PDA

View Full Version : Kobe In Agonizing Pain. Should Take Time Off

MetroMan
01-03-2012, 09:10 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2012/01/03/kobe-b.../#.TwOeqc3zUeM

Kobe Bryant isn't talking about his injury and how it affected his performance Sunday night against Denver -- he scored only 16 points -- however we found out he was in such agony, the team doctor gave him an injection in his wrist to numb the pain, but it hardly worked.

Kobe tore a ligament in his right wrist during the first pre-season game against the Clippers. Sources connected to the team tell TMZ ... the pain has been excruciating. Our sources say he's gotten a numbing shot before each game since the injury, and as a result the pain was tolerable during play. But we're told the shot did almost nothing Sunday night, and as one source put it, "It was a miracle that he even played."

Our Lakers sources tell us ... in addition to the numbing shots, Kobe's regimen is now to play with a cast, get physical therapy after each game and wear a flexible cast at all times off the court.

One source put it this way ... "If it was anyone else but Kobe, if they did play they'd come up goose eggs on the scoreboard. It's incredible he's playing at all."

He clearly needs to take time off. The warrior needs time to heal

Hawkeye15
01-03-2012, 09:16 PM
He either needs to rest, or stop thinking he is 28 again and shooting 25 times a game.

showtym24
01-03-2012, 09:21 PM
Kobe being kobe. He should rest it, but he wont.

ManRam
01-03-2012, 09:21 PM
The last two years, when Kobe has been banged up, I said that he should just take some games off. I don't think this is any different. I get his competitiveness, but this season will wear him down if he doesn't give his body any rest. Nagging injuries usually only get better with rest.

It is incredible that he's playing, but if he doesn't rest at all, it might prove to be incredibly stupid.

beliges
01-03-2012, 09:23 PM
The last two years, when Kobe has been banged up, I said that he should just take some games off. I don't think this is any different. I get his competitiveness, but this season will wear him down if he doesn't give his body any rest. Nagging injuries usually only get better with rest.

It is incredible that he's playing, but if he doesn't rest at all, it might prove to be incredibly stupid.

He was as healthy as he has been for the past 2-3 years starting this season. However, he banged up his arm in preseason. They said this was a type of injury that couldnt get any worse so he decided to play. If its not going to get any worse, theres no point for him to sit, especially in a shortened season and a very depleted roster this year.

raiderNlakerfan
01-03-2012, 09:27 PM
Mamba is the last of his kind.. True warrior.

rwynyc
01-03-2012, 09:29 PM
I am not like whoa what a warrior. More like is this guy really that insecure?

Seriously what is he trying to prove right now? Rest its a long season, and make a push at the end. I swear this guy gets dumber as the years goes by.

beliges
01-03-2012, 09:31 PM
I am not like whoa what a warrior. More like is this guy really that insecure?

Seriously what is he trying to prove right now? Rest its a long season, and make a push at the end. I swear this guy gets dumber as the years goes by.

Theres no point to rest an injury if by playing, it cannot possibly make the injury any worse. So long as he can help his team win, he should play. Hes a professional. This isnt high school or college. He gets paid lots of money to go out there and perform, and just because hes banged up, doesnt mean he should sit.

310Casper
01-03-2012, 09:35 PM
I'm all for ooing and ahh'ing at Kobe being a warrior when it comes to injuries. But this is just plain stupid. He'll probably cut his career short if he continues with this stuff.

ragee
01-03-2012, 09:35 PM
I hate Kobe but I have to give him props. He has been doing this for years now. Playing through an injury for the sake of his the team. Kobe may be a lot of things but he is no vagina like some of the primadonna's in the NBA today.

Netslunatic76
01-03-2012, 09:40 PM
He either needs to rest, or stop thinking he is 28 again and shooting 25 times a game.

He went 6 for 28 last game. That's more than he has shot in any other game this season. WTF. Why is he shooting so much if he is in so much pain? :pity:

Netslunatic76
01-03-2012, 09:41 PM
I hate Kobe but I have to give him props. He has been doing this for years now. Playing through an injury for the sake of his the team. Kobe may be a lot of things but he is no vagina like some of the primadonna's in the NBA today.

Shooting 30% or lower isn't helping the team

smith&wesson
01-03-2012, 09:42 PM
man im soo upset for kobe this season.. his chances keep dimming on him.

smith&wesson
01-03-2012, 09:44 PM
He went 6 for 28 last game. That's more than he has shot in any other game this season. WTF. Why is he shooting so much if he is in so much pain? :pity:

maybe he is trying to get use to shooting with the pain. the guy played with broken finger for season he plays through injuries.. he is not normal.

Burkey3472
01-03-2012, 09:45 PM
He is a warrior, I think everyone knows that.

What's the actual time table for this injury if he does take off (to get it to 100%). I'm no doctor and haven't heard of an actual timetable.

If it's 4-6 weeks, maybe he should rest it. The Lakers have enough talent to at least stay in the playoff race until he gets back and then he will finally be 100% healthy for the stretch run. It might be a little more difficult because it would hurt there seeding for the playoffs, but a truly 100% Kobe is deadly.

If the injury is more 2-3 months and he would miss most if not all the season, I can understand him not wanting to miss time.

Netslunatic76
01-03-2012, 09:57 PM
maybe he is trying to get use to shooting with the pain. the guy played with broken finger for season he plays through injuries.. he is not normal.

He's still human though. If he continues playing like this, shooting so poorly and taking so many shots, he's hurting the team more than he's helping.

smith&wesson
01-03-2012, 09:59 PM
He's still human though. If he continues playing like this, shooting so poorly and taking so many shots, he's hurting the team more than he's helping.

no doubt. but it was one game. kobe doesnt have many bad games. he will turn it around. he was trying to shoot out of a slump and it just never happened.

nickdymez
01-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Laker forum

nickdymez
01-03-2012, 10:03 PM
no doubt. but it was one game. kobe doesnt have many bad games. he will turn it around. he was trying to shoot out of a slump and it just never happened.

By the way, the game before he went 6-28 from the field, he almost had a triple double...

stawka
01-03-2012, 10:04 PM
Keep playing Kobe. Keep playing, the team needs you ;)

Knowledge
01-03-2012, 10:13 PM
It hurts soooo much, he took 28 shots :laugh:

Seriously though Im sure it does hurt and he probably does need time off, but him throwing the ball to Bynm/Gasol more often and letting them carry the regular season load would probably help a lot too. It would keep him out of precarious situations.

ldawg
01-03-2012, 10:34 PM
a preseason game this fool should have known better. did he not see deandrea is a high jumping fool. should have known that was not going to end well. He hurt his own chances of winning a sixth ring.

Hellcrooner
01-03-2012, 10:39 PM
His attitude with injurys has lsot lakers many games.

Probably will cost teh chance to a title for the rest of his career.

And from his own egoistical view he shoudl realize that making this he is also shortening his competitive shape and diruability, effectively shortening his career an thus his shot at the b.S scoring record he values so much, like tyirng to be 1st scorer all time.

Every time somean tells he is a "warrior" i laugh and :facepalm: , he is not a warrior he is a dumb ***.

nickdymez
01-03-2012, 10:47 PM

And from his own egoistical view he shoudl realize that making this he is also shortening his competitive shape and diruability, effectively shortening his career an thus his shot at the b.S scoring record he values so much, like tyirng to be 1st scorer all time.

Every time somean tells he is a "warrior" i laugh and :facepalm: , he is not a warrior he is a dumb ***.

Yea but he was even more hurt those two back to back years. I mean its only game 6 or whatever. He's had a couple good games in too...

--23--
01-03-2012, 10:48 PM
He should take time off cuz the Lakers will need him more in the playoffs. If he don't Mike Brown need to limit his playing time, and he needs to limit the amount of shots he takes.

SkipBaylessFan
01-03-2012, 10:56 PM
Kobe doesn't take time off. He'll tell you that the off season is for rest. He's a warrior.

Lost Art
01-04-2012, 12:48 AM
I'd love to see Kobe take some time off........cause it's agonizingly painful to watch him play right now

nickdymez
01-04-2012, 04:05 AM
I'd love to see Kobe take some time off........cause it's agonizingly painful to watch him play right now

Did you watch him play tonight? It wasn't painful to me... It was cool to watch him put up 37, 8, and 6. I still think he shot to much though.

shep33
01-04-2012, 04:11 AM
I remember Jalen Rose saying that he had this exact same injury, and he sat out the first 10 games of the regular season after injuring it in the preseason.

Legler said he had a severely sprained wrist, and it bothered him the whole year.

Pretty amazing that Kobe is playing, even producing at a pretty high level... he needs to pass more though, let Bynum and Pau do more and take pressure off that wrist... so stubborn sometimes.

Law25
01-04-2012, 04:35 AM
He should limit his fga's unless the team is in a complete slump until he gets right. Let Bynum get his feel of the game. Than when he's healthy get that ring he's chasing.

whitemamba33
01-04-2012, 12:34 PM

He's probably just a little frustrated that there is a 7 foot fairy playing the power forward position who refuses to show any kind of aggression...at all.

EnWhyKay
01-04-2012, 01:04 PM
Only surgery can fix whats bothering him.. He should get the surgery and try to get back in time for the playoffs..

jbeezy
01-04-2012, 02:23 PM
Kobe is a cold blooded predator. He is most dangerous when he is injured.

nickdymez
01-04-2012, 03:13 PM
He's probably just a little frustrated that there is a 7 foot fairy playing the power forward position who refuses to show any kind of aggression...at all.

lol.. This

tbone2171
01-04-2012, 03:28 PM
Lakers forum?