PDA

View Full Version : How Bad was this Game Changing Call

goblazers7
01-02-2012, 03:55 AM
Here's the Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhqKW2XuRTA&feature=youtu.be)

Right after the timeout CP3 hits a bank 3 with .5 seconds left on the shot clock. So that gave them a 7 point advantage instead of whatever the outcome of what Portland was going to do with the ball. Somehow they couldn't review this play and it's just ridiculous. This is a game changing call that was blown by a ref. I'm not saying that we would've won if that call was made correctly, but it's possible when you're down 4 with 2 minutes to go.

PS:
(Yes the Portland announcers are homers. Yes they're also annoying. I'm in the same boat as you)

shep33
01-02-2012, 03:58 AM
That's a terrible call right there wow. Lol he went out of bounds twice. His knee hit out of bounds, then his hand hits out.

Really bad call.

Lakers + Giants
01-02-2012, 03:58 AM
that's a horrible call, if it were against lakers i would've been irate. . not gonna lie. you have the right to be pissed.

Wade>You
01-02-2012, 04:00 AM
Unfortunately, nothing new in the NBA.

Although it's pretty embarrassing that the ref was right there and completely blew it.

shep33
01-02-2012, 04:01 AM
that's a horrible call, if it were against lakers i would've been irate. . not gonna lie. you have the right to be pissed.

I agree, I don't even know how he made that call lol. He was right infront of him and he's looking down at the endline while CP3 went out of bounds.

I am not a Blazer fan by any means, but that is such a horrendous call that it's almost funny.

Wade>You
01-02-2012, 04:05 AM
If you're the ref, there's no way you could've missed it.

Instead of being sent to do an assignment in the D-League or being fired, this guy is probably getting a promotion right now.

SportsAndrew25
01-02-2012, 04:14 AM
Nothing new in the NBA. Blown calls are as common place as Blake Griffin dunks.

shep33
01-02-2012, 04:16 AM
Probably could've even called a travel. Tough call, no excuses for that right there lol. I just think it's hilarious that he's looking right at CP3 as he's falling out of bounds, like 2 feet away from him.

ClippersE.G
01-02-2012, 04:35 AM
You would not have complained if they called this in Portland, and I have seen just as bad plays on the road all year. Dont complain because the Blazers lost. There are way more players that you could have blamed besides that one ...

shep33
01-02-2012, 04:37 AM
You would not have complained if they called this in Portland, and I have seen just as bad plays on the road all year. Dont complain because the Blazers lost. There are way more players that you could have blamed besides that one ...

I agree, I've never put blame in one play before, but this was just funny bad and pretty amazing that it wasn't called. Still, the Blazers shouldn't have put themselves in that hole early on.

Mudvayne91
01-02-2012, 04:41 AM
It really does suck that it happened. Well, not for me since the Blazers losing is good for the Nugs, but I get how Portland would be upset.

That being said, these things do happen quite often(multiple times a year I mean). It's just a bad part of the game. Personally, I'd be in favor of them reviewing it because I want the calls right 100% of the time. I understand the argument against it though.

Dade County
01-02-2012, 04:41 AM
wtf was that.. smh

it's beyond a terrible call, that ref had an agenda.

I just can't believe he didn't see that right in front of him.

Wade>You
01-02-2012, 04:42 AM
You would not have complained if they called this in Portland, and I have seen just as bad plays on the road all year. Dont complain because the Blazers lost. There are way more players that you could have blamed besides that one ...lol coming from the guy who says the refs don't let teams play against the Heat. Why so defensive when it's against your Clips? ;)

Terrible call.

emman03
01-02-2012, 04:53 AM
The breaks of the game?? What you called "superstar call" :clap: Besides they're playing @ staples if portland does the same thing i guess it may call out bounce but if you were a clipper i guess your in the lob city *peace*

MJ-BULLS
01-02-2012, 04:58 AM
stupid ****ing call.

John Walls Era
01-02-2012, 05:07 AM
Bad call, but Lob City needed assists from the refs since they clearly weren't living up to potential.

I hate when commentators are fans.

Chronz
01-02-2012, 12:17 PM
How can you guys tell when he called time out? I thought the same thing when I saw it live but this vid doesn't show me anything. Its possible the ref felt he called the to while on his way out.
But to answer the question, it wouldn't have changed anything. Clips put the clamps on, CP3 was making shots that had no business going in, it was destiny.

Chronz
01-02-2012, 12:21 PM
Bad call, but Lob City needed assists from the refs since they clearly weren't living up to potential.

I hate when commentators are fans.

Hardly, its 1 call, why would they help so late/blatantly, particularly since our bigs were racking up the fouls.

shep33
01-02-2012, 12:49 PM
How can you guys tell when he called time out? I thought the same thing when I saw it live but this vid doesn't show me anything. Its possible the ref felt he called the to while on his way out.
But to answer the question, it wouldn't have changed anything. Clips put the clamps on, CP3 was making shots that had no business going in, it was destiny.

I agree, it probably was a bad call, but 1 call doesn't make up for an entire game, at least that's my philosophy in thinking about it. Portland shouldn't have gotten themselves in a huge hole to begin with

D Roses Bulls
01-02-2012, 02:50 PM

Look @ the 19 second mark. Horrible call!!!

BALLER R
01-02-2012, 03:01 PM
you guys should watch a raptors games from a raptors perspective. You would probably wanna knock a ref out

BALLER R
01-02-2012, 03:03 PM
I just watched that video 3 times WHAT THE HELL??!!!...the ref was stand right in front of him literately 2 steps away WOOOOOW

Swashcuff
01-02-2012, 03:03 PM
Though its seems like a HORRENDOUS call I'm wondering if Paul was asking for the TO when the back of his head was towards the camera. I mean seriously you gotta be a real dumb*** to make such a bone headed call.

Tmath
01-02-2012, 03:13 PM
Which ever team is more popular always gets the benefit of the doubt it seems.

LGhost
01-02-2012, 03:14 PM
League pass last night aired the game with the Clippers broadcasting and they showed a replay from the baseline right in front of Chris Paul, he definitely said time out before his hand went out of bounds although you couldn't tell with his foot as the ref was in the way. This is not biased as I wanted the Blazers to win.

Piercefan34
01-02-2012, 03:25 PM
i dont understand how miami fans are in here gangin up on clip fans lol theyre the ones who are the recipients of all these kinds of calls.

JohnnyOutcast
01-02-2012, 03:31 PM
From the regular TV camera view it kind of looks like he stepped out of bounds, but I was watching this game live on league pass and on the Clippers broadcast they had the reverse angle that was right on the sideline and it showed he actually stayed in bounds
the entire time.

Kyben36
01-02-2012, 03:31 PM
1:45 left on the clock, you still could have played defense and stoped them. while it may have been a bad call, it wasnt a game changing one. like lakers fans admitted when Deng Traveled controversy, there where other reasons than just that single call that they lost. you guys still had your oportunity, and if you didnt win it your fault.

knicks=love
01-02-2012, 04:02 PM
i'll give you two views..

from a typical NBA fan: it's a pretty ridiculous call, and it's insane how they can't review it. i would've went insane if this was the playoffs and cost my team the game or series.

from a ref (yes, i do ref): we're human too. we make mistakes, and miss a lot of calls. it's not normal to make every single foul, every single travel or whatever. then the game wouldn't be fun. as for this play, going at full speed in the last quarter of the game, things get crazy so refs miss things. i've missed things and people have been mad at me. it's the game, things happen but you have to move on and forget it.

iggypop123
01-02-2012, 06:38 PM
that sucked. wow. anyways not as bad as loul Deng blatant travel on Christmas game. that handed the bulls the win.

Tblaze
01-02-2012, 06:38 PM
terrible call indeed, portland dug their own hole though by playing that poorly the first 2 quarters.. I guess we can call it 'home court advantage'.

Swashcuff
01-02-2012, 06:57 PM
How can we say that its a terrible call when others have said that on other camera angles they saw Paul asking for TO before he went out of bounds? He was in control of the ball was he not? I really don't see a horrible call there if he did indeed as for the TO before going out of bounds.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-02-2012, 07:01 PM
another team vetoed by stern

Chacarron
01-02-2012, 07:06 PM
His hand was on the ground out of bounds before he yelled timeout. Tough break for the Blazers.