PDA

View Full Version : Should the Thunder entertain the idea of trading Westbrook?

JordansBulls
01-04-2012, 06:48 PM
Should the Thunder entertain the idea of trading Westbrook?

Maybe for someone like Rajon Rondo or even Deron Williams?

shep33
01-04-2012, 06:52 PM
Not yet, in all truth Russ wasn't to blame for the past 2 losses at all. I think people underestimate how good Westbrook is... yeah he's a chucker at times, but honestly, outside of KD and Harden nobody else can consistently score for them, and really he's the guy that gets to the rack more than anybody else... Plus he's what 22? Still making chump change compared to Dwill's 16 mill per, so you know the Thunder would have to give up multiple players for him.

I say don't trade him.

Rndy
01-04-2012, 06:55 PM
No Eventually some of those contracts are going to catch up to Thunder especially with the D Rose Rule. There going to need Westbrook and Durant because they could lose some of their key role players over the years.

ChiSox219
01-04-2012, 07:00 PM
not yet, in all truth russ wasn't to blame for the past 2 losses at all. I think people underestimate how good westbrook is... Yeah he's a chucker at times, but honestly, outside of harden nobody else can consistently score for them, and really he's the guy that gets to the rack more than anybody else... Plus he's what 22? Still making chump change compared to dwill's 16 mill per, so you know the thunder would have to give up multiple players for him.

i say don't trade him.

kd?

NSJ
01-04-2012, 07:04 PM
Westbrook, Perk, Maynor and a pick for Kevin Love and Rubio.

Seriously though, I think Westbrook and Durant will figure it out. I'd give them some time to mesh a little more. They have an opportunity to be a extremely dominant duo so I wouldn't trade him anytime soon.

Vinylman
01-04-2012, 07:08 PM
they should have traded him and a first for CP3

I would trade him filler and a pick for Dwil..

or him and filler for Rondo...

NSJ
01-04-2012, 07:14 PM
I'd rather keep Rondo

lavilevi23
01-04-2012, 07:15 PM
No.

Sportfan
01-04-2012, 07:16 PM
idk if Boston would even do it straight up now, funny they could have gotten him and Green during the draft for Westy.

They can send us James Harden though :nod:

iggypop123
01-04-2012, 07:17 PM
dwil morrow for Westbrook Selfishaa I do in a second

bovice163
01-04-2012, 07:20 PM
No. There really isn't a player in the league that they would get equal value for especially at PG, and the Thunder don't need much more depth. Maybe if it was for Rondo or a guy like Lowry, but other than that there isn't a player they would get that would make them much better. Westy has to figure out his place on that team on his own.

Lakeshow24KB
01-04-2012, 07:24 PM
kd?

He isn't consistent. He had TERRIBLE game vs Portland and only a 12 point game vs PHX.

lakers4sho
01-04-2012, 07:25 PM

Seriously though, I think Westbrook and Durant will figure it out. I'd give them some time to mesh a little more. They have an opportunity to be a extremely dominant duo so I wouldn't trade him anytime soon.

That's a **** trade for the Wolves.

YoungOne
01-04-2012, 07:29 PM
yes yes and yes!

shep33
01-04-2012, 07:32 PM
kd?

Gosh what an idiot I am, I forgot to mention the best scorer in the league. Lol, but my point was outside of essentially those two, nobody can score consistently for them, and if you start Harden, the bench gets significantly weaker.

thekmp211
01-04-2012, 07:35 PM
they need a post scorer. that would take pressure off of the jump-shooters. i like the idea of a trade based around deron williams for both parties involved. i know westbrook is young, and very talented, but the fact that he has an issue defering to KD is a really big problem.

Ebbs
01-04-2012, 07:39 PM
Tyreke Evans + Cousins for Westbrook + Aldrich

rhymeratic
01-04-2012, 07:47 PM
Yes. I just feel like they could get better fitting pieces around them. I just don't like 2 high volume shooting players on the same team... Eric Maynor is a starter imo. I don't know exactly what you can get for Westbrook but whatever it is I'd entertain it. They need a real big down low. Don't like Perkins for them. Better call Utah or Minny.

SteveNash
01-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Maybe, but I doubt they'll get great value for him. The teams faults still falls on Durant and even if they could have traded Westbrook for Paul. They'd still have issues.

metsbulls1025
01-04-2012, 07:58 PM
To me a Rondo and Westbrook swap makes so much sense.

The Celtics are getting old. The problem is thier one young productive player is more of a passer than a scorer. So with Westbrook you get a guy who can score first and actually be a first option unlike Rondo. With Rondo OKC gets a guy who can pass the ball all over the floor and Durant will have someone who will look to get him the ball first instead of seeing him as a second option.

YoungOne
01-04-2012, 08:00 PM
To me a Rondo and Westbrook swap makes so much sense.

The Celtics are getting old. The problem is thier one young productive player is more of a passer than a scorer. So with Westbrook you get a guy who can score first and actually be a first option unlike Rondo. With Rondo OKC gets a guy who can pass the ball all over the floor and Durant will have someone who will look to get him the ball first instead of seeing him as a second option.

please not

ChiSox219
01-04-2012, 08:14 PM
He isn't consistent. He had TERRIBLE game vs Portland and only a 12 point game vs PHX.

No one plays great every game. Durant is as consistent a scorer as there is.

Gosh what an idiot I am, I forgot to mention the best scorer in the league. Lol, but my point was outside of essentially those two, nobody can score consistently for them, and if you start Harden, the bench gets significantly weaker.

I threw out the idea of bringing Westbrook off the bench, still give him starters type minutes but start Maynor and Harden.

NSJ
01-04-2012, 08:16 PM
I think a trade would be imminent if they tried to sit Westbrook on the bench. He probably wouldn't take that too well.

Mr_Amaziing
01-04-2012, 08:17 PM
I actually DON'T want want to trade him, We just need to START Harden

We gotta bring in some bench players. I would love if we could bring in The Morris brothers

theheatles
01-04-2012, 08:21 PM
no way, he may take too many shots at times but he's a nice compliment to durants game

KnicksorBust
01-04-2012, 08:36 PM
Personally, I think the Jazz would create a lot interesting trade scenarios:

If you trust Maynor/Harden to be playmakers (which I honestly do) then you could go for an aggressive Westbrook for bigman swap. The Thunder currently don't have a low post player who can give them 15-20 points and with Favors, Kanter, and Millsap, I can't help but wonder how hard it'd be to pry Al Jefferson and his big contract away.

Jefferson could thrive on the low block in OKC and provide them with some interior scoring to help the inside-out game.

Or the Thunder could throw together a Westbrook-Perkins based package that could net Devin Harris + Al Jefferson. There's option there.

To be honest, I can't imagine OKC pursuing either deal but the thought giving Harden more freedom as a playmaker on offense and adding Al Jefferson on the low block both make a lot of sense to me.

KnicksorBust
01-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Tyreke Evans + Cousins for Westbrook + Aldrich

In terms of talent, this isn't bad but Evans is the same type of combo guard that wouldn't mesh with Harden-Durant. They'd be better off with Westbrook. Cousins poor attitude would not work on that team either. He wouldn't get enough touches for a superstar like himself.

SeoulBeatz
01-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Rondo would be a great fit on the Thunder IMO.

He's just a much better compliment to Durant than Westy and his D would allow James Harden to start.

Could you imagine Rondo finding KD and Harden on the wings for easy buckets all day?

Giraffes Rule
01-04-2012, 09:27 PM
I think you have to entertain offers for any player, but I don't think you trade a player of Westbrook's caliber unless you're sure he and Durant can't play together effectively. They'd also have to get a package like what the Hornets got for Chris Paul.

Raph12
01-04-2012, 11:59 PM
With his salary, no trade could be considered an upgrade...

JordansBulls
01-05-2012, 11:40 PM
With his salary, no trade could be considered an upgrade...

Well I just don't think they will last too long together.

blahblahyoutoo
01-06-2012, 12:30 AM

at first, i thought it would be a great trade for OKC, but after thinking about it, i'm not sold.
rubio can't score like westbrook if they need scoring while kd is on the bench.
love can rebound and score, but isn't a big body like perk.

MetroMan
01-06-2012, 12:39 AM
Westbrook, Perkens, Ibaka FOR D-12 and Nelson. BOOK IT

THunders get the best center and a solid pg

Orlando gets a scoring point guard stud and a excellent defender, rebounder and blocker in both ibaka and perk

jam
01-06-2012, 12:55 AM
Here's the bigger question: how is OK winning as many games as they are? Short answer: KD must be damn near the best player in the world.

Aside from that, it doesn't add up. Scott Brooks has the basketball IQ of a turnip. And aside from their big three, they don't have much of a lineup.

As far as Westbrook, he is an immature knucklehead. I enjoy watching the Thunder in large part due to the chuckles I get from watching Westbrook turn the ball over, dribble it off his feet, throw it 10 feet above a teammate's head, launching up bricks, etc.

Westbrook has a lower basketball IQ than Brooks and Brooks' is close to zero. They don't run any kind of an offense that I can recognize. It's mainly KD and Westbrook going one on one.

I hate this team, even though they're going to the conference finals, and maybe the NBA finals.

soonabooma
01-06-2012, 01:06 AM
We should have traded him for CP3 a year ago. Now we're pretty much stuck with him. He's got a lot of potential but unfortunately, he's one of those guys that was made while God was drunk, he gave him all the athletic ability and talent in the world, but he forgot to give him a brain. I hate when that happens.

jam
01-06-2012, 02:54 AM
How OKC is able to wring so many wins out of so much stupid is one of life's great mysteries. Brooks and Westbrook: Dumb and Dumber.

Mr_Amaziing
01-06-2012, 03:26 AM
Y'all some ****in haters.. Get off his nuts

Mr_Amaziing
01-06-2012, 03:29 AM
He ain't going anywhere,

Westbrook - Harden - Durant - Ibaka - Perkins > Your team