PDA

View Full Version : why dont the suns trade nash?

utl768
01-02-2012, 06:52 PM
the team isnt contending and they can probably get a decent haul for him

Sportfan
01-02-2012, 06:54 PM
They can't get much for him, and the need for a PG isn't really that big right now. How many teams really could use him, and how many of those teams would pay the price?

Suns should have traded him 2-3 years ago when Amare was all but gone.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-02-2012, 06:54 PM
he wants to stay:shrug:

shep33
01-02-2012, 07:00 PM
Even if he wants to get traded, his value is really low just due to his age. Nobody is going to trade a star for him, maybe a couple late picks and a decent young player. It has nothing to do with him being a bad player, he's still a top 4-5 pg in my eyes, but realistically he has like 2 years left maybe?

Ebbs
01-02-2012, 07:02 PM
Yea I don't understand why they keep him. Teams may not pay the price yet but when people start getting injured, teams who feel there so close to competing see the deadline coming up someone would pay.

CityofTreez
01-02-2012, 07:02 PM
I know right!

I just traded Steve Nash for Danny Granger in NBA 2K12.

LakersMaster24
01-02-2012, 07:05 PM
Ebanks + 1st Round Pick for Nash :p One can only dream.

michael811
01-02-2012, 07:05 PM
Nash is the only reason to go to a suns game without him there will probably be a big drop in ticket sales

Capital G
01-02-2012, 07:06 PM
the need for a PG is not great right now.

he probably wants to stay.

who else do they have that will bring at least some people to watch them play?

smith&wesson
01-02-2012, 07:07 PM
he wants to be mention amongst greats like karl malone, reggie miller, charles barkley, john stockton

John Walls Era
01-02-2012, 07:14 PM
Can't see any team breaking the bank for him. They should've traded him last year when Amare left.

lvlheaded
He probably will end up getting dealt at some point this season. Although the Suns really need him if they wanna sell tickets

Corey
Im sure they could get a first rounder and a solid player back for him from someone.

KnicksR4Real
01-02-2012, 07:16 PM
He needs a ring. Phoenix should trade him.

Silent
01-02-2012, 07:17 PM
he wants to be mention amongst greats like karl malone, reggie miller, charles barkley, john stockton

? u do know he played on Dallas before Phoenix?

And Barkley was on the Suns And rockets

So what's your point?

Nica
01-02-2012, 07:17 PM
He wanted to stay a Sun to honour his contract extension. That being said it would not surprise me to see him sign in the off-season with the Knicks to re-unite with D'Antoni and Amare. As well NY is his off-season home.

llemon
01-02-2012, 07:36 PM
the team isnt contending and they can probably get a decent haul for him

What is the deal that you feel would pry Steve Nash away from the Suns this season?

Daunter
01-02-2012, 07:44 PM
The Suns won't trade him unless he asks for it which he won't.I would love to see him win a ring and maybe get a 1st round pick for him but he will retire a sun.

IndyRealist
01-02-2012, 07:45 PM

So what's your point?

Barkely was also on Philly.

I suspect they don't trade him because he puts butts in the seats.

king2218
01-02-2012, 07:52 PM
He wanted to stay a Sun to honour his contract extension. That being said it would not surprise me to see him sign in the off-season with the Knicks to re-unite with D'Antoni and Amare. As well NY is his off-season home.

This being the reason...the NBA needs more players like Steve Nash, who honor their contract & stick with their team thru thick n thin.

Bang Bros89
01-02-2012, 07:55 PM

So what's your point?

I think he meant, Nash wants to be great player who never won a ring

Pierzynski4Prez
01-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Is a team not allowed to keep the face of its franchise for nearly a decade because its not one of the top 8 teams anymore?

Slug3
01-02-2012, 07:57 PM

So what's your point?

His point is none of them have rings and if he stays on the Suns he wont have one either.

Giraffes Rule
01-02-2012, 08:00 PM
Because their owner is a **** head.

Daunter
01-02-2012, 08:01 PM
Its sadder for me that Nash has the most playoffs games without reaching the finals record more than him not winning a ring.

No one will break that record

Silent
01-02-2012, 08:02 PM
His point is none of them have rings and if he stays on the Suns he wont have one either.

:facepalm:to me thx slug i was :confused:

--23--
01-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Nash wanted to stay with the Suns to honor his contract. With his personality and how much he loves Phoenix he might retire with the Suns

Ty Fast
01-02-2012, 08:17 PM
he dosnt want to be traded

Mudvayne91
01-02-2012, 08:20 PM

That's actually what I thought to. I thought I read something about that not that long ago. Perhaps I am wrong though.

llemon
01-02-2012, 08:28 PM
So no one can give a realistic trade scenario that would cause Suns to trade Stevie?

I didn't think so.

And people (NBA players included) don't deserve anything more than what they've achieved through their own efforts.

But of course, as is the case in so many instances of human life, deserving has nothing to do with the final results.

king4day
01-02-2012, 08:28 PM
All these arguments about trading him don't make sense. Why trade him when we had Amar'e? We went to the WCF 2 years ago. Last year? OK maybe then. But anytime before then is silly.

If we trade him now we won't get anything for him. He expires at the end of the year and is unlikely to extend with any team unless they are serious title contenders

ink
01-02-2012, 08:29 PM

So what's your point?

What's yours?? Nash never asked to leave any team. He was traded to DAL and only re-signed elsewhere (with the franchise that drafted him) because Marc Cuban misjudged how long Nash would play at an elite level. Nash has ONLY ever been about loyalty in his career.

Fly
01-02-2012, 08:34 PM
I can see him going to the Knicks. They'd probably get Douglas, a draft pick and maybe another player for him. It'd be a good trade for the Suns.

Blink
01-02-2012, 08:36 PM
NBA needs more guys like Nash. Loyalty is a forgotten thing.

Giraffes Rule
01-02-2012, 09:19 PM
So no one can give a realistic trade scenario that would cause Suns to trade Stevie?

I didn't think so.

And people (NBA players included) don't deserve anything more than what they've achieved through their own efforts.

But of course, as is the case in so many instances of human life, deserving has nothing to do with the final results.

I mostly just want him off the Suns for my fantasy team. Actually that probably the only reason.

mgsports
01-02-2012, 09:35 PM
Miami for Chalmers and Cole?

Tblaze
01-02-2012, 09:37 PM
Loyalty from both sides... which is rare these days

Pfeifer
01-02-2012, 09:58 PM
As a raptors fan I would trade Calderon + for him. They get a serviceable pg and the rest is self explanatory.

SteveNash
01-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Because Nash staying makes them more money. Remember this is the franchise that gave away Rondo, Fernandez, Deng, Ibaka, and Gortat to save money.

mdm692
01-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Because Nash staying makes them more money. Remember this is the franchise that gave away Rondo, Fernandez, Deng, Ibaka, and Gortat to save money.

you mean owner

Rocco007
01-02-2012, 10:33 PM
Ebanks + 1st Round Pick for Nash :p One can only dream.

If we don't trade equal contracts..we must be under the cap enough to absorb his salary... Lakers aren't in the latter...Maybe a 3 team trade is the answer or Metta/Walton plus another piece will work??? At this point, Steve Nash would have to ask for it...

TomahawkChop 10
01-02-2012, 10:41 PM
I could see the Lakers or Heat trading for him. I would love to se Nash get a ring so I believe he should be given the chance. Both are in need of a pass happy PG and have better than good chances at a title

braveniler58
01-02-2012, 10:53 PM
The Suns aren't trading Nash because Nash is a class act, and he wants to stay loyal to the team he signed a contract with. He's not DeMarcus Cousins. He's not Kevin Garnett. He's not Chris Paul. He's not Dwight Howard. He's not Amar'e Stoudemire.

He's Steve Nash.

While Nash hasn't gotten a ring, he's come pretty damn close during the time he's been in Phoenix. I don't know if that's enough for him or not, but it doesn't matter. He wants to stay in Phoenix, and he's done enough for the Suns to respect that and keep him around.

His contract expires at the end of the year, and after that, the Suns will have enough cap room for two max contracts. That might be another reason we haven't traded him. I don't know if he'll re-sign with the Suns or go to the Knicks or whatever other team... but I'd love it if he re-signed with the Suns (for a cheaper contract, of course). I'd love it if he retired a Sun, and I think he wants to.

Steve Nash is awesome, and an one-of-a-kind player and person in the NBA.

thecro88
01-02-2012, 11:04 PM

So what's your point?

Barkley was also on the Sixers!

joeym
01-02-2012, 11:26 PM
The Suns aren't trading Nash because Nash is a class act, and he wants to stay loyal to the team he signed a contract with. He's not DeMarcus Cousins. He's not Kevin Garnett. He's not Chris Paul. He's not Dwight Howard. He's not Amar'e Stoudemire.

He's Steve Nash.

While Nash hasn't gotten a ring, he's come pretty damn close during the time he's been in Phoenix. I don't know if that's enough for him or not, but it doesn't matter. He wants to stay in Phoenix, and he's done enough for the Suns to respect that and keep him around.

His contract expires at the end of the year, and after that, the Suns will have enough cap room for two max contracts. That might be another reason we haven't traded him. I don't know if he'll re-sign with the Suns or go to the Knicks or whatever other team... but I'd love it if he re-signed with the Suns (for a cheaper contract, of course). I'd love it if he retired a Sun, and I think he wants to.

I don't think it's fair to compare all those other players you mentioned with Nash simply because they are either in the process of or have already chosen to leave their original teams......I am sure they all have various reasons for not staying (some legitimate and some perhaps not as much).....but I do agree with you that unless Nash requests a trade (and he has shown no inclination to do so as of now) he will probably be happy to retire with the Suns.....

mightymouse407
01-02-2012, 11:33 PM
Gotta love a loyal player like that wish the magic could trade nelson,duhon,1st rd pick 4 nash

braveniler58
01-02-2012, 11:41 PM
I don't think it's fair to compare all those other players you mentioned with Nash simply because they are either in the process of or have already chosen to leave their original teams......I am sure they all have various reasons for not staying (some legitimate and some perhaps not as much).....but I do agree with you that unless Nash requests a trade (and he has shown no inclination to do so as of now) he will probably be happy to retire with the Suns.....

Why not? They're all players who asked to get out. Nash did the opposite.

MonroeFAN
01-03-2012, 12:50 AM
What's yours?? Nash never asked to leave any team. He was traded to DAL and only re-signed elsewhere (with the franchise that drafted him) because Marc Cuban misjudged how long Nash would play at an elite level. Nash has ONLY ever been about loyalty in his career.

?

Nash never really had an elite season during his stay in Dallas. He's an amazing basketball player, and his time in PHX has been elite, to say the least. But his numbers took a huge jump.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-03-2012, 01:21 AM
Is a team not allowed to keep the face of its franchise for nearly a decade because its not one of the top 8 teams anymore?

Not when that player has done more for that franchise than that franchise has done for him. They didn't surround him with the proper and adequate personnel. The Suns FO #1 main priority of free agency was to re-sign Grant Hill. Now that's laughable in my estimation when you have an aging 38 yr old PG still trying to get that first ring. They didn't upgrade at all.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-03-2012, 01:27 AM

He's Steve Nash.

Steve Nash has not come close at all to even sniffing a championship. Sniffing a championship would be actually making it to the NBA Finals, which he has never done in his entire career. He's made it to the WCF 3 times as a PHX Suns, but he also made it to the WCF 1 time as a Dallas Mavs. So no, he has not come pretty damn close to the title.

Secondly, the Suns won't be able to attract Max players for the simple fact that the NBA is moving in the direction of having superteams in popular and big market cities like LA, Miami, NY, Chicago, Dallas etc. Hot Phoenix, AZ is not known as one of those popular crazy lifestyle cities where players want to form superteams in the quest for a championship.

KnicksorBust
01-03-2012, 06:42 AM
Jeff Teague, Kirk Hinrich, 1st round pick for Steve Nash

Why for Phoenix: They retool with a talented young PG, an expiring contract, and a 1st round pick.

Why for Atlanta: They re-unite Joe Johnson with a PG that helped produce his most effecient season and get a distributor who can get easy baskets for Josh Smith in transition. This could be their one real shot to get over the hump in the Eastern Conference.

sunsfan88
01-03-2012, 06:50 AM
He doesnt wanna leave PHX so he aint leaving...unless of course some great deal comes by.

mdm692
01-03-2012, 06:55 AM
Steve Nash has not come close at all to even sniffing a championship. Sniffing a championship would be actually making it to the NBA Finals, which he has never done in his entire career. He's made it to the WCF 3 times as a PHX Suns, but he also made it to the WCF 1 time as a Dallas Mavs. So no, he has not come pretty damn close to the title.

Secondly, the Suns won't be able to attract Max players for the simple fact that the NBA is moving in the direction of having superteams in popular and big market cities like LA, Miami, NY, Chicago, Dallas etc. Hot Phoenix, AZ is not known as one of those popular crazy lifestyle cities where players want to form superteams in the quest for a championship.

yup and we all know what happens to the superteam in LA. It changed names. Btw none of what you say makes sense, with you saying "the nba is moving in a different direction" youre insinuating the nba is fake like wwe. But we will see next year when the suns have +30mill in cap space and the lakers are stuck with no knees bynum and aging pau gasol.

abe_froman
01-03-2012, 07:36 AM
cuz he isnt demanding out and no one would show up at the stadium if they did?

KapnKnicks87
01-04-2012, 03:30 PM
Nash is an old school type player who wouldn't ask for a trade no matter what, but i don't think that should stop the suns from trading him if they got a good deal. He is getting up there in age too.

king4day
01-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Jeff Teague, Kirk Hinrich, 1st round pick for Steve Nash

Why for Phoenix: They retool with a talented young PG, an expiring contract, and a 1st round pick.

Why for Atlanta: They re-unite Joe Johnson with a PG that helped produce his most effecient season and get a distributor who can get easy baskets for Josh Smith in transition. This could be their one real shot to get over the hump in the Eastern Conference.

I'd do that in a heartbeat.

king4day
01-04-2012, 04:00 PM

By your logic, in a marathon, if 4 runners finish 1st, 2nd, 3rd, & 4th, all finishing within a half-second of one another, you're saying the 3rd and 4th place finisher was never close to winning.

Just because we never reached the finals doesn't mean we weren't close.

TheNumber37
01-04-2012, 04:15 PM
I'd like to see Nash in the thunder

Bob_at_york
01-04-2012, 04:30 PM
How about a team like the Hawks? They could offer Josh Smith and Jeff Teague for him. They could probably get Phoenix to chip in something on top of it (Ronnie Price and a 2nd rounder).

EDIT: I forgot that the Hawks had Kirk on the team, I also didn't know Teague was performing so well that might be unfair in the Suns direction.

pebloemer
01-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Not when that player has done more for that franchise than that franchise has done for him. They didn't surround him with the proper and adequate personnel. The Suns FO #1 main priority of free agency was to re-sign Grant Hill. Now that's laughable in my estimation when you have an aging 38 yr old PG still trying to get that first ring. They didn't upgrade at all.

Your post would be relevant if Nash ever felt he wanted to leave Phoenix, but he's continually indicated the opposite. Your post presumes he's unhappy with Phoenix. Whether he should be unhappy or not is irrelevant.

Nash signed the contract he has. He is a smart enough guy to know how cheap Phoenix management has been over the years, but he still wanted to stay. I don't understand why Phoenix can't keep him.

thunderforce
01-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Loyal my *** he hasen't played for his country in what a decade ?

Bob_at_york
01-04-2012, 05:06 PM
Loyal my *** he hasen't played for his country in what a decade ?

Yes, he hasn't played for them because of loyalty. he was loyal to Triano and Canada Basketball treated him like crap.

thunderforce
01-04-2012, 05:11 PM
There is no excuse to me for him , Magloire or any of the others either .

CaptainClutch
01-04-2012, 05:37 PM

Definitely an interesting topic to think about. With all the all stars in the NBA determining their future with expiring contracts and last minute deadline deals, I would think Nash would want to make a run at a championship after tough years getting knocked out in the West.

Hmm....

Lakers + Giants
01-04-2012, 05:46 PM
Imagine Nash Feeding Drew and Gasol. . . .my god. . .

SteveNash
01-04-2012, 05:54 PM

He's Steve Nash.

How was what Amar'e did any different from what Nash did? Phoenix didn't want to pay him, so he left, the exact same thing Nash did.

mdm692
01-04-2012, 06:01 PM
How was what Amar'e did any different from what Nash did? Phoenix didn't want to pay him, so he left, the exact same thing Nash did.

new york only paid 2 million more the difference is stat had to average 24mpg or more in his last 3 years in order for the contract to be guaranteed each year(basically insurance for his knees) as opposed to NY who is taking a risk on his knees. Plus if he had stayed in phx it was almost a sure shot at the finals last year and this year.

rhymeratic
01-04-2012, 06:18 PM
You already know he gonna slide right to Dallas to get that ring.... Kidd did it.

Lakeshow24KB
01-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Because he's a ****

PHX2daDEATH
01-04-2012, 06:45 PM
they aren't done milking him thats why, he should of been dealt last year

SunsFanIam
01-04-2012, 06:54 PM

Know your city before you talk. Do you know how many Celebs have houses out here? You might not like the summers but sh** you on the road during that time anyways but people flock here by the thousands during winter time. Phx has a nice night life with clubs and everything else. It also has some of the greatest golf courses around. Also and hour up north is woods and snow and all that junk and by sports relation it is the 8th biggest in the Nba.

The reason people don't want to come to Phx is because the front office is terrible and the owner it self is cheap because he owns a bank and during this economy has last a great deal of money.

SteveNash
01-04-2012, 07:30 PM
new york only paid 2 million more the difference is stat had to average 24mpg or more in his last 3 years in order for the contract to be guaranteed each year(basically insurance for his knees) as opposed to NY who is taking a risk on his knees. Plus if he had stayed in phx it was almost a sure shot at the finals last year and this year.

So NYK guaranteed Amar'e $60 million more. NY was more loyal than the team that drafted him.

Sure shot at the finals? Really?