PDA

View Full Version : 2011-2012 Rookie watch

Chill_Will_24
01-03-2012, 01:29 AM
Just thought people should have a thread to discuss and compare their rookies.

This year in particular it doesnt seem like we will have any clear runaway ROY with many rooks looking strong.

Im personally very impressed with Ricky Rubio so far. Loving how he controls the game and runs his team. Very exciting player.

Im also loving Kemba. Reminds me of Monta Ellis

Fly
01-03-2012, 01:30 AM
Kemba is sick.

MonroeFAN
01-03-2012, 01:33 AM
Knight has been impressive for our team. Not really filling the stat sheet, and doesn't have the opportunities other rookies have in terms of PT, but he's gonna be a great player in this league.

He's had probably the best game of any rookie yet.

Kyrie will more than likely win this, but Rubio hasn't disappointed.

Chill_Will_24
01-03-2012, 01:52 AM
Knight has been impressive for our team. Not really filling the stat sheet, and doesn't have the opportunities other rookies have in terms of PT, but he's gonna be a great player in this league.

He's had probably the best game of any rookie yet.

Kyrie will more than likely win this, but Rubio hasn't disappointed.

Knight is probably my pick for ROY just because he will have every opportunity to suceeed. Its between he and Kemba. Knight has definitely impressed me so far.

I also want Shumpert to come back soon cuz i wanna see what he can do. I know Knicks fans hype ALL their rookies but he has the tools to be a good player so i hope he recovers and hits the ground running

Sactown
01-03-2012, 01:55 AM
Nobody hast yet to make me stand up and say wow..

Chill_Will_24
01-03-2012, 01:59 AM
Nobody hast yet to make me stand up and say wow..

Prolly why the ROY wont be a lock this year imo but its still early

Bulls_fan90
01-03-2012, 02:13 AM
I like Rubio and Williams from the Wolves. Don't rate Knight at all.

itsripcity32
01-03-2012, 02:20 AM
I like Rubio and Williams from the Wolves. Don't rate Knight at all.

So you came to this conclusion after seeing one alley oop from Rubio to Williams. Gotcha

Avenged
01-03-2012, 02:28 AM
Irving, Rubio, and Brooks have been good.

Bulls_fan90
01-03-2012, 02:30 AM
So you came to this conclusion after seeing one alley oop from Rubio to Williams. Gotcha

You mad I don't rate Knight? He's a chucker.

My top 5 would be:

Rubio
Irving
Williams
Kemba
Brooks

Looks like some solid NBA players but not much star power like past drafts.

Gators123
01-03-2012, 02:37 AM

My top 5 would be:

Rubio
Irving
Williams
Kemba
Brooks

LOL No, you haven't watched him play. He will take some bad shots once in awhile but all rookies do.

Hes shooting 48% this season.

And actually he had a 23 point game on 10-13 shooting a few days ago.

Hustlenomics
01-03-2012, 02:39 AM
i like knight and walker

Bulls_fan90
01-03-2012, 02:44 AM
LOL No, you haven't watched him play. He will take some bad shots once in awhile but all rookies do.

Hes shooting 48% this season.

And actually he had a 23 point game on 10-13 shooting a few days ago.

I actually was a Knight fan. I have followed him since his days in high school. He was the number 1 ranked recruit for most of 2009 & 2010. I also followed him very closely at Kentucky, where he struggled for a large part of the year. He had an amazing NCAA tournament.

I'm not saying he's a bad player, I just don't rate him that highly any more. Don't like his shot selection. Hope he proves me wrong. He did have an amazing game against the Cavs.

He should also bring back the cornrows.

asandhu23
01-03-2012, 03:02 AM
Klay Thompson :pity:

Phenomenonsense
01-03-2012, 03:19 AM
Doubt Knight gets it, but I was unhappy with him when we picked him based off of his play that I've seen. Knight, however, has been passing far above my expectations and running the offense very well. He won't as many assists as he should with Daye playing like ****, CV not playing, Prince doing 10 iso plays, Stuckey doing the same (and he is the SG on the court with Knight most of the time,) and him not getting starter minutes. He's playing well to me though. Pistons don't need that recognition. Pistons are snubbed all the time, nothing new.

sunsfan88
01-03-2012, 03:25 AM
What about that kid from Kansas playing in Phoenix?

Sure is doing better than Derrick Williams.

bears88
01-03-2012, 03:31 AM
i have been impressed by jimmer freddett that dude can shoot.

Metsboi69
01-03-2012, 03:46 AM
Marshon Brooks has certainly impressed me, the guy has a natural ability to score the basketball. Maybe he won't be incredibly consistent this year but once he begins starting (which should be quite soon on the Nets) he should be a 15-20 pt scorer.

MonroeFAN
01-03-2012, 12:36 PM
I actually was a Knight fan. I have followed him since his days in high school. He was the number 1 ranked recruit for most of 2009 & 2010. I also followed him very closely at Kentucky, where he struggled for a large part of the year. He had an amazing NCAA tournament.

I'm not saying he's a bad player, I just don't rate him that highly any more. Don't like his shot selection. Hope he proves me wrong. He did have an amazing game against the Cavs.

He should also bring back the cornrows.

His shot selection hasn't been bad. He looks to pass before he shoots more often than not. But the kid is making great plays. He's a good defender, and over all has shown a very high IQ out on the court.

He's not going to get the opportunities to post huge numbers that often, but I couldn't be happier with the selection.

daleja424
01-03-2012, 12:47 PM
Im surprised that we have gotten 20 posts and still not a single mention of Norris Cole.

6th in assists
3rd in points
1st in steals

over 50% shooting from a guard

clutch play in multiple games

and all of that in somewhat limited minutes on a contender.

That kid should be top 3-5 on everyones list at this point.

MonroeFAN
01-03-2012, 12:51 PM
He's not really carrying a team though, which makes it easy to overlook him.
But you're right, he should be on top 3-5 lists.

lavilevi23
01-03-2012, 12:56 PM
im surprised that we have gotten 20 posts and still not a single mention of norris cole.

6th in assists
3rd in points
1st in steals

this. :)

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-03-2012, 12:57 PM
marshon brooks

putting up good numbers efficiently in a very bad team, looks promising

daleja424
01-03-2012, 12:57 PM
He's not really carrying a team though, which makes it easy to overlook him.
But you're right, he should be on top 3-5 lists.

I would argue that outside of Rubio, Cole has probably carried his team more than any other rookie. Cole has already single handedly won a game for the HEAT...how many other rookies can claim that?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-03-2012, 12:59 PM
Im surprised that we have gotten 20 posts and still not a single mention of Norris Cole.

6th in assists
3rd in points
1st in steals

easy when u have guys like wade, james and bosh who demand double teams.

impressive nonetheless

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-03-2012, 12:59 PM
I would argue that outside of Rubio, Cole has probably carried his team more than any other rookie. Cole has already single handedly won a game for the HEAT...how many other rookies can claim that?

kemba;)

lavilevi23
01-03-2012, 01:03 PM
Cole was amazing vs Celtics! without question the steal of the draft so far.

MonroeFAN
01-03-2012, 01:07 PM
I don't understand how you can say that though. Sure, he closed out the game for them, but who's to say it would have been close without Lebron & wade posting 20+ and bosh going for nearly 20 & 10. (I'm assuming it was the Boston game?).

You could say that his 1 assist 1 TO effort yesterday cost you the game.

Not hating, the guy was a steal, and should be a great player for you... but he's at a disadvantage playing with 2 top 5 players in terms of ROY talk.

ChiSox219
01-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Markieff Morris and Rubio

daleja424
01-03-2012, 01:14 PM
I don't understand how you can say that though. Sure, he closed out the game for them, but who's to say it would have been close without Lebron & wade posting 20+ and bosh going for nearly 20 & 10. (I'm assuming it was the Boston game?).

You could say that his 1 assist 1 TO effort yesterday cost you the game.

Not hating, the guy was a steal, and should be a great player for you... but he's at a disadvantage playing with 2 top 5 players in terms of ROY talk.

I can say it b/c anyone who watched that game knows it is true. HEAT gave up a 20 point lead in that game and would have lost if not for Cole's 12 fourth quarter points.

No way in hell you can blaim that loss on Cole yesterday. That one belongs to Wade and Spo.

avon_barksdale
01-03-2012, 01:15 PM
celtics got som white dude that killed my squad last night

daleja424
01-03-2012, 01:21 PM
kemba;)

not sure how you mean... his team is 1-3...and in the only win kemba wasnt exactly very good...

I wouldnt exactly hang my hat on a 3-10 shooting performance in a 1 point win for my team.

Slimsim
01-03-2012, 01:35 PM
Rubio will get ROY since he's the most talk about rookie

Dade County
01-03-2012, 01:41 PM
The Cole train ... aka Cole blooded

daleja424
01-03-2012, 01:45 PM
My list right now probably looks like this:
1. Rubio
2. Cole
3. Kyrie
4. Brooks
5. Knight

Chill_Will_24
01-03-2012, 02:06 PM

This.. its become a popularity contest. Unless some guy just runs away with it Rubio will get it based on hype

lavilevi23
01-03-2012, 02:12 PM
Rubio is the next Kidd/Nash.

ChiSox219
01-03-2012, 02:17 PM
This.. its become a popularity contest. Unless some guy just runs away with it Rubio will get it based on hype

Have you guys been watching him? Why would you say this if you have?

Slimsim
01-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Have you guys been watching him? Why would you say this if you have?

He has been impressive, but when you watch ESPN anything basketball related it's either Miami Heats or Ricky Rubio that is talked about. Which will get more fans paying attention to his game. Same For Norris Cole He will have a ton of eyes on him epically since his teams have the most National televise game

Chill_Will_24
01-03-2012, 02:49 PM
He has been impressive, but when you watch ESPN anything basketball related it's either Miami Heats or Ricky Rubio that is talked about. Which will get more fans paying attention to his game. Same For Norris Cole He will have a ton of eyes on him epically since his teams have the most National televise game

This. I think Rubio is doing great. I just think that he will get a boost from the hype and it will help him get ROY

MonroeFAN
01-03-2012, 03:05 PM
I can say it b/c anyone who watched that game knows it is true. HEAT gave up a 20 point lead in that game and would have lost if not for Cole's 12 fourth quarter points.

No way in hell you can blaim that loss on Cole yesterday. That one belongs to Wade and Spo.

I would suggest you re-read my post.

Lebron, Wade & Bosh combined for 68 of your 115 points. There's little chance that you would have had any chance to win that game without them.

Again, Cole is a good young player, and should have a great year. But what you said does not change the fact that he's playing alongside 2 top 5 players, and 3 top 20 players.

You don't blame anyone player for a loss, it was a team effort, but it was just to further prove my point.

I'm glad you're excited for your rookie, I am too.

ChiSox219
01-03-2012, 03:06 PM
That's your mistake, watching ESPN for anything besides live sporting events.

daleja424
01-03-2012, 04:05 PM
I would suggest you re-read my post.

Lebron, Wade & Bosh combined for 68 of your 115 points. There's little chance that you would have had any chance to win that game without them.

Again, Cole is a good young player, and should have a great year. But what you said does not change the fact that he's playing alongside 2 top 5 players, and 3 top 20 players.

You don't blame anyone player for a loss, it was a team effort, but it was just to further prove my point.

I'm glad you're excited for your rookie, I am too.

I read your post just fine the first time... but when you have a guy in his second career game account for more than half of the offense in the fourth quarter for a team with three all-stars...that is special.

You can say all you want about him having all-star teammates but all that does is make that game even more special. You have to have serious skills and balls to go for 12 points in a decisive fourth quarter with three other all-stars on your team.

Mane
01-03-2012, 04:10 PM

My top 5 would be:

Rubio
Irving
Williams
Kemba
Brooks

Knight's a chucker but Kemba isn't?

Mane
01-03-2012, 04:12 PM
Rubio
Cole
Brooks
Knight
Irving

is my top 5. still so much to be seen so this doesn't really matter at all.

MonroeFAN
01-03-2012, 04:18 PM
I read your post just fine the first time... but when you have a guy in his second career game account for more than half of the offense in the fourth quarter for a team with three all-stars...that is special.

You can say all you want about him having all-star teammates but all that does is make that game even more special. You have to have serious skills and balls to go for 12 points in a decisive fourth quarter with three other all-stars on your team.

Fair enough. I'm not using the all star excuse as a way to put him down, it's just a shame that in this particular argument he might be over-looked because of it.

Cheers.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-03-2012, 04:19 PM
Kemba's nice. Marshon Brooks has come on strong these last couple games. I like what I seen from Iman on Christmas. Rubio has been solid.

Not surprised that Derrick Williams, and Jimmer haven't done anything.

I would like Honeycutt to get more time.