PDA

View Full Version : Do the Lakers really need to trade for DH12 anymore?

Lakeshow24KB
01-04-2012, 06:25 PM
After watching the Lakers play with Andrew Bynum he's really helped them alot and he just got his first 20 20 game of the season. He's a really good fit and he improved a bunch during the offseason. Is it really mandatory for the Lakers to pull the trigger and grab Dwight? I'm sure Orlando would take it after watching Bynum, but I'm just not so sure LA would want to. IMO they should keep him. He's a star.

BranWingss
01-04-2012, 06:27 PM
If anything, they need a PG that can pass, and shoot. Kobe can't be taking those 25-30 shots a night. Bynum and Gasol are both good second/third options any way you look at it. Bynum's fine, until he gets injured again. If he can stay healthy, he's one of the best centers in the world.

I just can't see this team making the NBA Finals again. They need to add in a PG. Doesn't have to be a superstar, or a star.

RLundi
01-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Bynum will get injured again.

That's practically a given.

Lakeshow24KB
01-04-2012, 06:30 PM
That's true too but Steve Blake is knocking down his shot however he can't defend. Neither can Fish as father time is catching up with him. I think that Pau Gasol needs to step up and make some open jump shots that are 15-17 which isn't quite automatic.

Lakeshow24KB
01-04-2012, 06:31 PM

I don't know if you can say that yet. He's gotten bigger stronger and healthier....I don't know we're just gonna have to wait and see.

jpagemn
01-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Is it manditory? nope. But I would still trade Bynum for Dhoward. Bynum is still a huge injury risk, and Howard has a larger sample size of quality games. In both regards, his consistency means more to me. Add to that his star power, realized,and I think the FO would do it too.

Chi StateOfMind
01-04-2012, 06:35 PM
They need a PG beyond bad. Fisher and Blake are not enough.

CaptainClutch
01-04-2012, 06:37 PM
After watching the Lakers play with Andrew Bynum he's really helped them alot and he just got his first 20 20 game of the season. He's a really good fit and he improved a bunch during the offseason. Is it really mandatory for the Lakers to pull the trigger and grab Dwight? I'm sure Orlando would take it after watching Bynum, but I'm just not so sure LA would want to. IMO they should keep him. He's a star.

I promise I'm not just saying this as a Nets fan, but with the way Bynum has been playing of late, I would ride his play because he is playing at a monster level right now. The Lakers really need a point guard that can run an offense. While I LOVE Fisher, I believe they need a young point guard with energy and great passing ability.

bringinwood
01-04-2012, 06:38 PM
Alot is being overstated in regards to Bynum's first couple of games...

If you can package Bynum and sell his first few games to get D12, you should be nominated for executive of the year...

Simply put, they should be doing everything they can to pry D12 out of Orlando...

Bynum is the same commodity he was 2 weeks ago, an injury prone center that has the potential to be a game changer if he can stay healthy for 50 games a season...

He hasn't and still isn't...

llemon
01-04-2012, 06:39 PM
They do not, unless the unforeseeable happens, and Bynum suffers an injury.

Would that be considered unforeseeable?

showtym24
01-04-2012, 06:39 PM
If anything, they need a PG that can pass, and shoot. Kobe can't be taking those 25-30 shots a night. Bynum and Gasol are both good second/third options any way you look at it. Bynum's fine, until he gets injured again. If he can stay healthy, he's one of the best centers in the world.

I just can't see this team making the NBA Finals again. They need to add in a PG. Doesn't have to be a superstar, or a star.

This. In dire need of a PG. Blake and Kobe are the players that can handle the ball and run the offense.

thedfactor
01-04-2012, 06:42 PM
Do they need to? No. Should they, if possible? Yes. Andrew Bynum had his FIRST 20/20 game last night while Dwight Howard has already totaled 30 of them I believe.

Also, the defensive difference is the key. Dwight Howard changes the game for his team defensively in such a dominant way that no other center does.

It all depends on what the Lakers will ultimately have to part with along with Bynum, but if the right deal is in place I can't see the Lakers not going for Dwight because they have Bynum.

shep33
01-04-2012, 06:44 PM
We need a pg more than we need D12. Blake is a good backup, but Fisher just can't get it done anymore. Need to take pressure off of Kobe, because he's been playing pg and sg this season

RLundi
01-04-2012, 06:48 PM
If Bynum can stay healthy, then I don't see why they make a play for Dwight. Yes it's early, but Bynum has looked spectacular thus far. His usage rate and PER are high, win shares look good, his footwork looks polished and he looks physically better.

But that nagging injury history will be his plight. That's what is gonna impel Orlando to ask for both him and Gasol, or at least another significant player. If he continues producing anywhere near where he is now, I say keep him, forget Dwight.

beliges
01-04-2012, 06:49 PM
I promise I'm not just saying this as a Nets fan, but with the way Bynum has been playing of late, I would ride his play because he is playing at a monster level right now. The Lakers really need a point guard that can run an offense. While I LOVE Fisher, I believe they need a young point guard with energy and great passing ability.

I agree. I think Lakers shift their focus on D Will now. With NJ going nowhere fast, I think Lakers try hard to make a package of Pau + Fillers for D Will. Not like NJ will get any worse plus the Lakers will get exactly what they need.

bringinwood
If they want to win a title, they need to...

If they want to get a 5th or 6th seed in the west and be one and done, they should hang on to Bynum...

Bynum has done nothing to show he will consistently put up 22.7 and 17 over the course of a season and even if he does, he isn't half the defender Dwight is...

The Lakers will score as any team with Kobe would... But, they are not especially good on defense...

Mike Brown will have a slight effect on the team defensive side but, it won't be enough to be a title contender...

Bravo95
Surprised people are even asking this.

Bynum is good, but the simplest way to look at it is... If Howard doesn't become a Laker, he'll likely be a Mav net season. So he can either be your center or your headache out West for the next 8-10 years.

DerekRE_3
01-04-2012, 06:50 PM
Bynum will get hurt.

beliges
01-04-2012, 06:51 PM

If they want to get a 5th or 6th seed in the west and be one and done, they should hang on to Bynum...

Bynum has done nothing to show he will consistently put up 22.7 and 17 over the course of a season and even if he does, he isn't half the defender Dwight is...

The Lakers will score as any team with Kobe would... But, they are not especially good on defense...

Mike Brown will have a slight effect on the team defensive side but, it won't be enough to be a title contender...

Lakers defense is actually much improved then last season. However, the problem with the Lakers is that outside of Kobe, Pau and Bynum, they have absolutely ZERO on their roster. Thats why giving away LO for nothing was a major blow to them. They have a horrible roster outside of their big 3, the need PG help and depth to be able to compete for a title.

theheatles
01-04-2012, 06:52 PM
lakers FO are going to offer steve blake, luke walton, kapono and bynum for jameer, dwight, ryan anderson and hedo

beliges
01-04-2012, 06:55 PM
lakers FO are going to offer steve blake, luke walton, kapono and bynum for jameer, dwight, ryan anderson and hedo

Pau + fillers for D Will.

Khalifa21
01-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Howard >>>>> Bynum

Bynum has three games where he puts up numbers Howard's been putting up for the last 5 years and the Lakers no longer need him..... :rolleyes:

Just wait until Bynum gets injured again. If you're Mitch Kupchak, you attempt to trade Bynum for Howard straight up now, hoping Otis is dumb enough to believe the Bynum hype after just three games and it's a remotely fair trade.

Either way I really don't see D12 in a Lakers uni.

Lakeshow24KB
01-04-2012, 07:01 PM
We need a pg more than we need D12. Blake is a good backup, but Fisher just can't get it done anymore. Need to take pressure off of Kobe, because he's been playing pg and sg this season

He's playing PG, SG, and SF this season lol

mp3
01-04-2012, 07:03 PM
Bynum playing like a beast is greatly increasing his trade value. Lakers should still try and trade for Howard, because we all know Bynum will get hurt. Call me crazy but Bynum already has more offensive ability than Dwight Howard. He just looks so much more fluent than Dwight Howard on the offensive end. In terms of defense Howard is miles ahead of Bynum and always will be. If Bynum wasn't always getting hurt he's easily the 2nd best Center in the league.

LakersMaster24
01-04-2012, 07:05 PM
That's true too but Steve Blake is knocking down his shot however he can't defend. Neither can Fish as father time is catching up with him. I think that Pau Gasol needs to step up and make some open jump shots that are 15-17 which isn't quite automatic.

Father time had already caught up to Fish, grabbed him by his back and yelled in his ear "RETIRE!"

Lakeshow24KB
01-04-2012, 07:07 PM
I don't see any major trades happening for LA........idk

Lakeshow24KB
01-04-2012, 07:08 PM
I don't see any major trades happening for LA........idk

Mr_Jones
01-04-2012, 07:16 PM
I just do not trust Bynum's knees. He's a gifted player and all, but he really is injury-plagued.

Dwight provides a definitive presence on defense and offense. He is not great in the post, but he is a lot better on defense.

At least we know that he can be the player of the future for us. Bynum could be that, but the chance that he goes down again is great.

Supa
01-04-2012, 08:52 PM
For Lakers, they would love to trade for Howard, but it's not a must.

But for Magic, they must get something for Howard before he walks away with nothing in return for his value.

Before the season started, Lakers would give up both Bynum and Gasol for Howard, but now it's increasingly unlikely.

Wait and see approach is safer for Orlando, but they will get less.

---

blastmasta26
01-04-2012, 09:06 PM
They need to, only because of Bynum's propensity to get injured.

C-Style
01-04-2012, 09:07 PM
Yes They should trade for him they need some sort of commodity, Plus Lakers can't take a risk on Bynum's knee. If he was to stay healthy from here on out then their would be no need for Dwight. Bynum has better low post offense. BUt if an opportunity presents itself Lakers should take it.

Yunqn
01-04-2012, 09:08 PM
kirk hinrich for tpe?

C-Style
01-04-2012, 09:10 PM
But that nagging injury history will be his plight. That's what is gonna impel Orlando to ask for both him and Gasol, or at least another significant player.

No way Lakers give both Bynum+Gasol. Lakers are not the desperate team.

C-Style
01-04-2012, 09:10 PM
kirk hinrich for tpe?

That would be so nice, maybe Calderon?

C-Style
01-04-2012, 09:11 PM
Bynum isn't half the defender Dwight is...

Bynum is a great defensive anchor, to say he's not half the defender Dwight is, is rubbish. Your making Bynum out to be a punk. Dude actually has a presence on D

Cano-Montero...
01-04-2012, 09:12 PM
Of course they should...

problem though we need a pg 1st... badly!

heyman321
01-04-2012, 09:16 PM
Bynum playing like a beast is greatly increasing his trade value. Lakers should still try and trade for Howard, because we all know Bynum will get hurt. Call me crazy but Bynum already has more offensive ability than Dwight Howard. He just looks so much more fluent than Dwight Howard on the offensive end. In terms of defense Howard is miles ahead of Bynum and always will be. If Bynum wasn't always getting hurt he's easily the 2nd best Center in the league.

You're not crazy. Bynum is the only center in the league that actually knows how to post up. Dwight knows how to dunk only.

beliges
01-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Bynum is a great defensive anchor, to say he's not half the defender Dwight is, is rubbish. Your making Bynum out to be a punk. Dude actually has a presence on D

Bynum's the 2nd best C in the game and IF Orlando actually does decide to trade Dwight, they will not get a better offer than Bynum + fillers from another team. The thing is however, with Bynum playing as well as ever, I think Lakers will turn their focus elsewhere and try to move Pau for a great PG like D Will. Could you imagine if the Lakers actually acquired CP3 and had a Kobe, CP3, Bynum lineup right now. Its no wonder the owners whined and *****ed and tried anything they could to avoid this. Pau seems like the odd man out at this point. If Lakers can get a great PG to run the show for Pau, I think theyll pull that trigger.

naps
01-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Wait till he goes down. I never expect for anyone but sadly this is bound to happen.

C-Style
01-04-2012, 09:34 PM
Bynum's the 2nd best C in the game and IF Orlando actually does decide to trade Dwight, they will not get a better offer than Bynum + fillers from another team. The thing is however, with Bynum playing as well as ever, I think Lakers will turn their focus elsewhere and try to move Pau for a great PG like D Will. Could you imagine if the Lakers actually acquired CP3 and had a Kobe, CP3, Bynum lineup right now. Its no wonder the owners whined and *****ed and tried anything they could to avoid this. Pau seems like the odd man out at this point. If Lakers can get a great PG to run the show for Pau, I think theyll pull that trigger.

That would be awesome. even better if they had kept Odom. But I woulnt count on Bynum staying healthy. IF Lakers were in rebuild mode I wouldn't mind. But Lakers are trying to win at least 1 more before Kobe retires. And putting all those hopes on Bynum's knees is not a good idea

Marco22
01-04-2012, 09:40 PM
We got haters of Bynum who can predict his Injury but can't predict what's going to happen when they walk out of their Jobs or homes. Suppose someone could predict when one of you dudes will fall down the stairs and break your azz! The hate for Bynum has consumed your minds to the point you are wishing him harm. Be careful what you wish for you just might get it.

Lakeshow24KB
01-04-2012, 09:50 PM
I would definitly look for a PG before looking for a replacement for Bynum. I agree with other people above, Pau is the odd man out even though Kobe loves Pau and will be upset if he leaves. But if they can get a quality PG for Pau I'll definitely take it.

beliges
01-04-2012, 09:51 PM
That would be awesome. even better if they had kept Odom. But I woulnt count on Bynum staying healthy. IF Lakers were in rebuild mode I wouldn't mind. But Lakers are trying to win at least 1 more before Kobe retires. And putting all those hopes on Bynum's knees is not a good idea

They still have the option of Dwight. No other team in the league can offer a player like Bynum in a deal to Orlando for Dwight. If they do decide to trade him and the Lakers are interested, they will hold onto Pau and team up Kobe, Pau and Dwight which would be a deadly team.

Hellcrooner
01-04-2012, 09:53 PM
the answer is

KNEES.

beliges
01-04-2012, 09:55 PM
the answer is

KNEES.

Knees Shnees. Bynum is better than Pau at this point.

dc5jdm
01-04-2012, 09:58 PM
Some people talking crap about Bynum but they wouldn't think twice of having him on their team.

ldawg
01-04-2012, 10:43 PM
on the offensive end Bynum is better than Howard but Howard is better on the defensive end. You can play hack a Howard but that will not work for Bynum. Because of La coach and what they a trying to do Howard is the better fit for them. Bynum is more a half court player and is the most skilled center in the nba not even Howard can dominate him he is just to big and skilled. If healthy he may over take Howard as the best overall center. Hands down however La should still try to land Howard because of his speed, defense, ability to play without the ball and still dominate. Howard and Pau compliment each other more and La goal should be to pair the two. La weak spots are pg and scorer off the bench but they can get by for one more year if they land Howard and sign a spark off the bench like say jr smith.

KBfrom8to24
01-04-2012, 10:45 PM
We got haters of Bynum who can predict his Injury but can't predict what's going to happen when they walk out of their Jobs or homes. Suppose someone could predict when one of you dudes will fall down the stairs and break your azz! The hate for Bynum has consumed your minds to the point you are wishing him harm. Be careful what you wish for you just might get it.

And they didn't even think that freak accidents by LO & Kobe were the reason why he got injured so badly. If he is really an injury prone, he should always be injured caused by his carelessness.

DLCK
01-04-2012, 11:06 PM
Kobe steam rolls into bynums knee and all of sudden hes injury prone? more like unlucky.. Greg oden is injury prone

ldawg
01-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Bynum will look darn good in Orlando with Patrick Ewing in his corner. his ceiling is much higher than Howard.

ldawg
01-04-2012, 11:11 PM
Bynum for Howard or Howard for Bynum how ever way you want to put it. Is good for all Parties. Orlando, Lakers, Howard and Bynum. Its a win,win,win,win

ldawg
01-04-2012, 11:14 PM
If Orlando do not make that move they will get nothing in return because if they don't trade him, Both Howard and William will join the Mavs. Williams,Dirk,Howard will form another one and It sure beats joining Williams on nets.

DLCK
01-04-2012, 11:14 PM
I say lakers keep Bynum and trade pau for a PG and PF neither has to be a star

ldawg
01-04-2012, 11:26 PM
I say lakers keep Bynum and trade pau for a PG and PF neither has to be a starThen La has no back up center and they become small and loose their edge. If you trade Pau it has to be an upgrade or the trade makes no sense. La best option is get Howard to pair with Pau they will work will together and target a spark off the bench in jr smith when he returns home. La can win with Bynun and Pau but it is not a match made in heaven they both need the ball unlike Howard.

Hunter48MVP
01-04-2012, 11:30 PM
Yes!

da wood
01-04-2012, 11:51 PM
You know before we tried to tell people how good Bynum was, but he couldn't even get a 5th best center nod in psd.

Chronz
01-04-2012, 11:54 PM

Maybe, but its also a given that Bynum will give you All-Star production while hes on the floor.

Chronz
01-04-2012, 11:56 PM

LOL so your expecting any player to average 17 rebounds?

Raph12
01-04-2012, 11:57 PM
Do they need Dwight? No... Is he a significant upgrade over Bynum? Yes.

Dwight makes the team much better defensively, he has quick hands and feet which enable him to guard PGs/wings off the dribble long enough for them to switch back and he's strong/athletic enough to contest anything at the rim and still lead the league in rebounding. It's no surprise that the Magic, despite horrid perimeter defense, have led the league in paint protection/oppFG% at the rim for the last 3-4 years... As for the offensive end, teams gameplan against Dwight anytime they play the Magic, with guys like Kobe and Pau, they will be forced to play him straightup which will enable Kobe/Pau more comfort on offense. Dwight's always been near 60% from the floor and a 20+ppg (23 last year) scorer and that's with a limited number of plays being run for him. He's the ideal compliment player to any ball-dominant superstar yet can carry a team offensively when he has to.

In a nutshell, if it costs them Bynum-fillers, then you're crazy not to do it; you do not give up Pau in the deal though.

Lakeshow24KB
01-05-2012, 12:16 AM

Dwight makes the team much better defensively, he has quick hands and feet which enable him to guard PGs/wings off the dribble long enough for them to switch back and he's strong/athletic enough to contest anything at the rim and still lead the league in rebounding. It's no surprise that the Magic, despite horrid perimeter defense, have led the league in paint protection/oppFG% at the rim for the last 3-4 years... As for the offensive end, teams gameplan against Dwight anytime they play the Magic, with guys like Kobe and Pau, they will be forced to play him straightup which will enable Kobe/Pau more comfort on offense. Dwight's always been near 60% from the floor and a 20+ppg (23 last year) scorer and that's with a limited number of plays being run for him. He's the ideal compliment player to any ball-dominant superstar yet can carry a team offensively when he has to.

In a nutshell, if it costs them Bynum-fillers, then you're crazy not to do it; you do not give up Pau in the deal though.

Now this is a good one. DH didn't have Kobe or gasol in ORL. Just imagine that crazy trio. It would make lob city look like silly.

MTar786
01-05-2012, 02:01 AM
I agree. I think Lakers shift their focus on D Will now. With NJ going nowhere fast, I think Lakers try hard to make a package of Pau + Fillers for D Will. Not like NJ will get any worse plus the Lakers will get exactly what they need.

then the lakers will be in dire need of a pf? then what?? murphy is good. but only as a bench gguy. his defense is TERRIBLE. mcbob is a good energy guy who can give you 15 mins if need be.

jsthornton7
01-05-2012, 02:18 AM

father time has already lapped d fish lol. still love his effort tho

C-Style
01-05-2012, 02:32 AM

:speechless: :clap:

C-Style
01-05-2012, 02:39 AM
They still have the option of Dwight. No other team in the league can offer a player like Bynum in a deal to Orlando for Dwight. If they do decide to trade him and the Lakers are interested, they will hold onto Pau and team up Kobe, Pau and Dwight which would be a deadly team.

I think that's why Lakers should go after Dwight first. Then theirs the possibility of getting Deron for Pau, Only IF Deron decides he wants to be traded(once Dwight doesn't go to NJ), And with Dwight coming to L.A theirs no question L.A will be one of his prefered destinations.

If not we still have a dominant trio with Pau-Kobe-Dwight, and we still have the 9mill TE for a PG who are easier to come by.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-05-2012, 02:41 AM
At this point, Lakers just need a quick point guard that can get to the lane easily and a consistent starting small forward. They have to figure out what they want to do with the whole Barnes/Ebanks thing if Coach Brown has MWP set to come off the bench as the 6th man.

C-Style
01-05-2012, 02:43 AM
At this point, Lakers just need a quick point guard that can get to the lane easily and a consistent starting small forward. They have to figure out what they want to do with the whole Barnes/Ebanks thing if Coach Brown has MWP set to come off the bench as the 6th man.

I hope that's what the Lakers are hoping to get for the TE. They are just not rushing it and will do so for the right PG

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-05-2012, 02:50 AM
I hope that's what the Lakers are hoping to get for the TE. They are just not rushing it and will do so for the right PG

A player I would love to have if possible with that TPE would be Stephen Jackson of the Bucks. I know dude is unhappy in Milwaukee and he would be perfect in setting the table for the bigs and being our primary spot up shooter at the 3 position, and he's tough.

Lakerfrk
01-05-2012, 02:57 AM
Yes.. we still need Dwight.. and yes.. we need Dwill as well... I know its a pipe dream.. but a dream nonetheless.

lakersfan01
01-05-2012, 02:58 AM
Absolutely not. Bynum might be even better than Howard.

What we need is a pg. Deron Williams doesn't look all that great to end last season and this season, I wonder how healthy his wrist is. But I'd probably trade Gasol for Williams, Westbrook, Howard, and Love. That's it, and since none of these scenarios will happen, I'd just sign Arenas and call it good. Lakers will go as far as Kobe buys into being a team player this season.

aussie
01-05-2012, 02:58 AM
pfft no...they need Norris Cole if they wanna go anywhere

D1JM
01-05-2012, 02:59 AM
The real question is will Bynum stay healthy enough to finish this shorten season?

C-Style
01-05-2012, 03:01 AM
A player I would love to have if possible with that TPE would be Stephen Jackson of the Bucks. I know dude is unhappy in Milwaukee and he would be perfect in setting the table for the bigs and being our primary spot up shooter at the 3 position, and he's tough.

Step 1: Trade Bynum+Filler for Howard+Turk

Step 2: Trade Gasol for Deron Williams/We would need a 3rd team like the Rockets deal.

Step 3: Trade our TPE for Trevor Ariza

:speechless:
....Just dreaming

Bu D-will+Kobe+Ariza on the fast break would be sick!

fresh prince
01-05-2012, 06:02 AM
This is really simple stuff.
We do not need to trade for Dwight he is a center and we already have a good one. (Andrew Bynum) What the team NEEDS is a good Pg. We do not have one of those on the entire roster.

abe_froman
01-05-2012, 06:04 AM
they never needed to in the first place....but they still will

Wade>You
01-05-2012, 06:08 AM
First rule of the markets: buy low, sell high.

If you're the Lakers, you're selling high with Bynum's recent performances and getting a guy who's been doing for years what Bynum's been doing recently.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-05-2012, 06:31 AM
If he keeps it up the whole year, probably not.

But Bynum has a history of injuries while Howard has barley missed any games since he's been in the league.

So even if he can keep it up the whole year, I'd still look to trade him for Howard. Assuming I don't overpay of course.

Run&Gun
01-05-2012, 06:50 AM
I've always thought that if Bynum stayed healthy he could be better than Dwight Howard overall, but of course like everyone has been saying that's probably impossible.

Additionally not sure if him playing like this is making the Laker better, somehow when I watch them don't feel like I'm watching a championship contender anymore. I think Bynum playing like how he is, is making Pau more irellavent and it's making him passive and not contribute as much as he can.

Laker def. need a PG or playmaking SF, just to throw it out there but what if phili wanted to trade Iggy+Jrue for Bynum and a pick?

bgkdbkfda
01-05-2012, 07:11 AM
welcome to: http://50.gd/25

The website wholesale for many kinds of fashion shoes, like the nike,jordan,prada,****, also including the jeans,shirts,bags,hat and the decorations. All the products are free shipping, and the the price is competitive, and also can accept the paypal payment.,after the payment, can ship within short time.

free shipping

competitive price

any size available

accept the paypal

http://50.gd/25

jordan shoes $32

nike shox $32

Christan Audigier bikini $23

Ed Hardy Bikini $23

Smful short_t-shirt_woman $15

ed hardy short_tank_woman $16

Sandal $32

christian louboutin $80

Sunglass $15

COACH_Necklace $27

handbag $33

AF tank woman $17

puma slipper woman $30

http://50.gd/25

ldawg
01-05-2012, 07:45 AM
Any player can get injured even Howard some players a lucky and some not so lucky. Bynum did not hurt he knee running up the court. A player ran into his knee and hyper extend it. How many players are hurt. Kobe, Wade, Zack, Beasley, both Pauls, Chauncey, Amare, Nelson, Manu, D Williams, Lopez, Ellis, Curry, Kirk, Oden, the list will get longer. Tell you what a one foot Bynum is better than a one foot howard. Howard is not injury prof he is just lucky. The good thing about Bynum is that La had Pau and did not need to rush him so he can heal. How many centers can beat up on so called one foot Bynum? And how many centers in the game today had foot issues? did Al jefferson, Tyson chandler, Perkin not went through the same period of foot trouble? Did both Rhondo and Bogart hurt their elbow? And it is Possible he never see a freak accident again depends on his luck. After all bosh is still on the court with the same big knee brace.

ldawg
01-05-2012, 08:01 AM
on the offensive end Bynum is better than Howard but Howard is better on the defensive end. You can play hack a Howard but that will not work for Bynum. Because of La coach and what they a trying to do Howard is the better fit for them. Bynum is more a half court player and is the most skilled center in the nba not even Howard can dominate him he is just to big and skilled. If healthy he may over take Howard as the best overall center. Hands down however La should still try to land Howard because of his speed, defense, ability to play without the ball and still dominate. Howard and Pau compliment each other more and La goal should be to pair the two. La weak spots are pg and scorer off the bench but they can get by for one more year if they land Howard and sign a spark off the bench like say jr smith.

stfN
01-05-2012, 08:53 AM
I do think they need a PG more than Dwight. Bynum looks good.

What about this?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=859kvpm

I Like Dragic alot and maybe he will be even better in a bigger role.

I think Barnes is expendable because they have Ebanks (more athletic) and World Peace (defense).

What do you think?

Spencesc11
01-05-2012, 09:25 AM
The bigger need in Laker land is either a scoring pg or point forward to take some perimeter pressure off of Kobe. If they can move Bynum and misc for Hedo and Dwight that would be great for them but they still need a lead guard in my opinion. I would pull the trigger on this deal and then amnesty Artest next season and give the full mid-level to OJ Mayo. Even though he is a shooting guard he could be the air apparrent to Kobe and with Kobe and Hedo they could both initiate the offense.

2012 Laker starting 5 - Mayo, Bryant, Hedo, Gasol, and Bynum

Could be scary. But if they prefer a more standard point guard (Raymond Felton and Ramon Sessions) would be the best options then.

BigCityofDreams
01-05-2012, 09:31 AM
First rule of the markets: buy low, sell high.

If you're the Lakers, you're selling high with Bynum's recent performances and getting a guy who's been doing for years what Bynum's been doing recently.

Exactly Bynum is playing well and it's very nice to see him do that but you can't get pulled in by his recent performance and pass up on a great center like Howard.

king4day
01-05-2012, 12:20 PM
Bynum playing this well early should be all should make LA want to deal him more. They might be able to get Howard without Gasol included. Howard stays healthy and Bynum usually doesn't.