PDA

View Full Version : Can Russell Westbrook be a #1 Option in the NBA?

Fresno
01-01-2012, 05:38 PM
More specifically, can you build a team around Westbrook as your Franchise player and make the Playoffs?

For example the Elite PG's in the NBA like Rose, CP3,& D-Will you can build around as a Franchise player who can lead your team to the Playoffs. Steve Nash also could do so in Phoenix, although hes on the decline now.

So what about Westbrook?

Can he be a #1 Option who leads a team to the Playoffs or is he just a highly productive #2 Option that cant carry a team on his own?

CaptainClutch
01-01-2012, 05:44 PM
More specifically, can you build a team around Westbrook as your Franchise player and make the Playoffs?

For example the Elite PG's in the NBA like Rose, CP3,& D-Will you can build around as a Franchise player who can lead your team to the Playoffs. Steve Nash also could do so in Phoenix, although hes on the decline now.

So what about Westbrook?

Can he be a #1 Option who leads a team to the Playoffs or is he just a highly productive #2 Option that cant carry a team on his own?

Definitely an interesting topic to think about. From what I've seen with Westbrook playing with Durant, he seems like a first #2 option. I don't see anyone building around Russell but rather have him compliment a superstar.

I'd love to hear more thoughts and comments though. Good topic.

bucketss
01-01-2012, 05:47 PM
he can easily lead a team to the playoffs

llemon
01-01-2012, 05:53 PM
Make the playoffs, yes.

At this point in his career, however, he doesn't seem to have the leadership capabilities to take a team very far in the playoffs.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-01-2012, 05:54 PM
absolutely not

CaptainClutch
01-01-2012, 05:55 PM
he can easily lead a team to the playoffs

I completely agree on that note, however, I just don't think he can take that next step and really be that player who's going to bring all his teammates together and go to the Finals. You saw shades of that with him and Durant arguing. Obviously it's growing pains for these two young studs.

Kashmir13579
01-01-2012, 05:55 PM
I think in a few years, yes.

ManRam
01-01-2012, 05:56 PM
He'd be a better #1 than a #2...

Hustlenomics
01-01-2012, 05:57 PM
if you want to win a championship no if not then yes

Ezio
01-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Rondo, Brook swap :shrug:

DamnGoat
01-01-2012, 05:59 PM
He could definitely lead a team to the Playoffs, but I'm not convinced that he'd carry a team very far without a player like Durant to play off of. Just the threat of having Durant on the floor makes his life so much easier.

CaptainClutch
01-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Can you pose this same question towards Rajon Rondo?

icon1914
01-01-2012, 06:02 PM
I remember in the mid to late 90's I had a friend that claimed Marbury could be the number one option and score like Iverson at that time... I did not believe him... His point was that if Marbury was on a team where there was no Garnett, he would be the number one option and would strive because his quickness and athleticism.

Over the years Marbury has had the chance to be the number one, and most of the time, only option, on teams... but never came to close experiencing the limited success Iverson did....

Point is I'm sure Westbrook could be a #1 option on a team... but could he be an effective number #1 option.... I'm not so sure. Hopefully we will never know...

KnicksorBust
01-01-2012, 06:02 PM

So what about Westbrook?

Definately. He's just scratching the surface of his talent and he's already an all-star 20-8 PG with great defensive skills. I don't buy him as a elite #1 option but he can definately take a team to a 5-8 seed.

The only exception is if he was teamed with Dwight. Offensively, Westbrook would be the #1 scorer and those two would make a dynamic duo that could compete for a title.

Evolution23
01-01-2012, 06:05 PM
Yeah if you want a chucker on your team, he can be a good number 1 option?

Hawkeye15
01-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Make the playoffs, yes.

At this point in his career, however, he doesn't seem to have the leadership capabilities to take a team very far in the playoffs.

I tend to agree with this statement regarding Westbrook.

Trueblue2
01-01-2012, 06:28 PM
He can be the #1 and lead his team to the playoffs, but his team wouldn't have playoff success without a legit #2 or #3 option.

bovice163
01-01-2012, 06:42 PM
He could produce as a #1 option, but he really isn't the type of player you want to build around. I feel like Westy is missing those intangibles or leadership qualities that true superstars have like Durant, Kobe, and Wade and others have. I get the feeling he would be a ball hog and take bad shots early into the shot clock like he has been with KD. If he learns patience and how to play under control, then he may be someone to build around in the future.

Ty Fast
01-01-2012, 07:51 PM
not a championship team

KnicksR4Real
01-01-2012, 07:58 PM
He can be. But is he the ideal number 1 option? No.

Greet
01-01-2012, 08:08 PM
He needs to mature more.

hugepatsfan
01-01-2012, 08:26 PM
As a #1 he can lead a team to a bottom seed and a first round exit. To go further, he'd need a great supporting cast.

Westbrook
Ray Allen
Iggy
Love
Noah

I think that's the type of starting 5 he needs to play w/. Westy isn't a creator from what I've seen (his assist #s are not bad, but assist #s =/= creating offense for others necessarily). Iggy can bring some of that. Ray Allen brings a guy that can be used off ball, because w/ Iggy and Westy, they'd have the ball a lot.

Noah is a big guy that can defend and run the floor w/ Westy. Love gets the points inside and his jump shot helps w/ floor spacing (because Westy and Iggy are not all that great at the 3 ball).

That's a lineup I think he could thrive in and still be the #1 option. Ideally though, he's not a #1.

KnicksorBust
01-01-2012, 08:29 PM
As a #1 he can lead a team to a bottom seed and a first round exit. To go further, he'd need a great supporting cast.

Westbrook
Ray Allen
Iggy
Love
Noah

I think that's the type of starting 5 he needs to play w/. Westy isn't a creator from what I've seen (his assist #s are not bad, but assist #s =/= creating offense for others necessarily). Iggy can bring some of that. Ray Allen brings a guy that can be used off ball, because w/ Iggy and Westy, they'd have the ball a lot.

Noah is a big guy that can defend and run the floor w/ Westy. Love gets the points inside and his jump shot helps w/ floor spacing (because Westy and Iggy are not all that great at the 3 ball).

That's a lineup I think he could thrive in and still be the #1 option. Ideally though, he's not a #1.

I don't think his team would need to be THAT stacked for him to go deep in the playoffs. That's an extreme sample. You gotta admit though, it's funny to see a 4-0 team dealing with this much noise from the media. It shows you that it's really not going away. They will always be on Westbrook's nuts when he blows a game and doesn't defer to Durant.

Sixerlover
01-01-2012, 08:34 PM

Westbrook
Ray Allen
Iggy
Love
Noah

:laugh2:

That is pretty extreme, you basically gave Russ 4 top 5 players at their respective positions.

But yes, he can definitely be a #1 option and lead a team to the playoffs. Title contender completely depends on the interior presence, but with him as your primary perimeter scorer, you could definitely make the postseason.

Iman>mj
01-01-2012, 08:47 PM
absolutely, hes a better player than drose.

Iman>mj
01-01-2012, 08:50 PM

Westbrook
Ray Allen
Iggy
Love
Noah

lmao put any capable pg on that team and they are contenders hahaha.

justinnum1
01-01-2012, 10:27 PM
No

^lol

ChiSox219
01-01-2012, 11:30 PM
Absolutely

Birdmannn
01-01-2012, 11:53 PM
I am almost positive if he replaced Rose there would be no difference.
So to answer your question he can definitely be a 1# option on a play off team. Not a championship team thou.

Lakeshow24KB
01-01-2012, 11:57 PM
He would have to mature a bit. I mean there's no doubt that the kid is one of the most talented, but his leadership is questionable. In a year or two he will mature.

Swashcuff
01-02-2012, 12:03 AM
Yes I mean seriously he is a better offensive player than anyone on my 76ers and though our team is predicated on balance having a player like Lou Williams (our chucker) be successful only going to prove that a player of that type could actually be quite dangerous playing with us, also helping improve our team in basically every facet (especially his clutch scoring ability).

Bullsfan22
01-02-2012, 12:10 AM
Yes, he can be a number 1 option. I think if he ever gets the chance to be the man, he'll take it to heart and grow more as a player/leader.

On the other hand, having Kevin Durant on your team opens a lot of driving lanes and easy buckets. And he's not the most efficient guy as it is. I think PSD treats Russ like the the red headed step child and glorifies KD, just my opinion. This thread wont be that favorible to him.

One things for sure is he would do better than Rondo would as a #1.

kylem4711
01-02-2012, 12:29 AM
no, and i dont think its very close

Swashcuff
01-02-2012, 12:39 AM
Can someone saying no please explain their reasoning?

The nos double the yeses and we really haven't seen anyone say why they think he can't. Seriously outside of intangible value what makes Rose THAT much better of a #1 option that he'd be able to lead a team to the best record in the league but Westbrook a top 15 player in the league not be able to.

Bishnoff
01-02-2012, 12:44 AM
I remember in the mid to late 90's I had a friend that claimed Marbury could be the number one option and score like Iverson at that time... I did not believe him... His point was that if Marbury was on a team where there was no Garnett, he would be the number one option and would strive because his quickness and athleticism.

Over the years Marbury has had the chance to be the number one, and most of the time, only option, on teams... but never came to close experiencing the limited success Iverson did....

Point is I'm sure Westbrook could be a #1 option on a team... but could he be an effective number #1 option.... I'm not so sure. Hopefully we will never know...

^ This.

DR_1
01-02-2012, 12:46 AM
He'd be a better #1 than a #2...

I actually agree with this. Westy could be Rose-esque if he could get a team that complimented his strength, scoring. Same thing for guys like Steph Curry.

Bishnoff
01-02-2012, 12:56 AM

The nos double the yeses and we really haven't seen anyone say why they think he can't. Seriously outside of intangible value what makes Rose THAT much better of a #1 option that he'd be able to lead a team to the best record in the league but Westbrook a top 15 player in the league not be able to.

Before the 10/11 season I found it hard to distinguish between Rose and Westbrook but now I'd say that Rose has developed into a more "total" player. Rose can score so many different ways and has a much better shot. Rose appears to be much more mature than Westbrook and has handled being the next big hope in Chicago extremely well so far.

I generally don't like the concept of building around a "score first" PG, but Chicago seems to have done a good job finding the right supporting cast for Rose. I believe that it would be more difficult to cover Westbrook's shortcomings and I have concerns as to whether he can be a leader. It's not a good sign when he ignores his teammates comments on-court, and has arguments with teammates on the bench.

Personally, if the Suns could choose between signing Westbrook or Harden to kick start our rebuilding process, I'd choose Harden. I'm not saying that Harden is a #1 option, but he's a much easier player to build around.

Fresno
01-02-2012, 12:57 AM
I actually agree with this. Westy could be Rose-esque if he could get a team that complimented his strength, scoring. Same thing for guys like Steph Curry.

Curry isnt in the same realm as Rose or even Westbrook as far as being a scorer who can dominate a game due to the ability to consistently get in the lane & get to the basket.

Curry's a great shooter who can be a good #2 option, but hes not a guy you want in the NBA to be your go to scorer on important possessions. Hence, why Monta plays that role.

Swashcuff
01-02-2012, 01:04 AM
Before the 10/11 season I found it hard to distinguish between Rose and Westbrook but now I'd say that Rose has developed into a more "total" player. Rose can score so many different ways and has a much better shot. Rose appears to be much more mature than Westbrook and has handled being the next big hope in Chicago extremely well so far.

I generally don't like the concept of building around a "score first" PG, but Chicago seems to have done a good job finding the right supporting cast for Rose. I believe that it would be more difficult to cover Westbrook's shortcomings and I have concerns as to whether he can be a leader. It's not a good sign when he ignores his teammates comments on-court, and has arguments with teammates on the bench.

Outside of the scoring in different ways all of what you said here bodes to intangible worth. So my point is is being able to score in different ways really such a huge factor in Rose getting say 20+ more wins than Westbrook would get with that Bulls team (hypothetical). I mean that's essentially what those that are saying no are saying. That if placed on a team such as the Bulls Westbrook wouldn't be able to even make the post season.

In terms of total player could you explain a bit more please. Again if we're speaking intangible worth then I don't think you need to because I know where you're coming from but if we're talking production I'd say they are near equals.

*Silver&Black*
01-02-2012, 03:33 AM
Russell Westbrook = if Joe Johnson was a PG. And even then, Joe Johnson and Kevin Durant might have more success together.

Shammyguy3
01-02-2012, 03:43 AM
Yes, to both. Westbrook can be a #1 option, and easily lead a team to the playoffs. I can see him winning in the playoffs too as the #1 guy, but sadly... he'll have to have a very good post player as his #2 then. I don't ever see him winning a ring unless he has Durant to his right every game though. He could, but I don't ever see him becoming efficient enough and knowing when to shoot or pass.

But, if i was a GM... i'd definitely attempt to build around him as my #1 if i had the chance.

Shammyguy3
01-02-2012, 03:45 AM

Westbrook isn't top-15. In order to lead a team the way Rose did, he needs to become a smarter player. A more efficient scorer, and take control of the ball better.

SportsAndrew25
01-02-2012, 04:26 AM
He is a solid player but I would not consider him to be a leader.

PrettyBoyJ
01-02-2012, 04:48 AM
Idk if we're watching the same Westbook.. Yeah he's young but his decision making is bad, his shot selection is bad, and he's an average play maker.. I think James Harden is a better play maker then Westbrook.. Building a team around him as your first option wouldn't get you far..

PrettyBoyJ
01-02-2012, 04:54 AM
Russell Westbrook = if Joe Johnson was a PG. And even then, Joe Johnson and Kevin Durant might have more success together.

That's a bad comparison.. Even tho Joe fell off the past 2 years his game is more complete then Westbrook.. Better offensive arsenal, more efficient, and is an underrated play maker.. Westbrook still has a lot of things to work on to be on the level of Joe and that's not saying much..

Sportfan
01-02-2012, 10:51 AM
Yes, he can be a number 1 option. I think if he ever gets the chance to be the man, he'll take it to heart and grow more as a player/leader.

On the other hand, having Kevin Durant on your team opens a lot of driving lanes and easy buckets. And he's not the most efficient guy as it is. I think PSD treats Russ like the the red headed step child and glorifies KD, just my opinion. This thread wont be that favorible to him.

One things for sure is he would do better than Rondo would as a #1.
Rondo almost knocked off the Heat and Knicks being the #1 option and having freaking Sasha Palvocic and Jermaine O'Neal in the starting lineup. Rondo's having a terrific season so far, much better than Westy, he's looking like a top 3 PG this season

I'd rather build around Stephen Curry than Russell Westbrook just sayin

Swashcuff
01-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Westbrook isn't top-15. In order to lead a team the way Rose did, he needs to become a smarter player. A more efficient scorer, and take control of the ball better.

Last season he absolutely was. How soon do we forget, there were actually stretches last season where he outplayed Kevin Durant in all facets of the game. By no means is he better than KD but he's certainly on Carmelo's level and Melo is easily top 15 IMO.

Evolution23
01-02-2012, 11:55 AM
I am almost positive if he replaced Rose there would be no difference.
So to answer your question he can definitely be a 1# option on a play off team. Not a championship team thou.

lol really? Rose makes it a habit to take responsibility for his team's failiure and success. Even if his teamates suck, Rose takes the blame for it. He is a leader and a much better overall player. Rose is more mature and keeps getting better every year. Westbrook still has a long way to go before he is considered to be on Rose's level. The only thing they have in common is similar athletic ability and playing style.

ramz.n
01-02-2012, 12:01 PM
he definitely can be a number 1 option..its just his decision making that needs alot of work..he may put up alot of shots..but they guy averages over 7 assist in his career..people may factor in durant for his success but hes still very young and can still grow as a point guard.

Corey
01-02-2012, 12:12 PM
Russell Westbrook = if Joe Johnson was a PG.

I dont think that comparison makes any sense, they're completely different players.

Sixerlover
01-02-2012, 12:44 PM
lol really? Rose makes it a habit to take responsibility for his team's failiure and success. Even if his teamates suck, Rose takes the blame for it. He is a leader and a much better overall player. Rose is more mature and keeps getting better every year. Westbrook still has a long way to go before he is considered to be on Rose's level. The only thing they have in common is similar athletic ability and playing style.

I don't think he's a "much better overall player". Honestly, I think public perception of the two has a lot to do with how people are now perceiving their on court talent and production. Not to pick on you, but in your first sentence for example you said
Rose makes it a habit to take responsibility for his team's failiure and success. Even if his teamates suck, Rose takes the blame for it.

That alone tells me that your a fan of Rose's attitude and leadership off the court, so that spills into your analysis of his game on the court. Not just you, it's happen to the majority of the fans and analysis out there.

Russell and Derrick defensively are equal. Russ is currently having a very bad offensive streak (last 2 or 3 games) but before that was typical Westbrook, and drew no criticism at all. He can lead a team.

Bullsfan22
01-02-2012, 01:11 PM
Rondo almost knocked off the Heat and Knicks being the #1 option and having freaking Sasha Palvocic and Jermaine O'Neal in the starting lineup. Rondo's having a terrific season so far, much better than Westy, he's looking like a top 3 PG this season

I'd rather build around Stephen Curry than Russell Westbrook just sayin

I didn't mean to slight Rondo in anyway I feel Westbrook's physical tools can allow him to turn into a better player. You can learn how to take better shots and take care of the ball. Rondo on the other hand won't grow two inches and become along with Rose the most physically imposing guard in the league.

Stephen Curry on the other hand can score and shot. I'm actually very high on Curry but he needs to improve his Defense and stay healthy.

If I had to choose a player that is most fit to start a franchise around and be the number one option it's westbrook over Rondo and Stephen. This is just my opinion, not law.

Hustlenomics
01-02-2012, 01:15 PM
Bulls fans are saying yes because Westbrook is very similar to derrick rose

Bullsfan22
01-02-2012, 01:23 PM
Bulls fans are saying yes because Westbrook is very similar to derrick rose

Isn't that a good reason? If not, explain why it's a bad thought process?

ChiSox219
01-02-2012, 01:25 PM
Rose is better than Westbrook and the gap is growing.

Someone mentioned Steph Curry, i think Westbrook is much better and id rather build around him. That said, if you replace RW with Curry, OKC is probably a better team so it definitely depends on the cast.

MrfadeawayJB
01-02-2012, 01:25 PM
He can be a #1 on a team that does not make the playoffs

Swashcuff
01-02-2012, 01:44 PM
He can be a #1 on a team that does not make the playoffs

Right now Lou Williams is the 76ers #1 option. Westbrook is light years ahead of Lou. Hell Westbrook is better than both Gay and Randolph but the Grizz made some serious noise last post season regardless. How exactly is he a #1 on a none playoff team then?

jezzyman05
01-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Ask yourself this question name the last Scoring PG to lead thier team to the title?

Magic Johnson was close in 1988-1989

Allen Iverson was close as well

Tony Parker took over the last 15 games and all of the 2007 playoffs

IMHO Scoring PG's have not done it in the past 30 years and I don't see that happening, now back to Westbrook he lacks the leadership to lead a franchise, Russell Westbrook may think he can but he overlooks the facts that Kevin Durant is on his team and honestly I can average 20 ppg 7apg if Durant was my teammate, no disrespect toWestbrook but Durant is that good.

Swashcuff
01-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Isn't that a good reason? If not, explain why it's a bad thought process?

Know what's funny, he's one of the biggest A.I. homers around. Westbrook is in many ways similar to Allen Iverson and A.I. was the history of the shot clock era to lead a team to the NBA finals with no other player on his roster averaging over 12 ppg so if he says no I'd really like to hear his reasoning.

Hustlenomics
01-02-2012, 01:49 PM
Know what's funny, he's one of the biggest A.I. homers around. Westbrook is in many ways similar to Allen Iverson and A.I. was the history of the shot clock era to lead a team to the NBA finals with no other player on his roster averaging over 12 ppg so if he says no I'd really like to hear his reasoning.

AI is Ai. Westbrook isn't him

Swashcuff
01-02-2012, 01:50 PM
Ask yourself this question name the last Scoring PG to lead thier team to the title?

Magic Johnson was close in 1988-1989

Allen Iverson was close as well

Tony Parker took over the last 15 games and all of the 2007 playoffs

IMHO Scoring PG's have not done it in the past 30 years and I don't see that happening, now back to Westbrook he lacks the leadership to lead a franchise, Russell Westbrook may think he can but he overlooks the facts that Kevin Durant is on his team and honestly I can average 20 ppg 7apg if Durant was my teammate, no disrespect toWestbrook but Durant is that good.

When was the last time a scoring SF lead a team to a title? Yeah it's just as rare as a scoring PG.

Though scoring PGs haven't been able to lead a team to a title recently throughout the history of the game it has happened quite frequently.

I honestly think Kevin Durant benefits from playing alongside Westbrook in the very same way Westbrook benefits from playing alongside him. They make one anothers job so much easier. May not have the very best chemistry but when they are meshing it's really harder to decipher who is better than whom at times.

dtmagnet
01-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Absolutely, if you think Rose can then so can Westbrook.

Swashcuff
01-02-2012, 01:54 PM
AI is Ai. Westbrook isn't him

However the concept still stands Westbrook is similar to Derrick Rose who is similar to Allen Iverson in the sense that he was able to lead a team with very little offensive help to one of the best record in their conference. So basically if you think A.I. could take a team as far as he did then by that notion you'd also think that a player similar to him can lead a team to the post season at the very least.

Hustlenomics
01-02-2012, 02:03 PM
However the concept still stands Westbrook is similar to Derrick Rose who is similar to Allen Iverson in the sense that he was able to lead a team with very little offensive help to one of the best record in their conference. So basically if you think A.I. could take a team as far as he did then by that notion you'd also think that a player similar to him can lead a team to the post season at the very least.

deng and boozer are good offensively and korver shoots lights out way different situations. BUT i did say Westbrook could be a number # 1 option on a team i just doubt they'll win a championship

Swashcuff
01-02-2012, 02:19 PM
deng and boozer are good offensively and korver shoots lights out way different situations. BUT i did say Westbrook could be a number # 1 option on a team i just doubt they'll win a championship

Do you realize who you're talking to?

Hustlenomics
01-02-2012, 02:25 PM
Do you realize who you're talking to?

a 76er fan that knows Rose had more help offensively than AI

jezzyman05
01-02-2012, 02:32 PM
When was the last time a scoring SF lead a team to a title? Yeah it's just as rare as a scoring PG.

Though scoring PGs haven't been able to lead a team to a title recently throughout the history of the game it has happened quite frequently.

I honestly think Kevin Durant benefits from playing alongside Westbrook in the very same way Westbrook benefits from playing alongside him. They make one anothers job so much easier. May not have the very best chemistry but when they are meshing it's really harder to decipher who is better than whom at times.

I completey agree and yes the same goes for SF and I would have brough up that point if this was a debate about a SF anyways I agree completely

Swashcuff
01-02-2012, 02:41 PM
a 76er fan that knows Rose had more help offensively than AI

Cool so you really don't need to tell me that. Point being is that Rose was the leader of his squad like A.I. was to his. The thread isn't about casts its about the player's capacity as his team's best player. If you give Westbrook Rose's supporting cast they are still going to make the post season and win near 50 games maybe even more.

jezzyman05
01-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Absolutely, if you think Rose can then so can Westbrook.

NO way Westbrok and Derrick Rose are completely different.....

1. Derrick Rose is a better player, and a better scoring PG than Russell Westbrook, Rose shoots the ball better draws way more fouls and shoots FT's wayyy better than Westbrook these are important for down the stretch in game and more so in the playoffs.

2. Derek Rose dosen't chuck shots, Derek is smarter with the ball westbrook being the second scoring option on the thunder turns the ball more than Rose..

3. Derrick Rose dose a better creating shots for his teammates because it's just him, Westbrook has Durant.....

I can go on and on but at the end of the day Derrick is a better scoring guard than Westbrook, even if you swap both players the bulls would not be as effective than with rose on he bulls, Westbrook is the perect #2 guy sorry Russ just shut up run the offense and when Kevin is in the weeds then you can come bail him out

Swashcuff
01-02-2012, 02:47 PM

1. Derrick Rose is a better player, and a better scoring PG than Russell Westbrook, Roe shoots the ball better draws way more fouls and shoots FT's wayyy better than Westbrook these are important for down.

2. Derek Rose dosen't chuck shots, Derek is smarter with the ball westbrook being the second scoring option on the thunder turns the ball more than Rose..

3. Derrick Rose dose a better creating shots for his teammates because it's just him, Westbrook has Durant.....

I can go on and on but at the end of the day Derrick is a better scoring guard than Westbrook

Replace Rose with Westbrook are they a playoff team?

Hustlenomics
01-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Paul pierce wasn't a scoring SF when he got finals MVP?

Swashcuff
01-02-2012, 02:51 PM
Paul pierce wasn't a scoring SF when he got finals MVP?

Prior to Peirce who was the last to get it done? Though I'd still say Garnett was the Celts best player that year I can concede the fact that Peirce was indeed their leader on offense in the regular season (though KG scored at a higher rate than he did) something that changed in the playoffs up until the Finals came around.

*Silver&Black*
01-02-2012, 03:26 PM
I dont think that comparison makes any sense, they're completely different players.

Not comparing the player's games (Joe is obviously the better all-around player). I'm saying Westbrook is that All-star player that barely reaches that #1 option, yet can't take a team to a title as the #1. Joe is the perfect example. You could throw Melo in there too. In the past, Vince Carter, T-Mac. You get what I'm saying?

Baller1
01-02-2012, 08:01 PM

1. Derrick Rose is a better player, and a better scoring PG than Russell Westbrook, Rose shoots the ball better draws way more fouls and shoots FT's wayyy better than Westbrook these are important for down the stretch in game and more so in the playoffs.

I can go on and on but at the end of the day Derrick is a better scoring guard than Westbrook, even if you swap both players the bulls would not be as effective than with rose on he bulls, Westbrook is the perect #2 guy sorry Russ just shut up run the offense and when Kevin is in the weeds then you can come bail him out

Do you even know what you're talking about?

The gap has closed, but Westbrook is better at drawing fouls AND shooting free throws. Derrick Rose is the better player, but I had to chime in here because what you said there was complete ********.