PDA

View Full Version : More Likely: Deron or D12 to be Traded?

shep33
01-04-2012, 01:57 PM
By the deadline....

This is just pure give your opinion, there are no rumors out there whatsoever. I just thought it'd be an interesting topic to discuss.

Set up 4 answers:

1) Deron- With the Nets struggling and no help in sight, does he ask out?
2) D12- Does Orlando roll the dice and keep him? Or trade him come the deadline
3) Both will be traded- If Howard goes somewhere other than NJ, does Deron ask to be dealt?
4) Neither will be traded- Do both teams stand pat? Does Deron just take whatever this year will bring and see what happens in the offseason?

RLundi
01-04-2012, 02:05 PM
I don't Deron will be traded. I still think NJ has hopes it can convince him to stay and sigh another big man. I think he's gone in the summer though.

I also don't think Orlando trades Dwight unless they get back Bynum and at least one other piece, from another team even. If not, then I say Dwight stays in Orlando for the remainder of the season and the Magic trade sign-and-trade him in the summer.

So, I think it's much more likely Howard gets traded than Williams.

shep33
01-04-2012, 02:07 PM
I don't Deron will be traded. I still think NJ has hopes it can convince him to stay and sigh another big man. I think he's gone in the summer though.

I also don't think Orlando trades Dwight unless they get back Bynum and at least one other piece, from another team even. If not, then I say Dwight stays in Orlando for the remainder of the season and the Magic trade sign-and-trade him in the summer.

So, I think it's much more likely Howard gets traded than Williams.

Good points. I'm kind of going in the opposite direction though...I'm starting to believe that Howard is less likely to leave, and Deron is more likely to especially if help isn't coming. That's just my opinion.

mightybosstone
01-04-2012, 02:09 PM
I still think it's extremely early to say one way or the other, but I'm going to say that neither guy gets dealt by the trade deadline. It's really early in the season, but Orlando has impressed me, and the breakout of Ryan Anderson could be exactly what the Magic need to convince Dwight to stay. If they could make a legit run to the ECF or possibly the Finals, I still think they have a shot to keep Dwight.

On the flip side, the Nets have been terrible, but Williams has already said he is likely to re-sign with them and I don't think the Nets will deal him unless their backs are completely against the wall with no other option than him leaving. I also think that the Nets could potentially still make a move or two to acquire the pieces to get him to stay. What those pieces are, I have no idea. But I think they've invested too much to not keep Williams, and they'll do whatever it takes to make him happy...

shep33
01-04-2012, 02:14 PM
I still think it's extremely early to say one way or the other, but I'm going to say that neither guy gets dealt by the trade deadline. It's really early in the season, but Orlando has impressed me, and the breakout of Ryan Anderson could be exactly what the Magic need to convince Dwight to stay. If they could make a legit run to the ECF or possibly the Finals, I still think they have a shot to keep Dwight.

On the flip side, the Nets have been terrible, but Williams has already said he is likely to re-sign with them and I don't think the Nets will deal him unless their backs are completely against the wall with no other option than him leaving. I also think that the Nets could potentially still make a move or two to acquire the pieces to get him to stay. What those pieces are, I have no idea. But I think they've invested too much to not keep Williams, and they'll do whatever it takes to make him happy...

It is so early in the season, your totally right. But if the Nets are like at the bottom of the standings and have no chance at the playoffs, with no help in sight... does he ask out you think?

I dunno, this is a really fluid situation that is always going to change. Orlando does look good but they've also been playing some pretty weak teams, still Anderson and Redick have been really really good.

Dade County
01-04-2012, 02:24 PM
The nest hold on to williams and the magic trade Howard...

I think one of the reasons why Howard hasn't been traded, is that the magic front office is waiting until after the all star game.

king4day
01-04-2012, 02:25 PM
If Howard is dealt to LAL, then I don't think it even matters anymore for NJ. They will HAVE to deal Williams. They should already be in the process of Pursuing a Deron for Westbrook deal.

Ty Fast
01-04-2012, 02:32 PM
howard will be traded.

shep33
01-04-2012, 02:33 PM
If Howard is dealt to LAL, then I don't think it even matters anymore for NJ. They will HAVE to deal Williams. They should already be in the process of Pursuing a Deron for Westbrook deal.

Yeah that should be a given I think. If Howard goes, I don't see any reason why the Nets wouldn't trade Dwill

Lakerhead4ever
01-04-2012, 02:50 PM

yeah definitely. the nets FO are in a very difficult space. with brooks going down im sure the magics noted that. not to mention they recently said they want vets in return for howard.

d will hasnt signed an extension yet meaning if he doesnt see what he likes in NJ he will walk in the off season, and the nets will go from a team on the rise back to one of the worse teams in the league.

that being said, all this has to get done before the the trade deadline if any of those two teams want something in return.

but in my honest opinion, i feel d-12 will be a laker by deadline and d-will will walk in the off-season

mightybosstone
01-04-2012, 02:56 PM
I think the talk of Dwight to LA will continue, but the way Bynum is playing, I'm not so sure it will last forever. Granted, I'm still nowhere near ready to put Bynum in the same category as Dwight and he's still not proven he can stay healthy for a full season, but Bynum has admittedly outplayed Dwight in a number of statistical categories to start the season.

Even if Bynum only ends up as a 15/12/2 type player, that might be enough to keep him in LA if he's healthy.

nickdymez
01-04-2012, 03:25 PM
I think if Bynum keeps playing the way he is, the ball is in the Lakers court. The magic want Pau, Bynum, and for the Lakers to eat Hedo's contract. I don't see that happening at this time. If Bynum can stay healthy come trade deadline, the Magic should seriously look into Howard and turk for Bynum and trade exception. If Bynum finishes out the year virtually injury free for the Magic, its an awesome trade for both sides. The gap between Bynum and Howard isn't that big if you ask me.

I think Deron is definitely gone at the end of the season. I see him honoring the remainder of his contract then becoming a free agent and seeing what Dallas can offer. Deron for Westbrook would be sick for OKC. Dwill and Durant would be nuts. But i don't see him being traded to any other team unless he is willing to sign an extension.

PC
01-04-2012, 03:28 PM
I don't think the Nets are going to trade Deron. I see them making a push to add some talent around him before the deadline; otherwise they have cap space to add pieces this summer. Even if the Nets do lose him, I can't see him leaving through a trade

GoPacers33
01-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Magic should make a run at Deron if they want DH12 to stay.

shep33
01-04-2012, 03:56 PM
I haven't really liked Deron's body language this year, I can't blame him though, there is not much talent on that roster. I think he's already frustrated, hopefully the Nets get him some help soon, doesn't have to be D12, just a couple guys who can play consistently

utl768
01-04-2012, 03:57 PM
i dont think either will be traded

magic have no leverage and are gonna get low ball offers imo from now on

nets will try to resign deron

jimbobjarree
01-04-2012, 03:59 PM
so long as Dwight hasn't signed an extension anywhere, the Nets wont be trading Deron. So Dwight.

bovice163
01-04-2012, 04:14 PM
Dwight definitely. Unless Deron makes an indication that he's not going to re-sign with NJ, he's not going anywhere.

Raph12
01-04-2012, 04:19 PM
If Bynum can beast the way he has until the deadline, I could see Dwight-Hedo for Bynum-fillers go down at the deadline... Other than that, both stay for the season.

beliges
01-04-2012, 04:30 PM
I think if Bynum keeps playing the way he is, the ball is in the Lakers court. The magic want Pau, Bynum, and for the Lakers to eat Hedo's contract. I don't see that happening at this time. If Bynum can stay healthy come trade deadline, the Magic should seriously look into Howard and turk for Bynum and trade exception. If Bynum finishes out the year virtually injury free for the Magic, its an awesome trade for both sides. The gap between Bynum and Howard isn't that big if you ask me.

I think Deron is definitely gone at the end of the season. I see him honoring the remainder of his contract then becoming a free agent and seeing what Dallas can offer. Deron for Westbrook would be sick for OKC. Dwill and Durant would be nuts. But i don't see him being traded to any other team unless he is willing to sign an extension.

Not a chance the Lakers give up both Bynum and Pau for Dwight. Especially now that Bynum has been the best center in the league since hes been back. At least numberrs wise. A Dwight for Bynum deal is as good a deal as Orlando will get. But now with Bynum's emergence it seems Pau is the odd man out and I think the Lakers will pursue D Will from NJ if he is indeed put on the trade deadline. A premier PG is exactly what this Laker team needs. Dwight would be an upgrade for sure, but the way Bynum is playing, im not sure how it would help the Lakers as much as a Pau for D Will swap.

thedfactor
01-04-2012, 04:39 PM
If Bynum can beast the way he has until the deadline, I could see Dwight-Hedo for Bynum-fillers go down at the deadline... Other than that, both stay for the season.I think the Lakers definitely have the best piece in a healthy Bynum who clearly is the league's 2nd best center. It depends if the Magic would settle for only Bynum and "fillers" as opposed to demanding both Bynum/Gasol in return.

The Magic oddly do have some leverage over the Lakers in that Dwight has the Mavericks also on his preferred destinations. Dallas won't be able to offer nearly as attractive a package in trade, but would wait for Howard to hit free agency and offer him the max.

Now unless LA doesn't care that Howard signs with Dallas, hypothetically then they would be fine just sticking with Bynum and Gasol.

It all comes down to Orlando though and how patient they stay with Dwight before delving back into serious talks about trades for Dwight before the deadline.

As it stands, Lakers have best trade offer for them.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
01-04-2012, 05:01 PM
question.............

if bynum is playing so good and he can somehow actualy stay healthy..then why would the lakers trade him? i mean ok i without a doubt think D12 is still the best center but if bynum is killin it then y trade him?

Supreme LA
01-04-2012, 05:24 PM
question.............

if bynum is playing so good and he can somehow actualy stay healthy..then why would the lakers trade him? i mean ok i without a doubt think D12 is still the best center but if bynum is killin it then y trade him?

Because D12 is better and the ultimate game changer on defense. Dwight is the only man that has the quickness, strength, and athletic ability to protect the rim from today's best finishers. Bynum has his length, but his timing, quickness, and strength is nowhere near D12's.

dtmagnet
01-04-2012, 05:30 PM
Neither, Nets would be humiliated if they did that and I see the Magic being competitive enough that they decide to keep Dwight.

CaptainClutch
01-04-2012, 05:33 PM
Definitely a sticky situation for NJ. They really aren't helping themselves convince Deron that the Nets have a future. Even when Brook Lopez comes back, its still not enough to convince him to stay a Net. Unless the Nets make a big splash at the deadline, I see them riding this out and trying to re-sign him in the offseason.

Otis Smith, on the other hand, still believes that he can convince Dwight to remain on the Magic, thinking they can get an all-star to come play with him. I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon and sooner rather than later, Otis realizes Dwight wants a bigger market then central Florida.

So my answer is Dwight.

theLgndKllr35
01-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Magic will trade Dwight to anyone come the trade deadline. If Dwight has no interest in returning, he doesn't have a choice in where he's sent. Nets hold onto Deron hoping to get him locked up, and thus bringing Howard in.

I could see him moved to Philadelphia for something like Andre Iguodala, Lou Williams, and two 1sts. Then amnesty Brand in the offseason to make room for Deron Williams.

Chill_Will_24
01-04-2012, 06:10 PM
Dwight demanded a trade while Deron just today was preaching patience for his Nets saying there is a "bigger picture" and that he is willing to put up with the losing. Honestly he reminds me of D-Wade right now before he got Bosh and James

shep33
01-04-2012, 06:12 PM
Dwight demanded a trade while Deron just today was preaching patience for his Nets saying there is a "bigger picture" and that he is willing to put up with the losing. Honestly he reminds me of D-Wade right now before he got Bosh and James

That's awesome that Dwill is being patient. I hope he stays like that, because the future for the Nets is pretty bright IMO. I just wasn't sure that he could take the losing. Hopefully he maintains that attitude

CaptainClutch
01-04-2012, 06:12 PM

But D-Wade won a title with Shaq....I know what you're saying cause after that they sucked until LBJ and CB came in

Chill_Will_24
01-04-2012, 06:17 PM
That's awesome that Dwill is being patient. I hope he stays like that, because the future for the Nets is pretty bright IMO. I just wasn't sure that he could take the losing. Hopefully he maintains that attitude

yea this is just what he is saying. When it comes down to it and both he and Dwight hit FA next year.. who is to say the choose the Nets?

I think Deron is saying all the right things for his team but he has a foot out the door already. Nets need to shape up. Dwight is more likely to be traded than Deron thou

blastmasta26
01-04-2012, 07:42 PM
I don't think the Nets will trade D-Will unless they get someone proven that has to stay long term, like Westbrook or something. Trading for youth is pointless, since they would be reversing what they did to get D-Will in the first place, not to mention they might not get the same talent in return. It is plausible that Williams leaves, but unlikely via trade unless he demands one which I doubt.

I think Howard will be moved though. The Magic just aren't truly contenders and Howard has demanded trades. If the Magic attempt to keep him, it will be a repeat of the Cavs situation with LeBron.

todu82
01-04-2012, 08:30 PM
Option 4. Neither will be traded. Howard signs long-term with the Magic before the summer.

nickdymez
01-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Option 4. Neither will be traded. Howard signs long-term with the Magic before the summer.

This will absolutely not happen

ngfuopigof8
01-04-2012, 08:52 PM
welcome to: http://50.gd/25
The website wholesale for many kinds of fashion shoes, like the nike,jordan,prada,****, also including the jeans,shirts,bags,hat and the decorations. All the products are free shipping, and the the price is competitive, and also can accept the paypal payment.,after the payment, can ship within short time.

free shipping

competitive price

any size available

accept the paypal

http://50.gd/25
jordan shoes $32

nike shox $32

Christan Audigier bikini $23

Ed Hardy Bikini $23

Smful short_t-shirt_woman $15

ed hardy short_tank_woman $16

Sandal $32

christian louboutin $80

Sunglass $15

COACH_Necklace $27

handbag $33

AF tank woman $17

puma slipper woman $30

http://50.gd/25

NYKNYGNYY
01-04-2012, 08:59 PM
Magic should make a run at Deron if they want DH12 to stay.

who are the magic gonna trade, there draft for the next 3 years? nets are gonna want a lot especially after how much they traded for him ya kno?

jrm2054
01-04-2012, 09:19 PM
D12 is more likley to be traded