PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Lowry is Ballin

Becks2307
01-04-2012, 02:34 AM
Always knew he was good, just stuck behind Brooks but damn

22pts 10 reb 9 ast vs Lakers tonight

and he had 18 ast a couple nights ago.

11.5 assists per game thus far. I bet he keeps it over 10 for the season.

MIP anyone?

Avenged
01-04-2012, 02:40 AM
Always knew he was good, just stuck behind Brooks but damn

22pts 10 reb 9 ast vs Lakers tonight

and he had 18 ast a couple nights ago.

11.5 assists per game thus far. I bet he keeps it over 10 for the season.

MIP anyone?

Has a great chance at it.. Bynum might have something to say about that as well though. ;)

Teeboy1487
01-04-2012, 02:46 AM
Kyle is playing really good. What a find by Houston. He's playing at an all star level.

shep33
01-04-2012, 02:50 AM
Lowry is awesome.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-04-2012, 02:54 AM
Does he end up like Aaron Brooks where he falls off the season after?

Swift Game
01-04-2012, 02:56 AM
I really like this Kid. To me he can do everything CP3 and D will can do without the flash. He also cannot create his own shot like those guys yet. I still think the Lakers should Trade Pau to the Rockets for Scola, Lowry and a pick if Houston is still interested.

Run&Gun
01-04-2012, 02:57 AM
Lowry's amazing, just plays so damn hard all the time, kinda like Westbrook mentality but with better basketball IQ, ableit less athletic.

iggypop123
01-04-2012, 03:12 AM
shooting percentage not ideal, and his 28 foot 3 pointers were head scratchers but his numbers are beastly.

Sadds The Gr8
01-04-2012, 03:55 AM
Bynum will probably get it over him only because he plays in LA.

MJ-BULLS
01-04-2012, 04:25 AM
if bynum can keep up his play and not get injured, i see him taking it. if not, then kyle can win it.

TopsyTurvy
01-04-2012, 04:50 AM
No way he gets the award if any of the recent moves/career revivals take over.

billsftw
01-04-2012, 04:59 AM
dont ****ing jinx it
i traded jrue + bosh for the kid

fredv
01-04-2012, 05:50 AM
MIP? Please, this guy needs to be on the all-star team.

In all logic he should make it as a reserve. He's the best defensive PG in the West and is averaging close to a triple-double.

His offensive % aren't that good at the moment though, but he'll probably pick it up a little later. Court vision isn't rusty though.

When it's all said and done he'll probably be snubbed for the all-star game just like Ty Lawson because of the small market he plays in.

Daunter
01-04-2012, 09:07 AM
He will probably be MIP with Kobe and Pau taking touches from Bynum and Bynum will probably get injured in this type of season.

WVNowitzki
01-04-2012, 09:44 AM
Has a great chance at it.. Bynum might have something to say about that as well though. ;)

I wouldn't say Bynum is improved per say, he's always had the talent. But he is a **** for brains and can't stay healthy. Otherwise he would be putting these numbers up regardless. I wouldn't even come close to considering him for MIP

Note: Not a Bynum bash, he's a beast..he just shouldnt be considered for MIP

magichatnumber9
01-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Lowry started ballin hard sometime last season and hasn't stopped. Kid is beast

mightybosstone
01-04-2012, 10:36 AM
I posted this in the Rockets forum and I'll go ahead and post it again in here to prove my point:

After that insane 22/10/9/2 game Lowry is currently averaging 15.0 points, 11.0 assists, 7.0 rebounds, 2.4 steals on .411/.320/.913 shooting percentages. According to basketball reference, he's currently top 20 in the following statistics: FT% (13th-.913), APG (1st-11.0), SPG (3rd-2.4), PER (5th-26.3), Offensive WS (16th-0.6), WS (18th-0.8), WS/48 (13th-.238). He's also first among PGs in RPG according to ESPN and 12th in scoring.
Also, to the person who said his shooting percentages weren't that great, you're right to an extent, but since he's getting to the line more often and hitting such a freakishly high percentage, his TS% is actually a really respectable .567 (a career high).

Oh, and the four players ahead of him in PER are Lebron, Love, Griffin and Melo...

slynxpac
01-04-2012, 10:57 AM
Lets see if he keeps consistent through the season

Gram
01-04-2012, 11:35 AM
I really like this Kid. To me he can do everything CP3 and D will can do without the flash. He also cannot create his own shot like those guys yet. I still think the Lakers should Trade Pau to the Rockets for Scola, Lowry and a pick if Houston is still interested.

:laugh: Good luck.

lavilevi23
01-04-2012, 12:08 PM
He's my pick for MIP so far.

Chronz
01-04-2012, 12:50 PM
:laugh: Good luck.

Lowry was never involved in the deal

pebloemer
01-04-2012, 01:02 PM
I posted this in the Rockets forum and I'll go ahead and post it again in here to prove my point:

Also, to the person who said his shooting percentages weren't that great, you're right to an extent, but since he's getting to the line more often and hitting such a freakishly high percentage, his TS% is actually a really respectable .567 (a career high).

Oh, and the four players ahead of him in PER are Lebron, Love, Griffin and Melo...

Wow, thanks for posting. I haven't watched him play since last year, but I've been looking at his box scores. I'll have to catch some Houston games this year. That's nuts.

Ragun
01-04-2012, 01:26 PM
Lowry is a ****ing beast. I've been a fan since his memphis days. nice to see him bounce back from that injury in his rookie season.

mightybosstone
01-04-2012, 01:46 PM
Lowry is a ****ing beast. I've been a fan since his memphis days. nice to see him bounce back from that injury in his rookie season.

And to think Daryl Morey acquired him for Rafer Alston and Brian Cook. I don't know why people in Houston don't get Morey more credit for his deals...

astrosmaniac
01-04-2012, 02:15 PM
Morey has won literally every deal he's made. Is it his fault FAs don't want to come to Houston? And he's tried every which way to get a star. He finally did. Till stern got involved :pity:

mightybosstone
01-04-2012, 02:20 PM
Morey has won literally every deal he's made. Is it his fault FAs don't want to come to Houston? And he's tried every which way to get a star. He finally did. Till stern got involved :pity:

I love the guy and I think he's receiving unfair criticism in Houston, but I wouldn't necessarily call EVERY move he's made a win. The Ariza deal was certainly questionable (although he erased it with the Courtney Lee deal) and the verdict is still out on the Terrence Williams trade, in which they may have given up their first round pick this season. And while it's really early, I'm still questioning the Marcus Morris pick.

However, I doubt any other GM has a 80-90 percent success rate on the moves and draft picks they've made over their careers, and Morey has been that successful. No other team in the league has acquired their three best players through trash assets the way Morey has.

RLundi
01-04-2012, 02:22 PM
I'm actually very impressed with him so far. His court vision is amazing. He's a triple double threat seemingly every night. He's a little like Rondo but a much better shooter. I know it's early, but so far he's been arguably the best point guard in the league.

AWC713
01-04-2012, 02:25 PM
kyle lowry is easily a top 10 pg. it's very hard to break the top 5 of pg's, but so far he's been playing better than deron williams and other elite PGs. don't believe me? look at the stats:

PPG, APG, RPG, SPG
deron: 17, 6, 4, 2

lowry:15, 11, 7, 3

westbrook: 17, 5, 5, 2

AWC713
01-04-2012, 02:27 PM
^^and if you'd rather have the additional two points over 5-6 more assists, then you clearly do not understand basketball or how to win the game, especially from a PG standpoint.

RLundi
01-04-2012, 02:46 PM
kyle lowry is easily a top 10 pg. it's very hard to break the top 5 of pg's, but so far he's been playing better than deron williams and other elite PGs. don't believe me? look at the stats:

PPG, APG, RPG, SPG
deron: 17, 6, 4, 2

lowry:15, 11, 7, 3

westbrook: 17, 5, 5, 2

^^and if you'd rather have the additional two points over 5-6 more assists, then you clearly do not understand basketball or how to win the game, especially from a PG standpoint.

Easy there, buddy. Lowry is doing great right now but longevity is difficult. I concede he's probably in the top 3 right now, but we'll see over the course of the long season.

Deron and Westbrook are in slumps, but I don't expect a sustained lack of production.

mp3
01-04-2012, 02:51 PM
played AAU bball with Kyle here in Philly. Kid was unbelievable in AAU scoring at will. He is a really hard worker. Talked to him when he was on Memphis. He said if he just got a chance he would be successful in this league. Well so far it looks like he is right.

mightybosstone
01-04-2012, 02:58 PM
The best thing that could happen for the Rockets franchise is for Lowry to keep this up, make the all-star team and lead the Rockets to a playoff birth so they can get some national notoriety for people to see how good he really is. The thing that is preventing people from coming to Houston is the lack of national attention and winning. Lowry could fix both of those things this season...

fredv
01-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Lets vote this kid in the All-Star Game!

mightybosstone
01-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Lets vote this kid in the All-Star Game!

I did it for my first time today. Do we get unlimited votes? If so, I'm going to vote him in every day until the voting stops...

fredv
01-04-2012, 05:09 PM
I did it for my first time today. Do we get unlimited votes? If so, I'm going to vote him in every day until the voting stops...

Yeah. 1 vote/day

astrosmaniac
01-04-2012, 07:40 PM
I love the guy and I think he's receiving unfair criticism in Houston, but I wouldn't necessarily call EVERY move he's made a win. The Ariza deal was certainly questionable (although he erased it with the Courtney Lee deal) and the verdict is still out on the Terrence Williams trade, in which they may have given up their first round pick this season. And while it's really early, I'm still questioning the Marcus Morris pick.

However, I doubt any other GM has a 80-90 percent success rate on the moves and draft picks they've made over their careers, and Morey has been that successful. No other team in the league has acquired their three best players through trash assets the way Morey has.

i was strictly speaking trades, but i agree with this

clutchfan
01-15-2012, 01:02 AM
33 pts 8 rebs 9 ast tonight

:worthy:

Afridi786
01-15-2012, 01:04 AM
Most underrated point guard in the league and the best defensive one too.

Federal Reserve
01-15-2012, 01:05 AM
I had no clue how good he was until I saw the work he put in for my fantasy team.

fredv
01-15-2012, 06:11 AM
Another monster game for Lowry. What I love about him is that he give's 100% both on the offensive and defensive end!

I might be a bit of a homer but i'm not afraid to say he's in the Top 5 best PG's in the league since last years all-star break. He's also benefiting from the departure of Adelman who played much more of a motion offense.
McHale's offense goes more through Lowry who can be a true floor-general.

He's averaging 18-9-7-2 for the season with a 25 PER... Boss!

Xsatyr
01-15-2012, 06:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxpReSIJA2I&feature=player_embedded#!

Swashcuff
01-15-2012, 08:20 AM
Guys like myself Hawkeye15 (chose him to be this season's MIP since around the mid point of last season), MBT have been speaking highly of Lowry for quite some time now. His play shouldn't be a huge surprise since he was doing just this to end last season avergaing 20, 5 and 8 in the month of March.

What's most impressive to me however is his playmaking thus far for the Rockets this season. We knew how great he was defensively, we knew he could score and though his 3pt shooting has continued to get better a player with his type of work ethic you'd tend to see a rise in those %s but he's really grown as a playmaker and has legitimately thrown his hat into the debate for the best two way PG in the NBA.

IndyRealist
01-15-2012, 11:37 AM
Holy ****. I take back everything I said about a bunch of PG's playing well this year. Lowry's a beast.

Hellcrooner
01-15-2012, 03:25 PM
Yes he is.
If he keeps it up he needs to be called for the Asg.

fredv
01-16-2012, 08:43 AM
Guys that Lowry gets more rebounds than:

David West, Gerald Wallace, Tim Duncan, Andrea Bargnani, Carmelo Anthony, Brendan Haywood, Serge Ibaka, Kendrick Perkins, DeJuan Blair, Dirk Nowitski and the list goes on and on and on..

Did I mention he was 6'0"?