PDA

View Full Version : GT: Winter Classic!

jetsfan89
12-31-2011, 04:21 PM
(23-9-4)http://a.espncdn.com/i/teamlogos/nhl/lrg/trans/nyr.gif (http://rangers.nhl.com/)..............http://a.espncdn.com/i/teamlogos/nhl/lrg/trans/phi.gif (http://flyers.nhl.com/)(22-10-4)

Date: January 2nd, 2012
Time: 3:00 PM

http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2011/12/29/Flyers-Rangers-spices-up-Winter-Classic-D5PDRSI-x-large.jpg

Lineup

New York Rangers

http://pics.forecaster.ca/nhl-player/5958.gif http://pics.forecaster.ca/nhl-player/6917.gif http://pics.forecaster.ca/nhl-player/2096.gif http://pics.forecaster.ca/nhl-player/6209.gif http://pics.forecaster.ca/nhl-player/5546.gif
Artem Anisimov---Derek Stepan---Marian Gaborik---Ryan McDonagh---Dan Girardi

vs

Philadelphia Flyers

http://pics.forecaster.ca/nhl-player/2167.gif http://pics.forecaster.ca/nhl-player/5703.gif http://pics.forecaster.ca/nhl-player/0343.gif http://pics.forecaster.ca/nhl-player/0123.gif http://pics.forecaster.ca/nhl-player/2839.gif
Scott Hartnell---Claude Giroux---Jaromir Jagr---Kimmo Timonen---Braydon Coburn

STARTING GOALIES

http://pics.forecaster.ca/nhl-player/6354.gif
Sergei Bobrovsky

GP: 14 | W: 8 | L: 2 | OT: 1 | SV% .914 | GAA: 2.52 | SO: 0

http://pics.forecaster.ca/nhl-player/2585.gif
Henrik Lundqvist

GP: 27 | W: 16 | L: 7 | OT: 4 | SV% .937 | GAA: 1.91 | SO: 3

STATS

Rangers

Goals: Marian Gaborik | 22
Assists: Stepan/Del Zotto | 17
+/-: Michael Del Zotto | +25
Hits: Ryan Callahan | 120
Blocks: Dan Girardi | 91
PIM: Brandon Prust | 71
FO%: Brian Boyle | 50.9

Flyers

Goals: Hartnell/Giroux | 17
Assists: Claude Giroux | 28
+/-: Scott Hartnell | +21
Hits: Andrej Meszaros | 87
Blocks: Matt Carle | 73
PIM: Zac Rinaldo | 110
FO%: Claude Giroux | 50.9

Garden Faithful
12-31-2011, 05:54 PM
It's a pretty fun game to watch right now, especially with Kasper throwing a hit earlier which was funny. Cool to see Gresh, Gartner, and Dougay playing since I never got to see them .

IAmARanger18
01-01-2012, 07:40 PM
Game pushed back to 3 PM tomorrow!

nyteamsports09
01-01-2012, 11:52 PM
Cannot wait!!...got some time off so I'm here in PA Sec 422 Tomorrow!!

PUGS1688
01-02-2012, 02:24 AM
Can't wait for this! Rangers better win!

Randall Stevens
01-02-2012, 11:03 AM
sup Ranger fans.

hope its a good game and nobody gets injuries to their roster!

go flyers!

NYRFan76
01-02-2012, 01:35 PM
Bring on the Flyers!!! It'll be a Classic to the Classic! :)

Garden Faithful
01-02-2012, 01:56 PM
Staal is in the game today on the third pair, not major minutes and not sure who's not in probably Woywitka.

NYR_NYJ
01-02-2012, 02:36 PM
McD had the Flu he could be out, great to hear Staal is in.

J4KOP99
01-02-2012, 02:45 PM
He is Risen!

Staal is back... let's see how he looks.

oak2455
01-02-2012, 02:51 PM
Hope he stays healthy

jon32
01-02-2012, 03:48 PM
godamn its almost time....this is gonna be the best one yet

ShadyOne
01-02-2012, 07:03 PM
Great win!!!!

Even though the Refs tried to take it away, and ruin the game with some very questionable calls at the end..

Just thinking back to that infamous "tough guy" Thornton talking about how "soft" this team was..

nyanks79
01-02-2012, 07:09 PM
Great win. Staal looked good too. And even past the whole winter classic, big 2 points and 4 point lead in the division. **** Hartnell also.

NYR_NYJ
01-02-2012, 07:14 PM
Couldn't believe the refs at the end of this game. They were bad for both teams.

Great win either way, huge 2 PTs

NYY09
01-02-2012, 07:16 PM
I didnt catch the first two periods but the officiating was a joke in the 3rd. I've never seen such a blatant attempt to help a team by the officials, just awful. I'd love to see Torts go off on the officiating...

edit: Richards sure does score some big goals.

NYRFan76
01-02-2012, 07:16 PM
1sssssssssst place boys!!! Go Blue!!! I'm shocked on Rupp's impact in the W.C. If Rupp keeps playing like that, he'll grow on me.

What was with the bad calls??? I mean really... McD for holding the puck!? I thought D-Men could move the puck with their hands? Or was that rule scrapped? Not only that, the bad call on Callahan? That empty net goal should have counted despite the penalty? I have seen many teams, multiple times score when a delayed penalty is being called. So why didn't that goal count? Explain that one to me?

KING HENRIK!!!!!! I'm starting to BELIEVE!!!

lvlheaded
01-02-2012, 07:18 PM
Great to see Staal back and great win today. **** the Flyers!

NYRFan76
01-02-2012, 07:18 PM
P.S.

If we can pull off a big victory like that despite the odds against us, I see us going very very far this year!

NYY09
01-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Great to see Staal back and great win today. **** the Flyers!

this, and the officials too.

NYR_NYJ
01-02-2012, 07:44 PM
Rupp is one of those guys with a knack of stepping up in big moments

J4KOP99
01-02-2012, 07:47 PM
What a game! I also cannot believe how pathetic the officiating was in the 3rd period. Unbelievable.

Great win though. Rupper with 2 huge goals and Richards scored another game-winner.

Lundqvist was great again and hopefully gets even more recognition after that performance on national TV in front of the biggest nhl-audience of the year.

--all-in-all, it was fun but I really do not like the game. It's too much of a crapshoot. I'm glad we won and glad that it's over.

jetsfan89
01-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Rupp did some pretty epic trolling today

Dernelle
01-02-2012, 07:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Co4oTl87Yk

J4KOP99
01-02-2012, 07:53 PM
If you guys have NHL Network, torts' press conference is on now.

bsi
01-02-2012, 07:55 PM
That's what Rupp can bring, I expect him to be a great addition in the playoffs. Great win, but really, I wish this team wouldn't leave it until the third period to wake up. If we could string together a 60 min effort there isn't a team in the league that could beat us. Brutal homer officiating though.....embarassing really.

saintant182
01-02-2012, 08:38 PM
Man that game was exciting as hell..started like a decent regular season game but just just never stopped gaining momentum, felt like a play-off win by the end.

refs officiating was dumb as hell at the end and i think was started by a couple small wrong calls and got to a point where they wer just trying to right some wrongs. but seeing as we won im over it and it made for an electrifying finish for the neutrals out their

rupper with two big goals from knowhere, and richards AGAIN with a big one at an oppertune moment. cant take away callys play behind the net to dubi that lead to that though, was awesome.

dubi was everywhere again, even with his low goals i still love that guy and would hate to see him on another team against us.

this has been an awesome year with the 24/7 and the classic so far and cant wait for final episode to see how elated the guys are.

kmo429
01-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Can someone post a video of the PS call everyone is *****ing about on facebook and twitter lol? I found PSreplays but I wanna see McDonagh do the thing with the puck in the crease.. Or Not do that whatever lol you get the picture

fingerbang
01-02-2012, 08:50 PM
The penalty shot was the one legit call they made. Putting Callahan in the box when someone interferes with him to prevent an empty net goal is a ****ing joke.

saintant182
01-02-2012, 09:12 PM
Can someone post a video of the PS call everyone is *****ing about on facebook and twitter lol? I found PSreplays but I wanna see McDonagh do the thing with the puck in the crease.. Or Not do that whatever lol you get the picture

its on the highlights on nhl.com...

basically the pucks loose behind hank and mcdonough jumps on it, dont see him put his hand on it though so i dont get it.... either way.. hank stood tall and we held on.

liltedspop
01-02-2012, 09:21 PM
Nice to Staal back & not missing a step right off the bats gets beaten to the outside by Wayne Symonds. Todays game was by all means a gr8 game. Lundqvist made the saves he needed to after that gimme in the 2nd. Rupp played huge & is a beast on the ice when he's healthy. Richards best investment we've made since Messier. Torts has won me completely over from being a huge detractor of his. This is a fairly complete team to this point in the season keep clear of the injury bug & this is a cup contending team, make the right move at the deadline this team could very well be in the cup finals sooner than any of us thought. Not to mention the future is totally bright for our team over the next 2 season the injection youth into an already winning team ie: Krieder Miller & cont'd gr8 play by Hagelin thats what dynastys are made of!

NYR_NYJ
01-02-2012, 09:25 PM
If McD put his hand over the puck how did it end up outside the crase?
Your allowed to sweep it out just not cover it, which is what I thought he did. Either way it worked out.

thegame248
01-02-2012, 09:33 PM
Nice to Staal back & not missing a step right off the bats gets beaten to the outside by Wayne Symonds. Todays game was by all means a gr8 game. Lundqvist made the saves he needed to after that gimme in the 2nd. Rupp played huge & is a beast on the ice when he's healthy. Richards best investment we've made since Messier. Torts has won me completely over from being a huge detractor of his. This is a fairly complete team to this point in the season keep clear of the injury bug & this is a cup contending team, make the right move at the deadline this team could very well be in the cup finals sooner than any of us thought. Not to mention the future is totally bright for our team over the next 2 season the injection youth into an already winning team ie: Krieder Miller & cont'd gr8 play by Hagelin thats what dynastys are made of!

In case you missed it, Staal was a +1 in his first game back.

:horse::horse:

saintant182
01-02-2012, 09:34 PM

simmonds was a monster in that game, handled everyone along those boards bar none... (he's kindda their version of dubi, strong solid 2way, gets involved everywhere, absolute pain to play against)

at first staal looked a step behind the pace but was fine after a his first shift and had a comfortable but not spectacular game which can be expected..... i assume he will have begged to get in this game and god knows how he twisted torts arm to do so but it went well.

we are such a hard team to play against i feel, never out of a game, extreemly hard to beat, mentally and physically, have scoring from throughout the lineup, the best goal tending in the league. richards who just seems to be everything we thought we would get in drury and more...

this team is going places, and these games against a very good philli side this year have all been pressure games and under the microscope around the league what with 24/7 and the guys have handled the pressure so well whilst winning, this is a good habit to get into.

NYRFan76
01-02-2012, 10:30 PM
63.2 Minor Penalty - A minor penalty shall be imposed on any player, including the goalkeeper, who holds, freezes or plays the puck with his stick, skates or body in such a manner as to deliberately cause a stoppage of play. With regard to a goalkeeper, this rule applies outside of his goal crease area.
A minor penalty for delay of game shall be imposed on any player or goalkeeper who deliberately shoots or bats (using his hand or his stick) the puck outside the playing area during the play or after a stoppage of play.
When any player, while in his defending zone, shoots or bats (using his hand or his stick) the puck directly (non-deflected) out of the playing surface, except where there is no glass, a penalty shall be assessed for delaying the game. When the puck is shot into the players’ bench, the penalty will not apply. When the puck is shot over the glass ‘behind’ the players’ bench, the penalty will be assessed.

Courtesy of the "Official" NHL Rule Book... so basically, the ref f'd up. It should have been just a delay of the game penalty. Not a penalty shot. I read this just so I personally have a better understanding of this penalty shot that was awarded to the Flyer's. There you go. It was a legit penalty, but no where in that portion of the rule book does it give the opponent a penalty shot?

dashripdot
01-02-2012, 10:34 PM
The penalty shot was the one legit call they made. Putting Callahan in the box when someone interferes with him to prevent an empty net goal is a ****ing joke.

No, it was almost as boneheaded as the delay call on McD. I'm surprised the ref from Philly didn't give Briere a do-over on the penalty shot.

Rangers in 7
01-02-2012, 11:02 PM
it shouldnt have been a penalty either on McD, only because he didnt cover the puck, he pushed it under hank.....what a bunch of idiot refs tonight

Raiderwood
01-03-2012, 12:07 AM
Terrible calls tonite.. The penalty shot, callys penalty and moving the goal were all horrible calls.. Thank goodness we really hung tough at the end. Love the way our young guys are stepping up!

nyanks79
01-03-2012, 12:31 AM
Wonder if Torts will get fined for his comments. Kinda crossed the line alittle. Though the calls were horrible.

Garden Faithful
01-03-2012, 01:59 AM
Wonder if Torts will get fined for his comments. Kinda crossed the line alittle. Though the calls were horrible.

I certainly hope not because it was so ridiculous that it was worth mentioning by him and the team would pay the fine anyway so its not going to affect anyone regardless.

Redfish
01-03-2012, 10:24 AM
Very pleased to see Stu Bickel get the nod over Woywitka (who I presume was healthy to play). He reminds me of a cross between Girardi and Sauer; hoping for him personally that he establishes a steady role in the NHL; I think he has been at it a while.

Rangers in 7
01-03-2012, 01:36 PM
the truth is everyone came out and said it was ********, even roenick say after the game it was a horrible call on McD....what a pathetic job by the refs

Isca92
01-03-2012, 02:34 PM
IMO the penalty shot was the best of the horrible calls. Meaning it could have gone under Mcdonagh when he slid, the one angle where you would be able to see if it was under him or not the refs head was in the way. So Ill give them that one. The Delay of Game for knocking the net off was terrible. The call on Cally, I originally thought was a dive (where I was watching there was no sound) but later when I saw it was a holding the stick call, was absurd. The non call on Gaborik when Timonen had his stick in Gabs ( could of easily been a penalty shot) was pretty bad. However, lets remember Briere had the puck and and was circling to the open net when the ref lost sight of the puck and blew it dead.

All and all the calls were awful, and the fact that the one ref played for the junior Flyers should have been enough to keep him out of any Philly game.

Dubbs
01-03-2012, 03:38 PM
NYRFan76, i don't think that is the rule they are referring to, though I could be wrong, I have never personally parsed through the NHL rulebook, but I believe there is a rule that states if a player, other than the goaltender, freezes a puck while in the crease, it is a penalty shot.

However, I agree completely that it was a terrible call. I also said, how could he freeze the puck if the puck came out on the otherside of Lundqvist. The puck was never frozen. Cally penalty, McD penalty, all garbage, and without question Torts, and i wouldn't be shocked if Sather, will get fined. Even though they are totally justified. I almost feel like the NHL should come out and say the refs effed up. Regardless, great win.

djjoeny
01-03-2012, 05:00 PM
The NHL should be EMBARRASSED - they turned a well played exciting game into WWE wrestling. The last 5 minutes there were 3 BLATANT attempts to force O\T and extend the game. The Delay of game when McD was checked inro the crossbar causing it to dislodge. The Dive call when Cally was hooked - why would he dive there when he had his man beat to the puck??? And finally the penalty shot - what there was NEVER a hand closed on the puck. Just embarrassing! - I am glad Torts lit them up - Come on Bettman fess up to the truth - you didn't care who wins - you just wanted O/T and or a shootout.

bsi
01-03-2012, 05:44 PM
NYRFan76, i don't think that is the rule they are referring to, though I could be wrong, I have never personally parsed through the NHL rulebook, but I believe there is a rule that states if a player, other than the goaltender, freezes a puck while in the crease, it is a penalty shot.

However, I agree completely that it was a terrible call. I also said, how could he freeze the puck if the puck came out on the otherside of Lundqvist. The puck was never frozen. Cally penalty, McD penalty, all garbage, and without question Torts, and i wouldn't be shocked if Sather, will get fined. Even though they are totally justified. I almost feel like the NHL should come out and say the refs effed up. Regardless, great win.

The rule is about covering the puck with your hand....you are allowed to fall on it or whatever but you can't put an open hand on it and freeze it.

wahjahka
01-03-2012, 06:36 PM
a 3-2 loss to PHI isnt too bad, good game overall, just need those 2 points

bsi
01-03-2012, 07:10 PM
a 3-2 loss to PHI isnt too bad, good game overall, just need those 2 points

We won the game.

saintant182
01-03-2012, 08:24 PM
We won the game.

lol, so i wasnt the only one thrown by his post... what a game too, wahjahka, you should go watch highlights seeing as you clearly didnt. was awesome

wahjahka
01-03-2012, 08:35 PM
Flyers suck!!!!
Lets go rangers!!! 3-0 against philthy!!!!!!!!!

saintant182
01-03-2012, 09:10 PM
hmmmmm.....

Rangers in 7
01-03-2012, 09:56 PM
hahahah he was banned.....anyways, still shouldnt have been a penalty and we kicked ***

oak2455
01-03-2012, 10:56 PM
hahahah he was banned.....anyways, still shouldnt have been a penalty and we kicked ***

that was a great game the Refs kept them in it:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

dashripdot
01-04-2012, 10:55 AM
The rule is about covering the puck with your hand....you are allowed to fall on it or whatever but you can't put an open hand on it and freeze it.

Not when the player falls on it in the crease. And that was the call. The only justification for that call would be if he dives for the puck and the ref loses sight of it before it slid out of the crease (the refs lost sight of a lot of things in that game). I'm not sure if "losing sight of the puck" is reviewable in a penalty situation (obviously, it's not reviewable when the ref whistles down play when he loses sight of the puck). But that happened instantaneuously and there would be no point in a quick whistle for losing sight of the puck under those circumstances -- in fact, even if the ref immediately decided a penalty would be called, why not hold the whistle for an instant to see if the puck came out to the attacking team to give them a chance to score on the continuing play? That penalty call on McD was not made immediately, but only after discussion amongst the refs.

The truly brain-dead call was against McD for knocking the net off the moorings. How does the other ref not pull him aside and convince him to overrule that call? This one just didn't get as much play because of the one that resulted in a penalty shot and the dual-penalty call (which call, by the way, should not have been made simply because the Timmonen foul should have resulted in an automatic goal, not a penalty that could be offset).

PhillyPhan8790
01-04-2012, 06:31 PM
i watched it

u dumb

wake up

rangers suck

go flyers

Stop.

Flyers suck!!!!
Lets go rangers!!! 3-0 against philthy!!!!!!!!!

Flyers are 4th in the East and were only two behind the Rangers before the Classic. So they don't suck. You just sound stupid. Flyers just beat Pittsburgh before monday, certainly doesnt mean they suck.

that was a great game the Refs kept them in it:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Couldn't just let it be a good game could you? Typical.

Isca92
01-05-2012, 01:15 AM
The Penalty shot was the right call. Here is the rule straight from nhl.com. Rule 63.5 Penalty Shot - paragraph 3 "No defending player, except the goalkeeper, will be permitted to fall on the puck, hold the puck, pick up the puck, or gather the puck into the body or hands when the puck is within the goal crease. For infringement of this rule, play shall immediately be stopped and a penalty shot shall be ordered against the offending team, but no other penalty shall be given. The rule shall be interpreted so that a penalty shot will be awarded only when the puck is in the crease at the instant the offense occurs."
http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26355
At one point he basically smothers the puck, before pushing the puck out, the other side. Its a penalty and id want Mcdonagh to do that every time.

bsi
01-10-2012, 10:55 AM
Anyone have a link to where I can watch episode 4 of the 24/7, can't find it and I haven't got to watch it yet.. PM me please thanks.