PDA

View Full Version : Future of the franchise

Monta is beast
01-03-2012, 07:17 AM
I'm not giving up on this season just yet, but I think the consensus around the forum is that we won't don't have enough to get into the playoffs this season & the Western Conference is too deep. So I wanted to have a thread were we could talk about the future of the franchise, what direction it's headed in & what should be done in the next few years to make the Warriors a top team in the Western Conference.

Monta is beast
01-03-2012, 07:34 AM
Looking ahead to 2015 when Ellis & Biedrins are both unrestricted free agents, the future could be very bright. We would have 20 million coming of the salary, with four of the five starting spots in the lineup already filled. We can find a really nice small forward in the draft by then, and have enough money to keep the starting five intact.

PG: Stephen Curry (26)
SG: Klay Thompson (24)
SF:
PF: Epke Udoh (27)
C: Jeremy Tyler (23)

Curry & Thompson could be one of the best back-courts in the league some day, while Udoh & Tyler can both create their own shot in the post & are very athletic.

asandhu23
01-03-2012, 07:55 AM
I say we can make the playoffs. Manu Ginobili broke his hand. Spurs might not make playoffs. Zach Randolph has that injury. Grizzlies will have trouble.

We can do better. Curry and Lee need to get in line with Monta. Jackson needs to stop messing around with the offense.

asandhu23
01-03-2012, 07:56 AM
Also, realistically Jeremy Tyler and Ekpe Udoh won't be dominant. Klay hasn't proven ****. He is shooting 28 percentish.

Monta is beast
01-03-2012, 05:31 PM
We seen Thompson play better yesterday & Udoh and Tyler both have a ton of potential.

lol, please
01-03-2012, 05:56 PM
I say we can make the playoffs. Manu Ginobili broke his hand. Spurs might not make playoffs. Zach Randolph has that injury. Grizzlies will have trouble.

We can do better. Curry and Lee need to get in line with Monta. Jackson needs to stop messing around with the offense.

Thank you. Glad to see unlike Monta is beast, some of us still have some faith around here and believe in our team. :clap:

BKLYNpigeon
01-03-2012, 06:23 PM

Spurs without Ginobli and Griz with out Zbo are still better and bigger then the Warriors.

BKLYNpigeon
01-03-2012, 06:26 PM
We seen Thompson play better yesterday & Udoh and Tyler both have a ton of potential.

To be completely Honest, EVERY Rookie we have drafted has had a ton potential, it just really never amounted to anything. you cant bank on potential because you will be waiting year after year.

Leandres_sf
01-03-2012, 07:36 PM
With the draft being the Warriors only option for acquiring star-players (at least for the time being) making the Playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed would be counter productive.

I agree with MIBs, Curry & Thompson would be a nice back court to build around, but the Warriors still need a premier big, I think a high lottery pick is the only way to get that done. I'm not as high on Udoh, but do think that Tyler has a lot of potential.

BKLYNpigeon
01-03-2012, 07:53 PM
We ALL said the same thing about Anthony Randolph. you know what happens to Young players with potential and attitudes right?

Monta is beast
01-03-2012, 08:51 PM
We ALL said the same thing about Anthony Randolph. you know what happens to Young players with potential and attitudes right?

But Tyler is being groomed as a player. Randolph was thrown into the fire right away.

robbnen#31
01-03-2012, 09:41 PM
We also don't have Don Nelson to **** with his head...

Monta is beast
01-03-2012, 09:43 PM

And this. And Tyler has allot more strength then Randolph..

Leandres_sf
01-03-2012, 09:47 PM

This. 1,000,000 times, this.

Kdirt
01-03-2012, 10:10 PM
We played 5 games, beat the Bulls and Knicks, 2 great teams, and have been without our "big 3" for 3 games now. Why on earth is everyone is panic mode. Let the season play out. We clearly lack an offensive player that can create his own shot other than Monta. Nate is a great pick up for instant offense if we do get him.

The future is this, we keep our big 3 in tact unless we find a trade that knocks our socks off. Monta is playing unbelievably well. Curry's ankle is tender so naturally hes not gonna play at 100%, let him live a little. Lee is overpaid, but its hard to find a big man that mimics what he can do on the court, so I dont mind his salary at this current production.

We shed cap as best as possible, maybe try to trade Beans for an expiring. We have a lot of money coming off the books, if we can squeeze out a few more million than we throw a close to max offer to Javale McGee. I dont care if he is worth it, hes a big with size and TONS of upside.

Forget the draft, we wont have a pick this year and to be honest that is fine with me. Let this stupid Marcus Williams thing be done with already and give us back our leverage with first round picks to dangle in trades.

MackShock
01-04-2012, 08:56 AM
Get mcgee.

I still think we can make playoffs..if we can do that players will come to the dubs. Trust..every player wants to go to a playoff team. We can knocking on the door of the playoffs with the team as is. Maybe one acquisition should do it. But we have good size in kwame up front..what do we need besides bench scoring? We have nate now.

WestCoastSportz
01-04-2012, 01:41 PM
The last few seasons, including this one, is reminiscent of the dark years of the franchise until they made they finally made the playoffs in 2007. I'm just not excited about this bunch of players and that includes nearly everyone as well as the coach and GM. I'm talking about the Jamison, Dunleavy and Troy Murphy days where management could barely do anything right in terms of signings and drafts.

This is what this era of Warriors hoops is reminding me of. They continue to trot out the same roster that have lost in seasons past and just replacing the coach. Think Winters, Musselman, Montgomery and Nellie to an extent. Now, they expect a guy who doesn't have ANY coaching experience at any level to come in and win? Have you ever heard Mark Jackson during his time as a commentator? He's not the brightest basketball mind. They either need a great coach or great players and right now, they don't have either.

If this is the future of the team, then I would say its bleak.

curtcocaine
01-04-2012, 03:33 PM
Magic fans want Ellis for D12 interesting....

steveweve
01-04-2012, 04:24 PM
^^ I'd give up monta thompson udoh and a pick for D12. Him and Curry playing together = playoffs

robbnen#31
01-04-2012, 05:17 PM
^^ I'd give up monta thompson udoh and a pick for D12. Him and Curry playing together = playoffs

The only picks we can give up are 2nd rounders

mavwar53
01-04-2012, 05:45 PM
We played 5 games, beat the Bulls and Knicks, 2 great teams, and have been without our "big 3" for 3 games now. Why on earth is everyone is panic mode. Let the season play out. We clearly lack an offensive player that can create his own shot other than Monta. Nate is a great pick up for instant offense if we do get him.

The future is this, we keep our big 3 in tact unless we find a trade that knocks our socks off. Monta is playing unbelievably well. Curry's ankle is tender so naturally hes not gonna play at 100%, let him live a little. Lee is overpaid, but its hard to find a big man that mimics what he can do on the court, so I dont mind his salary at this current production.

We shed cap as best as possible, maybe try to trade Beans for an expiring. We have a lot of money coming off the books, if we can squeeze out a few more million than we throw a close to max offer to Javale McGee. I dont care if he is worth it, hes a big with size and TONS of upside.

Forget the draft, we wont have a pick this year and to be honest that is fine with me. Let this stupid Marcus Williams thing be done with already and give us back our leverage with first round picks to dangle in trades.

Exactly.

Lloyd Christmas
01-04-2012, 06:10 PM
The last few seasons, including this one, is reminiscent of the dark years of the franchise until they made they finally made the playoffs in 2007. I'm just not excited about this bunch of players and that includes nearly everyone as well as the coach and GM. I'm talking about the Jamison, Dunleavy and Troy Murphy days where management could barely do anything right in terms of signings and drafts.

This is what this era of Warriors hoops is reminding me of. They continue to trot out the same roster that have lost in seasons past and just replacing the coach. Think Winters, Musselman, Montgomery and Nellie to an extent. Now, they expect a guy who doesn't have ANY coaching experience at any level to come in and win? Have you ever heard Mark Jackson during his time as a commentator? He's not the brightest basketball mind. They either need a great coach or great players and right now, they don't have either.

If this is the future of the team, then I would say its bleak.

Once again, it is hard to argue anything you said. Well put WestCoast.

WestCoastSportz
01-04-2012, 08:37 PM
Magic fans want Ellis for D12 interesting....

D12 is an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season, if he does opt out. Getting a guy like D12 would be great leverage. The only snag, is that a team like the Nets will be, approximately, $20M under the cap so there is a chance that the team that has Dwight could lose him for nothing and that includes the Magic. The fans know this and want something in return.

I don't think the Magic will trade Dwight but if guys like Carmelo, Chris Paul and Deron William can get traded then its not impossible to see Dwight being moved for draft picks, young stars or both.

Bayareaboy
01-04-2012, 08:39 PM

Hahaha he means the magic want Ellis so D12 will stay cuz D12 wants to Play with Ellis y would u trade Ellis to the magic for D12 so he can leave back to the magic to play with Ellis.

MackShock
01-04-2012, 09:59 PM
everybody here rips or tears management for trading away our talents. now that we are actually hanging on to our talent, everybody is complaining and saying that we need to trade them away..sickening.