PDA

View Full Version : Manu Breaks hand: Out Indefinitely

shep33
01-02-2012, 11:10 PM
MINNEAPOLIS -- San Antonio Spurs guard Manu Ginobili has broken his left hand against Minnesota and is out indefinitely.

The Spurs say Ginobili will be examined by team doctors Tuesday in San Antonio. There is no timetable for his return.

A two-time All-Star, Ginobili was injured when he fouled Anthony Tolliver as he rose to shoot the ball late in the second quarter Monday night. Ginobili immediately grabbed his shooting hand and crouched in pain near the scorer's table as the team trainer came to his side.

Ginobili was taken for X-rays, which revealed a broken fifth metacarpal, below his pinkie. As he walked back to the locker room, Tim Duncan gave him a pat on the head.

Ginobili had eight points on 3-for-6 shooting in 12 minutes.

dnewguy
01-02-2012, 11:13 PM
So goes the Spurs season. By the time he's back, they would have played 20 games.

Hellcrooner
01-02-2012, 11:15 PM
scary .... sam ellito injury blah blah, vetarn aging robinson blah blah.

do spurs have their PICK this year?

Drummond and TD.

history repeating itself....

bholly
01-02-2012, 11:21 PM
So goes the Spurs season. By the time he's back, they would have played 20 games.

After last year I don't think they care too much about the regular season anyway, to be honest.

LakersMaster24
01-02-2012, 11:27 PM
scary .... sam ellito injury blah blah, vetarn aging robinson blah blah.

do spurs have their PICK this year?

Drummond and TD.

history repeating itself....

This. It really looks like the Spurs are going to get a good lottery pick if Manu comes back late or doesnt come back.

kdspurman
01-02-2012, 11:33 PM
They'll still win some games, but they're going to struggle. If they make it in as a 6-8 seed with a healthy rested Manu I'll take it. And they'll do some damage. He can't be replaced, but other guys will need to step up.

braveniler58
01-02-2012, 11:44 PM
Yikes, San Antonio.

Joshtd1
01-02-2012, 11:54 PM
Could be a blessing in disguise, because it will keep his legs fresh. Now if Duncan or Parker go out with an injury for some time..then we know they are tanking.

I just hope he comes back soon and doesn't miss a whole lot of time because honestly I think the west is wide open this season and any team can come out.

king4day
01-02-2012, 11:56 PM
They still have too much talent to be low pick. If Duncan were hurt? Then yea, they might get a high pick. But Manu, as good as he is, isn't the sole reason they are as good as they are. The West is too top heavy for the Spurs to miss the playoffs.

Iodine
01-02-2012, 11:58 PM
Could be a blessing in disguise, because it will keep his legs fresh. Now if Duncan or Parker go out with an injury for some time..then we know they are tanking.

I just hope he comes back soon and doesn't miss a whole lot of time because honestly I think the west is wide open this season and any team can come out.

JoshyPosh dropping that knowledge and sexual innuendo

SouthSideRookie
01-03-2012, 12:01 AM
'Karma is a B' - Aaron Brooks.

SportsAndrew25
01-03-2012, 12:21 AM
Big loss by the Spurs. They better hope this will not hurt them.

shep33
01-03-2012, 12:26 AM
This is still a playoff team IMO. But Timmy's workload is going to increase, other guys on the perimeter have to step up too.

Hawkeye15
01-03-2012, 12:28 AM
WTF ever Josh.

I have no idea how THAT broke his hand, but it happened.

Manu will be back in 4 weeks, but the Spurs are built to endure.

Htownballa1622
01-03-2012, 01:57 AM

Took the words outta my mouth.

Hellcrooner
01-03-2012, 02:01 AM
The great wise old bunny says: Its sad that manu cant catch a break lately
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Giraffes Rule
01-03-2012, 02:45 AM

Took the words outta my mouth.

The **** does this even mean?

Htownballa1622
01-03-2012, 03:25 AM
The **** does this even mean?

5th game last year I think.Rockets vs spurs... a.b was shooting a half court shot going into halftime. Manu(being the flop artist he is) steps right in front of Brooks and flops. No call, and Aaron rolled his ankle bad. He hadn't been the same since and Kyle played great which led to disgruntled Brooks being traded.

Bottom line is. karma. What goes around comes around.

astrosmaniac
01-03-2012, 04:54 AM
this hurt my fantasy team quite a bit :sigh:

Joshtd1
01-03-2012, 04:56 AM
WTF ever Josh.

I have no idea how THAT broke his hand, but it happened.

Manu will be back in 4 weeks, but the Spurs are built to endure.

I don't know. That type of injury usually takes 4-6 weeks to heal so we'll see. I'm not sure if we are built to endure. Manu was clearly our best player this year through the first couple games. Duncan really hasn't done much except knock down jumpers because he has struggled mightily in the post. Parker has been average. RJ is inconsistent, and Splitter/Blair/Bonner are inconsistent also. If Manu isn't scoring the 20 + PPG for us I think we are in trouble unless our young guys step the hell up.

Joshtd1
01-03-2012, 04:59 AM
5th game last year I think.Rockets vs spurs... a.b was shooting a half court shot going into halftime. Manu(being the flop artist he is) steps right in front of Brooks and flops. No call, and Aaron rolled his ankle bad. He hadn't been the same since and Kyle played great which led to disgruntled Brooks being traded.

:rolleyes: You act like Manu was trying to hurt him on purpose and deserves to get hurt. Get real

Hawkeye15
01-03-2012, 10:04 AM
I don't know. That type of injury usually takes 4-6 weeks to heal so we'll see. I'm not sure if we are built to endure. Manu was clearly our best player this year through the first couple games. Duncan really hasn't done much except knock down jumpers because he has struggled mightily in the post. Parker has been average. RJ is inconsistent, and Splitter/Blair/Bonner are inconsistent also. If Manu isn't scoring the 20 + PPG for us I think we are in trouble unless our young guys step the hell up.

The Spurs benefit from an easy schedule early, so as long as they can get some early wins, and Manu heals quick (usually the case), they should be ok if Jefferson can step up a bit.

What is up with Neal? Why hasn't he played?

In this shortened season, where Pops is going to want to give Duncan as much rest as possible, this injury does hurt, I was messing with ya.

Greet
01-03-2012, 10:24 AM
Manu is one of the most underrated SGs of all time imo. It's always been Kobe this Wade that...Manu has been just as good and is super clutch.

OlivaThor
01-03-2012, 10:27 AM
Thats bad, but more playing time for Kawhi Leonard

kdspurman
01-03-2012, 10:47 AM
The Spurs benefit from an easy schedule early, so as long as they can get some early wins, and Manu heals quick (usually the case), they should be ok if Jefferson can step up a bit.

What is up with Neal? Why hasn't he played?

In this shortened season, where Pops is going to want to give Duncan as much rest as possible, this injury does hurt, I was messing with ya.

Neal had an appendectomy before the season started so he's been out, but he's expected to be back playing this week. (thankfully) James Anderson is really struggling with his shot, so it will be nice to get him back.

Jefferson has been playing well too. If everyone steps it up, they'll be fine. Sure they'll drop some games where Manu makes a difference, but I'll take it. He'll be rested even more for the playoffs.

kdspurman
01-03-2012, 10:51 AM
Manu is one of the most underrated SGs of all time imo. It's always been Kobe this Wade that...Manu has been just as good and is super clutch.

Exactly... Plus he plays less minutes than those guys. No doubt his stats would be a little more inflated somewhere else where he was the go to guy, but playing with Duncan and Parker has probably allowed him to play longer, cause with his style of play who knows how long he lasts as the # 1 guy

Iodine
01-03-2012, 11:59 AM

Someones bitter

Htownballa1622
01-03-2012, 12:09 PM
:rolleyes: You act like Manu was trying to hurt him on purpose and deserves to get hurt. Get real

Nowhere in my post did I say he deserves to be hurt. All I said was karma.
Manu is a great player. I don't think he was trying to hurt him. I just think because of the BS he pulls he ended up hurting Brooks.

I'm real.don't worry about that.

Htownballa1622
01-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Someones bitter

That someone's not me at all. Have you seen Kyle Lowry? I'm straight.

Someone's confused.

lavilevi23
01-03-2012, 12:28 PM
Tank Nation?

SouthSideRookie
01-03-2012, 01:39 PM

Im sure he wasn't trying to hurt him, however why was he trying to 'draw a charge' or position himself in front of Brooks in HALFCOURT when Aaron was hoisting a shot from there, doesn't register does it.

Btw, Brooks had 18 in the first half of that game and like HTB mentioned already it seems like he never recovered from that. It was a significant loss for the Rockets and considering they missed the playoffs by a few games, one could argue Brooks possibly could of made a difference.

Giraffes Rule
01-03-2012, 02:19 PM
Im sure he wasn't trying to hurt him, however why was he trying to 'draw a charge' or position himself in front of Brooks in HALFCOURT when Aaron was hoisting a shot from there, doesn't register does it.

Btw, Brooks had 18 in the first half of that game and like HTB mentioned already it seems like he never recovered from that. It was a significant loss for the Rockets and considering they missed the playoffs by a few games, one could argue Brooks possibly could of made a difference.

:cry: MY TEAM'S PLAYER GOT HURT BECAUSE YOUR PLAYER TRIED TO WIN :cry:

Just sick when people are glad when athletes get hurt. Really pathetic.

SouthSideRookie
01-03-2012, 02:27 PM

Im not glad he got hurt at all, it's classless to wish harm or injury on anyone. I agree it is pathetic to celebrate a players injury, last season a Knicks fan did it when Yao got injured, I just decided to ignore it even though i was furious.

Htownballa1622
01-03-2012, 02:52 PM

No one here is glad. Just saying. if you play reckless you're bound to get injured. Wish him a quick and full recovery. I don't like injuries at all. I'm a Rockets fan so I've dealt with seeing great players injured.

Giraffes Rule
01-03-2012, 03:29 PM
Im not glad he got hurt at all, it's classless to wish harm or injury on anyone. I agree it is pathetic to celebrate a players injury, last season a Knicks fan did it when Yao got injured, I just decided to ignore it even though i was furious.

No one here is glad. Just saying. if you play reckless you're bound to get injured. Wish him a quick and full recovery. I don't like injuries at all. I'm a Rockets fan so I've dealt with seeing great players injured.

Right, you're not glad he's injured. You just think he deserves it. :rolleyes:

IBleedPurple
01-03-2012, 04:34 PM
I think Ginobli is faking this, just like everything on the court

Htownballa1622
01-03-2012, 06:20 PM
Right, you're not glad he's injured. You just think he deserves it. :rolleyes:

Yeah cuz that what I said. I don't usually do this but you deserve it :facepalm: