan is exactly what Andrea needed, and most importantly, what this team and franchise needed. We have gone so long without any real identity and this could finally be the beginning of a good one. I think as raptors fans it's just good to have some real hope for this team.

8lllllD
mannn i knew bargs was gonna go off when he got put as a starting PF!!

go bargs!!!!!!!!!! and demar of course.. he also didnt slack during the lockout.. LOVES IT

b@llhog24

:speechless:

Nick O
Do you just like typing? Because everything you type is ****ing lame, stupid, and laughed at by every other person on this forum. Stupid kid. Eat your tongue and sit down!

lol this

Tmath
01-05-2012, 01:33 AM

I would like them to go after Batum in free agency.

BALLER R
01-05-2012, 01:33 AM

thought you were going somewhere with this but nope. teams aren't playing preason basketball, because there aren't preseason lineups on the court and guys are logging 40+ minutes that doesn't happen in preseson. guys are relaxing like they do in preseason either. Your a kings fan how are you saying anything about toronto. We will probably beat you guys when we face you. yes i know bold prediction.

Jay
01-05-2012, 01:48 AM
Keep it up, GodsSon.

Keep fighting for the rights of the NBA forum's disenfranchised!

heatfan03
01-05-2012, 01:51 AM
there's a team in toronto ?

Sadds The Gr8
01-05-2012, 01:54 AM

that transvestite on your team played for Toronto for 7 years. U wouldn't know though since you most likely didn't give a **** about the NBA until him and Lebron joined your team.

Team*Chicago
01-05-2012, 02:05 AM
They're better than the Knicks.

heatfan03
01-05-2012, 02:06 AM
that transvestite on your team played for Toronto for 7 years. U wouldn't know though since you most likely didn't give a **** about the NBA until him and Lebron joined your team.

U Mad ?

and been a fan since age of 6 back when it was Thunder Dan , Hardaway and Mourning , through thick and thin. Take a joke broski and lighten up

Sadds The Gr8
01-05-2012, 02:08 AM
U Mad ?

and been a fan since age of 6 back when it was Thunder Dan , Hardaway and Mourning , through thick and thin. Take a joke broski and lighten up

cool story bruh

Rego247
01-05-2012, 02:10 AM
U Mad ?

LOL. What a creative twat you are.

Cal827
01-05-2012, 02:11 AM
U Mad ?

Meh not really, you overpaid for a good, not franchise player, and we have some cap space. Everyone moved on.

marvILLous
01-05-2012, 02:13 AM
U Mad ?

sucky joke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHoNWwhzh3M

8lllllD
01-05-2012, 02:14 AM
Originally Posted by heatfan03
U Mad ?

He got really creative with it though.. not

chitownbears89
01-05-2012, 02:21 AM

As opposed to what, clowns in the olden days?

BALLER R
01-05-2012, 02:23 AM
no offense but most americans hate on toronto because their uneducated when it comes to canada

chitownbears89
01-05-2012, 02:24 AM

Funny, since Miami team owners are asking if there are any fans in Miami.

Bulls_fan90
01-05-2012, 02:24 AM
Like a Bosh.

Btw Ed Davis needs more playing time. Kid can play.

8lllllD
01-05-2012, 02:35 AM
no offense but most americans hate on toronto because their uneducated when it comes to canada

this!!

8lllllD
01-05-2012, 02:35 AM
BTW we don't all live in igloos and only eat maple syrup

meloman1592
01-05-2012, 02:46 AM

Okc????? They have NOBODY NEAR the talent of Durant or Westbrook

Ragun
01-05-2012, 02:46 AM

lol i dont think so man. he's pretty overrated by the Raptor fans and probably NBA fans too. he's still too one dimensional. he has ways to go. he needs to improved his basketball IQ too.

THE MTL
01-05-2012, 02:48 AM
Lakers, Celtics, Knicks all suck right now.....do u think thats going to keep up? The league will balance itself in another month.

Ragun
01-05-2012, 02:49 AM

lmaooooo...this guy again. im not even gonna reply to this ********.

Ragun
01-05-2012, 02:57 AM
lol there's only about 1 Raptor thread per year in the NBA forum. With that said, they're usually started by me :D.

you said this team wasnt a playoff team, i dont know why people are still pointing that out. this is a good thread but its not liek raptor fans are saying they will make the playoffs.

meloman1592
01-05-2012, 03:01 AM
This is how you know the raptors SUCK..a thread was made because they MIGHT be better then ppl thought after a 3-3 record with 2 wins against the cavs and 1 against a discombobulated knick team. If they can beat a team thats not from cleveland or beat the Knicks again in about a month or so, then i'll say deserve to be taken note of. Until then, the raptors only matter to rapter fans...they're of no importance to the rest of the league. Yes I'm a knick fan and yes i know we suck at the moment...yes the raptors beat us...there you have it.

Ragun
01-05-2012, 03:02 AM

Who's 14-16 trillion dollars in debt, attacking countries and putting in political puppets all for a few barrels of oil, has a higher unemployment rate, 90 million of 350 million people living off of food stamps and where 1 % of the people make more then 96% of the country combined.

Canada is a great country, fix your ****ing **** hole of a country and get out of your delusional bubble where China doesn't own your *** because of debt and your still a superpower and the "land of opportunity"

lol thats unnecessary man. every1 is just making jokes.

Ragun
01-05-2012, 03:06 AM

honestly, right now the raps lack offense. Bargnani, Calderon and DD are not enough. we havent scored 100 points this season yet and I think it will help us get over the hump of losing our lead late in the 4th. our defense has been really strong, believe it or not. its bringing tears to my eyes seeing guys rotating on defense. ive honestly never remembered seeing it from the Raps in the past. and especially Bargs doing it...its a miracle!

Ragun
01-05-2012, 03:08 AM

well his name says Heatfan and he joined in 09 before the big three thing.

EDIT: whoops, can a mod just merge all my posts. i was quoting and replying to posts from different pages.

beasted86
01-05-2012, 03:12 AM
As opposed to what, clowns in the olden days?

Yes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QhuBIkPXn0

Birdmannn
01-05-2012, 03:20 AM
Stop winning so many games Raps!!
We want a top 3 pick :p..

bears88
01-05-2012, 03:22 AM
well this thread is going to end well ( getting locked by a mod)

John Walls Era
01-05-2012, 03:24 AM
Never wanna tank, but its in the Raps best interest to fall off and get Drummond or even a Barnes since Bargs will be able to play PF next year.

Sadds The Gr8
01-05-2012, 04:15 AM
This is how you know the raptors SUCK..a thread was made because they MIGHT be better then ppl thought after a 3-3 record with 2 wins against the cavs and 1 against a discombobulated knick team. If they can beat a team thats not from cleveland or beat the Knicks again in about a month or so, then i'll say deserve to be taken note of. Until then, the raptors only matter to rapter fans...they're of no importance to the rest of the league. Yes I'm a knick fan and yes i know we suck at the moment...yes the raptors beat us...there you have it.

U angry. (http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2012010218)

Mane
01-05-2012, 04:22 AM
Derozan and Bargs look phenomenal. Not gonna read through this trash thread because i know what it will be: people who haven't watched the team bashing them because they assume this is homer-ish. But, the Raptors could make a push for the 7-8 seed in the East if what we've seen so far isn't luck.

Derozan needs to continue to make his threes, he'll start being played tightly, he'll drive by everyone and use his athleticism to finish at the basket. It's scary how good this team might become when Jonas Valunciunas comes over next year.

Cal827
01-05-2012, 04:29 AM

On a side note, didn't the prediction threads have many Knick saying that their unproven team will either zoom past the Heat or Bulls and get to the conference finals?

I've got nothing really against predictions or fans being hopeful for their teams (as we see GrandDaddypurp or CED for the Kings), but I just don't fully understand the double standard.

PacersForLife
01-05-2012, 04:44 AM

Well woah there... don't gotta go getting all political on us. The Raptors really surprised me when they played the Pacers. Not exactly sold on them though, they played good D in the post for the first half. Still 2-3 pieces away from being a playoff team I would say. Derozan is definitely gonna be a force to recon with in the future, not a LeBron James, but more like a Danny Granger or Joe Johnson type.
P.S. There are way too many Raptors fans on here. ;)

bklynny67
01-05-2012, 05:01 AM

i hear canadians are afraid of the dark

BronxBomber300
01-05-2012, 05:04 AM
I don't understand why rather than focusing on the topic of the thread, people start bashing the team whenever there is a raptors thread in the NBA forum. No other team is as scrutinized as the raptors when it comes to posting in the NBA forum. I don't understand the general hate or dislike towards Canada on these forums.

bklynny67
01-05-2012, 05:05 AM
the Raptors might be OK, but they still won't be a playoff team this yr i dont think. MAYBE by next yr. and what do they have to attract free agents? history seems to show that players don't tend to want to voluntarily live in Canada. who would?

BronxBomber300
01-05-2012, 05:15 AM
the Raptors might be OK, but they still won't be a playoff team this yr i dont think. MAYBE by next yr. and what do they have to attract free agents? history seems to show that players don't tend to want to voluntarily live in Canada. who would?

I don't understand why Canada rather Toronto is not an attractive free agent destination as it is the 4th largest market in North America and it's not like Canada is a 3rd world country and has one of the highest quality of living in the world.

FriedTofuz
01-05-2012, 05:17 AM
raptor fans, take it easy. People are always going to rip canada whenever there is a thread, things just wont change until the raptors are a winning team. However,godson, your thread was made with the right intentions and I agree with you, but two of the wins were against the cavs. If the raptors had beaten the mavericks and magic like they were soupposed to instead of choking, then this thread would make even more sense.however, if you seee a joke targeting canada, just take it as a joke or you might get baited

FriedTofuz
01-05-2012, 05:18 AM
players are always saying canada is cold but its weather is practically the same as new yorks. People alway complain its too cold, but the weather isnt much different. IF they going to complain, they all might as well head to south beach and join the miami cheat

LakersMaster24
01-05-2012, 05:28 AM
Who are the top center free agents this summer? (except for Howard).

IMO Raptors are just lacking a solid center that can move Bargs to the PF where he can be MUCH more effective.

Derozan has been playing well and he will develop into a All Star guard and he will be a Top 5 SG in this league one day. Raps also have plenty of good role players like Barbosa/Bayless/Ed Davis.

I say they still dont make the playoffs this year, but if they make good moves in the summer then playoffs are there for em to take.

Wade>You
01-05-2012, 05:58 AM
I'm sleeping on the Raptors, really don't know much about them except they've got a great Center in Jamaal Magloire. I'm waiting for them to make some noise this season by going on a winning streak or beating top teams rather than having to tl;dr about them.

nstojic
01-05-2012, 06:08 AM
guys, we beat the cavs twice... man, where's that top 3 draft pick at??

masTOR_shake1
01-05-2012, 06:20 AM
I know, and it sucks. what happened to tank nation? we need a top 3 pick hard.

Bravo95
01-05-2012, 06:23 AM
They are on the right track because teams that don't play D won't win in the East. I'm not a big Harrison Barnes fan, but Michael Kidd-Gilchrist would be a great fit if they can get him in the 2012 Draft (NBA career somewhere between Paul Pierce and Andre Iguodala, IMO). Just don't fire Casey before he has time to see it through, that was a good hire.

Run&Gun
01-05-2012, 06:42 AM
I'll be the first to admit I'm impressed how some of your pieces are coming together. I thought the raptors were gonna be really bad this year since they basically didn't get anyone new and their draft pick decided to stay overseas until next season. And no offense but on paper the talent besides Barg, Derozan and Ed Davis leaves something to be desired.....

Bargn's is def. having a better mindset this year and looks really good, taking better shots fg 47-50% would be reasonable to expect from him this year. His rebounding and defense still needs work but his help defense looks better.

Derozan looks good this year, and will prob eventually be an all-star, but he still needs to add dimensions to make his team better ie. passing, defense, more consistent rebounding.

Overall I think the raptors will give some good teams a run for their money, but at least 3-5 pieces away and that's if Barg and Derozan keep on adding dimensions to their games.

JJ_JKidd
01-05-2012, 06:54 AM
Yes we will watch out, they may be the dark horse that can win it all :confused:

Raps18-19 Champ
01-05-2012, 07:06 AM
This needs to be closed. A lot are bashing Canada and the Raptors while Raptors fans make themselves look bad by retaliating back.

abe_froman
01-05-2012, 07:09 AM
they'll be pretty good,have a young group and the lotto pick this year they should be back fighting for playoff spot in a couple years

Nica
01-05-2012, 09:41 AM
All the personal and political bashing is old and tiresome. Save it for Facebook or some other social site - I'm here to read some sports.

Though it's early in the season it's been a nice start for the Raps. Casey has the team playing some team D with some rotation and weak side help. Thats the first thing I noticed. It was never an issue on whether or not Bargs could score or Jose could dish. Jose will get beat off the dribble but this time ( at least so far) there has been a Big blocking the lane. Triano preached it but with Casey they are practicing it.

The organization has taken it's lumps in the past and it's nice that the faithful can take the fresh start as a positive step on the road to relevance. Hard work, hustle and D will keep this team on the right track.Build the foundation and one day soon others will notice and possibly want to be a part of it going forward.

pebloemer
01-05-2012, 10:26 AM
i saw the raptors play and i know they improved but lets wait. Your making all raptor fans look bad. 2 wins against cavs and 1 against an amare less knicks is not a big deal.

Yah, it's way too early for this discussion. Especially since I doubt most people on the forums would have chosen to watch many Raptor's games to have much of an opinion on how they look on the court. It's destined to be a thread without much productive discussion.

As a Raptor's fan, its great to see the effort they are showing defensively. It's been a VERY long time since we've seen that. Hopefully it lasts more than 6 games.

ChurcH
01-05-2012, 10:30 AM
People sure do get a kick out of looking stupid.

king4day
01-05-2012, 10:37 AM
Great breakdown. Glad to see that team has direction finally.

Necrosis
01-05-2012, 11:31 AM
the stats updated are

jose calderon

PPG 12.2 RPG 4.20 APG 10.0 EFF+ 21.67

just raping

bargs

PPG 24.0 RPG 6.00 APG 2.5 EFF+ 22.67 close to 55% field goal percentage with taking the majority of shots outside the pain

derozan

PPG18.5 RPG4.00 APG1.7 EFF+ 15.33

with valanciunas this team will do some real damage, he is the best prospect on the team despite bargs and dero.

SportsAndrew25
01-05-2012, 11:41 AM

GTFO

As soon as I opened this thread, I knew the OP and Raptors would be getting bashed. We always get crucified in this ****in forum lmaoThis is the PSD NBA forum. We are not exactly Rhodes scholars here.

SportsAndrew25
01-05-2012, 11:42 AM
On the Raptors, they have some good players like Bargnani, but they need to close games. At least they did a perfect job of that against my Knicks. :facepalm:

Kakaroach
01-05-2012, 11:43 AM
Its been really fun to watch a surprise team like this. The Raptors may not be contenders, but Raps fans should enjoy this. If this team makes the playoffs that would be a huge surprise.

avon_barksdale
01-05-2012, 11:48 AM
2 of the 3 wins be against the cavs.... slow down

LanceUpperCut
01-05-2012, 12:16 PM
To me it's not the fact we are 3-3 it's the fact we are playing good and it's coming from our main core, all these 1 year signings like Butler, Gray, Carter aren't doing **** and were signed all for the purpose of a tank season. I guess the fact that 9 out of 10 people had us dead last in the nba is whats making it more shocking.

8lllllD
01-05-2012, 12:19 PM
raptors Toronto Raptors
RT @RaptorsPR: #Raptors currently #1 in #NBA in opp. FG% (.398). Only team holding opp. under 40%. #defense

I know it's only been 6 games in but we were bottom feeders on the defensive side last year. Dwayne Casey is an absolute god-send. I really want to know what he's saying/doing to make this team play so well on defense.

8lllllD
01-05-2012, 12:21 PM
To me it's not the fact we are 3-3 it's the fact we are playing good and it's coming from our main core, all these 1 year signings like Butler, Gray, Carter aren't doing **** and were signed all for the purpose of a tank season. I guess the fact that 9 out of 10 people had us dead last in the nba is whats making it more shocking.

this..

FriedTofuz
01-06-2012, 10:25 PM
that was a blowout loss to the nets, this is why it was too early to make a thread like this :facepalm:

xxplayerxx23
01-06-2012, 10:45 PM
Akward moment

Evolution23
01-06-2012, 10:59 PM
The OP is a Nas fan from TO. I thought they liked Drake?

Toxeryll
01-06-2012, 11:00 PM
that was a blowout loss to the nets, this is why it was too early to make a thread like this :facepalm:

haha.. tank nation is back

championships
01-06-2012, 11:12 PM
Nothing wrong with being optimistic about your team I suppose :shrug:

I think Toronto fans deserve a good team to root for.

There is so Many little smart ***** on this website :bang:

Tmath
01-06-2012, 11:21 PM
We still held the Nets to 39% FG.

They killed us on the 3's and we were terrible offensively.

bucketss
01-06-2012, 11:23 PM

howiend
01-06-2012, 11:30 PM
twolves fan here - dwayne casey is an outstanding defensive coach, he really helped their defense when he was head coach at minny

ramz.n
01-06-2012, 11:45 PM
if there is a thread on how kobe's shooting to much or comparisons between players such as kevin love and individual threads on rookies such as how rubio has had a few good games..why not a raptors thread..after all they were ranked as the worst team at the start of the season.

llemon
01-07-2012, 12:10 AM
We still held the Nets to 39% FG.

They killed us on the 3's and we were terrible offensively.

Yes, it was quite entertaining.

gaughan333
01-07-2012, 12:31 AM
they gotta get players to (re)sign there

FriedTofuz
01-07-2012, 10:57 PM
was it too early to make this thead? The raptors looked promising with their defense and record of 3-3 at the time, but they won only to teams like cleveland and a struggling NY knick team. They suffered two back to back losses which were blowouts. its been really bad, just goes to show you it was way way too early to make this thread..

Sadds The Gr8
01-07-2012, 11:03 PM
lol i knew this was gonna get bumped

GodsSon
01-07-2012, 11:05 PM
Sorry for being optimistic...I'll just let the NBA forum go back to being ruled by the same 5 ******** topics it always is...

Geargo Wallace
01-07-2012, 11:09 PM
Drake is poop. All new hip-pop is ****. This is coming from a person from there.

Sorry for being optimistic...I'll just let the NBA forum go back to being ruled by the same 5 ******** topics it always is...

I told you meng

2-ONE-5
01-07-2012, 11:10 PM
so are the SIXERS hahaha sry man but the Raptors suck

Nick O
01-07-2012, 11:11 PM
awkward moment when we suck

gbrl
01-07-2012, 11:13 PM
you jinxed them

RaiderKid318
01-07-2012, 11:18 PM
62 points.

Gibby
01-07-2012, 11:19 PM
This is why you don't make threads like this, 6 games into the season.

Gibby
01-07-2012, 11:20 PM
lol i knew this was gonna get bumped

i was going to do it myself.

Phillyfan403
01-07-2012, 11:24 PM
I dont know exactly what they were advertised as, but my sixers just spanked em by 35.... LETS GO SIXERS!!!!!!!!

Lakers4life08
01-07-2012, 11:27 PM
Raptors really bad,Bargnani can be good when he wants,other players are straight garbage

Evolution23
01-07-2012, 11:33 PM
This is why you don't make threads like this, 6 games into the season.

This. Good or bad, you have to wait to atleast the halfway point to judge a team and some times it takes a full season.

Evolution23
01-07-2012, 11:36 PM
Drake is poop. All new hip-pop is ****. This is coming from a person from there.

I told you meng

My favorite rapper is Nas but Drake has good music for when I go out.

Geargo Wallace
01-07-2012, 11:45 PM
My favorite rapper is Nas but Drake has good music for when I go out.

Nas is a top 3 GOAT, but Drake is like that stuff I wipe after I poo. Listen to Drake when you're in your most intimate/gay moments. Other than that, throw his music in the fireplace. The Weekend is included in that rant... so ****/gay (not that there's anything wrong with that.)

bucketss
01-07-2012, 11:47 PM
tried listening to the weekend almost puked in my mouth

Geargo Wallace
01-07-2012, 11:55 PM
tried listening to the weekend almost puked in my mouth

My twin brother loves that ****. I hate when he bumps it. The Weekend is a crime against heterosexuality (not hating on gays, just saying.)

Wade>You
01-08-2012, 12:19 AM
This thread was bound to blow up in the OP's face, and Raptor fans are the ones left to rebuild their fanbases's credibility.

nygiants242
01-08-2012, 12:53 AM

JNev
01-08-2012, 12:54 AM

WeaponXXX
01-08-2012, 12:56 AM
BAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA. Love this post.

GO RAPTORS!

Nick O
01-08-2012, 01:14 AM
as a raptor fan all i can say is

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

AndyfromNeptune
01-08-2012, 01:26 AM

As an American, Canada is an amazing country. I apologize for those who disrespected it. That being said, your taxrates are absurdly ridiculous.

WeaponXXX
01-08-2012, 01:28 AM
As an American, Canada is an amazing country. I apologize for those who disrespected it. That being said, your taxrates are absurdly ridiculous.

And to that.... I counter with.... stop printing money and stop accumulating so much debt as a country

dtmagnet
01-08-2012, 01:38 AM

True, but I get my top rate medication free of charge as well as things like MRI's (I have had 2) without having to pay a dime.

ramansingh3
01-08-2012, 02:25 AM
awkward moment when we suck

Yes, indeed it is. Hopefully the raps pull out the next one against the wolves and not make it 3 in row.

Cal827
01-08-2012, 02:26 AM
Who the **** bumped this up. After that game, this thread needs to be incinerated lol.

WVNowitzki
01-08-2012, 02:39 AM
We miss Casey in Dallas

Nick O
01-08-2012, 02:41 AM

not really.. its kinda worth it to have the peace of mind knowing if anything happens to you or someone you know you dont have the added weight of a huge hospital bill

Geargo Wallace
01-08-2012, 02:49 AM

Socialists!!!!!!!!!!! Kill those Communist Canadians!

We're doing just fine with our tax rates.

Rego247
01-08-2012, 02:54 AM
not really.. its kinda worth it to have the peace of mind knowing if anything happens to you or someone you know you dont have the added weight of a huge hospital bill

Swag like Tommy Douglas.

ChurcH
01-08-2012, 03:59 AM
Some how people are surprised this was going to happen? Not a lot of teams really win with 17 turnovers. Raptors know they are a bad team, but they are not playing as bad as advertised- which (for the vast majority with reading difficulty) is what the OP was saying. Spell it out shall we?

PhillyFaninLA
01-08-2012, 10:34 AM
True, but I get my top rate medication free of charge as well as things like MRI's (I have had 2) without having to pay a dime.

Using medication developed at US pharmaceutical company and an MRI technology developed here as well. So on that issue you are welcome.

gilly
01-08-2012, 10:54 AM
Using medication developed at US pharmaceutical company and an MRI technology developed here as well. So on that issue you are welcome.

Dumb post is dumb. Why should they be gratuitous?

A Scotsman INVENTED the MRI machine. Display thine gratitude, from all corners of the globe towards Glasgow, will you?

Mishmin
01-08-2012, 11:02 AM
Naw... naw raptors are garbage.

torontosports10
01-08-2012, 11:22 AM
Yay, another thread about a Canadian team that turns into a Canada vs USA battle.

Grow the **** up already.

Jesus H. Christ.

dtmagnet
01-08-2012, 11:41 AM

My medication was developed in France and the MRI in the UK, so uhh thank you?

LanceUpperCut
01-08-2012, 11:51 AM

Do you know this or just assuming cause your American you developed and perfected everything.

PhillyFaninLA
01-08-2012, 12:00 PM
My medication was developed in France and the MRI in the UK, so uhh thank you?

http://www.michigandaily.com/content/nobel-prize-medicine-awarded-mri-inventor

It was created by someone from the UK and Michigan. So again you are welcome.

Fair point about the drug. Most prescription drugs where created in the US but not all.

rockbottom2010
01-08-2012, 12:07 PM
they need a really good draft pick....possibly anthony davis...if not harrison barnes...and they could now possibly trade bargnani...however hes showing that hes a franchise player....they have assets

IndyRealist
01-08-2012, 12:22 PM
C'mon, the Raps were picked to be dead last and they have more wins than 9 teams. Let them get their due. They're also tied with the Kings, for the record. What I'm impressed with is the improvement from their vets. Normally players level off in the middle of their careers, yet Jose Calderon looks like Chris Paul out there. Amir Johnson's a beast, and...well...Andrea Bargnani doesn't blow chunks anymore. Couple that with Ed Davis naturally progressing and they're looking like they have decent starters (Davis should probably be starting). REALLY need to work on that bench, though. I'm not a huge fan of DeRozan, and everyone I haven't mentioned is D-League material.

HOZ THE KNICK
01-08-2012, 12:23 PM
raptors have a young and very talented team , they have a bright future moving forward i know just ask my knicks.

lovingTO
01-08-2012, 12:49 PM
'Some guy that happened to be an American invented X, therefore the Canadian way of life is inferior' haha. Many 'American'(if not most nowadays) inventions are products of multi-national corporations rather than single nations.

'Canadians don't have to pay for health care therefore that says something about Americans'. Having national health care doesn't necessarily reflect a population that is more generous, caring, or sympathetic to suffering. American charitable donations per capita far exceed that of any other western nation.

Common people.

I will say about the Raptors that as bad as they look right now, I still think they will finish the season better than alot of people would have guessed. The new coaching staff is fixated on improving the D right now and the O is suffering because of it. This team will improve dramatically as the season progresses IMO.

Kenny Powders
01-08-2012, 12:51 PM

Fair point about the drug. Most prescription drugs where created in the US but not all.

The majority of drugs, like most things proclaimed as "made in America", are actually made in China.

Phenomenonsense
01-08-2012, 01:03 PM
Pistons beat the Magic and Pacers, and we're still ****.

Evolution23
01-08-2012, 01:06 PM
We still talking basketball or we politicin?

PhillyBoomerang
01-08-2012, 01:24 PM
They got a few guys, but unless They get some real front court help they will not be a contender.. They got a start, and they could be a playoff team still (7-8 seed)

NoahH
01-08-2012, 01:29 PM
Didn't they JUST put up 62 points and gets absolutely destroyed yesterday by Philadelphia?

Nick O
01-08-2012, 01:36 PM
yay, another thread about a canadian team that turns into a canada vs usa battle.

Grow the **** up already.

Jesus h. Christ.

... H?

Geargo Wallace
01-08-2012, 01:38 PM
Dumb post is dumb. Why should they be gratuitous?

A Scotsman INVENTED the MRI machine. Display thine gratitude, from all corners of the globe towards Glasgow, will you?
Us Scots created the modern world. Ayeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

raptors have a young and very talented team , they have a bright future moving forward i know just ask my knicks.
The Knicks have been making everyone look good :D

Didn't they JUST put up 62 points and gets absolutely destroyed yesterday by Philadelphia?

We were worse than advertised.

Trace
01-08-2012, 01:50 PM

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v426/n6965/full/426375a.html

Problem?

And where did you get Michigan from?

smith&wesson
01-08-2012, 01:56 PM

how bout reading the actual thread. its not about the record. op stated he doubts the raps even make the playoffs

may as well raise the banner at the ACC already

how witty of you. why cant we be excited about the progression of a few of our players ?

you hold hate in your heart for no aparant reason. seek help.

Raptors really bad,Bargnani can be good when he wants,other players are straight garbage

bargs, derozan, calderon, ed davis, amir johnson are not gargbage. its a rebuilding team. the player we drafted comes to our team next year along with whatever draft pick we get next year. add that to the core and were going to be a decent young team. no ones saying were contenders here.

the stats updated are

jose calderon

PPG 12.2 RPG 4.20 APG 10.0 EFF+ 21.67

just raping

bargs

PPG 24.0 RPG 6.00 APG 2.5 EFF+ 22.67 close to 55% field goal percentage with taking the majority of shots outside the pain

derozan

PPG18.5 RPG4.00 APG1.7 EFF+ 15.33

with valanciunas this team will do some real damage, he is the best prospect on the team despite bargs and dero.

thats the point. the players who need to to get better are improving. this is a team in progress. and the op was pointing out how some of the younger pieces we have are developing nicely. getting crusified for that in the nba forum shows how bad this forum has gotten.

why would you care about another team unless your a fan of them?

Stop winning so many games Raps!!
We want a top 3 pick :p..

were going to lose more games then we win any how. we let our guys try and continue to improve. we will still hold a bad enough record to get our balls in the lottery.

trolling

U Mad ?

we can take a joke. your joke just wasnt funny. hahahaha theres a team in toronto hahahaha.. lame

well this thread is going to end well ( getting locked by a mod)

god son you know what it is in the nba forum.

/thread.

smith&wesson
01-08-2012, 03:04 PM
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v426/n6965/full/426375a.html

Problem?

And where did you get Michigan from?

dont expect a responce. he has nothing to back that ish up with. just flapping at the gums. taking pride in something he had 0 to do with.

shellshocked430
01-08-2012, 04:23 PM
oh canada, my sixers just ravaged your insides without hawes for most of the game.. maybe in 5 years you will be relevant

smith&wesson
01-08-2012, 04:35 PM
oh canada, my sixers just ravaged your insides without hawes for most of the game.. maybe in 5 years you will be relevant

the raps will be relevant by next year.

and i dont know why your so proud of such a mediocre team. no ones impressed with your 76ers beating a lottery team.

Geargo Wallace
01-08-2012, 04:37 PM

Did you make this account just to say that?

XpLiCiTT
01-08-2012, 04:38 PM

and i dont know why your so proud of such a mediocre team.

What do you consider relevant? lol...and the Sixers are a bit better than "mediocre". They don't have a superstar, but all around they are a very good team that can compete with just about anyone.

Nick O
01-08-2012, 04:39 PM

and i dont know why your so proud of such a mediocre team. no ones impressed with your 76ers beating a lottery team.

... how? ... and dont say because of JV cause one rookie wont make us relevant

smith&wesson
01-08-2012, 04:57 PM
What do you consider relevant? lol...and the Sixers are a bit better than "mediocre". They don't have a superstar, but all around they are a very good team that can compete with just about anyone.

76ers are lost in mediocrosy. whens the last time they made it out of the first round ? thats what i thought. and it doesnt feel good to knock your team but why you knocking mine for ?

... how? ... and dont say because of JV cause one rookie wont make us relevant

which side are you on nik o.

im pretty sure were going to get jonas and another pick next year. not one or the other but both.

were an up and coming team.. dont just lay down infront of other fans cuz we lost a game to them in a rebuilding year. these guys are trolls. why else would they be talking soo much smack in a thread thats about derozan and bargs improving ?

XpLiCiTT
01-08-2012, 05:09 PM
76ers are lost in mediocrosy. whens the last time they made it out of the first round ? thats what i thought.

LOL..

Whens the last time the Raptors even made the playoffs? Let alone even get out of the first round...

Oh and the last time you got out of the first round, who'd you lose to? Thats what i thought

---

Oh and where did I knock your team? I asked you what you considered relevant, and you failed to answer. I then went on to defend my team. Learn how to read.

smith&wesson
01-08-2012, 05:43 PM
LOL..

Whens the last time the Raptors even made the playoffs? Let alone even get out of the first round...

Oh and the last time you got out of the first round, who'd you lose to? Thats what i thought

---

Oh and where did I knock your team? I asked you what you considered relevant, and you failed to answer. I then went on to defend my team. Learn how to read.

relevant means competing for the playoffs. right now the 76ers are relevant. the raps are not because were a lottery bound team. does that answer your question ? but i rather be rebuilding then to be stuck in mediocrosy like BOTH our teams have been over the last 10 years. so get off your high horse.

2011 76ers lost to the heat in the first round
2010 76ers didnt make the playoffs
2009 76ers lost to the magic in the first round
2008 76ers lost to the pistons in the first round
2007 didnt make the playoffs
2006 didnt make the playoffs
2005 lost to the pistons in the first round
2004 missed the play offs.

ya you guys are awesome.

XpLiCiTT
01-08-2012, 05:46 PM
relevant means competing for the playoffs. right now the 76ers are relevant. the raps are not because were a lottery bound team. does that answer your question ? but i rather be rebuilding then to be stuck in mediocrosy like BOTH our teams have been over the last 10 years. so get off your high horse.

2011 76ers lost to the heat in the first round
2010 76ers didnt make the playoffs
2009 76ers lost to the magic in the first round
2008 76ers lost to the pistons in the first round
2007 didnt make the playoffs
2006 didnt make the playoffs
2005 lost to the pistons in the first round
2004 missed the play offs.

ya you guys are awesome.

I said the Sixers are a bit better than mediocrity, thats all I said, but apparently it made you throw a little hissy fit.

ironman9518
01-08-2012, 06:02 PM
If I were a raptors fan and had smith&wesson defending my team I'd be embarrassed, you are very dumb sir

JayW_1023
01-08-2012, 06:10 PM
Bargnani is just a very unorthodox matchup for most bigs, coming off screens and spotting up like that. That makes him effective and efficient.

He is still a knee jerk rebounder, but he is making progress.

bucketss
01-08-2012, 06:14 PM
If I were a raptors fan and had smith&wesson defending my team I'd be embarrassed, you are very dumb sir

and the point of this comment was.....?

Geargo Wallace
01-08-2012, 06:22 PM
and the point of this comment was.....?

... to be a dick.

Gators123
01-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Might as well lock this because every time the Raptors have a bad game its going to be bumped up.

mjt20mik
01-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Might as well lock this because every time the Raptors have a bad game its going to be bumped up.

This.

iamsteel
01-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Monday will be a fun game to watch against the Wolves. Two up and coming teams. Rubio vs. Calderon. I'm still pissed the Wolves drafted Flynn over Derozan.

Geargo Wallace
01-08-2012, 06:46 PM
Monday will be a fun game to watch against the Wolves. Two up and coming teams. Rubio vs. Calderon. I'm still pissed the Wolves drafted Flynn over Derozan.

I'm more worried about JJ Barea running circles around our defence, and KLove grabbing offensive boards on us.

smith&wesson
01-08-2012, 07:00 PM

because im knocking your team for no reason right ? and talking ish about where your from ? get of my dickhomie.

Wade>You
01-08-2012, 07:02 PM
This thread has gone OT 6 pages ago and only serves as a proxy for baiting/trolling.

And that's the reason why it's open.

Rego247
01-08-2012, 07:03 PM

And You sir are a Kunt.

Cal827
01-08-2012, 07:06 PM
This thread has gone OT 6 pages ago and only serves as a proxy for baiting/trolling.

And that's the reason why it's open.

iamsteel
01-08-2012, 07:09 PM
I'm more worried about JJ Barea running circles around our defence, and KLove grabbing offensive boards on us.

I'm not sure if JJ will be playing yet.

Cal827
01-08-2012, 07:10 PM
If I were a raptors fan, and had smith&wesson defending my team, I'd be embarrassed,You are very dumb, sir.

:facepalm: I don't even know where to start.

smith&wesson
01-08-2012, 07:11 PM

I said the Sixers are a bit better than mediocrity, thats all I said, but apparently it made you throw a little hissy fit.

just keep it real. dont troll us and then act all innocent.

thekmp211
01-08-2012, 07:13 PM
raptors still need that true center. bargnani would be/is a really, really good stretch four. they just need a guy in the paint. casey is a good coach.

Geargo Wallace
01-08-2012, 07:21 PM
I've been waiting for this to get closed since it was created.

XpLiCiTT
01-08-2012, 08:26 PM
just keep it real. dont troll us and then act all innocent.

Why are you quoting someone else?

Trueblue2
01-08-2012, 08:37 PM
Keep it up and you're damn near average!

ChaseHamels
01-08-2012, 11:07 PM
I was pretty impressed with Amir Johnson when he played the Sixers. Didn't realize he came right out of high school. Still pretty young.

bucketss
01-08-2012, 11:14 PM
yea hes my fav player on the raptors, hes a work horse and i dont think hes appreciated that much among our fanbase.

Gators123
01-08-2012, 11:37 PM
I was very high on Amir Johnson when the Pistons drafted him, I even remember his first NBA basket!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmQMAp6azNQ

lol I thought he was going to be a star. Didn't exactly turn out that way. Hes a solid player though.

topdog
01-08-2012, 11:58 PM
I was very high on Amir Johnson when the Pistons drafted him, I even remember his first NBA basket!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmQMAp6azNQ

lol I thought he was going to be a star. Didn't exactly turn out that way. Hes a solid player though.

The problem with Amir Johnson is that they drafted him to be Ben Wallace and you don't draft Ben Wallace - he's the result of years of journeyman basketball.

Johnson is best served as an energy big off the bench, but they continually try to make him a starting center. He's very good in the right role.

0nekhmer
01-09-2012, 01:08 AM
can a mod CLOSE THIS?! i am a die hard raptors fan, and even i am ashamed of the OP, and even more ashamed that our fanbase is getting baited into looking like fools.

That Guy Mooque
01-09-2012, 01:44 AM
I want this thread to last forever! Unintentional entertainment at it's best!

smith&wesson
01-09-2012, 02:47 PM
Why are you quoting someone else?

just gets upsetting after awhile when ppl not only bash your team but talk smack about where your from for no reason.

you didnt do either my bad, i got you confused with that other douche yesterday. i didnt mean to go at you like that. . i was at work yesterday and posting in between work and should have paid more attention.

smith&wesson
01-09-2012, 02:54 PM
The problem with Amir Johnson is that they drafted him to be Ben Wallace and you don't draft Ben Wallace - he's the result of years of journeyman basketball.

Johnson is best served as an energy big off the bench, but they continually try to make him a starting center. He's very good in the right role.

amir has actually been one of he better suprises on our squad. he is not ben wallace by any means. but can give you some productive mins. he developed a nice mid range jumper and goes hard at the boards. he also gained alot of muscle mass if you noticed. i think when he was on the pistons he was still very young and in experienced. after all he did come out of high school

heyman321
01-09-2012, 11:33 PM
Win over the Timberwolves! Championship here we come!

Il Mago50
01-09-2012, 11:35 PM
Andrea Bargnani. That is all.

beasted86
01-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Win over the Timberwolves! Championship here we come!

I watched the game... I can honestly say it's one of the first times I saw the Raptors actually playing defense and rebounding the ball to close out a game instead of trying to outscore them.

gattaca
01-09-2012, 11:48 PM
I've always thought that if the Raps had a better coach after Sam Mitchell, we would have made the playoffs. Triano was an absolute failure.

gattaca
01-09-2012, 11:51 PM
I was pretty impressed with Amir Johnson when he played the Sixers. Didn't realize he came right out of high school. Still pretty young.

I think he's actually the last player to be drafted out of High School. He was a late 2nd round pick I think. They changed the rules on drafting high school players after his Draft year

Tmath
01-10-2012, 09:06 PM
I'm bumping this now to save the trouble of someone doing it later.

heyman321
01-10-2012, 09:08 PM
Cue the loss to the Wizards in 5...4...3....2....

Slimsim
01-10-2012, 10:24 PM
Bump :D

Kinglorious
01-10-2012, 10:54 PM
:(

shep33
01-10-2012, 10:58 PM
I have no ill feelings towards the Raps at all, but we all knew this thread would re-emerge

Cal827
01-10-2012, 11:06 PM
I have no ill feelings towards the Raps at all, but we all knew this thread would re-emerge

:clap: Cheers to the nice Laker fans.

But this thread is going to go to hell once the larger PSD populations come on at about 10:30 lol

Gators123
01-10-2012, 11:11 PM

Called it. lol

shep33
01-10-2012, 11:15 PM
I think the Raps are still a better team than last year, they'll be fine. They're still adapting to Casey's system... and honestly, the Wiz were due for one, they're more talented than what their record shows.

Raps can score, we've seen that last season, so they'll come around.

shep33
01-10-2012, 11:21 PM
Mods you should shut this down, it's just gonna be continuous baiting... the guy who posted the OP has probably learned his lesson by now.

Poolthief
01-11-2012, 05:48 AM
Bargnani's better than advertised... the rest of the team sucks (I guess Amir has been solid, Jose's numbers are really good... but very deceiving). If Andrea keeps up his play he deserves a sympathy MVP vote if Toronto doesn't finish bottom 5.

Wish we could fast forward to next season so I could watch some actual talent on the floor (Valanciunas + 2012 pick).

Bob_at_york
01-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Sad to say they are still better than advertised. With other teams doing a better job of tanking the Raptors might have no chance in getting a top 5 pick in the draft. They need to lose more games like last night to have any chance at all (tonight could be a key game, they need to lose it)