PDA

View Full Version : Lebron's jumpshot

Greet
01-03-2012, 10:33 AM
Anyone else watching him realize his improved mid-range jumper? He totally took the 3-pt shot out of his article, which I think is smart. Let the 3-point shooters, shoot 3s. He can kick it out to them easily. I think if what we've seen so far out of Lebron (his improved mid range game) is real, that team is going to be impossible to stop. The reason Dallas beat the Heat last year was because the zone defense they had in place forced Lebron to settle for jumpers, if he can hit those jumpers...there's a problem.

Chronz
01-03-2012, 10:42 AM
Your a year late, Bron has always had an underrated jumper but last year it was ridiculous how few people recognized his efficiency from mid-range. You cant look at the Finals as your proof of what a player is capable of, your basically ignoring 98% of a players sample size. If I went SOLELY by Finals performance, then I would think Ray Allen is a pretty bad 3pt shooter when he couldnt hit **** for games on end. Or that Kobe isnt a great player because he couldnt crack 40% multiple times.

The only difference I see in Brons jumper is that he has fresh legs and like you said has abandoned the 3pt game. I dont think thats a good idea because its such an effective and dangerous shot but I definitely think he should minimize it. Just like Dirk has done over the years. Its too inconsistent for a star player to rely on to a large extent. What Bron needs to work on is an in-between game, not inside, not out on the perimeter, but in the middle areas where post players and masters of the floater score.

mark1125
01-03-2012, 10:46 AM
Insert Bron hate ___________________

Insert Bron Jock riding ______________

Have a nice day.

justinnum1
01-03-2012, 10:51 AM
best player in the league getting better, next

Hawkeye15
01-03-2012, 10:51 AM
he was a very good midrange shooter last year. Better than Kobe, Joe Johnson, and a long list of so called shooters

RLundi
01-03-2012, 10:53 AM
He's inserted a new jumper into his game that wasn't there last season -- he puts the ball over his head as if he's looking to pass and he holds it in that position while shooting a jumper. It's very effective, it throws the defender of guard and he gets a completely open look every single time. He must have specifically worked on that because he's been making the shot with regularity.

hugepatsfan
01-03-2012, 10:53 AM
Lebron is an incredible player. He does a lot of things well, and the mid range shot is just one of many things. Still hate him though...

justinnum1
01-03-2012, 11:01 AM
He's inserted a new jumper into his game that wasn't there last season -- he puts the ball over his head as if he's looking to pass and he holds it in that position while shooting a jumper. It's very effective, it throws the defender of guard and he gets a completely open look every single time. He must have specifically worked on that because he's been making the shot with regularity.

yea, that one where he just rises str8 up and shoots over without dribbling the ball... defenders are giving him space

Law25
01-03-2012, 11:03 AM
He was great last year to, but when the pressure is at its highest and its for all the marbels will these shots keep falling? I no longer question his game. I question his heart, maturity, and will power. Thats all thats holding him back

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-03-2012, 11:03 AM
he was a very good midrange shooter last year. Better than Kobe, Joe Johnson, and a long list of so called shooters

from 16-23 ft yes, but not from 10-15 ft

RLundi
01-03-2012, 11:22 AM
yea, that one where he just rises str8 up and shoots over without dribbling the ball... defenders are giving him space

The funny thing is it's kind of like a triple threat position where the player can either shoot, pass, or dribble, but to the opponent, it looks like a single threat -- passing only. They expect him to bring the ball back down if he's gonna take a jump shot but he's been completely fooling them by shooting in a passing-position. He did it a couple times versus the Magic in the preseason and I was like 'what the hell? I've never seen him do that before, that's gotta be new.'

For the time being, it's brilliant, as it gets him open every single time and he makes it most of the time as I've seen. But it's probably only a matter of time before defenders catch up to it and close out.

Dolfan305
01-03-2012, 11:27 AM

overall from 10-23 ft. Kobe is shooting 36% this season, Lebron is shooting 44%. last season Kobe shot 42% while Lebron shot 46%.

daleja424
01-03-2012, 11:47 AM

overall from 10-23 ft. Kobe is shooting 36% this season, Lebron is shooting 44%. last season Kobe shot 42% while Lebron shot 46%.

not to mention that Lebron shoots less than 10% of his shots from the 10-15 foot range. He simply prefers to shoot the long two. He very rarely shoots the ball from 10-15 feet.

Overall, from midrange...Lebron has been one of the best for a while.

Heatcheck
01-03-2012, 11:49 AM
have you guys notices all the airballs though? I think ive seen this team shoot more airballs this year than all of last year.

daleja424
01-03-2012, 11:50 AM
have you guys notices all the airballs though? I think ive seen this team shoot more airballs this year than all of last year.

mostly on turnarounds from the high post though. When he sets and squares his shots are very accurate.

mustaine
01-03-2012, 11:56 AM
I've never been a fan but he's a great player and one of the best jump shooters in the league for sure. When LeBron goes left and shoots a jumper he's terrific, however I've noticed that when he's forced right he has some problems. In my opinion, the defensive plan against LeBron should always be to force him right. He'll score but he won't be anywhere near as efficient.

Also, comparing shooting percentage with Kobe isn't really fair, LeBron scores a lot more inside and from fast breaks while Kobe takes more jumpers.

Chronz
01-03-2012, 11:57 AM
not to mention that Lebron shoots less than 10% of his shots from the 10-15 foot range. He simply prefers to shoot the long two. He very rarely shoots the ball from 10-15 feet.

Overall, from midrange...Lebron has been one of the best for a while.
Thats why I say he needs an in between game, that area of the floor is the only zone hes not at least adequate. Hes a tremendous finisher obviously, hes a great midrange-long 2's kind of guy, a decent 3pt shooter. Just that one area on the floor he needs to work on. Thats where a B2B post game will come in handy.

Chronz
01-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Also, comparing shooting percentage with Kobe isn't really fair, LeBron scores a lot more inside and from fast breaks while Kobe takes more jumpers.
Thats not a valid reason since they are looking specifically at jumpers

ChiSox219
01-03-2012, 12:09 PM
IMO, Lebron's greatest improvement this season is he's become less of a ball-stopper. He's quicker to attack or pass than I've seen from him in the past.

mustaine
01-03-2012, 12:13 PM
Thats not a valid reason since they are looking specifically at jumpers

Ok, sorry for that... just read better than Kobe replied, I don't see why these threads always turn into who's better than who. I admit that I'm more of a Kobe fan than a LeBron fan for the record. I think Kobe is a better pure shooter than LeBron, however, LeBron is probably more efficient. Kobe tends to force stuff more than LeBron.

ClippersE.G
01-03-2012, 03:50 PM
hahahah No.