PDA

View Full Version : Warriors need to make a move

steveweve
01-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Last night, we severely missed Monta Ellis. We were blown out by the 76ers who had just lost to the struggling Utah Jazz. A game before, Curry went down and sat out against the NY Knicks game for the better. The result? 92-78 dubs. I'm not saying without Curry we are a stronger team, or vice versa with Monta. What I'm trying to get across is that Curry's value is huge, and all of the warriors fanbase is concerned about his ankle. I was thinking of a trade that would send Curry to the Boston Celtics, if Curry isn't enough we can package Thompson or someone else to sweeten the deal. And we'd get Rajon Rondo in return. Monta needs the ball in his hands to be effective, he's been displaying some great passing abilities. And showed that he hasn't lost shot against the Knicks, closing out the game. With Rajon Rondo, we get arguably a top 5 passer in the league. I know that our back court would become even smaller, but we would pick up a true point guard, without having any career risking injuries on the line. Rondo has also shown huge improvent in his scoring in the early start this season, while missing their go 2 guy Paul Pierce.

Stephen Curry: PPG: 15.3 APG: 6 RPG: 5.3
Rajon Rondo: PPG: 18.8 APG: 9 RPG: 4.5

Rondo
Ellis
Wright
Lee
Biedrins

And if having such a small backcourt worries us so much, we could always trade Ellis for an Igudola type player aslong as a young big.

steveweve
01-01-2012, 09:19 PM
Probably not the best trade, but just an idea. So if Curry's ankle does become a career problem. We wont be stuck with him wishing we had made a trade.

raiderkaos
01-01-2012, 09:38 PM
How about we trade Curry, Thompson, Biedrins, and a future unprotected 1st to the kings for Evans and Cousins?

Monta is beast
01-01-2012, 10:28 PM
It was just one loss. I only got to watch the first half cause I went out, but we were without the heart & soul of our team.

Monta is beast
01-01-2012, 10:30 PM
But if we were to make a deal, I think it needs to involve Curry or Ellis. I think this team has enough to get into the playoffs, but we should be striving for more then that.

steveweve
01-01-2012, 10:36 PM
^^ The reason for the trade isn't for a HUGE upgrade, it's to slightly upgrade and pick up a true point guard, that is a real distributor. Something we need. And so if Curry's ankle does become career threatening, we're not the ones stuck with him while he has no value

steveweve
01-01-2012, 10:39 PM
As for the topic of the thread, lets pick up Cousins

Monta is beast
01-01-2012, 10:43 PM
As for the topic of the thread, lets pick up Cousins

He's a head case though.

MackShock
01-01-2012, 10:55 PM
does anybody know the details of rondos contract?

likemystylez
01-01-2012, 10:57 PM
How about we trade Curry, Thompson, Biedrins, and a future unprotected 1st to the kings for Evans and Cousins?

salarys wouldnt match, and we cant trade our pick

Monta is beast
01-01-2012, 10:59 PM
does anybody know the details of rondos contract?

47 million over the next 4 years.

steveweve
01-01-2012, 11:27 PM
He is a headcase. But I believe MJ could probably control him mentally, and make him mentally stronger and more mature than he displays. He'd be a great addition if we could pick him up and get his head straight.

BKLYNpigeon
01-02-2012, 12:47 AM
already?

When the Warriors were getting a few big wins, you guys were talking about the playoffs. The Warriors get a bad loss, and you need to make a move already. Calm down already. it will be a up and down season, like it always is. 9th or 10th seed?

A trade the Warriors should look at is Westbrook for Curry. Might be great for both teams. Currys value has never been higher.

BKLYNpigeon
01-02-2012, 12:50 AM
He is a headcase. But I believe MJ could probably control him mentally, and make him mentally stronger and more mature than he displays. He'd be a great addition if we could pick him up and get his head straight.

If Doc Rivers, and veteran players like KG, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen cant get a hold of Rondo, Who can?

MackShock
01-02-2012, 12:55 AM
Yeah, id rather have rondo. We don't need a scoring point guard, we need a distributor, and rondo is a better fit. Plus we already have monta who some see as a chucker..it won't help us because westbrook doesn't know when to stop shooting

Monta is beast
01-02-2012, 01:03 AM
Dude you guys need to calm down. It was one loss without our best player. I think people including myself overreacted to the Knicks win. I still think this is a playoff team, no doubt about it. But we shouldn't be hoping for an 8th seed.

lol, please
01-02-2012, 02:41 AM
I want us to win with Curry and Ellis in the back court.

Leandres_sf
01-02-2012, 04:24 AM
It was a horrible game by the Warriors, in every aspect of the game....but I don't think it means we need to trade Steph.

sunsfan88
01-02-2012, 05:14 AM
Knicks get: Nash, Lee, PHX '13 first rd pick
Knicks give: Amare, Fields

Warriors get: Amare, Fields, Lopez, Bibby
Warriors give: Curry, Lee

Suns get: Curry
Suns give: Nash, Lopez, '13 1st rd pick

BrandoCommando
01-02-2012, 05:19 AM
im a big fan of rondo. id strongly consider that

Monta is beast
01-02-2012, 05:22 AM
im a big fan of rondo. id strongly consider that

I would do it. Rondo is one of the best passers in the league. And is probably the best rebounding guard in the league. He would make our big men allot better.

BrandoCommando
01-02-2012, 05:32 AM
Agreed.

We play in like 11 hours where is the GT?

Monta is beast
01-02-2012, 05:42 AM
Agreed.

We play in like 11 hours where is the GT?

I don't know?

:shrug:

MackShock
01-02-2012, 06:00 AM
where would you guys be without me..LOL..itll be up in 5 minutes

Monta is beast
01-02-2012, 06:11 AM
where would you guys be without me..LOL..itll be up in 5 minutes

No lo sť.

MackShock
01-02-2012, 06:49 AM
No lo sť.

Pero si no sabes, quien sabes?

BrandoCommando
01-02-2012, 04:00 PM
tengo un gato en mis pantalones

steveweve
01-02-2012, 04:19 PM
already?

When the Warriors were getting a few big wins, you guys were talking about the playoffs. The Warriors get a bad loss, and you need to make a move already. Calm down already. it will be a up and down season, like it always is. 9th or 10th seed?

A trade the Warriors should look at is Westbrook for Curry. Might be great for both teams. Currys value has never been higher.

Did you even read the post? The reason for the trade wasn't to make a huge improvement or to make a change on the roster. It was so we get a true point guard, and a real distributor. And so we won't be the ones stuck with Curry wishing we made a trade while his ankle becomes a career injury. Read the thread before you post.

Monta is beast
01-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Did you even read the post? The reason for the trade wasn't to make a huge improvement or to make a change on the roster. It was so we get a true point guard, and a real distributor. And so we won't be the ones stuck with Curry wishing we made a trade while his ankle becomes a career injury. Read the thread before you post.

Not only that, but Rondo has looked even better this season. We all know he is somewhat of a headcase, how would he & Ellis coexist?

steveweve
01-02-2012, 04:41 PM
If Ellis found a way to bond with Curry when he was immature. I'm pretty sure he can find a way with Rondo.

sunsfan88
01-03-2012, 08:05 AM

Would you guys do this trade?

asandhu23
01-03-2012, 08:08 AM
no lo sť.

pero si no sabes, quien sabes?

tengo un gato en mis pantalones

ingles!

NYKalltheway
01-03-2012, 10:06 AM

D'Antoni would do this trade, personally I wouldn't like it for the Knicks.

mavwar53
01-03-2012, 03:32 PM
Yeah, id rather have rondo. We don't need a scoring point guard, we need a distributor, and rondo is a better fit. Plus we already have monta who some see as a chucker..it won't help us because westbrook doesn't know when to stop shooting

I find this quote funny, this team has just 3 guys that can score, Curry, Monta and Lee, if we get rid of one of them for someone that can't score we would have an offense as bad as the nets or the Jazz.

ChuckyGSW291
01-03-2012, 04:34 PM
Phoenix wouldn't do the above deal. gain Curry for giving up Nash, Lopez and a 1st round pick? thats a wet dreaming right there knicks fan

robbnen#31
01-03-2012, 09:43 PM
I would make that trade without question

Monta is beast
01-03-2012, 09:47 PM
I find this quote funny, this team has just 3 guys that can score, Curry, Monta and Lee, if we get rid of one of them for someone that can't score we would have an offense as bad as the nets or the Jazz.

It's not like Rondo is incapable of scoring. He just doesn't need to score to effect the game. He makes players around him better, he doesn't turn the ball over & plays stifling defense. So subtract Curry's offense, but add everyone else getting better.

robbnen#31
01-03-2012, 09:53 PM
I wonder how the Thunder would feel about a deal involving Westbrook and Curry given the tension with Westbrook and Durant.

Monta is beast
01-03-2012, 09:57 PM
Mistah Fab was on Chronicle Live right now, and they were talking about how to get players to sign here. Basically they said, they aren't going to be able to draft a superstar, because they are a middle of the pack team. They said were going to have to sign or trade for one.

Kdirt
01-03-2012, 09:59 PM
You guys do realize we are 2-1 with our full lineup on the court, right? We clearly are not as effective unless Lee, Monta, and Curry are on the court together.

We severely missed Lee vs the Suns and without Monta, you can forget about it. This thread is so premature.

Monta is beast
01-03-2012, 10:07 PM
You guys do realize we are 2-1 with our full lineup on the court, right? We clearly are not as effective unless Lee, Monta, and Curry are on the court together.

We severely missed Lee vs the Suns and without Monta, you can forget about it. This thread is so premature.

I agree. But if were serious about being a playoff team, we need to win at least one of the two game against the 76ers & Suns. The 76ers game was at home and we had a good lead early in the game. The team just quit playing defense in the second half. The Suns game was close and we had many chances to pull ahead and put them away. But we never did.