PDA

View Full Version : Andrei Kirilenko to stay in The Mother Country

Iodine
01-01-2012, 05:36 PM
From rotoworld

Andrei Kirilenko will finish the season with his Russian team CSKA Moscow according to the team.
Well there you have it. Kirilenko told reporters that he didn't feel it was right to leave his team midseason.

from Rant sports
http://www.rantsports.com/blog/2011/12/31/andrei-kirilenko-to-stay-in-russia-for-remainder-of-the-season/

Thoughts, comments, Bueller?

Fresno
01-01-2012, 05:40 PM
When does their season end?

If it ends in March/April he can always sign with a contender once their season ends in Russia, much like the players who went to Europe & China.

CaptainClutch
01-01-2012, 05:43 PM
The Nets were supposedly in 'serious talks' with AK47. He would have been a great starting SF for us.

Iodine
01-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Early May and that doesnt factor in if they have any tourny play.

I doubt he signs with a contender after that though

CaptainClutch
01-01-2012, 06:01 PM
Early May and that doesnt factor in if they have any tourny play.

I doubt he signs with a contender after that though

I definitely see him back in the NBA next year though

KnicksorBust
01-01-2012, 06:05 PM
Good for him. I always feel like his bloated contract gave him a bad wrap. As recently as a few seasons ago he was still one of the most unique and talented players in the game.

CaptainClutch
01-01-2012, 06:19 PM
Good for him. I always feel like his bloated contract gave him a bad wrap. As recently as a few seasons ago he was still one of the most unique and talented players in the game.

Guy has a tremendous wingspan. Someone in the NBA will recognize he still has a decent amount left in the tank to really bring a defensive presence and intangibles in the NBA

D-Will4Prez
01-01-2012, 10:37 PM
AK is still a good player, his defense is still good, and while his stat line might not be what it once was, it's his off-ball stuff helps the team more than anything else. The Jazz are missing him more than anything right now. I'd love to get him back in Utah next year. His health is still a question however.

NYKalltheway
01-02-2012, 12:31 PM
When does their season end?

If it ends in March/April he can always sign with a contender once their season ends in Russia, much like the players who went to Europe & China.

Season ends in June.

asandhu23
01-02-2012, 12:35 PM
#insertcoldwarjoke

Kakaroach
01-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Season ends in June. Ouch, he won't be back this year at all then. I didn't expect him to resign with the Jazz anyway, but he must really love it in his home country.