PDA

View Full Version : Utah's Logjam at the Big man postions

kjoke
12-31-2011, 02:32 PM
They have Millsap, Favors, Jefferson, Kanter. Should they trade Millsap or Jefferson to make room for new players?

justinnum1
12-31-2011, 02:33 PM
they prob will...

WolvesJagsOs
12-31-2011, 02:35 PM
I expect Millsap to get moved to be honest. I think Al Jeff stays.

unleashthebeast
12-31-2011, 02:36 PM
Move Milsap to washington! 3way deal where blatche+ goes elsewhere (maybe LA for there exception?) picks to Utah, then Milsap to Washington. They actually would be good with that lineup

Sadds The Gr8
12-31-2011, 02:36 PM
They need a PG...bad...

Karnivore
12-31-2011, 02:42 PM
Id say move Al Jeff before Milsap.

Swashcuff
12-31-2011, 02:43 PM
To think that had it not been for Brook Lopez's broken foot they could have still had Mehmet Okur as well. I think Kanter should be the only player that is "off limits" to a certain extent due to the fact that he's possibly the only one of the bunch to who can comfortably log you serious minutes at the C and do some serious banging inside. Then first on the block for me would be Millsap, followed by Favours (who I'm not very high on just yet) and Jefferson.

kjoke
12-31-2011, 02:43 PM
Harris is ok. Maybe a sg for the time being till burks can take some time. I think they can reel in a lot with jefferson/millsap. Hell maybe jefferson for monta?

Swashcuff
12-31-2011, 02:45 PM
Harris is ok. Maybe a sg for the time being till burks can take some time. I think they can reel in a lot with jefferson/millsap. Hell maybe jefferson for monta?

I think GS is looking more along the lines of having a defensive stopper at their C. Though Al Jeff may be underrated on that end of the floor he is far from that. Good suggestion however. If push comes to shove something like that may go down.

SlimKid
12-31-2011, 02:47 PM
I'd say Jefferson right away, but not sure who would take on his contract for the next 2 years.. That being said, Millsap seems most likely.. Both could end up in a package though as mentioned above..

LTBaByyy
12-31-2011, 02:50 PM
Al Jefferson will be gone, more value than Millsap

Trade on draft day for one of the PGs in lottery-late first and a starting SF

Cosmic_Canon
12-31-2011, 02:52 PM
Try to move Al(that contract, ugh), start Millsap and Kanter, while Favors comes off the bench.
/profit

YoungOne
12-31-2011, 02:53 PM
just give us big al already! :D

Swashcuff
12-31-2011, 02:53 PM
I'd say Jefferson right away, but not sure who would take on his contract for the next 2 years.. That being said, Millsap seems most likely.. Both could end up in a package though as mentioned above..

That's just the thing. Al being a huge expiring next off season may work well in Utah's favour.

SlimKid
12-31-2011, 02:54 PM
That's just the thing. Al being a huge expiring next off season may work well in Utah's favour.

Excellent point! He comes of the books at the end of next season, right??

VCaintdead17
12-31-2011, 02:55 PM
If anything Al Jeff will be the first to move.

X12Celtics3
12-31-2011, 02:56 PM
If only the Celtics had something to trade for Al Jefferson...

DeRozan10
12-31-2011, 03:47 PM
Future is bright in Utah

lavilevi23
12-31-2011, 04:31 PM
Kanter for Norris Cole?

RenegadeRiot36
12-31-2011, 04:47 PM
Kanter for Norris Cole?

I reaaaally hope youre kidding.

lavilevi23
12-31-2011, 04:48 PM
why?

ramz.n
12-31-2011, 04:52 PM
right not its favors and jefferson..with millsap as the 3rtd big off the bench...the future will be favors and Kanter..I see both jefferson and millsap being moved in the future.

lvlheaded
12-31-2011, 04:53 PM
Id love to have Millsap or Jefferson on the Knicks

LanceUpperCut
12-31-2011, 04:59 PM
Kanter for Norris Cole?

Not sure if your being sarcastic lets hope.

Kutchie03
12-31-2011, 05:00 PM
why?

because they are both rookies and Utah took Kanter like 30 picks before the HEAT took Cole.. they would be ******** to swap the #3 pick for a late first rounder

Ironman5219
12-31-2011, 05:07 PM
Jazz fan here: We really don't have that much of a log jam anymore, once Okur was traded there is plenty of minutes to go around. The starting minutes will probably go to Jefferson and Favors. Millsap is an awsome 6th man. Kanter is still pretty raw but is a beast on the boards. I really don't see Utah moving anyone this year unless things get ugly for the team. After this season and near draft time, I could really see Jefferson being moved because we would get more value in return.... just my 2 cents

DR_1
12-31-2011, 05:09 PM
Milisap would look good in Chicago!

DR_1
12-31-2011, 05:10 PM
Kanter for Norris Cole?

Trollolol

Cal827
12-31-2011, 05:26 PM
Deal Both out.

Have a line up that starts Burks-Heyward-Favors-Kanter

Lose a game

Repeat for rest of season.

Obtain high pick and get the point guard to add to this list.

Problem, tankers?

numba1CHANGsta
12-31-2011, 05:27 PM
Millsap to LAL for Trade Exception :D

Iodine
12-31-2011, 05:44 PM
Milsap is who the Jazz should look to move if they want to move anyone. I love him, but he can only play PF and they already have Sexual Favors and Al Jeff who can play there well, and Kanter has been given 0.097876 chances to show anything so far.

Iodine
12-31-2011, 05:45 PM
Deal Both out.

Lose a game

Problem, tankers?

Did you just troll physics the NBA forum?

loublue22
12-31-2011, 05:51 PM
Deal Both out.

Lose a game

Problem, tankers?
And who they take? Marshall?

As great as this draft is, PG is the definite weak spot.

Iodine
12-31-2011, 05:54 PM

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/troll-science-troll-physics

llemon
12-31-2011, 05:58 PM
Jazz fan here: We really don't have that much of a log jam anymore, once Okur was traded there is plenty of minutes to go around. The starting minutes will probably go to Jefferson and Favors. Millsap is an awsome 6th man. Kanter is still pretty raw but is a beast on the boards. I really don't see Utah moving anyone this year unless things get ugly for the team. After this season and near draft time, I could really see Jefferson being moved because we would get more value in return.... just my 2 cents

Utah's 4 man bigs rotation is great. Kanter and Favors still have much to learn. Milsap can prrobably spend a little time at SF, depending on the matchup./

And of course, if one of those 4 suffers an injury, the rotation is still solid.

This is why many teams carry a 3rd PG.

Lo Porto
12-31-2011, 06:00 PM
Jazz fan here. If Favors and Kanter keep improving, Jefferson should go. Favors and Kanter can both play C so Jefferson is expendable since he's primarily a C. Millsap can play PF and a little SF. Utah should keep him around due to his affordable contract and durability.

JIDsanity
12-31-2011, 06:10 PM
They should look to draft a PG, and move Milsap for something else. They dont really have any potential superstars. Favors is awesome though. Hayward is nice too.

llemon
12-31-2011, 06:10 PM
Jazz fan here. If Favors and Kanter keep improving, Jefferson should go. Favors and Kanter can both play C so Jefferson is expendable since he's primarily a C. Millsap can play PF and a little SF. Utah should keep him around due to his affordable contract and durability.

I always thought of Jefferson as a PF forced to play Center.

Iodine
12-31-2011, 06:22 PM
I always thought of Jefferson as a PF forced to play Center.

His offensive game is not a traditional C and his D rates from sub-par to average, but he has the size and rebounding to play there effectively

mavwar53
12-31-2011, 06:25 PM
I think it would be great for them to trade one of them but I don't see a situation that works for everyone, they need a PG Rondo if still available seems like the best player to be had but I don't see other deals working, cause like some said Jefferson is best suited as a PF not a C.

FarOutIos
12-31-2011, 06:28 PM
This thread is funny. I really don't see how having 4 big men is a logjam. But, then again, I think I am not a big Millsap fan... so I consider him more of a great bench big man than a great starter.

Either way... until the 2 young bigs develop, then 4 is probably a good number at those spots.

llemon
12-31-2011, 06:37 PM
His offensive game is not a traditional C and his D rates from sub-par to average, but he has the size and rebounding to play there effectively

Al Horford also. But Al Horford is a PF.

If Dalembert had taken a small one year deal with Hawks, Atlanta would have been a team that had to be dealt with.

Iodine
12-31-2011, 06:43 PM
Al Horford also. But Al Horford is a PF.

If Dalembert had taken a small one year deal with Hawks, Atlanta would have been a team that had to be dealt with.

I agree that both are better at PF, but they both can play C really well

Iodine
12-31-2011, 06:44 PM
This thread is funny. I really don't see how having 4 big men is a logjam. But, then again, I think I am not a big Millsap fan... so I consider him more of a great bench big man than a great starter.

Either way... until the 2 young bigs develop, then 4 is probably a good number at those spots.
Because everyone is assuming Kanter and Sexual Favors develop, even though for all we know they could become transvestite pop singers and retire tomorrow.

Cal827
12-31-2011, 06:45 PM
Did you just troll physics the NBA forum?

Lol, I should have guessed that you would have noticed.

Iodine
12-31-2011, 06:48 PM
Lol, I should have guessed that you would have noticed.

I applaud your efforts

llemon
12-31-2011, 06:53 PM
I agree that both are better at PF, but they both can play C really well

So you follow my logic that Utah or Atlanta acquiring an effective Center would put either Al at PF, where they are much better players than when they play out of position at Center.

PHX2daDEATH
12-31-2011, 06:56 PM
How about Milsap, filler for Tyreke Evans ? Looks expendable with how Thorton has come on

Cal827
12-31-2011, 06:58 PM
How about Milsap, filler for Tyreke Evans ? Looks expendable with how Thorton has come on

Mother of God, don't let CousinsEvansDUO see that lol

Ironman5219
12-31-2011, 07:04 PM

I would take evans in a heartbeat!!!

Kakaroach
12-31-2011, 07:07 PM
There have been countless debates in the Jazz forum about this, and there will be until we fix this logjam.

For me, I'd trade Big Al. As awesome as he is, we could get a ton in return for a 20/10 guy. Being a legit low-post scorer is so rare nowadays and I think a potentially contending team would give up a lot for him. Millsap is a very good player, but I'm not sure hoe much wwe would get back for him, considering we are a rebuilding team.

Of course Favors and Kanter are untouchable unless OMGawesome deal.

llemon
12-31-2011, 07:11 PM
There have been countless debates in the Jazz forum about this, and there will be until we fix this logjam.

For me, I'd trade Big Al. As awesome as he is, we could get a ton in return for a 20/10 guy. Being a legit low-post scorer is so rare nowadays and I think a potentially contending team would give up a lot for him. Millsap is a very good player, but I'm not sure hoe much wwe would get back for him, considering we are a rebuilding team.

Of course Favors and Kanter are untouchable unless OMGawesome deal.

Well, best of luck to you guys. Personally, until Favors and Kanter have proven themselves, I'd keep the 4 bigman rotation.

And I think most of NBA management knows that a team can only progress so far with Al Jeff as their Center.

NYMetros
12-31-2011, 07:17 PM
What's wrong with having tons of quality big men? I don't think it's something Utah has to address right now by trading one away. Wait until you see what you got in Kanter and Favors.

Utah is the exact opposite of the Detroit Pistons, btw.

iggypop123
12-31-2011, 07:17 PM
al needs to get in shape

llemon
12-31-2011, 07:20 PM
al needs to get in shape

Many of us do.

Iodine
12-31-2011, 07:24 PM
So you follow my logic that Utah or Atlanta acquiring an effective Center would put either Al at PF, where they are much better players than when they play out of position at Center.

Oh yes, I agree like 7000000%, For a contending team Al can't be your C, but he can be passible there

iam brett favre
12-31-2011, 07:25 PM
Milisap would look good in Chicago!

:pity: No you have enough Utah players there

LakersLockdwn
12-31-2011, 07:28 PM
When the lakers played them millsap wasnt much of a factor looks like they have moved on already

Lake_Show2416
12-31-2011, 07:57 PM
i would move both & get all the young prospects &/or picks i can get for them & start building a nice team

i would get rid of big Al 1st tho cuz of his bad knees & Millsap has a nice contract, plus i like Millsap's flexibility

both will b good pieces for any team looking to take an extra step forward

Ware_Spencer
12-31-2011, 08:19 PM
Devin Harris & Al Jefferson
for
Rajon Rondo
Wilcox and Jermaine O'Neal (buy him out than he would sign with Heat or wait a month to sign with Celtics again)

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8yk323j

Rondo - Watson - Tinsley
Miles - Burks
Hayward - Howard
Millsap - Kanter
Favors - Kanter - Wilcox

Harris - ??? Not sure
Allen - Petirus
Pierce - Pavlovic
Garnett - Bass
Jefferson - O'Neal

Swashcuff
12-31-2011, 09:19 PM

Do you guys even pay attention to the opposing teams when making these types of suggestions? The Kings have JJ Hickson, Jason Thompson, Chuck Hayes, DMC and Donte Greene who can all give them time at the PF. Why would they trade their franchise player for another reserve PF? No way they are trading Tyreke for Millsap and fillers. How can Tyreke be expendable when he's the best player? :confused: If anyone would be expendable it would be Thronton provided they can get a true PG in return maybe.

Giraffes Rule
12-31-2011, 09:49 PM
I'd love it if the Spurs swapped Jeffersons with Utah. It would take more from the Spurs side of things to make the deal, but I do think it would benefit both teams.

Iodine
12-31-2011, 09:52 PM
I would climax if we got Al Jeff

D-Will4Prez
01-01-2012, 03:38 AM
Devin Harris & Al Jefferson
for
Rajon Rondo
Wilcox and Jermaine O'Neal (buy him out than he would sign with Heat or wait a month to sign with Celtics again)

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8yk323j

Rondo - Watson - Tinsley
Miles - Burks
Hayward - Howard
Millsap - Kanter
Favors - Kanter - Wilcox

Harris - ??? Not sure
Allen - Petirus
Pierce - Pavlovic
Garnett - Bass
Jefferson - O'Neal

In a heartbeat. I would jizz myself.

D-Will4Prez
01-01-2012, 03:45 AM

Marshall is the best fit...excellent passer. But don't count out Teague with Kentucky's recent history at that position, not to mention the fact that he was the top ranked PG out of high school. Don't need a top 5 pick to get either of those guys though.

Iodine
01-01-2012, 04:18 AM
Meh, Teague has looked a bit confused so far, it could be a knock on his ability to get multiple guys involved

#DecidingAPlayersFutureInJanuary