PDA

View Full Version : NYPost: LA Lakers Offered Pau Gasol For Kevin Love After Chris Paul Trade Died

JordansBulls
01-01-2012, 07:27 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/ricky_tricky_nWQOlXFWQnNe35IOKu8yPO

Sources say the Lakers offered Pau Gasol to the T’Wolves for Kevin Love after the league canceled the Chris Paul trade. Wouldn’t you?

John Walls Era
01-01-2012, 07:29 PM
Kahn isn't that big of an idiot. Maybe if the Lakers offered a PG... *kidding*

JNA17
01-01-2012, 07:34 PM
Not sure if I believe this but if true, I wouldn't be sure how i would feel about it. Kevin Love would have to actually play the way he's playing as a 2nd or 3rd option on a big market lakers team...

skoobiesnax69
01-01-2012, 07:35 PM
Extremely lopsided trade. Minni should never do that.

Cal827
01-01-2012, 07:36 PM
LOLwhat?

Green_Monster
01-01-2012, 07:37 PM
No way Minni would do that. There would have to be more pieces.

Yankee Clipper
01-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Wouldn't be a good one for Minnesota. Love has more upside in his career at this point compared to Gasol.

Hawkeye15
01-01-2012, 07:39 PM
First off, contract wise, Minnesota would have had to send another player, even if Love signed an extension.

Anyways, thank god the Wolves said no. Gasol is 31. Love 23. It can be argued at this point that Love is possibly as good, and if he isn't, he will be as good and better soon.

DLCK
01-01-2012, 07:43 PM
I agree its not in the best interest for MIN to make that trade but lets not exaggerate it wouldnt be a lopsided trade.

TheRazorboy
01-01-2012, 07:44 PM
If true, I'm sure Kahn laughed and hung up.

John Walls Era
01-01-2012, 07:44 PM
If Minni had to win in 2 years, I'd do it. But Love is going to be so good.

rwynyc
01-01-2012, 07:49 PM
The lakers have been ripping teams off for so long they are really starting to get delusional on what a fair trade is

KnicksR4Real
Hahaha the lakers make me laugh sometimes

Hawkeye15
I agree its not in the best interest for MIN to make that trade but lets not exaggerate it wouldnt be a lopsided trade.

nah, its not lopsided, it just doesn't make sense considering where the Wolves are, that's all. By the time Rubio, Williams, and whomever else is hitting their prime, Gasol will be 34-35 years old, while Love will be in his absolute prime at 27.

BKLYNpigeon
Minny would be a better team with Gasol.

Hawkeye15
01-01-2012, 07:50 PM

right now. And they may even sneak into the playoffs, and get killed. But in 3 years, when Love is far better than Gasol, how does that help when Rubio/Williams are in their primes?

TheRazorboy
01-01-2012, 07:51 PM

Immediately? Yes, marginally so. In the not too far away future? Certainly not.

lavilevi23
01-01-2012, 08:00 PM
bad trade for the Wolves only cuze Love is a lot younger

Wade>You
01-01-2012, 08:02 PM
For the first time, Khan is the one laughing.

DLCK
01-01-2012, 08:10 PM
nah, its not lopsided, it just doesn't make sense considering where the Wolves are, that's all. By the time Rubio, Williams, and whomever else is hitting their prime, Gasol will be 34-35 years old, while Love will be in his absolute prime at 27.

this

i 100% agree .thx for being realistic

MagicBucsSox
01-01-2012, 08:15 PM
All the lakers do is offer dumb trades hoping some a-hole gm accepts it, or Jerry west give them another Kwame favor. But refuse to trade Bynum for Melo/Garnett

CaptainClutch
01-01-2012, 08:19 PM
Wow?! Even my 6 year old cousin would know to reject that offer

Gram
01-01-2012, 08:19 PM
Why do the Lakers and their fans think everyone wants Gasol?

naps
01-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Lakers can only dream. They think they will get another Gasolesque gift (that netted in two championships). Not happening. Two/Three Gasols might make the Minny GM think about it. Love is only 23 and sky is the limit.

Indi23
01-01-2012, 08:22 PM
^Boggles my mind. It really does surprise me how they over value their players.

Cano-Montero...
01-01-2012, 08:28 PM
only way I see minny doing this if they dont want to resign love to a long term deal..

DLCK
01-01-2012, 08:36 PM
^Boggles my mind. It really does surprise me how they over value their players.

I dont get how anyone is saying this or applying this. But i get the all around hate for the Lakers.But must we lose all sense of reality. Gasol yes is 31 .But he is a top2 PF in this league and top 10 Pf of all time.This trade doesnt make sense for minny.But the talent level is quite even or even in favor of Gasol.Love is a horrible shooter and doesnt block shots his positional defense is barely par.But thats where ill leave that discussion.Both players have their strengths and weaknesses but if anyone is over valuing their players its MINNY fans.AND AGAIN MY STANCE IS THIS TRADE FAVORS LA NOT MINNY. ITS JUST NOT A LOPSIDED TRADE>

CousinsEvansDUO
01-01-2012, 08:47 PM
Loves rebounding alone makes him better than gasol. Then you factor in the age difference, loves 3point shooting, his movement without the ball and his experience in minny and everything else, makes this an incredibly lop sided trade. Lakers are idiots, nobody should ever trade with them because they don't know how to trade fairly.

Gram
01-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Loves rebounding alone makes him better than gasol. Then you factor in the age difference, loves 3point shooting, his movement without the ball and his experience in minny and everything else, makes this an incredibly lop sided trade. Lakers are idiots, nobody should ever trade with them because they don't know how to trade fairly.

You forgot to mention in your post how Cousins is so much better than both a them.

AddiX
01-01-2012, 09:21 PM
I think the lakers new inexperienced front office is showing itself to be just that. This entire off season was completely opposite of what we have come to expect from the lakers.

Hellcrooner
01-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Unless Khan knows something bout love not wanting to resign it would make no sense.

BUT i think Wolves is a good facilitator for a three way in the coveted Howard trade, in wich wolves keep rubio and love and ADD gasol, flipping young pieces to orlando for dwight.

Fly
01-01-2012, 09:32 PM
I dont get how anyone is saying this or applying this. But i get the all around hate for the Lakers.But must we lose all sense of reality. Gasol yes is 31 .But he is a top2 PF in this league and top 10 Pf of all time.This trade doesnt make sense for minny.But the talent level is quite even or even in favor of Gasol.Love is a horrible shooter and doesnt block shots his positional defense is barely par.But thats where ill leave that discussion.Both players have their strengths and weaknesses but if anyone is over valuing their players its MINNY fans.AND AGAIN MY STANCE IS THIS TRADE FAVORS LA NOT MINNY. ITS JUST NOT A LOPSIDED TRADE>

:laugh: This might be the most homerific post I've read in my time on PSD. Pau Gasol is NO WHERE near top 10 power forwards of all time. He is probably the 6th best power forward in the league right now. No one can take you seriously now. You just put Pau in the same category with Duncan, Malone, Barkely, Garnett, Nowitzki, Hayes, Rodman, etc. etc.

Hellcrooner
01-01-2012, 09:37 PM
:laugh: This might be the most homerific post I've read in my time on PSD. Pau Gasol is NO WHERE near top 10 power forwards of all time. He is probably the 6th best power forward in the league right now. No one can take you seriously now. You just put Pau in the same category with Duncan, Malone, Barkely, Garnett, Nowitzki, Hayes, Rodman, etc. etc.

yep he is better than them.

you can ARGUE pau as a top 10 pf all time.

theres a list bout 15 players long that can compete for those 10 positions.

Cronollogicaly ( more or less)

Pettit / Connie Hawkins/E hayes/M Lucas/B Mcaddoo/ K Mchale/L nance/ C Barkley/ Karl Malone/Rodman/C Webber/ Tim Duncan/ KG / Dirk / Pau

Fly
01-01-2012, 09:39 PM
There is absolutely no way in hell Pau is better than Rodman.

Hellcrooner
01-01-2012, 09:43 PM
There is absolutely no way in hell Pau is better than Rodman.

better defender ? NOPE
Better rebounder? NOpe

gasol better at EVERYTHING ELSE? definetly.

He is all around better , like it or not.

Fly
01-01-2012, 09:45 PM
Give me a hard-nosed great rebounding/defender at PF all day over a 7 footer that wants to play like a shooting guard.

Indi23
01-01-2012, 09:47 PM

I'm sorry If I offended you or any other laker fan who actually looks at the whole picture before resorting to homerism. However calling pau gasol a top 2 pf and a top 10 of all time .. Is utterly and entirely your opinion.

Indi23
01-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Calling pau a top 10 of all time is ridiculous .. A top 10 pf would be top 10 wether playing on any team, if he played in Memphis for his whole career he wouldn't be in this discussion. Kg on any team would go down as top 10 same with Duncan and also Malone.

Wade>You
01-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Sources act as a proxy for tampering.

Kevin Love's FA is coming up soon and the Lakers are hoping he runs across what this article had to say and decides to test FA by taking the qualifying offer. By then, the Lakers will have enough cap room and assets to go after him.

Minny had no plans to trade Love for Gasol, they're not stupid.

Cfrey
01-02-2012, 02:23 AM
This is laughable. I feel like punching anyone associated with the Lakers front office in the ****ing face. Get the **** out of here with that ****.

Gasol?? Da ****? That's just disrespectful.

Cfrey
01-02-2012, 02:24 AM
and if any trade were to be veto'd it would have to be that one

theheatles
01-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Lakers front office wreaks of arrogance

lilchuckdoubles
01-02-2012, 10:49 AM
I'm scared that the Lakers will try to get Love when he's a free agent. But he's restricted so we can match what ever offer the Lakers make right?

Hellcrooner
01-02-2012, 11:33 AM
I'm scared that the Lakers will try to get Love when he's a free agent. But he's restricted so we can match what ever offer the Lakers make right?

yep, but do you match a player tht does not want to stay or goes public bout wanting out? or yu make a sign and trade? thats the bad thing about rfa.

BKLYNpigeon
01-02-2012, 11:51 AM
Kevin Love can just become a Free Agent and sign anywhere he wants. he will get Max money from someone.

quade36
01-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Gasol is a top 10 PF when taking an analysis of PF post 2000.

Plus, if Love continues his path, Minny will surely offer him the Derek Rose clause contract and he'll get paid more play for the Timberwolves then anywhere else.

TragicallyHip
01-02-2012, 12:43 PM
I'm glad it didn't happen. I would have had to hate Love.

VikesTwinsWolve
01-02-2012, 05:30 PM
Kevin Love is not going anywhere boys so keep dreaming! :punish:

WolvesJagsOs
01-02-2012, 07:22 PM
yep, but do you match a player tht does not want to stay or goes public bout wanting out? or yu make a sign and trade? thats the bad thing about rfa.

Enough of this, honestly, it just gets annoying. Kevin Love wants to stay in Minnesota, he loves it here, he is just sick of not winning, and no one can blame him for that. But with Rubio emerging, while us having some nice young pieces as well as some solid veterans, and a franchise that looks to be on the up swing, i dont see why he would want to leave.

WolvesJagsOs
01-02-2012, 07:25 PM
Kevin Love can just become a Free Agent and sign anywhere he wants. he will get Max money from someone.

He is restricted bud, Wolves can match any offer if he doesnt sign an extension before Jan. 25th, which according to a beat writer up in Minneapolis, says he would be shocked if they didnt come to an agreement before than.

Marco22
01-02-2012, 07:47 PM
Lakers need to get themselves a point guard! Mitch wake up. Pete Vesey?

Hellcrooner
01-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Enough of this, honestly, it just gets annoying. Kevin Love wants to stay in Minnesota, he loves it here, he is just sick of not winning, and no one can blame him for that. But with Rubio emerging, while us having some nice young pieces as well as some solid veterans, and a franchise that looks to be on the up swing, i dont see why he would want to leave.

Ucla, beach boys family member ? good reasons :p

nah, hope he stays , but you never know.

Super.
01-02-2012, 09:28 PM
What is LA stupid or something?

310Casper
01-02-2012, 09:40 PM
This is laughable. I feel like punching anyone associated with the Lakers front office in the ****ing face. Get the **** out of here with that ****.

Gasol?? Da ****? That's just disrespectful.

All Star Top 5 power forward Pau Gasol.

Yea, how dare the Lakers offer him in a trade for Kevin Love :rolleyes:

You act as if this is so far-fetched, as if the Lakers offered Luke Walton for Kevin Love. idiot.

DLCK
01-04-2012, 10:49 PM
I'm sorry If I offended you or any other laker fan who actually looks at the whole picture before resorting to homerism. However calling pau gasol a top 2 pf and a top 10 of all time .. Is utterly and entirely your opinion.

Im entitled to my opinion and top 2 may very be homer. But to not say he isnt even in the discussion for top 10 alltime then you just have your hate glasses on.Ill say it to if Gasol took 4 more FGA a game and 5 more Fts a game im sure gasol would be averaging 25+ a game too. since hes a more efficient scorer and and light years ahead in shooting percentage .. But again this argument is moot. So who cares.