PDA

View Full Version : Curry Switching Shoes to Address Ankle

MackShock
12-31-2011, 07:36 PM
Warriors point guard Stephen Curry has had a troublesome right ankle for more than a year now. He tweaked it most recently against Chicago on Monday and sat out the next game against New York.

On Thursday he said on Twitter Ö ďThanks to Nike Basketball for helping me out with the shoe game. Going to get that ankle strong and 100 percent.Ē

Hereís Curry from after practice on Friday, talking about changing his shoes and using a different taping technique, among other ankle-related subjects:

Question: Can you elaborate on Thursdayís Tweet?

Stephen Curry: I took a day trip to Portland yesterday to get in the lab and see if thereís something about the shoes I was wearing. Maybe they didnít fit my foot right or something. Maybe there was something we could put in my shoe to make sure I donít turn my ankle to the outside because I naturally have that rotation.

And so theyíre still analyzing all the data that we collected, and I changed to a different style of Nikes for tomorrow. Hopefully, that will help and I think weíve found a fit to avoid those injuries.

Question: Whatís the new one?

Stephen Curry: Itís called the Brave, the Hyperbrave. Itís a little lower and a little wider on my foot and it fits to my foot a little better than the ones I had been wearing.

Question: And you were wearing Hyperdunks before?

Stephen Curry: That one and another one called the Hyperlearners. Theyíre still great shoes. Nike. But with my foot it didnít fit right and being secure on the floor is of the utmost importance right now.

Question: Whatís the new taping routine?

Stephen Curry: Like Iíve done before, Iíve done taping and bracing to give it extra security. I donít want it to be too tight where Iím not able to make the moves Iím normally making or it changes the mechanics of my jump shot. Because all that starts at the feet and works its way up.

Iím using a different style of tape and kind of anchoring it a little more so it naturally rolls in, so Iím not more prone to rolling my ankle to the outside if Iím running straight-ahead or making a cut or a move or something like that. I think it will work.Ē

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/warriors-talk/post/Addressing-ankle-Curry-will-change-shoes?blockID=622018&feedID=2799

MackShock
12-31-2011, 07:38 PM
Hmmm..hopefully this works..although I'm not too sure what a difference shoes make. Make more sense that the taping technique would make more of a difference.

MackShock
12-31-2011, 07:39 PM
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/warriors-talk/post/Rescue-Nikes-set-for-Curry-to-test-ankle?blockID=622454&feedID=2799

Check this article and picture out too...Looks like less ankle support in my opinion.

Warriors4lyfe12
12-31-2011, 07:49 PM
Honestly, he should stop going for style. He could just slap on a pair of old school chucks, high tops, tape that **** and he has ultimate support.

MackShock
12-31-2011, 07:51 PM
lol..chucks have no support whatsoever..even the high tops